Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 946533 times)

seagrams hotsauce

Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: When It Reigns, It Bores
« Reply #4080 on: August 21, 2017, 02:06:36 PM »
I dunno at this point I do like Roman more than Brock. He might be a predictable charmless doofus but so is brock and at least roman has a broader moveset now

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4081 on: August 21, 2017, 03:52:59 PM »
Any rumors on how long they plan to keep the belt on Brock at this point? When is his part-timer contract up?
serge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4082 on: August 21, 2017, 08:41:41 PM »
Are we going to hear "GLORIOUS" on Raw tonight?  :hyper
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4083 on: August 21, 2017, 11:13:02 PM »

for better or worse, looks like roode is gonna be team blue

FunSlower

« Reply #4084 on: August 22, 2017, 02:55:23 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

for better or worse, looks like roode is gonna be team blue

I can dig it. AJ/Roode should be fun since it's not in TNA anymore.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4085 on: August 22, 2017, 03:24:48 PM »
fingers crossed he'll be able to eventually have a good match in wwe. at least him and aj have worked together before, so that should make it a lot easier. he just didn't mesh well with anyone he worked with in nxt.

FunSlower

« Reply #4086 on: August 22, 2017, 05:13:01 PM »
fingers crossed he'll be able to eventually have a good match in wwe. at least him and aj have worked together before, so that should make it a lot easier. he just didn't mesh well with anyone he worked with in nxt.

As much as I didn't care about McIntyre/Roode at Takeover, Roode did real good, and it was a decent match. He's like another Kane. Just rely on him for solid matches, rarely spectacular.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4087 on: August 22, 2017, 05:23:06 PM »
He's like another Kane. Just rely on him for solid matches, rarely spectacular.
Hadn't thought about it that way but it makes sense, good point. And to be fair, being a top heel doesn't require amazing match work. Look at Miz: dude is a superstar heel and on a goddamn tear but still wrestles in a more subdued style.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4088 on: August 22, 2017, 11:17:15 PM »

YES!  GLORIOUS THEME ON SD!  (Oh and I guess Roode is there, too.)
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #4089 on: August 23, 2017, 09:46:31 AM »
Here's the thing: Drew isn't that good. His post-WWE run was trash and for some reason he was able to convince people he was secretly this great talent. He's not going to have a great match against anyone. Bobby Roode isn't going to have a great main event match with anyone because he's not a main event type wrestler in this era. Bobby being paired up with Japanese workers with heavy, stiff strike based offense was never going to work and I was amazed they went with Itami right after those two matches with Nak.

Anyway, here's the gifs for Summerslam for those interested

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/new-blog-3/2017/8/22/wwe-summerslam-2017

Just like you wouldn't really look to Kane to showcase some stiff ass motherfuckers...the planets are aligning. Kane's "retirement"...

Speaking of Kane, he said he still might come back, but he's focused on his political bid.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4090 on: August 24, 2017, 12:08:54 PM »
Got another email survey from WWE. I wonder if I always get picked for these cause I'm one of the few who always fills them out. :doge

Anyway, it was Pick Your 10 Favorite WWE/NXT/Legends Superstars. This survey was specifically marked as being a WWE Network survey so it's probably to make choices on future specials/video collections?

My picks:

Braun Strowman
Brock Lesnar
Dean Ambrose
John Cena
Kevin Owens
The Miz
The New Day
Asuka (NXT)
Authors of Pain (NXT)
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin

TVC15

« Reply #4091 on: August 24, 2017, 12:23:11 PM »
Why did you put Dean Ambrose on that list you piece of shit  :ufup

For real. Replace that shit with Ric Flair or something.
serge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4092 on: August 24, 2017, 12:28:47 PM »
I find Dean's antics entertaining. :yeshrug Also it's already submitted, so look forward to another Shield related WWE Network Special, plebs

edit: Also tbh if I didn't pick Dean I'd have gone with Roman so the end result would be the same.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 12:43:55 PM by nachobro »

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #4093 on: August 24, 2017, 12:59:20 PM »
Dean was great in The Shield and just after. Then he got lazy and complacent. He's picking back up recently. One of his matches with Cesaro a few weeks back was really good.
nat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4094 on: August 24, 2017, 02:47:32 PM »
:brazilcry

Omg I got the survey too, I have to counter act the Dean Ambrose vote. Better vote for The Drifter.

I went with AJ,  Neville, Corbin, Roman, Braun, Rusev, Joe, Bruno, Johnny Wrestling, Usos

The great Dean Ambrose:

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

Wait...you call him a piece of shit for picking Ambrose in a top 10 favorites list...then put the likes of Neville, Corbin, Roman, Braun, Rusev, and the Usos?
 :huh
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4095 on: August 24, 2017, 02:51:54 PM »
Hey I put Braun too :maf

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4096 on: August 24, 2017, 03:01:44 PM »
What's wrong with any of those guys except for maybe Corbin? Dean Ambrose better than NEVILLE, Roman, BRAUN, Rusev, and the USOS?

Wtf, uce.

Is this not a list of essentially anyone, from any time, in the WWE?  I wouldn't put any of those dudes in there.
ど助平

TVC15

« Reply #4097 on: August 24, 2017, 03:21:06 PM »
:brazilcry

Omg I got the survey too, I have to counter act the Dean Ambrose vote. Better vote for The Drifter.

I went with AJ,  Neville, Corbin, Roman, Braun, Rusev, Joe, Bruno, Johnny Wrestling, Usos

Needs Miz.
serge

FunSlower

« Reply #4098 on: August 24, 2017, 04:32:23 PM »
Current Roster Fave Five:

5. Strowman
4. Asuka
3. Usos
2. Ru-Ru Da Gawd
1. Pete Dunne

#JuicyJinder would be on there but there's only so much room. Dana Brooke is MIA due to her tragedy, she needs time to grieve.

chronovore

• relapsed dev

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4100 on: August 25, 2017, 12:54:18 AM »
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/asuka-relinquishes-nxt-womens-title
NXT Women’s Champion Asuka relinquished her title to NXT General Manager William Regal tonight at Full Sail University in Orlando, Fla. After her dominant performance and historic 500-plus day reign as NXT Women’s Champion, The Empress of Tomorrow looks to her future for new opportunities in WWE, though no specific details are known at this time. Her reign will officially end on the date that her historic announcement airs.

:salute

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4101 on: August 25, 2017, 02:16:20 AM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #4103 on: August 25, 2017, 03:43:59 AM »
Is that really Marty? Sounds like a distinguished mentally-challenged Indian fan.
Hi

archie4208

« Reply #4104 on: August 25, 2017, 06:13:57 AM »
NXT Women’s Champion Asuka relinquished her title to NXT General Manager William Regal tonight at Full Sail University in Orlando, Fla. After her dominant performance and historic 500-plus day reign as NXT Women’s Champion, The Empress of Tomorrow looks to her future for new opportunities in WWE, though no specific details are known at this time. Her reign will officially end on the date that her historic announcement airs.

Can't wait for her to lose to Alexa in 3 minutes on the main roster.   ::)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4105 on: August 25, 2017, 07:34:01 AM »

Meltzer said that she got injured and may be out for weeks/months. But hey!  Maybe this means she'll finally be moved up to the main roster and--

Can't wait for her to lose to Alexa in 3 minutes on the main roster.   ::)

:stahp
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #4107 on: August 25, 2017, 09:11:31 AM »
Is that really Marty? Sounds like a distinguished mentally-challenged Indian fan.

Yeah...that's Marty.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #4108 on: August 25, 2017, 03:33:44 PM »

Yeah...that's Marty.
:doge
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4109 on: August 28, 2017, 04:33:51 PM »
That sounds amazing.   :lol 

And holy shit.  Legit shook...no pun intended.

There was a shoot incident involving Global Force Wrestling’s Rosemary and masked luchadora Sexy Star at Saturday night’s Triplemanía XXV show in Mexico City that resulted in Rosemary’s elbow popping from an armbar finisher.

The reports are that Star put the move on legitimately to end a four-way match for the Reina de Reinas title that also involved Lady Shani and Ayako Hamada.

According to PWInsider.com, Rosemary’s injury is said to not be that serious and she is not expected to be out of action for too long.

It was noted that Lady Shani and Star were legitimately shooting on each other at one point during the match. The backstage scene was said to be “extremely tense.” Star left the arena but was brought back by Vampiro and she apologized to Rosemary. She then quickly left again.

Shani was still upset after the match and was reportedly looking for Star backstage to finish what they started.

Rosemary spoke out on the incident Sunday night on Twitter. Via the social media platform, Rosemary took direct aim at Star for her actions in the ring and after in the locker room.

She wrote, “Let me make this perfectly clear: if you take liberties with someone else’s body when they are giving it to you and trusting you to keep them safe, you are not tough. You are an asshole. And you don’t belong in this business.

“Sexy Star decided to do that this weekend at Triplemania. And while I have remained quiet on social media until I was more calm to address the situation, I have now been informed that she is telling people that it us a work. You are all now being informed that Sexy Star is a liar. She was a liar in the locker room when she was forced to apologize and instead cooked up some bullshit excuse that she “didn’t know” and she is a liar now. You know if you are torquing on someone’s arm. You know an armbar is a real and dangerous hold.

“The only reason your face is not broken right now is because a little voice inside my head as I lay on the apron kept repeating, “Don’t go to Mexican prison…” (thanks, Demon)

“However, turning to positives: the outreach from the wrestling community has been incredible. I’m overwhelmed with how much love I feel right now from friends, fans and people I have yet to meet in this amazing business. We are a family and we protect our own. If you violate that, you are not welcome here.

“I also want to thank the AAA locker room. Multiple people came up to me saying how sorry and disgusted they were. Thank you Hamada and Shani, who also had to deal with bullshit from Star during that match. Thank you Vampiro, for professionally trying to calm a volatile situation, though, as you know, once the excuses started pouring out of Sexy Star’s mouth in lieu of an apology, it was over.

“Thank you to the amazing GFW locker room, both present that night and not. I have so much support from everyone and talent, crew and office have all reached out to show me that.”
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4110 on: August 28, 2017, 04:41:29 PM »
watched the weird battle royale or whatever it was before the fight and was confused as hell when Jarrett showed up. That match looked like a mess, didn't realize that encompassed the whole show :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4111 on: August 28, 2017, 05:30:41 PM »
Stro did you just get that favorite Superstars survey again? I just got the exact same email for it, might fill it out again with all different people so I can catch the ones I missed.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4112 on: August 28, 2017, 11:18:05 PM »
Cena and Roman promo was :lawd This is building up real well.

Also I bet my friend that Enzo will be Cruiserweight champ at or before No Mercy. Feeling confident.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4113 on: August 29, 2017, 12:16:34 AM »
Cena crushed Reigns with that promo.  When Cena said that he can do this part-time better than Reigns could ever do it full-time...DAMN.
 :whoo
ど助平

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #4114 on: August 29, 2017, 06:50:25 AM »
jesus christ they took the title off of Sasha again? what the fuck are they doing?
nat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4115 on: August 29, 2017, 07:27:39 AM »
That promo was fucking stupid. That's the kind of promo people shit on Vince Russo for. Shit made absolutely no sense and is a terrible way to build to a fake wrestling match. The whole thing almost felt like a punishment to Roman. Obviously Cena was going to eat him alive even in a normal promo, but to do the worked shoot shit and outright shit on Roman for failing to be the guy the company wants him to be (and also randomly taking a shot at Taker), talking about heel turns and 4th walls....shit is silly.

This is how you get an angle where Goldberg refuses to take Kevin Nash's powerbomb and forces Nash/Steiner to call a match on the fly much to the kudos of the announcers.

Maybe the intention was a true sink or swim moment for Roman, but shit, I see no benefit to a promo like that ever. I could probably talk for 3 days how fucking distinguished mentally-challenged that whole segment was.

If that was a sink or swim moment for reigns...he's at the bottom of the ocean now.  He couldn't keep up with Cena and even seemed to forget what he was supposed to say.  The best he could come up with was to call Cena a "fake bitch."  WWE, seriously...get him a manager.  He needs a mouthpiece badly.

Interestingly, WWE uploaded this segment to Youtube and to steal from GAF:
  • In general it seems to be edited for time, cutting any lul in the dialog and making the responses look instantanuious.
  • They cut some comments, most glaringly being Cena talking about not being old and busted like 'Taker and him claiming the power is in the audiences hands.
  • The part where Roman forgets his lines and Cena agitates him about not being able to cut a promo is excised.
  • Roman's "fake bitch" is bleeped out
  • [/LIST
[/list]
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4116 on: August 29, 2017, 10:15:03 AM »
I thought it was a solid improvement for Roman tbh. He was certainly out shined by Cena but Cena has like 10 years experience over Roman. This was the first promo Roman has done in a while that didn't feel fake. I could see the "sink or swim" angle I guess but I also don't think that Roman did too bad.

FunSlower

« Reply #4117 on: August 29, 2017, 10:47:50 AM »
I liked the promo :yeshrug

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #4118 on: August 29, 2017, 11:33:25 AM »
I thought it was fine. Their match should be good so that's mostly all that matters; this is just a way to get some heat on the match/feud I suppose. I'm guessing this is a product of "what do we do to keep Roman over/in a top spot while Brock has the title and feuds with Braun" since there's no room for Roman in the title picture with Bork Laser having the title and Braun having gotten himself over like a motherfucker.

But if I had to guess, I'd say stro is upset that it makes Roman look stupid.

:hitler
yar

TVC15

« Reply #4119 on: August 29, 2017, 11:44:33 AM »
Is it just me or is Cena's speaking style a bit different since his current return?
serge

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #4120 on: August 29, 2017, 12:52:09 PM »
All this shit did was expose, yet again, that Reigns doesn't have it to be a talker. He never was and never will. At this point I don't by anyone claiming that he's just new to the game or green. The Shield debuted five years ago. He's had all this time to get better and he just hasn't. He's just as stilted as he's always been.

If he talks it needs to be in short concise sentences that get the point across. Otherwise you end up with him stalling for time and looking like a fool.
nat

archie4208

« Reply #4121 on: August 29, 2017, 10:20:46 PM »
I thought it was fine. Their match should be good so that's mostly all that matters; this is just a way to get some heat on the match/feud I suppose. I'm guessing this is a product of "what do we do to keep Roman over/in a top spot while Brock has the title and feuds with Braun" since there's no room for Roman in the title picture with Bork Laser having the title and Braun having gotten himself over like a motherfucker.

But if I had to guess, I'd say stro is upset that it makes Roman look stupid.

:hitler

It's not like he needs any help doing that.  :teehee

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #4122 on: August 29, 2017, 11:15:00 PM »
I mean, if you're going to get upset about something, it just seems like there are better things to be upset about, such as the continued mystifying presence of Randy Orton as ostensibly a main event face in this, the year of our lord 2017. But diff'rent strokes n all that.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #4123 on: August 29, 2017, 11:51:09 PM »
I get that, but in a way I kinda think going for this angle is ingenious.

If you said "we're going to have a Roman-Cena program that might turn into a full blown feud for a couple months" the FIRST thing you'd expect is, "oh god, the fucking smarks are going to trip over their dicks in a mad scramble to see who can bitch the loudest about having this shoved down our throats."

Instead they're bitching about the promo! Vince da gawd strikes again.

:money
yar

archie4208

« Reply #4124 on: August 30, 2017, 06:17:39 AM »
One thing that annoys me about Roman/Cena is that match could have easily been a WrestleMania main event and they're giving it away on a B tier PPV with a four week build.  I guess that's slapdash booking for ya.

FunSlower

« Reply #4125 on: August 30, 2017, 09:24:22 AM »
Roman looked like he was fumbling by design. It wasn't exposing him for being a poor talker. It was letting Cena be Cena, and playing it up. The next couple weeks will show Roman getting one over on Cena, I am sure. It's all according to keikaku.

TVC15

« Reply #4126 on: August 30, 2017, 12:26:45 PM »
Roman looked like he was fumbling by design. It wasn't exposing him for being a poor talker. It was letting Cena be Cena, and playing it up. The next couple weeks will show Roman getting one over on Cena, I am sure. It's all according to keikaku.

I don't know why you think this when we know, for a fact, that Roman is terrible on the mic. Then again maybe this whole post is a joke because of the keikaku thing.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #4127 on: August 30, 2017, 01:03:26 PM »
If it was a worked botch, Roman would have botched it and said something notable.
serge

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #4128 on: August 30, 2017, 01:21:43 PM »
I don't believe for a single second Roman's fumble was prescripted. Nope.
nat

FunSlower

« Reply #4129 on: August 30, 2017, 04:59:29 PM »

I don't know why you think this when we know, for a fact, that Roman is terrible on the mic. Then again maybe this whole post is a joke because of the keikaku thing.

He's not amazing, but he's not as bad as they were playing up. Work work work!

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #4130 on: September 01, 2017, 09:23:30 PM »
JBL off commentary :rejoice

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4131 on: September 05, 2017, 12:35:25 AM »
only caught the main event on raw but damn it was solid. big show baby face looks a bit silly though.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4132 on: September 12, 2017, 08:23:23 PM »
DBryan bodyshaming KO tonight? Of all the people to do it :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4133 on: September 12, 2017, 09:51:55 PM »
Fatshamed again! This time by Vince :rofl

TVC15

« Reply #4134 on: September 12, 2017, 10:05:30 PM »
Chrisley Knows Best > WWE
serge

archie4208

« Reply #4135 on: September 13, 2017, 06:09:39 AM »
Vince getting Shibata'd  :holeup

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4136 on: September 13, 2017, 07:54:03 AM »
Jasmine St. Claire showed up to give JB a lap dance because she'd been watching for 3 weeks and saw no asses

0/10 for not showing this.   :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4137 on: September 13, 2017, 09:40:23 AM »
Yet no one seems to remember that in the same segment, the Dupps play spin the bottle with each other and Stan Dupp tells Goldylocks she has pretty pussy lips.  :trumps

Sounds like the pro wrestling version of The Bore.
ど助平

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #4138 on: September 13, 2017, 01:16:12 PM »
The first couple years of TNA was such a glorious shitshow

:rejoice
yar

archie4208