Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5494917 times)

Trurl

Re: US Politics Thread |OT| NO ONE 2020
« Reply #51780 on: February 09, 2020, 10:07:13 AM »
https://twitter.com/RaniaKhalek/status/1224597251160530945
Fuck unity. You can't unite with toxic sludge.

Unity with the Bernie Bros is simply impossible, and don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise. These cultists are thoughtless, brainwashed monsters, pure and simple.

Look at the video embedded above: The purpose of this production is to create paranoia and to direct hated at the Democratic party. In an election year. One viewing of this video and you'll know why my attitude has hardened.

What can one say about a Bernie spokesperson who is so odious, so obnoxious, so disgusting, so vile, so unendurable? Tellingly, anti-Bernie Democrats (like this fellow) have retweeted her video and let her speak for hertself. I honestly believe that this bosomy swine-ette is trying to make people hate Bernie Sanders. Division is her raison d'etre.

I can't prove that Rania is paid by the Kremlin. But I'd be lying if I pretended not have my suspicions.

Remember 2016? Bernie was represented by H.A. Goodman and Cassandra Fairbanks, two lawn-vipers pretending to be liberals. Both now support Trump; you've probably seen the picture of Cassandra with Roger Stone, who was, in all likelihood, her mentor. Roger always specialized in ratfucking the Dems via infiltration and promoting "more left than thou" candidates.

Rania Khalek is the new Cassandra. You'll be particularly infuriated by her claim that Democrats should simply suck it up when insulted and belittled. At the same time, the Bernie Bros -- or Bernie Hos, as in the case of Rania and Cassandra -- act outraged whenever anyone says one unkind word about them.

Do they really expect us to accept this outrageous double standard? I sure as hell won't. They remind me of a classic Matt Groening cartoon from the '80s, in which he depicted the nine types of bosses. The final image depicted the worst of the lot. I think of this image whenever I think of the Bernie cult.

The Bernie Bros actually expect everyone else to accept -- meeekly, humbly, obsequiously -- abuse and humiliation. Anyone who has any understanding of human psychology knows that this will never happen. Most people are not masochists.

Thus, we may safely conclude that the Bernie cultists who insist on this "We can do what you may not" attitude are secretly working for Putin or the Alt Right or Team Trump. The goal is to divide and demoralize the Dems.

Actually, they are not "trying." They've done it.

At this point, there is nothing for it. The wound is too deep. We must declare war on Bernie Sanders and his ghastly cult.

The vast majority of Bernie Bros are beyond redemption. They are a cancer and they must be eradicated mercilessly. People like Rania and Cassandra have made Bernie Sanders absolutely unacceptable. Until Bernie publicly chastises the cultists who speak in his name -- which he won't -- we must presume that he agrees with them. In essence, he is Putin's toady.

NO MORE POLITICAL CULTS!
That ad does seem like pretty effective propaganda for splitting the Democrats.  As I watching it last night I definitely had a feeling of "fuck the DNC, I'm not voting for them."

Not a good thing when there's a Republican president doing loyalty purges and rushing us into a climate disaster.

Bad video, won't share

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #51781 on: February 09, 2020, 10:14:21 AM »
Ignore Amy for America surging in NH, instead look at Steyer in Nevada and South Carolina:

ETA: California hasn't had a poll released in two weeks.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 12:04:23 PM by benjipwns »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51782 on: February 09, 2020, 10:15:57 AM »
Ignore Amy for America surging in NH, instead look at Steyer in Nevada and South Carolina:
(Image removed from quote.)
I hope they all win 2 or 3 states.  :heart
🤴

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #51783 on: February 09, 2020, 11:08:11 AM »
https://twitter.com/RaniaKhalek/status/1224597251160530945
Fuck unity. You can't unite with toxic sludge.

Unity with the Bernie Bros is simply impossible, and don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise. These cultists are thoughtless, brainwashed monsters, pure and simple.

Look at the video embedded above: The purpose of this production is to create paranoia and to direct hated at the Democratic party. In an election year. One viewing of this video and you'll know why my attitude has hardened.

What can one say about a Bernie spokesperson who is so odious, so obnoxious, so disgusting, so vile, so unendurable? Tellingly, anti-Bernie Democrats (like this fellow) have retweeted her video and let her speak for hertself. I honestly believe that this bosomy swine-ette is trying to make people hate Bernie Sanders. Division is her raison d'etre.

I can't prove that Rania is paid by the Kremlin. But I'd be lying if I pretended not have my suspicions.

Remember 2016? Bernie was represented by H.A. Goodman and Cassandra Fairbanks, two lawn-vipers pretending to be liberals. Both now support Trump; you've probably seen the picture of Cassandra with Roger Stone, who was, in all likelihood, her mentor. Roger always specialized in ratfucking the Dems via infiltration and promoting "more left than thou" candidates.

Rania Khalek is the new Cassandra. You'll be particularly infuriated by her claim that Democrats should simply suck it up when insulted and belittled. At the same time, the Bernie Bros -- or Bernie Hos, as in the case of Rania and Cassandra -- act outraged whenever anyone says one unkind word about them.

Do they really expect us to accept this outrageous double standard? I sure as hell won't. They remind me of a classic Matt Groening cartoon from the '80s, in which he depicted the nine types of bosses. The final image depicted the worst of the lot. I think of this image whenever I think of the Bernie cult.

The Bernie Bros actually expect everyone else to accept -- meeekly, humbly, obsequiously -- abuse and humiliation. Anyone who has any understanding of human psychology knows that this will never happen. Most people are not masochists.

Thus, we may safely conclude that the Bernie cultists who insist on this "We can do what you may not" attitude are secretly working for Putin or the Alt Right or Team Trump. The goal is to divide and demoralize the Dems.

Actually, they are not "trying." They've done it.

At this point, there is nothing for it. The wound is too deep. We must declare war on Bernie Sanders and his ghastly cult.

The vast majority of Bernie Bros are beyond redemption. They are a cancer and they must be eradicated mercilessly. People like Rania and Cassandra have made Bernie Sanders absolutely unacceptable. Until Bernie publicly chastises the cultists who speak in his name -- which he won't -- we must presume that he agrees with them. In essence, he is Putin's toady.

NO MORE POLITICAL CULTS!
That ad does seem like pretty effective propaganda for splitting the Democrats.  As I watching it last night I definitely had a feeling of "fuck the DNC, I'm not voting for them."

Not a good thing when there's a Republican president doing loyalty purges and rushing us into a climate disaster.

Bad video, won't share

If you're not angry about the Democrats clearly rigging the election against a popular candidate a second time because "DINO when he's actually an independent!" "He'll tax the hell out of us!" etc. to where you're going to #VoteBlueNoMatterWho because #OrangeManBad I dunno what to tell you.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #51784 on: February 09, 2020, 11:28:17 AM »
Fuck you, the Orange Man is bad and I don't care about your feelings.

BernieBros are going to kill us all
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 11:34:41 AM by Dickie Dee »
___

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #51785 on: February 09, 2020, 11:45:08 AM »
If you're not angry about the Democrats clearly rigging the election against a popular candidate a second time because "DINO when he's actually an independent!" "He'll tax the hell out of us!" etc. to where you're going to #VoteBlueNoMatterWho because #OrangeManBad I dunno what to tell you.

It's a political Twitter/Facebook video aimed at teens. Just because she happens to be right doesn't make it any less cringey.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51786 on: February 09, 2020, 12:39:49 PM »
Did you notice how videos in support of Bernie Sanders usually contain thicc milfs or Latinos.  :bernie

The 'Chad' Bernie
- Brings in the Donations
- Brings in the thicc milfs
- Writes the policy
- Recruits an online army

Establishment 'Virgin' Dems
- Support terrible candidates
- Can't count votes
- Circle jerk on MSDNC
- Approve GOP budgets
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 12:44:35 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #51787 on: February 09, 2020, 12:59:20 PM »
I did notice all the chongas in iowa vids.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51788 on: February 09, 2020, 01:12:27 PM »
The President is shit posting on Twitter. A sample:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1226537476476502016

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1226564532031705093

Joe Munchkin / MVP Heckler

Joe Manchin WRECKED
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #51789 on: February 09, 2020, 01:16:22 PM »
 :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #51790 on: February 09, 2020, 01:33:27 PM »

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #51791 on: February 09, 2020, 01:40:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1226574736496504832

WASHINGTON —  Not long ago, Pete Buttigieg was unknown outside of South Bend, the fourth-largest city in Indiana, a state so red it voted for Democratic presidents only twice since 1940.
But as he heads into the New Hampshire primary on Tuesday, the former mayor of South Bend is a surprisingly good bet to win the race for the Democratic presidential nomination.

He’s gotten this far mostly on raw political talent — without the years of experience, deep bases of support or fundraising networks some of his rivals enjoyed.

Yes, he’s given eloquent speeches and assembled, at 38, a gold-plated resume (Harvard, Rhodes scholar, naval intelligence officer in Afghanistan, management consultant). But he’s risen mostly because of canny political judgment that led him to seize what appears a sweet spot on the Democrats’ political spectrum.

He’s cast himself as the Goldilocks candidate: younger and more progressive than Joe Biden or Amy Klobuchar, but more moderate and less combative than Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren.

“You don’t have to choose between the status quo … and the revolution,” he said recently.

Much of his stump speech is a call for “generational change,” an attempt to turn his youth and earnest Eagle Scout demeanor into an advantage.

First-time listeners often come away impressed — although if you’ve heard him more than once, the pitch can also sound bland and generic.

But Buttigieg’s policies are more interesting than he makes them sound. Most fall midway between Biden’s nostalgic liberalism and Sanders’ calls for a “political revolution.”

His most distinctive position is on healthcare, where he rejects Sanders’ “Medicare for all” proposal, which would eliminate private medical insurance for a government-run system, a step many voters aren’t ready to embrace.

Buttigieg’s alternative, which he calls “Medicare for all who want it,” would still mandate universal health coverage but allow people to choose either government-run insurance or a private plan.

Polls show most Democrats like both ideas. But the Buttigieg version is far more popular among the independents and Republicans who will vote in a general election.

His clarity on healthcare is probably the main reason he has risen so fast, especially compared with Warren, who stumbled on the issue when she initially backed the Sanders proposal and then appeared to back away, angering both sides.

In a similar Goldilocks vein, Buttigieg would raise taxes on the wealthy — not as much as Sanders or Warren, but more than Biden. Unlike Sanders, he doesn’t slam billionaires for their wealth; he raises money from them at high-dollar fundraisers and doesn’t apologize for it, saying Democrats need all the help they can get to beat President Trump.

A study by Americans for Tax Fairness, a liberal group, found that Sanders’ proposals (including Medicare for all) would raise federal spending by about $50 trillion over 10 years. Buttigieg’s would raise spending by about $8 trillion, and Biden’s would raise spending by about $3 trillion.

Buttigieg says he would mandate free tuition at public colleges for most students, but not for children of wealthy parents. Sanders and Warren would make college tuition-free for all.

Buttigieg’s rivals complain — accurately — that his views have shifted. In 2018, as he was preparing to run, he said he favored “Medicare for all.” In early 2019, amid a wave of progressive sentiment, he joined in calls to decriminalize illegal border crossings. He walked back from both positions as his campaign moved toward the center.

His critics say he trimmed his sails in search of votes — and campaign contributions, which he denies. Warren has accused him of running a “consultant-driven campaign with some vague ideas that are designed not to offend anyone.”

Vague or not, Buttigieg appears to have gained a solid foothold in the moderate majority of the Democratic electorate. He’s likely to benefit if Biden continues to flail, as he did in Friday’s debate in Manchester.

Buttigieg effectively tied with Sanders in the chaotic Iowa caucuses last week. But he ran well ahead among voters who call themselves “somewhat liberal,” the party’s largest ideological category.

For all that, he has vulnerabilities, and they will be tested in the months ahead.

He is the first openly gay candidate to run for president, and no one knows if that will prove a liability.

He has been notably weak in polls of African American voters, who are a crucial Democratic base in South Carolina and other Southern states. In Friday night’s debate in New Hampshire, he didn’t offer a convincing explanation for statistics showing disproportionate arrests of black men in South Bend during the eight years he was mayor.

His claim to electability won’t be convincing unless he begins winning by bigger margins than his hair’s-breadth finish in Iowa.

And while he often points out that he has more military and governing experience than Trump did in 2016, if Buttigieg gets the nomination, the president will have a field day mocking the former small-city mayor.

The immediate question is whether either Buttigieg or Sanders, the top two finishers in Iowa, can expand his appeal and take the lead. Can Buttigieg acquire moderate voters who have backed Biden until now? Can Sanders win support from Democrats fearful of his call for a political revolution?

And can either of them beat Michael R. Bloomberg, the billionaire former mayor of New York, who has spent more than $200 million of his own money, and vows to spend much more, in states that will vote on Super Tuesday, March 3, including California?

If Buttigieg, Sanders and Bloomberg lead the field a month from now, Democrats will definitely have a clear choice. And the Goldilocks candidate might just win.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51792 on: February 09, 2020, 01:42:14 PM »

Rudy's still on the case  :pimp
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #51793 on: February 09, 2020, 01:44:09 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51794 on: February 09, 2020, 01:49:14 PM »
https://twitter.com/VaughnHillyard/status/1226561932183949313
Pete's doing massive rallies for white people.

https://twitter.com/JaimeStPeter1/status/1226554396240220164

I could honestly see Trump get a higher share of the African American vote than Pete or I could equally see only white people voting in the 2020 elections if it's Trump/Pence vs. Buttigieg/Bloomberg.  :lol
🤴

kingv

« Reply #51795 on: February 09, 2020, 01:49:14 PM »
I can't wait until bernie tells trump to fuck off on live tv after trump k words him.

Bernie is the only one that is really unflappable, because his political autism just lets him ignore those type of attacks and talk about his platform.

Biden would challenge trump to arm wrestling or tell him to “put up his dukes” or some dumb shit like that.

Warren has the worst political instincts out of all the candidates, so who knows what she would do.

Pete would just continue to look like he belongs in a Life cereal ad.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #51796 on: February 09, 2020, 01:52:43 PM »
https://twitter.com/jonward11/status/1226564369917644800

joe please you have to hold on long enough to sink buttigieg

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51797 on: February 09, 2020, 01:56:37 PM »
Anecdotes that start with "<insert_person> asks Biden" never disappoint.

The video is even better

https://twitter.com/SteveGuest/status/1226578797983682562
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 02:21:52 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Tripon

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51799 on: February 09, 2020, 02:53:49 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1226594759436881921

:drudge :drudge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
tfw Trump actually arrests Hillary Clinton  :pika
[close]
🤴

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #51800 on: February 09, 2020, 02:53:52 PM »
Federal deficits are a really complex issue. The best course and way around is pretty heavy stuff.
Naturally people aren't going to be all that sure of it, and shitty analogies are afloat. Like the managing your household expenses and credit card comparisons to the federal deficit when conservative voters try to make it an issue. "When you can't make you payments you need to cut spending so that's why Ju$tin needs to be voted out".

Unless you can't pay off the interest and you pissed off America, then you're screwed AF.
Some European governments can refinance at 'negative' interest rates. Which means they get paid for spending more.

As Republican/Democrats you can't really sign off on a 700+ billion military budget and then say you need to 'cut spending' a day later.
I believe those Goldman Sachs fuckers when they say we've nearly achieved a 'recession proof' economy.
The US and to a lesser extend Europe and China pretty much control all the levers of the economy.

For example the ECB is printing money far beyond what Weimar Germany dreamed off and it doesn't make dent in inflation.

I don't know much about it, but I instinctively distrust whatever you said.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #51801 on: February 09, 2020, 02:58:39 PM »
Sharia Law is running wild in Tuscaloosa and only Tommy Tuberville can stop it.
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #51802 on: February 09, 2020, 03:08:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1226594759436881921

:drudge :drudge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
tfw Trump actually arrests Hillary Clinton  :pika
[close]

this is Wray saying "yes that's what the IG report says"

:lol

Also, "just" this happened on the 5th.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?468923-1/fbi-director-wray-testifies-oversight-hearing&vod=&start=6190

1:45:xx ish

BisMarckie

« Reply #51803 on: February 09, 2020, 03:13:30 PM »

Roll Tide, wallah.

Tripon

« Reply #51804 on: February 09, 2020, 03:19:31 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #51805 on: February 09, 2020, 03:23:57 PM »

Roll Tide, wallah.
jihad eagle!

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #51806 on: February 09, 2020, 03:37:35 PM »

Roll Tide, wallah.
jihad eagle!

Go raidahs (of Andalusia)!
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #51807 on: February 09, 2020, 03:38:21 PM »

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #51808 on: February 09, 2020, 03:39:07 PM »
Iberian peninsula :nope

Al-Andalus  :ohyeah

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #51809 on: February 09, 2020, 03:47:48 PM »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #51810 on: February 09, 2020, 04:09:18 PM »
buddy thought he was gonna go against the dems

wrecked

:dead

Himu

IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #51813 on: February 09, 2020, 05:07:16 PM »
ὕβρις

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #51814 on: February 09, 2020, 05:11:49 PM »
Lol there's a boot-i-gieg chant? Like U-S-A? (And "lock-her-up", I guess). How come you fuckimg Americans only have one chant?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #51815 on: February 09, 2020, 05:14:56 PM »
You mean like "oi oi oi"?
每天生气

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #51816 on: February 09, 2020, 05:22:27 PM »
It's "Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi", so technically different

:kermit

Tripon

Trurl

« Reply #51818 on: February 09, 2020, 05:27:19 PM »
One weird thing is "vote blue no matter who" acts like I would only do that because of Trump.  Personally until I become an accelerationist (or Ohio officially stops being a swing state) that's what I do anyway.  Its existence speaks more to disunity than unity

shosta

每天生气

Tripon

shosta

« Reply #51821 on: February 09, 2020, 06:23:05 PM »
Had a professor years ago who would talk non-stop about Chomsky while wearing vibrams... I couldn't handle that energy so I dropped the class
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #51823 on: February 09, 2020, 07:20:07 PM »
"We cannot go back and change results because it would be us changing the data, changing the information provided from each of the precincts," the aide said.
"The Iowa Democratic Party cannot go in and make changes," one aide said.
"We follow the math worksheets and we are obligated to report what is given to us," one aide said.

GG

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #51824 on: February 09, 2020, 07:46:17 PM »
never trust stost!

shosta

« Reply #51826 on: February 09, 2020, 07:47:15 PM »
never trust stost!
ok I'm leaving for again :hmph
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #51828 on: February 09, 2020, 08:06:47 PM »

:pimp

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #51829 on: February 09, 2020, 08:17:30 PM »
That's how you wear a pantsuit.

:delicious

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>

Tripon

« Reply #51831 on: February 09, 2020, 08:52:36 PM »
https://twitter.com/hollyotterbein/status/1226679758689312769

Tom Steyer is largely training his advertising firepower onto Pete Buttigieg and Joe Biden. The former vice president is mocking Buttigieg’s experience and targeting him in a digital spot. Fighting back against Biden, the ex-mayor says he’s tired of being a punchline.

The strength of the Vermont senator — who is polling first in the state with Buttigieg closely behind him — and the sudden lack of resistance to him on the airwaves is sparking anxiety among some moderate Democratic leaders.

“It’s fratricide at the moment,” said a prominent moderate in Washington. “It’s super bad. Too many mods against Bernie and a fading Warren. Very, very scary.”

TOO MANY MODS.  :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #51832 on: February 09, 2020, 09:05:39 PM »
KEENE, N.H. — Former New Mexico governor and 2016 Libertarian Party presidential nominee Gary Johnson offered his support to Democratic presidential hopeful Tulsi Gabbard ahead of Tuesday's New Hampshire Primary in a voicemail obtained by Insider.

"Hey, I was asked a long time ago to endorse Tulsi, and I did, and you know, whatever I can do — I'm not active on social media — but I did endorse her, and you know, whatever quote you wanna attribute to me to say vote for her, you got it," Johnson told a local Gabbard volunteer.

"Anyway, talk to you later," he continued.

Trurl

« Reply #51833 on: February 09, 2020, 09:09:16 PM »
Culinary Union suggests Sanders, Warren asking union members to trade health plans for ‘promises’
I mean, they would only be trading their plan in the event that we get m4a, in which case the union could spend time negotiating for stuff other than just health plans.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #51834 on: February 09, 2020, 09:28:02 PM »
Culinary Union suggests Sanders, Warren asking union members to trade health plans for ‘promises’
I mean, they would only be trading their plan in the event that we get m4a, in which case the union could spend time negotiating for stuff other than just health plans.

Bernie is basically bribing members with cold hard cash tbh. Shameful.

Trurl

« Reply #51835 on: February 09, 2020, 09:37:50 PM »
It's a union protecting its identity as the securer of a nice health plan.  For the left to be successful we have to see ourselves as having a class interest and it's not going great

Tripon

« Reply #51836 on: February 09, 2020, 09:45:19 PM »
https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1226193905546416128

So did Pete sign up John Delaney for his campaign?

https://www.johndelaney.com/2019/07/28/delaney-announces-plan-for-mandatory-national-service/

FRIENDSHIP HEIGHTS, MD – John Delaney releases today his plan to establish a mandatory service program. Under Delaney’s National Service plan, all Americans would be required to serve their country for at least one year, with an option to serve for two. This requirement would apply to everyone upon turning 18, no exceptions. While serving their country, participants will be paid, and in exchange, they will receive two years of free tuition at a public college or university. If they choose to serve for two years, they will receive three years of tuition at a public college or university. This benefit can also be applied to vocational or technical training. In addition to this educational benefit, participants will also get work experience and learn new skills, better preparing them for the rest of their careers.

benjipwns

« Reply #51837 on: February 09, 2020, 09:52:17 PM »
There is not a fucking chance a candidate running on mandatory service can get elected in America :dead
Obama proposed something similar during his first campaign.

edit and I guess Hillary did too:
During an MTV/MySpace forum on February 19, 2008, Hillary Clinton, when asked about education expenses, stated, "I'm in favor of two years of national service, where you could earn up to $10,000 a year doing national service and go right into helping you pay for college." In a follow-up comment, Barack Obama then stated, "one of the things that I've proposed, for example, is that I will give a $4000 tuition credit--every student, every year--so that they are not being loaded up with enormous debts, but there will be a community service--a national service component. The military could be one way for you to get this $4000 tuition credit. Another way would be to work in an under-served school that needs help. Another way would be to work in an under-served hospital or a homeless shelter, or a veterans home. The point is, I think it is important for young people to serve."

On July 2, 2008, in a speech at Colorado Springs, Barack Obama (as presumptive Democratic Party nominee) made another reference to such legislation when he called for the creation of a nationwide civilian service program, by explaining his vision of a national service program similar to the one he outlined in the MTV/MySpace forum, saying he would make federal assistance to schools contingent to school districts establishing service programs, with a goal of 50 h of service per year for middle school and high school students and 100 h of service per year for college students.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 09:58:38 PM by benjipwns »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #51838 on: February 09, 2020, 09:53:15 PM »
Friendship Heights is a great place to kick off your mandatory military service plan.
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #51839 on: February 09, 2020, 10:15:26 PM »
https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1226193905546416128

Obama talked about doing something similar to this.

Fact of the matter is that no current congress is going for this because it would mean their kids.

fucking benji.

:hmph