Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 942573 times)

Take My Breh Away

Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: When It Reigns, It Bores
« Reply #3361 on: February 09, 2017, 07:58:19 PM »
SD's commentary is horrific. Mauro's corny ass lines and looking like he wants to die when Tom Phillips speaks, Tom being there at all and randomly popping in for forced lines, JBL apparently forgetting how to speak English most of the time and randomly yelling nonsense, and Otunga's terrible delivery of everything. It's really, really bad.

I wish they would use Otunga as a slimy heel manager on TV. His run with Johnny Ace and "People Power" was brilliant when he really got to pull off the slimeball lawyer act and just being smug with Big Johnny (RIP Last "authority" act to actually get real heel heat instead of "Please fuck off" heat) and that act was really sleazy and heat magnet in promos. Even small things like his coffee thermos changing every week was hilarious with how extravagant it started getting. It's a shame he didn't have the ring skills needed cause he was close to "It", even for a guy that was notably smaller height wise for what they were looking for at the time. Bringing him in as a manager for someone who needs it like Apollo Crews (My god that would be a great act. Elite cocky athlete and scuzzy but always right lawyer who starts swinging decisions his way) would be way more beneficial than having Vince yell at him through a headset.

But hey WWE has had awful commentary outside of Graves and Saxton ever since JR left and Vince started yelling at JBL more to stay on script instead of the original JBL commentary run AKA "JBL goes into a rant how 80's All-Japan was the best also SHUT UP COLE".       

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3362 on: February 10, 2017, 12:01:15 AM »
smackdown now is even more like the old glory days of smackdown with this poor commentary. though taz and cole were endearing.

and i'd love a new legends of wrestling series. i've watched them all twice, solid show full of good tales from some of those guys. every show flair was on was a goddamn riot though. his shitting all over extreme wrestling with foley there or naming four horseman (deserved) and evolution (wat) as his favorite factions ever. :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3363 on: February 10, 2017, 09:24:52 AM »
Dat theme tho

:bow :bow2

I actually liked Evolution.  The problem back then was HHH shitting all over everyone else, not the faction.  Another gimmick I really liked that everyone else seems to hate was Hulk Hogan as Mr. America.  It was so tongue-in-cheek and cheesy, in a good way, and fit pro wrasslin' perfectly.   Hogan coming out to Real American and then acting like an even more exaggerated version of himself was great.  "I'm not Hulk Hogan, BROTHER.  But if I was, DUDE, I'd be taking my vitamins, saying my prayers, and kicking your ass, McMahon!"
:idont
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3364 on: February 10, 2017, 09:46:26 AM »
Show lookin great. Awesome stuff.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3365 on: February 10, 2017, 10:58:56 AM »
Show lookin great. Awesome stuff.

He's starting to look like that old European bodybuilder who played Thor in Kung Fury.  :lol
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3366 on: February 10, 2017, 09:10:43 PM »
i liked mr. america as well. the lie detector skit they did was great. :lol

flair picking the horseman and evolution as the best factions just made me laugh cause OF COURSE he ranks two he was in as the greatest of all time. :lol

archie4208

« Reply #3367 on: February 11, 2017, 06:44:39 AM »
Naito vs. Elgin is a fucking great match

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Much better than the Okada/Suzuki snoozefest :zzz
[close]

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #3368 on: February 12, 2017, 04:53:29 PM »
If they give them the time. Harper/Orton might tear the house down, especially since Orton seems motivated as fuck with Wyatt and Harper so far and Randy is amazing when he's in there with someone he really gives a shit about. Potential sleeper, there. Lynch/James and the Chamber match has a good chance at being reasonably good as well. Rest is kinda a wash. :yeshrug

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3369 on: February 12, 2017, 11:05:11 PM »
I'll watch it if I can for the same reason. But based on SmackDown,, the show looks like a complete afterthought. Alexa vs. Naomi is going to be a fucking mess.

The PPV was better than I expected it to be.  I knew Wyatt was going to win and become champ after that dirtsheet rumor list proved true with Orton winning the Rumble, but it was still fun to watch.

...Or at least, what I saw as I glanced over while playing video games.  :doge
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3370 on: February 13, 2017, 09:23:19 AM »
That EC match was hot as hell. Loved it. And inside, there's a piece of me that's still an ultimate mark for Wyatt and I'm glad he has gold. Not that that shit matters, but I'm indulging in this feeling.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3371 on: February 13, 2017, 09:29:10 AM »
if wwe doesn't do something to make the title glow, then they've already messed up with naomi. orton/harper was a solid match. harper is a great big dude and orton definitely seems in to what he's doing nowso the effort is really shining through.

ec match was really excellent. the padding was a bit weird and i halfway expected dean/bray to go right through the plexiglass in their spot of throwing each other into it but i'm glad that didn't happen. overall though, a hot match. corbin looked good beating everyone up before and after his pin, miz played the coward very well as always, and i'm glad wyatt is getting his shine. i love his character and i'm glad he's getting a reward for it.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #3372 on: February 13, 2017, 10:24:43 AM »
Orton/Harper is great. Worth the watch alone for that. Just an all round wild as hell brawl and both looking like absolute stars coming out of it. Chamber match was pretty good as well.

FunSlower

« Reply #3373 on: February 13, 2017, 11:01:36 AM »
The timing of the Chamber match was awesome too. Nothing really dragged, everything was right next to something big. Excellent pace.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3374 on: February 13, 2017, 08:53:22 PM »
What was that Emmalina mess?  :lol
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #3375 on: February 14, 2017, 05:15:56 AM »
"How come my name's on this?"

:'(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3376 on: February 14, 2017, 07:13:02 AM »
I turned off Raw right before the main event.  Missed apparently a pretty good match?  And Bayley won, holy shit.

Re: Emmalina- Apparently they decided to drop the whole gimmick weeks ago but kept it running as a "joke."  I don't get it.  ???
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3377 on: February 14, 2017, 01:15:13 PM »
Fucking DYING when they loaded him in to the amberlamps and there was an ad for an upcoming Bon Jovi show on the arena sign.

:rofl
ど助平

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #3378 on: February 14, 2017, 01:46:50 PM »
How come my name is on this  :tocry

Jericho gonna get a semi main event face run in 2017 over  getting his name put on a list.

Fucking DYING when they loaded him in to the amberlamps and there was an ad for an upcoming Bon Jovi show on the arena sign.

:lol :lol :lol

Still probably the best RAW promo segment since Mark Henry's "Retirement Ceremony"

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3379 on: February 14, 2017, 09:52:30 PM »
corbin's little vato stache is depressing yet hilarious

archie4208

FunSlower

« Reply #3381 on: February 15, 2017, 02:25:46 PM »
I hear Kelly Kelly is coming back. Thoughts?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3382 on: February 15, 2017, 02:51:46 PM »
Don't even remember who that is.

The "stripper" from WWECW who couldn't figure out how to take off her top.  :doge  She was another cookie-cutter blonde fitness model type who couldn't wrestle and spent most of her time in nu-ECW as a dance before becoming a 'wrassler' on Raw and then quit for...reasons.

If WWE wants to bring back 'divas,' please only be the likes of Trish Stratus, Lita (that relationship is over already, lol), Gail Kim, Victoria, etc.  Like Mickie James being back?  Fine.  Just wish she would think about ditching that decade old ring gear already.  She's like the female equivalent to Christian in that regard.  :P
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 03:04:23 PM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3383 on: February 15, 2017, 02:53:53 PM »
Oh and uh, what was that Emmalina thing? They just...didn't?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3384 on: February 15, 2017, 03:05:30 PM »
Oh and uh, what was that Emmalina thing? They just...didn't?

Some rumors about her gimmick being a throwback to Sable and The Kat but nobody could agree on how it worked so they dropped it. Not clear on whether Emma or creative decided it wasn't worth a shot.

Dirt Sheets say:

WWE sources have confirmed that the company has abandoned their plans for the Emmalina gimmick and are turning back to the Emma character.

Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet is reporting that officials decided to nix the idea after producers realized that "after multiple rehearsals, she couldn’t pull off what they were looking to accomplish." He adds that the character was supposed to be a throw-back to the likes of Sable and The Kat but that officials felt that Emma wasn't committing enough to the role.

One official told us that there was some internal debate on going back to the "Emma" name, especially if the character is to be an evil heel (as Emmalina is a better heel name), but that ultimately it was decided to save the name for perhaps another shot in the future.

So...why did they even have her come out?  If they just dropped the vignettes, nobody would have noticed.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3385 on: February 15, 2017, 03:08:04 PM »
Speaking of divers, where are Paige and Eva Marie?  Still suspended?
ど助平

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3386 on: February 15, 2017, 03:21:54 PM »
Paige will be back in some capacity, since there's a biopic about her family coming out that looks like it's going to be a Real Movie. Are either of them still on Total Divas?

FunSlower

« Reply #3387 on: February 15, 2017, 03:24:28 PM »
Paige was injured and had neck surgery late December
As of Feb, Eva Marie is still under contract

FunSlower

« Reply #3388 on: February 15, 2017, 03:59:47 PM »
Eva's planning ahead. She has a bright career in her next 5 years. After that, who knows.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3389 on: February 16, 2017, 12:43:35 PM »
Just call her Dark Emma and bring back the shades and the attire. Team her with Dana again and go to town.
nat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3390 on: February 16, 2017, 01:12:29 PM »
Eva's planning ahead. She has a bright career in her next 5 years. After that, who knows.

Checked her Twitter.  Looks like she's trying to pimp some clothing line?  Then I checked out a video that was linked and it asked me to "Suscribe" at the end.  :doge
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3391 on: February 16, 2017, 04:04:32 PM »
Well. She isn't too bright.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3392 on: February 17, 2017, 06:17:59 AM »
Doesn't eva have some weird talentless bf leech that wwe hates or some shit?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3393 on: February 17, 2017, 08:03:51 AM »
Rusev is the best

FunSlower

« Reply #3394 on: February 17, 2017, 09:14:57 AM »
Doesn't eva have some weird talentless bf leech that wwe hates or some shit?
Yes, he's completely stupid and wholly awful. He's fun to watch.

Total Divas S1 and 2 are A+ shows

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #3395 on: February 19, 2017, 06:40:09 AM »
In the last two days "The Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff and George "The Animal" Steele passed away from cancer :(

Also, apparently Nicole Bass is on life support, but is effectively brain dead after suffering a stroke as well. And Big Van Vader posted on twitter he has been told by his doctors he hasn't got long left either.

Sad week for the business.

archie4208

« Reply #3396 on: February 20, 2017, 02:03:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/833740859006914565

The guy with the Smells Like Teen Spirit knockoff theme gets inducted to the HoF on Kurt Cobain's birthday.  :lawd

FunSlower

« Reply #3397 on: February 20, 2017, 02:06:32 PM »
Vader is working to get a HOF spot. Dude is all about posting shit, having it get picked up by the sheets/reddit/twitter, and then immediately deleting it and pretending like it never happened. About 2 months ago he said both that a second opinion said he was fine, and that DDP Yoga cured him.

He's trying to get the "actor gets award because he has no time left" award without actually doing the hard part of dying.

FunSlower

« Reply #3398 on: February 21, 2017, 09:02:31 AM »
Taker didn't help either. He came out and said he didn't want to do business with DDP, and tried to make him look like shit. Never understood why Taker felt that way of all people.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3399 on: February 21, 2017, 09:19:18 AM »
They didn't do the collapsing ring spot even though they clearly teased it. Fuckers.
nat

FunSlower

« Reply #3400 on: February 21, 2017, 09:41:56 AM »
They didn't do the collapsing ring spot even though they clearly teased it. Fuckers.

Hope they don't do it again for a superplex. Change it up.

Imagine if Roman Reigns did his little jump punch onto the ground and it blew inwards. That'd look amazing.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3401 on: February 22, 2017, 10:36:53 AM »
What is going on on Smackdown?  They have a battle royal to determine the new number one contender since Orton won't fight Bray. Fine.  It's obviously gonna be Orton in the end, but whatever, still got time to fill on TV before Mania.

But then the match ends with Harper and Styles falling to the floor at the same time.  Instead of any kind of resolution...we get Daniel Bryan announcing that they'll decide what to do next week.  THE FUCK?  :lol
ど助平

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3402 on: February 22, 2017, 10:44:13 AM »
It was a dumb botched ending. But at least we're getting more Luke Harper in the mainevent. I really hope he stays over.

Smackdown is so much fucking better than Raw it's embarrassing. Even if the matches aren't the best, the feuds are more interesting and they actually have multiple feuds for the women's division! Crazy!

nat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3403 on: February 22, 2017, 10:52:28 AM »
Wow...so RAW had a shitload of people backstage.  Austin, DX members, and The Rock, who was doing stuff for that Paige movie.  None of them appeared on TV.

After RAW, Rock came out and they started filming a segment of the movie.  At one point, The Rock pulled out his cell phone and called CM PUNK.  :lol  He got his voicemail though.  A referee ended up coming out and doing the 'X' sign to get Rock to stop with the Punk stuff. :rofl

Someone also noted that when they were filming the movie segment (a recreation of Paige vs. AJ Lee), Rock was directing the audience to cheer or boo.  To get huge boos, he told them to boo like they do when they seen Roman Reigns come out.  :lol
ど助平

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3404 on: February 22, 2017, 03:33:06 PM »
i pretty much disagree with most of your wrestling opinions so w/e

nat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3405 on: February 23, 2017, 01:16:47 AM »
Is American Alpha ever going to cut a promo at all ever? I feel like those dudes haven't said more than 10 words and now they are putting them up with the neo-Usos aka Angrier New Day while still not saying a damn word. >:(

Naomi having to give up her title gave me feelings, man. Poor gal.

FunSlower

« Reply #3406 on: February 26, 2017, 06:13:23 PM »
I love the Usos ever since they turned heel. FANTASTIC fit.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3407 on: February 27, 2017, 11:26:43 PM »
Oh shit, Matt and Jeff heading back to WWE?

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #3408 on: February 28, 2017, 01:11:46 AM »
Looks like it! TNA being dumb as fuck anyway. :lol
Hi

archie4208

« Reply #3409 on: February 28, 2017, 09:56:15 AM »
I can't wait to see how Vince waters down the Broken Matt gimmick. 

Matt and Jeff will be jobbing to Roman by the end of the year.  :teehee

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3410 on: February 28, 2017, 11:54:08 AM »
Imagine this.

Broken Hardys vs Day of the New

Vanguard 1 hijacks Francesca 2.

I was thinking more Broken vs. Wyatts.
ど助平

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #3411 on: February 28, 2017, 11:56:57 AM »
Imagine this.

Broken Hardys vs Day of the New

Vanguard 1 hijacks Francesca 2.

I was thinking more Broken vs. Wyatts.

I think the Wyatt's are split for now and they are going with the angle that Orton split them.

New Day Vs Broken Hardys would be immense for how absurd they could get and the sheer charisma as long as creative doesn't mess around with them.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3412 on: February 28, 2017, 03:09:52 PM »
I think the Wyatt's are split for now and they are going with the angle that Orton split them.

I doubt it...Orton is gonna turn on Bray and then Rowan is gonna return and Harper will inevitably rejoin.  I can't see him actually being a full-on face unless they give him a complete gimmick change and shave that hair and beard off.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3413 on: February 28, 2017, 11:01:10 PM »
So they have a number one contenders mini feud go on for just a little while and Orton has already turned on Bray.  That SD ending was hilarious. 
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #3414 on: February 28, 2017, 11:23:07 PM »
That SD ending segment was fucking awesome.

I miss goofy stuff like that.

Also they are setting up AJ getting screwed out of his title match and a match versus Shane at WM.  :fbm

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3415 on: March 01, 2017, 12:37:02 AM »
That Miz and Cena bit was better than the entirety of Raw last night. :lol Also AJ and Harper should just have another match at WM instead of putting Shane in there for no reason.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3416 on: March 01, 2017, 05:30:09 AM »
Man the WWE have great timing with that ending. I really hope TNA doesn't get to touch the Broken gimmick.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #3417 on: March 01, 2017, 06:12:04 AM »
Give Matt Hardy the editors and team that did that Orton Segment last night and let him create magic.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3418 on: March 01, 2017, 07:17:08 AM »
That SD ending segment was fucking awesome.

I miss goofy stuff like that.

Yes, it was pure wrestlecrap...the good kind.  :lol  It was the soundtrack they added that made me start laughing. 
ど助平

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3419 on: March 01, 2017, 11:41:54 AM »
really didn't like the orton/bray segment. it was too goofy and went on too long and bray's reaction was dumb.

edit:
tho i will admit this is pretty baller:
nat