Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1297450 times)

Tasty

Kill la Kill :kobeyuck

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Kill la Kill is the hardest of the hardcore
The great Nipponese thrilla
Brutal and vicious
Its energy is impetuous
Its animation is impregnable

:bow :bow2
dog

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
Animu recommendation time:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/15809/Hataraku_Maou-sama!

Plot Summary: In another dimension the Devil King Sadao is only one step away from conquering the world when he is beaten by Hero Emilia and forced to drift to the other world: modern-day Tokyo. As "conquering the world" are the only skills the Devil King possesses - and are obviously unnecessary in his new situation - he must work as a freeter to pay for his living expenses.

magus

• LIKES FF7
Tonari no Seki-kun

this is a really funny manga and there is even an ongoing anime version, it's about this pair of students,yokoi is just your average schoolgirl but unfortunately for her she sits next to seki, seki has absolutely no interess in school and instead is a god of goofing off! the king of slacking! the master of time wasting!

so seki often pulls off contraption out of normal stationery just to pass time,the contraption all starts normaly enough but they all quickly spiral into madness, which often ends with yokoi not paying attention to the class as she gets distracted by seki... some of the first chapters (including in the episode of the anime released so far) gizmo include

- erasers to build a complicated domino sequence
- a japanese chess game turns into a coup d'etat
- a go game quickly turning into a fight between a cartoon bear and a cartoon rabbit

other funny scenario that aren't in the anime include

spoiler (click to show/hide)
- using toy robots to simulate a family evacuating a building
- a game of fukuwarai turning into a story about a family growing apart
- seki "defeating" a bunch of delicious sausage dressed like octopus warriors
- another game of shogi turns into a love drama
- minigolf where the hole are the crack on the table
- a game of othello turns into a simulation of a zombie outbreak
- a toy bear goes mountain climbing with the mountain being the back of the guy seating in front of seki
- seki bring a bunch of sands and decide to play the role of an archeleogist,completed with tiny dinosaur skeleton
- a game of shogi vs chess turns into an ambush scenario which quickly turn into a scenario about vengeful ghost
- building a toy city so that he can get a toy car license
- magnets to represent a baseball game
- one common gag is that seki usualy make up a scenario where he bullies something cute and plays the bad guy which often ends up annoying yokoi so she often ends butting in so that she can play the good guy role
[close]

it's the sort of manga where you have no idea what's going to happen next, each anime episode is only 5 minute long so give it a chance
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 06:54:10 PM by magus »
<----

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
I've been enjoying the Seki-kun anime. There's 5 episodes so far and an OVA that's basically two episodes.
©@©™

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Kill la Kill :kobeyuck
Episode 16 is quite, uh... Something. :lol Ragyo is ultra-creepy.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:30:35 AM by Rufus »

Yulwei

It does have some effect. For example, we still don't have Darker Than Black Season 1 blu ray release in NA due to the insane price in Japan.

Darker Than Black was my shit

I heard the second season was awful though. such a shame.

And yea I remember going to Suncoast a decade ago and seeing a single anime volume going for $30. Shit was super expensive back then.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:03:01 AM by Yulwei »

Beezy

Space Dandy finally had a completely enjoyable episode.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Space Dandy finally had a completely enjoyable episode.

...Which broke character from the other episodes and felt like something else entirely.  It was enjoyable, sure, but this show is just all over the place.  LOL if they do a "serious" episode next.
ど助平

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
I don't know why/how anyone would be creeped/grossed out by the bath scene in KLK 16. Maybe I'm desensitized or something.

It does have some effect. For example, we still don't have Darker Than Black Season 1 blu ray release in NA due to the insane price in Japan.

Darker Than Black was my shit

I heard the second season was awful though. such a shame.

And yea I remember going to Suncoast a decade ago and seeing a single anime volume going for $30. Shit was super expensive back then.

Season 2 is great. Those who hate it just can't handle Suou :uguu
Boo

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
LOL if they do a "serious" episode next.

They're not:

Season 2 is great. Those who hate it just can't handle Suou :uguu

Plus, if you skip season 2, you don't get to hear this:

:rock :lawd :rock
dog

helios

Season 2 of Darker Than Black was shit, though. It was made to pander to moe shits

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Season 2 of Darker Than Black was shit, though. It was made to pander to moe shits

:ufup :trash
dog

helios

Every single episode.

And no Yoko Kanno music. Come on.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I'm currently working on a recommendation list that's broken down into different categories and offering links to series/movies, synopsis, and my own personal thoughts on each. I realize I'm putting way more effort into this than will be warranted by the amount of attention it gets, but whatever, it's an excuse to dig through all the old stuff I've watched and try to remember why I liked them. If there's a category or anime that you want me to include, post about it here and I'll see what I can do.
dog

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
http://hummingbird.me/

You could do a list through this site.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Is there someway to make a list on Hummingbird, or do you mean just posting links to each anime's page?
dog

MCD

• Fastest selling shit

I've actually just started using it  so I'm as noob as you lol.

http://hummingbird.me/users/MCD/library

Added Darker as a test.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
I've knocked out the first 37 episodes of Gintama. Show is amazing. Dat amnesia arc. :aah
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

Added Darker as a test.

Ah, I thought you were talking about something else, some specific feature. Because this is what my list looks like:

http://hummingbird.me/users/GreatRumbler/library
dog

magus

• LIKES FF7
I'm currently working on a recommendation list that's broken down into different categories and offering links to series/movies, synopsis, and my own personal thoughts on each. I realize I'm putting way more effort into this than will be warranted by the amount of attention it gets, but whatever, it's an excuse to dig through all the old stuff I've watched and try to remember why I liked them. If there's a category or anime that you want me to include, post about it here and I'll see what I can do.

:uguu anime
<----

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Those will fall under the "For People Who Have Completely Given Up on Life" category.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

Added Darker as a test.

Ah, I thought you were talking about something else, some specific feature. Because this is what my list looks like:

"How much anime have you pirated?"
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Check your upper-class privileges, bork.  :ufup

Probably less than 15% of that is anime that I downloaded. The vast majority was watched on DVD or VHS [at one point I had well over 500 anime DVDs in my collection], on TV [I used to watch a lot of Adult Swim and Scifi Channel anime], or through streaming in the past few years [Crunchyroll, Funimation, ect.].
[close]
dog

Tasty

I'm pure Crunchyroll these days. If it's not on CR I won't watch it.

Well, and Toonami obviously.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

Added Darker as a test.

Please watch Cooking Master Boy.

Just the anime that I've started and haven't finished but really want to finish would keep me busy for months.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

I'd like to give Crunchy Roll a try, I think.  Would be good for my wife since she always watches One Piece, Naruto, and Hunter X Hunter every week on these shitty Chinese streaming sites that I'm pretty sure would bog down any PC with viruses (hence why I gave her my MacBook to use). 
ど助平

Tasty

http://hummingbird.me/users/Andrex/library

This site is pretty cash.

I'd like to give Crunchy Roll a try, I think.  Would be good for my wife since she always watches One Piece, Naruto, and Hunter X Hunter every week on these shitty Chinese streaming sites that I'm pretty sure would bog down any PC with viruses (hence why I gave her my MacBook to use).

It's a great service. No complaints here.

Well, I do hope they add Chromecast support soon.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
CR is a great value. They basically put out a bid on every new anime series that's offered for streaming, and get a pretty sizable chunk of them. 7 of the 10 new shows this season that I'm watching are on CR, the other 3 are on Funimation.
dog

Beezy

I think I'll try this hummingbird thing out.

Freyj

Someone couldn't be assed to alter the default Bootstrap CSS much, eh?

Tasty

Someone couldn't be assed to alter the default Bootstrap CSS much, eh?

They did enough, for me at least. The site's very usable at least because of it. MyAnimeList feels trapped in the early 00's.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
MAL is nice and functional, but they really lost me when they started reverting all the titles to the romanised Japanese version only. Makes absolutely no bloody sense at all.
dog

All Ghibli Blu-rays are $17.99 at Costco right now.
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

magus

• LIKES FF7
i've read some of akumetsu, it's about this guy who somehow has found a mask which let him make countless clone of himself so he uses this ability to murder the shit out of corrupt politician and the like, it's kinda reminiscing of death note in the same way that it's about a super powered killer doing murder for good while being chased around by the police but unlike death note there is barely any plot other than "politician are evil" and not a lot of character beside the main character itself... that's not to mention that for some reason the manga often goes into these long winded economy/politic rant that just drags it down even further so i got bored and i stopped reading it

i've also read a bit of sankarea, it's your usual :uguu manga but i was curious about it because in this case the waifu is a zoooooooooooombie, which cause a pretty heavy dissonance, for example here you can see the japanese cover

and this is the american cover instead

unfortunately the premise gets wasted so that they can use the usual romance trope and in fact there is a very little amount of zombism or horror here, so i stopped with this too
<----

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
Caught up with Hunter X Hunter

JESUS CHRIST I NEED MORE EPISODES FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
(Image removed from quote.)

:bow :bow2

Man, what a crazy end to that episode.  Knew it was coming, but still...damn.  Shit finally got real.
ど助平

Tasty

JESUS CHRIST I NEED MORE EPISODES FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

yep

helios

Give up and read the manga. I did.

and I cannot wait to see it all animated
[close]

chronovore

• relapsed dev
There was a write-up on ANN about this not too long ago, and I think it was basically that in the early days of home video and Laserdisk, prices were really high because they were mainly meant for rental places to buy. But they found that hardcore otaku were willing to pay those high prices anyway. Long story short, they never did come down on the prices the way the US did in order to gain mass-market appeal.
This just made me realize that the never-dropping price of Studio Ghibli anime at ¥4500 is actually meant to be an accessible price point for Japanese consumers. :japancry

Japan suffers from Galapagos syndrome, or something like it. Cable never took off here; Broadcast Satellite dishes were more popular than cable delivery. There was never a revolution from brick-and-mortar rental stores to mail-delivery a la Netflix, and while digital PPV had an advertising push last year between Hulu and DMM, I'm not sure how many people actually use them. Most surprisingly, in this land of vending machines, the RedBox model has not appeared yet. I guess I'm saying the video distribution model doesn't really sync up with anything else.

I plan on buying a couple Blu-rays in Japan in April, but the prices are so insane that it will just be a one or two (Macross Plus, final volume of Gundam AGE shut up, Gunpla Builders Beginning G) and then I'll blow the rest on games. The Macross F movies are tempting with English subtitles, but not $300 tempting.
We are going to smash OtaRoad. It's not as big or fancy as Akihabara, but it's easier to find things, and I think more fun.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Can you actually rent movies, legally? I know Nintendo lobbied to prohibit that for games, hence the big used games market where pristine copies abound.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - Space Dandy's legit status = CONFIRMED
« Reply #4663 on: February 09, 2014, 09:49:22 PM »
Huh? There's no connection between the Japanese tendency to keep media in good condition and the resale market. LPs and laserdiscs and even VHS tapes can be found in exceedingly well-maintained condition in any used store; Japanese games are just following that form.

Nintendo's effort to ban used game sales was ultimately deemed illegal, IIRC, and games no longer bear the "no resale" label on the case insert.

Movie rentals are common, as are CD rentals, if you can believe it. Even before MP3 ripping and even before CD-R technology becoming commonplace, Japanese rental stores would sell cassette tapes with oddly-specific time lengths, right at the registers, so renters could buy tapes with the least amount of dead space for copying the CDs to cassette.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4664 on: February 10, 2014, 12:01:41 AM »
Huh. So that's just Japan being Japan? I always figured it was to keep the re-sale value high. Cool.

What about game rental though? The Retronauts podcast taught me that's illegal there, unless I'm completely mis-remembering that.

Love the tape thing. I haven't been to a public library in a long time but I believe they have CDs here as well. Movies for sure. I imagine those are being ripped all the time as well.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4666 on: February 10, 2014, 12:33:02 AM »
Huh. So that's just Japan being Japan? I always figured it was to keep the re-sale value high. Cool.

What about game rental though? The Retronauts podcast taught me that's illegal there, unless I'm completely mis-remembering that.

Love the tape thing. I haven't been to a public library in a long time but I believe they have CDs here as well. Movies for sure. I imagine those are being ripped all the time as well.

Yeah, game rentals are not available. I didn't know why, so TSoG (Thirty Seconds of Google) revealed this:
http://kotaku.com/5914749/why-you-cant-rent-games-in-japan
Who knew?

Public libraries in California, when I was there in 2012, lent music CDs, movie DVDs, and audiobooks on CD and cassette! I didn't see any games, and didn't think to ask. Audiobooks were pretty great, but in the end I just subscribed to Audible because it is the easiest way to have access to my audiobooks on any of my devices.

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #4667 on: February 10, 2014, 01:11:37 AM »
Oh chrono, this isn't anime/manga related but since you mention audible and you like comics, I totally recommend Marvel Comics: The Untold Story. I listened to it a month or so ago and it was fantastic.
Boo

« Reply #4668 on: February 10, 2014, 09:15:31 PM »
A year late to the party, but I just finished space battleship yamato.  Now I need some kleenex.  :tocry

I've never been heavy into anime, but space operas are my shit.

Beezy

« Reply #4669 on: February 10, 2014, 09:20:59 PM »
:bow Gunpla :bow2

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4670 on: February 10, 2014, 09:23:01 PM »
A year late to the party, but I just finished space battleship yamato.  Now I need some kleenex.  :tocry

I've never been heavy into anime, but space operas are my shit.

Yamato is the da good shit. :rock
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4671 on: February 10, 2014, 09:50:45 PM »
I'm burning through Yamato right now, too. It's pretty clearly deserving of all the praise it's been getting.
dog

hampster

« Reply #4672 on: February 10, 2014, 10:01:46 PM »
How can Yowamushi Pedal go so. freaking. slow. :stahp

All they had to do last episode was go 500 meters. Just 500 meters to finish the race... they only made it 400 :dead
Zzz

helios

« Reply #4673 on: February 10, 2014, 10:07:10 PM »
I got done with Yamato last week and it was amazing. Damn good space opera.

Gundam Build Fighters was Anime Amazing.

Log Horizon was good this week, too.

Tasty

« Reply #4674 on: February 10, 2014, 10:23:06 PM »
Why isn't Yamato on CR. :gloomy

« Reply #4675 on: February 11, 2014, 12:35:01 AM »
Why isn't Yamato on CR. :gloomy

Cause they want you to buy the blurays that start coming out in a week or so.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/068TAiVaH4CzbiHmVd/browse/item/101056/4/0/0
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 12:38:05 AM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4676 on: February 11, 2014, 12:42:47 AM »
BDs that cost $45 for 4 episodes.  :neogaf
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #4677 on: February 11, 2014, 01:07:19 AM »

It might be good, but no way it's that good.

helios

« Reply #4678 on: February 11, 2014, 01:39:36 AM »
I looked everywhere I could to watch them legally, but fuck paying that much for four episodes

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4679 on: February 11, 2014, 09:02:20 AM »
BDs that cost $45 for 4 episodes.  :neogaf

Is it 1999 again or something?
dog