Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 219612 times)

Bebpo

Re: FFXIV
« Reply #1620 on: June 07, 2019, 02:31:48 PM »
Yeah I heard people are being grumpy about SCH changes.

I'm up to 45 now with WHM (just got my first AoE with Holy) and it's alright. Usually when doing dungeons/df people are constantly taking damage/status effects so between regen/shields/tank healing/status removing/dps healing there's really almost no time for me to get DPS damage in anymore. After around 41 Stone Vigil, these tanks even with regen are burning HP hard in big pulls and I pretty much just have to cure/cureII non-stop in a pull to keep the tank from dying.

I'm actually getting pretty close to running out of rest xp because of my WHM leveling  :'( Would've been nice to have that for my 70-80 characters but it is what it is.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1621 on: June 07, 2019, 02:44:47 PM »
I really like ranged dps in this game so I'm full in on dancer

Bebpo

« Reply #1622 on: June 07, 2019, 04:38:45 PM »
Man, 44-49 in ARR is brutal for leveling. Your only choices for xp outside random leveling df are Dzeamold Darkhold & Aurum Vale, two crappy 1.0 dungeons and you start leveling slower. I was leveling like 1.5-2 levels per dungeon run until now, but even at 200%+ xp gain I only go up about 1 level per dungeon run. lvl.46 now with WHM, 4 more dungeon runs to go...

It would help if the ARR beast quests were better. If I was the dev team I'd go back and change up the ARR beast tribes to at least give good xp. Right now there's a ton of ARR beast tribes and their quests are annoying and have no flying and tedious and they give jack shit xp so there's no reason to do them other than completion. Otoh the HW/SB beast tribes are quick & easy and give solid xp so it's worth doing them. I got about halfway through the HW/SB beast tribes leveling my DRK last month, so should be able to finish them with my WHM once I hit 50, but not looking forward to 46-50.

I am getting better at healing though! Man, this job can be chaotic but it's pretty fun when you save everyone's ass.

Bebpo

« Reply #1623 on: June 07, 2019, 05:42:08 PM »
Also

Got my first 100 on fashion report. Enjoying that sweet +50% MGP giving me 90k MGP for it. Just broke 1 million MGP. Saving up for 2 million for the Sabotender mount.

Bebpo

« Reply #1624 on: June 09, 2019, 03:11:55 PM »
Ran Darkhold again to hit 47 and then did a run of Aurum Vale and now real close to hitting 49. One more run of Aurum Vale should take me to 50.

Darkhold & Aurum Vale are awful dungeons to heal on. Especially AV with all the multi-stack poison bosses blarrghhh. I do feel it made me a better healer getting through that though. My tank way overpulled in one of the maps and I just barely scrapped us by in healing. Was real intense and were super close to wiping multiple times, but feels good making it through a giant pull as a healer.

Bebpo

« Reply #1625 on: June 09, 2019, 07:15:03 PM »
Welp, hit lvl.50 with my WHM. Time to slowly keep going to 60 and then 70. Might get there by Shadowbringers launch, maybe. Gonna be out of rest xp so that's 50% less and will slow it down somewhat. Beast tribes will help though.

Also I haven't bitched much about the df peeps but playing Healer I seriously UNDERSTAND. It's like every df run has someone whose being an idiot. I did Hauke's Manor for like the 50th time (it always seems to be the dungeon that pops on leveling queue idky) and the tank was a WAR and I realized he either didn't know about role actions or just didn't care because I never saw the dude pop rampart or any DEF buff once so the entire dungeon his HP would always melt and I'd have to keep healing him non-stop.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1626 on: June 09, 2019, 08:41:06 PM »
I started on MRD this weekend and ah shit here we go again. gonna be out of rest XP for expansion at this rate.

have leveled BRD 53-60 and like it, was trying to level LNC and MRD together but see the MRD lapping it as super quick queue.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1627 on: June 09, 2019, 08:56:27 PM »
flying whale fight was pretty great, coolest primal so far. almost 59, we're getting there

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1628 on: June 09, 2019, 09:08:24 PM »
also not ashamed to admit i'm obsessed with the group pose and glamor system. usually rocking this setup though, the brd class armor is basic but i just dig it a ton

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1629 on: June 15, 2019, 03:26:04 PM »
Finally hit 60! Azys Lla is a real cool zone as well, I dig it a lot.

Bebpo

« Reply #1630 on: June 15, 2019, 04:32:26 PM »
Nice picture.

Yeah I really like Azys Lla from a visual design although I wish it was used for more than just the final dungeon. Like there's almost no gathering points outside hidden nodes and unless there is a hunt there, no reason to ever be there.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1631 on: June 17, 2019, 01:39:24 PM »
Finished the story of HW (well minus the years of extra stuff in patches lol) and it was pretty good. I was gonna just jump into the next MSQ but I've been caught up with all these side quests and raids and gearing up myself. Alexander parts are pretty cool and I like the little story going with it about Gobbos Gone Wild. Also did all the Hildibrand quests I'd been misisng, I really love his stuff and the HW quests were beyod wacky. :lol Probably gonna do Void Ark today to see what's up with these sky pirates.

And between all this I've been running Syrcus Tower non-stop for Poetic and event tomestones. I'm now in all Shire gear/wep and getting close to being able to upgrade it all. Once I get that I think it'll be time to pop back into MSQ to get myself to SB.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1632 on: June 19, 2019, 01:13:30 PM »
Trying not to get sucked back into this, but have been playing a lot. :lol

At this rate won’t have much if any rested XP for the expansion but whatever, running around on WAR is fun. Already lvl 45 but am not best skill wise as all it gives me is sastasha in roulettes for the most part. Should just queue what I want I guess.

Going to be a proper catass next weekend for expansion as wife out of town. And SAMSHO for when this is inevitably down.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1633 on: June 19, 2019, 04:54:25 PM »
in breaking news that no one cares about, i installed an XIV specific version of Reshade (called MoogleShade) that enhances the colors and such a bit to take better screenshots :lol if anyone's interested, its an easy install: https://www.mooglemedia.com/moogleshade/ I'm using the Bearshade Gameplay preset so I don't have to turn it on and off and its pretty non-intrusive

Anyway a quick shot, might take some more later on

« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 05:05:53 PM by nachobro »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1634 on: June 19, 2019, 09:44:08 PM »
Finally got all my Shire gear upgraded, time to finish Heavensward!

Bebpo

« Reply #1635 on: June 21, 2019, 08:54:01 PM »
So Shadowbringers comes out in a week and for some reason I'm not excited at all. Just feels like ok, next story patch with some new features is out soon. I haven't even watched any Shadowbringers trailers and have no idea what is coming in the expansion besides the 2 new jobs and some furries.

Before Stormblood came out I was still catching up and was super excited before launch and joined the era FC running Ex bosses all night on the last night servers were up before the new expansion. But this time, maybe I'll log in for the crazy for a bit on Wednesday night, but if not don't really mind.

I think this because while I really like FF14 it's just sorta routine. I log on do my 10 mins of retainer restock on items selling on MB, maybe do 15-20 mins of beast tribe dailies for the class I'm leveling, maybe run 1 dungeon, I do my 1 minute gold saucer scratch off, on Friday's I do my fashion report, sunday's I check the lottery and buy new cards. On Tuesdays I run the 12 custom deliveries with a crafter in 15-20 mins for scrips I use to buy items I sell for more $$, and Tuesday I go to Doma and donate 20,000 moneybags to get $40,000 back.

And that's pretty much all I do since I've backed off from the Savage/Ex raiding and not caring about gearing up past the point of high enough ilevel to run all the bosses/dungeons/raids. I'm only like i384 with my NIN and around i380 with my DRK and I have no desire to up my ilevel because what's the point since I'm not doing current patch Ex bosses and Raids /shrug

I'm hoping with the new expansion I'll at least get back in the raid cycle of running the normal version of each raid every week to get my 4 drops and full armor set. That was pretty fun with Omega and something more to do.

I find FFXIV at this point my just a therapeutic relaxing place to log on, do my stuff, maybe do a dungeon and log off. Listen to some nice music, have a little human interaction (though playing Healer these tanks :maf ).

Welp, time to log on and do some stuff.

Bebpo

« Reply #1636 on: June 22, 2019, 02:18:05 AM »

Ended up doing 53->55 with my WHM. Healing gets real in the 50s. Here I am doing Medica regen + normal regen + asylum regen circles and everyone is pretty much auto-healed and I just dps. I did my first 8-man raid with 2 healers with Ravana at 53 and it was kind of hilarious. Unlike MT/OT, feels like there's no synch between the two healers and it's just like HEY LETS DO THIS and suddenly there's like 6 regens on the tank and just healing whoever is getting hit and if someone dies time to swiftcast->raise. I like putting regens on the other healer because A) If they stay alive, that's less work for me to do healing everyone yay, and B) just feels like professional courtesy.

Also tried my first 24 man alliance raid healing and it's also kinda lolz but it's so easy with how much they've dumbed down Crystal Tower that can just spam Medica II all the time and keep everyone alive and regen-ing.

Otoh I'm kind of over leveling roulette. I got Hatali and lvl.23 or something can't do anything so it's just like 30-40 mins of casting DoT DoT DoT cure 1 dps dps cure 1 dps dps zzz. Also Alliance Raid pays out almost the xp and it's quick and fun lvl.50 runs with some neat looking loot grabs too (I got a nice dress for my WHM since healing is NOTHING BUT DRESSES AND SHORT SKIRTS FOR MEN :P), so I think I'll stick to running the latest dungeon and an alliance roulette each day to get like 1 level per day.

7 days until Shadowbringers and 15 levels to go...yeah I don't think I'm gonna get there. But I'd like to at least get to lvl.60 so I can run stuff in the 60s with my WHM while everyone is leveling their guntanks and dancers in the 60s.

When I get my NIN/DRK/WHM to 80, not sure what I'll main. I feel like for dungeons I wanna tank and for bosses I either wanna heal or DPS. Tanking feels so boring in boss fights just standing on the boss hitting them with 1-2-3 and cooldown before tankbusters and DPS generally feels boring in dungeons because of AoE AoE AoE AoE. Tank is fun in dungeons because you wanna try to pull a bunch without dying so glass cannon running is fun. Also fun healing and watching the chaos from behind. DPS in bosses is fun with all the patterns to dodge and Healing is fun in bosses for the AHHHH HOW DO I PULL THIS OFF EVERYONE KEEPS GETTING HIT adhd of it.

Finally, the Lily Gauge for WHM is the dumbest gauge I've seen yet considering it's 100% passive and you have no interaction with it unlike the NIN's magic meter and DRK's blood meter which you pull moves off of. Would have rather had healing moves that use Lilies or something than just it passively reducing recast times for a couple spells.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1637 on: June 22, 2019, 02:30:18 AM »
Beb you seem to be treating it like a job .  :doge

Coming from someone with a slightly addictive personality, back off on the daily shit, it isn't worth it. That said I have made like 2M in the last 2 weeks on 10 minute MB stuff so what do I know lol. I got a bit deep into crafting in HW but realized the hustle I was applying to the game could have been applied to RL and refocused. Gaming in general is a waste of time, MMO timesinks tend to be even more poisonous in general but they are fun. Just have to watch it.

The expansion will either be good or bad, I wouldn't judge much right now. At the end of the day it's a content dump, I was not hype at all a few weeks ago, but it looks better than I expected tbh. The class changes are pretty wild, I don't really care about either new class, but I still haven't even fucked with BLU/RDM/MCH (which is all new apparently) so there is tons to do once I finish the content with my WHM. They seem to be buffing SMN, BRD, and DRK somewhat as well and those are the ones I am dabbling in. Eh, I think it will be crack for a month or two.

The genius move of FFXI and XIV is adapting the job system to where your one character has access to all the carrots. The thing I like about XIV past 2.0 is it has at least the notion of respecting your time. They are just cognizant of the fact that their bread is buttered by crazy people.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1638 on: June 22, 2019, 02:32:08 AM »
WHM from what I am seeing may suck soon, this lily bullshit we were all worried about in SB may actually matter now.  :exxy

Bebpo

« Reply #1639 on: June 22, 2019, 03:11:39 AM »
Haha, that sounds exciting to me. Would rather have Lilies do something rather than nothing.

Beb you seem to be treating it like a job .  :doge

Coming from someone with a slightly addictive personality, back off on the daily shit, it isn't worth it. That said I have made like 2M in the last 2 weeks on 10 minute MB stuff so what do I know lol. I got a bit deep into crafting in HW but realized the hustle I was applying to the game could have been applied to RL and refocused. Gaming in general is a waste of time, MMO timesinks tend to be even more poisonous in general but they are fun. Just have to watch it.

The expansion will either be good or bad, I wouldn't judge much right now. At the end of the day it's a content dump, I was not hype at all a few weeks ago, but it looks better than I expected tbh. The class changes are pretty wild, I don't really care about either new class, but I still haven't even fucked with BLU/RDM/MCH (which is all new apparently) so there is tons to do once I finish the content with my WHM. They seem to be buffing SMN, BRD, and DRK somewhat as well and those are the ones I am dabbling in. Eh, I think it will be crack for a month or two.

The genius move of FFXI and XIV is adapting the job system to where your one character has access to all the carrots. The thing I like about XIV past 2.0 is it has at least the notion of respecting your time. They are just cognizant of the fact that their bread is buttered by crazy people.

Nah, I don’t treat it like a job, the 5-20 min daily stuff I do in the morning while drinking coffee and waiting to hit the bathroom before heading to work. Some people read newspapers, I go on and make 300-500k gil a morning and get some more mgp toward my 2 million mgp Cactuar mount that I will eventually get because it’s the only worthwhile mgp thing there is lol I also like checking my retainers each morning because I have them all on quick exploration and I like checking out all the random gear they get. Have gotten some neat glamor from it and rest I dump for GC seals which I use for ventures and the cycle continues.

In terms of doing dungeons or roulettes I just do them on nights where I’m bored like tonight. Trust me, if I have anything better going on I do it.

Also, just like during the SB cycle I gave up on

-raiding
-gear progression past minimum needed for normal content

Outside of this DRK/WHM alt jobs that I only even started last month, I’ve got zero desire to max all jobs or anything. If I have one dps, one tank, one healer I’m pretty happy although I may dabble in Dancer to try out ranged dps experience plus I wanna dance during fights.

A lot of my FF14 time has been catching up. Getting all the content done with my NIN (every dungeon, raid, trial, most ex, about half savage), getting all crafters/ gatherers maxed and now getting DRK and WHM. I also took six months off the game last fall. I feel like with Shadowbringers since I’m mostly caught up I can probably get everything I want to 80 in the first 2-3 months and then I won’t be playing much, just hop in one night a week for normal raids and not even that during odd patches since 24man raids aren’t that repayable to me (I’ve still only done Orbome once).

Plus once it’s fall/winter/2020 there’s a lot of other games out I want to play.

But summer is pretty much just gonna be real life fun stuff and Shadowbringers for gaming.

Bebpo

« Reply #1640 on: June 22, 2019, 03:16:30 AM »
And stuff like Eureka and relics I don’t even touch, because like you said the game generally respects your time and for optional stuff like that which doesn’t...pass for me.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1641 on: June 22, 2019, 03:24:59 AM »
you are making way more $$ than me on the morning check.  :lol

I get where you are coming from, I way gave up on raiding/top gear etc as more time than I want to spend, in addition to any social BS. I know I will like heals even if I need to bring up my SCH instead. Even liking tanking more, and looking forward to new crafts/gather...SB is going to eat my summer gaming time.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1642 on: June 22, 2019, 09:58:10 AM »
I go on and make 300-500k gil a morning

:leon goddamn

Bebpo

« Reply #1643 on: June 22, 2019, 01:04:21 PM »
yellow scrip items (from custom delivery trade-ins each week) sell good yo ;)

Without those I probably make like 100-200k from NPC vendor resells.

Chooky

« Reply #1644 on: June 22, 2019, 01:29:17 PM »
welp SE claimed my card info was incorrect and cancelled my Shadowbringers CE. fucking end me rn plz

Bebpo

« Reply #1645 on: June 22, 2019, 01:32:54 PM »
welp SE claimed my card info was incorrect and cancelled my Shadowbringers CE. fucking end me rn plz

:(

Bebpo

« Reply #1646 on: June 23, 2019, 02:53:21 AM »
Halfway to lvl.58 now. I went from feeling amazingly badass as a healer doing triple regen bursts of Medica II + Regen + Asylum with Asize bursts of healing and MP restoration; like everyone on the team constantly regen-ing and at full HP ez pz; to doing THE VAULT at lvl.57 and holy shit everyone is still taking mad damage with 3 regens on ffffuck. Got through it ok but yeah had to use Benediction a few times to heal the tank or someone else because there were times when the tank was just melting faster than I could heal with Cure II/Cure II/Cure II while on 3 regens + 1 shield. Might just need to up my gear since last set was lvl.55. Almost at Shire Gear. I think I have enough Poetics left over to suit up once I hit 60.

Bismark at 57 was fun too, definitely noticing people taking more damage at this point, so gotta heal faster.

Crystal Tower alliance raids are ez fun though. Just medica II all day and DPS yay yay

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1647 on: June 23, 2019, 11:39:34 AM »
In the 50's & 60's should be pretty big stat gains every few levels yeah? It sucks when so close to 60/free gear, but may want to upgrade at least weapon/body/pantsu. You are getting into the real game as far as healing goes though, you can generally tell what runs will be work pretty early. We will see how changes affect as they seem to be simplifying it, but note they removed the restriction on holy, so hopefully it doesn't descend into WHM=holy battery.

Speaking of real game, I was tanking so poorly last night. Had back-to-back runs of Vale > Darkhold and hadn't ran in forever, didn't read up on the tanking strats as well. Going through the roulette is super quick, but it's kind of a bad way to level as you don't get to learn incrementally, it's kind of weighted towards early game content which is babby easy.

Also had been and was drinking so am sure that came into play.  :lol

Hit 50 on WAR which finally matches (and shares gear) with my 1.0 charity PLD, which may finally come out of retirement soon. I loved PLD in XI but it never really gelled for me in XIV...although I amliking WAR and depending on changes will see how much translates over. I am not huge on DRK but they are moving the tank skill way earlier so it should become a bit easier? I need to read up on it. All that said I think I am going to park the tanks until after running through the expansion for the most part. With skills changing don't want to get too many unnecessary bad habits. Need to kind of stop XP to get maxed rested bonus as well to at least try some to minimize the upcoming gates, but likely won't, hopefully they pace it pretty well.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1648 on: June 25, 2019, 09:26:50 AM »
Got to 3.4 (halfway through maybe?) yesterday so it's tight but I think I'll be able to finish HW before the expansion hits this week. I liked how Titan gets summoned in dramatic fashion and Alphinaud is like "Please just handle this shit and do Titan Hardmode again real quick" like it ain't no thing. :lol

I'm clearly also not the only one on this HW rush cause I've seen a lot of the same names in these story dungeon queues heh
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 09:41:24 AM by nachobro »

Bebpo

« Reply #1649 on: June 26, 2019, 03:21:40 AM »
Was out on social/date stuff so just barely had time to squeeze into lvl.60 with my WHM just now. All geared up in Shire gear. Will do lvl.60 quest tomorrow and get into Stormblood on the last day of SB. At 74,901,000 gil. Goal was to hit 75 mil before Shadowbringers, should make it!

Once Shadowbringers hits will need to figure out whether I want to rush the new 70-80 content with my NIN or DRK or do some of that and a save a couple roulettes for my WHM to get from 60-70. I'm guessing I'll want all the roulette going to my main Shadowbringers character, so WHM probably getting put on hold until at least one of those 2 is lvl.80. Then probably do WHM next since I'm actually really enjoying healing. To be honest I might just main a healer from now on. It's a pretty feel good job and also feels like you don't need to know the dungeon/boss mechanics as much as everyone else although in dungeons if you die on a boss from a mechanic and the whole party has to wipe because there's no healing...yeah that's bad. Although I had that happen once like midway through a dungeon boss and the WAR and 2 DPS managed to stay alive for like 5 mins and beat the boss without a healer. Was impressive.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1650 on: June 26, 2019, 09:11:26 AM »
Barely had time to play last night but got to 3.5. Almost there...though I suppose there's no actual reason to rush since I still have to play SB and I'm betting the servers will be busted on Friday. Oh well!

5.0 preliminary patch notes are up.
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d65aa2c282957d3d0fde9e8979c62bcebe5aa9f5

I know it was already 98% confirmed but now it's 100% confirmed that DNC will only require level 60 to accept the quest and its in Limsa :D

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1651 on: June 26, 2019, 07:54:49 PM »
Guess that's about a wrap for 4.0.

I will have a level or so of rested XP assuming servers cooperate, which they won't. As long as it's not an absolute shitshow on Saturday I'll be happy.

Bebpo

« Reply #1652 on: June 26, 2019, 09:05:55 PM »
I wish I could take Friday off work to play this day 1. I never take time off for games because you can play them whenever, but the day 1 aspect of MMO where you get a million people in the starting area doing fates and hunts and rauban-ex and stuff is awesome. I at least am free on Friday night so I can jump on around 7pm and play all night, but I wish I could start in the morning. I've been out sick too much lately and behind on way too much at work to take a day off just when I'm getting back to full time working ><

Saturday & Sunday I've got some social stuff but should be able to play at least half days on both.

Bebpo

« Reply #1653 on: June 27, 2019, 01:15:52 AM »
Go my White Mage to lvl.61, yeah Healer is the best. There's no other class I've tried that makes you feel so badass. Most of the time you're just casually carrying the tank with regens, carrying the dps for mistakes, dps-ing like crazy, holy spam on mobs with Assize finishers, with plenty of extra healing from cooldowns like Benediction and Tettragram to the point where you hardly even need to use cure/cure II. Regens + cooldown basically do enough so you can spend your GCDs just doing dps. You feel pretty invincible, well at least until all the mobs start whacking on you because you're drawing the most aggro and you're spamming benediction on yourself and trying to stay alive until the tank gets these adds off your ass.

Really fun job. Way more fun than Dark Knight was, though hopefully that gets a little better in Shadowbringers.

Bebpo

« Reply #1654 on: June 27, 2019, 02:48:53 AM »
I say that and then in the first dungeon of Stormblood, siren sea, the tank with full size pulls is burning HP so much even with 3 regents and shield that I’m spending all my GCDs on cure II spam with an occasional holy if I have room for one non cure II rotation. Hard to dps on full pulls.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1655 on: June 27, 2019, 09:09:38 AM »
Never know what you are gonna get.  :lol

I used to use swiftcast>aero 3 to help some on group pulls until had a handle on the heals, but they are taking that away. I don't remember what level that was at anyway.

Seems job guides are updated, I am not really liking the changes at a glance. WHM getting more instant heals which is good, but more GMD/mechanic DPS to manage, which is annoying. And they cut the duration of Medica 2 in half.  :maf

Bard changes are looking tasty.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 09:24:50 AM by Akala »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1656 on: June 27, 2019, 09:35:13 AM »
Yeah Bard is looking solid. Too bad Straight Shot doesn't give a crit bonus any more but otherwise it seems like all the changes make the job work more smoothly and make more sense rather than each song kinda being it's own thing.

Maybe it's just cause its early and the coffee hasn't kicked in but reading through the Dancer guide I'm confused as hell :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1657 on: June 27, 2019, 02:00:12 PM »
I saw on reddit someone posted the senor sabotender ice cream face and a moogle one too. that and yours are really cool!

Bebpo

« Reply #1658 on: June 27, 2019, 05:28:50 PM »
Debating whether to stay up to 2am tonight for launch and check out the first new area. Haven't been getting to sleep until like 3-4am lately anyhow and if I remember right when Stormblood started the servers actually went up early like around midnight-1am.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1659 on: June 27, 2019, 06:14:21 PM »
Ideally would check it out first thing in AM. Wonder when pre-load goes live.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1660 on: June 27, 2019, 07:00:27 PM »
i gotta be at work at 630a so that ain't happening for me :'(

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1661 on: June 27, 2019, 07:28:56 PM »
i gotta be at work at 630a so that ain't happening for me :'(

:'(

I am going to try and work from home a half day but there is a strong possibility you won't be missing anything lol

Bebpo

« Reply #1662 on: June 27, 2019, 07:41:36 PM »
I just wanna see what server breaking shenanigans there are this time  8)

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1663 on: June 27, 2019, 07:44:15 PM »
Ya I did this dance for every wow xpac (and ffxiv 1.0 and arr) so I know by now that the best time to take off to play a new mmo is about a week after it comes out :lol

that being said, it's my birthday tomorrow so square needs to let me on and no one else. 8)

Bebpo

« Reply #1664 on: June 27, 2019, 08:03:26 PM »
Stormblood was my first but I remember the Rauban thing not getting fixed for what felt like days and pretty much just fucked around killing A rank hunts with 100 people and fates for the first day then it was just depressing and everyone standing around doing nothing until it got fixed. I don't think there was any real progress until like after the first weekend.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1665 on: June 27, 2019, 08:04:22 PM »
Ya I did this dance for every wow xpac (and ffxiv 1.0 and arr) so I know by now that the best time to take off to play a new mmo is about a week after it comes out :lol

that being said, it's my birthday tomorrow so square needs to let me on and no one else. 8)

:isthis email yoshiP.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Happy advance bday!  :playa
[close]

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1666 on: June 27, 2019, 08:09:48 PM »
Stormblood was my first but I remember the Rauban thing not getting fixed for what felt like days and pretty much just fucked around killing A rank hunts with 100 people and fates for the first day then it was just depressing and everyone standing around doing nothing until it got fixed. I don't think there was any real progress until like after the first weekend.

Main thing I care about is getting on/servers being up. If for some reason MSQ is borked I have plenty of other DoH/lowbie jobs to level. Sorry rested XP I tried.  :trumps

Bebpo

« Reply #1667 on: June 27, 2019, 08:51:37 PM »

Main thing I care about is getting on/servers being up. If for some reason MSQ is borked I have plenty of other DoH/lowbie jobs to level. Sorry rested XP I tried.  :trumps

Good point. When Stormblood hit I only had NIN and FSH at 60 so all I could do was fish in the first lake and catch like 2 things or dick around with NIN. Now that I have MIN/BOT and all crafters, I can gather stuff in the starting area and craft with it if the MSQ is borked.

Bebpo

« Reply #1668 on: June 27, 2019, 09:31:15 PM »
PC/PS4 download is up.

Bebpo

« Reply #1669 on: June 28, 2019, 07:23:06 AM »
Played a couple hours. I'm good and ready to sleep.

There's not much to mine/bot/fish in the early areas and they really made the starting crafting vendor gear require a ton of items for each piece, hmmm. Just gonna play the story for a while and open up the maps more so I can gather/craft.

Looks like DRK is super changed up, I hardly recognize it. NIN seems similar with changes.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1670 on: June 28, 2019, 08:29:46 AM »
I'm tempted to take a half day today to get some time in, even if it'll be spent finishing 3.5 and then on to SB :doge

Also for those with higher hz monitors, someone on reddit put out an FPS uncapper for 14, since it is capped at 90fps for some reason now
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/c6fccl/fps_uncapper_for_shadowbringers/
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 08:50:49 AM by nachobro »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1671 on: June 28, 2019, 03:27:48 PM »
Was connected all day lol. Just booted me, 162 in queue.  :-\

Bebpo

« Reply #1672 on: June 28, 2019, 05:23:57 PM »
I don't really understand how queues work. I thought it was like the world is full and 100 people have to log out and leave for the queue to go down by 100. But when servers went up I was in queue 879 and every couple mins it dropped down 100 and I got in, in about 10 mins.

But there's no way hundreds of people got into the world and quit within the first 5 mins of getting in on the new expansion.

Also I got a crash last night and got kicked out. Luckily it was 3:30am and I got back in with no queue after, but yeah there may be some crash issues. Otherwise launch seems smooth, but yeah the new city was running like a slideshow for me too.

Additionally, my head is killing me today from lack of sleep, so yeah, not staying up for next expansion. Too old for this.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 05:35:48 PM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #1673 on: June 28, 2019, 07:21:24 PM »
Hmmmm, I need to put a real amount of time in it before I can figure out what I think. I feel like in a game like this there's no way to tell how a city is until you've been there a while (and it's not 5fps), areas are until you've fully explored them and can fly around, battle system is until you hit lvl.80 with full rotation, story is until you've seen it all, etc...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 08:33:58 PM by Bebpo »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1674 on: June 28, 2019, 07:48:38 PM »
Yeah, ShadowBringers isn’t even done. Some of the best Stormblood stuff was after the base game.

Bebpo

« Reply #1675 on: June 28, 2019, 08:37:12 PM »
I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally like Ishgard and Shirogane.

Also having not watched any of the trailers I'm just not sure how I feel about location-wise this expansion taking place

spoiler (click to show/hide)
In basically alternate universe ARR maps

vs all new fantasy maps to explore like Othard. Plus this being a post-apocalyptic world, at least some of it is just another wasteland, just like the Ala Mhigo wasteland and most likely the Garlamead wasteland in some future expansion.

I want all my maps to be beautiful fantastic locations like Othard's 3 maps in Stormblood. I am not a fan of wasteland ruins.
[close]

But again, I've only dipped my toes into this expansion, will need 50 hours+ of it to decide whether I like it or not.

anyhow, just got home, time to get in the queue!

Bebpo

« Reply #1676 on: June 28, 2019, 08:43:50 PM »
Wow, queue was only 13 people, so instant. I'm surprised?

Bebpo

« Reply #1677 on: June 28, 2019, 09:04:02 PM »
So I'm trying to main DRK since I realized it's really dumb switching back and forth between my lvl.70 NIN & lvl.70 DRK since the 2nd one levels quicker if the first one is higher and there's only enough story MSQ xp for one job and alternating will fuck me.

But I don't even know how to play this lvl.70 DRK. They changed like everything about the job jeez. Gonna have to spend 15 mins just re-reading all the attack descriptions and making a new crossbar.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1678 on: June 28, 2019, 11:09:30 PM »
Got up to the pixies , about to hit 73 but going kinda slow. Guy next to me dinged 76 which is pretty wild. Loving the Xpac, much better than StB so far.

Haven't looked at anything but MSQ. Hopefully servers stronk tomorrow as well.

Bebpo

« Reply #1679 on: June 29, 2019, 03:17:54 AM »
I dunno how people are getting so far, so fast! I played another 4 hours today so maybe 6ish hours in and I've only cleared one of the two starting MSQs and a little bit into the other. I just hit lvl.71 with my DRK. Haven't got to a dungeon yet, feels like it's taking foreeeeever to get past this intro and to the first dungeon.

I got the hang of Shadowbringers DRK and it's interesting. They basically turned DRK into a NIN with the Darkside meter being its Hutton gauge. Feels pretty good and Delerium being 12 seconds of free cast Bloodspillers or Quietus is a really nice damage burst for single target or AoE.

however

I went looking for my lvl.70 job quest for DRK to start and couldn't find it and looked it up and it seems like THEY GOT RID OF THE JOB QUESTS WHAT THE FUCK THAT IS HALF THE REASON I PLAY MULTIPLE JOBS JFC. I see that there's some generic ass role quests and ONE whopping job quest at 80. That's incredibly disappointing. The only reason I picked up DRK was because people said the job questline was really good and the 40-50 and 60-70 storylines were pretty good! Look, I get that it takes the team a lot of work to make 4-5 job quests for each job and tell a mini-story for each, but that's their freaking job and what they are being paid to do. Shit, even crafters/gatherers look like they've lost their storylines and those were some of my favorite parts of the jobs were the stories each job would tell.

Honestly, this almost makes me want to bail on the game if this is the direction going forward and they're just done with telling individual mini-stories for every job. While I like the MSQ and raids and stuff for storylines, the game is about a veriety of stories and cutting all these storylines is bullshit. It was one of the things I look to the most for each new expansion is the new job storylines for each. Very unhappy with this change.