Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 946531 times)

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread - A+ Wrestlemania, Vince PLEASE STEP DOWN
« Reply #900 on: April 06, 2014, 11:43:43 PM »
USA

Himu

« Reply #901 on: April 06, 2014, 11:48:36 PM »
IYKYK

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #902 on: April 06, 2014, 11:51:22 PM »
longer gif (pin + reactions)

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #903 on: April 06, 2014, 11:54:31 PM »
Heyman's reaction made me think for just a moment. Just a single moment that he genuinely didn't know Brock was gonna win.
nat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #904 on: April 07, 2014, 12:00:19 AM »
WWE hasn't shocked it's fans that hard in like.... forever.
nat

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #906 on: April 07, 2014, 12:02:11 AM »

:lol

Himu

« Reply #907 on: April 07, 2014, 12:02:27 AM »
They got every wrestling fan talking about this. :bow

Everyone gonna tune in for tomorrow.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #908 on: April 07, 2014, 12:31:01 AM »
Dunno how you could say that after tonight when everyone "knew" Undertaker was going to win and that Bryan was going to lose.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #909 on: April 07, 2014, 12:41:10 AM »
Seems pretty clear to me after WM30  and the other stuff recently, they are going in a different direction.

Every single star  from the Attitude Era who wrestled tonight got beaten. Every one. Our champion? A young star. The winner of the battle royal? A young star who beat an Attitude Era star for it. Shield squashed Kane + NAO. Bork beat Undertaker's streak. HHH lost to Bryan, clean.

Every single match aside from the Diva's match has the same theme: in with the new, out with the old.

It's okay to be cynical, because WWE have bred us to be like that, but this definitely seems like a deliberate message to their fans.

I don't know what to say, and with no CM Punk, and Alberto Del Rio leaving soon, spot for a top heel is open.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:44:20 AM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

El Babua

« Reply #910 on: April 07, 2014, 01:51:23 AM »
Good show, Mr. HHH, good show.

Himu

« Reply #911 on: April 07, 2014, 08:57:53 AM »
I know that what Exodus said has possibility of coming true but dammit. It is now morning and I gotta say, that's my favorite Wrestlemania ever. I saw this comment on bleacher report and I just had to share.

This will go down as one of the greatest and most memorable Wrestlemania's of all time. Played with all your emotions, made you laugh, made you cry, made you smile, made you cheer, made you sigh. We saw the end for many legends (Hogan Rock & Austin together one last time in one ring, Undertaker, possibly New Age Outlaws) while seeing the beginning of the next generation of WWE (the Shield, Bray Wyatt, Cesaro, Usos, Daniel Bryan). We saw the greatest thing in the history of wrestling end tonight. We saw fantastic wrestlers putting on fantastic wrestling matches that kept us emotionally invested. And most of all, we finally got to see our guy, Daniel Bryan, get his moment. Wrestlemania 30 represented the past, present and future of WWE. It entertained you and toyed with all of your emotions. This pay-per-view is exactly why we are wrestling fans. It reminded us of why we watch wrestling. This is why I love the WWE. There is absolutely nothing like it. (yes I posted this on another article, but I felt it was relevant to this one as well)
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #912 on: April 07, 2014, 10:39:58 AM »
If what was said is true and this WM was completely directed by Steph and HHH, then I'm pretty excited about the future. It stinks that Punk had to leave because THIS is the time for someone like him to really shine.
nat

Himu

« Reply #913 on: April 07, 2014, 10:47:45 AM »
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #914 on: April 07, 2014, 10:50:35 AM »
Man people are PISSED about Undertaker. 3 of my coworkers came into work mad as fuck about that shit.  :lol

Himu

« Reply #915 on: April 07, 2014, 10:59:55 AM »

I'm worried bout Randy. :lupe
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:04:23 AM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #916 on: April 07, 2014, 11:06:07 AM »
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #917 on: April 07, 2014, 04:14:07 PM »
ohhh snap i didn't realize WM30 was already up on the network.
nat

Himu

« Reply #918 on: April 07, 2014, 04:17:47 PM »
niccas are going crazy about Taker losing to Brock. They are treating wrestling like it's real or get offended because Brock is a part timer while ignoring the fact that the decision still created one of the most shocking match finales in the history of our sport (tm) and that Wrestlemania 30 was well rounded in terms of storylines and emotion.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #919 on: April 07, 2014, 04:22:33 PM »
So Heyman and Brock gonna show up on Raw tonight and demand Bryan's ass at Extreme Rules, right?

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #920 on: April 07, 2014, 05:35:05 PM »
I thought WM30 was pretty good. None of the matches were spectacular MotY candidates, but there was plenty of good wrestling on display.

I have no problem with somebody breaking the streak and I have no problem with Brock being the guy to do it, but the WWE shot themselves in the foot with how they've used Brock up to this point. He came in as a monster and generated a ton of interest, and then... Cena beat him in his first match. That did a lot of damage to him, but the final nail in the coffin was his loss to Triple H at last year's WrestleMania. He's just not a big deal any more, and now he's going to break the streak? I don't know, I just think the WWE is going to have to spend a lot of time rebuilding him if he's going to take over Taker's position as 'the final boss' of the WWE.

Aside from that, I think Brock could actually be a great choice to break the streak. They don't have to worry about him burning out and quitting again, nor do they have to worry about injuries because he only works a few times a year. What I would do is build Brock as an unstoppable monster that runs through every star in company until a new guy comes along that has the potential to break out as a top star - somebody who could really benefit from finally slaying Brock (Roman Reigns, for example). So I think this could work as long as the WWE does everything in their power to protect Brock.

My match ratings & comments:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Usos vs. Los Matadores vs. Rybaxel vs. The Real Americans: ***3/4 - Really good match, especially once it came down to The Real Americans and The Usos.
Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H: ****1/4 -The WWE's MotN for me.
The Shield vs. NAO & Kane: 1/2* - Short squash, but The Shield looked good.
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt: **3/4 - Not bad, but nothing about it was particularly good. Cena winning here was also completely unnecessary. I know that they're probably going to have a rematch at the next PPV and Bray's going to win that one, but nobody cares. The WrestleMania match is always 10x more important, and the wrong guy won.
Andre Battle Royal: *** - Started out dull with quick eliminations left and right, but there were several cool spots throughout the match. Cesaro winning by bodyslamming The Big Show over the top rope an awesome finish, too.
The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar: *** - The match itself was pretty bad, honestly. I'm only giving it a good rating for the unforgettable finish.
Divas Invitational: ** - Not a good match, but it was much better than it probably should have been considering the participants.
Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Batista: **** - I need to rewatch this, but I thought it was a great match. Bryan finally gets his big win at the biggest show of the year and everybody's happy. Except for Randy Orton, who nearly Shawn Michaels'd himself on a monitor. Hopefully he can still walk tomorrow.
[close]

NJPW also had a PPV this weekend - Invasion Attack. I thought it was just as good as WM30, if not slightly better.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Prince Devitt's probably on his way to the WWE to play Sheamus' little cousin Fergie McDivitt and AJ Styles came in as his replacement. Not a bad trade if you ask me.

Tanahashi also lost the IC championship to Nakamura, which really surprised me. Having Nakamura choose to go after the IC champion instead of Okada's IWGP championship was the perfect way to plant the seeds for their inevitable match, which I thought would happen at the Yokohama show in May. But I guess they're going to put that on hold for a while now that Nakamura has regained the IC championship. Tanahashi's IC title run was also a missed opportunity, in my opinion. Sure, he had a few great matches with Nakamura, but they could've had him run through the roster and help some other guys get over. I mean, he could have had great, meaningful matches with Goto, Ishii, AJ, Shibata, Suzuki, and Naito before dropping the title to any one of them, but they kinda blew it. Oh well, I'm still really interested in seeing where he goes from here. As good as the Nakamura and Okada matches were, I'd like to see something a little more fresh.

As for the show, it was typical NJPW with a meh undercard and a great second half:

The Young Bucks vs. Kota Ibushi & El Desperado: ***1/4 - Fun opener. I love the Bucks' kliq shenanigans and Kota Ibushi is just absolutely awesome, so I knew I'd like this going in.
Jax Dane & Rob Conway vs. Ten-Koji: ** - The NWA wrestlers are so boring and Kojima & Tenzan are too old and beaten up to carry them through an exciting match. Bruce Tharpe will always be awesome, though.
Takashi Iizuka & Toru Yano vs. Daniel & Rolles Gracie: DUD - All of these guys suck. I like how Iizuka harasses Nogami at every show and Yano's antics can be fun, but their matches are never any good. Add the Gracies to the mix and you have a recipe for the worst tag match of the year!
Prince Devitt vs. Ryusuke Taguchi: ***1/2 - Pretty good, but nothing special. The highlight of the match was one of the announcers shouting, "YOUNGU BUCKS, PLEASE GO HOMU!"
Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga vs. Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASH: **3/4 - Meh
Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito: ****1/2 - Not as good as their match from 2/11 (which is still my MotY), but I'd say this was best match of weekend. Naito and Ishii just work extremely well together.
Bullet Club (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) (c) vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata: ***3/4 - Pretty good match up until the ending sequence, which was fantastic. I'm a big Shibata fan so I was a little disappointed to see him lose here. Hopefully he and Goto will win the belts somewhere down the line.
Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura: ****1/2 - Tanahashi is the best in the world and Nakamura isn't far behind. I love how all three of their matches have been completely different from one another, yet all were great in their own way. I didn't enjoy this quite as much as their second match (from 2/9), but I do think that it was just as good.
[close]

So yeah, I'd say this has been a good weekend for wrasslin.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 05:37:46 PM by iconoclast »
BiSH

Himu

« Reply #921 on: April 07, 2014, 05:40:42 PM »
I don't think there was a five star match. But I do think it has lots five star moments. Plus I don't think there was a bad match and there were at least 3 four star matches (HHH vs Bryan, Battle Royal, Bryan vs Batista vs orton). Bray vs Cena had fun storytelling, fun squash match, divas match was decent, Undertaker vs Lesnar was the worst match but the last five minutes and the ending were great.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #922 on: April 07, 2014, 05:45:28 PM »
I think it was mostly a coherent Wrestlemania when most people expected a mess. It also had a nice flow to it which Wrestlemanias often struggle with. The smartest move they made was making the Triple H/Bryan match the first real match. It brought excitement and interest right out of the gate. For me it was just an okay Wrestlemania because I didn't think there were any all time classic matches but it was better than they normally are.

Himu

« Reply #923 on: April 07, 2014, 05:48:18 PM »
What wins me over is that I was emotionally involved. I haven't been so emotionally involved in wrestling since I was a teenager. But a lot of the moments really went well with me. It helps that a lot of my favorites (Cesaro, Shield, Bryan) came out looking extra hot.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #924 on: April 07, 2014, 06:32:34 PM »
I can definitely see that. How many minutes total did Bryan work last night? He's done 30 minutes on Raw before, and he's done one hour iron man matches in the indies. Did he wrestle for more than hour, both matches combined?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #925 on: April 07, 2014, 07:01:11 PM »
Icono, are you excited or NJPW x ROH? :hyper
IYKYK

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #926 on: April 07, 2014, 07:31:29 PM »
I thought WM30 was easily the best one from the last 7+ years. Most of the recent WMs have honestly been pretty bad, with pretty much nothing worth seeing outside of the HBK and/or Undertaker matches. 30 on the other hand was actually pretty good from start to finish. And the WWE deserves credit for not wasting a lot of time on silly backstage skits or musical performances like they usually do.

I came soooooo close to going to the NY show, but it would have cost me like $400 and I can't drop that much money on wrestling without knowing how good the card will be in advance. But muh one and only chance to see Tanahashi, Nakamura, Okada, Liger, etc. live... :'( :'(

I'm glad I'll get to see it on PPV at least.
BiSH

Himu

« Reply #927 on: April 07, 2014, 07:56:45 PM »
RAW AFTER MANIA
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #928 on: April 07, 2014, 08:16:08 PM »
HHH vs D bry

:leon
IYKYK

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #929 on: April 07, 2014, 09:05:54 PM »

so tickets to this aren't too expensive, is this something where i could walk in cold and at just enjoy it from the physical / spectacle aspect or would i be lost like with Wrestling is / Chikara?
Tonya

Himu

« Reply #930 on: April 07, 2014, 09:18:17 PM »
It is a once in a life time thing. Go. Don't worry about storyline it is a one tine thing.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #931 on: April 07, 2014, 10:21:08 PM »
WHY DID THEY MAKE PAIGE LOOK WEAK WHEN SHE CAN GO WITH AJ?!?!
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #932 on: April 07, 2014, 10:46:49 PM »
OMG CESARO X HEYMAN  :o

WHY DID THEY MAKE PAIGE LOOK WEAK WHEN SHE CAN GO WITH AJ?!?!

That was an awful, awful debut.  Dunno what happened there.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #933 on: April 07, 2014, 11:12:00 PM »
I marked out hard when the Shield jumped up on the ring apron and they teased them versus Orton, Bootista, and Kane.

It's so weird seeing a main event picture with eight guys and Cena is not one of them. 
ど助平

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #934 on: April 07, 2014, 11:14:19 PM »
SHIELD
nat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #935 on: April 07, 2014, 11:22:57 PM »

:bow2
nat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #936 on: April 07, 2014, 11:32:11 PM »

nat

Himu

« Reply #937 on: April 08, 2014, 12:33:30 AM »
That dude in the crowd with the sting makeup who looked like :beli all night had me :dead
IYKYK

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #938 on: April 08, 2014, 12:53:54 AM »
Looks like they're setting up The Shield vs. Evolution. That should be great, but if Orton, Batista, and Triple H are tied up with The Shield, then who does that leave Bryan to feud with? I guess they could just mix and match for now and wait until Bryan has a new opponent before doing the 3v3.

I'm also glad that Cesaro is finally getting a big push, but it's weird seeing Heyman represent him and Brock at the same time. And speaking of Heyman, that streak promo was godly. He has to be the best talker in the WWE by a huge margin. :bow

so tickets to this aren't too expensive, is this something where i could walk in cold and at just enjoy it from the physical / spectacle aspect or would i be lost like with Wrestling is / Chikara?

I don't know much about Chikara and I don't really follow ROH, but I don't think you'd be lost. I'm assuming that they're just going to try and deliver good wrestling on both of these crossover shows, so I wouldn't worry about storylines or anything like that.
BiSH

Himu

« Reply #939 on: April 08, 2014, 12:57:13 AM »
I think you're wrong, Icono. It seems to be Shield vs Batista, Orton, and Kane. With Bryan against HHH.

Maybe Kane will call in the Ascension to go up against the Shield.
IYKYK

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #940 on: April 08, 2014, 01:11:49 AM »
That'll work for now, but I think they have to do Evolution vs. The Shield eventually. It would be such a waste if they left that match on the table.
BiSH

Himu

« Reply #941 on: April 08, 2014, 01:15:05 AM »
Agreed. I don't see the authority angle lasting too much longer either. Seems it's on its death knells.
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #943 on: April 08, 2014, 02:47:00 AM »

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #944 on: April 08, 2014, 08:03:19 AM »

I don't know much about Chikara

Chikara is crazy town.

It's like... Luchador meets Saturday Morning Cartoons
Tonya

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #945 on: April 08, 2014, 07:54:05 PM »
Raw was amazing. :bow finally great to see sexy beautiful paige and glad they didnt make her into a ditz to the extreme like emma was treated. also Ruschev :bow

lana is the sexiest women in the world
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #946 on: April 08, 2014, 08:25:26 PM »
USA

Himu

« Reply #947 on: April 09, 2014, 12:23:02 AM »
http://www.wwe.com/inside/ultimate-warrior-passes-away-26223975

what the FUCK

He was just there on Raw last night!
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread - Ultimate Warrior passes away; RIP *shakes ropes*
« Reply #948 on: April 09, 2014, 12:33:37 AM »
Damn. RIP Warrior  :(

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #949 on: April 09, 2014, 12:35:59 AM »
Having fulfilled his mission here on earth, he has departed back to his home planet, in parts unknown.

Himu

« Reply #950 on: April 09, 2014, 12:36:55 AM »
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #951 on: April 09, 2014, 12:39:28 AM »

The thinking on Twitter seems to be that this was basically a suicide note.
AMC

El Babua

« Reply #952 on: April 09, 2014, 01:24:24 AM »
:tocry

Himu

« Reply #953 on: April 09, 2014, 02:42:10 AM »
Or maybe he was terminally ill and it just was hidden from the fanbase?

In any case, that Raw was the highest rated Raw since Raw 1000.

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/7977379/

:dead
IYKYK

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #955 on: April 09, 2014, 05:40:55 AM »
Was walking to his car and collapsed. Sounds like your standard steroid death

The speech the night before sounded creepy but that's just the way he talks

He was my first rasslin hero and got me into wrestling as young lad. Was glad to see him make amends with everyone this weekend, feel sad for his family :(
itm

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #956 on: April 09, 2014, 06:36:44 AM »
Dude looked absolutely wrecked at the HOF and on Raw. He could barely walk. I think his health was clearly in dire straits and both he and the WWE knew, which is why they put him in the HOF this year.
nat

Himu

« Reply #957 on: April 09, 2014, 12:56:05 PM »
What a week to be a wrestling fan.

Hogan, Rock, and Austin in the same ring. Jake the Snake, Razor Ramon, Ultimate Warrior, Lita, Mr. T going in the hall of fame when everyone thought Jake and Scott would have died a long time ago. Piper shakes hands with Mr. T?! Daniel Bryan, our guy, beats HHH clean. People actually thought he'd lose. He goes on to win the championship later that night, clean. The devastation of the streak ending. AJ getting her Wrestlemania moment. Bray living up to his hype, Cesaro pushing over the Big Show, a restructuring in the Diva's division and a new Diva champ, Cesaro x Heyman, all of those young stars we love finally getting their chance to shine, Warrior saying goodbye with one last promo and then unexpectedly dying the next day.

All this in four days. Jesus Christ. And I haven't even seen the NJPW ppv yet.

Cherish this shit, guys. :(
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:58:15 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #958 on: April 09, 2014, 01:03:25 PM »
Yeah, dude looked extremely out of breath and shaky in those vids from the past few days
sup

Himu

« Reply #959 on: April 09, 2014, 01:04:28 PM »
He looked realllll red when leaving the ring on Monday.
IYKYK