Author Topic: Official Thread of Flogging the Log: A Place for Better Random Talk  (Read 557250 times)

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Re: Official Thread of Flogging the Log: A Place for Better Random Talk
« Reply #4620 on: March 15, 2010, 11:01:21 AM »
Man, having a niece is awesome, well not just because she's so cute and stuff but because her grandparents (my parents) and my sister stock up on cool food shit I haven't seen in years like Gushers and Fruit Rollups.
:9

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #4621 on: March 15, 2010, 11:02:29 AM »
oh man I would totally steal a Lunchables or two from my Niece if she lived nearby.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #4622 on: March 15, 2010, 11:05:23 AM »
:lol

I actually started digging into her supply of Sponge Bob gummies. They're made to dissolve quickly so she won't choke on them, its so awesome. But yeah, nostalgia blast... can't wait till she hits the Lunchable years.

archie4208

« Reply #4623 on: March 15, 2010, 11:11:55 AM »
I got a job with the census.  Considering the economy I'm ultra excited. :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #4624 on: March 15, 2010, 11:12:39 AM »

I actually started digging into her supply of Sponge Bob gummies. They're made to dissolve quickly so she won't choke on them, its so awesome. But yeah, nostalgia blast... can't wait till she hits the Lunchable years.

That's an awesome idea.  Over here there's been a call to ban a certain type of gummy/jelly candy because little kids have choked on it.
PS4

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #4625 on: March 15, 2010, 11:16:55 AM »
is your niece hot
nat

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #4626 on: March 15, 2010, 11:19:06 AM »
is your niece hot

Not cool, and totally pedo.
PS4

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #4627 on: March 15, 2010, 11:21:37 AM »
you dont know what niece i'm talking about
nat

Green Shinobi

« Reply #4628 on: March 15, 2010, 11:29:32 AM »
Learned how to play What Would You Say and Lie in Our Graves by DMB. Kinda wish I had done this a few years ago. I knew a girl who was a huge DMB fan, and I probably could have been giving her the old in-out, in-out for awhile if I'd been able to play this shit back then.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
« Reply #4630 on: March 15, 2010, 11:39:35 AM »
i have exactly 10 days to study for two finals

i'm looking at the clock thinking ''i really have to start now'' and when i look again, 15 minutes will have passed already

fml
zzz

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #4631 on: March 15, 2010, 11:46:41 AM »
You know, I've always been a more quiet and reserved person, especially in large groups of people or places I don't want to be at... but I have always found the most success with dating fellow introverted women. It's certainly easier for me to just find introvert girls than make myself into something I totally am not (a social butterfly - I mean I can stand to be social, but if the activity goes on for a long while I will become completely worn down). Boogie, perhaps this is something you could try? Also have you ever gone the online dating route? I don't really recommend it for long term relationships, but it's a great way to practice meeting girls and getting comfortable talking and dating someone you barely know.
^_^

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4632 on: March 15, 2010, 02:37:39 PM »
Just realized it is only 12:22 instead of 1:22 like my computer said it was.  No wonder I can't sleep.

joke post?

No.  Why do you think that?

edit:  I feel incredibly sick today.  I think I might shit myself.  I have a midterm too.   
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 02:48:53 PM by Father_Mike »

etiolate

« Reply #4633 on: March 15, 2010, 03:23:13 PM »
Thinking about how much I hate a class I'm taking actually woke me up some 3 hours before my alarm was set to go off. Only one more day and one more final to go for it.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4634 on: March 15, 2010, 06:31:28 PM »
i have exactly 10 days to study for two finals
i'm looking at the clock thinking ''i really have to start now'' and when i look again, 15 minutes will have passed already
fml
I have 4 days for 2 science classes and a math class and I still haven't learned all the content, ya pussay.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #4635 on: March 15, 2010, 07:24:17 PM »
Just finished the water heater. Easy as hell with all the pieces we needed (metal tubing in this case) :rock

I've gone days without showering before, but usually at camp. This morning I had to heat up some water and wash up in the sink, and I felt rather dirty while at school.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #4636 on: March 15, 2010, 07:50:49 PM »
Thats disgusting PD.
Drunk

Green Shinobi

« Reply #4637 on: March 15, 2010, 08:06:15 PM »
Also don't about your job for more then a minute or two. While you're job is fucking cool nobody really fucking cares and there is nothing worse then a 20 minute monologue from the soldier/police guy about all the shit they go through and I swear to god every time they drop some acronym the other person loses interest.

Those are the best, especially if they're really drunk and start crying midway through.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4638 on: March 15, 2010, 08:15:15 PM »
I got a job with the census.  Considering the economy I'm ultra excited. :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper

I applied for this too. I didnt hear anything back yet. Did you get an office job or are you on the road?
fat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4639 on: March 15, 2010, 09:11:35 PM »

How does one actually go about this, without martial arts training and joining the police?

You mean, other than sheer force of effort?

First, I had the fortune to have made a great group of dorm friends in 1st and 2nd year.  In spite of never getting laid until 4th year, I made many lifelong friends in the first few years of university.  And then you meet their friends.

And from there, you simply force yourself to ask questions of everyone you meet, through friends, or random people you sit beside in class.  Or the random people you meet in a hot tub in Whistler.  Or on a chairlift going up a ski hill.  For the latter, I mean, you're stuck with this stranger for the next 5-10 minutes, my philosophy is, you might as well fuckin' talk to them.

Yes, being a Mountie is an advantage, because it's an instant conversation-starter if someone asks what you do.  Strangely, and unfortunately, however, I find that men have much better and more interesting questions for me when finding out my career than do women.  Random guys, young and old, will ask insightful, penetrating questions about what I do and my opinions on various police-related topics.

Women just ask if I ride a horse.  :-\

If she's not that attractive, you could say "I'm working on that at this very moment."

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4640 on: March 15, 2010, 09:12:13 PM »
Drinking with 4 koreans in Shinokubo (Koreatown) tonight... I am going to be the only foreigner in the whole area as I silently booze up on soju while everyone I'm with including my half Korean girlfriend speaks the bubble language. Should be fun though, never had soju before, and Koreatown is within walking distance of my apartment, so if it gets too rowdy I can just stagger home.

The sad thing is, in Japan even if those Koreans are 4th or 5th generation, they're still "foreigners."

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #4641 on: March 15, 2010, 09:21:31 PM »

If she's not that attractive, you could say "I'm working on that at this very moment."

MMA

archie4208

« Reply #4642 on: March 15, 2010, 09:31:02 PM »

I applied for this too. I didnt hear anything back yet. Did you get an office job or are you on the road?

As far as I can tell, I am nominated for the office job, but it is contingent on how I perform during training (aka if I do poor during the training exams I'd be downgraded to the road work).

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4643 on: March 15, 2010, 09:34:57 PM »
Did they call you? I'm wondering if I should assume I got denied. I only missed like 5 questions on their silly test too.  :'(
fat

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #4644 on: March 15, 2010, 09:36:31 PM »
you guys spend too much time worrying about that kind of shit. getting laid is not the most important thing in life.

You mean that there's more to life than dating and sex?

Holy shit!  thank you, fistful!  Truly, you are a mature and insightful individual.

This is the gawdamned flogging the log thread.  We talk about random shit.  Currently, we're discussing dating (or the lack thereof).  I'm sure if I were to brag about the awesome shit that's going on in my life, you'd bitch about that, too.

So, here goes:  I got to be in Whistler during the 2010 Olympic Winter Games for free.  No, scratch that.  I got free accommodations and got paid obscene amounts of money to be in Whistler during the 2010 Olympic Winter Games.  Yeah, it was pretty fucking awesome. :rock

Happy?  Okay.  Now back to bitching about women.

You know, I've always been a more quiet and reserved person, especially in large groups of people or places I don't want to be at... but I have always found the most success with dating fellow introverted women. It's certainly easier for me to just find introvert girls than make myself into something I totally am not (a social butterfly - I mean I can stand to be social, but if the activity goes on for a long while I will become completely worn down). Boogie, perhaps this is something you could try?

I thought that was what I was trying.  Both of the women I've mentioned on the past couple of pages are rather quiet and reserved.  The stag and doe chick was quite shy, didn't know almost anyone apart from the bride, and made a comment about feeling awkward.  I actually think I helped her enjoy herself more at the party than she otherwise would have, inviting her into the group I was with, such as it was.

Also have you ever gone the online dating route? I don't really recommend it for long term relationships, but it's a great way to practice meeting girls and getting comfortable talking and dating someone you barely know.

Oh, I've had profiles on various dating sites for years.  Lavalife, okcupid, POF.  It's all a waste of time.  too hard to get a girl's interest/attention.  I get probably one response back for every 20-30 women I message.  And of them, probably one out of every 2 will respond to a follow up message.  And then, say, perhaps one of every 2 of them will actually be willing to meet.  And of them, one out of every 3 will be fatties who are quite skilled at strategic photography, deceptively masking what they actually look like.

It's just a pain in the ass.
MMA

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #4645 on: March 15, 2010, 09:40:09 PM »

Holy shit!  thank you, fistful!  Truly, you are a mature and insightful individual.

no probs, dog
nat

archie4208

« Reply #4646 on: March 15, 2010, 09:40:28 PM »
Did they call you? I'm wondering if I should assume I got denied. I only missed like 5 questions on their silly test too.  :'(

Yeah I got a call at around 9:30 this morning.  Give them a call tomorrow and make sure you are in the applicant pool.  

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #4647 on: March 15, 2010, 11:42:37 PM »
And Kosma, buddy, I appreciate the effort at advice, but...well...

Boogie maybe you just try too hard and care too much. Just let it go.

What the fuck does that even mean?  "you try too hard" is something that I hear from the people who are naturals, who don't have to "do" anything to attract women.  Well, newsflash, dude, some of us don't have that natural ability like you.  So we have to "try".

I mean, "let it go" means to me, "give up".  I'm sure that's not what you mean, but stop speaking in trite phrases and speak plainly instead.

Though perhaps you are referring to the exclamatory hysterics in how I described my story.  In which case I say:  dude, it's called venting.  In a way, it's what this thread is for.

Also don't about your job for more then a minute or two. While you're job is fucking cool nobody really fucking cares and there is nothing worse then a 20 minute monologue from the soldier/police guy about all the shit they go through and I swear to god every time they drop some acronym the other person loses interest. All army guys seem to suffer from this. Unless she keeps asking you more and more just spout some short story like "I'm a mountie, its pretty cool yeah, something I always wanted to do, catch the bad guys and chase nukkas/polacks/spics down alleys etc." Thats basicly it. And maybe while talking about other stuff you can throw in one or two "yeah thats reminds me while on the job I had this funny shit happen". Dont do it all the time, once or twice is enough.

Where the fuck did this come from?  You are imagining some pretty out there shit, dude.  Where from my posts have you gotten this?

I never talk shop or "brag" about being a Mountie unless someone else brings it up and asks questions.  Which does, however, happen, as my friends love to hear my "war stories".

Nonetheless, on the night in question, other than when the chick asked me where I work, I don't think I mentioned anything at all about being a cop.

So, in relation to the above, you may be the Bore's resident sexpert (along with Mupepe :-*), but that doesn't give you the authority to keep your head lodged firmly up your ass

As for the rest of it, you give great advice if you have a time travel machine and are talking to 2006 Boogie.

But you're talking to 2010 Boogie, who is not a complete moron in the area of attraction theory, and game, and whatnot.  Still.

If you're not kissing by the end of the night dont ask them out. If you kiss them dont ask them out either. Better to meet them again the next time and let the sexual tension build up.

"meet them again the next time".  Hello?  This was an out of town stag and doe.    There is no "next time" if I don't ask her out.  Hell, that's the best incentive for going for it, because I'll never see her again if she turns me down.

Building up tension is important. Be nonchalant about it. Dont worry if this way it will seem youre missing shots. Really stop caring and women will notice that maybe you dont really care that much one day which will make you all the more interesting. Be flirtatious and fun but dont let shine through that you want to stick your wiener in her vagina just yet.

I'm really not sure how to respond to this.  Obviously, in Biff's words, you can't seem "desparate".  

But this clearly doesn't work.  If "not caring" and just going out with friends and meeting people made women attracted to me, then......women would be attracted to me.  I'm "flirtatious and fun" with dozens upon dozens of women who I don't chase, and yet......they don't chase me.  They don't go after me either.  They don't crush on me.  

I know the theory.  The point of my frustration these past 8 months is that even trying to put it into practice has not helped.

And definately not that you want anything serious.

Hey, after going through one 2 and a half year serious relationship, I am completely willing to try something that is "not serious".

Learn to read signs, her touching you while talking is a green light. Make some fun of her, but also of yourself. Dont make too much fun of yourself because you will seem inconfident, dont make too much fun of her or you will be an asshole.

See, here's the problem.  Women don't give me signs.  Women never touch me while talking to me.  I know that is an IOI, but it never happens.  Even with the chick I made out with in January.  She never touched me until I lept in for the kiss.

And I think, for the most part, I strike a pretty good balance of teasing women and being slightly self-deprecating.
MMA

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #4648 on: March 15, 2010, 11:50:55 PM »
fuck the thread has turned into girl-age :(
AMC

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4649 on: March 15, 2010, 11:51:06 PM »
       big post, big man
Boogie the Mountie
coming spring 2010 in a woman near you

ch1nchilla

« Reply #4650 on: March 15, 2010, 11:56:42 PM »
Drinking with 4 koreans in Shinokubo (Koreatown) tonight... I am going to be the only foreigner in the whole area as I silently booze up on soju while everyone I'm with including my half Korean girlfriend speaks the bubble language. Should be fun though, never had soju before, and Koreatown is within walking distance of my apartment, so if it gets too rowdy I can just stagger home.

The sad thing is, in Japan even if those Koreans are 4th or 5th generation, they're still "foreigners."

I was the only white dude in the whole area from what I could tell, and certainly the only non-Korean (glaringly white) in this K-pop den / bar thing we went to... Was still a pretty good time, everybody got way too drunk except for me and this other girl who wanted to keep drinking, but we had to take care of everyone else. Fail.  :-\

PS HOW ABOUT WE MAKE A GIRL-AGE THREAD INSTEAD OF DESTROYING FLOGGING THE LOG?

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #4651 on: March 15, 2010, 11:57:12 PM »
fuck the thread has turned into girl-age :(

Hey, at least I talk to teh womenz, rather than Malek pining for them from afar.

annoying as it might be, I'm just continuing the spirit of the log's founding...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 12:01:39 AM by Boogie »
MMA

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #4652 on: March 16, 2010, 12:00:59 AM »
I prefer Boogie's girl age to Arvie talking about philo, PD and his dad being stupid about plumbing (like pipes made from tape like how stupid do you have to be?).

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #4653 on: March 16, 2010, 12:01:59 AM »
I just can't bring myself to read posts about the topic more than a paragraph. We need a woman's opinion in here for Boogie!
AMC

Fresh Prince

« Reply #4654 on: March 16, 2010, 12:05:11 AM »
Pipes made out of duct tape. These are tertiary educated men apparently!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 12:09:16 AM by Fresh Prince »

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #4655 on: March 16, 2010, 12:06:16 AM »
I guess I didn't really read that either.
AMC

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4656 on: March 16, 2010, 12:12:39 AM »
Nor did I read the bike talk.  Which goes to show that one doesn't need to read stuff that one doesn't have an interest in, and so complaining about it is silly.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4657 on: March 16, 2010, 12:13:30 AM »
The new thread should really be called 'Girl-Bore' though, not 'Girl-Age'.

1) Girls are boring, we bore them, it works on all levels
2) 'Girl-Age' sounds a bit pedo
vjj

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #4658 on: March 16, 2010, 12:14:26 AM »
I like it
AMC

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4659 on: March 16, 2010, 12:25:12 AM »
Let just keep it here.  It doesn't hurt anything.

cool breeze

« Reply #4660 on: March 16, 2010, 12:29:04 AM »
no homo-bore

cool breeze

« Reply #4661 on: March 16, 2010, 12:33:17 AM »
it's awesome when you're so bored you click that link under users active and see someone printing a random thread

http://www.evilbore.com/forum/index.php?topic=17380.0

someone is printing that

and

http://www.evilbore.com/forum/index.php?topic=729.0

WHAT

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4662 on: March 16, 2010, 12:37:34 AM »
That tread reminds me that I think I once PM'ed WhiteAcid and asked if she was an outbox slut as well as an inbox slut followed by a wink.   I don't think I ever got a reply.

OptimoPeach

« Reply #4663 on: March 16, 2010, 12:43:44 AM »
That tread reminds me that I think I once PM'ed WhiteAcid and asked if she was an outbox slut as well as an inbox slut followed by a wink.   I don't think I ever got a reply.
And that reminds me of her boobs. Someone post them in the NSFW thread for me
hi5

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #4664 on: March 16, 2010, 12:48:00 AM »
:o
AMC

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #4665 on: March 16, 2010, 12:53:52 AM »
The more Boogie posts I read the more obvious it is why women don't like him.

Feel free to explain it to me.  :smug
MMA

Fresh Prince

« Reply #4666 on: March 16, 2010, 12:59:16 AM »
You dissect everything just go with the flow.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #4667 on: March 16, 2010, 01:04:30 AM »
You dissect everything just go with the flow.

'tis my nature.  I cannot be otherwise.  :-[
MMA

Fresh Prince

« Reply #4668 on: March 16, 2010, 01:09:45 AM »
Maybe instead of bars and clubs you should look more into book clubs and such where intelligence is sort of appreciated?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4669 on: March 16, 2010, 01:34:43 AM »

Applied/took the test a couple weeks ago. No word yet

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #4670 on: March 16, 2010, 02:07:45 AM »
I feel so tempted to make a Boogie date help thread titled "Women NEVER touch me": Boogie's Dilemma.
PS4

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4671 on: March 16, 2010, 03:30:31 AM »
Green Shinobi attacking one of the most well respected posters on the Bore/GAF? smh he never learns

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #4672 on: March 16, 2010, 03:31:31 AM »
popcorn.gif
AMC

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #4673 on: March 16, 2010, 03:32:16 AM »
GS is obviously kind of a dickhead and yet he gets laid, so just imagine how much of a huge dickhead that makes you, boogie.  :(

Pro-Tip: GS had to move to Korea to get action, thriving on the stereotype that Western men are more sensitive than Asian dudebros.  He's also single-handedly working to annihilate the stereotype by porking and dumping fatties, and by falcon punching bitches he gets pregnant. :rock
PS4

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #4674 on: March 16, 2010, 03:34:59 AM »
"No offense, but you're a huge asshole!"
PS4

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4675 on: March 16, 2010, 03:36:33 AM »
"no offense but you're a prick, i bet ladies don't like you" :smug

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4676 on: March 16, 2010, 03:37:52 AM »
How is that possible, I'm a virgin.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #4677 on: March 16, 2010, 03:39:08 AM »
GS really is the worst poster on EB.  :-\
PS4

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4678 on: March 16, 2010, 03:41:15 AM »

Only in the front.

Ha so original. I'd be rolling in pussy if I lived in Asia, as would most Americans. No wonder you fled there, gump  :lol

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #4679 on: March 16, 2010, 03:42:43 AM »

Only in the front.

Ha so original. I'd be rolling in pussy if I lived in Asia, as would most Americans. No wonder you fled there, gump  :lol

Nailed it.
PS4