Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 942625 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: When It Reigns, It Bores
« Reply #3780 on: April 25, 2017, 11:06:59 AM »
I can basically ignore WWE outside of YouTube clips until SummerSlam.  :rock

Maybe it's time for me to finally do this.
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3781 on: April 25, 2017, 11:35:51 AM »
If you don't wanna watch WWE it's really easy to give up
If you want to still watch wrestling there's a ton of quality alternatives

archie4208

« Reply #3782 on: April 26, 2017, 05:57:52 AM »
The Ziggler/Nakamura promo was horrific.

Congrats, WWE.  I no longer care about Nakamura.  Guess I'll rewatch his WK match with AJ a million times to ease the pain.  :'(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3783 on: April 26, 2017, 07:28:17 AM »
I turned off SD after that terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE opening promo with Ziggler and Nakamura where Ziggler compared him to Michael Jackson in the creepy freak probably a pedo way instead of great artist way, rambled about The Simpsons, and then Nak spoke overly exaggerated Japanese to WHAT chants.

Congrats, WWE.  I no longer care about Nakamura.  Guess I'll rewatch his WK match with AJ a million times to ease the pain.  :'(

I saw that segment and just went :crazy.  Could not believe what was going on there.  And then Nakamura cuts a tiny promo in Japanese and calls him a jackass.  Uh...?

Meanwhile, Nakamura has yet to wrestle on live TV since being called up.   :doge
ど助平

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #3784 on: April 26, 2017, 08:23:31 AM »
They moved Miz to Raw to do another fued with Ambrozzzzzzzzze and are ruining Nakamura with a heatless Dolph instead.  :doge

FunSlower

« Reply #3785 on: April 26, 2017, 09:18:42 AM »
lmao @ Jinder off into the sunset with the belt while hanging out of the sunroof. LMAO LMAO LMAO

Also Nakamura vs Ibushi is some good-ass chemistry and you won't find many finer matchups

Dolph is a stinking piece and remains to be so

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3786 on: April 27, 2017, 01:17:20 AM »
caught smackdown, it was great other than lolziggler.

also i guess wyatt/orton is now no longer for the belt? which works out since jinder stole that shit anyway. :lol

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #3787 on: April 27, 2017, 01:51:05 AM »
So.. bray just never gets a return match cause he went to Raw ???
Hi

archie4208

« Reply #3788 on: April 27, 2017, 07:11:55 AM »

Why watch that when you could watch Nak vs Ibushi the year before  :lawd Legit ass the best match of a generation. All time classic. Both AJ and Nak had better matches with Okada and Tanahashi in 2014-2015. Not to say AJ/Nak wasn't a blast to watch.

I'll be honest I never saw that match before you suggested it.  Thanks for the heads up because it was amazing. 

FunSlower

« Reply #3789 on: April 27, 2017, 09:08:53 AM »

Payback!

Trent Dole

« Reply #3790 on: April 27, 2017, 02:01:49 PM »
So he might fight Jinder then ??? Eh, whatever.
Hi

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #3791 on: April 27, 2017, 02:14:42 PM »

That's not it at all.

He doesn't get a return match because he's Bray.
yar

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3792 on: April 28, 2017, 01:33:52 PM »
I think they are taking the belt off the match because Bray might win. Yeah I know but if Bray is supposed to fight Finn next he's gonna come in with a little hype, right? :doge

Also...what the fuck at this name :lol :lol :lol

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/brock-lesnar-defending-universal-title-wwe-great-balls-fire-234576

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3793 on: April 28, 2017, 01:52:42 PM »
Balls Mahoney is dead, right? Too bad.
yar

archie4208

« Reply #3794 on: April 28, 2017, 02:18:53 PM »
Goodness gracious.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3795 on: April 29, 2017, 01:06:06 AM »
WWE today announced the name of its other July pay-per-view.

It is called WWE Great Balls of Fire.

Great. Balls. Of. Fire.

Wrestling has had plenty of clumsy and silly names over the years, from December to Dismember to Insurrextion to Taboo Tuesday to In Your House 7: Good Friends, Better Enemies. But this one is so bad it’s good. One: It has the word “balls” in it. Two: It is named after a 1957 Jerry Lee Lewis song. Three: Undoubtedly, the official song of WWE Great Balls of Fire will not be “Great Balls of Fire.”

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3796 on: April 30, 2017, 09:34:01 PM »
Time for the pre-taped sure-to-be-a-classic house of horrors match!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3798 on: April 30, 2017, 09:46:29 PM »
I love how the pretaped shit ended with the house lighting changing from blue...to red.  Like, that was it.  :rofl
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

archie4208

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3801 on: May 01, 2017, 09:56:47 AM »
Roman is the best main event face WWE has had since Bret Hart.

:what
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3802 on: May 01, 2017, 10:21:59 AM »
On the other hand, Roman/Braun was EXCELLENT. Roman is the best main event face WWE has had since Bret Hart. That shit was a masterful performance last night. I genuinely can't believe fans still won't give him his daps.

You know why. I love how Braun is a living metaphor for the childlike rage each 30+ year old Roman hater feels whenever they think about high school.

FunSlower

« Reply #3803 on: May 01, 2017, 10:38:55 AM »
If you don't think Roman is GREAT, you're crazy and letting some petty shit blind you. He's done wonders for Strowman as well.

FunSlower

« Reply #3804 on: May 01, 2017, 10:59:04 AM »
Please, I don't hate him at all nor am I some weirdo Bryan stanley who thought he should have won the rumble that year either. Roman is straight up boring. Boring moveset, boring character, boring matches, boring feuds, boring. Nothing about him stands out other than the fact that he's pushed. Which either has weirdo smarks care enough to boo him or above it all anti-smarks want to cheer him because fuck smarks.

That's EXACTLY what those folks say. He's energetic, he's fun, he's exciting to watch. I mean, diff'rent strokes - I get that. But he's been "very good" tier in my mind for at over a year and a half, easily. And whenever either they're teaming up with old Shield-mates or facing off with each other, it's definitely exciting. He's great. His look is wonderful too.

Him taking so much shit from Strowman isn't hurting Reigns at all, which is good for him. Strowman's the company guy for a while, and I dig it. I expected Strowman to drown but he's adapted and he's awesome.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3805 on: May 01, 2017, 11:10:37 AM »
Roman has only been good when:

-He was protected in the Shield
-Had that one match with Bryan at Fastlane
-Is being beaten to hell by a heel

Other than that he's flopped as a face. Got no charisma, hasn't evolved his moveset at all. He's popular in the same sense that Cena is popular, except to a much lesser degree. He never had the honeymoon period where he was genuinely liked. He went directly from Shield to being jammed down our throats and immediately fell on his face.

nat

FunSlower

« Reply #3806 on: May 01, 2017, 11:32:19 AM »
Roman has only been good when:

-He was protected in the Shield
-Had that one match with Bryan at Fastlane
-Is being beaten to hell by a heel

Other than that he's flopped as a face. Got no charisma, hasn't evolved his moveset at all. He's popular in the same sense that Cena is popular, except to a much lesser degree. He never had the honeymoon period where he was genuinely liked. He went directly from Shield to being jammed down our throats and immediately fell on his face.

this is next level bonkers to me

Don't get me wrong, if you feel that way you feel that way. I'm not gonna be the dude that says "WELL YOU'RE JUST WRONG! GIMMICK POSTER! GIMMICK POSTER! THESE AREN'T EVEN YOUR TRUE FEELINGS YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO MAKE ME ANGRYYYY!"

I just don't think that's right at all. He's getting reactions. Big ones. Strowman and Reigns, Reigns got the biggest reactions of the night, moreso than Bayley, in-ring. It's definitely working. Sure that doesn't say much about Payback's in-ring, but he's definitely getting the reactions. Whether it's hate or love, reactions are money. When someone draws no reaction, that's when they suck on all levels.

Like Carmella. And the deafening silence every time she comes to the ring. I always feel so bad for her. Anyway.

It's fine if you don't like Roman and I was painting with too broad a brush by insisting anyone that still hates him is under 5'3" and a Bryan stan. But man, I just don't see this Awful Roman that you're saying you see, because I hear the crowd reacting, and I watch the matches and enjoy them.

FunSlower

« Reply #3807 on: May 01, 2017, 12:07:14 PM »
Well some of it is context. Stro is also in my opinion a little bit hyperbolic saying Roman's the best face main eventer since Bret, because that would mean he surpassed our almighty lord and savior, John Sina.

FunSlower

« Reply #3808 on: May 01, 2017, 12:39:40 PM »
Batista had some bad times. His heel turn was everything.

Cena's definitely had bad years, maybe even approaching a bad decade. I just don't factor that in. It's kind of like a pound-for-pound assessment. In that case...yeah. Roman's "crappy years" were maybe one whole year, because he was great in the Shield, then he floundered, but he did learn and he is very good now.

FunSlower

« Reply #3809 on: May 01, 2017, 12:56:11 PM »
Honestly, the best case you can make for Cena is that he's been around long enough to have good moments.

Whoa hang on now! Sure, he may have had a Decade of Nothing Special, but it's not like his good moments were peppered here and there in his career. It's loaded up at the end, these past couple years, especially kicking off with his US Title Open Challenge, goddamn that was a good time. It won over the Cena haters too, which is no small feat. He's awesome.

FunSlower

« Reply #3810 on: May 01, 2017, 01:23:30 PM »
There's plenty of people who feel that Cena was, from a marketing perspective, meant to be hated by the internet because they could make money on both types of fan, easily.

(tbh I didn't see many people fall for this trick shirt WWE made)

There's also plenty of people that feel Roman is intentionally booked this way for the hateful reaction, and that there's literally no other way he could be hated more, and they want this. So he's a kayfabe 2.0 heel.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3811 on: May 01, 2017, 02:25:27 PM »
On the other hand, Roman/Braun was EXCELLENT. Roman is the best main event face WWE has had since Bret Hart. That shit was a masterful performance last night. I genuinely can't believe fans still won't give him his daps.

I don't think Roman is as turrible as some people in this thread (I actually think he's quite good! just being misused and asked to be someone he's not) buuuuuuuut...

That statement is fucking ludicrous.
yar

FunSlower

« Reply #3812 on: May 01, 2017, 02:36:34 PM »
wow, listening to Alvarez be a fucking mark ass mark. Crying about Sheamus working too stiff on Daniel Bryan. I mean, shit, sure it didn't help. But Bryan probably had hundreds of concussions previous.

FunSlower

« Reply #3813 on: May 01, 2017, 02:44:16 PM »
Austin/Hart at Mania is still probably the best Aust...hang on

Austin/Hart

Shit maybe he is the best.

A lot of Hart talk over the years has cemented that Bret really truly is the better Hart compared to Owen.

Trent Dole

« Reply #3814 on: May 01, 2017, 02:51:53 PM »
Guys, Bryan is fucking dead cause of Bryan. I'd argue he may have never entirely adapted to WWE style/schedule and worked too damn hard. When he last came back they paired him with Kane to feud, much to the outrage of many a smarky smark, but that was cause Kane is one of the safest workers they have, and D Bry still did lots of self smashy shit and had to stop anyway. Hell, I love Daniel, he was one of the best wrestlers to come along in year and even got the mic/persona shit down big time, but he's dead cause he killed himself.
Hi

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3815 on: May 01, 2017, 02:53:25 PM »
It's hard to think about someone being on the same level as far as in-ring competence with Bret Hart, tbh.

I'll say this about Roman: he's exceedingly competent and (to my knowledge) doesn't haven't a propensity for injuring people, like some of his former shield running buddies. His offense is believable and he sells really well.

I only really have two issues with Roman: he's booked like Cena, which is lazy, and the Superman Punch is the dumbest fucking thing in the world. Like, People's Elbow level of dumb. It's the wind-up. I fucking hate it so goddamn much.
yar

Trent Dole

« Reply #3816 on: May 01, 2017, 02:56:19 PM »
His match with Taker was such fucking trash. Just his dumbass punch and shoulder tackle over and over and over. Granted Taker is literally the walking dead and can't do anything any more, but that was a really really bad match.
Hi

FunSlower

« Reply #3817 on: May 01, 2017, 04:19:19 PM »
Guys, Bryan is fucking dead cause of Bryan. I'd argue he may have never entirely adapted to WWE style/schedule and worked too damn hard. When he last came back they paired him with Kane to feud, much to the outrage of many a smarky smark, but that was cause Kane is one of the safest workers they have, and D Bry still did lots of self smashy shit and had to stop anyway. Hell, I love Daniel, he was one of the best wrestlers to come along in year and even got the mic/persona shit down big time, but he's dead cause he killed himself.

While all this is true, if anything, the WWE years were his quietest, calmest, safest years. It's just a shame he ran so hard beforehand.

And after WWE his dumb ass is gonna do it again...

FunSlower

« Reply #3818 on: May 01, 2017, 04:46:54 PM »
You know that if Shibata can wrestle again, he and Bryan will have a match. And most likely, they'll at least tease a headbutt spot because you can always count on a pro wrestler to tempt fate.

Just tease? They're gonna put Piper's Pit and Snuka to shame.

Trent Dole

« Reply #3819 on: May 01, 2017, 07:36:53 PM »
Since he's starting a family I hope Bryan won't be that stupid but you never know.
Hi

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3820 on: May 01, 2017, 07:50:52 PM »
i liked roman and braun quite a lot. :trumps the rest of the show :lol

FunSlower

« Reply #3821 on: May 02, 2017, 09:22:55 AM »
Jumbo is probably the greatest talent that I've spent time watching. Without a doubt. Sure, there's a lot of classic wrestlers I just haven't seen enough of, but I've spent time watching Jumbo wrestle, and he is truly THE SHIT. Almost every feud he had was a white hot feud. If you've never really watched Jumbo (and goddamn that lariato) click that link and spend some time, you won't regret it. He's fucking incredible!

FunSlower

« Reply #3822 on: May 08, 2017, 11:35:39 AM »
For some reason I thought you had seen Okada/Shibata already. Okada's definitely overlooked in the aftermath, no doubt. But he also didn't lose feeling in his right side and require surgery, so there you go.

Omega/Okada has a RIDICULOUSLY high bar to surpass and I believe they will. I really do. It'll be huge.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3823 on: May 08, 2017, 09:16:52 PM »
Strowman is legit injured and will soon be gone from TV for 1-2 months.

Who else do they have for top heel now?  Joe? 
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3824 on: May 08, 2017, 11:00:19 PM »
wait wtf? what happened to braun? :maf

Trent Dole

« Reply #3825 on: May 09, 2017, 01:44:51 AM »
RIP Braun
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3826 on: May 09, 2017, 07:22:58 AM »
wait wtf? what happened to braun? :maf

He needs some kind of elbow surgery.  Guess that's why they had him have a match one-handed on Raw?  I didn't bother watching since it was taped.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3827 on: May 09, 2017, 09:45:18 AM »
A one handed match? :lol Vince please.

Guess that means SD is pretaped too? I don't mind the shows in the UK but every year they have to make the same jokes about tea and the Queen and put on fake accents and it's awful.

FunSlower

« Reply #3828 on: May 09, 2017, 10:07:18 AM »
yeah Braun has needed surgery for some time.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3829 on: May 09, 2017, 10:38:53 AM »
A one handed match? :lol Vince please.

Guess that means SD is pretaped too? I don't mind the shows in the UK but every year they have to make the same jokes about tea and the Queen and put on fake accents and it's awful.

Looks like SD will be taped, too.  Another skippable show...unless you want to watch THE USOS CONFRONT THE FASHION POLICE!  :doge
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3830 on: May 09, 2017, 11:14:10 AM »
Good on Breeze and Fandangler for getting a better spot over on SD, though, for real.

And I still like the Usos a lot. So it's not bad!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3831 on: May 09, 2017, 02:26:53 PM »
Newsos are good. And that bizarre Fashion Police skit last week was actually entertaining, so I'm down.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3832 on: May 15, 2017, 11:05:07 AM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #3835 on: May 15, 2017, 07:54:44 PM »
Vince will probably feed Balor and Seth to Brock at Great Balls of Fire and Summerslam, then have Strowman/Brock at Survivor Series.  Then a multi man match at the Rumble and Roman/Brock at WM34.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3836 on: May 16, 2017, 07:24:01 AM »
Hmmm...
-- According to f4wonline.com, while Braun Strowman did undergo elbow surgery, WWE's claim that he will be out "up to six months" is a work.

-- With that said, it's likely that Strowman's elbow also isn't "shattered" as WWE claims and with the wording that he would be out "up to" six months, the original timetable of 1-2 months is probably still accurate. Either way, he is out for "Extreme Rules" in June and very likely, "Great Balls of Fire" in July.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3837 on: May 16, 2017, 10:01:13 AM »
So did anything good happen on Raw?  I start watching but shut it off after Angle set up the five-way at the next PPV.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3838 on: May 16, 2017, 10:03:25 AM »
I flipped it on for a quick minute and saw Goldust beating up R Truth while the crowd chanted "Thank you Goldust" and then turned it off. Supposedly Roman pinned Balor too? I dunno. Happy to be sticking with SD  :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3839 on: May 16, 2017, 01:13:57 PM »
I flipped it on for a quick minute and saw Goldust beating up R Truth while the crowd chanted "Thank you Goldust"

:rofl
ど助平