Author Topic: GAF DISCUSSIONS GO IN HERE - PART DEUX (Keep it Civil, Fuckers!)  (Read 471563 times)

Mandark

• Icon
Re: GAF DISCUSSIONS GO IN HERE - PART DEUX (Keep it Civil, Fuckers!)
« Reply #4920 on: February 17, 2007, 04:10:01 PM »
What about vague references like say, "Himu posts at that other place..."?

I dunno.  This is the internet, not the Talmud.

My experience is that if someone wants to ban something from a board, they tend to see stuff like that as either a cutesy attempt to circumvent the rule, or a deliberate attempt to push the envelope.  The results are rarely good.

So I guess my advice is not to say anything EB-related at GAF unless you're okay with the possibility of getting your account banned (which is obviously your own call).

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #4921 on: February 17, 2007, 04:13:12 PM »
What about vague references like say, "Himu posts at that other place..."?

I dunno.  This is the internet, not the Talmud.

My experience is that if someone wants to pluto something from a board, they tend to see stuff like that as either a cutesy attempt to circumvent the rule, or a deliberate attempt to push the envelope.  The results are rarely good.

So I guess my advice is not to say anything EB-related at GAF unless you're okay with the possibility of getting your account plutoed (which is obviously your own call).

Fair enough.

But what about sending PMs with advertisements in them? I heard people have been banned for that which is crazy

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4922 on: February 17, 2007, 04:32:05 PM »
If the PM gets sent along to a mod or an admin, that'll probably do it.

In fact, if you have to ask, then yeah, there's probably a good chance you'll get turfed for it.  That goes pretty much for any internet forum or comment section.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4923 on: February 17, 2007, 04:40:03 PM »

In fact, if you have to ask, then yeah, there's probably a good chance you'll get turfed for it.  That goes pretty much for any internet forum or comment section.

So you guys read other people's PMs? I've sent more than a few adverts in PMs.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #4924 on: February 17, 2007, 04:43:25 PM »

Yeah, but they were all for trannysurprise. So that's okay.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4925 on: February 17, 2007, 04:48:57 PM »

Read it again.

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
« Reply #4926 on: February 17, 2007, 04:51:06 PM »
wait why did jarosh and cajole get banned ?

The Miles Trahan Burger Experiment

• Can he only eat just one?
  • The Walking Dead
« Reply #4927 on: February 17, 2007, 04:52:37 PM »
wait why did jarosh and cajole get plutoed ?

For mentioning Evilbore on GAF.
BKO

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
« Reply #4928 on: February 17, 2007, 04:53:38 PM »
I can't find it in their post history?  Was it deleted?

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #4929 on: February 17, 2007, 04:54:12 PM »

Apparently it was a psuedo-advertisement, and White Man banned them for a little bit.
BKO

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4930 on: February 17, 2007, 05:10:01 PM »

The thread has been deleted.
serge

Himu

« Reply #4931 on: February 17, 2007, 05:27:03 PM »
Heads up:

Evilbore (or evilore.com, or any site that redirects here, I suppose) advertisement at GAF is going to be an automatic permban, apparently.

Just so everyone knows, and nobody gets taken by surprise.

That's fucking GAY.
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #4932 on: February 17, 2007, 05:28:28 PM »
Heads up:

Evilbore (or evilore.com, or any site that redirects here, I suppose) advertisement at GAF is going to be an automatic permban, apparently.

Just so everyone knows, and nobody gets taken by surprise.

That's fucking GAY.

Hey, you tards escalated the game. . .you didn't think he would, too?
serge

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #4933 on: February 17, 2007, 05:29:22 PM »
So is Evilbore officially topping OA on EviLore's "Most Wanted" list now?
BKO

TVC15

« Reply #4934 on: February 17, 2007, 05:34:08 PM »
So is Evilbore officially topping OA on EviLore's "Most Wanted" list now?

Not that there is a most-wanted list, but OA doesn't have people coming on the forum soliciting posters every month. 

I protected you guys all I can.  Next time it's permabans, sorry.  I've told you repeatedly not to do this.  Heck, not even told, I've asked you nicely.  I guess you could partially blame your forum Jesus, Willco, for this.

I don't want to have to do this to a poster I like, so please do not pull this shit again.
serge

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #4935 on: February 17, 2007, 05:35:55 PM »
There's no most wanted list? Then why are even the names of some other sites banned on GAF?

OA, Evilbore, Kotaku, etc.
BKO

TVC15

« Reply #4936 on: February 17, 2007, 05:39:09 PM »
There's no most wanted list? Then why are even the names of some other sites plutoed on GAF?

OA, Evilbore, Kotaku, etc.

How does having their names banned imply there's any sort of most wanted list?  opa-age probably was banned because they'd solicit on the forum, kotaku was banned because they'd post rumors as news and gay GAF nintards would repeatedly post links (see:  the current gonintendo situation), sp0ng was banned for the same thing.
serge

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #4937 on: February 17, 2007, 05:41:58 PM »
The whole concept of plutoing NAMES of other sites may be fine to you, but that just seems like the ultimate bitch move on the administration's part. You don't have to like those sites, but banning their names and plutoing members for even mentioning those sites is just about the most tyrannical thing they've done yet.
BKO

TVC15

« Reply #4938 on: February 17, 2007, 05:43:32 PM »
The whole concept of plutoing NAMES of other sites may be fine to you, but that just seems like the ultimate bitch move on the administration's part. You don't have to like those sites, but PLUTOING their names and plutoing members for even mentioning those sites is just about the most tyrannical thing they've done yet.

Actually, evilbore is the only name you get banned for. 

Banning the names of news sites works pretty well - better than I thought it would.  People will post their thread, and it will quickly die even if there are no mods around.
serge

Himu

« Reply #4939 on: February 17, 2007, 05:44:33 PM »
Who cares if they're supposedly unreliable? You might as well pluto ign from the gaf vocab too. Look at Matt C. That cigarillo has posted more wii rumors and false pretenses more than anyone and yet you still allow the url wii.ign.com

If you're going to do that with sites like kotaku and spong, you might as well fucking do that with about every other game site with the exception of gametrailers. You guys even did it to gamebrink despite the fact they're a pretty damn good site for people interested in import reviews.

I refuse to believe you guys plutoed these sites for reasons like that. You have more sense than that.
IYKYK

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #4940 on: February 17, 2007, 05:45:02 PM »
You seem to think it's all well and good, but its not. Its stupid, overdramatic and tyrannical.
BKO

TVC15

« Reply #4941 on: February 17, 2007, 05:46:51 PM »
Oh well.  Fortunately, neither of your opinions will ever have bearing with GAF, so I don't even have to argue the point.
serge

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #4942 on: February 17, 2007, 05:47:27 PM »
Oh well.  Fortunately, neither of your guys opinions will ever have bearing with GAF, so I don't even have to argue the point.

Yeah, because yet again you act overdramatic and tyrannical! Yay for powah abuse! ::)
BKO

TVC15

« Reply #4943 on: February 17, 2007, 05:48:24 PM »
Oh well.  Fortunately, neither of your guys opinions will ever have bearing with GAF, so I don't even have to argue the point.

Yeah, because yet again you act overdramatic and tyrannical! Yay for powah abuse! ::)

Overdramatic and tyrannical?  Huh?
serge

Himu

« Reply #4944 on: February 17, 2007, 05:49:51 PM »
That's fine, White Man. I wasn't even criticizing like shake. I was simply bringing something up and asking a reasonable question. Thanks for not taking my opinion seriously.  :'(
IYKYK

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #4945 on: February 17, 2007, 05:50:23 PM »
What, you don't agree? Well then again, you are a GAF moderator, so of course you would have a warped view of how an internet messageboard should be ran. ;)
BKO

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
« Reply #4946 on: February 17, 2007, 05:53:20 PM »
Oh well.  Fortunately, neither of your opinions will ever have bearing with GAF, so I don't even have to argue the point.

That's very Bush Administration of you. No wonder GAF is going down the tubes. Or, at least, has become one of the most boring, most juvenile forums on the web. Especially for a site that used to be held in some regard.

Much of what's going on reminds me of the small college I went to. It was a tiny school that, against all odds, had incredible programs in everything from Chemistry to Pottery. They had some of brightest minds teaching, well funded departments, yadda yadda. And it was pretty madcap, this place where everything got done "wrong", but the end product was capable, well rounded students. They produced Nobel winners, the inventors of the Hemi, poet laureates, yadda yadda. And then marketing to ahold of the place and decided it was time to "shape up". They'll be lucky if they make it to 2030 at this rate. Trying to collar the magic is always a bad idea.
wha

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #4947 on: February 17, 2007, 05:54:30 PM »

That's very Bush Administration of you. No wonder GAF is going down the tubes. Or, at least, has become one of the most boring, most juvenile forums on the web. Especially for a site that used to be held in some regard.

:bow
BKO

TVC15

« Reply #4948 on: February 17, 2007, 05:57:11 PM »

I did explain the point.  I just didn't feel the need to argue it any further.
serge

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #4949 on: February 17, 2007, 05:58:06 PM »
You explained the point? Bullshit. You're playing the "its not so bad..." card to stay in good terms with Evilore. Now, here I was, hoping you might have some balls, but alas... ::)
BKO

GilloD

« Reply #4950 on: February 17, 2007, 06:00:51 PM »

I did explain the point.  I just didn't feel the need to argue it any further.

You explained the point, you just failed to justify it. I could "explain" the appeal of the Third Reich, that doesn't make it okay. If you don't agree with the policy, that's fine. But if you agree with it AND you expect us to just take it, then you should justify your opinon.
wha

TVC15

« Reply #4951 on: February 17, 2007, 06:02:50 PM »
You explained the point? Bullshit. You're playing the "its not so bad..." card to stay in good terms with Evilore. Now, here I was, hoping you might have some balls, but alas... ::)

I exsplained why the names were plutoed!  What more do you want?  What else is there to explain?

You explained the point, you just failed to justify it. I could "explain" the appeal of the Third Reich, that doesn't make it okay. If you don't agree with the policy, that's fine. But if you agree with it AND you expect us to just take it, then you should justify your opinon.

GilloD, it's not *MY* point.  I didn't come up with it, and it would be fairly silly of me to defend something I don't fully agree with it.  I explained why things are the way they are, I don't see why I need to justify decisions that I didn't make.

I think it has its pluses and minuses, but it's not like I've spent time measuring weights.  I don't directly affect this sort of policy so I don't waste my time thinking about it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 06:04:22 PM by TVC 15 »
serge

Himu

« Reply #4952 on: February 17, 2007, 06:04:53 PM »
You know, it's not gaf staff's ideals and stuff that makes me angry at them, it's the fact they don't give a fuck what the people at the site think, and raising just one negative results you being on the "list".

It's pretty ridiculous.
IYKYK

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #4953 on: February 17, 2007, 06:05:39 PM »
You know, it's not gaf staff's ideals and stuff that makes me angry at them, it's the fact they don't give a fuck what the people at the site think, and raising just one negative results you being on the "list".

It's pretty ridiculous.

lolz Himu pissed that he's bannzored from GAF :rofl
BKO

GilloD

« Reply #4954 on: February 17, 2007, 06:07:45 PM »

I exsplained why the names were plutoed!  What more do you want?  What else is there to explain?

GilloD, it's not *MY* point.  I didn't come up with it, and it would be fairly silly of me to defend something I don't fully agree with it.  I explained why things are the way they are, I don't see why I need to justify decisions that I didn't make.

I think it has its pluses and minuses, but it's not like I've spent time measuring weights.  I don't directly affect this sort of policy so I don't waste my time thinking about it.

That's fine, then. At some point, however, you have the recognize that you are "The GAF mod who posts on EB" and as a result you're often the avatar of mod-dom, for good and for ill.
wha

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4955 on: February 17, 2007, 06:09:34 PM »
how come you arent online tvc, i just unignored you so i could ask you
fat

TVC15

« Reply #4956 on: February 17, 2007, 06:10:34 PM »

I exsplained why the names were plutoed!  What more do you want?  What else is there to explain?

That's fine, then. At some point, however, you have the recognize that you are "The GAF mod who posts on EB" and as a result you're often the avatar of mod-dom, for good and for ill.

Oh, I know, it's just sometimes I wonder why I even bother trying to talk with certain posters here.

Demi I will hop on in a minute, boo.
serge

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4957 on: February 17, 2007, 06:53:49 PM »
TVC do you like me? :(

TVC15

« Reply #4958 on: February 17, 2007, 06:59:42 PM »

Of course I like you.  I just think you are distinguished mentally-challenged.
serge

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4959 on: February 17, 2007, 07:02:54 PM »

Of course I like you.  I just think you are distinguished mentally-challenged.

Nothing some dick sucking couldn't remedy :-*

APF

« Reply #4960 on: February 17, 2007, 07:27:30 PM »
I like you PD.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Whomever's joke character you really are.  :P
[close]

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4961 on: February 17, 2007, 07:35:31 PM »
I like you PD.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Whomever's joke character you really are.  :P
[close]

I'm Chelsea Clinton's joke character

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #4962 on: February 17, 2007, 08:10:57 PM »
why the hell do you tards even frequent GAF if it's such a temptation?
duc

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #4963 on: February 17, 2007, 08:18:07 PM »
I'm browsing and posting on GAF right now. Its so sensual, so hot, I've gots a bonnar
:9

TVC15

« Reply #4964 on: February 17, 2007, 08:18:24 PM »
why the hell do you tards even frequent GAF if it's such a temptation?

Probably for the same reason as that time I absent-mindedly picked my nose after fingering my butthole.
serge

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4965 on: February 17, 2007, 08:20:50 PM »
:-*

TVC15

« Reply #4966 on: February 17, 2007, 08:43:17 PM »
Just do what I do and generally avoid the gaming forum.  When I think about coming up with any fair moderating metric, the end result would be like 33% of the entire forum being removed.
serge

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4967 on: February 17, 2007, 08:49:20 PM »
Just do what I do and generally avoid the gaming forum.  When I think about coming up with any fair moderating metric, the end result would be like 33% of the entire forum being removed.
Sounds perfect and that means probably all the joke accounts will be gone.  I swear, why does 4 out of every 5 junior members have an insane obsession with either the PS3 or Xbox 360 and conveniently replace the other 5 asshole junior members that just got banned?  God, that shit scares me.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #4968 on: February 17, 2007, 08:51:40 PM »
With as much fucking trends and slogans and shit that go along with the two systems?  That shit will NEVER quiet down.  I really only read/post in the threads that actually interest me–long as you do that without wondering into effin Media Create threads or "zomg blank goes to PS3 xbox owned omg" threads, the gaming forum isn't that bad.
püp

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4969 on: February 17, 2007, 09:01:00 PM »
Sounds perfect and that means probably all the joke accounts will be gone.  I swear, why does 4 out of every 5 junior members have an insane obsession with either the PS3 or Xbox 360 and conveniently replace the other 5 asshole junior members that just got plutoed?  God, that shit scares me.

Oh, its not just the junior members.

There are some regular posters on that board with an unhealthy obsession with their chosen company.

I just think any trolling should result in a pluto, no matter who.
same here.  I just wanted to point out the trend in junior members.  It's amazing that most of them actually make it to a full member.

CANK STOOCHIE ANYONE?!?! 

TVC15

« Reply #4970 on: February 17, 2007, 09:03:57 PM »
I've already declared that Cank's next ban witll be his last.
serge

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4971 on: February 17, 2007, 09:04:26 PM »
I've already declared that Cank's next pluto witll be his last.
thank christ.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4972 on: February 17, 2007, 09:09:19 PM »
Oooh oooh, how about Dante?

I just hate that sum bitch.  He's not really aggressive, just stupid.

TVC15

« Reply #4973 on: February 17, 2007, 09:14:57 PM »
Did fortified_concept get a strict warning, cause I never seem him on the gaming forums anymore.

No idea.  Maybe he learned the error of his ways!
serge

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4974 on: February 17, 2007, 09:29:08 PM »
lol I find that the vast majority of my bans come from the gaming forum, so I stay out for the most part outside of typical Media Create fun and joke posts/LOTR pics in megaton threads. The favorites really rub shit in your face on the gaming forum >:(

OT is nice. I rarely get banned there, and when I do I usually know it's coming. Although it's not nearly as fun as it was back in the day. Hell, I bet my Brazilian hair thread would have been locked after the first page if I had posted it now

Mondain

• no bias
« Reply #4975 on: February 17, 2007, 09:32:56 PM »
how about disregarding these nonsensical PLUTOING follies, avoiding making any future GAF posts EVER since with both OA and EVB you can post at communities largely comprised of the same people as on GAF,  and playing actual games instead of forum software
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 09:48:32 PM by Mondain »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4976 on: February 17, 2007, 09:49:07 PM »
MONDAIN QUIT EDITING YOUR POST!

TVC15

« Reply #4977 on: February 17, 2007, 09:49:38 PM »
how about disregarding these nonsensical PLUTOING follies, avoiding making any future GAF posts EVER since with both OA and EVB you can post at communities largely comprised of the same people as on GAF,  and playing actual games instead of forum software

Gaming died when the PS3 bombaed and Nintendo took over.
serge

Mondain

• no bias
« Reply #4978 on: February 17, 2007, 09:51:21 PM »

in three mere days with the release of Virtua Fighter 5, gaming's candle will be re-lit again

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4979 on: February 17, 2007, 09:52:42 PM »

in three mere days with the release of Virtua Fighter 5, gaming's candle will be re-lit again
There aren't enough rofl'es in the world if you really believe that