Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 945640 times)

archie4208

Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread
« Reply #2040 on: March 29, 2015, 06:49:58 PM »
Let's have Big Show win the Andre Battle Royal.  Everyone knows he needs the push.  :derp

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #2041 on: March 29, 2015, 07:57:04 PM »
I liked the tag match as a fun, fast-paced opener. The ladder match was good, but not all that special. Nobody really did any crazy spots aside from maybe Cody and Ambrose, who looked like he broke his neck from the powerbomb. Orton/Rollins wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but the finish was fucking awesome. I'm sure there's already a gif of it somewhere.

LOL at the shot of Sting's face after Triple H's entrance. He had 'wtf was that shit' written all over it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 08:03:46 PM by iconoclast »
BiSH

archie4208

« Reply #2042 on: March 29, 2015, 08:07:32 PM »
Triple H's entrance :rofl

Shit was AWFUL

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2043 on: March 29, 2015, 08:29:52 PM »
HHH's entrance would have been fine if he didn't have that dumb plastic "armor" on.   :lol

I liked the pre-show matches but didn't really care much for the first few matches.  Sting/HHH was fun though.  I liked all the run-ins.  Can't believe that HHH won. 
ど助平

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #2044 on: March 29, 2015, 08:44:08 PM »
:snoop
YMMV

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2045 on: March 29, 2015, 09:04:49 PM »
Wait...Cena said to Rusev, "You have the right to free speech, but you do not have the right to degrade this country."

Uh, Cena...?
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2046 on: March 29, 2015, 09:08:34 PM »
That Rusev entrance  :lol Is it 1985?

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2047 on: March 29, 2015, 09:08:58 PM »
Every time I see that giant Pepsi symbol, I keep thinking Punk is coming back.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2048 on: March 29, 2015, 09:14:37 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

JOHN CENA SUCKS, JOHN CENA SUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

:rofl

He looked so disappointed after that video did nothing for the boos!  :rofl
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2049 on: March 29, 2015, 09:15:05 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2050 on: March 29, 2015, 09:21:37 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2051 on: March 29, 2015, 09:22:56 PM »
"Let's go Lana" chants now  :lol :lol :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2052 on: March 29, 2015, 09:36:24 PM »
Said it earlier, but I can only hope that Bryan and Cena winning those belts is WWE giving prestige back to them again. 

...But I doubt it. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2053 on: March 29, 2015, 09:42:24 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2054 on: March 29, 2015, 09:59:40 PM »
They're probably drawing this out in attempt to get it darker outside for the Undertaker/Wyatt entrances.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2055 on: March 29, 2015, 10:06:10 PM »
What was the point of that? Triple H beats Sting so it can lead into a long ass dumb moment featuring The Rock and Ronda Rousey? Meh.

Ronda > Sting confirmed.

They're probably drawing this out in attempt to get it darker outside for the Undertaker/Wyatt entrances.

Didn't really work.   :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2056 on: March 29, 2015, 10:13:59 PM »
Taker looks much more fit and healthier than he did last year.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2057 on: March 29, 2015, 10:24:43 PM »
This match sucks.

I mean, last years match sucked but we did see the streak end. This? Soooooo boring.

Part of it is probably due to Wyatt injuring his ankle earlier today.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2058 on: March 29, 2015, 10:33:11 PM »
I really, really hope we get a double-turn and Reigns goes heel and allies with Heyman. 

No point to this match. Wyatt is forever buried now.

Nah, he just had a match with the Undertaker.  He's been elevated.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2059 on: March 29, 2015, 10:34:26 PM »
Brock is winning this, BTW.  I bet it was Reigns before he re-signed with the company.  Now Reigns doesn't matter.   :lol  But the x-factor is Rollins.  Maybe they want him to do it on RAW tomorrow?
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #2060 on: March 29, 2015, 10:45:33 PM »
SUPLEX
CITY
BITCH

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2061 on: March 29, 2015, 10:46:28 PM »
Brock dominates but Reigns wins. I see it happening.

All the attention is on Lesnar after he re-signed.  It's easy WWE logic.  Brock is winning.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2062 on: March 29, 2015, 10:49:06 PM »
I want brock to win then Rollins cashes in. I do see Reigns winning though.

Did anything happen with that Axlmania thing? Guess not.

I wish I could bet you on the winner...easy money.   :lol :P

Axel came out during the pre-show Andre Battle Royal and did the whole Hulk rip-off and ripped his shirt.  Then all the other wrestlers turned on him and threw him out of the ring.   :lol
ど助平

dkdk

« Reply #2063 on: March 29, 2015, 10:55:30 PM »
damn brock bleeding like a pig.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2064 on: March 29, 2015, 10:58:33 PM »
LOL I had hoped that was gonna happen but I'm kinda surprised they actually did it

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2065 on: March 29, 2015, 10:59:04 PM »
ROLLINS

:phil
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #2066 on: March 29, 2015, 10:59:20 PM »
ADSFAEWRT8IAERAIAD

HOLY SHIT

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2067 on: March 29, 2015, 11:00:48 PM »
:heyman
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2068 on: March 29, 2015, 11:01:17 PM »
We both would have lost that bet!   :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2069 on: March 29, 2015, 11:01:52 PM »
Well...that was a good 'Mania overall.  Worst build-up in years, but they ended up delivering.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2070 on: March 29, 2015, 11:03:18 PM »
So this finish makes sense, I guess-- Brock stays strong since he wasn't pinned.  Reigns will now feud with Rollins on TV.  And Brock will probably be in a rematch making it a full triple threat.
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #2071 on: March 29, 2015, 11:16:11 PM »
Seth is the best asshole ever.
Hi

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #2072 on: March 29, 2015, 11:19:31 PM »
I thought Mania was okay. The main event was the best match of the night imo, but I didn't like the finish. The last guy to win his first world championship in the WWE by a clean pinfall/submission was who, Jeff Hardy in 2008? Fuck the MITB.

:sheik

The rest of the show was either decent or good. I just don't like the finisher/kick out spam that every match has to have now. It's too formulaic and it hurts the match when they aren't done well because nobody buys the pin attempts until the 5th finisher has been hit.
BiSH

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #2073 on: March 29, 2015, 11:44:38 PM »
Ha yup, 'mania formula is first attempt at finish doesn't work second gets a two account and the third/second successful or one afterwards gets the pin fall.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2074 on: March 30, 2015, 12:21:16 AM »
ど助平

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #2075 on: March 30, 2015, 04:21:21 AM »
man, that was a LOT better than i thought it would be.

Rusev.  :(
Tonya

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2076 on: March 30, 2015, 08:36:34 PM »
RAW: Sheamus comes out after Bryan defends his title against Ziggler, turns heel, and...

HAS THE DUMBEST FUCKING MOHAWK AND FACIAL HAIR.  So bad that the crowd starts loudly chanting "YOU LOOK STUPID!"   :lol :lol :lol :rofl

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:45:23 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

dkdk

« Reply #2077 on: March 30, 2015, 09:11:20 PM »
F5s for everybody!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2078 on: March 31, 2015, 03:45:35 PM »
RAW was worth it for the insane crowd, but pretty much confirmed that it's all gonna be more of the same ol' shit.  I kind of want to keep my Network sub...I must be crazy.
ど助平

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #2079 on: April 01, 2015, 07:55:51 AM »

NJPW x Evangelion
BiSH

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2080 on: April 02, 2015, 10:53:05 AM »
Finally back! Wrestlemania and Raw were a blast! I've only re-watched HHH/Sting and the main event because I wanted to see what HHH's entrance looked like (goofy) and I just loved the entire last fight. I did notice the crowd noise is way quiet on the VOD, which is a bit funny but I guess they didn't get the reaction they wanted.

Also wanted to say that the NXT event has convinced me to watch the weekly show. The crowd was amazing, the wrestling was really damn good, and the atmosphere just felt more sincere than the main stuff. But even if it wasn't for all that, I'd be convinced after seeing Finn Balor's full entrance in person.

All in all a good wrestling weekend and I'm already convinced I'm going to get one of the packages with better Wrestlemania tickets for next year.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2081 on: April 02, 2015, 11:18:54 AM »
What was that RAW crowd like in person?   :lol
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2082 on: April 02, 2015, 12:22:17 PM »
Really intense! Just the crazy atmosphere and the excited crowd got me into matches I wouldn't have cared nearly as much about if they were on TV.

Excluding the main event of course. That was a silly match where the crowd was more entertaining than what was in the ring. However I did get to start a "Please Retire" chant for Big Show that caught on quickly, so that was funny.

I loved the spectacle of WM so much, but the intense and over the top crowd energy of Raw made it really awesome.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2083 on: April 02, 2015, 02:26:35 PM »
However I did get to start a "Please Retire" chant for Big Show that caught on quickly, so that was funny.

ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2084 on: April 03, 2015, 11:48:08 AM »
I don't normally watch Smackdown, cause why would I, but supposedly this weeks' was pretty good. Did anyone see it?

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #2085 on: April 06, 2015, 08:39:47 AM »
The finish to the AJ Styles vs. Kota Ibushi match was FUCKING AWESOME. The Orton/Rollins RKO spot has already been topped imo.

I had to make a gif of it:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
BiSH

archie4208

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2087 on: April 27, 2015, 08:25:32 AM »
PPV last night was :zzz 

But that's OK-- I had it on the background while I was doing some cleaning/setting up stuff.  I used the app recently to watch a bunch of older PPVs and they made Extreme Rules seem even more garbage-level than it was.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2088 on: April 27, 2015, 11:06:04 AM »
I thought the main event was good. And Ambrose/Harper disappearing and then coming back was funny. The rest was just sorta there.

But we had ribs, wings, mac & cheese, and beer. So it wasn't a bad night overall.

Neville/Barrett was a good match too
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:13:20 AM by nachobro »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2089 on: May 01, 2015, 02:37:53 AM »

archie4208

« Reply #2090 on: May 11, 2015, 11:21:02 PM »

Bryan is done.  :fbm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2091 on: May 12, 2015, 11:29:55 AM »
Wait, what? I knew he was injury prone but I didn't know it was that bad.

He didn't retire.  He said that he would have to be out again for an unspecified amount of time.  Does that mean he won't come back?  Possibly.  But if it was really that bad and he was done, I think he would have said something yesterday.
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #2092 on: May 12, 2015, 12:58:27 PM »
If his neck is as fucked up as rumors say, he needs to hang it up or he's going to be wheelchair bound in a few years.

He's the reason I got back into rasslin since dropping it after the Attitude Era, but I don't want to see the guy become crippled or worse. 

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2093 on: May 19, 2015, 01:12:48 AM »
Good Raw tonight. I'm liking the card for Elimination Chamber. Dat Owens!  :punch

Himu

« Reply #2094 on: May 19, 2015, 01:23:06 AM »
what i wrote on facebook:

I have no idea what's going on at WWE, but I have liked every Raw since Mania. They are consistently improving and just providing AWESOME every week. I have no idea what's going on, but it totally feels like a changing of the guard. If not for Bryan's injury, every belt would be currently propped up. John Cena's Open Challenge in particular, is fucking money, and has been consistently the most awesome segment on the show ever since Mania. WWE actually has me ROOTING for John Cena, that's how far we've gone, people. The fact he puts over emerging talent like Zayn, Neville, Ambrose, and Owens is just the icing on the cake. WWE, keep doing this. It owns.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2095 on: May 19, 2015, 08:36:24 AM »
There's still too much garbage, but it does have more bright spots, yeah. 

Last night I think I liked everything except the Authority stuff.  That faction needs to end already.  Harper and Rowen need to rejoin Wyatt, too. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 08:43:36 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #2096 on: May 19, 2015, 08:51:53 AM »
Steph and Trips egos are probably too big to not want to be the focal point of the show.

Haven't they been doing some variant of the 'evil owner' angle for nearly 20 years now?

Himu

« Reply #2097 on: May 19, 2015, 08:58:18 AM »
Steph and Trips egos are probably too big to not want to be the focal point of the show.

Haven't they been doing some variant of the 'evil owner' angle for nearly 20 years now?

"Evil owner" storyline is infected in all tiers of wrestling. Lucha Underground does it, but much better. TNA used to do it. Authority story lines have been huge since the 90's in wrestling period, not just WWE. It needs to die, but what are you going to do? People worship that era of wrestling and won't get off its dick. Thankfully NXT has no such angle.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2098 on: May 19, 2015, 09:10:11 AM »

Yes, and it's beyond stale now. 

But I just mean the authority "faction."  Not even Trips and Nipple H in this case.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2099 on: May 19, 2015, 01:10:09 PM »
There's still too much garbage, but it does have more bright spots, yeah. 

Last night I think I liked everything except the Authority stuff.  That faction needs to end already.  Harper and Rowen need to rejoin Wyatt, too.

There's actually very little garbage right now. They are utilizing the full brunt of most of their talent currently, which is mind boggling.

The tag team division is currently in an excellent place. New Day owns. Cesaro and Kid :uguu Lucha Dragons :lawd Prime Time Player has been off for months doing video packages, but the result?

https://streamable.com/k8fw

Over. The fact that Titus hasn't done that nor wrestled in months yet still got that reaction is a testament to the current tag tag divisions quality.

Bo Dallas doing his thing?

Kevin Owens?

:bow

Neville is over. Barret in an actual storyline.

They have so many storylines going right now, and so much awesome from week to week, I have no idea how you can just consider them bright spots.

Those are not bright spots. Wrestling is rarely ever perfect. For a three hour show, they have surprisingly very few flaws week to week. The biggest of which being their use of women wrestlers and not giving them a storyline. NXT has one hour episodes, and can feature two women's matches in a row, plus multiple promos featuring them in that time span, but Raw struggles inserting women in small ass matches with 15 second promos. That is Raw's biggest flaw currently, and one that has yet to be fixed, though it has been "acknowledged" by the higher ups.

Here's what they should do to make the shows better from here:

- Axe the 20 minute intro promo. It's predictable and boring. We need some ACTION in the first slot, and the tag team division is perfect for that.
- Give the women more storylines to follow and give them more promo/match time. In three hours there should be more than one women's match per night, and more than one women's feud going on at one time.
- Stop with the lame tag team finales to Raw.

Other than that, if they continue their current trajectory, they're golden. It's only a matter of time till they fuck things up, but enjoy this for now, because it fully feels like the transitional period we've been waiting for.

One thing I love about the Open Challenge is that it brings back the element of surprise that has been missing since the AE where like, one night Jericho would be on Nitro, and the next week, he'd be on Raw. Surprising swerve shit like that. NXT helps bring that feeling back, because no one legitimately knows who's going to show up. It really keeps things fresh. Cena making there NXT stars look strong in the time span of a month? Amazing. Granted, those are HHH's guys and they seem protected. I wonder if we'll get Finn Balor against Cena soon?
IYKYK