Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 945607 times)

Himu

Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread - WWE Network launches, ROH and NJPW cross promotion
« Reply #780 on: February 27, 2014, 10:48:53 PM »
who the fuck is kd
IYKYK

« Reply #781 on: February 27, 2014, 10:56:05 PM »
think he means Kevin Dunn. never bought those rumors, at least as they exist in modern WWE. seems too easy to put out there. maybe a once or twice off kinda thing?

Anyway Arrival was dope as hell and a great roadtest for mania

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #782 on: February 27, 2014, 11:50:02 PM »
Well, he may not actually be fucking the lot of them, but he's generally considered to be a big part of why the division is all models who can't perform in ring for shit.
Hi

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #783 on: February 28, 2014, 12:40:35 AM »
Great show. Future of WWE is bright. Can't wait till some of these current dudes like Big Slow, RBO, and Cena retire.

Is this comment your subtle tribute to Harold Ramis, comparing the plight of optimistic wrestling fans to that of Bill Murray in Groundhog Day?

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #784 on: February 28, 2014, 09:01:22 AM »
One thing I was pretty amazed by is the fact that I saw a wrestling move that I'd never seen or heard of before from the woman's match. The scorpion cross hold looked amazing.

Please get Paige up and pair her again AJ! Black Widow vs. Scorpion! Do it! DO IT!
nat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #785 on: February 28, 2014, 10:48:06 AM »
That NXT show took a huge dump all over the "main roster" shows.  So much better, for the most part.  I didn't like that hippie guy (CJ Parker?)  Horrible gimmick, stupid look.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #786 on: February 28, 2014, 11:07:00 AM »
Nxt has been better than the main roster for like a minute dude. I've been saying to watch nxt if you are an actual wrestling fan for about a year and a half. It has the best feuds, it has the best wrestling, it has the best characters.

And yeah, that move Paige did was amazing. I thought she was going to do the scorpion deathlock or sharpshooter. Then she pulled out that move and it looked actually painful.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:09:17 AM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #787 on: February 28, 2014, 11:34:32 AM »
The show also took a massive dump on whatever garbage TNA is producing on Thursdays.
nat

Himu

« Reply #788 on: February 28, 2014, 11:40:32 AM »
I hope they make NXT live on Thursdays just to shit on TNA.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #789 on: February 28, 2014, 02:16:17 PM »
http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1z6j44/hhh_michael_cole_dave_kapoor_lead_writer/

Interesting tidbits. Vince could have just signed for an actual channel and gave cable the finger.

"We're not a wrestling company anymore. We do wrestling, sure, but we're an entertainment company." :snoop
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #790 on: February 28, 2014, 03:06:43 PM »
Nxt has been better than the main roster for like a minute dude. I've been saying to watch nxt if you are an actual wrestling fan for about a year and a half. It has the best feuds, it has the best wrestling, it has the best characters.

And yeah, that move Paige did was amazing. I thought she was going to do the scorpion deathlock or sharpshooter. Then she pulled out that move and it looked actually painful.

Lots of people have been saying that.  I don't have Hulu Plus though.

The show also took a massive dump on whatever garbage TNA is producing on Thursdays.

Well, that goes without saying.   :lol

I hope they make NXT live on Thursdays just to shit on TNA.

Why bother?  Tapes NXT will still kill it!

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1z6j44/hhh_michael_cole_dave_kapoor_lead_writer/

Interesting tidbits. Vince could have just signed for an actual channel and gave cable the finger.

"We're not a wrestling company anymore. We do wrestling, sure, but we're an entertainment company." :snoop

Without clicking on the link, is that an old quote?  Because recently there has been a clear shift towards more matches and less promos/backstage crap.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #791 on: February 28, 2014, 03:08:00 PM »
Nope. Cole said it at the event.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #792 on: February 28, 2014, 03:39:31 PM »
My girl Emma looked great last night. Here's hoping they let her go all out on Raw.

Number one trend worldwide

:bow :whoo

IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
watching Punk/Taker at WM29

just realized Punk is wearing Taker's original colors, black, grey and purple.
nat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Never watched any WCW PPVs, so I'm checking out some of those.  Skipped through Bash '96 to see the Outsiders and now watching the follow-up, Hog Wild 1996.  This is a painful PPV to watch.  Awful outdoor setting and production values.  WTF were they thinking?   :yuck
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:02:08 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

Himu

Yeah. Watching starcade 97 I started to see everything wrong with wcw as far back as 97. They deserved to go out at this point.
IYKYK

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
do they have 70s NWA stuff? I want to see Dusty Rhodes get his head slammed in a car door by the 4 Horsemen
sup

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
just do ur selfs a favor and bookmark this

https://sites.google.com/site/chrisharrington/mookieghana-prowrestlingstatistics/four_stars_plus_ppv

then go watch shield vs team hell no ryback from tlc 2012
USA

Himu

I already watched Shield vs Team Hell No/Ryback at TLC. It was match of the year.
IYKYK

Himu

Wrestlemania 2013 is on that list. That list is bunk.
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
It's a list of recommended matches, not entire PPV's.  If you scroll down, you see that the only thing they recommend from WM2013 is Undertaker vs. CM Punk.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
just do ur selfs a favor and bookmark this

https://sites.google.com/site/chrisharrington/mookieghana-prowrestlingstatistics/four_stars_plus_ppv

then go watch shield vs team hell no ryback from tlc 2012

mookie is awesome
itm

Himu

I haven't watched Raw in over a month, but tonight was in Chicago so I had to watch to see what WWE would do to respond to the Chicago crowd without Punk.

And I don't regret it.

First hour opens up with a fantastic promo by Paul HeyMANNNNNNNNNNN.

Then you get a fun but short BaROCK LEZZZZNARRRRRRRRRRR and Mark Henry match. Okay, that wasn't a bad opener.

We got a Big E and Cesaro match.

Then we get New Age Outlaws vs The Usos and the Usos FINALLY win the belts.

After that, the big one. The Shield vs The Wyatt's, 6 man tag. Amazing match top to bottom. They told is so well it didn't feel formulaic or rehearsed and I forgot wrestling was fake because I was so absorbed into what was going on screen. Every single member of both factions got some good work in and looked AWESOME. The Shield especially looked amazing. Seth Rollins is going to be the next Jeff Hardy. Dude did this about three or four over the top jumps in about thirty seconds; it was crazy. Reigns looked his good usual self. Ambrose showed promise as a top heel because his pummels and technical wrestling. His figure four is beautiful. Not only that, but it had a turn. The storytelling in this match was fantastic. When it's up on youtube, I'm gong to link it because you guys HAVE TO SEE THIS MATCH AND IT'S REAL TO ME DAMMIT. :tocry

It's almost hour three, and they've done match after match after match. Almost nothing but matches, very few promos, and whatever promos they do have are brief (30 seconds at most) outside of intro promo. Almost all storytelling tonight is told through matches. What promos they do have aren't in-ring promos but oldschool backstage interviews. Classic I'm going to kick your ass, no I'M going to kick your ass shit.

Wow, it's like they took the NXT formula and applied it to Raw. It's heavily action-based and extremely focused tonight.

If only Raw were like this every week.

Holy shit, ANOTHER MATCH. How many matches are we up to now?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 01:27:50 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Himu

Also fuck green man christian vs sheamus is fucking boring status.

And of course, the rest of the show is shit. If you're going to watch, just watch hour one. Back to not paying attention to non-NXT programming. btw that Chicago crowd sucked.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:26:52 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

I just want the Shield and the Wyatts to feud forever. That's my only real wrestling wish. I enjoy the good shit, I enjoy the hilariously bad shit. But Shield/Wyatts is too good every time.

Himu

Watched a few WWF Attitude Era ppvs tonight.

:trash

Misogynistic. Hardcore "wrestling" is garbage and barely constitutes as wrestling. It's a bunch of guys beating each other up backstage or outside, and it's boring, high spot, shock value bullshit. Crap matches. Terrible, immature storylines.

Nostalgia is a helluva thing. I'd rather watch today's stuff than be subjected to the likes of The Oddities, Right To Censor, and redneck hardcore "wrestling."

*Goes back to watching 80's WWF*
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:15:57 AM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Himu

It seems like, they had a lot of great ideas. But we forget about a lot of the bad ones. The more I watch older stuff the more I realize that there's probably no era of wrestling that had perfect booking and that most of it isn't always particularly good. So dressing down companies for not being perfect seems to almost be pointless, as wrestling appears to be cyclical.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:42:19 AM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Oddities entrance was over, but that was about it.

I miss Dick Togo :(
itm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

Wow, it's like they took the NXT formula and applied it to Raw. It's heavily action-based and extremely focused tonight.

Told you.  That's why the Michael Cole quote made no sense to me.  It's been like this for a few weeks now...noticeably heavier on actual matches and match length.  I didn't watch it, but Main Event was live last night on the Network and had an 18 minute Bryan/Kane match.

Also fuck green man christian vs sheamus is fucking boring status.

Green Man said that is a good match?   :lol  Christian needs to retire already and Sheamus is beyond boring now.

btw that Chicago crowd sucked.

Yeah.  They weren't as vocal as I'd hoped.

Reports of this week's Smackdown taping indicated a completely dead crowd.
ど助平

Himu

green man didn't say the match was good but he's a christian fan so i'm going to give him guff.

here's the shield and wyatts match from raw. It isn't the full match because WWE are stupid and edited it into a fucking 4 minute video. :snoop They didn't show the part where Seth goes ALL IN for like 30 seconds or when Ambrose did this AMAZING figure four godDAMMIT.

As for action-focus, I bet it was just to please the Chitown crowd.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 01:14:34 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Himu

Alright.

Here's WWE match of the year contender (there's a lot of contender so far :obama) in full:

http://vimeo.com/88145167
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
I was listening to the Stone Cold podcast interview with John Cena and it was pretty interesting. Dude seems real chill and super dedicated to the business. He was also talking about how WWE is going to be moving heavy towards in-ring action as they try and move into China and other non-English speaking countries.

I guess that's cool but I hope it doesn't lead to just having a bunch of dudes who aren't good with the mic. Hopefully they still keep guys that can keep me interested with good characters and good mic work.

Anyone else listen to that pod? Looking for recommendations on which interviews are the best...

Himu

I don't think you'll have much of a problem. The guys who can work good matches these days can also talk. For the most part.

I don't listen to that podcast but I'm going to start.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
Yeah going by NXT, the guys I like seem to also be pretty cool. Tyler Breeze as a character just cracks me up. Bo Dallas seems good too. Rusev is just random giant dude but I like the Eastern Euro Giant/Monster shtick when it's done well.

EDIT: As far as Stone Cold pod he seems to have two. One "clean" one for interviews and an "uncensored" one for just shooting the shit and interviews with guys who don't have to keep a family friendly image. Gonna listen to the interviews with people I like and then branch out from there.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:02:22 PM by nachobro »

nachobro

• Live Más
Ooh, an episode with JR from last year after he "retired". That should be a fun one!  :lol

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Tyler Breeze is the future of the wwe
USA

Himu

Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread - SLOW BURN
« Reply #816 on: March 13, 2014, 05:26:24 AM »
So no posts about this?

I didn't watch raw of course so I missed it.

Daniel is going to beat HHH at mania so we're going to have Orton vs Batista vs Bryan at the main event.

:obama

You've brought me back as a viewer, WWE. :obama Thank you for not succumbing to that god awful original main event plan.

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #817 on: March 13, 2014, 05:34:49 AM »
Actually, I've already won. Orton vs Batista main event at WM30 was going to suck and be in top 5 worst main events of all time. You'd have to be dumb to watch it with that card. Now they've got a battle royal, and Bryan is going to be added to the main event match. Along with the Shield vs Wyatts 3, Bryan vs HHH, Undertaker vs Lesnar, thats a pretty stacked card.

Anyone who thinks Bryan is going to win the belt at mania is a dummy anyways. Batista is going to win the belt, and then market his movie with it, but at least Mania itself won't be a total disaster and seems worth watching.

How WWE treats the 30th year to its most important show is very important to me. Why should I give them money if they can't respect their own tradition? By not making the main event Orton vs Batista, they've already fixed the main issue that was on everyone's minds.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:14:51 AM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Trent Dole

« Reply #818 on: March 15, 2014, 03:26:38 AM »
Can't be more boring than 29 was, can it?
Hi

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #819 on: March 15, 2014, 07:56:19 AM »
So no posts about this?

Daniel is going to beat HHH at mania so we're going to have Orton vs Batista vs Bryan at the main event.

You've brought me back as a viewer, WWE. :obama Thank you for not succumbing to that god awful original main event plan.

what's so appealing about the hobo guy? just seems like the pepsi generation's john cena.

i like the deliverance dude they keep rolling out in a porch chair though, even if the promo i heard was ripped straight from true detective.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 07:58:30 AM by headwalk »

Himu

« Reply #820 on: March 15, 2014, 04:51:45 PM »
Daniel Bryan is going to do Triple H the favor.

Kane, Brad Maddox, Shawn Michaels, X-PAC, they'll all come out there and hit finishers on Bryan so he'll lose.

Triple H wouldn't even do Punk a favor during their feud and in that match Triple H also had the time to beat up The Miz, R Truth, and Kevin Nash. He made the entire thing a vehicle for his COO storyline and failure feud with crackle knees Nash.

WMXXX is a going to be a disaster. Batista vs Orton was just the fecal-matter cherry on top.

Bryan is going over HHH. The wouldn't create the stipulation if he wasn't. This is basic wrestling logic.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #821 on: March 15, 2014, 05:01:15 PM »
So no posts about this?

what's so appealing about the hobo guy? just seems like the pepsi generation's john cena.

i like the deliverance dude they keep rolling out in a porch chair though, even if the promo i heard was ripped straight from true detective.

Dude is a hard worker and a crowd pleaser and is the best wrestler on the current WWE roster aside from Cesaro. John Cena won't and can't do a AAA 40 minute iron man match against three (or was it four?) people in a row on free tv (RAW).
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #822 on: March 29, 2014, 05:08:55 PM »

:ohhh
dog

Trent Dole

« Reply #823 on: March 29, 2014, 10:42:45 PM »
Some of the PSP goons have viewed that Scooby movie and they all say it is amazing.
Hi

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #824 on: March 29, 2014, 10:48:56 PM »
I watched it. It's alright, pretty dumb.
USA

spindashing

« Reply #825 on: March 29, 2014, 11:34:10 PM »
The thing that really gets me is HHH carrying the belt on the title image.

breh can't stop himself
ʘ‿ʘ

Himu

« Reply #826 on: March 30, 2014, 12:09:13 AM »
IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #827 on: March 30, 2014, 10:00:38 AM »
n e 1 else here using the netwok alot? i watched the raw with evil doink vs savage nad marked out hardcore
USA

Himu

« Reply #828 on: March 30, 2014, 11:45:52 AM »
Watching old WWF footage...that is actually Piper.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #829 on: April 01, 2014, 08:16:17 AM »
That was a pretty weak pre-WM RAW.  Guess WWE doesn't care as much now that they have so many people locked into the Network.
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #830 on: April 01, 2014, 07:57:40 PM »
Triple H is the GOAT heel :rejoice

I think Kurt Angle's the GOAT, to be honest.

Himu

« Reply #831 on: April 01, 2014, 09:24:44 PM »
That Yes movement promo where they put over HHH is :dead
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #832 on: April 02, 2014, 01:25:33 PM »
:bow Batista not giving a fuck :bow2

They cut out the part where he doesn't know what Twitter is called.   :(
ど助平

El Babua

« Reply #833 on: April 02, 2014, 04:28:46 PM »
Brotista is hilarious. He should throw out his scripts every week.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #834 on: April 06, 2014, 03:23:30 PM »
streams? we in the Network era, bruh.
nat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #835 on: April 06, 2014, 04:36:21 PM »
Pre-show starts at 5:00 PM EST on the Network.  Two hours.  :dead

Mania is what...four hours?   :dizzy

I'm off tomorrow so I guess it's fine.

streams? we in the Network era, bruh.

Better get ready for a stream when the Network blows up due to too many viewers.  :teehee

But yeah, Network for me.  Hope it goes off without a hitch.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
My bad- the pre-show at 5:00 PM EST is on everything (Youtube, WWE.com, etc.), but the second hour is Network-exclusive.  Shouldn't it be the other way around? 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
LOL, the preshow match is Network-exclusive.  Way to sell the PPV, WWE! 

So far the Network stream is great. 
ど助平

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
someone link the irc channel plz
nat