Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1082980 times)

Bebpo

Re: Corona Thread |OT| Money-printer goes BRRRR
« Reply #7260 on: April 30, 2020, 02:38:44 PM »
I saw the article on the oxford vaccine thing potentially being ready for mass production in the fall for medical staff first and it seemed pretty promising. Using existing coronavirus vaccine so it skips a ton of the early timeframe and already works on monkeys to prevent covid-19. Would be a game changer if they could vaccinate the elderly and high risk groups by the end of the year.

Would save 2021.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #7261 on: April 30, 2020, 02:56:49 PM »

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin told President Vladimir Putin on Thursday that he had been diagnosed with the new coronavirus and was temporarily stepping down to recover.

Mishustin, 54, suggested that First Deputy Prime Minister Andrei Belousov serve as acting prime minister in his absence. Putin, who appointed Mishustin in January, supported the proposal.

Mishustin, who has been one of the main coordinators of Russia's response to the new coronavirus, is the first high-ranking Russian official to publicly say they have the virus. He broke the news hours after the number of confirmed cases of the virus in Russia surged past the 100,000 mark.

Mishustin told Putin about his diagnosis during a televised video conference.

"I have found out that the coronavirus tests I had done returned with a positive result," Mishustin said. "I need to self-isolate, and follow doctors' instructions. This is necessary for the safety of my colleagues."

Mishustin said he would remain in contact with members of the government and Putin by phone and video conference despite his condition.

Putin told Mishustin to call him as soon as he reached hospital and wished him a speedy recovery.

Mishustin's fate showed that anyone could contract the virus, Putin added.

Russia's nationwide tally of confirmed coronavirus cases surged past the 100,000 mark earlier on Thursday after a record daily rise in new infections.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #7262 on: April 30, 2020, 03:53:06 PM »
Seems to be holding steady on the island, with a slight spike these last 2 days. 151 have it in my town of 15k. But still, Suffolk is #6 for cases by county (we ceded #5 to Cook/Chicago just recently) and Nassau is #4 (and the next county over from Nassau is Queens, #1).
^_^

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #7263 on: April 30, 2020, 03:56:26 PM »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7264 on: April 30, 2020, 04:10:56 PM »
Not the heroes we deserve, but the ones we needed.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't necessarily agree with ARMED rushing the government, but rushing the government in times like this? Hell yes, let's get some shit going on that front.
[close]

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7265 on: April 30, 2020, 05:03:20 PM »

Leadbelly

« Reply #7266 on: April 30, 2020, 05:37:56 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin told President Vladimir Putin on Thursday that he had been diagnosed with the new coronavirus and was temporarily stepping down to recover.

Mishustin, 54, suggested that First Deputy Prime Minister Andrei Belousov serve as acting prime minister in his absence. Putin, who appointed Mishustin in January, supported the proposal.

Mishustin, who has been one of the main coordinators of Russia's response to the new coronavirus, is the first high-ranking Russian official to publicly say they have the virus. He broke the news hours after the number of confirmed cases of the virus in Russia surged past the 100,000 mark.

Mishustin told Putin about his diagnosis during a televised video conference.

"I have found out that the coronavirus tests I had done returned with a positive result," Mishustin said. "I need to self-isolate, and follow doctors' instructions. This is necessary for the safety of my colleagues."

Mishustin said he would remain in contact with members of the government and Putin by phone and video conference despite his condition.

Putin told Mishustin to call him as soon as he reached hospital and wished him a speedy recovery.

Mishustin's fate showed that anyone could contract the virus, Putin added.

Russia's nationwide tally of confirmed coronavirus cases surged past the 100,000 mark earlier on Thursday after a record daily rise in new infections.

So Russia has gone past 100,000 cases. I was looking at the figures around the world earlier and this jumped out at me. 100,000 cases but only 1000 deaths. I think that is kind of similar to Germany. Of course deaths could rise dramatically quite quickly. It would be interesting to know though, the sort of demographics it is hitting.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7268 on: April 30, 2020, 06:01:22 PM »
 :lol

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7269 on: April 30, 2020, 06:11:15 PM »
I just want to say the use of He-Man is clearly cultural appropriation of the Danish. 

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7270 on: April 30, 2020, 06:12:12 PM »
thought that was volvagina and this breath the wild 2

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7271 on: April 30, 2020, 06:23:35 PM »

thisismyusername

« Reply #7272 on: April 30, 2020, 06:25:09 PM »

I don't necessarily agree with ARMED rushing the government, but rushing the government in times like this? Hell yes, let's get some shit going on that front.
[close]

That's right, sweaty. I support small business tyrants mad about the lockdown running up in the senate with expensive rifles to complain about it.  8)

:trumps All I'm saying is, the pussy-hats could learn something from them in barn-rushing the gubment. :trumps

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #7273 on: April 30, 2020, 06:34:09 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7274 on: April 30, 2020, 06:47:59 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #7276 on: April 30, 2020, 07:56:34 PM »
Cuz we're a dumb biiiiiiiitch

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Tripon

« Reply #7278 on: April 30, 2020, 09:55:31 PM »

bluemax

« Reply #7279 on: April 30, 2020, 09:57:50 PM »
Numbers increased again today in LA but not as much as yesterday. Also I think they're mixing in backlog numbers so who the fuck knows anymore. The next big thing is the governor fighting the different counties over beaches being open. Thankfully it isn't super hot right now (it has been overcast where I live for a few days, and I'm a couple miles from the beach), so maybe people stay in. Still lots of speculation that they extend the S-A-H until June so that people don't have big Memorial Day parties.
NO

Tripon

« Reply #7280 on: April 30, 2020, 10:00:04 PM »
Numbers increased again today in LA but not as much as yesterday. Also I think they're mixing in backlog numbers so who the fuck knows anymore. The next big thing is the governor fighting the different counties over beaches being open. Thankfully it isn't super hot right now (it has been overcast where I live for a few days, and I'm a couple miles from the beach), so maybe people stay in. Still lots of speculation that they extend the S-A-H until June so that people don't have big Memorial Day parties.

You're worried about Memorial Day? Cinco De Drinko comes on May 5th. There's going to be some duuuuuuuuuuuumb people on that day.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7281 on: April 30, 2020, 11:05:10 PM »

[close]

That's right, sweaty. I support small business tyrants mad about the lockdown running up in the senate with expensive rifles to complain about it.  8)

The vacillating middle bourgeois Mao cautioned us all of.

[close]

Mao also mentioned that you be a dummy, read, it is in a book.

bluemax

« Reply #7282 on: May 01, 2020, 01:34:20 AM »

You're worried about Memorial Day? Cinco De Drinko comes on May 5th. There's going to be some duuuuuuuuuuuumb people on that day.

I hadn't even considered either until today when I saw others bringing up Memorial Day. There's no way both holidays don't end poorly.
NO

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7283 on: May 01, 2020, 04:47:56 AM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7284 on: May 01, 2020, 08:50:25 AM »
state is "opening" today just a little bit. i guess the plan is to try it for two weeks and see what happens, it seems like mostly sane choices to me.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 09:03:37 AM by nachobro »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #7285 on: May 01, 2020, 08:54:17 AM »
Gun stores reopening god bless america  :usacry

:rejoice
(ice)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #7287 on: May 01, 2020, 09:04:16 AM »
wagies :corona_mj
(ice)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #7288 on: May 01, 2020, 09:20:33 AM »

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #7289 on: May 01, 2020, 10:13:16 AM »
He has a job--holding up stupid signs his parents made him create.

nudemacusers

« Reply #7290 on: May 01, 2020, 10:50:32 AM »
He has a job--holding up stupid signs his parents made him create.
He also prob gets allowance, so he’s getting better compensated than certain forum mods 😂 👀
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Himu

« Reply #7291 on: May 01, 2020, 10:55:41 AM »
I GOT MY TAX RETURN IN MY ACCOUNT TODAY I'M FUCKING SAVED!!! :rejoice
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7293 on: May 01, 2020, 11:39:03 AM »
 :-\

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7294 on: May 01, 2020, 11:49:52 AM »

I'd gofundme this. 

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #7295 on: May 01, 2020, 12:01:55 PM »
The mood and feeling of all full time grocery store workers

I'm a full-time produce clerk, specifically the green or wetwall for produce. I stock, condition, cull, and chill all the produce that gets sprayed by water. Before this shit, I'd have the time to fill all hundred spots, make the entire wall look full and pristine. I get off on the quality of all my produce being high, stocked to the brim, and looking beautiful.

Since this pandemic shit, and business being up 20% - 30% everyday, I get about 10 minutes of something looking nice or full before some cunt or dufus decides to check every cucumber for the perfect one, people picking at shit and making a mess. Social distancing is a joke, customers don't give a fuck when they want green onion or bananas.

I'm not looking for pity, salutes, or cock sucking (unless you're cute). What grocery store workers really want is higher pay and to be treated a lot better by management, by these corporations.

As it stands, my heart, mind, and soul, wanna rip and tear every other motherfucker at work. We are exhausted, spent, treated like pieces of meat, and people wanna pretend that we can go back to normal.

Part of me is okay if Corona does get worse, a dark part of me perhaps. If our economy, capitalism in general, corporations as a whole fail and can't be redeemed, I'll be smiling as I stand at ground zero.
OH!

Himu

« Reply #7296 on: May 01, 2020, 12:05:46 PM »
I feel you morma. I can tell some crazy stories working as a pizza delivery driver in the middle of this pandemic. It ain't pretty.

Keep doing a good job. Sorry for all you're going through.
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7298 on: May 01, 2020, 01:54:28 PM »
I basically don't believe any death counts outside of Western Europe and Canada - mostly because they are the only ones that I know include things like LTC deaths.  The rest are all totalitarian state cover-ups. 

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #7299 on: May 01, 2020, 01:58:08 PM »

Quebec
-2,020 deaths (+163)*
-26,648 confirmed cases (+1,110)*
-1,716 in hospital (+31)
-218 in ICU (+4)

*Record increases, but the deaths include previously uncounted deaths.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7300 on: May 01, 2020, 01:59:04 PM »
I basically don't believe any death counts outside of Western Europe and Canada - mostly because they are the only ones that I know include things like LTC deaths.  The rest are all totalitarian state cover-ups. 

In the US, the Deep State makes up death totals to make Trump look bad, so it probably balances out overall.
©@©™

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #7301 on: May 01, 2020, 02:00:44 PM »
lol UK.

So they said 100k a day tests by end of april.

On the last day they send out 39k tests so it looks like we made 100k a day testing.

That is like me doing an essay the night before and then just not quoting any sources and say well I just knew it myself.

LOL.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Pennywise

« Reply #7303 on: May 01, 2020, 02:33:53 PM »
lol UK.

So they said 100k a day tests by end of april.

On the last day they send out 39k tests so it looks like we made 100k a day testing.

That is like me doing an essay the night before and then just not quoting any sources and say well I just knew it myself.

LOL.
Meanwhile Germany could do up to 900k tests a week, but there isn't enough demand for it anymore. So far less tests are being done. At that point it's about time that more testing across borders should be done to help those nations that aren't having the necessary capacities yet, both with tests or labs.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7304 on: May 01, 2020, 02:36:55 PM »
Is it really blackface if its a caricature mask of a black president and also being worn next to a caricature mask of a white president? 

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #7305 on: May 01, 2020, 02:44:26 PM »
https://twitter.com/JesseKellyDC/status/1255471539694206979

For some reason the tweet won’t embed properly but you guys have seen the latest from de Blasio, right?

A special message to the Jews...

https://mobile.twitter.com/bariweiss/status/1256268911361830913

Solid writing.

But that wasn’t the mayor’s goal. The point was to signal to the rest of us that he was a man of action, entirely in control of the situation. What he did was send an inadvertent message to anti-Semites that Jews were to blame.

“Hassids own so much,” Felix Biederman, a co-host of the popular left-wing “Chapo Trap House” podcast, tweeted on Thursday. “Just zero regard for the rest of humanity or any idea of modernity and they’re also like yeah we need to live in the middle of this city for whatever reason.”

Hasidic Jews aren’t particularly well-off and have been in these neighborhoods for generations. Presenting them as interloping vultures is not simply a lie. It is classic anti-Semitism.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7306 on: May 01, 2020, 02:52:25 PM »
hasids are obnoxious cunts but also diblasio is pretty stupid. a terrible mix, but then you add bari weiss and it's enough to make you want to kill yourself.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #7307 on: May 01, 2020, 03:01:27 PM »
You're not allowed to mock one of the most powerful people in the world, because of the color of his skin. Duh.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7308 on: May 01, 2020, 03:17:45 PM »
lmao water parks :nope

thisismyusername

« Reply #7309 on: May 01, 2020, 03:30:57 PM »
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1256296009249980416

I mean, charity is cool and all but all I can think at this is: 1) Who cares and 2) DAMN, Chris Pratt looks horrible without make-up/stylists now.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #7310 on: May 01, 2020, 03:33:53 PM »
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1256296009249980416

I mean, charity is cool and all but all I can think at this is: 1) Who cares and 2) DAMN, Chris Pratt looks horrible without make-up/stylists now.

I watched it last night, and they all looked awful. Make-up/stylists truly are an essential job.

Tasty

« Reply #7311 on: May 01, 2020, 03:38:22 PM »
A fucking $200k TV camera and a fleet of salaried makeup and camera people actually do make a difference, who knew?

Tasty

« Reply #7312 on: May 01, 2020, 03:39:10 PM »
Imagine if it was unscripted and horribly awkward.

"Oh wow, I guess they really did have writers on that show."

Tasty

« Reply #7313 on: May 01, 2020, 03:42:19 PM »
Web cams and selfie cams in general use wide angle lenses that distort people's faces.

Correct. And outside of auteur directors and well the 90's in general, you're not really going to see such lenses used in actual productions (except for hyper-specific shots.)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #7314 on: May 01, 2020, 04:00:31 PM »
im ready for successful writer tasty

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #7315 on: May 01, 2020, 04:01:36 PM »

Tasty