Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 942567 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread
« Reply #2100 on: May 19, 2015, 01:23:07 PM »
Let's take a look at last night's show.  Some things to consider: Big Show, Roman Reigns, and Randy Orton were absent.  Reigns being off the show for a night was probably a breath of fresh air for most people.

Opening segment: The Authority. :zzz

Match 1: Sheamus Vs. Ryback.  I like that Ryback is getting a push again.  Sheamus just looks too fucking stupid, to the point that they're trying to make it a "thing."  Don't care about this match-up.  :zzz

Match 2: Neville Vs. King BARRUH.  Good stuff.  Throwing in Bo Dallas, too?  Sure.    :D

Rusev segment: :zzz He's boring already.  Sorry, he is.  And he's already been fed to Cena and it feels like he has nothing left.  The Russian patriot gimmick is old.  The crowd is more interested in Lana.

Match 3: Bray Wyatt vs. Dean Ambrose.  Fine I guess.  I feel like Wyatt has no direction.  The feud with Ryback made no sense and they already seem to be past it.  :|

Match 4: Tag team stuff.  This is also good stuff.  I like what they are doing here.  Keep it up.   :D

Cena/Owens segment: Cena remains stale, boring Cena.  It's nice seeing NXT guys pop up like this, but it's not a permanent thing.   :)

Match 5: Dolph Ziggler vs. Stardust.  This was over in like a minute.  Barely counts.  Kind of like Stardust's current career standings.    :zzz

Match 6: Erick Rowan and Luke Harper vs. Fandango and Zack Ryder.  :zzz 

Match 7: Nikki Bella vs. Naomi (w/Tamina) for the Divas Championship.  :zzz Paige returns and predictably heels up on Nikki.  Stale, stale, stale.  Bring up the NXT women already. 

Ending segment: More authority stuff.  More Seth.  Now we ditch Reigns and Orton and it's Ambrose vs. Rollins...again.  This shit has been going on for too long.  I'm bored of it.  Have Kane turn on the Authority already.  Just fucking do something.  :zzz

That's way more snoozers for me.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2101 on: May 19, 2015, 02:36:51 PM »
FOR ANOTHER PAGE.

MY GUIDE TO WATCHING PRO WRESTLING IN 2015

Besides Raw.

Pick and choose what appeals to you.

NXT

Where to watch it: WWE Network/Hulu

Who should watch it: People who prefer an old school WWF vibe with a new, modern paint. No stupid evil, heel authority figure, women wrestling in actual storylines, character progression on a weekly  basis, subtlety in the story lines that allows for personal interpretation without the people cramming the storyline down  your throat (the current Owens and Zayn storyline is a perfect example), newbies trying to hack it and actually try to learn the ropes and show what they're made of. That said, by virtue of its nature - a developmental - it features some rough and green wrestlers who are still learning the ropes, so the quality isn't ALWAYS up there. But this is also a blessing disguise, because you literally get to see new wrestlers like Charlotte grow exponentially in the spa of a year, going from green nub to someone who can pull off 4 star matches through sheer will power. You literally view the future of WWE by watching NXT, and going by NXT, that future is bright.

The crowd also sucks shit.

Examples of NXT awesome:

Lucha Underground

How to watch it: El Ray Network, or alternatively, their youtube channel for free

Who should watch it: People who want something more novel in wrestling. LU is unique in that it molds cinematic film cuts with pre-scripted dialogue. It feels like a film. You can view a sample of what I'm talking about here:

Currently one of the top contenders fighting for the Number 2 spot in America wrestling. It takes the telenovela aspect of wrestling to an extreme, as shown in the above video. WWE advertises that their thing is sports entertainment, but LU really IS that, and does it BETTER. Watch Lucha if you're a fan of dark, gritty atmosphere, Mexican spirituality and lore inserted into storylines, and Lucha Libre style wrestling in general. Episodes are one hour long, and are consistently the best wrestling show on air due to its experimentation, quality storylines, emphasis on kayfabe, and progressive viewpoints (women regularly wrestling men in LU). You watch LU if you're all about storylines in pro wrestling, because they carry over week to week to week. Actually, the stuff that happened on episode 1 matter.

Examples of LU AWESOME:

Yes, that's Cage ripping the old LU belt in HALF. Expect WWE to rip this off in the future!

Ring of Honor

Where to watch: your local station that airs it or on their website for free

Who should watch it: If you are about grit, that old Attitude Era feeling, and dark wrestling settings, this is for you. It's not an entirely dark show, and it doesn't always take itself seriously, but it's great stuff. Solid booking, they're rebuilding as they've lost a lot of their biggest stars but they've done a lot of good things too. For instance, Jay Lethal's TV title run, and Briscoe with the ROH championship are giving it a damn good run. Include Alberto Patron and some other shit and you've got a great kick ass one hour wrestling show that's worth watching. One thing to consider: Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Sami Zayn, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, all those guys? They came from ROH. ROH is WWE's current largest place where they pick up talent from. ROH instills an oldschool environment which leads to very, very well rounded wrestlers. So if you wanna see the guys and gals that interest WWE as far talent goes for the most part, check out ROH. Watch a free episode on the website. It's an hour long. See if it's your thing.

Examples of ROH AWESOME:

I can't find gifs from recent ppvs for whatever reason. :yeshrug But that match is so iconic in ROH, and encapsulates what they're going for, I might as well only post that.

ROH AND NEW JAPAN JUST HAD THEIR SECOND TOUR TOGETHER CALLED WAR OF THE WORLDS. This was night 1, and it was amazing.

WATCH WAR OF THE WORLDS. GO TO WWW.ROHWRESTLING.COM AND GIVE THEM 20 BUCKS TO WATCH THREE HOURS OF WRESTLING GOODNESS. THIS IS ALSO YOUR BEST INTRODUCTION TO NJPW STARS IF YOU ARE AN ENGLISH SPEAKER.

New Japan Pro Wrestling

How to watch: NJPW World,  AXS TV

Who should watch it: Weeaboos, people who like that classic 80's wrestling sportsman-like feel. Shows are usually like once a month so there's little time investment. Feuds are started based on simple things like,"I'm the best, fuck off" or "I WANT YOUR BELT, FUCK OFF" and yet it satisfactorily delivers the emotional highs wrestling can give. Character development is excellent, and despite the language barrier, you'll learn that charisma knows no language. Further, there are MANY foreigner stars in NJPW and many breakout stars are heading to NJPW to build themselves up to make themselves a reputation. Watch NJPW if you're a fan of wrestling matches that are about intense psychology and in-ring storytelling. NJPW is famous for that. Okada's finisher for example, is a lariat clothesline that hits the opponent in the neck. Every SINGLE move in Okada's moveset is there to set up that move to bring one devastating blow: piledriver, drop  kick to the upper body, moves that target the back and neck specifically. His moves aren't random, no move is wasted. Every move is there to help tell a story or build a legitimate strategy. Japanese wrestling treats wrestling like an artform, and this is shown within every move.  NJPW is the absolute best fed at this currently. Watch NJPW if you like wrestling that feels REAL. Japanese wrestling is very focused on martial arts, and many Japanese wrestlers are legit shooters, like Suzuki. So if you're a fan of Daniel Bryan or Finn Balor's movesets, Japanese wrestling is a big suggestion because their movesets are Japanese as fuck. If you are interested in watching NJPW but find the language barrier a struggle, start with this year's Wrestle Kingdom 9, commentated by the Jim Ross and Matt Striker. Not only is it currently the best wrestling show I've seen all year, it's a great entry point due to its English commentating. After that, a good place to start is ROH and NJPW's Global Wars/War of the Worlds. After that, check out their English matches on AXS.

Examples of NJPW AWESOME:

Beauty in motion :lawd

Bonus Feds: TNA, PWG, Chikara, AAA.

Currently all of the above except for NXT and really, NJPW, are gunning for the number 2 spot in American wrestling. ROH, LU, TNA are all shooting for it with GFW launching this summer and gunning for it as well. So competition is currently TOUGH, almost everyone has a tv deal (even NJPW) so it's all widely accessible. Everyone of these feds I listed, including NXT, is trying to make their mark to grab the same group of fans. This is leading to a mini global pro wrestling revolution because fans don't have to suffer by watching horrible low quality traded tapes just to see wrestling around the world anymore.

At the current time, there is so much quality wrestling available - legally - that there's really no excuse as a wrestling fan to not find something you like. We may not be in a golden age again, but as pure quality and sheer options go, it hasn't been this good to be a wrestling fan since at least 1998/1999.

Pick yer poison.  I personally go with Raw, NXT, LU, and NJPW. I watch ROH when the mood strikes, which isn't often.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 08:27:41 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2102 on: May 19, 2015, 03:18:24 PM »
A general part of Cena's storyline is that his finisher doesn't have what it takes anymore, and it takes him a few tries to finish off his opponents, forcing him to create new moves like the springboard stunner. The story is an older cena protecting his neck against young up and comers while putting them over and making them look tough. A lot of people think that he may phase out the Attitude Adjustment, and replace it with the springboard stunner but who knows. Cena is in the twilight of his career and they are pretty obviously setting him up for one final run with this current storyline.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2103 on: May 19, 2015, 04:09:06 PM »
Good write-up, Himu.  I really need to check out the alternatives.

Cena is in the twilight of his career and they are pretty obviously setting him up for one final run with this current storyline.

You can't really believe this.  He'll stay with them well into his 40s.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2104 on: May 19, 2015, 07:47:03 PM »
Cena is currently 38, is prone to work through major injuries, has two films he's been in coming out this year, (non WWE, Hollywood films too), has done everything as far as accolades for the company besides beat Flair's record (like I said, one last WWEHW belt run), is currently spending every week on Raw being a workhorse putting over young talent to show what they can do with the lowest tier men's singles belt on the roster, and given his schedule for the past ten years his body is going to be nuts in his 40's. Right now, they don't have Cena anywhere near the main event, a place he hasn't been in...how long? Who is in the main event? Who's getting the main cards for the main event? Young talent. What did they want from Roman Reigns? To replace CENA.

Every sign is on the wall, dude. If he stays another ten years as top guy I'll eat my hat.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2105 on: May 19, 2015, 08:23:48 PM »
FOR ANOTHER PAGE.

MY GUIDE TO WATCHING PRO WRESTLING IN 2015

Besides Raw.

Pick and choose what appeals to you.

NXT

Where to watch it: WWE Network/Hulu

Who should watch it: People who prefer an old school WWF vibe with a new, modern paint. No stupid evil, heel authority figure, women wrestling in actual storylines, character progression on a weekly  basis, subtlety in the story lines that allows for personal interpretation without the people cramming the storyline down  your throat (the current Owens and Zayn storyline is a perfect example), newbies trying to hack it and actually try to learn the ropes and show what they're made of. That said, by virtue of its nature - a developmental - it features some rough and green wrestlers who are still learning the ropes, so the quality isn't ALWAYS up there. But this is also a blessing disguise, because you literally get to see new wrestlers like Charlotte grow exponentially in the spa of a year, going from green nub to someone who can pull off 4 star matches through sheer will power. You literally view the future of WWE by watching NXT, and going by NXT, that future is bright.

The crowd also sucks shit.

Examples of NXT awesome:

Lucha Underground

How to watch it: El Ray Network, or alternatively, their youtube channel for free

Who should watch it: People who want something more novel in wrestling. LU is unique in that it molds cinematic film cuts with pre-scripted dialogue. It feels like a film. You can view a sample of what I'm talking about here:

Currently one of the top contenders fighting for the Number 2 spot in America wrestling. It takes the telenovela aspect of wrestling to an extreme, as shown in the above video. WWE advertises that their thing is sports entertainment, but LU really IS that, and does it BETTER. Watch Lucha if you're a fan of dark, gritty atmosphere, Mexican spirituality and lore inserted into storylines, and Lucha Libre style wrestling in general. Episodes are one hour long, and are consistently the best wrestling show on air due to its experimentation, quality storylines, emphasis on kayfabe, and progressive viewpoints (women regularly wrestling men in LU). You watch LU if you're all about storylines in pro wrestling, because they carry over week to week to week. Actually, the stuff that happened on episode 1 matter.

Examples of LU AWESOME:

Yes, that's Cage ripping the old LU belt in HALF. Expect WWE to rip this off in the future!

Ring of Honor

Where to watch: your local station that airs it or on their website for free

Who should watch it: If you are about grit, that old Attitude Era feeling, and dark wrestling settings, this is for you. It's not an entirely dark show, and it doesn't always take itself seriously, but it's great stuff. Solid booking, they're rebuilding as they've lost a lot of their biggest stars but they've done a lot of good things too. For instance, Jay Lethal's TV title run, and Briscoe with the ROH championship are giving it a damn good run. Include Alberto Patron and some other shit and you've got a great kick ass one hour wrestling show that's worth watching. One thing to consider: Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Sami Zayn, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, all those guys? They came from ROH. ROH is WWE's current largest place where they pick up talent from. ROH instills an oldschool environment which leads to very, very well rounded wrestlers. So if you wanna see the guys and gals that interest WWE as far talent goes for the most part, check out ROH. Watch a free episode on the website. It's an hour long. See if it's your thing.

Examples of ROH AWESOME:

I can't find gifs from recent ppvs for whatever reason. :yeshrug But that match is so iconic in ROH, and encapsulates what they're going for, I might as well only post that.

ROH AND NEW JAPAN JUST HAD THEIR SECOND TOUR TOGETHER CALLED WAR OF THE WORLDS. This was night 1, and it was amazing.

WATCH WAR OF THE WORLDS. GO TO WWW.ROHWRESTLING.COM AND GIVE THEM 20 BUCKS TO WATCH THREE HOURS OF WRESTLING GOODNESS. THIS IS ALSO YOUR BEST INTRODUCTION TO NJPW STARS IF YOU ARE AN ENGLISH SPEAKER.

New Japan Pro Wrestling

How to watch: NJPW World,  AXS TV

Who should watch it: Weeaboos, people who like that classic 80's wrestling sportsman-like feel. Shows are usually like once a month so there's little time investment. Feuds are started based on simple things like,"I'm the best, fuck off" or "I WANT YOUR BELT, FUCK OFF" and yet it satisfactorily delivers the emotional highs wrestling can give. Character development is excellent, and despite the language barrier, you'll learn that charisma knows no language. Further, there are MANY foreigner stars in NJPW and many breakout stars are heading to NJPW to build themselves up to make themselves a reputation. Watch NJPW if you're a fan of wrestling matches that are about intense psychology and in-ring storytelling. NJPW is famous for that. Okada's finisher for example, is a lariat clothesline that hits the opponent in the neck. Every SINGLE move in Okada's moveset is there to set up that move to bring one devastating blow: piledriver, drop  kick to the upper body, moves that target the back and neck specifically. His moves aren't random, no move is wasted. Every move is there to help tell a story or build a legitimate strategy. Japanese wrestling treats wrestling like an artform, and this is shown within every move.  NJPW is the absolute best fed at this currently. Watch NJPW if you like wrestling that feels REAL. Japanese wrestling is very focused on martial arts, and many Japanese wrestlers are legit shooters, like Suzuki. So if you're a fan of Daniel Bryan or Finn Balor's movesets, Japanese wrestling is a big suggestion because their movesets are Japanese as fuck. If you are interested in watching NJPW but find the language barrier a struggle, start with this year's Wrestle Kingdom 9, commentated by the Jim Ross and Matt Striker. Not only is it currently the best wrestling show I've seen all year, it's a great entry point due to its English commentating. After that, a good place to start is ROH and NJPW's Global Wars/War of the Worlds. After that, check out their English matches on AXS.

Examples of NJPW AWESOME:

Beauty in motion :lawd

Bonus Feds: TNA, PWG, Chikara, AAA.

Currently all of the above except for NXT and really, NJPW, are gunning for the number 2 spot in American wrestling. ROH, LU, TNA are all shooting for it with GFW launching this summer and gunning for it as well. So competition is currently TOUGH, almost everyone has a tv deal (even NJPW) so it's all widely accessible. Everyone of these feds I listed, including NXT, is trying to make their mark to grab the same group of fans. This is leading to a mini global pro wrestling revolution because fans don't have to suffer by watching horrible low quality traded tapes just to see wrestling around the world anymore.

At the current time, there is so much quality wrestling available - legally - that there's really no excuse as a wrestling fan to not find something you like. We may not be in a golden age again, but as pure quality and sheer options go, it hasn't been this good to be a wrestling fan since at least 1998/1999.

Pick yer poison.  I personally go with Raw, NXT, LU, and NJPW. I watch ROH when the mood strikes, which isn't often.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2106 on: May 20, 2015, 12:49:24 AM »
http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0519/594439/live-coverage-of-triple-h-nxt-media-conference/

Welcome to Wrestling Inc's coverage of Triple H's media conference to promote tomorrow's NXT Takeover: Unstoppable.

* Triple H apologizes for his voice and says "with a nose like mine, changing allergy zones three times" is a bad thing.

* HHH puts over Charlotte and Sasha Banks headlining an NXT live event last week. He wants them to change the perception of what women do in the industry.

* The NXT tours will continue. He's looking at festival touring and some international shows as well. He wants NXT to be a full brand by next year.

* HHH thanked ESPN and Jeremy Schapp. He said he hopes that they can work together more, or produce more of those for the Network.

* Sami Zayn has been cleared, an will compete.

* HHH thinks Becky/Sasha could steal the show.

* Matt Bloom has been promoted to permanent head coach at NXT. Sara Del Rey is assistant head coach now.

* Sara Del Rey is still working as a road agent as well.

* He already considers NXT an additional brand. He wants to find what's best suited for NXT. Things that work on the main roster may not work in NXT.

* Triple H wants NXT on the road 3 days a week by 2016. He wants NXT to have a two-tour function eventually. He doesn't want to lose the homegrown fans in Flordia, either.

* Triple H doesn't care if someone has indy experience or not, but having experience helps.

* He doesn't know if NXT will become a cable TV show. He's happy where they are on the WWE Network. Triple H sees NXT as a selling point for the Network, too.

* Hideo Itami will be represented, but will not be wrestling tomorrow night.

* While NXT is a third brand, it's still there to get people ready for the main roster, Triple H says. He says the best problem he can have is Vince calling him in the middle of a hot angle and asking for that star.

* Triple H says that there are several talents in NXT ready for the main roster, but there aren't spots for them, or else they'd be there.

* HHH says WWE developmental is a young man's game. He says it takes a while for them to get talent up to speed.

* Triple H says he likes Ring of Honor and Dragon Gate. He says he's not trying to make NXT a direct competition to them. He wants to make the best roster that he can. He thinks if NXT's business grows, so will RoH's. He said he'd love to help support ROH and grow.

* Triple H says there are talents that said they turned down NXT deals for ROH. He says they haven't spoken to those talents on any level.

* Triple H says he wanted to make NXT an individual brand from day 1, but didn't tell anyone that.

* Triple H thinks Samoa Joe is a phenomenal talent. Says he was at the performance center a month or two ago. He doesn't know if they'll do business. He said they only spoke for about five minutes, and it was mostly pleasantries.

* He says there are plenty of talents that won't make it on the main roster, and gimmicks that won't work on the main roster.

* Vince McMahon doesn't see all of NXT. Triple H shows him bits and pieces.

* HHH doesn't see Cena going anywhere. He thinks it's great that Cena is confident enough to give younger stars a time to shine. Time pushes people to move to different roles.

* Someone asks about Emma. Triple H says it's more than possible for her to get back in the title picture.

* Triple H says Vince McMahon was blown away by the NXT show WrestleMania weekend. Triple H didn't know Vince would be there until last minute. McMahon messaged him and said he'd be there. Triple H said that several WWE executives came and were impressed, and wanted to do more with it.

* Triple H puts over the progress of Sami Zayn working without a mask and Baron Corbin.

* There aren't plans of an all-female NXT show or special, but it could happen.

* Nothing in NXT was by accident. He had a vision for this.

* The majority of the fans dictate what they do.

Don't forget, we'll have live coverage of tomorrow night's NXT Takeover: Unstoppable here on Wrestling Inc.
IYKYK

archie4208

« Reply #2107 on: May 20, 2015, 09:57:58 PM »
SAMOA

JOE

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2108 on: May 20, 2015, 10:00:46 PM »
:heyman
ど助平

Himu

Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread - TNA Impact RIP
« Reply #2109 on: May 20, 2015, 11:24:17 PM »
Impact is done.

http://www.f4wonline.com/component/content/article/110-wrestling-observer-newsletter/42649-may-25-2015-wrestling-observer-newsletter-state-of-tna-nsacs-new-doping-penalties-and-more

I doubt TNA will survive past this year.

I feel bad for the ladies and gentlemen who lost their jobs.

On the other hand, this can only be good for the biz. With TNA dying, their talent is going to run to competitors. Imagine Gail Kim in NXT or ROH. Fuck yeah. Imagine EC3 in NXT, ROH, or NJPW. Fuck yeah.

With this, that boom I talked about is going to sped up even more. It could even function as a catalyst, as WWE, ROH, and NJPW try to beat each other to the leftover worthwhile TNA talent. NJPW is stacked with talent, so I doubt they'll pick up too many TNA alumni. ROH and WWE are the most likely to pick up TNA wrestlers. I especially expect WWE picking up a lot of women TNA wrestlers to help continuing to build their ever growing women's wrestling division on NXT.

Time to see who's going to fight for scraps.

It's an exciting time to be a wrestling fan, ladies and gentlemen. Shame people have to lose their jobs though, but it was always Dixie and TNA's fault. :(
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2110 on: May 21, 2015, 01:35:54 AM »
So I won't get to laugh at Billy Corgan some more  :'(

https://twitter.com/Billy/status/601176043869704192

:tocry He posted that soon before Meltzer's podcast too!
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2111 on: May 21, 2015, 10:46:12 PM »
TNA is denying this.

TNA issued the following statement to Prowrestling.net on Thursday.

It has come to our attention that several internet news sources have falsely attributed statements to TNA, its executives and broadcasting partner. These false statements constitute defamation and if necessary we will seek all legal remedies available to us.

Powell's POV: At least I assume this statement is in response to the cancellation report that Dave Meltzer reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. After all, TNA doesn't mention anything about the cancellation report specifically in this statement. Is this TNA's way of disputing the story without actually saying which story they are disputing?
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2112 on: May 21, 2015, 11:04:38 PM »
TNA denied being cancelled from Spike last year too.
IYKYK

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #2113 on: May 22, 2015, 12:47:45 AM »
Rot in Pieces :punch
Hi

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2114 on: May 22, 2015, 01:43:45 AM »
Damn that sucks. RIP TNA

Mr. Kennedy, please come back to WWE. I guess Angle too.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2115 on: May 22, 2015, 09:21:14 AM »
I see Joe just debuted in NXT. Honestly never expected I'd ever see Joe in the WWE.
nat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2116 on: May 22, 2015, 09:39:24 AM »
From the sound of it, he's barely in WWE. He's still doing indie shows and such.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2117 on: May 22, 2015, 03:47:06 PM »
Becky Lynch is the truth.
nat

HiResDes

« Reply #2118 on: May 22, 2015, 09:54:04 PM »
I gotta say I'm really bummed to see guys like Samoa Joe and NXT's top crop getting shine in the WWE when my favorite TNA wrestler of all time Christopher Daniels never got his fair due in the big leagues.  In my opinion he had the biggest potential to be something special, with mic work rivaling that of legends, and was technical enough in the ring to be a star in Japan.

Himu

« Reply #2119 on: May 22, 2015, 09:57:51 PM »
I DONT KNOW WHO I LIKE MORE: SASHA OR BECKY AUGHHH
IYKYK

dkdk

« Reply #2120 on: May 22, 2015, 09:59:54 PM »
definitely the BOSS

Himu

« Reply #2121 on: May 22, 2015, 10:00:26 PM »
My brain says Becky but my HEART SAYS BOSS
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2122 on: May 22, 2015, 10:07:40 PM »
Sasha's moveset :lawd

I felt like the Becky and Sasha match ended too soon. I feel that way about a lot of NXT women's matches despite their quality. I felt like Becky tapping to the Sasha anti-climatic and that she should have countered. If I had preferences, I'd prefer that Becky counter Sasha with her own grab, and then Sasha counters back, and then Becky uses her finisher WHILE Sasha is still applying her finisher, so they're both doing it to each other at the same time. THEN have Becky tap out. That of course depends entirely on Becky's flexibility though. Personally can't wait to see when a girl counters Sasha's finisher. NXT in general needs more finisher counters, but I feel like that's WWE's thing. It's not like other Feds. In WWE, finishers are usually a death sentence for the match.

I think their match was great. It could have been 4 1/2 stars for me, but it was just 4 stars because:

- the above
- Becky's lack of selling on her arm injury. Holds it in pain one second, uses it to climb into the ring the next second.

In terms of storytelling and technical wrestling though, it was fantastic. They told a really good story. Wonder who Sasha is feuding with next?!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 10:25:25 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2123 on: May 27, 2015, 01:40:20 PM »
ROH coming to Destination America.

https://www.facebook.com/DestinationAmerica/photos/a.240314916069451.39586.199376510163292/642618149172457/?type=1&theater

If what Meltzer says is true (and it is), t's official, ROH just took TNA's spot. The fight for number 2 just got busy!
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2124 on: May 27, 2015, 02:02:28 PM »

TNA :rofl
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2125 on: May 27, 2015, 02:18:52 PM »
Yeaahhh, once September rolls in ROH will be the number 2 in America. It's pretty much sealed once TNA loses their TV deal. Unfortunately, Lucha doesn't get a fraction of the viewers TNA gets. If Univision picks them up, it'll be an actual fight, but by September this thing is sealed.

Wonder if WWE is going to start funding ROH under the door like they wanted to do with ECW.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2126 on: May 27, 2015, 02:22:25 PM »
Wonder if WWE is going to start funding ROH under the door like they wanted to do with ECW.

Why?  They have their third brand with NXT and they've been poaching ROH talent anyway.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2127 on: May 27, 2015, 02:39:54 PM »
ROH has a slight budget feeling. You can see it in the ROH gif I posted above (bright lights in the background and that's at a PPV, sometimes lighting isn't ideal, all that stuff that comes with being indie). Right now, Samoa Joe - as well as Rhyno and The Bryan Kendrick - has a contract that allows them to appear on NXT but also do indie tour dates including ROH. Right now, NXT is openly relying upon indie fed fanbases to feed into their own, and it makes sense. If you're going to get your talent from ROH, and they need a boost in production to help them get more popular, it could possibly make you more popular because it helps appeal to a wider demographic (I know many WWE fans who refuse to watch ROH due to the low budget feel).

Remember:

* Triple H says he likes Ring of Honor and Dragon Gate. He says he's not trying to make NXT a direct competition to them. He wants to make the best roster that he can. He thinks if NXT's business grows, so will RoH's. He said he'd love to help support ROH and grow.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2128 on: May 27, 2015, 02:59:28 PM »

Totally the cerebral assassin with that line.  For real.   :lol 
ど助平

dkdk

« Reply #2129 on: May 27, 2015, 03:03:31 PM »
ROH with a budget would be dope. I try to watch it some but it Im too spoiled on that WWE look.

Himu

« Reply #2130 on: May 27, 2015, 03:55:19 PM »
I prefer it despite its flaws to the WWE look. The WWE look feels so fake to me. I prefer NXT and Lucha look too.

I just don't like all the lights at Raw. It doesn't feel like a wrestling show to me. Like, they have red lights on the crowd and shit. Imo, there are only two options when it comes to the crowd:

1. Obscure the crowd so you don't see them and the focal point is only the wrestling ring (big NJPW shows)

2. Make the crowd plain to see, with no colorful lights (NXT, ROH, Lucha, NJPW)

I hate that look. Looks like a music concert.

I prefer this look. To me, wrestling should feel and look like a place where you can light up a cigarette and no one would bat an eye.

I even think NXT looks better than Raw.

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2131 on: May 27, 2015, 04:03:23 PM »
I prefer it despite its flaws to the WWE look. The WWE look feels so fake to me. I prefer NXT and Lucha look too.

:heyman

But yeah, I like the way NXT looks more than RAW and Smackdown.  It's past time for a ring/lighting overhaul.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2132 on: May 27, 2015, 04:08:38 PM »
How long have they had the current Raw set? I was hoping they'd scale down on the lights at shows when they have to lower the budget, but instead they took away road crew transportation rather than "sacrificing" on the look of the show. :wtf So I very much think WWE actually thinks their bubblegum pop set is ideal. :yeshrug
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2133 on: May 27, 2015, 04:23:44 PM »
I'm surprised that NXT has the cool screens or whatever on the side of the ring but Raw/SD don't get that.

I like the look of Lucha though. Grungy and dingy, beat up looking mat, low lights. Looks very...raw (lol). That being said, I think ROH just looks jank. Like a public access show.

Himu

« Reply #2134 on: May 27, 2015, 04:31:37 PM »
Have you seen ROH tv recently? It looks more in common with Lucha now. Sometimes.

And they put the electronic skirts on Raw sometimes.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2135 on: May 27, 2015, 04:38:03 PM »
It's probably been close to a year since I watched ROH regularly, though I did catch some 2-3 months ago.

Himu

« Reply #2136 on: May 27, 2015, 05:29:20 PM »
Here's from two weeks ago, on ROH tv.

It's still not Lucha Underground quality and still pretty budget, but I still prefer it to Raw. :yeshrug Maybe this move to Destination America will help them get some better sets and production. I think in terms of lighting, this is pretty much perfect, though. Feels dingy, with a nice gray WCW-esque gray overtone. The lighting is definitely there. When they get more money they need to update their set so that it's as stylized as Lucha.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2137 on: May 27, 2015, 05:52:55 PM »
Yeah that's much better than it used to be. You're right. It's extremely reminiscent of WCW in look. I like it!

dkdk

« Reply #2138 on: May 31, 2015, 12:23:48 PM »
yo this lucha underground shit is turnt. i like how they film this like a tv show. i want to watch this shit from the start.

i also like how they let Sexy Star fight dudes.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:37:26 PM by dkdk »

archie4208

« Reply #2139 on: June 01, 2015, 11:19:42 AM »
Cena/Owens was a legit MOTY candidate.

I would suggest watching it.

The rest of Elimination Chamber was meh

archie4208

« Reply #2140 on: June 01, 2015, 11:24:22 AM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
cenaloseslol
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2141 on: June 01, 2015, 02:00:01 PM »
Cena will win at the rematch...

...in two weeks.  Holy shit 'E, three PPVs in six weeks?!   :dizzy

I missed most of the show last night.  Caught some of the Owens/Cena bout and glanced up to see Ryback get the IC belt.  Had the main event on while playing games.  Rollins loses but ends up retaining the title.  Authority :zzz
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2142 on: June 01, 2015, 02:04:16 PM »
Every two weeks seems to be the plan. MITB is in two weeks, and Battlerground is two weeks after that.

Other than the Elimination Chamber match, the rest of this PPV was excellent. Lots of good matches, one bad one (EC), and one just okay one (Divas)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2143 on: June 03, 2015, 11:28:13 AM »
Looks like Samoa Joe got signed to a full WWE contract after his t-shirt sales did much better than expected.
ど助平

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #2144 on: June 11, 2015, 02:20:15 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2145 on: June 11, 2015, 03:01:19 PM »
Time for Cody to ditch the Goldust wannabe-gimmick and become the new American Dream in his memory. 
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2147 on: July 13, 2015, 06:14:07 PM »
Yeah these last few months is HORRIBLE on wrestlers. WTF
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2148 on: July 13, 2015, 06:25:55 PM »
Yeah, just a bad summer overall.  :(

Granted I don't want to pronounce the guy dead before there's confirmation...but missing in Mexico usually doesn't end up well.

Himu

« Reply #2149 on: July 13, 2015, 06:27:09 PM »
:(
IYKYK

Himu

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2151 on: July 13, 2015, 09:11:29 PM »
Holy shit, that divas segment on RAW was...awesome!?   :o

Stephanie McMahon brought out four of the NXT women and they cleaned house.
ど助平

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2152 on: July 16, 2015, 05:27:29 AM »
I'm thinking about getting tickets to the NXT event in Brooklyn next month.
nat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2153 on: July 16, 2015, 08:50:03 PM »
Only NXT tickets left are up in the upper bowl. Anyone ever been to a live show and been in the upper bowl seats? Are they worth it?

Seems they would be on the side opposite the hard camera
nat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2154 on: July 16, 2015, 10:36:16 PM »
shrug. Bought tickets.
nat

Trent Dole

« Reply #2155 on: July 17, 2015, 08:07:10 PM »
Rasslin' shows are fun no matter where you're sitting. I was at the 2003 Royal Rumble up high next to the titantron and it was still good times.
Hi

El Babua

« Reply #2156 on: July 17, 2015, 08:44:26 PM »
So jelly. Would have killed (lol) to see the Angle/Benoit match live.

Been to two Wrestlemanias and Survivor Series. Great times.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #2157 on: July 18, 2015, 05:57:48 AM »
shrug. Bought tickets.

You chose wisely. One of the matches announced is Tyler Breeze versus this guy

spoiler (click to show/hide)

Himu

« Reply #2158 on: July 18, 2015, 09:30:04 AM »
Still can't believe that shit.

We could have a dream match this way. DANIEL BRYAN VS NAKAMURA. EAST VS EAST. KICK VS KICK. STIFF VS STIFF. VEGAN VS STRONG STYLE.
IYKYK

Trent Dole

« Reply #2159 on: July 18, 2015, 01:24:47 PM »
So jelly. Would have killed (lol) to see the Angle/Benoit match live.

Been to two Wrestlemanias and Survivor Series. Great times.
Well I also had to sit through Steiner HHH live. :lol
Hi