Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 946381 times)

FunSlower

Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: When It Reigns, It Bores
« Reply #2880 on: October 20, 2016, 12:02:34 PM »
I like Bryan a LOT but he looked terrible. Just a little grooming would have paid off even bigger.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2881 on: October 20, 2016, 12:53:13 PM »
I like Bryan a LOT but he looked terrible. Just a little grooming would have paid off even bigger.

Yup.  The 'E even made a storyline out of how bad he looked.
:dead
ど助平

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2882 on: October 20, 2016, 05:25:00 PM »
 :lol alright Vince

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2883 on: October 20, 2016, 05:57:06 PM »
I hear what you're saying but I don't really put that much weight on that personally. If you're good at wrestling and good at talking that's enough for me. You must hate the Wyatts

FunSlower

« Reply #2884 on: October 20, 2016, 06:00:01 PM »
even just talking CAN be enough for me. It rarely is but it has happened before and will happen again. I'm a forgiving guy.

FunSlower

« Reply #2885 on: October 21, 2016, 11:32:50 AM »
KO could go from great to exceptional with a little personal care. He has all the tools. He really does.

My gf continues to love him but always mention that he is wear shapewear, and that makes me laugh every time

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2886 on: October 21, 2016, 12:29:52 PM »
Yep, same. :lol Everytime I bitch about my beer gut (which is going down, thank you) my lady suggests I just wear compression gear like KO. Dude is good on the mic and in the ring but yeah, a little personal work could do wonders. Of course it's harder to do that when you're on the road 300 days a year so I'm not one to talk.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2887 on: October 24, 2016, 04:28:19 PM »
I don't even understand this Flo thing. So it's streaming only of a few indies and no archive? For $150 a year? :ufup

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2888 on: October 24, 2016, 04:54:47 PM »
also lol at gaf wrassle thread. it's real easy to rustle some jimmies there by pointing out their irrational hate of steph mcmahon :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2889 on: October 24, 2016, 05:07:35 PM »
Also I apologize for bringing up GAF, won't do it again. But just had to laugh at them for getting so upset at something that is frighteningly obvious. :lol

FunSlower

« Reply #2890 on: October 24, 2016, 05:17:08 PM »
I wish I could let them know she's just playing a character, it'd bring up some WONDERFUL discussion  :jawalrus

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2891 on: October 24, 2016, 05:21:04 PM »
You don't understand, Sunny. She shit on my favorite of all time, Daniel Bryan! Therefore she's an evil monster who hates children and also WWE charities are all fraudulence!  :maf :maf :maf

FunSlower

« Reply #2892 on: October 24, 2016, 05:28:46 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I have zero problem separating her on-screen character with what she actually does at WWE. I didn't know that was too high concept, but...wrasslin fans. They always say not every wrestling fan is mentally stunted, but everyone who is mentally stunted is a wrestling fan.

Really incredible how Stephanie draws out the GamerGate (WrassleGate?) folks. The people who watch a man vs woman match and cheers for the man to humiliate the woman the whole time. Ugh, I saw one of those matches and it was really gross.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2893 on: October 24, 2016, 10:42:57 PM »
Haven't watched Raw in a bit but wanted to catch a go home show.

Three hours is really just too much. Everything is just too drawn out and every segment takes much longer than it should. They've got a decent sized talent pool but a lot of them are just used for a 10 second thing backstage. Very weird. That being said I think Strowman and Sami is going to be a good match. Strowman looks good and Sami is the perfect dude for him to learn from in a match.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:51:36 PM by nachobro »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2894 on: October 25, 2016, 12:30:05 PM »
I watched it for just a few minutes and stopped.  Your go-home show is focused on Jericho losing his list?  Seriously? 

I forgot they had another PPV coming up since the focus has been on Brock/Goldberg for Survivor Series.  Also what happened to the women headlining the event?  Now they've branded it as a "triple main event."  :lol
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 01:09:56 PM by bork pls »
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #2895 on: October 25, 2016, 01:20:16 PM »
You know Raw is bad when a Paul Heyman promo flops.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2896 on: October 25, 2016, 01:27:05 PM »
Brock's face when the crowd started chanting Goldberg Sucks though

:lol :lol :lol

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #2897 on: October 25, 2016, 05:33:40 PM »
You don't understand, Sunny. She shit on my favorite of all time, Daniel Bryan! Therefore she's an evil monster who hates children and also WWE charities are all fraudulence!  :maf :maf :maf
To be fair Komen for the cure is a pretty bullshit charity and Steph very very rarely gets any sort of comeuppance for being an asshat on TV. Misogyny is NOT tolerated on the SA boards these days and she's endlessly called a Mary Sue on there. :lol
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2898 on: October 26, 2016, 07:33:44 AM »
Didn't watch SD either.  Is it true that Orton turned on Kane and said he was joining the Wyatts?  :lol

I didn't watch live last night. I'm glad I didn't.

They did Curtis Axel so fucking rotten after he gave THE GREATEST PROMO OF HIS FUCKING LIFE.

He jobbed in his hometown.  Standard stuff.  He also has like zero charisma- dude needs to be repackaged (again).  He was at his most entertaining when he was pretending to be Hogan and that says a lot.

Bo is not that much better a this point either.  Put both of them with the Wyatts or something.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 07:40:02 AM by bork pls »
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2899 on: October 26, 2016, 10:06:33 AM »
Yep, he RKO'd Kane during his match and then left. Then there was a backstage interview where he just looked around for a while and then said "if you can't beat em, join em" and left.

Also Becky Lynch got a yellow streak spraypainted on her back and James Ellsworth cost Dean a title shot. All in all a good, weird show. Oh, also the Hype Bros won a match. Most shocking moment of the night.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2900 on: October 26, 2016, 10:16:15 AM »
Yep, he RKO'd Kane during his match and then left. Then there was a backstage interview where he just looked around for a while and then said "if you can't beat em, join em" and left.

Methinks this is a SHOCKING ORTON SWERVE AND HE TRICKED BRAY WYATT!  MIND GAMES!  thing though.

Also Becky Lynch got a yellow streak spraypainted on her back and James Ellsworth cost Dean a title shot. All in all a good, weird show. Oh, also the Hype Bros won a match. Most shocking moment of the night.

:snore
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2901 on: October 26, 2016, 10:40:32 AM »
 :-\

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2902 on: October 26, 2016, 10:57:27 AM »
:-\

That used to be my feelings on WWE.  Now it's just :zzz

Yet I keep the Network sub going.
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #2903 on: October 26, 2016, 11:07:30 AM »
I hope Orton goes all in with the Wyatts. He could use a refresh, or something. I'm fine with the Viper stuff, I don't think that's a gimmick that expires, but making Randy more interesting would be good.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2904 on: October 26, 2016, 11:13:26 AM »
Only way to do it is keep making emails every month because the free trials are tied to emails instead of card numbers

(Image removed from quote.)

I really should do this.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2905 on: October 26, 2016, 11:14:22 AM »
I hope Orton goes all in with the Wyatts. He could use a refresh, or something. I'm fine with the Viper stuff, I don't think that's a gimmick that expires, but making Randy more interesting would be good.

I doubt it's going to happen.  Who are they going to feud with?  Kane, again?  :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh man that's what's going to happen, isn't it?  :(  Maybe Taker will come back and team up.
[close]
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2906 on: October 26, 2016, 11:19:51 AM »
Kane, Taker, and a surprise transfer from Raw: Brawn Strowman! :doge Actually after last night I wouldn't be surprised to see Ambrose join a team against the Wyatts.

Also for what its worth I do like WWE a lot more now than I did before. I think it has to do with just watching less. Stopped Raw outside of PPVs, picked up Smackdown, and don't watch NXT outside of the Takeovers and I'm immediately more positive on the product.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2907 on: October 26, 2016, 11:28:51 AM »
He used to hear voices, he doesn't even seem to do that anymore. But he's still popular so I guess they are just letting him do whatever.

FunSlower

« Reply #2908 on: October 26, 2016, 11:37:58 AM »

What is The Viper gimmick? I would argue that's what has made him so boring and forgettable the past few years is that he hasn't actually had a gimmick in like 5-6 years. From the time he turned face in what...2011? He hasn't had any kind of discernible character beyond "Randy Orton".
Well, gimmick is definitely the wrong word. But it's his character. His motivations have always been really written poorly post-Legacy, which is a shame. He's still dynamite in the ring. Let's hope this gives him some direction and freshening.

I'm very interested in Strowman vs Zayn at the PPV. I think that's a great new matchup and nobody aside from little Daniel Aryan plays "smaller dude in peril" as good as Zayn does currently. Except maybe Heath Slater.

FunSlower

« Reply #2909 on: October 26, 2016, 12:01:40 PM »
"Yeah, sure WWE, let the big idiot win instead of your greatest face hero your company has ever seen. That'll hurt Sami bad, and that'll keep him from the main event"

so stupid to think that faces don't lose on the reg unless they're a spectacle ala Hug Hogins.

FunSlower

« Reply #2910 on: October 26, 2016, 12:44:58 PM »
I'll also never understand the weenies that still want him to wrustle KO. Let that shit sleep for a decade. When it comes back it can be hot.

Still think WWE set KO up for failure by putting him with Cena for a debut. Since he wasn't going to be champ then, there was no direction for him to go but down. Cena was generous and inside the ring, made him a killer. Fortunately his promo ability and his wrestling ability kept him from washing away ala Essssscobar, but man, unless you're hotshotting someone to be champion, giving them a debut THAT strong means afterwards, you kind of meander around. And he did. Fortunately he clawed his way up. I'm happy for him being where he is now.

Ratings are in the toilet if that's what you're into

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2911 on: October 26, 2016, 12:45:32 PM »
Kane, Taker, and a surprise transfer from Raw: Brawn Strowman! :doge Actually after last night I wouldn't be surprised to see Ambrose join a team against the Wyatts.

Also for what its worth I do like WWE a lot more now than I did before. I think it has to do with just watching less. Stopped Raw outside of PPVs, picked up Smackdown, and don't watch NXT outside of the Takeovers and I'm immediately more positive on the product.

That's what I've been doing.  Before I used to just get burned out on it.  Now I just find it all kind of boring.
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #2912 on: October 26, 2016, 12:49:42 PM »
It's a terrible thing when "watch less of the thing you love" makes it better, but it's true. The less you watch, the better.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2913 on: October 26, 2016, 10:43:33 PM »
I guess its more of "stop watching stuff I already know I'm not going to like" such as 3 hours of Raw

archie4208

« Reply #2914 on: October 27, 2016, 11:09:11 AM »
Quote from: Big Dave Meltzer
Right now there are no plans for bringing Nakamura to the main roster. At least for now, he’s pegged to be the flagship star of the NXT brand.

:fbm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2915 on: October 27, 2016, 11:30:59 AM »
Quote from: Big Dave Meltzer
Right now there are no plans for bringing Nakamura to the main roster. At least for now, he’s pegged to be the flagship star of the NXT brand.

:fbm

Didn't they also say the same thing about Samoa Joe and kept him on because of his merchandise sales being higher than they expected?

I wonder if the language barrier has anything to do with it.  Nakamura speaks English decently, but needs a lot of work.  Ditto for Asuka.  Although they could always be given a manager.

I'd like to see a new Japanese group pop up and have Nakamura, Itami, and Asuka get called up and dominate one of the main brands.  Serious stuff instead of "I CHOPPY CHOPPY YOUR PEE PEE."  :doge
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #2916 on: October 27, 2016, 11:38:36 AM »
Holy shit the NWA On Demand set up is absolute garbage.
Free trial?

Also LOL @ Nakamura not being called up but instead pushing their other brand. Keeping him from megastar status...at the same time I realize he's not gonna be a miracle worker.

Still badly wanting Nak/Cena though...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2917 on: October 27, 2016, 11:55:12 AM »
I'd like to see them have a triple threat between the RAW, SD, and NXT champs at one of the PPVs. 

Making sure that the belts are on the right people, of course. 
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #2918 on: October 27, 2016, 11:59:17 AM »
Oh, and Austin Aries is hurt.

FunSlower

« Reply #2919 on: October 27, 2016, 12:27:22 PM »
Oh Nak America did it? Well, shit happens...I did notice Rip Rogers on Tweeter laying into whoever did it talkin about being unsafe. You wanna talk unsafe, let's talk about Nak's Boma Ye festival on Styles early this year. That shit made me wince.

FunSlower

« Reply #2920 on: October 27, 2016, 02:04:14 PM »
Austin Aries is a shitlord, so I don't care about his health. I see the old adage holds true, worked kicks and punches look so much more painful than the real thing. Except Shane's punches.

FunSlower

« Reply #2921 on: October 27, 2016, 04:05:54 PM »
hooooo damn

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2922 on: October 27, 2016, 04:23:27 PM »
Yeah that happened cuz Nakamura doesn't 'get working'  ::)

FunSlower

« Reply #2923 on: October 28, 2016, 09:21:03 AM »
That STARDOM news about their two biggest stars leaving is a real bummer. I also didn't know Madusa was their commissioner. I hope STARDOM keeps going and doesn't lose all their support, because I think Kris Wolf needs a few more years to be good, beyond looking fucking ridiculous and endearing.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2924 on: October 29, 2016, 02:02:08 PM »
These guys?

http://www.we-are-stardom.com/stars/

Never heard of them.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2925 on: October 29, 2016, 02:06:21 PM »
That woman at 1:52 is crazy-obese.  No muscle.   :-X

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2926 on: October 30, 2016, 10:52:46 PM »
I can't believe I watched this whole PPV to get to this absolutely-shit-tier women's hell in a cell match.   An injury angle?  LOL.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2927 on: October 30, 2016, 10:58:01 PM »
Finally, a match- with no time left.   :lol :-\
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #2928 on: October 31, 2016, 05:26:16 AM »
I turned it off after the Roman/Rusev match (which was the first match on the card lol).

It was a decent match but romanwinslol so I got bored.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2929 on: October 31, 2016, 07:29:31 AM »
How was the PPV?

Garbage.  Felt like another Sunday Night RAW show.  You can tell that some effort was made to make the women's cage match feel like a really big deal, but it just fell flat on its face with the horrible beginning and botches galore.

And while it was cool to see a women's match get top billing, it was also weird seeing the Universal Title match put on halfway in the show.
ど助平

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2930 on: October 31, 2016, 10:17:05 AM »
I was enjoying Sasha/Charlotte a bunch until the finish. What a crappy finish with no heat at all. They setup so many possible spots and did none of them.

Having Sasha win the title twice on a Raw only to lose it at the very next PPV is lame and sabotages her character. 

Whatever, Becky/Alexa has been way better anyway
nat

FunSlower

« Reply #2931 on: October 31, 2016, 11:39:39 AM »
Sasha/Charlotte lost me at the stretcher after that sick bomb to the table, which was dope. I never got invested again, as it went on, though. That stretcher spot friggin killed it for me.

Knowing it's coming I should probably rewatch and try to judge the match post-stretcher.

The rest of the PPV wasn't anything special, but I did enjoy my man Rusev vs Roman.

archie4208

« Reply #2932 on: November 01, 2016, 09:07:49 AM »
Turned off Raw after Goldberg humiliated Rusev.  :fbm

FunSlower

« Reply #2933 on: November 01, 2016, 12:14:26 PM »

Rusev is WWE's top heel though, he's doing god's work helping put over Goldbug.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2934 on: November 01, 2016, 12:16:19 PM »
I turned on RAW to watch a replay of what Goldberg did.

And found out that I missed something- Goldberg tripped when he started attacking Rusev.  :lol  They had already edited this out in subsequent replays.

I know I'm like the boy who cried wolf when I say this, but I am so close to being done with the 'E.  I don't know if I'm gonna keep watching anything past Survivor Series.  Maybe taking a break and watching the Rumble, then another break and checking out Mania, is what I need.
ど助平

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2935 on: November 01, 2016, 12:53:47 PM »
Wrestling has become a block of time where I get to play games or browse the web and she gets to write or draw. Every Monday, Tuesday, and some Sundays. It's a good thing to have.
nat

archie4208

« Reply #2936 on: November 01, 2016, 01:59:52 PM »

I thought that was Roman.  :^)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2937 on: November 01, 2016, 03:10:21 PM »
Wrestling has become a block of time where I get to play games or browse the web and she gets to write or draw. Every Monday, Tuesday, and some Sundays. It's a good thing to have.

Oh, don't get me wrong- I'm playing games n' stuff when wrasslin' is on.  It's just getting to the point that I don't even care about having it on as background noise at this point.  The other day I muted the stream almost as soon as I tuned in to watch a Guru Larry video that someone posted here.  :P

I thought that was Roman.  :^)

:neogaf
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2938 on: November 01, 2016, 09:38:08 PM »
 :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2939 on: November 01, 2016, 09:38:40 PM »
And after bitching...I am watching Smackdown tonight and finding it OK.

ど助平