Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 945657 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: When It Reigns, It Bores
« Reply #3900 on: June 02, 2017, 11:03:31 AM »
Yall missed Heel Batista's monster run. It was the best thing.

Only vaguely remember this, but I remember some good promos.  I miss Big Dave.
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3901 on: June 02, 2017, 11:06:29 AM »

Let me feed you!

FunSlower

« Reply #3902 on: June 02, 2017, 12:09:47 PM »
If you came in from the pipe bomb promo (the second one he did, the WWE one he rehashed) - I'm sorry the rest of everything was kinda crap. It was a rough time. Not as rough as a year or two before, but hey.

I know the pipe bomb was a rehash of the ROH one.

And from what I know Batista's monster heel run lasted like a month, so if it was that good it didn't last long like everything in WWE.

Oh no no no! It lasted from Survivor Series through Mania, to Over the Limit where he "retired" - you had more than six months of Prime Dave. It's so good. Everything kicks off with YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MAH FRIEEEEEEND! and lasted through "IIIIIIIIIII QUITTTTTTTTTTTTTT" So goddamned good.

Also, a really cool thing I found today was an interview with Jinder Mahal on how he worked on his physique, what he eats, and more. It's a very good article.
http://www.gq.com/story/jinder-mahal-wwe-real-life-diet?mbid=social_facebook

FunSlower

« Reply #3903 on: June 02, 2017, 04:11:34 PM »
My mistake. I was under the impression he only did it for a little while before facing Cena at Mania.

It's so worth watching. Especially this promo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slpDUOZWHlE

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #3904 on: June 03, 2017, 02:40:00 AM »

Let me feed you!

SPOTLIGHT, PLEASE :bow
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 02:50:24 AM by Trent Dole »
Hi

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3905 on: June 03, 2017, 09:25:18 AM »
Okay Sunny you convinced me, I'll watch this run over the weekend during Tekken practice. I've pretty much only seen from that Mania until he quit (probably my favorite WWE quitting moments too)

Also realized Extreme Rules is this weekend. Haven't been watching Raw so I don't know what's up with it other than what the email I just got from WWE tells me. Fatal 5 Way sounds good but wtf is this Kendo Stick on a Pole Match? :lol :lol

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3906 on: June 04, 2017, 10:43:16 AM »
Might be going to Summerslam this year. Got a connection that may be getting me tickets for free.
nat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3907 on: June 04, 2017, 10:44:26 PM »
That PPV was a snoozer.  Didn't care about the main event at all.  LOL at Austin Aries sitting there smiling after he lost.

So it's Joe getting fed to Lesnar at great balls of FIRE.
:beavis

Joe's music always sounds like "angry fat man walking" to me.
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3908 on: June 05, 2017, 09:32:27 AM »
So how'd that Evil Bateaster Weekend go NWS?

Also Stro, the best jiff of Batista's heel run might be

If you asked me who was more giffable, Batista or Vince McMahon, I'll still go with Vince, but Batista is a treasure trove.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3909 on: June 05, 2017, 10:53:27 AM »
JOE VS BROCK LETS GOOOOOOO!

And I didn't quite finish the run up to him quitting but I have a three day weekend so I'll keep going today, heh. But it definitely gave me a new appreciation for how good Batista really is on the mic and as a heel. He'd be a great addition these days, that's for sure. All Big Dave has to do is show up with a popped collar and he is instantly hateable :lol

It also helps that the rest of these shows from the time period are really complete dreck. I'm okay with not having watched much wrestling during the late 2000s. Made me depressed all over again for the Beth Phoenix segments when she shows up with Santino and has to direct 4+ skinny models around while also trying to put on a decent multi-woman match.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 10:59:09 AM by nachobro »

archie4208

« Reply #3910 on: June 05, 2017, 10:56:35 AM »
Brock is obviously going to win, but I just hope he doesn't squash Joe.  If they have a competitive match it could be fucking awesome.

FunSlower

« Reply #3911 on: June 05, 2017, 11:01:21 AM »
Joe showed a lot of good fire in his promo on Raw Talk. Actually enjoyed Raw Talk a lot. Miz getting into Renee's ass was pretty great, too.

Late 2000s Raw was really bad, really really bad. Bateaster was a shining star.

Pretty crazy how a couple years ago in TNA Joey Samoey and Aries were wrasslin.

FunSlower

« Reply #3912 on: June 06, 2017, 06:03:31 PM »
Heard Raw was great last night

Especially the Joey Samoey segment.

FunSlower

« Reply #3913 on: June 08, 2017, 09:12:18 AM »
Martel/Race? I'm in. Even with the more recent appreciation of Martel from a lot of people realizing how damn GOOD he was, I'm always up to heap more praise upon the guy. I reckon that match will do it.

I hate to sound like a lot of bitter old fuckers out there, but you protect moves, you don't cheapen people or moves with a crazy amount of television you run...hell, there's a lot to love in the 70s.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3914 on: June 08, 2017, 07:45:33 PM »
I legit went from watching BOTSJ 2017 to a show from MSG 40 years prior and enjoyed the MSG show a lot, lot more, despite it not being particularly good wrestling. Some of it was actually quite bad. But it was nice to see matches without stand offs and cartwheels out of headlocks or apron bumps because that's just what you're supposed to do to have an exciting match now. An era where Freddie Blassie can get Roman Reigns heat just taking his time to leave the ring before the match. Where no one complains about who is getting pushed or who is getting berried.

Just a simple wrestling show.

But wasn't that also still an era when most people thought it wasn't scripted?
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #3915 on: June 11, 2017, 05:45:26 AM »
Anyone watching Dominion?

Kushida vs. Takahashi was amazing.

Goto vs Suzuki was a shitshow.

Everything else prior was missable.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 05:51:33 AM by archie4208 »

archie4208

« Reply #3916 on: June 11, 2017, 07:38:25 AM »
HOLY FUCK OKADA OMEGA 2 WAS SO GOOD

spoiler (click to show/hide)
AND IT ENDED IN A DRAW I'M SALTY AS FUCK
[close]

FunSlower

« Reply #3917 on: June 12, 2017, 09:48:34 AM »
WHY DID I CLICK THAT SPOILER

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3918 on: June 13, 2017, 07:16:13 AM »
Bray Wyatt is a scumbag?

Bray Wyatt's wife, Samantha Rotunda, has filed for divorce in Florida accusing the WWE performer of adultery and misdeeds, according to the Daily Mail. Rotunda's lawyer names current WWE ring announcer Jojo Offerman as the person who Wyatt is having an affair with.

-- In his counter-petition for divorce filed in Hernando County, Wyatt requested an injunction to force his wife to keep quiet about the split. He claims she made 'defamatory statements about the husband to several people in the community in an effort to ruin his reputation.'

-- In Samantha's response to Bray's request for an injunction she says: 'It is a shame that the Husband would make such false claims and attempt such media gaming. Ms. Rotunda will not only prove Husband's allegation and claims are nothing more than a media ploy and endeavor to create an offense to defend his adultery and misdeeds.

-- According to Samantha's divorce petition, she and Wyatt were married in 2012 and separated in March after Wyatt allegedly walked out on her and their two daughters, 6 and 4.

People said they saw him arrive at the arena yesterday with JoJo, too.  Guess that booty was too much.
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3919 on: June 13, 2017, 09:34:03 AM »
I remember when Jojo was pining after Justin Gabriel.

archie4208

« Reply #3920 on: June 15, 2017, 08:14:44 AM »
Okada/Omega 2 got 6.25 stars from Meltzer.

Kinda low.

El Babua

« Reply #3921 on: June 15, 2017, 01:31:09 PM »
LMAO

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3922 on: June 15, 2017, 01:50:25 PM »
I ended up falling asleep before the main event so I still need to watch it, but Okada/Omega is going to have to be really good to beat Naito/Tana. That match was seriously amazing. Both dudes just beat the hell out of each other and told a hell of a story. Just Tana going hard as fuck on Naito and not even letting him take off his suit for like 5ish mins was amazing on it's own. :lol

Hopefully the main event is more than just spots. Those are fine and all, but that's basically all they did last time too.

FunSlower

« Reply #3923 on: June 15, 2017, 08:59:04 PM »
Maybe now people will realize that his ratings are just one man's arbitrary and inconsistent opinions and people shouldn't take them seriously unless they have the same taste as him

exactly this

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3924 on: June 17, 2017, 10:24:16 PM »
Watched the Dominion main event and Stro was right. I enjoyed the match but it definitely didn't try and tell a story like Naito/Tanahashi. Still very entertaining though, Omega and Okada worked their asses off. 100% worth watching but it's a different kind of match.

Tomorrow's show should be fun. I always enjoy a chance to see the New Day and I'm more pleased to see them now that they've taken a short break. Plus I love silly gimmick matches and they'll have MITB for both the men and the women.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #3925 on: June 17, 2017, 10:54:35 PM »
I'm actually going to watch tomorrow night's show... but I'm aghast at the lack of Breezango.

:jeanluc
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3926 on: June 18, 2017, 08:06:44 PM »
Time for Money In The Bank!

Rumor is there's gonna be a sixth woman in the MiTB match, either Maria coming back or Asuka.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3927 on: June 18, 2017, 08:13:54 PM »
LOL, no sixth participant?

I hope someone runs out later then.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3928 on: June 18, 2017, 08:32:12 PM »
Did they seriously just end the first ever women's MiTB match by having James Ellsworth get the briefcase and give it to Carmella?  :lol
:dead

Garbage.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3929 on: June 18, 2017, 09:12:50 PM »
Maria and Mike...Kannelis.
:leon
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3930 on: June 18, 2017, 09:28:50 PM »
I would love it if it meant Ellsworth had to cash it in.  :lol

So I guess Orton will lose this match because something will be done to the legends at ringside to distract him.
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #3931 on: June 18, 2017, 10:46:47 PM »
That MITB match was AWESOME

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Until Snorbin won.  :zzz
[close]

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3932 on: June 19, 2017, 12:11:21 AM »
Booking throughout the show was suspect AF, imo.

-The goddamn women's match was just a travesty. It was a little too short, for one, and while I'm fine with Carmella winning, and even fine with her winning with Ellsworth's AID, having him climb the ladder and toss the briefcase down to her in the first ever (as hyped by WWE) women's MitB match was tone deaf at best, and insulting at worst. It would probably have caused less of a stir if this had been like, the 3rd or 4th women's MitB match. But that was stupid.
-Randy Orton was a nominal babyface in his home town, and his dad was getting attacked by the heel's goons, and I still just wanted him to go the fuck away. He was over in that a certain segment of the crowd reflexively hates furriners and Mahal (to his credit) is playing that up. Do we have a blow off match in this "feud" where the Singhs are barred from ringside now? Oh boy. Because that's what the world wants more of. Randy Orton and Jinder Mahal feuding.
-Booking the title match BEFORE the MitB match was stupid. Even if you're not going to have the winner run in, it's good to at least make people think there's the possibility of that.
-I ended up being fine with Nakamura's role in the main event, because he came back in and destroyed everyone. That said, selfishly I would have liked to have seen him in the entire match. I feel like the WWE doesn't really know wtf they're doing with him, although now he's set up pretty well to feud with Corbin, which I guess could be good.
-Someone needs to protect Kevin Owens from what I can only guess is his insane desire to take a lot of bumps in a match or he's gonna be eating through a tube one day.

Pluses:

+The tag title match was awesome, I thought. There were a couple busted spots but overall it did what it needed to do: entertain and keep the belts on the Usos in a semi-cowardly heel way. Keeping the titles off the New Day for as long as possible is good for the division, I feel.
+The actual MitB match was awesome. No complaints aside from wanting more of Nakamura (although I'm cautiously optimistic with how he came out of the match) and for KO to take fewer insane bumps. Like, maybe 1 per match instead of 3 or whatever, Kevin.
yar

FunSlower

« Reply #3933 on: June 19, 2017, 09:10:44 AM »
Loved the frustrating as shit Usos countout loss. Loved that. Real good.

Jinder's good too, Randy worked great with him.

Corbin interrupting Nak America's entrance was 5* heel move, loved that. Fine with him winning.

Problem with Ellsworth 'winning' MITB is that it was the first-ever, historic women's MITB match, etc. Like stro said...

BAD OPTICS

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3934 on: June 19, 2017, 02:26:08 PM »
Just heard about Elsworth and the womens MITB match lmao. I was disappointed to hear that he was even around at all still since his schtick was past due months ago, but that ending is really something else

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3935 on: June 20, 2017, 07:26:45 AM »
Actually watched Raw last night. Joe/Lesnar stuff I'm super looking forward to.

The Enzo/Cass segment at the end was fucking garbage. I don't know how anyone can claim Cass is good in the mic. He sucks. His delivery sucks, he's awkward, he stumbles over his words. He repeats himself constantly. Dude's reading from a script. The whole thing was stupid and boring.
nat

FunSlower

« Reply #3936 on: June 20, 2017, 09:22:48 AM »
It's okay, you get to see him fail on his own. He's a lot better than he was, but breaking up Enzo and Cass is like poison to the both of them.

Now what's lil Enzo gonna do?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3937 on: June 20, 2017, 10:34:52 AM »
It's okay, you get to see him fail on his own. He's a lot better than he was, but breaking up Enzo and Cass is like poison to the both of them.

Now what's lil Enzo gonna do?

Get his ass kicked by Cass for about a month or two then probably go away
yar

FunSlower

« Reply #3938 on: June 20, 2017, 10:43:25 AM »
lmao just now thinking if Cass jumps to SD somehow, and beats the shit out of Ellsworth and Carm is like "my BOYFRIEND is here" and turns Ellsworth sympy babbyface again. Won't happen, but would be neat.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3939 on: June 20, 2017, 11:34:38 AM »
It hit me last night that Braun Strowman sounds eerily like Hulk Hogan.  :lol  Cannot un-hear it now.

The Enzo/Cass segment at the end was fucking garbage. I don't know how anyone can claim Cass is good in the mic. He sucks. His delivery sucks, he's awkward, he stumbles over his words. He repeats himself constantly. Dude's reading from a script. The whole thing was stupid and boring.

I think someone said "he's good on the mic for a big man."   :doge

But yeah, I don't like breaking them up, but it was bound to happen.  They had a good dynamic and I don't understand why they couldn't have just pushed Cass and have Enzo do whatever on their own, but still essentially be together as a group and have Enzo be his mouthpiece.

Hell, I didn't like them not having Carmella come up with them.  The three of them were great in NXT.
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3940 on: June 20, 2017, 02:21:44 PM »
I felt the other way about Carmella - she always felt tacked on to me with that trio.

But hey, Strowman's back and absolutely ridiculous.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3941 on: June 20, 2017, 03:24:07 PM »
Also: I hate that anyone can just issue an open challenge for the title months away from a ppv. Seems dumb and the sort of thing a GM/commish wouldn't like, good thing Kurt addressed it last night.

:derp
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3942 on: June 20, 2017, 10:34:53 PM »
So, they're doing the Women's MitB match over again next week.

:confused
yar

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3943 on: June 20, 2017, 11:33:19 PM »
What a mess. Bring out Carmella in the beginning to trash on DBryan and smarks addicted to Twitter in the most interesting and engaging promo of her career and then squash all that to nothing by the end of the show by redoing the MITB match next week ???

FunSlower

« Reply #3944 on: June 21, 2017, 10:06:06 AM »
So did they take the briefcase from her? Watch her win it again.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3945 on: June 21, 2017, 10:16:42 AM »
technically dbryan grabbed it out of the hands of ellsworth. :lol she actually did follow it up with a solid promo on talking smack that involved squeezing out a few tears, it wasn't bad at all. but yeah, at this point the only way to salvage this is to have her win it again.

if it was up to me i would have said that ellsworth won it so he has to defend it in an elimination match with the entire women's roster. then just start that match with every woman getting a move/finisher off on him, him being pinned and tossed out of the ring, and then continue the rest of the match as normal.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3946 on: June 26, 2017, 05:35:42 PM »

How did this air?  And why did they do it at someone's house?  :lol
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #3947 on: June 26, 2017, 09:05:08 PM »
Lavar Ball can cut a better promo than everyone on the WWE roster.  :rofl

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3948 on: June 26, 2017, 09:15:14 PM »

:rofl

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3949 on: June 27, 2017, 10:00:58 PM »
And Carmella won again :heyman

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #3950 on: June 28, 2017, 02:32:20 AM »
Rasslin is like a live action comic book, it's just dumb fun. That said it's frustrating when someone you think is talented in ring/has an interesting persona doesn't get much screen time while they continue to try to push rock's not really cousin down everyone's throats. :-[
Hi

archie4208

« Reply #3951 on: June 28, 2017, 08:53:05 PM »
Is anyone hyped for the G1 special at Long Beach?  I won't have to get up at 4 AM to watch Kenny Omega wrestle.  :rock

Tanahashi vs. Billy Gunn, though.  :goty2

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #3952 on: June 28, 2017, 10:09:32 PM »
Is anyone hyped for the G1 special at Long Beach?  I won't have to get up at 4 AM to watch Kenny Omega wrestle.  :rock

Meeeeeeee. Been really liking NJPW since I finally got AXS.
serge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3953 on: June 29, 2017, 01:02:42 PM »
I'm just happy to not have to stay up late to watch it like I do for those Road To X shows

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3954 on: June 29, 2017, 04:07:28 PM »
not all of them, but if they are on a saturday/sunday morning i will sometimes

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3955 on: June 29, 2017, 05:13:18 PM »
or just a fan who with less to do :lol

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
« Reply #3956 on: June 30, 2017, 05:51:51 PM »

I'm going with my brother and dad. My dad's gonna be fucking stoked to see Billy Gunn in 2017  :sabu
うぐう

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3957 on: June 30, 2017, 10:42:23 PM »

Meeeeeeee. Been really liking NJPW since I finally got AXS.
i guess i'm the ultimate smark but I got really fed up with wrestling last mania and just recently discovered my cable package has NJPW and it's great

archie4208

« Reply #3958 on: July 02, 2017, 11:45:26 AM »
Last night's G1 show was pretty good, but not amazing.

The undercard is mostly skippable, although War Machine vs. GOD was pretty fun to watch.  (Demi would love War Machine if he watched rasslin :doge)
Naito vs. Ishii was good
Omega vs. Elgin was awesome
Cody vs. Okada was probably the best you could hope for in a Cody match.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3959 on: July 02, 2017, 03:36:07 PM »
Man, nobody bladed quite like 80's era Flair and Dusty
yar