Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1858696 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #27120 on: August 13, 2022, 08:52:21 AM »
Because the users want to witch hunt, demand answers, insinuate conspiracy theories for whats often an honest mistake. And tbh, being forthcoming is sometimes not worth it because when a mod comes in with a rare ‘my bad’ the users usually attack them? On some ‘we deserve answers, you guys are systemically terrible and suck’ when it might have been a motherfucker making a call 2am after working hard at their real job instead of this volunteer one?

Even this post is weird because I stepped in, saw homie got banned, stepped back in hours later and he was unbanned and everyone is still flipping out hours later - they owed them an apology but I don’t get this ‘the mods need to get on their knees and apologize for their sins to the community’ entitlement. And we don’t have to even get into the bad actors that whoo ride whenever the mods fuck up.

I get pointing out systemic issues in moderation; no one is immune to bias. But man, here it’s usually a ‘gotcha!’ moment where the glee is to shit on all the moderation in general.

There's always bootlickers stepping in who then demand that everyone quickly forget about the incident. On a forum that tries to be so socially aware you'd think they'd realize that the problem is that the mods still didn't really admit any fault (after they originally tripled down) and only begrudgingly unbanned that person. There's zero indication that their ridiculous approach to moderation is going to change. Any reasonable person would think about how many other shit bans there have been where people didn't notice and besieged the mods for answers.

Maybe the mods should introduce some clear cut rules that shouldn't be broken instead of relying on "implications" and identity politics.

Polident Hive

« Reply #27121 on: August 13, 2022, 09:01:03 AM »
who moderates the moderators

:snob

Propagandhim

« Reply #27122 on: August 13, 2022, 09:08:18 AM »

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #27124 on: August 13, 2022, 09:15:47 AM »

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #27125 on: August 13, 2022, 09:35:49 AM »
I wonder if that is going to be in exchange for Deepwater.  :kermit
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #27126 on: August 13, 2022, 09:38:57 AM »
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #27127 on: August 13, 2022, 09:45:30 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/massive-ads-on-resetera-every-page.619092/#post-91498725

:cop User banned (3 days): inflammatory and inaccurate accusations
Quote from: B.K.
Ad blockers are your friend. MOBA Network doesn't deserve any ad revenue for you. God only knows how much they got from selling every user's personal information.

:dead
OBE

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #27128 on: August 13, 2022, 09:58:01 AM »
HECHT ALERT

Quote from: Even Bigger Dumbass
Ok look.

What is the common thread between the examples Acetown listed:

Charlie Hebdo
Jyllandsposten
Asia Bibi case
Samuel Paty

If they want to appeal to discuss what they MEANT, then fine, we can talk about it.

Tbh what wasn’t taken into account was the “this shouldn’t be shocking” line, which is borderline victim blaming and/or inherent disregard for Islam.

Let’s get back on topic.
Quote from: PoodleStrike, with tail between legs
Part of the problem is that there are posters, and moderators have seen them in various threads, who use events like these to dogwhistle bigotry. They hide their bigotry in the outrage. Mods see it all the time, it's far too common and everyone has been on the look out for it as a result. ... Thanks to those Muslim members of Era who reached out and prompted the re-examination.
Quote from: NepNep
Acetown was reported by other members who felt their post was Islamophobic. Staff looked at it and agreed with their read. But in light of comments from Muslim members, the ban has been lifted. Thus, the matter is settled.

Return to the topic of Rushdie's attack, or it can be locked for derailment.
Talk shit, get hit. Applies to both the bigot Rushdie and the bigot poster who tried to claim fatwas are incompatible with free speech.

Not sure why we're listening to traitors who claim to be Muslims saying that Islamophobia shouldn't be banned. Unless the staff of ResetERA.com are going to start being proactive and taking out bigots from the real world rather than simply banning them. If they aren't I understand why MuslimERA doesn't feel safe on the forum anymore and wouldn't be surprised if they leave in droves if people can say bigoted things about Islam, then victim blame Islam for the logical, rational and natural reaction to such hate speech.

benjipwns

« Reply #27129 on: August 13, 2022, 10:04:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thq-nordic-showcase-goes-live-in-10-minutes-14-games-to-be-showcased.618993/page-3#post-91488402
Are we just ignoring that THQ Nordic are just a bunch of 4/8chan fanboys now?
Yep, all 12,750 employees of the Embracer Group are. They actually literally fire you if you don't spend all day on 8chan, you're not even safe if you protest that 8chan ceased in 2019.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #27130 on: August 13, 2022, 10:05:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/salman-rushdie-attacked-at-a-lecture-in-new-york.618873/page-8#post-91511727

Quote from: RedRush94
Disclaimer: I have been a registered user on this site for several years now and while I truly believe that this site is better than most when handling social issues with the respect that such important topics deserve, I feel that members of the moderation team have been allowed to be abusive for far too long. Thus why I created this sockpuppet account for the purpose of posting this.

Over the years, I have witnessed several actions of questionable judgement by the moderation team. While I respect them for trying to keep this space free of bigotry and hate groups, several members of the moderation team seem to relish in acting cruel and snide to users in an incredibly disproportionate way. These same moderators, when acting badly (an occurrence which has been getting worse lately), are not reprimanded or held responsible for their behavior. Instead the administration of this site coddles them, refuses to acknowledge any wrong doing on their part, and refuses to allow the community any sense of transparency.

This behavior, along with the sexual harrassment/inappropriate behavior that I experienced at the hands of one of the moderators (my concerns and complaints of which were simply brushed by) and the gaslighting that I suffered because of it, makes me genuinely sad about the state of one of the most inclusive spaces in gaming.

I fully expect this account to get nuked and banned for posting this, hence why the creation of a sockpuppet account was necessary.

Post has been erased. I don't think that seems like the action of an innocent moderation team. :trumps
OBE

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #27131 on: August 13, 2022, 10:13:26 AM »
Because the users want to witch hunt, demand answers, insinuate conspiracy theories for whats often an honest mistake. And tbh, being forthcoming is sometimes not worth it because when a mod comes in with a rare ‘my bad’ the users usually attack them? On some ‘we deserve answers, you guys are systemically terrible and suck’ when it might have been a motherfucker making a call 2am after working hard at their real job instead of this volunteer one?

Even this post is weird because I stepped in, saw homie got banned, stepped back in hours later and he was unbanned and everyone is still flipping out hours later - they owed them an apology but I don’t get this ‘the mods need to get on their knees and apologize for their sins to the community’ entitlement. And we don’t have to even get into the bad actors that whoo ride whenever the mods fuck up.

I get pointing out systemic issues in moderation; no one is immune to bias. But man, here it’s usually a ‘gotcha!’ moment where the glee is to shit on all the moderation in general.

There's always bootlickers stepping in who then demand that everyone quickly forget about the incident. On a forum that tries to be so socially aware you'd think they'd realize that the problem is that the mods still didn't really admit any fault (after they originally tripled down) and only begrudgingly unbanned that person. There's zero indication that their ridiculous approach to moderation is going to change. Any reasonable person would think about how many other shit bans there have been where people didn't notice and besieged the mods for answers.

Maybe the mods should introduce some clear cut rules that shouldn't be broken instead of relying on "implications" and identity politics.

yeah, its pretty :pika that mod fuck ups frequently get a begrudging u-turn with no acknowledgement of that fuck up and an insinuated "we'll change this, but fuck you anyway" followed by a

means theres a backlog if shit thats never been satisfactorily addressed

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #27132 on: August 13, 2022, 10:14:22 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ghost-of-tsushimas-director-chad-stahelski-wants-to-make-the-film-with-an-all-japanese-cast-and-in-japanese-language.618966/page-2#post-91484658

Even Black Panther with its largely black cast and crew was mostly in English.

:derp

fucking cowards not making it subbed with the original wakandan dialogue

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #27133 on: August 13, 2022, 10:15:58 AM »
So this thread is about a group of people who hold certain beliefs and about a certain member of this group acting out on those beliefs and viciously striking down someone because he wrote something that could me interpreted as hurtful.
I'm trying to make sense of what you're saying. Are you talking about Muslims on Resetera? If so, that's quite a bigoted take.

How is that the takeaway  :lol

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #27134 on: August 13, 2022, 10:26:27 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/salman-rushdie-attacked-at-a-lecture-in-new-york.618873/page-8#post-91511727

Disclaimer: I have been a registered user on this site for several years now and while I truly believe that this site is better than most when handling social issues with the respect that such important topics deserve, I feel that members of the moderation team have been allowed to be abusive for far too long. Thus why I created this sockpuppet account for the purpose of posting this.

Over the years, I have witnessed several actions of questionable judgement by the moderation team. While I respect them for trying to keep this space free of bigotry and hate groups, several members of the moderation team seem to relish in acting cruel and snide to users in an incredibly disproportionate way. These same moderators, when acting badly (an occurrence which has been getting worse lately), are not reprimanded or held responsible for their behavior. Instead the administration of this site coddles them, refuses to acknowledge any wrong doing on their part, and refuses to allow the community any sense of transparency.

This behavior, along with the sexual harrassment/inappropriate behavior that I experienced at the hands of one of the moderators (my concerns and complaints of which were simply brushed by) and the gaslighting that I suffered because of it, makes me genuinely sad about the state of one of the most inclusive spaces in gaming.

I fully expect this account to get nuked and banned for posting this, hence why the creation of a sockpuppet account was necessary.

Post has been erased. I don't think that seems like the action of an innocent moderation team. :trumps

Still quoted on that page :rollsafe Sloppy work :teehee
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #27135 on: August 13, 2022, 10:31:23 AM »

Privileged forum cops like Nepenthe, Royalan (who is fat) and Poodlestrike fight to uphold The Thin Purple Line above all else. Complaints go ignored, victim statements disappear, anyone who questions becomes a target, legitimate criticism becomes a "witchhunt" against "victimized" law enforcement members, arrest first ask questions never blame the community always becomes the standard, etc. Not even murder would probably get them to seek justice against another forum cop, who would want to live in a society where a forum cop could be punished because some random chaos happened? Don't those hateful critics realize how much the forum cops sacrifice for the community and the world as a whole?

Boredfrom

« Reply #27136 on: August 13, 2022, 10:32:51 AM »
QUICK RUSTY NAILS! MAKE A TWITTER DRAMA THREAD ABOUT ISLAMOPHOBIA!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/netflix-purple-hearts-movie-about-a-musician-in-debt-who-marries-a-racist-piece-of-shit-for-insurance-faces-backlash-director-responds.619224/

Maybe the director deserves to be stabbed in her eye and throat…

Quote from: RustyNails
I have not seen the movie but...

:awesome

Propagandhim

« Reply #27137 on: August 13, 2022, 10:36:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/netflix-purple-hearts-movie-about-a-musician-in-debt-who-marries-a-racist-piece-of-shit-for-insurance-faces-backlash-director-responds.619224/

:sabu

"Faces backlash" a now meaningless phrase because every single thing on earth faces backlash in some form or the other on the internet.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #27138 on: August 13, 2022, 10:36:46 AM »
HECHT ALERT

Quote from: Even Bigger Dumbass
Ok look.

What is the common thread between the examples Acetown listed:

Charlie Hebdo
Jyllandsposten
Asia Bibi case
Samuel Paty

If they want to appeal to discuss what they MEANT, then fine, we can talk about it.

Tbh what wasn’t taken into account was the “this shouldn’t be shocking” line, which is borderline victim blaming and/or inherent disregard for Islam.

Let’s get back on topic.

Always circle the wagons.

Always.

EDIT: And HOW is "this shouldn't be shocking" victim blaming? The VICTIM is Rushdie, NOT Islam.

I still want Hecht to clarify this post. Dude really thought he had an amazing smoking gun there

Boredfrom

« Reply #27139 on: August 13, 2022, 10:39:48 AM »
Call me crazy, but Islamophobia in the western world is not going to get cured by defending fatwas or bitching about “love cures racism” films.

Boredfrom

« Reply #27140 on: August 13, 2022, 10:46:52 AM »
This really, really comes close to victim blaming.

You do realize The Satanic Verses is a fictional novel, right? And that some of what you’re taking issue with are the dreams of fictional characters within the fictional narrative? It’s like trying to imprison the writers of Infinity War because Thanos killed a lot of people.

I was responding to the reason why Khomeini put the bounty on Rushdie's head, not at all what I'm endorsing or advocating. Can we discuss this topic without trying to play Gotcha games?

Your clarification was basically:  :no1curr

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #27141 on: August 13, 2022, 10:54:53 AM »
Can we discuss this topic without trying to play Gotcha games?

:spiders

BIONIC

« Reply #27142 on: August 13, 2022, 10:57:23 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/concept-art-for-odin-from-gow-ragnarok.619230/

Quote from: kowalski, post: 91519446, member: 15116
Dusk golem just post it on reddit.

(Image removed from quote.)
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/wndq4y/heres_what_odin_from_god_of_war_ragnarok_looks/[/URL]

Quote from: dpanim, post: 91519602, member: 11375
Did this dude not just say he was quitting leaking *for real* this time?

Quote from: Dusk Golem, post: 91519608, member: 1683
I mean, he's handsome. Younger looking than I thought.

Anyone worried about further spoilers from me, don't be, I don't want people avoiding landmines of spoilers for months either. Odin concept art is the one and only thing I'm posting, I know not all will be happy with that, I know many will attack my character for this and that. But this is all that'll come from me. I know some will dislike I shared this at all, and that's fair, but if worried of bigger leaks or spoilers or the like, you don't have to worry at least from me. That I want to guarantee as the last thing I want is to raise people's anxieties about any spoilers bigger than a characters appearance.

:ego :derp :ego
Margs

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #27143 on: August 13, 2022, 10:59:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thq-nordic-showcase-goes-live-in-10-minutes-14-games-to-be-showcased.618993/page-3#post-91488402
Are we just ignoring that THQ Nordic are just a bunch of 4/8chan fanboys now?
Yep, all 12,750 employees of the Embracer Group are. They actually literally fire you if you don't spend all day on 8chan, you're not even safe if you protest that 8chan ceased in 2019.

Nintex's brother enforces the policy :elon
(ice)

benjipwns

« Reply #27145 on: August 13, 2022, 11:02:21 AM »
I was responding to the reason why Khomeini put the bounty on Rushdie's head, not at all what I'm endorsing or advocating. Can we discuss this topic without trying to play Gotcha games?
What's to even discuss about the topic unless people want to claim that Rushdie deserved it? Or argue that freedom of speech stops at blasphemy as defined by believers?

edit: Clear to me is that many of the objections being made, including by the staff members, were that people were accurately saying that members of Islam killing people for blasphemy is a problem.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 11:23:35 AM by benjipwns »

Propagandhim

« Reply #27146 on: August 13, 2022, 11:03:12 AM »
The centrism is that the woman is written into a role that tolerates an intolerant guy in a relationship, and that the show explores this concept with some nuance, is unacceptably centrist. 

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #27147 on: August 13, 2022, 11:13:36 AM »

"I hope that people understand that in order for characters to grow, they need to be flawed in the beginning. So we very much intentionally created two characters that had been bred to hate each other," she tells Variety. "They are flawed at the beginning and that was intentional. In order for the red heart and the blue heart to kind of turn purple, you have to have them be kind of extreme. Some of the people that they're surrounded with are even more flawed than they are. They both have been neglected by the system; he's hurt in a war that doesn't seem to be ending and she's slipping through the cracks of the healthcare system. So they're both neglected by the system, and then they live under one roof, and in these extreme circumstances, they learn to become more moderate and to listen to each other and to love."

Ah, I understand now what the mistake was. The director falsely assumed people had a concept of how story telling works.

Boredfrom

« Reply #27148 on: August 13, 2022, 11:15:23 AM »
MODERATES!!!!!!!  :shaking :shaking :shaking :shaking

BIONIC

« Reply #27149 on: August 13, 2022, 11:21:22 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/leaked-concept-art-for-odin-from-gow-ragnarok.619230/#post-91521393

Quote from: Dusk Golem, post: 91520829, member: 1683
To give a very genuine response, though not an excuse, the main reason isn't even for attention or clout in this case. It's mainly just to shut some people up. It's my own fault, I know, but it's mainly to validate something publicly so I can stop getting harassed by something affecting me a bit more than it probably should. I involve myself in a lot of things, but something that's followed me to a lot of corners of the internet are people wanting to make sure I know they think I'm a liar, they think I'm bullshitting them, to not believe anything I say even if completely unrelated to leaks (I compartmentalize a lot, so the crossover bothers me), it follows me a lot online and sometimes borders into weekly harassments of people who want to get one in on the "liar and deceiver". If the basis of that is believing I made shit up, I was getting a lot of GoW Ragnarok stuff recently, that's a highly anticipated game, I can release just some super small thing that can be validated later and be done with it. Raise more questionable doubt, and hopefully what I shared won't be too much trouble for the developers if its just a character design. The hope is it's the least hurtful things for the devs of one of the currently most anticipated games I can share to just get this out, and fold out. That is a selfish reason still though, and I know that. My hope is just to point this out so some of the harassment I get will stop.

Many can and should argue that doesn't justify it, but that's the reason, and why I'm one and done here. I kinda' expect a lot of hate for this answer, I don't know if I'm conveying myself well here, but it's the honest reason from my POV.

Quote from: Dusk Golem, post: 91521393, member: 1683
There's a few masks I've answered with because being genuine does open up vulnerability, it's easier to act in a way people expect of you, and overwhelming anyone who leaks things is just kinda' treated like they should accept a one glove fits all reasoning. It's also related that my feelings on this have shifted a lot over time. The reason I initially shared stuff was because I knew some stuff, and I'm a blabbermouth that likes posting in the community. But then that leads to some attention, which leads to some clout. But the hate overwhelms the clout pretty quickly, especially if have a past as prickly as mine. I'm aware there's some hypocrisy on my part, and some of it is a little of column A, a little of column B, but in this specific case with this specific leak, that was the overwhelming leading reason for this specific leak. And me trying to also feel out what feels right here. Though my conclusion I'm coming to is it doesn't feel right, and I do regret it a bit already.

Anyways, I won't fill this thread with a sob story any more than I have. Just someone asked and seemed genuine, so answered genuinely. I'll leave it at that.

“Someone hurt my fee fees so I have to leak things  :walkaway

:confused
Margs

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #27150 on: August 13, 2022, 11:40:44 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/leaked-concept-art-for-odin-from-gow-ragnarok.619230/#post-91521393

Quote from: Dusk Golem, post: 91520829, member: 1683
To give a very genuine response, though not an excuse, the main reason isn't even for attention or clout in this case. It's mainly just to shut some people up. It's my own fault, I know, but it's mainly to validate something publicly so I can stop getting harassed by something affecting me a bit more than it probably should. I involve myself in a lot of things, but something that's followed me to a lot of corners of the internet are people wanting to make sure I know they think I'm a liar, they think I'm bullshitting them, to not believe anything I say even if completely unrelated to leaks (I compartmentalize a lot, so the crossover bothers me), it follows me a lot online and sometimes borders into weekly harassments of people who want to get one in on the "liar and deceiver". If the basis of that is believing I made shit up, I was getting a lot of GoW Ragnarok stuff recently, that's a highly anticipated game, I can release just some super small thing that can be validated later and be done with it. Raise more questionable doubt, and hopefully what I shared won't be too much trouble for the developers if its just a character design. The hope is it's the least hurtful things for the devs of one of the currently most anticipated games I can share to just get this out, and fold out. That is a selfish reason still though, and I know that. My hope is just to point this out so some of the harassment I get will stop.

Many can and should argue that doesn't justify it, but that's the reason, and why I'm one and done here. I kinda' expect a lot of hate for this answer, I don't know if I'm conveying myself well here, but it's the honest reason from my POV.

Quote from: Dusk Golem, post: 91521393, member: 1683
There's a few masks I've answered with because being genuine does open up vulnerability, it's easier to act in a way people expect of you, and overwhelming anyone who leaks things is just kinda' treated like they should accept a one glove fits all reasoning. It's also related that my feelings on this have shifted a lot over time. The reason I initially shared stuff was because I knew some stuff, and I'm a blabbermouth that likes posting in the community. But then that leads to some attention, which leads to some clout. But the hate overwhelms the clout pretty quickly, especially if have a past as prickly as mine. I'm aware there's some hypocrisy on my part, and some of it is a little of column A, a little of column B, but in this specific case with this specific leak, that was the overwhelming leading reason for this specific leak. And me trying to also feel out what feels right here. Though my conclusion I'm coming to is it doesn't feel right, and I do regret it a bit already.

Anyways, I won't fill this thread with a sob story any more than I have. Just someone asked and seemed genuine, so answered genuinely. I'll leave it at that.

“Someone hurt my fee fees so I have to leak things  :walkaway

:confused

It must be devastating to be called a liar, having your work leaked completely unceremoniously doesn't even compare. I'm sure the devs understand.

It seems like

Leak stuff that is right = harassment
Leak stuff that is right but not shown within 24 hours = harassment
Don't leak stuff = harassment
Leak many things that are real but get 1 wrong = harassment

We truly don't value leakers enough  :cry

Snoopycat_

« Reply #27151 on: August 13, 2022, 12:15:05 PM »
The best way to deal with this kind of threat is to ignore it and arrest more cartel members. They are not the law. Assholes.

The best way to beat the Cartels is to ignore them and they’ll like you know just stop doing crime n shit

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cartel-violence-erupts-in-tijuana-mexico.619191/#post-91516158

ShutUp

« Reply #27152 on: August 13, 2022, 12:18:17 PM »

"I hope that people understand that in order for characters to grow, they need to be flawed in the beginning. So we very much intentionally created two characters that had been bred to hate each other," she tells Variety. "They are flawed at the beginning and that was intentional. In order for the red heart and the blue heart to kind of turn purple, you have to have them be kind of extreme. Some of the people that they're surrounded with are even more flawed than they are. They both have been neglected by the system; he's hurt in a war that doesn't seem to be ending and she's slipping through the cracks of the healthcare system. So they're both neglected by the system, and then they live under one roof, and in these extreme circumstances, they learn to become more moderate and to listen to each other and to love."

Ah, I understand now what the mistake was. The director falsely assumed people had a concept of how story telling works.

So the guy character in the movie was probably raised to hate anyone not white but actually works on that mentality as the movie progresses. Yeah, I can see why the Era types can’t fathom how that could be possible.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #27153 on: August 13, 2022, 12:20:10 PM »

Film about angry extremists stopping being angry extremist incels, step outside their bubble, listen to each other, moderate their prejudices and find happiness.

A bunch of unhappy angry incel extremists hate this premise.

:pika

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27154 on: August 13, 2022, 12:21:02 PM »
Dusk Golem was here
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #27155 on: August 13, 2022, 12:24:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cartel-violence-erupts-in-tijuana-mexico.619191/

Based on recent moderator rulings, please make sure you point out that crime happens in other countries too, TYIA.

ShutUp

« Reply #27156 on: August 13, 2022, 12:25:01 PM »
The best way to deal with this kind of threat is to ignore it and arrest more cartel members. They are not the law. Assholes.

The best way to beat the Cartels is to ignore them and they’ll like you know just stop doing crime n shit

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cartel-violence-erupts-in-tijuana-mexico.619191/#post-91516158

Era condoning arresting criminals? No ACAB talk in sight?  :yikes
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 12:49:53 PM by ShutUp »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #27157 on: August 13, 2022, 12:30:24 PM »
Rowling seems to be trying to jump into the Salman Rushdie thing

bandwagon jumping bitch, being all "look, I got a death threat"

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #27158 on: August 13, 2022, 12:45:14 PM »

Not too long ago Resetera was pretty happy when some Christian nutjob was burning Harry Potter books

https://www.resetera.com/threads/controversial-right-wing-pastor-greg-locke-organizing-a-massive-book-burning.546995/post-81323873

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #27159 on: August 13, 2022, 12:45:49 PM »

I hope he pulls through. He is probably the biggest defender and proponent of free speech in the world.

:yikes :yikes :yikes
Oi Oi

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #27160 on: August 13, 2022, 12:47:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/salman-rushdie-attacked-at-a-lecture-in-new-york.618873/page-8#post-91510683

Quote from: SindbadtheSailor
Quote from: Dice
Mods do an okay enough job (esp. for the pro bono work they do moderating this giant place), and aren't some perfect monolith that will do an arbitrarily perfect job of assessing each situation against a flurry of both agreeing or dissenting opinions.

Well this just comes across as hilarious tone deaf and out of touch, if not outright apologetic. And I hate the "well, they do it for free so don't critique them" mentality. It's a terrible cop out.

People say a lot of stuff here, and some of the topics are complicated and controversial. Try to work with the mod team and posters here, and less...

lol work with what exactly? The modding here is incredibly opaque. There's a token appeal system that no one actually responds to. And when mistakes are made or folks have issues, it's a "move on or we'll shut down the thread to stop people from talking about it".

Frankly, there kind of hilarious parallels to the American policing system that are blatant and deserves to be called out for what they are - a binary zero tolerance approach with an apparent lack of interest in understanding the community it moderates and so instead resorts to heavy handed tactics to achieve the "peace".

Working social media before you'd get accused of stuff you never even had cross your mind because you used a couple "wrong" words or have a different perspective.

I mean, you say that but that's literally the issue people have with all this. None of that is actually taken into account here by the mods. If it was, then I'd think we'd see a lot more actual engagement, especially in situations like this one - "hey, your post comes across as problematic for the following reasons. Is that what you actually meant or is the wording just a bit off?" Which, instead causing of a multipage thread derailment like you see here, would likely just result in a simple back and forth that could have helped shed some light on the matter. But that would require some, you know, effort.
OBE

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27161 on: August 13, 2022, 12:50:56 PM »
These modern day nervous soy leakers got nothing on the bois from the days of the Nintendo Revolution and Wii.

We would leak and then brag about it and pin a medal on our chest like we had won another great battle.
And unlike all these clowns they never caught any of us  8)
🤴

ShutUp

« Reply #27162 on: August 13, 2022, 12:51:53 PM »
Far too much independent thought in that thread. Mods praying it dies down so they can lock it due to an overwhelming number of reports and then go in and ban the rebels.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #27163 on: August 13, 2022, 12:52:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/salman-rushdie-attacked-at-a-lecture-in-new-york.618873/page-8#post-91522860

Quote from: gholas
What I'm a bit more concerned about is RedRush94's post accusing a Mod of sexually harassing them and then being brushed off by the rest of the Mod team when trying to report it. And then removing Redrush's post completely. While I'm cognizant of the possibility that since that account was a sock puppet, Redrush's post could be complete BS in the service of some sinister agenda, but the fact that a user accused a mod of sexual harassment and then that post was just deleted off the site is a troubling to me.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 01:00:05 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #27164 on: August 13, 2022, 12:55:05 PM »

How do you ignore them and also arrest them?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #27165 on: August 13, 2022, 12:55:19 PM »
Far too much independent thought in that thread. Mods praying it dies down so they can lock it due to an overwhelming number of reports and then go in and ban the rebels.

and if it doesn't, its the weekends so the mods can always have a totally spontaneous and organic fun tag fishing thread!

benjipwns

« Reply #27166 on: August 13, 2022, 12:56:14 PM »

Rowling Joanne has been pro-Rushdie for years just so she could pull something like this in the middle of the genocide she started. This BITCH is completely unbelievable in her hatred of trans people.

edit: Apologies for accidentally giving her power in my original wording of this post.

TacoWallace

« Reply #27167 on: August 13, 2022, 12:57:38 PM »
Dusk Golem was here

I wish that was only a self aware joke on his part. Unfortunately he's about as funny as PlanetSmasher, and actually just a dumbass who gets off on attention, so not a chance. Claims it's not for clout but if you look at his reddit/twitter posts it's always me me me I got this special thing I wanted to share and I know more but I won't teehee! I'm retiring for the 19th time and I really mean that this time.

On reddit he responded to someone asking why he's leaking again: "I'm still feeling out where I want to be. I am seriously in a position I could hurt a lot of devs with things I'm starting to get ahold of, and I don't really want that. But I also can prove I'm not bullshitting, and I think some light teases and small things are fine, so feeling out what feels right basically. What causes only a little damage for devs (nothing too bad), is fun, and raises intrigue & discourse, plus people can see is true later."

Posting anything you aren't supposed to have is hurting multiple people professionally somewhere every time.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #27168 on: August 13, 2022, 12:57:42 PM »

The trans folx put a fatwahhh on her :rodney

BIONIC

« Reply #27169 on: August 13, 2022, 12:58:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-stuff-like-bayonetta-3s-naïve-angel-mode-prudish.619260/

Totally not a ban bait thread  :kermit
Margs

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #27170 on: August 13, 2022, 01:20:18 PM »

Quote from: platy
actually that must be the closest to an actual threat she ever tweeted about

:mindblown

These people post every single time Rowling makes a tweet but now they claim this is the first threat they've seen?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I guess it's only an "actual threat" when the tweet is from a muslim  :yikes
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #27171 on: August 13, 2022, 01:35:39 PM »
It's funny because that's not remotely a threat that needs to be investigated but by normal ResetERA.com standards that guy literally tried to murder Joanne. (Not that she wouldn't deserve it, Nazis get the rope.)

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #27172 on: August 13, 2022, 01:39:44 PM »

Quote from: platy
actually that must be the closest to an actual threat she ever tweeted about

:mindblown

These people post every single time Rowling makes a tweet but now they claim this is the first threat they've seen?

I guess it's only an "actual threat" when the tweet is from a muslim  :yikes
[close]
Did they forget people actually went to her house and hoped she got hurt?

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #27173 on: August 13, 2022, 02:06:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-stuff-like-bayonetta-3s-naïve-angel-mode-prudish.619260/

eh, its just qol feature made for the people on this forum who always say theyd be embarrassed to play bayonetta in front of their so. finally they too can enjoy bayonetta
:exxy
not to start a thing but i kinda wish Dragon's Crown had this mode

:jared

BIONIC

« Reply #27174 on: August 13, 2022, 02:19:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-stuff-like-bayonetta-3s-naïve-angel-mode-prudish.619260/page-2#post-91527753

Quote from: Kittenz, post: 91527753, member: 23395
I would play so much more Japanese content/consume more anime, but the demand to have, like, upskirt shits of every female character just kills it for me.

:whoo

:phil
[close]
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #27175 on: August 13, 2022, 02:20:53 PM »
I never actually read that entire post. It's great. The entire thing is him casting aspersions on other people's supposed motives, while he opens with how he's not even going to respect any counter opinions that cast aspersions on his motives. I can see why he's the most (and seemingly only) respected writer on ResetERA.com of all writers throughout history.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #27176 on: August 13, 2022, 02:28:46 PM »

eh, its just qol feature made for the people on this forum who always say theyd be embarrassed to play bayonetta in front of their so. finally they too can enjoy bayonetta

That Jason Schreier post truly lives in the halls of infamy. Who the fuck looks at that character and thinks that's a child.

People have a real hard time accepting that Bayonetta is sexist, whether a woman designed her or not, damn.

"Ugh, it's just a fantasy designed by men"

*female designer*

"Ugh, it doesn't matter if the designer is a woman. It's only made for men to enjoy"

*plenty of women enjoy Bayonetta as power fantasy*

"Ugh, it doesn't matter that women enjoy it as well they're all just pick me sluts"

Also, at the risk of sounding a bit transphobic, it's kind of funny how many female trans members speak with such authority on female issues.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 02:36:24 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #27177 on: August 13, 2022, 02:41:18 PM »
Schierer was one of those morons who thought Sony could/would save the vita in like 2015 when it was clear that they'd basically put it out DOA and aside from a couple of half hearted attempts had made no effort to turn around its fortunes :teehee
(ice)

« Reply #27178 on: August 13, 2022, 02:59:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/netflix-purple-hearts-movie-about-a-musician-in-debt-who-marries-a-racist-piece-of-shit-for-insurance-faces-backlash-director-responds.619224/page-3#post-91527792
This describes my ex. For years she was very vocal on LGBTQ+ issues, refused to shop at stores with religious owners who would force those beliefs on their employees (such as Hobby Lobby not allowing contraceptives to be covered under their health insurance) and would call out bigotry when she saw it. Even helped educate me on issues I wasn't paying as much attention to as I should have been.

She's now married to an extreme right wing anti-vaxxer and supporter of the attempted insurrection who, after Roe v. Wade was overturned, was on Facebook posting laughing emojis about the fact that it's going to be harder for women to get abortions.

And when I say "extreme right wing," that's not an exaggeration. I'm talking about openly supporting white supremacist groups like the Proud Boys. A friend once sent me a long and very alarming post of his that he literally ended with "stand back and stand by."

It's honestly very scary how easily a person can throw their values aside. And the question of course then becomes, "Did they ever actually have those values in the first place?"

ZeroVagine traumatized this woman so much that she went from dating a raging liberal cuck soyboy to marrying a Stormfront premium member.  :lol :lol :lol

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #27179 on: August 13, 2022, 03:06:47 PM »