Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 945649 times)

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: When It Reigns, It Bores
« Reply #2940 on: November 02, 2016, 12:32:02 PM »
http://www.wwe.com/article/205-live-premieres-nov-29-on-wwe-network?sf40786623=1

New Live weekly show on the Network for the Cruisers.

Is this just admitting that the Raw Cruiser division is a failure?
nat

FunSlower

« Reply #2941 on: November 02, 2016, 03:06:40 PM »
If you're looking to stop watching WWE, no reason to stop watching wrasslin'. Check out Lucha Underground, which is something different but might just scratch your itch. Also, one bonus - it's only an hour each week. And they have an off-season.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2942 on: November 03, 2016, 08:43:57 AM »
http://www.wwe.com/article/205-live-premieres-nov-29-on-wwe-network?sf40786623=1

New Live weekly show on the Network for the Cruisers.

Is this just admitting that the Raw Cruiser division is a failure?

I'm glad to see this coming.  Been saying that they should have had a cruiserweight show for years, especially back when they had the likes of Jakked and Velocity running.  Hell, "Velocity" would have been a perfect name to use.

If you're looking to stop watching WWE, no reason to stop watching wrasslin'. Check out Lucha Underground, which is something different but might just scratch your itch. Also, one bonus - it's only an hour each week. And they have an off-season.

Yeah, plenty out there that I never check out.  I'm torturing myself.
:stahp
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #2943 on: November 03, 2016, 01:27:47 PM »
I can't for the life of me remember if EVOLVE 70 is new or many years old. Just have no idea how a bland promotion can't spice things up with more than a faux-MMA numbering convention.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2944 on: November 03, 2016, 04:25:27 PM »
Undertaker coming back this month? I feel like WM prep is starting way earlier this year. At least I assume this is for WM, I got an email that packages were on early sale so I figured this was related.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2945 on: November 07, 2016, 07:42:43 PM »
Finally watching HIAC, not a bad show so far other than the opening match being LOLRoman. Were the cheers for him on the Network edited in? If not he's gotten the most positive reaction of anyone on the card so far :lol

2nd Cell match was pretty good too, and so was the cruiserweight match. I feel like Dana is slowly getting there as well, but maybe putting her in with Bayley right away wasn't the best call. Just starting the New Day segment now. Their shtick is much more enjoyable when you only watch it once a month

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2946 on: November 07, 2016, 09:48:45 PM »
Stretcher spot in the main event was distinguished mentally-challenged but the match itself was very good. Sasha taking the L in her own city though...Cena wouldn't let that happen :wag

FunSlower

« Reply #2947 on: November 08, 2016, 11:46:22 AM »
I shamefully enjoy how stupid Omega can be, but when he's being pretty serious like this, it's amazing. Fantastic finals match, really is. Never thought Naito would turn into the dude he is today, though, he's so good.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2948 on: November 08, 2016, 12:07:46 PM »
Raw was a friggin mess last night. The womens stuff especially. Some of the worst stuff I've seen this year.
nat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2949 on: November 08, 2016, 01:06:45 PM »
Jesus, Omega. Protect your body at least a little bit.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2950 on: November 08, 2016, 01:51:22 PM »
Also I forgot this match is tonight, should be a good Smackdown

FunSlower

« Reply #2951 on: November 08, 2016, 02:07:16 PM »
SD sent out to die. Should give wrasslers an off night and just do a recap show.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2952 on: November 08, 2016, 02:25:22 PM »
Election special: Corey Graves and Booker T in WWE's hilarious green screen room doing election coverage

This sounds better than an actual RAW or SD show.
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #2953 on: November 08, 2016, 03:55:57 PM »
'Aw shucky ducky quack quack! Nevada just got called!'
Hi

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2954 on: November 08, 2016, 04:08:56 PM »
the spinarooni room

I'm too high and tired to frame this cleverly, sorry folks

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2955 on: November 08, 2016, 09:34:11 PM »
Am I the only one who was kinda weirded out with Booker acting like more of a cartoon character when he showed up in WWE?

Like, I'm not going to pretend I watched the last few months of WCW(our cable provider switched to WWF a bit before the buyout) but he never came off like that to me in WCW.

Just about everyone who came in from the Invasion angle was booked like a clown.   :lol :-\
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2956 on: November 09, 2016, 12:30:34 PM »
Shane is on Smackdown's Survivor Series team :-\

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2957 on: November 09, 2016, 12:51:07 PM »
Dirtsheets say Shane is going to face Lesnar at Mania.  I wonder if they're doing this to set up a run-in by Brock during the match...
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2958 on: November 09, 2016, 01:07:20 PM »
 :neogaf if so. Brock beat Taker's ass, probably gonna beat Goldberg's ass, and we're supposed to take Shane seriously against him?

Also seems Sami/Dolph gonna fight for the IC title and Kalisto/Kendrick gonna fight to bring the whole cruiserweight division to Smackdown? Guess I'm okay with that.

archie4208

« Reply #2959 on: November 15, 2016, 04:05:38 AM »
Told by 2.heart Drs at this time that my heart is wore out from footbal&wrestling I have 2 yrs to live , conjestive hesrt failure reality

:'(

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2960 on: November 15, 2016, 11:44:55 PM »
Undertaker showed up to be...a cheerleader? ??? Also sounds like he might be a regular again :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2961 on: November 16, 2016, 11:07:06 AM »
Undertaker showed up to be...a cheerleader? ??? Also sounds like he might be a regular again :doge

Such a shitty SD! last night.  This was your 900th episode 'celebration'?  LMAO.

But yeah, I doubt Taker will be a regular, but it looks like he'll be popping up on TV more often again.

Confused by Miz winning the IC title.  They build up Dolph for the PPV only to replace him?  WTF?
ど助平

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2962 on: November 16, 2016, 11:53:37 AM »
They're swapping the IC title with the CWC. At least that's the way I see it. I believe 205 Live is being tapped before Smackdown so it makes sense to move them there. And having Sami go up against Ziggler doesn't make any sense really.
nat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2963 on: November 16, 2016, 12:20:46 PM »
They're swapping the IC title with the CWC. At least that's the way I see it. I believe 205 Live is being tapped before Smackdown so it makes sense to move them there.

Makes sense, as it would fill in that third hour that SD doesn't have (for the live audience), but at the same time...RAW is going to have even more time to fill again.

And having Sami go up against Ziggler doesn't make any sense really.

I don't see how it doesn't make sense.  It's still a SD vs. RAW match.
ど助平

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2964 on: November 16, 2016, 12:32:37 PM »
True but I don't really see who benefits in a direct face vs face match in that case.. The SS matches are different cuz you got a mix. Having Miz vs. Sami gives a clear good guy/bad guy.

Problem is then, what the hell does Miz and Ziggler do without the IC title? They ain't Cruisers.
nat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2965 on: November 16, 2016, 01:35:32 PM »
True but I don't really see who benefits in a direct face vs face match in that case.. The SS matches are different cuz you got a mix. Having Miz vs. Sami gives a clear good guy/bad guy.

Same reason as the other SS matches- for the "glory" of their brand. 

Problem is then, what the hell does Miz and Ziggler do without the IC title? They ain't Cruisers.

Maybe they end up moving to Raw?  Could certainly see Miz moving back.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2966 on: November 16, 2016, 01:57:31 PM »
I hope Miz stays on Smackdown, he's great. Sami and Ziggler can swap tho, I wouldn't miss Dolph for a second.

Bill Goldberg says he tweaked his shoulder on RAW and his body feels “horrible” in the days leading up to his in-ring return against Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series.

During an interview with Scott Dargis of NBC Sports, Goldberg spoke about the reaction he got during his first WWE TV appearance in 12 years, what he’s done to train for his fight against Lesnar and his son finally getting able to watch him wrestle. Fans will remember several weeks back that Goldberg slipped in the ring while brawling with Rusev. When asked if the slip was Goldberg’s body telling him it’s time to take it easy, Goldberg replied, “Oh God yes. Absolutely…”
http://www.sescoops.com/goldberg-says-he-tweaked-his-shoulder-on-raw-my-body-feels-horrible/

This match is gonna be terrible...again :lol
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 02:07:29 PM by nachobro »

FunSlower

« Reply #2967 on: November 17, 2016, 01:50:33 PM »
Oh man, not Goldberg's shoulder. Fuck! Terrible. It's going to be an ass match. Bork will do his best, but goddamn, he's gonna have to take at least one Jackhammer, and...this could be the saddest shit.

archie4208

« Reply #2968 on: November 17, 2016, 02:14:07 PM »
At least Sami and Miz will be a good match.

The rest of the card though... :fbm

FunSlower

« Reply #2969 on: November 17, 2016, 02:23:59 PM »
Whatever happened to Sami and Strowman teasing a feud? Because I'd be interested in that match for sure.

I'm kinda psyched for the Survivor Series main event, too. Go Team SD, and it MIGHT lead to either a Taker/Styles match...or a Taker/Ellsworth match. :|

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2970 on: November 19, 2016, 09:32:55 PM »
DIY vs the Revival was insane. These dudes continually outdo themselves.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2971 on: November 19, 2016, 09:34:37 PM »
also quick question, what do ya'll think of the Ellsworth angle?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2972 on: November 19, 2016, 09:48:33 PM »
Ellsworth is just another in the long line of underdog and/or joke characters. 

DIY vs the Revival was insane. These dudes continually outdo themselves.

Amazing event so far.  I wonder if Survivor Series will have any matches that even touch what has been on this show? 
ど助平

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2973 on: November 19, 2016, 10:17:26 PM »
I doubt it. Takeovers have consistently had the best matches of PPV weekends since at least Nakamura vs Zayn. I think NXT will always be a better format in modern wrestling since it doesn't have to deal with the scale of the spectacle and pageantry of WWE proper. They can forgo a lot of ephemera when they're focused almost entirely on the in ring product and not as pressured into creating Franchise Machines who have to figure out how to move a shitload of merch with their gimmicks.

DIY/Revival is probably the match of the year. About as good as wrasslin can get in 2016.

Had this thought too but I've had a few and didn't know if my mind was playing tricks. The last three Revival takeover appearances have been delightful

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2974 on: November 19, 2016, 10:27:52 PM »
LOL and another PPV ending missed as the network disconnects in the final seconds of the main event. This is at least the third time this has happened to me. I pay for this because it's easier than signing up for a new email every month, but this kind of bullshit fills my spite-o-meter to the max

Trent Dole

« Reply #2975 on: November 20, 2016, 12:17:00 AM »
LOL and another PPV ending missed as the network disconnects in the final seconds of the main event. This is at least the third time this has happened to me. I pay for this because it's easier than signing up for a new email every month, but this kind of bullshit fills my spite-o-meter to the max
If you're always home for the ppvs there's plenty of streams around.
Hi

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2976 on: November 20, 2016, 01:15:35 AM »
Yeah but the quality fucking blows on those, thus why I retardedly plunk down ten bucks a month for this shit. I just want the shit I pay for to work. I hear WWE network is giving away 3 months for new subs though so I might as well smurf a new gmail account and can my shit til then

Trent Dole

« Reply #2977 on: November 20, 2016, 03:06:40 AM »
Yeah, that's also true. And as you said 10 a month ain't a thing really. I barely ever watch them after the fact but will do so if I am home when they happen.
Hi

archie4208

« Reply #2978 on: November 20, 2016, 06:19:44 AM »
DIY/Revival is probably the match of the year. About as good as wrasslin can get in 2016.

Probably the best tag team match of the year.  I still liked quite a few singles matches more (Zayn/Nakamura, Zayn/Owens at Battleground, AJ/Cena at Summerslam, Omega/Naito and Ishii/Okada).

also quick question, what do ya'll think of the Ellsworth angle?

I like it, but I know the gimmick has a limited shelf life.  And when it gets stale, it's gonna really suck.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2979 on: November 20, 2016, 09:51:13 AM »
Takeover was a step down this time but goddamn DIY/Revival killed it! Hell of a goddamn match, very impressed with both teams. Revival have just been improving steadily ever since they showed up.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2980 on: November 20, 2016, 09:00:37 PM »
Survivor Series is :zzz

So many dumb booking decisions.  I hope the last couple of matches can save the show...

...But I doubt it.   :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2981 on: November 20, 2016, 10:24:37 PM »
wut

wut
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2982 on: November 20, 2016, 10:25:02 PM »
That match was what...two minutes?  What the fuck?  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2983 on: November 20, 2016, 10:26:57 PM »
Goldberg's son looks stoned.
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #2984 on: November 20, 2016, 10:29:05 PM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2985 on: November 20, 2016, 11:08:42 PM »
Ellsworth took out Braun, Brock got destroyed by a 50 year old retiree :neogaf

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2986 on: November 21, 2016, 12:51:10 AM »
That men's SS match was a gem. Plenty of good character development and storylines got moved forward, even goofy ass Ellsworth. Shield reunion, Ambrose/Styles, Wyatt nonsense, and the List being used as a weapon with Jericho getting pissy all were a great way to actually make the match matter on the main shows. Very smart. Not really as much of that with the women or the tag matches but I still found them to be fun watches. Singles matches were both excellent as well. Miz was a much better choice for the IC match that Ziggler would have been IMO. As far as the main event I'm not sure why I expected more than a spear, a jackhammer, and a pin. Goldberg has a template, after all.

I do feel bad for the Cruiserweights though. Does this mean that they have to travel with both TV shows to do the new post-SD show or is their tiny roster going to get split up?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2987 on: November 21, 2016, 01:09:44 AM »
I didnt watch shit but saw a stream of the last match and saw 1998 goldberg.

Trent Dole

« Reply #2988 on: November 21, 2016, 04:36:23 AM »
Have a dude conquer the streak and then get slaughtered by 'berg brehs.
Hi

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #2989 on: November 21, 2016, 06:25:41 AM »
Can I reiterate how awesome it is we got Stro for his wrassling knowledge?  It was like picking up Kevin Durant as a free agent. 

GAF fucked up   :ufup

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2990 on: November 21, 2016, 09:31:08 AM »
They could have done a long drawn out match that was clumsy and nobody would remembered 90% of it. So I get it, all we care about is the finish and now they got a moment people are going to remember for a long time.

Also I assume Goldberg isn't really ring ready. Hopefully he will be by RR.
nat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2991 on: November 21, 2016, 11:21:23 AM »
Dave says Goldberg's going to be sticking around for a bit, and he'll be having a rematch with Lesnar, which is a deal they made within the last week (originally, Lesnar was booked to win). Lesnar, among others pushed for the deal because he saw money in Goldberg, and Vince must have seen it too. Dave isn't sure, but he presumes he'll be working the Rumble (which he says is pretty much a given) and Wrestlemania. Beyond that, it's unclear.

He also says the match was not shortened due to Goldberg's injury. From the time he decided to stay, the point of the match became getting him over, so they did the match that originally got him over.
Everyone wants a piece of that Goldberg payday

FunSlower

« Reply #2992 on: November 21, 2016, 11:59:29 AM »
Survivor Series was pretty great overall, based on the strength of the final SS style match, which was just as hot as 2014's (one of my favorites, even with nonsense peppered in) and this year's SS match moved forward some things significantly with Smackdown, which makes me pretty happy.

I'm pretty enamored with Kendrick right now, the Kendrick/Kalisto match was fantastic except for the ending. But that's leading to something, between Bryan and Corbin. And goddamn I love a giant dude bullying a man who is about the size of a child (Kalisto, and I guess Bryan too)

That main SS match though, that was some good shit. Saw a peek of Heel Roman when he was taking apart those desks.

Oh and can I go back to the fucking laughable moment in Takeover when they played Joey Samoey's Version 1 music when he won? Fucking LMAO, I lost it when I heard that bass for Jet Moto 2.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2993 on: November 21, 2016, 12:08:28 PM »
I figured Corbin (or maybe Corbin and Kalisto) would get traded for Zayn but perhaps not? Since the CW are staying on Raw, there's plenty of shrimps for Corbin to push around over there.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2994 on: November 21, 2016, 12:32:59 PM »
Have a dude conquer the streak and then get slaughtered by 'berg brehs.

The possibility of beating Brock to get the streak rub was squandered when they had him lose the title without losing because they caved to smarks who hated Roman, which also damn near killed Roman's career and also made the rest of 2015 miserable television with Seth being the center of attention and murdering Sting live on PPV. Arguably, it was squandered the month after he destroyed Cena is a far more brutal squash than what Goldberg did to Brock, when during the rematch, Cena mostly dominated, had Brock running off, and had Brock seconds from tapping before interference saved him. And DEFINITELY by the time Brock got into a feud with Dean Ambrose.

Goldberg squashing Brock was a way cooler moment than anything that has happened with Brock since Brock squashed Cena. No one is going to get a rub from beating Brock, because he'll leave for 3-6 months, come back with actual media hype and be bigger than everyone, while whoever beat him will have been booked into oblivion within that same period.
I agree with most of this, but I thought Seth getting the title at Mania was dope, and Roman getting shit on for like six months after that actually got me on his side. I guess if not liking Roman Reigns makes me a smark so be it, but even the most casual fans I know despise him. I loved Seth as the chickenshit heel

Dave says Goldberg's going to be sticking around for a bit, and he'll be having a rematch with Lesnar, which is a deal they made within the last week (originally, Lesnar was booked to win). Lesnar, among others pushed for the deal because he saw money in Goldberg, and Vince must have seen it too. Dave isn't sure, but he presumes he'll be working the Rumble (which he says is pretty much a given) and Wrestlemania. Beyond that, it's unclear.

He also says the match was not shortened due to Goldberg's injury. From the time he decided to stay, the point of the match became getting him over, so they did the match that originally got him over.
Everyone wants a piece of that Goldberg payday
:lol of fucking course

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2995 on: November 21, 2016, 12:53:07 PM »
What do you think of Sasha

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2996 on: November 21, 2016, 12:56:36 PM »
Also if you actually believe that Seth is the worst part of WWE since the shield breakup I really have no idea what to say to you, that is just pure crazy talk by any standard

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2997 on: November 21, 2016, 12:58:38 PM »
Dean has become stale in the ring but is still great on the mic. Roman is still very rough on the mic but has been improving in the ring. Seth hasn't changed one bit, same wrestling and same mic work.

I wouldn't say Seth is the worst thing in the WWE since the Shield breakup, but he's definitely the worst part of the Shield since their breakup.
Oh and can I go back to the fucking laughable moment in Takeover when they played Joey Samoey's Version 1 music when he won? Fucking LMAO, I lost it when I heard that bass for Jet Moto 2.
It's still up on the network archive, surprisingly
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 01:08:06 PM by nachobro »

FunSlower

« Reply #2998 on: November 21, 2016, 01:25:34 PM »
Guess I know what I'm doing at lunch

Rewatching Joey's win so I can enjoy that funny ass theme play!

Sasha's fine but she wrestles like Danny Bryan - she's ready to die. She's gotta rein it in, fast.

Hey Mickie James was pretty great with Asuka this weekend. I have no idea where Asuka goes from here, though. Not the main roster, sadly. She needs to go up there ASAP.

I can see some other callups that'd be good. Bobby Roode get up in there to do some IC or US Title work, nothing more. He's midcard for life, but there's nothing wrong with that. Perry Saturn and Mr. Perfect were midcard for life and that was GREAT. Call up Asuka, Glorious Roode, Revival, get us some fresh matchups out there. I'd go bonkers for Revival vs Cesaro and Sheamus. I bet that'd be fun. They'd be so small but they could act so goddamned vicious.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2999 on: November 21, 2016, 01:50:33 PM »
I really want Joe to get that callup. He could do great work with Miz, Cena, or even with Corbin if they went that way. Plus he and AJ would work great together as well. Hell they could build him as Smackdown's monster and have him do a crossbrand match with Braun or Bork.