Author Topic: Elon Bought Twitter- X GON GIVE IT TO YA  (Read 80244 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: Muskrat to Buy Twitter. Time to Abandon it.
« Reply #1140 on: November 15, 2022, 02:29:06 PM »
Its pretty fucking  :brain to be shit talking elon on the company forums if you don't want to get fired when he's shown himself to be petty enough to personally call people out for writing shit code on twitter after laying them off

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1141 on: November 15, 2022, 02:48:56 PM »
Again and again Twatter people are exposed as being unprofessional idiots.

Did they not notice management changed and he was doing things differently?

Just because you used to be able to criticise your bosses doesn't mean you will continue to be able to do that under new ownership.

Read the fucking room you idiots.
Spud

Occam

« Reply #1142 on: November 15, 2022, 03:07:34 PM »
Are the people he fires entitled to severance packages?
If so, getting kicked out now may not be the worst thing. There is lots of demand for software engineers.

Tasty

« Reply #1143 on: November 15, 2022, 06:41:20 PM »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1144 on: November 15, 2022, 06:46:22 PM »
If so, getting kicked out now may not be the worst thing. There is lots of demand for software engineers.
Other than any minor legal requirements by the state this would depend on their contract if they have one. While tech companies are often unique, Twitter is old enough and has been public long enough that I would assume only the executives have them. Although that one guy had been there for a while he still seems to be more of a random engineer from what I saw.

benjipwns

« Reply #1145 on: November 15, 2022, 06:47:18 PM »
https://gizmodo.com/mastodon-toot-retired-twitter-tweet-equivalent-1849786221

Urge to install my own Mastodon instance rising :idont
Eugen Rochko, the software’s German creator, explained amid a flood of new users this month that he’d adopted the word “toot” early on at the urging of a popular Youtuber who’d offered him financial support as long as he continued using the term, which in addition to describing the noise created by a horn is — in American English at least — a synonym for the word “fart.”

Rochko said at the time he was unaware of the connotation.
Gross.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1147 on: November 15, 2022, 07:04:55 PM »

With Twitter, Facebook and Amazon laying off thousands the competition is probably not that much fun right now

Polident Hive

« Reply #1148 on: November 15, 2022, 08:14:51 PM »
Yeah. Desperate throws to make Twitter firings, or losing free lunches or whatever, sympathetic human rights issues is falling flat when Meta and Amazon are rocking higher rates. It’s pretty bad all around. But the focus is on Musk atm so nobody cares about those other billionaires.

Well, that’s not all true. Some bought the fluff piece about Bezos giving away his money. See, some billionaire tech giants are real ones! To pee in a bottle on the job is to pee for Bezos!

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #1150 on: November 16, 2022, 11:17:58 AM »
:O

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1151 on: November 16, 2022, 11:38:02 AM »
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1592871281153650688

The way he's running the company is truly hilarious.

james

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1154 on: November 16, 2022, 12:56:44 PM »
honestly should have led with this form initially and THEN done the mass firing once you weeded out the people who aren't hardcore
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1155 on: November 16, 2022, 01:32:31 PM »
The lazy ones will hate this, those that want to go hardcore will only be more commited to the cause.
Those willing to work also know that rewards await them. Historically people that worked at Elon's companies have been well compensated for the work they did.
🤴

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #1156 on: November 16, 2022, 01:51:53 PM »
Me going hardcore to optimise Yum Brands ad clickthrough rates on twitter
 :dsp
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

who is ted danson?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Boredfrom

« Reply #1158 on: November 16, 2022, 02:46:17 PM »
honestly should have led with this form initially and THEN done the mass firing once you weeded out the people who aren't hardcore

While I don’t think it is good in the long run (San Francisco hipster engineers are not exactly cool with work),he definitely should have done that . Avoids most of the bad press and filters everyone that is not a loyalist (what I suppose he wants) willing to sleep at the floor.

james

« Reply #1159 on: November 16, 2022, 03:01:38 PM »
WTF would anyone stay?

The whole reason to crunch is for a massive payoff via an IPO or being bought by Google.

Or, in very specific cases, working "for the greater good" if youre into the "Mars for humanity" style dream.

Twitter offers neither.

Everyone knows he massively overpaid, so if he offloads it, it would be for significantly less.

And ranting about "potential bankruptcy" and slashing costs left and right doesnt exactly spell "big payoff soon".

Unless youre on a visa, "work 12 hour days so people can pay money to shitpost" is nobodies dream.

And while Elon is all about the "impending recession" talk, none of that is reflected in the data. Hiring is still robust. Walmart just reported very high sales. The big news about Amazon firing people? 1.2%.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1160 on: November 16, 2022, 03:21:05 PM »
People really are that stupid James. They really are.
Spud

james

« Reply #1161 on: November 16, 2022, 03:29:39 PM »

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #1162 on: November 16, 2022, 03:45:05 PM »
WTF would anyone stay?

The whole reason to crunch is for a massive payoff via an IPO or being bought by Google.

Or, in very specific cases, working "for the greater good" if youre into the "Mars for humanity" style dream.

Twitter offers neither.

Everyone knows he massively overpaid, so if he offloads it, it would be for significantly less.

And ranting about "potential bankruptcy" and slashing costs left and right doesnt exactly spell "big payoff soon".

Unless youre on a visa, "work 12 hour days so people can pay money to shitpost" is nobodies dream.

And while Elon is all about the "impending recession" talk, none of that is reflected in the data. Hiring is still robust. Walmart just reported very high sales. The big news about Amazon firing people? 1.2%.

If Musk wanted a bunch of employees to work long hours with low pay, he should’ve just bought ResetEra.

benjipwns

« Reply #1164 on: November 16, 2022, 05:55:23 PM »
Musk makes the same "hardcore" directive at every company and has since at least X.com. He has never outlined exactly what this means and I get the impression none of the management at any of the companies is actually ensuring the employees are in fact hardcore.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1165 on: November 16, 2022, 06:02:00 PM »
Yeah it seems more like a rally the troops kind of thing. He also sets the example by working hard. Classic Musk move.
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1166 on: November 17, 2022, 08:18:45 PM »
sounds like serious shit going down right now, mass walk out protest?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/17/tech/twitter-employees-ultimatum-deadline

someone said 500k tweets with the hashtag #riptwitter?
Uncle

Propagandhim

« Reply #1167 on: November 17, 2022, 08:31:05 PM »
What if Twitter implodes and everyone comes to TheBore for their social media fix?? Can our servers handle it? 

Tasty

« Reply #1168 on: November 17, 2022, 08:36:22 PM »
This forum software can't even handle returning a large search result to a single user without momentarily hitching the site up for everyone lol

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1169 on: November 17, 2022, 08:45:03 PM »
total staffing is down 89%?
Uncle

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #1170 on: November 17, 2022, 09:07:18 PM »
i feel like the robot machine god who elon serves has serverely underestimated the human capacity to not work any harder than they absolutely have to. laziness will deliver us like the common cold in war of the worlds.

james

« Reply #1171 on: November 17, 2022, 09:10:53 PM »
Called it. The only incentive to stay was a visa and you can bet they've been sending out resumes as fast as they can

https://mobile.twitter.com/kyliebytes/status/1593391954976382979

Occam

« Reply #1172 on: November 18, 2022, 12:06:52 AM »
Hahahaha! Looks like he overplayed his hand. Good for them! Who wouldn't want to work for a fickle narcissist who went to the Kim Jong-Un School of Leadership? So what's Elmo going to do now? Fire everyone else as announced or give in and become even more of a laughing stock?

Maybe some of the weird nerds who keep coming to his defense are coders who would like to worship him from up close?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 01:51:04 AM by Occam »

benjipwns

« Reply #1173 on: November 18, 2022, 12:28:33 AM »
Who wouldn't want to work for a fickle narcissist who went to the Kim Jong-Un School of Leadership? So what's Elmo going to do now?
You really got to stop picking up all your lingo from BlueAnon orbiting grifters my man. :jeanluc

Occam

« Reply #1174 on: November 18, 2022, 12:32:27 AM »
You mean "Elmo"? I thought it was funny. I wouldn't have known about it if it hadn't been posted in this very thread; I do not waste my time following these people around.

Edit: It's purportedly become his nickname inside the company, too:
https://www.businessinsider.com/twitter-insiders-users-calling-elon-musk-by-the-nickname-elmo-2022-11?op=1

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1175 on: November 18, 2022, 12:40:22 AM »
I thought Elno was far more clever and insulting. El-no, Hell-no...you get my drift...

:elon
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #1176 on: November 18, 2022, 12:45:03 AM »
I do not waste my time following these people around.
You'll forgive me if I'm skeptical of this considering how much you post all their favorite scams like The Lincoln Project and are often on about every topic they are. BIONIC (and others) probably wishes I would refrain from telling people when they're being openly "cringe" anyway so they keep doing it.

Occam

« Reply #1177 on: November 18, 2022, 12:58:49 AM »
How would you know, do you follow them around? As you may have noticed, I do not even participate in the Other Forums Containment thread (I haven't been to Resetera in many years.) Maybe all this exposure to awfulness is starting to warp your perception? I have no idea what the favorite scams of the "BlueAnon orbiting grifters" are.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1178 on: November 18, 2022, 01:12:23 AM »
I do not waste my time following these people around.
You'll forgive me if I'm skeptical of this considering how much you post all their favorite scams like The Lincoln Project and are often on about every topic they are. BIONIC (and others) probably wishes I would refrain from telling people when they're being openly "cringe" anyway so they keep doing it.

I always call him Elno Muskrat because I’m hip with the kids  :dice
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #1179 on: November 18, 2022, 01:12:49 AM »
Every single one of these people, everyone associated with The Lincoln Project, a hilarious number of the Democratic PACs out there, an endless number of self-declared journalists, etc.

edit: TinyURL'd so tweet won't embed, it's just a link to a tweet full of usernames and a picture, nothing nefarious.

Occam

« Reply #1180 on: November 18, 2022, 01:36:18 AM »
While you wrote this I made a post about it in the US politics thread, this really doesn't belong here.

benjipwns

« Reply #1181 on: November 18, 2022, 01:37:43 AM »
I think it is relevant here in one way, while I was just poking fun at the language you used, a lot of these people seem to think they're actually influential on and because of Twitter.

Occam

« Reply #1182 on: November 18, 2022, 01:42:36 AM »
That would be delusional.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 01:52:29 AM by Occam »

Occam

« Reply #1183 on: November 18, 2022, 03:22:01 AM »
Anyway, if all the employees who were fired/left got together now, they'd presumably have enough knowledge/manpower to immediately start a new company like Twitter. Except without Musk. Wouldn't that be hilarious?

Edit: Hundreds more have have resigned.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/17/technology/twitter-elon-musk-ftc.html

Resignations Roil Twitter as Elon Musk Tries Persuading Some Workers to Stay

Mr. Musk, Twitter’s new owner, had given employees a Thursday deadline to decide whether to leave or stay “to build a breakthrough Twitter 2.0.”

Or like I wrote above, they could leave and build Twitter 2.0

Mr. Musk and his advisers held meetings with some Twitter workers whom they deemed “critical” to stop them from leaving, four people with knowledge of the conversations said. He sent out confusing messages about the company’s remote work policy, appearing to soften his stance on not allowing people to work from home before warning their managers, according to those people and internal emails viewed by The New York Times.

All the while, two people said, resignations started to roll in. By the deadline, 5 p.m. Eastern time, hundreds of Twitter employees appeared to have decided to depart with three months of severance pay, the people said. Twitter later announced via email that it would close “our office buildings” and disable employee badge access until Monday.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 03:55:32 AM by Occam »

HaughtyFrank

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1185 on: November 18, 2022, 04:13:30 AM »
I don't really understand what Musk was planning there.

"Alright we're going hardcore, if you don't like that you can quit"

*People quit*

Musk:  :pika

Either he's truly an idiot or he wanted people to quit

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1186 on: November 18, 2022, 06:38:45 AM »
I don't really understand what Musk was planning there.

"Alright we're going hardcore, if you don't like that you can quit"

*People quit*

Musk:  :pika

Either he's truly an idiot or he wanted people to quit

yeah really I'm not sure if the pikachu part happened

"reportedly" he "tearfully begged" some employees to stay "while on his hands and knees"

but in advance of his takeover at various times he'd said he wanted to gut 75-90% of the workforce

it's just there are longer term, less chaotic ways of doing so, but he's getting what he said he wanted and tweeting for attention the whole way
Uncle

Occam

« Reply #1187 on: November 18, 2022, 08:05:59 AM »
In a twist shocking no one, turns out that Musk is a fraud who has been lying about having a scientific degree for decades and actually was in the USA illegally for a few years.
Someone took the time to research this using publicly available court documents:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1593307541932474368.html

BisMarckie

« Reply #1188 on: November 18, 2022, 08:13:38 AM »
In a twist shocking no one, turns out that Musk is a fraud who has been lying about having a scientific degree for decades and actually was in the USA illegally for a few years.
Someone took the time to research this using publicly available court documents:

Pretty sure that's doxxing according to bluechecks on twitter :ufup

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1189 on: November 18, 2022, 09:10:37 AM »

Pretty sure that's doxxing according to bluechecks on twitter :ufup
Blue checks don't like Musk so it doesn't count to them
Spud

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1190 on: November 18, 2022, 11:15:12 AM »
Occam read the room, man.  If you want to contribute maybe try a platitude like: Elon has a history of high expectations and exploiting workers.  It's pretty  :brain for Twitter employees to think that they wouldn't be treated just the same as someone working at Tesla and Space-X, despite never agreeing to work for those companies.  This really just shows how entitled and unprofessional these people are for publicly complaining about being expected to work harder and cover for all the people who just got fired.  Also, as a twitter user myself, I know for certain that they could have been working harder in any case.  Like imagine publicly advocating for fair working conditions and not expect any consequences.  The worst thing in all this is the tweets from SJWs exaggerating the situation, not the situation visa workers who can't leave now face.   

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1191 on: November 18, 2022, 11:36:51 AM »
My whole take on the situation is that at first I really didn't like this Musk guy, but then I saw a tweet where some loony compared his take over to apartheid, and now I just don't know what to think.  Like clearly all sides are awful, but it's kind of nice when one of the most powerful people in the world can give a little push back, you know?  Anyways, I think the rational position here is just to say that the world is as it is and anyone who expects anything different is nuts. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1192 on: November 18, 2022, 11:48:07 AM »
Oh, I just ventured into the Culture War thread and saw 100 more loony tweets shared by the best people.  Kinda low key rooting for Musk now.  It's funny how I'm generally anti-establishment and for workers but, those Twitter people man.  I know just the kind of people they are and I don't like them. 

I'm a pretty smart guy and to have my opinion changed so easily by the tweets from a bunch of terminally online losses really says something about them.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 11:53:40 AM by Madrun Badrun »

Occam

« Reply #1193 on: November 18, 2022, 12:01:27 PM »
At first you didn't like him but then you saw the tweet by a crazy person and that changed your mind? [Edit, oh, you were joking].

Anyway, lots of people were critical of Musk before all this, and then he went ahead and showed everyone that they all underestimated his awfulness.

Back on topic, I read that by now some ~90 percent of Twitter's engineers are gone and that it will not be possible to keep running Twitter for long this way. We'll find out soon enough.

Yesterday Twitter
announced via email that it would close “our office buildings” and disable employee badge access until Monday.
(NYT)
That's totally normal.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1194 on: November 18, 2022, 12:13:48 PM »
The panic about twitter dying is a bit curious. Pretty anecdotal but going by my follows it's mainly Americans who talk about how it's basically over while for Europeans it's just another day.

Also, while I'm not really sure if Musk knows what he's doing, this could be an interesting experiment in how many workers a social media website really needs

https://twitter.com/ChrisJBakke/status/1593622087603625988

Occam

« Reply #1196 on: November 18, 2022, 12:28:05 PM »
Is Elon alone in the building?

james

Occam

« Reply #1198 on: November 18, 2022, 01:09:36 PM »
Getting on their private jets right now and flying over really is the least they could do to show how much they appreciate dear leader.

who is ted danson?

« Reply #1199 on: November 18, 2022, 01:09:58 PM »
How long until

"twitter has suffered a massive hack / user data breach"

?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀