Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 945651 times)

seagrams hotsauce

Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: When It Reigns, It Bores
« Reply #3120 on: December 17, 2016, 02:33:32 AM »
I think the full ground punch/jerkoff forearm/superman punch is silly/excessive. It comes off like a MVC combo intro. The OOOGHWRAAAGH before his spear is great.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3121 on: December 17, 2016, 02:59:17 AM »
Also sorry but I'm gonna keep pulling this as long as you're around; Stro, any thoughts on the rumor WWE wants to pull up international territory brands?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3122 on: December 17, 2016, 09:56:42 AM »
I miss when wrestlers would do a taunt before the finishing move so you know it's over.

The People's Elbow is fine by me when it's used as an insult to injury type move. Don't really hate it as a finisher either because it reminds me of Warrior's Splash and Hogan's leg drop.

The people's elbow works because it's so incredibly-ridiculously over the top and flashy...just like the Rock character.  You can do shit like this if you have charisma, which is what so many wrasslers in the 'E are lacking today.
ど助平

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3123 on: December 17, 2016, 01:01:37 PM »
I think that's definitely a concern and that Vince would love to dominate wrestling globally, but I'm hoping this winds up shining a spotlight on more talent around the world and they don't lock up everyone in their path in a terrible contract. Seeing how Kota Ibushi handled his time with the CWC gives me hope

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #3124 on: December 17, 2016, 03:59:11 PM »
Was visiting family the last few days and AXS had a NJPW marathon going on. First I've seen of that promotion despite hearing about it endlessly. Good shit.
Hi

archie4208

« Reply #3125 on: December 17, 2016, 05:18:14 PM »

FunSlower

« Reply #3126 on: December 28, 2016, 10:11:58 AM »
Sasaki had top tier hair, too. Never hurts.

Goddamn, that spear is something magical.

Heard the 3-way on SD was special.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3127 on: December 28, 2016, 10:27:11 AM »
Some cool shit from the 1/4 dome shows in the late 90s:

(Image removed from quote.)

Savage and Rick Steiner?  WCW let them over there for this?
ど助平

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3128 on: December 28, 2016, 10:31:21 AM »
Guessing we get an AJ vs Cena "main event" at the Rumble or maybe even Mania, right? Stoked

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3129 on: December 28, 2016, 10:33:28 AM »
Also my two fave moments from this year were easily AJ and Neville's heel turns. I screamed at my TV in approval both times.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3130 on: December 28, 2016, 10:45:16 AM »
Dirtsheet rumors are that AJ is going to turn face again next year.
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #3131 on: December 28, 2016, 11:20:44 AM »
Cena vs. Taker will probably be the WM33 main event.

I kinda hope Joe comes in at the Rumble and beats the shit out of AJ to set that match up for WM and help justify a face turn.

FunSlower

« Reply #3132 on: December 28, 2016, 11:40:59 AM »

Early 90s had a ton of WCW and even WWF talent over there. Some of those early tournaments had some WICKED matchups in Japan. Like the 1992 G1 Climax? You had:
Arn Anderson
Steve Austin
Keiji Mutoh
Barry Windham
Masa Chono
Tony Halme (ehh)
Scott Norton
Bam Bam Bigelow (Big Yellow)
Kensuke Sasaki
Jim Neidhart
Hiroshi Hase
Terry Taylor
Shinya Hashimoto
Barbarian
Super Strong Machine
Rick Rude (who made it to the fucking FINALS)

It was awesome.

Pretty crazy how G1 1993 has no whiteys in it at all, if my memory serves.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3133 on: December 28, 2016, 12:11:05 PM »
Dirtsheet rumors are that AJ is going to turn face again next year.

I'm annoyed mostly because he'd be great as a face if they just change his character's allegiance instead of his character. WWE has a problem with making faces into total goobers, which I hope doesn't happen.

But dude kills it in matches so whatevs, wouldn't bother me too much.

I kind of feel like "goober" describes AJ as a heel right now.  He's kind of goofy. 
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3134 on: December 28, 2016, 04:07:43 PM »

Macho was replacing Goldberg, and he was a freelancer. Steiner and Benoit were on the card as part of the WCW/NJPW working relationship, which was still a thing, but on its last legs. Chono and Fake Sting as Team 2000 would get sent over to WCW for a week right after this, and Muta would get sent over later in the year, and I think that's all the interaction the companies had left in their relationship.

Those were some WEIRD WCW matches too when they were borrowed. Very fucking weird. Crowd didn't get it at all, nor should they have been expected to.

FunSlower

« Reply #3136 on: January 03, 2017, 10:28:10 AM »
Was Raw any good? Rumble build so I would imagine they're trying.

Also Stro, Negro Casas might be the greatest wrestler of all time. I'm surprised you hate Cavernario though. So good.

EDIT:
So I saw this, and decided to watch some clips of Bring It To the Table to see what the hubbub was about
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227590435&postcount=1647

lmao. this guy should be on that show. PLEASE.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:48:04 AM by FunSlower »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3137 on: January 03, 2017, 10:59:11 AM »
What's Bring It To The Table?

Was Raw any good? Rumble build so I would imagine they're trying.

Naw, more of the same crap.  "Highlights":

-Foley got a haircut.  Uh...yay?
-Titus O'Neil randomly interrupts the New Day and tries to join them, but cuts a heel promo on them while doing so.  Leads to a match with Xavier, who goes over.
-Bayley predictably beat Nia Jax in a number one contenders' match for the womens' title.  Will face Charlotte at the Rumble.

Unless I missed something, there was nothing on the Rumble until the very, very end of the show-

The final segment was the "Kevin Owens Show" with special guest Goldberg.  Hilariously, there was a dude standing in the ring with a "Kevin Owens Show" t-shirt and a sign covering his entire face, like a human set piece.   :lol  Owens then goes and hypes up one of the "biggest stars of the attitude era...." and introduces Jericho, who is sitting next to him.  This is gold.

And then Goldberg comes out and it's :zzz.  Before anything can happen, Paul Heyman interrupts and says Brock Lesnar will be in the Rumble.  Jericho also says he will be in (and teases feuding with Owens).   Roman Reigns comes out and says some shit.  Then Braun Stroman comes out and Goldberg and Reigns both spear him.

I forget what happened to Roman, but the at the end the ring was cleared except for Goldberg, who posed. 

Next week looks like the real Rumble hype is starting, with Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker both scheduled for the show.  Not sure what Taker is doing there when he's supposed to be a Smackdown guy.  :doge

Speaking of which, SD beat RAW in the ratings last week.  They barely touched on this and just had Stephanie say something like "we've got to work to beat SD and stay on top!" and that was that.  This brand split sucks so bad.  Possibly worse than the last time they did it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 11:07:19 AM by bork pls »
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3138 on: January 03, 2017, 11:26:31 AM »
That Kevin Owens Show guy sounds fucking fantastic.

What I've seen of Bring It To the Table is that they get some wrestling fan to sit in front of a couple WWE folks and complain the usual internet complaints like "Why can't Raw just be 2 hours!" and then they explain the reality of the situation. They treat the dude like TRASH too, it's pretty enjoyable to see until he brings up a point you might have agreed with and you feel shame. I dig it. So far.

LMAO @ Grado having 3 matches on one show. Wha? Were the wrassles at least fun? Would be nice for UK to get a show, though.

FunSlower

« Reply #3139 on: January 03, 2017, 11:45:01 AM »
Heard Saint is going to be down at the WWE Performance Center. That's great to hear. He's a lot of fun.

Well, maybe WoS will work its shit out. Rarely does the first episode of anything connect well.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3140 on: January 03, 2017, 11:57:18 AM »
What I've seen of Bring It To the Table is that they get some wrestling fan to sit in front of a couple WWE folks and complain the usual internet complaints like "Why can't Raw just be 2 hours!" and then they explain the reality of the situation. They treat the dude like TRASH too, it's pretty enjoyable to see until he brings up a point you might have agreed with and you feel shame. I dig it. So far.

OK, I gotta watch this.  :lol
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3141 on: January 03, 2017, 12:17:51 PM »

OK, I gotta watch this.  :lol

Try this, and see if you like it. LMAO @ the "Don't Get Hot" title on the sidebar.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3142 on: January 03, 2017, 02:14:29 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol

Okay I'm going to watch the whole show. That's great! JBL and Heyman tag team clowning this dude is hilarious. Pretty sure he's one of the podcaster guys they've been bringing on preshows lately.

Going to try and stay up for WK11 tonight but I already know I'm not making it through the whole show, probably.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 02:27:26 PM by nachobro »

archie4208

« Reply #3143 on: January 03, 2017, 09:38:50 PM »
BREHS

WATCH THE CONTRACT SIGNING BETWEEN AJ AND CENA

SEGMENT OF THE YEAR

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3144 on: January 03, 2017, 11:04:15 PM »
Everyone kept it real, was a good segment. AJ called Cena out well with "Everything you said about the Rock a few years ago is now true about you".

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3145 on: January 03, 2017, 11:19:10 PM »
The opening in that was hot shit but it fizzled out by the time Cena got to "I walk down the ramp cuz I love it you do it to get paid" like huh? AJ started out by saying how he and Daniel Bryan were doing this in gyms for years for the love of it. Then Corbin came out for some reason. I don't dislike him but I didn't really get why he was shoehorned in there. Great show for the most part though.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3146 on: January 04, 2017, 03:57:12 AM »
Tiger Mask match  :hulk

Los Ingobernables vs Bullet Club  :itagaki :rejoice

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3147 on: January 04, 2017, 04:24:39 AM »
CJ Parker vs Cody :leon  Cody being a huge shittalking heel is the right way to use him. Match was pretty damn good

archie4208

« Reply #3148 on: January 04, 2017, 07:46:38 AM »
Okada Omega was amazing.  :lawd

FunSlower

« Reply #3149 on: January 04, 2017, 09:05:17 AM »
CJ Parker vs Cody :leon  Cody being a huge shittalking heel is the right way to use him. Match was pretty damn good
No shit. I'll definitely hunt it down. No chance in hell I would have been awake for it, but my alarm for work went off while Twitter and Boots were giffing the main event so I don't need to watch it

(wow though)
https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/816620858701713408

FunSlower

« Reply #3150 on: January 04, 2017, 09:36:54 AM »
Live giffing a show is the weirdest shit to me. You can't be paying attention to anything. Watch the show and do it later, dawg. You'll still get your retweets.

I'm excited to get brand new gifs of Scott Norton in 2017  :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice
If you wanna get popular, you sacrifice the match for being first. I get Boots' hustle. There's a point where I can't do it though, hah.

It's pretty dope Scott was over there and did some work. Really great.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3151 on: January 04, 2017, 10:17:24 AM »
Naito/Tana was so goddamn amazing I wasn't sure how Omega/Okada were going to top it...but they had no problem at all. Those last two matches really made my year already.

The fallout from WK sets up for tonight/tomorrow's show pretty well too.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
All LIJ wrestlers won and all BC wrestlers lost except Cody. Someone's gonna get ousted as leader I think :tocry
[close]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 10:24:38 AM by nachobro »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3152 on: January 05, 2017, 02:52:41 AM »
what a baller

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3153 on: January 05, 2017, 05:22:00 AM »
Scott Norton vs Kenny Omega :rejoice

archie4208

« Reply #3154 on: January 05, 2017, 05:44:42 AM »
Meltzer gave Okada/Omega SIX FUCKING STARS.  :bow2

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3155 on: January 06, 2017, 02:55:26 AM »
Granted it's mainly because his other post-WWE matches have been so bad, but I thought Cody's match was a good step up for him. Also I thought Juice really put it out there as well. Wasn't a fan of him as CJ Parker but I think Japan has done wonders for him.

I do agree with "Fuck the Young Bucks" though. Really done with them but I like Beretta and Romero so I watched the match anyway. I regret it.

Also Goto/Shibata was a solid match in the undercard. Very fun and a good intro to the last two matches.

FunSlower

« Reply #3156 on: January 09, 2017, 11:08:01 AM »
Not a fan of CJ Parker?

But that theme was over (with me)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3157 on: January 09, 2017, 11:10:57 AM »
Any truth to Kenny Omega being WWE-bound?
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3158 on: January 09, 2017, 12:08:03 PM »
Any truth to Kenny Omega being WWE-bound?
don't bet on it, but I'm sure they're gonna make offers. He's signed through the next year so he can't jump ship.

Watch on Okada though...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #3160 on: January 09, 2017, 12:50:22 PM »
Kenny's New Japan contract expires Jan 31 so he won't be at the Rumble for sure.

He's shit talked WWE a lot in the past, but hey that could be a work.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3162 on: January 09, 2017, 01:36:10 PM »
It would also be mega-dumb for Kenny to leave right now, even if he was eligible. I could be wrong - always possible, considering I am not a wrassle journalist nor am I Meltzer, so I'm just going by sourced stuff, and well, never forget that things change

FunSlower

« Reply #3163 on: January 09, 2017, 03:09:06 PM »
Kenny's New Japan contract expires Jan 31 so he won't be at the Rumble for sure.

He's shit talked WWE a lot in the past, but hey that could be a work.

Regarding shit talking WWE, I'm still in awe HHH ever got NAO to come back (and gave them a title run too, no less) after this incredulous video.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #3164 on: January 10, 2017, 05:51:28 AM »
Well they're his DX bros.. which probably means they've got some shit on him.
Hi

FunSlower

« Reply #3165 on: January 10, 2017, 10:40:29 AM »
I'll always be excited for a Rumble. When one goes south though, it makes it really tough.

Let's get Brass Body Dave Bautista to come back. It was his best look EVER.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3166 on: January 10, 2017, 10:48:37 AM »
Rumble is always my favorite event in WWE, even a bad one can be good depending on who shows up. If Big Dave actually showed up.... :lawd

WWE's spanish twitter seems pretty excited too :lol

https://twitter.com/esp_WWE/status/818656201697361920

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3167 on: January 10, 2017, 11:12:53 AM »
Other than Taker, RAW was fucking garbage. The main event was trash. Everything is trash. I really hate RAW right now.
nat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3168 on: January 10, 2017, 11:37:03 AM »
time to just stop watching raw. smackdown and 205 are the only things i watch every week and it's improved my outlook on wrestling tenfold

FunSlower

« Reply #3169 on: January 10, 2017, 11:42:19 AM »
Jericho got the US Title, yeah? Fueling that he needs another belt he has never had...Owens/Jericho at Mania should be fun.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3170 on: January 10, 2017, 11:50:49 AM »
In my situation, I managed to convince my girlfriend to watch wrestling with me before we moved in together. When we did we made wrestling nights a thing. Now I am really disliking Raw overall but she uses the 3 hours as background noise while she does other things and actually likes a lot of the silly characters.

My girlfriend likes wrestling more than I do right now. I can't believe I managed to make that happen.
nat

FunSlower

« Reply #3171 on: January 10, 2017, 11:59:44 AM »
In my situation, I managed to convince my girlfriend to watch wrestling with me before we moved in together. When we did we made wrestling nights a thing. Now I am really disliking Raw overall but she uses the 3 hours as background noise while she does other things and actually likes a lot of the silly characters.

My girlfriend likes wrestling more than I do right now. I can't believe I managed to make that happen.

Same boat. Mine watches Raw -and- SD each week. However she does the Hulu versions w/o ads and at work, so it's not so much of a time sink.

Stro has a good point too - don't let the show beat you. We always have that freedom to stop and instead put on Nitro from 96.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3172 on: January 10, 2017, 11:59:59 AM »
You guys don't ever have to watch. You can start a show enjoying it, then stop enjoying, and you can just shut it off. Or, you can just not tune in in the first place. I see this talk every single week, but fucks never stop watching. It's like the people who complain about The Walking Dead for 3 seasons instead of just dropping it because it's a shitty show. Surely there is something better to do for 3 hours on a Monday night than watch a show you dread, know you're not going to enjoy, and then not enjoy after you've spent 3 hours watching.
pretty much. i only watch what i enjoy. smackdown is a fun show that i really like but i still skipped any main event that involved james ellsworth. raw is just a lost cause for me at this point, which is why i quit it altogether. i like jericho/owens and new day but anything good from them will be on youtube the next day so that's good enough for me.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3173 on: January 10, 2017, 12:46:45 PM »
You guys don't ever have to watch. You can start a show enjoying it, then stop enjoying, and you can just shut it off. Or, you can just not tune in in the first place. I see this talk every single week, but fucks never stop watching. It's like the people who complain about The Walking Dead for 3 seasons instead of just dropping it because it's a shitty show. Surely there is something better to do for 3 hours on a Monday night than watch a show you dread, know you're not going to enjoy, and then not enjoy after you've spent 3 hours watching.

People complain because they like pro wrasslin' and want it to be GOOD.

But yup...I just stop watching when I get that tired of it.  I played games last night instead of watching. 
:rejoice
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #3174 on: January 10, 2017, 01:57:29 PM »
I watch Raw/SD until it's unbearable (usually 20 minutes for Raw and 45 minutes for Smackdown :doge) and watch YouTube clips for anything that seems half interesting the next day. 

Works out pretty good.

FunSlower

« Reply #3175 on: January 10, 2017, 04:11:36 PM »
The introduction promos and music for SNME is always a huge pick me up. Felt incredibly larger than life, and was. Even with the sweet and now absent Animotion intro.

Also the sweet Summerslam 91 intro with Vince McMahon narrating. Can't find it on youtube.

FunSlower

« Reply #3176 on: January 10, 2017, 05:03:41 PM »
Vince is probably one of my favorite people in the world just for what he is. A unique cockroach that'll never die.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3177 on: January 11, 2017, 11:00:19 AM »
:goldberg

I made this one, too, but I don't think it's emoticon worthy.
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3178 on: January 11, 2017, 11:08:06 AM »
Vince is emoticon worthy in everything he does. I'll use it, goddammit! He's probably the most gifable wrestling entity.

FunSlower

« Reply #3179 on: January 11, 2017, 02:13:21 PM »
Ron Simmons one is also good. Need to watch the Madusa one.