Author Topic: Crysis 2 thread;Crysis 3 announced(2013,PC/360/PS3)  (Read 54576 times)

maxy

• Sales Loser
Crysis 2 thread;Crysis 3 announced(2013,PC/360/PS3)
« on: June 01, 2009, 07:47:57 AM »
Today EA and Crytek announced Crysis 2 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

The next instalment of Crysis will be the first game built on Crytek's CryENGINE 3 and will be released for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. EA will publish the game.

"The development of Crysis 2 marks a major stepping stone for our studio," said Cevat Yerli, CEO and President of Crytek.

"This is not only the next game in the Crysis franchise, it’s the first title we are developing for consoles and the first title being built on CryENGINE 3. We are excited to have the support of EA Partners again as we work together to make the launch of Crysis 2 a huge event."

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/crytek-announces-crysis-2-consoles-and-pc-$1300130.htm

PC fanboys am cry...

Crysis is amazing game,hopefully sequel will uber amazing

:bow Crysis :bow2

Trailer

http://www.eurogamer.cz/videos/crysis-2-e3-teaser?size=large
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:10:42 AM by maxy »
cat

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Re: Crysis 2
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 07:56:35 AM »
borys am suiciding :borys

itm

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 07:58:38 AM »
First time a sequel will look worse than the original?

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 08:09:34 AM »
I hope the PC version will be compromised so the console version doesn't suffer.
i

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 09:12:02 AM »
I doubt it will look any worse than Crysis did on PC. Whatever, the more that get to experience a Crytek FPS, the better.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 02:35:57 PM »
The CE3 demo looked really good on consoles so I doubt that.  Of course the PC demo will look a lot better though.

dark1x

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 04:10:47 PM »
You know that's bullshit.  The PC version will look better than the original, I'm sure.  The console versions?  Not likely, but I'm sure they'll look good enough.  The PC original was super scalable, you know. 

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 03:38:13 AM »
Trailer

http://www.eurogamer.cz/videos/crysis-2-e3-teaser?size=large

Not much too see,but it gives some hints about the game
cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
cat

Himu

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 04:05:15 PM »
I gotta play the first.
IYKYK

duckman2000

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 04:10:37 PM »
Looks hot. Crytek knows its shit.

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 05:03:14 PM »
Damn, that looks really good. I know there wasn't much gameplay, but the in-engine lighting and water effects look ace. Are they including this editor in the final game?
jon

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 03:15:55 AM »
Some info,from PCGamer mag

Nathan Camarillo, executive producer on Crysis 2, tells the magazine that the sequel won't take place on another tropical island setting as we're used to. Instead, Crysis 2 makes the jump to a "new style of jungle" -- something they aren't ready to fully discuss just yet.

"We are applying our expertise to a new style of "jungle" which we will discuss more in the upcoming months, but it is definitely far from tropical," says Camarillo. "We are very excited to introduce Crysis-style sandbox gameplay to a different, yet ultimately familiar environment."

http://xcastonline.com/index.php/News/crytek-spill-first-details-on-crysis-2-set-in-a-qnew-style-of-jungleq.html

Hopefully they stick with sandbox until the end credits.

cat

Bebpo

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 03:26:51 AM »
Yeah, it'll either be Concrete Jungle (aka, the city), VR Jungle (aka, MGS), or Alien Jungle (aka, Halo)

cool breeze

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 03:31:52 AM »
Ever since the ship in Crysis, I wanted a modern/futuristic urban setting in the engine.

I want that

But I wouldn't be surprised if they really just meant it's South America or something.

cool breeze

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 03:40:12 PM »

New York City 

:bow Urban environments :bow2

duckman2000

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 03:43:11 PM »
Noooo, god damn it, NOOOO! No more fucking urban shit! Every god damned game is set in urban environments, I want my wide open fields and jungles damn it.

archie4208

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 03:45:14 PM »
Consoles holding back yet another game. :(

cool breeze

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 03:47:13 PM »
The battleship at the end of Crysis looked incredible.  I've wanted to see more urban area done in the engine.  Don't know if I wanted a full game and sequel to Crysis to be such a shift, but we haven't exactly seen more than that cover.

also, how were they able to think of 49 reasons to get a PSPgo? I don't even

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 03:49:16 PM »
also, how were they able to think of 49 reasons to get a PSPgo? I don't even

interviewed professor prole?
hex

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 04:08:05 PM »
I see no problem with urban environments,if you want to play in a jungle play Crysis,simple as that.
cat

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 04:12:52 PM »

Nope:

^_^

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010, 05:22:12 PM »
Something for jungle lovers,this is now your new jungle

:rofl
cat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 05:56:32 PM »
I don't mind it so much as long as it's not some third-world country or war-torn urban environment.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 07:44:53 PM »
That's kind of cheating to only show central park when most NYC is URBAN WARFARE

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 08:59:46 PM »
New York is so played out. More games need to be set in D.C.

Fallout 3  8)
dog

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 01:35:20 PM »
Thanks to some decent fellow at EG forums and Willy from Crysis-HQ,new info and scans bellow

- The Xbox 360 is running at 1280x720 with 2x MSAA, not sure about the PS3.
- It is set 3 years after the original game, and now 'the aliens' are invading the entire world.
- There's set to be a third faction in the game (another enemy, maybe)
- New York has been destroyed by the aliens, and this is where the main action takes place.
- New 'Tactical Mode' allows to player to extract information from corpses and weapons, eg, cause of death, name, etc.
- There are now 'modules' that can be attached to enhance the Nanosuit.
- The survivors refer to you as 'Prophet'.
- Battles will be more tactical and require more planning, and they will be more open than the original Crysis.
- Multi-level combat (eg, you can scale buildings and attack from there, or climb to the top and survey the city/battlefield).
- When you're in a building, the enemies will try to flank you from below/above.
- The exosuit aliens you fight are now different; they are humanoid and use handheld weapons.
- Story is improved and is much more important to the game, and it is built upon through the course of the game ("much like Bioshock", he said).

Scans,in German,will read and post if something is missing...have to brush up my German skill

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad86/esnedon/Page18.jpg
http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad86/esnedon/Page19.jpg
http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad86/esnedon/Page20.jpg
http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad86/esnedon/Page21.jpg
http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad86/esnedon/Page22.jpg
http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad86/esnedon/Page23.jpg
http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad86/esnedon/Page24.jpg
http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad86/esnedon/Page25.jpg
cat

cool breeze

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 04:05:31 PM »
- Battles will be more tactical and require more planning, and they will be more open than the original Crysis.
- Multi-level combat (eg, you can scale buildings and attack from there, or climb to the top and survey the city/battlefield).
- When you're in a building, the enemies will try to flank you from below/above.

:hyper

duckman2000

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 04:09:45 PM »
Buildings, buildings, buildings. Fuck Crytek.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 07:43:51 PM »
It's probably a lot harder to make a convincing city than a jungle but it'll be interesting to see some videos eventually.

cool breeze

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2010, 02:21:19 AM »
I still don't get the hate.  Are you guys thinking it's going to be GTA4 and usual sandbox game crap where a city is more just running around in the streets? in my mind, the buildings here will have modeled interiors and be an actual full city, or at least a slightly damaged city.  I'm thinking that I'll be doing a max. speed into max. strength combo to jump from roof-top to roof-top.  Shit like shooting a hole in the ground to fall to the floor below.  Driving a cab into an alien, then booking it in to a 7/11 and having the slurpee machine explore as bullets tear through the magazine racks.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2010, 02:34:17 AM »
If it was in jungle then it would be

Jungle,jungle,jungle.Fuck Crytek.
 :lol
cat

cool breeze

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2010, 02:40:33 AM »
but...

:hyper

I'll remain optimistic.

duckman2000

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2010, 02:46:33 AM »
I still don't get the hate.  Are you guys thinking it's going to be GTA4 and usual sandbox game crap where a city is more just running around in the streets?

I'm just sick of urban fighting. Cities are necessary evils, not something I want to have in every damned game. And that seems to be all we're getting these days, urban environments. Meh. It's doubly annoying since they teased with that taiga environment for the canceled game, and then they shit out New York. Fuck them.

If it was in jungle then it would be

Jungle,jungle,jungle.Fuck Crytek.
 :lol

What a terrible post. Go away, you annoying twit.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 02:48:54 AM by duckman2000 »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 03:00:56 AM »
Crysis, Crysis, Crysis. Fuck Crytek.
fat

cool breeze

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2010, 12:44:03 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19545195&postcount=292

more scans ^

More info V
(from gaf)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
short info summary of what I read, not complete and all:

- aliens attacked and ny is destroyed
- they explain one mission
- big ship crashed into skycraper and you have to go there to get some DNA
- big new element is the vertical axis of the game
- in Crysis you could only jump on a car
- this time you can go up the skycrapers to jump off of them for example or to check and mark your targets before you attack

- 4 types of ways to use the nanosuit
- infiltrate - while in this mode you are invisible and can see enemies through walls
- power
- tactic - you can see where you are attacked from, you can hear far away conversations, you can see weapons laying around and stuff
- armor mode - better protection

- they are experimenting with different huds for every mode

- there is a third fraction in the game which is attacking the player AND the aliens

- dark elements with dead bodies swimming around with some flair like in stalker
- color elements like in The Saboteur
- where the alien ship crashed it seems all living is gone, everything is grey and dark, only red and yellow is noticable
- aliens do not look like in Crysis but like Predators. Walking on two legs and has some kind of dreadlocks
- this alien is totally badass and fearful

not complete, don't hurt me if something is wrong. just a small overview ;)

I still don't get the hate.  Are you guys thinking it's going to be GTA4 and usual sandbox game crap where a city is more just running around in the streets? in my mind, the buildings here will have modeled interiors and be an actual full city, or at least a slightly damaged city.  I'm thinking that I'll be doing a max. speed into max. strength combo to jump from roof-top to roof-top.  Shit like shooting a hole in the ground to fall to the floor below.  Driving a cab into an alien, then booking it in to a 7/11 and having the slurpee machine explore as bullets tear through the magazine racks.

They will be the same as "cities" in CoD games. Nothing near the freedom of the jungle from Crysis.

also, apparently Crytek is involved with making this video or something.  So there is hope that every interior will be modeled.

[youtube=560,345]AtC0lpKKE38[/youtube]

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2010, 02:55:32 AM »
"It will look better in motion!!"
cat

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2010, 05:06:13 AM »
Probably cutting corners for the 360 version :smug

PC lives to serve the console. :smug
i

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2010, 07:22:01 AM »
The textures don't look that bad if that's the console version.  It's funny that it's going to push console and PC tech to the limit.

cool breeze

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2010, 11:20:37 AM »
Probably cutting corners for the 360 version :smug

PC lives to serve the console. :smug

I like that relationship.  360 gets their version 30fps with drops, tearing, hopefully 720p and some AA, and the normal people get to enjoy it.  Then on PC it can easily be pushed beyond to 1080p, 60+fps, AA, triple-buffering, maybe enhanced textures/effects, etc. so crazy people like myself can sleep easy knowing there aren't technical problems.  It's pretty awesome for everyone, until they make a poor PC version or stop entirely  :lol

honestly, I couldn't care less with how much Crysis 2 pushes the bleeding edge.  Realistically I would reach that graphical level, and getting closer would just impact the gameplay in a negative way.  The entire reason I prefer PC gaming is because games run smooth, even if it means dropping visual settings.  I still don't understand the benchmark fetish stuff of PC gamers.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 11:24:21 AM by swaggaz »

duckman2000

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2010, 11:31:05 AM »
The entire reason I prefer PC gaming is because games run smooth, even if it means dropping visual settings.  I still don't understand the benchmark fetish stuff of PC gamers.

Agreed, somewhat. I like having the choice, and sometimes I'll sacrifice performance for a very pretty slideshow. And conversely, being able to eliminate tearing at the expense of a few advanced graphic options is sweet. PC gaming has its drawbacks, but that choice is damned appealing.

cool breeze

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2010, 11:33:19 AM »
That is why I say I don't understand a lot of hardcore PC gamers or w/e.  I mostly just care about playing a game.  The main reasons I prefer PC gaming are higher frame rates/smoother gameplay, community/mod support, kb/m control, etc.

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2010, 02:37:52 PM »
Whatever makes you rationalize spending 3000$ on a PC and pirating games. :smug
i

dark1x

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2010, 02:48:59 PM »
Looks like Crysis on medium. Must be console screens.
You must be joking.  That looks significantly better and has the attributes of the game on the higher settings.  It's the urban environment that's throwing you off.  Those Crysis 2 shots ARE DEFINITELY from the PC version.

Here's a random shot from the tank level on VERY HIGH (not from my rig)...

A small Crysis at medium shot...

Do you know what Crysis DOESN'T look like????

People have created mods which produce results reasonably close to this, but the standard retail game set to DX10 Very High will not match this at all.  It simply doesn't look that good.  Only through modding were people able to compare.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 02:51:54 PM by dark1x »

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2010, 03:37:57 PM »
Well, I was mistaken then, I had assumed that's what Crysis on Medium looked like since my computer can only run it on LOW SETTINGS.
The most important setting in Crysis is shaders,anything lower than high looks like crap
So as long as you have shaders on high,you are fine.
cat

dark1x

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2010, 03:52:43 PM »
Well, I was mistaken then, I had assumed that's what Crysis on Medium looked like since my computer can only run it on LOW SETTINGS.

dark10x doesn't really have a point, though.

Crysis can look and looks like the last image he posted via tweaking. And Crysis is 2007 game. Imagine how godly Crysis 2 would look like in 2010 if not for peasant consoles holding it back.

Point is Crysis 2 will never look as good as that tweaked Crysis image because the engine has made a lot of compromises.

And that hurts the PC fanboys.
Damn it, no.  Crysis out of the box does not look like that last shot.  That was only achieved through modding.  Obviously, any shots released for the sequel will be captured using their presets.  I'm sure all of the same features will still be present in Crysis 2 and tweaks can be made.

Crysis out of the box looks different than modded Crysis.  People were simply pushing the engine to its fullest with the mods.

Admit, Borys, Crysis out of the box on Very High looks significantly different than tweaked and modded Crysis.  We can't compare early shots of Crysis 2 to the modded Crysis shots as they aren't aiming for that.

dark1x

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2010, 04:26:03 PM »

dark10x doesn't really have a point, though.

Crysis can look and looks like the last image he posted via tweaking. And Crysis is 2007 game. Imagine how godly Crysis 2 would look like in 2010 if not for peasant consoles holding it back.

Point is Crysis 2 will never look as good as that tweaked Crysis image because the engine has made a lot of compromises.

And that hurts the PC fanboys.
Damn it, no.  Crysis out of the box does not look like that last shot.  That was only achieved through modding.  Obviously, any shots released for the sequel will be captured using their presets.  I'm sure all of the same features will still be present in Crysis 2 and tweaks can be made.

Crysis out of the box looks different than modded Crysis.  People were simply pushing the engine to its fullest with the mods.

Admit, Borys, Crysis out of the box on Very High looks significantly different than tweaked and modded Crysis.  We can't compare early shots of Crysis 2 to the modded Crysis shots as they aren't aiming for that.

That is precisely what I said. Out of the box: no, via tweaking: yes.

Of course we don't know anything about C2 modding. But coming from the shots they use in press releases: it looks worse than the supertweaked C1 shots (note the very weak concrete/ building textures).
There's nothing weak about those textures.  That's how the non-organic stuff looks in CryEngine.

Bebpo

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »
Crysis 2 looks unbelievably great.  Will upgrade my PC to run it at 20fps again.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2010, 07:46:09 PM »
Looks like Crysis on medium. Must be console screens.
(Image removed from quote.)

Well, you succeeded in finding the most bland and flat Crysis shot on the internet, I'll give you that much.
dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2010, 07:47:04 PM »
:fbm defending Crysis and pretending its a good game
fat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2010, 08:04:25 PM »
:fbm defending Crysis and pretending its a good game

But you can punch chickens and tear down a tree with a machine gun!
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2010, 08:26:37 PM »
Crysis is awesome!  The final stage on the tanker is omgggg.  I did that final battle at 3-5fps with many quicksaves and I am proud of that.  7600GT ftwwww

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2010, 12:10:06 PM »
They did a reveal at Crytek which apparently looks pretty damn good running on, no not some quad core extreme SLI flashing light laden monstrosity, just a $200 360. Obviously no ones used it except for Crytek yet but if the spin is true CryEngine 3 is gona be seriously hot.

EDGEs write up of the reveal http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/crysis-2-the-manhattan-project?page=0%2C0
◕‿◕

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »
The invasion begins in Times Square TONIGHT @ 10:00, 10:20 & 10:40 -- Get an early first look at Crysis 2!

http://twitter.com/Crysis/status/11705790784
cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2010, 07:16:25 AM »
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

:yuck
cat

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2010, 08:07:48 AM »

Too low res to see anything.

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2010, 04:47:28 PM »
that's one shitty trailer (graphics are good I think), but it's so out of place and unexciting.
i

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2010, 04:56:23 PM »
there's only going to be two powers: power and stealth, and they're both button presses away for "accessibility" (re-re console gamers)

:derp CONSOLE SHOOTERS :derp
wtc

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2010, 05:09:01 PM »
accessibility :bow2

i