Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1833688 times)

ShutUp

Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #23880 on: July 05, 2022, 06:51:37 PM »
Quote from: Excel
so dont buy it then

jesus gamers

as always with this stuff there are good games here but they don't have big explosions or huge budgets so it's obviously shit

I mean I pay annually and pausing one month is kills my 20% coupon

Also you're talking to someone who is also bummed because there's no visual novel gem.

But they absolutely sold their reduction in games offered as we'll be giving you more Triple A titles

Also don't call me a gamer

Then don't act like a gamer

i mean if you play games and post on a gaming enthusiast site are you not a gamer
Nope

Yeah, you are. Sorry you see such negative connotation to the word that it's poisoned, but everyone posting on Era Gaming is a gamer.
Again absolutely not.

You can insist it but the beautiful thing is I get to say nope.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-usually-pretty-easy-going-with-these-things-but-jesus-this-months-humble-bundle-monthly-is-the-worst-one-ive-ever-seen.604218/post-89538204

:crowdlaff

:salute ban hammer is coming for those posters

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #23881 on: July 05, 2022, 07:13:38 PM »
so dont buy it then

jesus gamers

as always with this stuff there are good games here but they don't have big explosions or huge budgets so it's obviously shit

I mean I pay annually and pausing one month is kills my 20% coupon

Also you're talking to someone who is also bummed because there's no visual novel gem.

But they absolutely sold their reduction in games offered as we'll be giving you more Triple A titles

Then don't act like a gamer

i mean if you play games and post on a gaming enthusiast site are you not a gamer
Nope

Yeah, you are. Sorry you see such negative connotation to the word that it's poisoned, but everyone posting on Era Gaming is a gamer.
Again absolutely not.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-usually-pretty-easy-going-with-these-things-but-jesus-this-months-humble-bundle-monthly-is-the-worst-one-ive-ever-seen.604218/post-89538204

:crowdlaff
Messofanego
Yes, Your Grace sounds kinky.
:aah

FUME5

« Reply #23882 on: July 05, 2022, 08:02:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/really-do-not-understand-cross-necklaces-made-of-gold-or-flooded-with-expensive-stones-like-diamonds.603921/#post-89504988
Quote from: Royalan
Crosses with Jesus still on them are purely Catholic symbology and are considered sacrilegious to many protestant sects, because it presents defiance to the idea that Jesus resurrected.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/really-do-not-understand-cross-necklaces-made-of-gold-or-flooded-with-expensive-stones-like-diamonds.603921/#post-89509479
Quote from: Fularu
Only protestants don't show the Christ on the cross. Every other christian sect does (Catholics, Copts, Orthodoxes, and so on)

And the Christ on the cross doesn'T nullify the resurection as it's a core tenant/belief of christian faith (irregardless of sect)

I mean, that's literally what I said.

Err no, Copts and Orthodox believers do not follow the Catholic church.

Did I say they did?

Did I suggest they did?

Read my post again. Slowly.

Crosses with Jesus still on them are purely Catholic symbology

https://www.resetera.com/threads/really-do-not-understand-cross-necklaces-made-of-gold-or-flooded-with-expensive-stones-like-diamonds.603921/page-2#post-89511621
OK, sorry for that then.

I'm speaking as a protestant. I'll correct my language and say that most protestants don't believe in depicting Jesus as still being on the cross.

This still doesn't disprove what a lot of protestants believe about depicting Jesus on the cross. It's sacrilege.

There are sects of Christianity that aren't Catholic or Protestant, dumbass.

Maybe if he was a catholic more boys would wanna fuck him.

« Reply #23883 on: July 05, 2022, 08:32:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lollipop-chainsaw-remake-announced-for-2023.604053/page-5

Just a bunch of people mildly excited for a weeb game and pages of Crossing Eden screeching at everyone inbetween, particularly when being rebutted by simple facts

It's a fucking zombie b movie parody.  Many "sexist" moments are so over the top that they're clearly played for laughs.  I don't care what Anita says, the idea that a vibrant hyperactive suda game that doesn't have a single serious moment contributed to sexism in the industry is nonsense.  If anything, it's been claimed by the LGBT community and has been a mainstay in cosplay circles for years now, similar to Bayonetta.

Crossing Eden is a dumbass.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23884 on: July 05, 2022, 08:42:20 PM »
Incelsiorlef gon get ban
Ra:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-usually-pretty-easy-going-with-these-things-but-jesus-this-months-humble-bundle-monthly-is-the-worst-one-ive-ever-seen.604218/page-2#post-89548641
Incelsiorlef
Again absolutely not.

I don't think someone not wanting to be labeled "gamer" in a post GamerGate world is unreasonable lol
:era

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #23885 on: July 05, 2022, 09:05:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lollipop-chainsaw-remake-announced-for-2023.604053/page-5

Just a bunch of people mildly excited for a weeb game and pages of Crossing Eden screeching at everyone inbetween, particularly when being rebutted by simple facts

It's a fucking zombie b movie parody.  Many "sexist" moments are so over the top that they're clearly played for laughs.  I don't care what Anita says, the idea that a vibrant hyperactive suda game that doesn't have a single serious moment contributed to sexism in the industry is nonsense.  If anything, it's been claimed by the LGBT community and has been a mainstay in cosplay circles for years now, similar to Bayonetta.

He also goes on about the marketing campaign, the one that everyone involved loved. He's such a whiny little bitch, seriously getting mad that they remake this game without his approval

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23886 on: July 05, 2022, 09:18:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/google-backed-ad-company-glance-to-launch-lockscreen-ad-platform-in-two-months-on-us-carriers.604392/#post-89557959
If this popped up on my Galaxy, I’d probably instantly stop using the phone. I already paid 1000+ dollars for your device, why should I have ads? Already annoyed with the Samsung weather app having ads in it.
:brain

ShutUp

« Reply #23887 on: July 05, 2022, 09:21:03 PM »
Girlfriend you have a Deus Ex tag on one of the net's most active gaming forums. Is "video game enthusiast" highbrow enough? Or are we going full renegade and rejecting all labels?

:heh

Now give her a ban. Even something like a 3 day ban will be enough for someone that needs that site that badly.

BadAss2961

« Reply #23888 on: July 05, 2022, 09:35:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thor-love-and-thunder-reviews.604104/post-89555277
Hoping this makes me excited for marvel again. Their formula is getting olllllld.

Like, I noticed it big time NWH and it was very apparent in DS:MOM as well.

The Disney+ shows too, Ms Marvel being the prime example.

It’s a machine at this point, and they’re cranking these joints out in the most efficient way possible, from production/shooting down to storytelling. It sucks.

It really took like 30 movies in to start noticing the Marvel hustle?

Going back to pre-Avengers 'phase 1', their production was super bland. Then Avengers hit, and the suits quickly realized a formula based around Whedon's shitty style of killing tension with jokes, and recreating the circumstances that made the movie hit. Budgets increased, mass production, but they never actually improved as a studio -- just the business end. It's always been the same 'basic television' level production hidden under expensive, but rushed VFX. The same inoffensive writing and uninspired photography for each movie that's present regardless of director. It's garbage.

Like everything else in the modern Disney. They're not trying to make anything special, they just want to milk it for everything it's worth.

ShutUp

« Reply #23889 on: July 05, 2022, 09:50:27 PM »
My favorite Marvel movies are Winter Soldier and Infinity War. Two movies that certainly had humor but it felt appropriately placed and really felt they nailed Thanos when villains were not their strong suit. Still aren’t for the most part. Plus the ending to Infinity War was just delicious, even knowing ultimately they’d defeat Thanos in Endgame the following year.

Polident Hive

« Reply #23890 on: July 05, 2022, 10:13:22 PM »
Marty Scorsese once said he’s been threatened by the mafia, the Chinese government, the Catholic Church, and Wall Street. But he’s only feared for his safety when he spoke against marvel movies. Changed his locks when he woke up next to a dvd of antman 2.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #23891 on: July 06, 2022, 01:53:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-it-whenever-a-mass-shooting-happens-instead-of-talking-about-gun-control-it-is-about-left-or-right.604215/#post-89537886

Quote from: B-Dubs, post: 89537886, member: 143
Please, do you know how much time I've wasted arguing that gun control was needed to leftists? Way more than I should have. Being on the left ain't enough, there's plenty of leftists who will make the exact same sorts of arguments against gun control that right wing dipshits do, it's about the goddamned policies it's not about the labels. Talk like this is exactly the sort of "team sports"-ing of politics that people are talking about.

Good thing non of the other site admins or their sycophants are like that  :kermit

The ol' Evilore defense.  "I had no idea the things I control were so corrupt."

sigh

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #23892 on: July 06, 2022, 04:16:54 AM »
Are the ads gonna take control of your phone and not allow you to exit them like the ads on ERA do?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #23893 on: July 06, 2022, 04:18:33 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thor-love-and-thunder-reviews.604104/post-89555277
Hoping this makes me excited for marvel again. Their formula is getting olllllld.

Like, I noticed it big time NWH and it was very apparent in DS:MOM as well.

The Disney+ shows too, Ms Marvel being the prime example.

It’s a machine at this point, and they’re cranking these joints out in the most efficient way possible, from production/shooting down to storytelling. It sucks.

It really took like 30 movies in to start noticing the Marvel hustle?

Going back to pre-Avengers 'phase 1', their production was super bland. Then Avengers hit, and the suits quickly realized a formula based around Whedon's shitty style of killing tension with jokes, and recreating the circumstances that made the movie hit. Budgets increased, mass production, but they never actually improved as a studio -- just the business end. It's always been the same 'basic television' level production hidden under expensive, but rushed VFX. The same inoffensive writing and uninspired photography for each movie that's present regardless of director. It's garbage.

Like everything else in the modern Disney. They're not trying to make anything special, they just want to milk it for everything it's worth.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23894 on: July 06, 2022, 06:14:53 AM »
Buffets. Those places are total death traps. Death by disease! All those people breathin down the food . Touchin the utensils with their unkept hands, that no doubt probs accidentally brushes up against the food, getting their dead skin cells, little hairs and booger particles into the food.
And then you put it on a plate….and eat it! Disgusting. I can’t believe I liked those places as a child. I’d rather eat cat litter off the floor. At least cats know how to be clean.

ὕβρις

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #23895 on: July 06, 2022, 06:36:02 AM »
I’d rather eat cat litter off the floor.

They probably do

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #23896 on: July 06, 2022, 06:44:30 AM »
ust leave it for the staff to throw it away.

peak era were you do staff work so they don't have to and eventually put them out of a job.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23897 on: July 06, 2022, 06:49:34 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-mortal-kombats-jax-the-most-frequently-playable-non-licensed-non-celebrity-black-character-in-fighting-games.604038/
Not too long ago, we came to the conclusion that Mortal Kombat's Jackson Briggs is one of the most handsome Black men in gaming. But is he the most prolific?

Note: I did not say "most famous" or "your favorite." I said most prolific, excluding real-life people who are regulars in wrestling games, MMA sims, and the like. Or those who come from non-video game properties. One of those anime franchises has to have at least one Black regular appearing in their mountain of video game adaptations (I'm thinking Naruto's Killer B. Is he Black?). I can't think of anyone else who beats Jax in terms of playable appearances in fighting games. For a refresher:
Mortal Kombat II (1993)
Mortal Kombat 3 (1995)
Mortal Kombat 4 (1997)
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (2002)
Mortal Kombat: Unchained (2006 PSP port of Deception, released narrowly after Armageddon actually)
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (2006)
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (2008)
Mortal Kombat 9 (2011)
Mortal Kombat X (2015)
Mortal Kombat 11 (2019)
His closest competitors (as far as I know) are Street Fighter's Balrog ("Boxer") and Tekken's Eddy Gordo, both coming within spitting distance for playable roles in fighting games.

Balrog:
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition (1992)
Street Fighter: The Movie (1995) - The arcade and console versions are significantly different despite sharing a roster, so I could consider splitting them
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (1998)
Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000 (2000)
Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001 (2001)
SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos (2003)
Street Fighter IV (2008)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
Street Fighter V (2016)
Eddy:
Tekken 3 (1996/97)
Tekken Tag Tournament (1999)
Tekken 4 (2001)
Tekken 5 (2004)
Tekken 6 (2007)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (2011)
Tekken 7: Fated Retribution (2017, console release)
Upon further research, I think The King of Fighters' Seth may also be a contender for runner-up:
The King of Fighters 2000 (2000)
The King of Fighters 2001 (2001)
The King of Fighters 2002 (2002)
The King of Fighters 2003 (2003)
The King of Fighters Neowave (2005, PS2 port)
KOF: Maximum Impact (2004)
KOF: Maximum Impact 2 (2006)
Impressive showings from the others, though Jax and Eddy are the only ones to keep a perfect streak of attendance in mainline titles from their debuts onward. You'll obviously note that I'm counting one revision per game, just to avoid having to list things like KOF2002UM or Mortal Kombat Gold. Raw quantity of standalone appearances does not necessarily equate to ubiquity. Balrog showing up in just the zillion revisions of Street Fighter II would still mean a lot. But outside of that, he's seemingly not "required." Capcom certainly didn't think so in the 90's. Jax somehow stuck it out despite more lore-important fighters like Kung Lao missing games. I suppose his high number itself speaks to Mortal Kombat's ubiquity in its own corner of the fighting game universe. Midway and later NRS were generally good at pumping games out, so Mr. Briggs had an easier time racking up an impressive resume. Of course, I could say the same for other prolific developers that couldn't or wouldn't use their Black characters frequently (I don't have Lucky Glauber on this list after all).

So, who beats Jax's ten games?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #23898 on: July 06, 2022, 06:54:01 AM »
Note: I did not say "most famous" or "your favorite." I said most prolific,

:doge

Snoopycat_

« Reply #23899 on: July 06, 2022, 07:32:36 AM »
folks were very cordial except for everyone going for the sushi and i fucking wanted some sushi too.

buffet sushi

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23900 on: July 06, 2022, 07:53:30 AM »
My favorite Marvel movies are Winter Soldier and Infinity War. Two movies that certainly had humor but it felt appropriately placed and really felt they nailed Thanos when villains were not their strong suit. Still aren’t for the most part. Plus the ending to Infinity War was just delicious, even knowing ultimately they’d defeat Thanos in Endgame the following year.

homecoming might have the best villain in MCU, he doesn't do it because he's insane or anything, in fact he's like fuck thor and cap, I'm staying under the radar, I can't fight actual heroes, I'm just doing this to support my family

was refreshing
Uncle

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #23901 on: July 06, 2022, 07:54:11 AM »
isn't sushi traditionally eaten from a buffet, albeit a motorised one?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23902 on: July 06, 2022, 07:57:22 AM »

I would think the traditional way is the chef handing you out the sushi at the counter (sometimes one by one) out of a laid out menu and predefined succession.

Automatic sushi buffet are not uncommon, and there's also all you can eat and self serving buffet.
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23903 on: July 06, 2022, 08:01:37 AM »

this is how sushi is traditionally eaten

Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #23904 on: July 06, 2022, 08:04:07 AM »

the round about one i saw from legion x seems fresher than the china buffet style I'm imagining this filth eating.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #23905 on: July 06, 2022, 08:14:16 AM »

this is how sushi is traditionally eaten

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #23906 on: July 06, 2022, 08:25:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bette-midler-sparks-argument-about-trans-people-after-posting-transphobic-tweet.603975/#post-89509815

:cop User Banned (Duration Pending): Concern trolling about transphobia, previous severe ban for xenophobia and nationalist rhetoric
Quote from: Br3wnor
The reaction to her tweets helps ensure that older Democrats will never be on the right side of trans rights. Imagine being a woman in your 70's who has spent her whole life fighting for women's rights and then get thrown the 'birthing person' curveball and all people do is shit on you instead of trying to help you understand why you're misguided, that's what's happening right now all across America. I personally believe it's a big mistake to automatically just trash older people who have trouble understanding trans issues and why it's important to include trans men in convos about reproductive rights. We completely lack historical context in this country when trying to understand why older people react the way they do to some things.
OBE

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23907 on: July 06, 2022, 08:48:40 AM »
I think they themselves are somewhat aware that "people with uteruses" isn't the greatest thing to say considering I don't see them correcting/banning people for saying that abortion is a women's rights issue

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #23908 on: July 06, 2022, 09:16:47 AM »
Should trans women as "people without uteruses" be involved in the abortion debate? :trumps
OBE

knux-future

« Reply #23909 on: July 06, 2022, 09:27:12 AM »
might be a bit insensitive but it really feels like a lot of this is just people not being able to not be involved.

They like to say shut up and listen but they constantly make every issue about them and make themselves the victim. Which is why I think a lot of Black people for example side eye the whole "movement" because it ended up as a way for white people to take over the conversation.

Its funny as hell to see the constantly online people go as hard as they do when I don't think the feeling is always mutual in actual POC circles. Or as Nep would put it...a whole lotta coons out there I guess huh.

jorma

« Reply #23910 on: July 06, 2022, 09:38:28 AM »
I think they themselves are somewhat aware that "people with uteruses" isn't the greatest thing to say considering I don't see them correcting/banning people for saying that abortion is a women's rights issue

probably because every single one of the crazy trans people on resetera are mtf, so the phrase "people with uteruses" is making them feel excluded

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23911 on: July 06, 2022, 09:41:35 AM »

Okay, cunt.

e:

~4 mins in
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 09:45:45 AM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #23912 on: July 06, 2022, 09:48:33 AM »
Should trans women as "people without uteruses" be involved in the abortion debate? :trumps

Excel would argue yes and gets stomped evertime

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23913 on: July 06, 2022, 09:57:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lollipop-chainsaw-remake-announced-for-2023.604053/page-8#post-89561613
Sexualization talk is always complicated. I come from a weird perspective, I'm demisexual (which means I don't get sexual attraction to others unless I form a special type of emotional connection with someone, butyou can't do that with fictional characters, so I've never had sexual attraction to fictional characters, celebrities, etc. I can acknowledge they look good, but doesn't do anything for me, neither does porn), and I usually play the game in the Bunny outfit, which for the record looks like this:
So why does the site have that why women criticize designs thread  :what

Edited: Speaking of that
https://www.resetera.com/threads/character-designs-that-irk-you.604479/
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 10:08:20 AM by Taco Bell Tower »

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23914 on: July 06, 2022, 10:45:29 AM »
They're also bitching about Edi in Mass Effect 3

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-worst-part-of-mass-effect-3-was-not-the-ending-it-was.604464/

It's amazing how they keep coming back to the same games over and over, like it almost as if it isn't as much of a problem as they'd want you to believe

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23915 on: July 06, 2022, 10:56:27 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kansas-in-the-process-of-stacking-a-constitutional-amendment-referendum-to-enable-abortion-bans.604314/#post-89550180
Wish I had something I could do with all of the rage and anger that has been coursing through my veins lately, you know?
Maybe go see a psychiatrist?
This is the stuff that really worries me about independent state legislature (ISL) theory, that if approved by the SCotUS then similar amendments can be made about how electors are chosen then applied to actual battleground states.

I'm literally (like, last night) have nightmares about it.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23916 on: July 06, 2022, 10:57:50 AM »
I'm starting to day dream this fantasy where the Tories try to get rid of Boris, he refuses, calls an election, the queen gets pressured to sidestep convention and refuses him and it all causes a massive shit storm that results in the Tories and the royals losing power.

Sadly we don't live in a just world.

:wut

"It's unjust my fascist coup fantasies won't happen"

Taco Bell Tower

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23918 on: July 06, 2022, 11:05:27 AM »
Georgia Guidestones is like a recurring motif for a wide assortment of conspiracy theorists, I'm sure you can find a dozen messages a week suggesting to destroy them.

Well even in the thread
Good. Take that you eugenics piece of shit.
ὕβρις

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #23919 on: July 06, 2022, 11:25:43 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-phone-problem-when-watching-a-movie-at-home.604545/#post-89578566

Quote from: The Albatross
I have an unproveable pet theory, too, that many movies are made these days assuming that a large percentage of the viewers are only half paying attention, so the sound and action is designed around kinda bashing viewers on the head with "OKAY, NOW YOU SHOULD PAY ATTENTION."
:hesright Old man yelling at clouds, but it bugs the hell out of me.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 11:30:32 AM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23920 on: July 06, 2022, 11:29:29 AM »
I am reporting this post for attempting to “inspire” voters to abandon the left coalition and thereby assist the fascists. I encourage anyone who agrees to do the same. Anyone using this board to openly and directly assist the Republican efforts in the midterms should be banned.
ὕβρις

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23921 on: July 06, 2022, 11:34:35 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/yuji-naka-creator-of-balan-wonderworld-erases-naoto-ohshima-creator-of-sonic-and-nights-from-photo-commemorating-nights-birthday.604119/#post-89525403
Planetsmasher
Yuji Naka is such a petty little bastard. Honestly I almost feel sorry for him - to have a career as long and storied as he does, only to spend the last few years of it on Twitter being a petty asshole sniping at everyone else is just kind of embarrassing.
Sounds familiar

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #23922 on: July 06, 2022, 11:52:40 AM »
a "post gamergate" world

as if anyone is supposed to know or care about wtf that even is

fucking morons
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #23923 on: July 06, 2022, 11:54:15 AM »
They're also bitching about Edi in Mass Effect 3

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-worst-part-of-mass-effect-3-was-not-the-ending-it-was.604464/

It's amazing how they keep coming back to the same games over and over, like it almost as if it isn't as much of a problem as they'd want you to believe

WhY diD tHeY tUrN EdI iNto A sExuAl Ai???``11~~??///

Because sex sells you fucking clueless babies
What

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #23924 on: July 06, 2022, 12:00:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thor-love-and-thunder-reviews.604104/page-13#post-89550468
Quote from: rude
a lot of the snarky hot takes and critiques in here aren't too different from how resetera talks about other blockbusters. what makes people treating thor 4 the same way "exhausting" jw?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/venom-let-there-be-carnage-review-thread.493749/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/zack-synders-army-of-the-dead-review-thread-78-rt-and-57-mc.424154/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/za...d-dont-count-on-it-batman-rt-74-mc-55.394342/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tenet-review-thread-rt-mc-review-embargo-lifts-today.272007/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/thor-love-and-thunder-reviews.604104/page-13#post-89551938
Quote from: Broseph
Nothing lol. People just treat their MCU personality as a personality trait so they take jokes as a personal shot

https://www.resetera.com/threads/thor-love-and-thunder-reviews.604104/page-13#post-89553798
Quote from: DongBeetle
Because people have centered their personality around a specific brand of middling popcorn superhero movies

Alexandros, Cuburger, and ZeoVGM annihilated.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 12:05:40 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23925 on: July 06, 2022, 12:02:55 PM »
I am reporting this post for attempting to “inspire” voters to abandon the left coalition and thereby assist the fascists. I encourage anyone who agrees to do the same. Anyone using this board to openly and directly assist the Republican efforts in the midterms should be banned.

How did this guy manage to make his anti-facism post sound like he's reporting someone to the Gestapo

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23926 on: July 06, 2022, 12:07:10 PM »
Why are we engaging with this guy? I swear users like him are Russian trolls. There’s absolutely no logic or substance to the posts

They're really pissed at this guy.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23927 on: July 06, 2022, 12:11:31 PM »
To be fair, democrats mostly ran on an anti-Trump, "return to normalcy" style campaign in 2020, and it obviously didnt return to normal. Less-educated voters on the left (of which there are many) clearly don't realize how government works and how voting once can't magically fix all problems. I wouldn't be surprised if most younger voters thought Biden was in direct control of the SC.

"Less educated voters"
:snob
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23928 on: July 06, 2022, 12:12:26 PM »
a "post gamergate" world

as if anyone is supposed to know or care about wtf that even is

fucking morons

ah the 90s were so good

you get home from school, you watch the disney afternoon, you cash in some good boy points for nuggies and choccy milk

little did you realize that you were living in a pre gamergate world  :cry
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #23929 on: July 06, 2022, 12:15:23 PM »
I'm pretty sure I cleared out the Russian bots from era on Jan 5.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23930 on: July 06, 2022, 12:19:51 PM »
That Rihanna thread is a great fucking example of how utterly fucked the discourse about wealth is in this community.

Gotta scream at the top of your lungs about how much you hate billionaires - even if it means shitting all over a Black woman who has dramatically expanded racial and body type equity and inclusion in beauty and fashion.

:obama
ὕβρις

Propagandhim

« Reply #23931 on: July 06, 2022, 12:21:11 PM »
Calling me a gamer in a post gamergate world is like calling Rhianna a billionaire.  It's true, but fuck offffdffddd

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #23932 on: July 06, 2022, 12:25:47 PM »
Gamers Rise Up ™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23933 on: July 06, 2022, 12:26:53 PM »
The fact we are still sitting here arguing about Capitalism being the biggest threat as Nazi's march in our streets is why were are even in this position to begin with.

PoliERA got even worst lol.
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23934 on: July 06, 2022, 12:28:07 PM »

How did this guy manage to make his anti-facism post sound like he's reporting someone to the Gestapo

uh, thats an inflammatory comparison :wag

:nope            reporting to the gestapo

:ohyeah    reporting to the stasi

paprikastaude

« Reply #23935 on: July 06, 2022, 12:50:57 PM »

Say it ain't so  :anhuld

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23936 on: July 06, 2022, 01:19:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/yuji-naka-creator-of-balan-wonderworld-erases-naoto-ohshima-creator-of-sonic-and-nights-from-photo-commemorating-nights-birthday.604119/page-3#post-89531013
People comparing him to Stalin and not a high school girl is the level of overreaction I expect from Era.
Maybe because he did pulled a Stalin move?
Imagine being *however old he is* and being this childish. Dude just can't have his ego be threatened in any way I guess.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 03:47:09 PM by Taco Bell Tower »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23937 on: July 06, 2022, 01:24:36 PM »
The fact we are still sitting here arguing about Capitalism being the biggest threat as Nazi's march in our streets is why were are even in this position to begin with.

PoliERA got even worst lol.

god the hyperbole is just infuriating

yes, I agree there are sometimes shitty people with shitty views who march?

but when you say this you invoke the mental image of it happening on every street in every city with well-organized uniformed squads as the little people cower indoors

instead of the reality of there being very few of that kind of person, they're all morons without a clear goal, and if most protests and marches are any indication there are way fewer of them than people who feel the opposite

people can screech things like this at any point in history as if whatever they name is the most important issue facing the world

"literal communists march in our streets"

"literal homosexuals are beckoning our children into their sex cults"
Uncle

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23938 on: July 06, 2022, 01:33:26 PM »
I'm more peeved that somehow "capitalism" is off the hook as if several more leftist views didn't articulate how they think "capitalism" and "fascism" are linked or that trying to undercut conservatives doesn't still involve making proposals materially benefiting (by at the very least mitigating "capitalism") the voters you want to convince. There's definitely some hyperbole that happens to be electorally convenient, too. Vote centrist or else.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #23939 on: July 06, 2022, 02:20:43 PM »
They must be fundamentally incapable of processing the fact that they aren't automatically winning forever just because they're on the "right side of history" as declared by themselves. I really have no explanation for the mentality that every fight is an existential one and that you should automatically win it and if you don't well it's all over forever but also time to prepare for the next one which starts immediately. I've tried to figure it out because it's baffling and also technically right in my wheelhouse yet I remain stumped. 2016 was the beginning of their long reign and they lost instead. Then it was a resistance for years where they did nothing. Then BLM escalated and Trump was defeated and yet their guaranteed victory didn't happen again. You'd think these defeats would cause skepticism in the belief that history is on your side and will guarantee your continued victories forever. You'd think the continued completely expected consequences of things would cause them to realize that every moment is not an existential struggle.

Narcissism can't be the only explanation for the "I voted but nothing I care about changed" mentality, especially not for the people who invest themselves into it constantly. It'd make more sense to go "well, I voted but nothing happened" and then you just ignore politics or decide that maybe you'll try Trump this time or split your ticket for the legislature, this is what normies do constantly. Yet they're constantly on a march to the "left" for "democracy" and angry that anyone ever slightly resists them.

I find it interesting from a personal point of view since I'm also an extremist and radical (obviously a better one) yet I've never once considered history to be a ceaseless march of my guaranteed victories. Libertarian circles are pretty much never like this, anarchist ones are far more hit and miss (left ones definitely more in this vein, but many anarchist circles are often predicted on the theory that one symbolic action will overthrow all systems so there's a logic to it) but the "progressives" are always like this. Now the "conservatives" have mainlined so much of this culture that they too are like this. Yet these last two circles are supposed to be the less radical and more moderate entities. Many "centrists" in the media and such are similarly constantly escalating things to the existential level and freaking out about everything too. Maybe it's just a personality type?

I'm not saying I think it's "dangerous" in the way they themselves say about everything, but it's definitely unhealthy not just to the Republic, not just to their own segment of society and culture, but personally. And I have no answers, of course, so perhaps I am even worse than they are for taking notice of it at all.