Author Topic: Official Thread of Flogging the Log: A Place for Better Random Talk  (Read 557250 times)

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
Re: Official Thread of Flogging the Log: A Place for Better Random Talk
« Reply #1440 on: December 15, 2009, 10:34:18 AM »
Swollen lymph nodes. Something with a wound somewhere in my neck draining, and my cold probably didn't help either.

Of course, the day I plan an appointment, they are smaller when I wake up in the morning.
Making me look like a whining pantsy by the time I get there.
brb

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1441 on: December 15, 2009, 10:38:43 AM »
Swollen lymph nodes. Something with a wound somewhere in my neck draining, and my cold probably didn't help either.

Of course, the day I plan an appointment, they are smaller when I wake up in the morning.
Making me look like a whining pantsy by the time I get there.

colberticalledit.gif

glad to hear you're healthy.  swollen lymph nodes are annoying.  they make it feel like I can't stretch my neck.

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #1442 on: December 15, 2009, 10:42:58 AM »
I never knew they could be at those places in your neck.

I was pretty excited to put this to rest this morning, I was mildly freaking out for 4 days.
I've thought up several scenario's which involved me dying.

Like Kosma said:

Being a hypchonder > neck-aids
brb

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #1443 on: December 15, 2009, 10:51:16 AM »
Glad you're still alive, Rebiak.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #1444 on: December 15, 2009, 10:51:56 AM »
For now.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1445 on: December 15, 2009, 10:53:30 AM »
For now.

We're all going to die eventually, except for manabyte.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1446 on: December 15, 2009, 11:03:16 AM »
My mind is so hazy that I just can't study for this corporate law exam.

edit: I'll just answer that "the free market is free enough" for each question. That should work.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 11:04:49 AM by Harry Lime »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1447 on: December 15, 2009, 11:17:26 AM »
Don't you hate it when an album you highly anticipate comes out and it's complete shit.  :yuck
©ZH

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1448 on: December 15, 2009, 11:50:28 AM »
I'm freaking out over this final.  fuck three hours to go.

Bebpo

« Reply #1449 on: December 15, 2009, 02:12:36 PM »
Glad it wasn't anything major Rebiak :)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1450 on: December 15, 2009, 04:56:03 PM »
Roommate is starting to piss me off. He keeps to himself for the most part which I like but recently I've started having issues with respect to cleaning the house. Every day he cooks a couple times: a big breakfast for lunch, and some heated up food at dinner. Initially he'd always wash his pans after cleaning, but now he doesn't clean shit. I like listening to talk radio while cleaning the kitchen, and I really can't cook unless the kitchen is clean; in short I do lots of cleaning in there. I'm guessing he thinks I'm the designated kitchen bitch. I'll have to talk to him about this, but I don't want to sound combative or anything.

Yesterday I came home and noticed someone had taken my biscuits out the freezer and put them on the floor, where they had almost defrosted. I'm guessing it was my room mate because the biscuits had been replaced in the freezer by some food he bought.

I can't really complain about him listening to loud ass corny urban Christian music or listening to sermons from Creflo Dollar. Kinda used to that from hanging out with cousins/aunts/etc.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1451 on: December 15, 2009, 05:03:08 PM »
guy living below me is so fucking annoying.  whiny black dude who is always yelling at someone (usually his gf) or kicking shit around his apartment/slamming into walls. Today, he has been trying to call someone for the past hour...keeps yelling "pick up the phooooooone!  GRANDMA!   GRAAANDMA!!  PICK UP THE PHOOOOOOOOONE!"   :-\

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1452 on: December 15, 2009, 05:13:14 PM »
Update to my story:

What happened dude, why the rage?

I really don't know.  Maybe that is where the therapy would come in at.  I'm at a good paying job but for some reason, I feel the need to keep shooting myself in the foot.  I didn't really screw up on any of the work but my people skills with my co-workers suffered greatly.  They still do stuff for me on occasion but I can hear them talking...

Which sucks because I never really had problems with people I worked with until this job, my first career job.  Yet I am all too willing to firebomb my career with the company.  Management definitely notices but at the same time, I received a raise, bonus pay, and great reviews.  Which puzzles me a bit but I came to that realization yesterday and it was very sobering.  I feel like a complete piece of shit and I'm not sure if I can resurrect things to the way they were at the beginning.  I'll do my best to try but if I can't, I understand completely.

It's good that you're recognizing that stuff before it gets out of hand.  Maybe you can apologize to your co-workers?  If that's awkward, then just start doing little things for the people you think are the most pissed.  If you can calm down and fly straight for a few weeks, it'll be back to normal.

I apologized to the one who seemed the most pissed.  We talked for 20 minutes about various things.  We were all pretty chatty about stuff but I wasn't invited to lunch with the rest of the group  :-\  Yes, I have become that guy.

I guess there is the job transfer but it is a demotion (maybe a $8000-9000 pay cut) and I have crippling student loan debt from stupid and shitty financial decisions ($80,000).  I have nearly $20,000 in savings.  My plan might be to "live off of the savings" so to speak and put down entire paychecks towards the debt until I can get it down to more manageable levels.  The pay cut will sting because that would effectively put off paying them off for another couple of years.  The interest on my student loans are fantastic (3.1%) so if there is an opportunity to pay off as much principal as I can, now would be the time to do it before interest rates surge (if they do)

On the other hand, if I keep my job, I keep my current salary (including my new raise) but I'm in an isolated area with nothing to do and co-workers who want little to do with me.  I always had a lot of friends and never really experienced the cold shoulder before.  At first, I didn't care but as other BS kept piling up, those little rejections here and there are taking a toll.

The student loan debt is the biggest factor here.  I don't mind a pay cut but the loans man, the loans... :'(

My best strategy is to take the pay cut, start with a clean slate, hope to hell my parents will let me live with them for a few months, live off of the savings nest egg and start putting down entire paychecks towards the loans.  Then find my own place and taper off the loan payments as since they are consolidated, I can pay off little chunks of the loan so my minimums are reduced.

I've never hit this low in my life to be honest, which explains the whining.

Just needed to rant for a bit.
🍆🍆

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1453 on: December 15, 2009, 06:15:49 PM »
Bombed my final hard.  He asked ridiculous questions like "In this example I gave in class(one he a month ago) how many threads where running in it?"   

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1454 on: December 15, 2009, 06:18:31 PM »
Bombed my final hard.  He asked ridiculous questions like "In this example I gave in class(one he a month ago) how many threads where running in it?"   

That sucks.  I had a final like that.  The professor every lecture would summarize a newspaper clip and most people would tune out.  Well, on the final, 25% of the grade depended on those summaries.  He never said to take notes on them and nobody else did.  Ah well.
🍆🍆

Bebpo

« Reply #1455 on: December 15, 2009, 06:25:47 PM »
FF13 spoilers on are in the internet.  Time to unplug the ethernet cable for two weeks before Aeris dies.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1456 on: December 15, 2009, 06:34:46 PM »
OMG I think I'm well on my way to understanding estates and future interests! (um, I guess that doesn't mean anything to anyone except bebpo and malek.)  Sparknotes has an amazing summary that I wish I would've found sooner.  I'm so fucked on this property final regardless.   ::)

TEXP -- keep at it.  it's hard to dig yourself out, but hey, maybe that transfer will work out.  rant away...I'm nothing but a ball of bitch myself lately too.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1457 on: December 15, 2009, 06:42:12 PM »
OMG I think I'm well on my way to understanding estates and future interests! (um, I guess that doesn't mean anything to anyone except bebpo and malek.)  Sparknotes has an amazing summary that I wish I would've found sooner.  I'm so fucked on this property final regardless.   ::)

TEXP -- keep at it.  it's hard to dig yourself out, but hey, maybe that transfer will work out.  rant away...I'm nothing but a ball of bitch myself lately too.

Thanks.  The transfer almost sounds like a done deal.  I had a boss put in a good word and they were already talking of transfer paperwork.  I have the interview on Monday.  I just need to show that I'm willing to learn (I am) and that I would be a good fit.

I'm done with the rage but now is the anxiety.  Reading those fluff pieces on positive thinking work but it is never that easy.  I'll keep pushing forward.  Feels good getting it out.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 06:43:47 PM by T EXP »
🍆🍆

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1458 on: December 15, 2009, 06:45:26 PM »

Try to say "fee simple limited subject to a condition subsequent" five times fast.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1459 on: December 15, 2009, 07:04:18 PM »

Try to say "fee simple limited subject to a condition subsequent" five times fast.

If I die during my prop final, I leave my neogaf account to Malek so long as he only uses it to troll Nintendo fans, then to Bebpo and his heirs. 

« Reply #1460 on: December 15, 2009, 07:40:06 PM »
FF13 spoilers on are in the internet.  Time to unplug the ethernet cable for two weeks before Aeris dies.
lol
orl

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1461 on: December 15, 2009, 07:43:33 PM »

Pretty sure thats all fake...
fat

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #1462 on: December 16, 2009, 12:30:03 AM »
Going on a double date on Friday, gonna do a quick model diet and lift some iron :punch
Drunk

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1463 on: December 16, 2009, 12:31:22 AM »
Going on a double date on Friday, gonna do a quick model diet and lift some iron :punch

Yeah, that should work...
AMC

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1464 on: December 16, 2009, 12:34:05 AM »
Try eating ex-lax all week while you're at it.  I hear most of a human's body weight is in crap. 

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1465 on: December 16, 2009, 12:44:42 AM »
If there are any questions on the last three chapters of my corp casebook, I'm fucked tomorrow. The chapter on "piercing the corporate veil" is pretty unhelpful because all the cases seem to be decided on policy reasons. A few cases employ a six-part test, only to ignore the results and decide the cases on policy. Why use the test then, DAMN IT!

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1466 on: December 16, 2009, 10:23:56 AM »
80 in latin.  I was hoping for at least an 82  :-\

My average is going to get fucked from this term.  Means no summer NSERC for me  :'(

« Reply #1467 on: December 16, 2009, 10:30:56 AM »
I just ended a seven year friendship with one of my oldest college buddies because he was a dick about not de-friending my ex who he met all of twice back in April.[/spoiler]

You lost a friend of seven years because he kept her on Facebook? That sure sounds like it was worth it.
野球

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1468 on: December 16, 2009, 10:59:13 AM »
This ex has wayyyyy too much power over you...

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1469 on: December 16, 2009, 11:01:51 AM »
Your friend is probability fucking her right now just to spite you for being a dick on the facebook issue. 

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1470 on: December 16, 2009, 11:12:43 AM »
Econ final done; I think I did well. One more today, two tomorrow.

cool breeze

« Reply #1471 on: December 16, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »
I just bombed a final big time.  If this causes me to fail this class, which is a required one meaning I'd need to retake it, then...I don't know.  This is horrible.  That class was horrible.  These are my worst fears realized.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1472 on: December 16, 2009, 11:32:01 AM »
What class?

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1473 on: December 16, 2009, 12:23:08 PM »
I just aced my corporate law exam.

Also, Cute-Girl talked to me. Though I kind of wish she didn't because I have a pretty bad break out. Fucking lack of sleep.

« Reply #1474 on: December 16, 2009, 12:26:57 PM »
It wasn't. But it wasn't just about that; he also went off on me after the third time I made the request and said some pretty inexcusable shit. If we take for a given that I feel absolute hatred towards this ex, then the situation was really unavoidable, all things considered.

But dude, it's just Facebook. You let things get this heated over Facebook.

Is this ex the girl you were going to leave Korea for? Sounds like you got too invested too fast.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 12:28:30 PM by distantmantra »
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1475 on: December 16, 2009, 12:30:18 PM »

Also, Cute-Girl talked to me. Though I kind of wish she didn't because I have a pretty bad break out. Fucking lack of sleep.

Cute-Girl: how do you think you did on the test?
Malek: *runs home to post on Evilbore*

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #1476 on: December 16, 2009, 12:31:39 PM »
I just bombed a final big time.  If this causes me to fail this class, which is a required one meaning I'd need to retake it, then...I don't know.  This is horrible.  That class was horrible.  These are my worst fears realized.

i was like this monday  :-\

i have hope though.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1477 on: December 16, 2009, 12:33:27 PM »

She talked to me prior to the exam, wise guy. Though I did kind of blow her off. (It's not my fault: I haven't had a good nights rest in weeks)

She's extremely intelligent, good looking, and nice. I'm trying to figure out what the fuck is wrong with her.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1478 on: December 16, 2009, 12:33:41 PM »

What did she say?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1479 on: December 16, 2009, 12:34:50 PM »

She talked to me prior to the exam, wise guy. Though I did kind of blow her off. (It's not my fault: I haven't had a good nights rest in weeks)

Cute-Girl: how do you think you'll do on the test?

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1480 on: December 16, 2009, 12:37:21 PM »

What did she say?
We just talked about xmas, corporate law, and the fact that I haven't been to a single patents class.*

*I have no idea how I'm going to pull that off. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1481 on: December 16, 2009, 12:48:00 PM »
I can't figure out some of this prof's keys to the sample final.  fuck

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1482 on: December 16, 2009, 12:52:26 PM »
I gained 5 kilo in the last 6 months  :'(

@80 kilo now

I wouldn't feel bad. not all of that is fat.

WARTS!

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1483 on: December 16, 2009, 12:57:12 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol

Barry Egan

« Reply #1484 on: December 16, 2009, 01:03:18 PM »
Over-under on Malek leaving law school an over-confident yuppie steeped in puss?   

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1485 on: December 16, 2009, 01:13:42 PM »
probability of 1 that he leaves worse off than he came in. 

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1486 on: December 16, 2009, 01:14:33 PM »
probability of 1 that he leaves worse off than he came in. 

I don't know how that's possible.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1487 on: December 16, 2009, 01:16:44 PM »
Over-under on Malek leaving law school an over-confident yuppie steeped in puss?   

Before:

After:

Barry Egan

« Reply #1488 on: December 16, 2009, 01:18:06 PM »
one mans journey from abject lumberjack to self-actualized practitioner of the law is an arc worthy of a "Will-and-co" © script treatment, I'd say.  

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1489 on: December 16, 2009, 01:18:30 PM »
I had some random $10 extra charge on my phone bill that was unaccounted for. A call to Indian billing support did nothing, as they came up with all these reasons why the charge was there (hint: if you have to come up with more than one, it's bogus), but I guess they expected that as an American that I am unable to count - and nothing they stated added up to $10.

After I spoke to a supervisor, who told me it had to do with the fact that I wasn't paying what I should have been paying (total lunacy), I asked for his name, employee ID and supervisor. After that, he took off the charge and discounted my bill. :lol

Still, trying to sell me that it's because of some $24 S&H fee ("Uh, wouldn't I be paying $24 extra instead of, I don't know, $10?!") or a rollover activation fee or an unpaid fee from a  previous bill or what have you was pretty amusing in retrospect. If YOU don't know why it's there, don't make up reasons.
PSP

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1490 on: December 16, 2009, 01:21:05 PM »
one mans journey from abject lumberjack to self-actualized practitioner of the law is an arc worthy of a "Will-and-co" © script treatment, I'd say.  

Reverse the story for myself.  (if being a law clerk is tantamount to practicing law.)  I'ma go plant trees in canada. 

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1491 on: December 16, 2009, 01:22:42 PM »

Reverse the story for myself.  (if being a law clerk is tantamount to practicing law.)  I'ma go plant trees in canada. 

We can share a cabin Saskatchewan with Arvie. Just three dudes and some logs.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #1492 on: December 16, 2009, 01:25:58 PM »
Fuck! I'm done with call centers, I went to an interview today, waited almost 2 hours in the fucking lobby and when they called me the girl that was suppose to interview me asked what my name is and if I was willing to work on san isidro( a place that is like an hour from my home), then she told me that she didn't have anything that fits my profile and that they will come me when something is available. fml
Drunk

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1493 on: December 16, 2009, 01:27:55 PM »
LIFE/LIBERTY

(dir. Michael Bay) When lumberjack Malek McGee witnesses a brutal mafia hit, he is put into protective Canadian custody and begins to study the law. His journey takes him to the highest court in the land, where he must confront his past and prosecute the very men that turned his life upside down. But when a femme fatale threatens to tear his life apart, McGee learns that his most dangerous enemy is... inside himself.
PSP

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1494 on: December 16, 2009, 01:29:34 PM »
Plot twist: the enemy inside himself actually turns out to be a midget hiding in his over grown beard. 

Robo

« Reply #1495 on: December 16, 2009, 01:31:12 PM »
It's a Fantastic Voyage sequel.
obo

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1496 on: December 16, 2009, 01:39:58 PM »

Sounds like we won't get cold during the winter  8)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1497 on: December 16, 2009, 02:03:40 PM »
I'ma going to get a solid 76 on this final.  I can feel it. 

drew

• sy
« Reply #1498 on: December 16, 2009, 02:14:14 PM »
I gained 5 kilo in the last 6 months  :'(

@80 kilo now

thats a lot of coke!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:smug
[close]

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
« Reply #1499 on: December 16, 2009, 02:20:44 PM »

Sounds like we won't get cold during the winter  8)

It would be a 3 man night
XDF