Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2083201 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #15000 on: April 11, 2018, 12:11:49 AM »

That song was the best part of the movie.

If Legends of Tomorrow can avoid a giant, mechanical spider, they'll be ahead of the game.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15001 on: April 11, 2018, 12:35:51 AM »
It has a giant something else :lol You should watch the ep, Legends go full camp and it's super hilarious

Snoopycat_

« Reply #15002 on: April 11, 2018, 06:18:03 AM »
I been watching the new BBC nature doc Big cats about the house. It's basically an hour of awwwwwwwwwww

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15003 on: April 11, 2018, 11:33:40 AM »
:9

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15005 on: April 12, 2018, 07:50:13 PM »
WTF

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #15006 on: April 12, 2018, 08:39:36 PM »
DC stays losing

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15007 on: April 13, 2018, 01:48:44 AM »

so who's watching? impressions please

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #15008 on: April 13, 2018, 09:26:55 AM »
I watched the first two episodes. It's fine if you come into it with modest expectations for what it is. It mostly looks really nice. I'm not really a fan of the design of the robot but that's personal taste.

It hit all the expected beats. It's less goofy and fun than the original show and feels modern in its take on the gravitas of the world but its within reason.

It seems "fine". I saw nothing to make me not watch anymore and finish the season but then I was a big fan of the original show and that reboot movie which I know some people didn't care for. I'll probably do an episode a night.

It's a family adventure show that uses sci-fi as a backdrop. So its going to have family shenanigans. If that's a turn off, you should probably pass. Not that it bothers me in Lost in Space.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15009 on: April 14, 2018, 06:25:21 AM »
Ep 1 was boring as fuck, dunno why they would waste an hour on that scenario. On to ep 2 i guess.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #15010 on: April 14, 2018, 07:55:29 AM »
Watched 3 episodes, it's consistently decent. No heavy scifi elements aside from the robot which kind of sucks, no highs and not many lows either. It looks like a series developed by Disney which is not a compliment. It better pick up the pace soon because it's getting boring.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 11:22:31 AM by Optimus »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15011 on: April 14, 2018, 12:14:28 PM »
I ended up watching 8 eps and i found it all terribly boring, by ep 4 I had it on as side entertainment while playing video games

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15012 on: April 14, 2018, 01:40:05 PM »

Caught the first episode. Really digging it. Only kind of watched Superjail but I always dug how insane it could be.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #15013 on: April 15, 2018, 10:49:40 AM »
So regarding Lost in Space. Has anyone watched Terra Nova? It keeps reminding me of it more and more. The boring family drama, the slooooooooooooow moving main story, the asshole character in the group that does everything because she's bad. I expected more from Parker Posey's character btw, she's just annoying and obnoxious in this. I keep watching because I want to learn more about the robot but this isn't a good show. I'm at the 6th episode now and it's boring me to death.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15014 on: April 15, 2018, 10:57:35 AM »
I watched Terra Nova, and I see the similarities, but Terra Nova was better than this (or maybe i was just younger and willing to put up with more shit)

etiolate

« Reply #15015 on: April 15, 2018, 02:24:00 PM »
I am trying to rewatch DS9 because I never liked it during its first run. The lack of exploration was a main problem, since Trek is a show of exploration and discovery. The first episode two-parter is still strong, but the other main problem still exists for me. Kira is absolute shit as a character. She's some form of mary sue that does bad things and never really faces the punishment for them. They essentially wrote a character without accountability and the lack of repercussion makes every character she interacts with come off as weaker than they should be.  Quark is still good. Cardassian characters are still good. There's some interesting plotting, but as soon as Kira gets near anything it goes south for me.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #15016 on: April 17, 2018, 03:36:05 PM »
Billions is pretty meh this season. Last episode had a scene where the investment firm was watching Elon Musk test out his latest space launch; the rocket gets challengered with him in it so everyone in the firm celebrates because they've been shorting his companies. Afterwards, the head of the investment firm is sad because they believed in Elon Musk's vision so they decide to buy a 300k watch to remember him by.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #15017 on: April 17, 2018, 04:25:18 PM »
So regarding Lost in Space. Has anyone watched Terra Nova? It keeps reminding me of it more and more. The boring family drama, the slooooooooooooow moving main story, the asshole character in the group that does everything because she's bad. I expected more from Parker Posey's character btw, she's just annoying and obnoxious in this. I keep watching because I want to learn more about the robot but this isn't a good show. I'm at the 6th episode now and it's boring me to death.
Started this, and I'm annoyed because it's so similar to The 100. Not much but yet a lot.. I had to stop watching The 100 because it got boring as fuck, and I think this TV show will do just the same. Sci-Fi is one of my favorite genre, but I realize I prefer it as movies because then the beauty of it won't get lost in repetitiveness and boredom.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:33:07 AM by Valkyrie »

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #15018 on: April 17, 2018, 05:34:45 PM »
Im watching repeats of Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction starring Jonathan Frakes on Amazon Prime and yeah this is a low point.
serge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15019 on: April 18, 2018, 12:55:05 AM »
‘Lost in Space’ Team Teases that a Second Season Would Be ‘Wild’ and Avoid The Bad Movie Remake’s Biggest Problem

Not greenlit yet, but can these fucks at least wait a couple of months and then address the complaints people have, I could be teased back but not if it's just a continuation of the tone of season snore.

etiolate

« Reply #15020 on: April 19, 2018, 07:20:33 PM »
Watching 3rd season of Expanse and it's maintaining quality so far.  The zero gravity scene with the botanist and Amos was pretty good.

Watched first two episodes of season 2 of Legion and the pace is extremely slow right now. It feels like an excuse for the visual design set pieces rather than a show with direction right now. Needs a kick in the plot.

I have given up on Deep Space 9 rewatch. It still has all the same problems. Kira sucks. Sisko has everyone walk over him. Acting is mostly awful. Only Quark saves episodes. The directing gets better in season 2 but it can't get past the fact that you actively hate Kira and most of the Bajoran shit.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #15021 on: April 20, 2018, 09:13:21 AM »
I watched the first 2 episodes of the new walking dead season. I don't think I can watch anymore. It was 2 hours of people shooting at each other and not dying because they'd taped corrugated iron to their cars.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #15022 on: April 20, 2018, 11:29:33 PM »

TVC15

« Reply #15023 on: April 20, 2018, 11:52:41 PM »
I watched the first 2 episodes of the new walking dead season. I don't think I can watch anymore. It was 2 hours of people shooting at each other and not dying because they'd taped corrugated iron to their cars.

Is that Ted Danson in your avatar?
serge

Snoopycat_

« Reply #15024 on: April 21, 2018, 05:20:05 AM »
Is that Ted Danson in your avatar?

No, that's his brother Bob Marley

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15025 on: April 21, 2018, 05:41:33 AM »
Started this, and I'm annoyed because it's so similar to The 100. Not much but yet a lot.. I had to stop watching The 100 because it got boring as fuck, and I think this TV show will do just the same. Sci-Fi is one of my favorite genre, but I realize I prefer it as movies because then the beauty of it won't get lost in repetitiveness and boredom.

Lost in Space doesn't have sexy bathing or lesbian stuff like The 100 either. In one episode of Lost in Space this girl invites this guy she likes to swim in a waterfall, and you think "bikini scene incoming", but then they get there and the waterfall is dried up and they don't end up taking their clothes off. In fact that scene might be a perfect metaphor for how I felt about the show.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15026 on: April 21, 2018, 10:06:24 PM »
That scene where Valentina catches on fire in The Sopranos. Its pitch perfect. Whoever wrote the scene nailed the almost sense of insanity you feel from having to hear your SO shrieking in a fight just deep upnyour ass, the momentary catharsis of her catching on fire as a juvinile sense of the universe shutting them down, then feeling like a total piece of shit for laughing like a sociopath at this woman getting horribly burned.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #15027 on: April 22, 2018, 12:41:56 PM »
Never seen it, but that sounds like that scene in the Leftovers when Nora leaves Kevin in the hotel room and it's on fire.
每天生气

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15028 on: April 22, 2018, 12:47:43 PM »
Never seen it, but that sounds like that scene in the The Guard when Brendan Gleeson leaves Liam Cunningham in the boat bedroom and it's on fire.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15029 on: April 22, 2018, 11:08:25 PM »
Westworld my dudes.
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15030 on: April 22, 2018, 11:39:22 PM »
 ::) :trash

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15031 on: April 23, 2018, 12:05:50 AM »
I barely remember what happened in the last two eps of the expanse  :doge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15032 on: April 23, 2018, 12:08:13 AM »
I barely remember what happened in the last two eps of the expanse  :doge
They literally followed only two plot threads the last two eps :doge

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15034 on: April 25, 2018, 02:20:37 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/groovybruce/posts/2044349882484555

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/bruce-campbell-ash-evil-dead-cancelled-1201956348/

:'(

I liked the show well enough but it never honestly was as good as I hoped it would be or had the potential to be. It was fun to have an actual real gory horror style show on TV when the rest of the genre is filled with Supernatural or worse lite style shows. 

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #15035 on: April 25, 2018, 02:52:50 PM »
Aww I like Ashy Slashy

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15036 on: April 26, 2018, 10:03:28 PM »
Tfw you realize you're AJ in the Sopranos

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #15037 on: April 28, 2018, 10:57:45 PM »
JUST started watching BANSHEE, as it's finally come to Japan's Amazon Prime streaming service.

I REALLY LIKE IT. It's pulpy and unrealistic, and there is NO REASON the protagonists and Big Bads shouldn't just kill each other several times in the first four episodes, so I assume their world is running under RDL's RPG Drama System… Why kill your opponent when you can get them to cede drama points your way?

I see there are four seasons available to me. When does it fall apart?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #15038 on: April 28, 2018, 11:09:51 PM »
JUST started watching BANSHEE, as it's finally come to Japan's Amazon Prime streaming service.

I REALLY LIKE IT. It's pulpy and unrealistic, and there is NO REASON the protagonists and Big Bads shouldn't just kill each other several times in the first four episodes, so I assume their world is running under RDL's RPG Drama System… Why kill your opponent when you can get them to cede drama points your way?

First 3 are GREAT, really good shit.

Fourth is bad to forgettable to bad again. Still super well shot and directed but basically none of the story works. Its shorter and I think they change location where they shot it as well which makes me think it was some sort of "yeah you guys are done and everyone thought you were done but theres some money still left and we need content so give us 6 eps thanks." Elzhi Dushku is in it....yeah. 

Basically treat it like some weird non-canon one shot story/sequel by a new team or something

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #15039 on: April 28, 2018, 11:37:53 PM »

First 3 are GREAT, really good shit.

Fourth is bad to forgettable to bad again. Still super well shot and directed but basically none of the story works. Its shorter and I think they change location where they shot it as well which makes me think it was some sort of "yeah you guys are done and everyone thought you were done but theres some money still left and we need content so give us 6 eps thanks." Elzhi Dushku is in it....yeah. 

Basically treat it like some weird non-canon one shot story/sequel by a new team or something

I think I'll just watch through s3 and then make up headcanon for s4.

:-*

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15040 on: April 29, 2018, 02:25:14 AM »
Season 3 :lawd

Snoopycat_

« Reply #15041 on: April 29, 2018, 08:38:26 PM »
I finish the last season of Walking Dead. At the end of every episode I thought man that was shit. Apart from
spoiler (click to show/hide)
when Carl died and Daryl was like, oh well see ya guy
[close]

Cryo

« Reply #15042 on: April 29, 2018, 10:52:35 PM »
Read all the Expanse books prior to S3 starting and it's actually increased my enjoyment of the show. Dramatization of moments in the plot aside, I feel like a lot of the characterizations of protagonists and antagonists in the adaptation increase the facets of the different sides and factions (in particular, Mao and Naomi prior to book 5). Also can't help but feel that the lighting, set design and general cinematography is much better thus far in S3. Cannot wait for all the shit going down at the end of this season, btw 8)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15043 on: April 29, 2018, 10:54:21 PM »
people still watch walking dead?  :snob

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #15044 on: April 29, 2018, 11:39:37 PM »
I finish the last season of Walking Dead. At the end of every episode I thought man that was shit. Apart from
when Carl died and Daryl was like, oh well see ya guy
[close]

Yeah, the season finale was a wet fart since it was trying to copy the comic scene but did it badly (since it didn't set up Rick at all). Carl's death is basically pointless.

Fear's is even worse: The actor wanted off the show, but they wrote a death so badly that I'm glad I haven't watched that since like season 2.

TVC15

« Reply #15045 on: April 30, 2018, 01:21:30 AM »
I watched the first ep of Westwhirl season 2 and I don't think it's going to keep me along this year. The story telling device worked in the first season because most people didn't really realize it was a device at all until near the end and a big twist. Starting season 2 with the same device but you know what it is felt more annoying than interesting, plus that ep was mostly pretty boring.

I watched the first ep of S2 and realized I remember nothing from the first season aside from the big moments and I have no idea what’s going on.  I’m going to have to either rewatch season 1 or drop this. And it’s not being so easy to motivate myself to rewatch s1. The show is so dense and cold that a rewatch sounds tiresome.
serge

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15046 on: April 30, 2018, 08:31:26 AM »
Watched two things recently.

First Season of Westworld and 4th season of 90 day Fiance

As far as Westworld. I read no reviews and no impressions which is my usual modus operandi nowadays so I have no clue if its hip to hate on the show or love it. I thought it was an entertaining first season. It basically felt like a mix of Assassin's Creed, GroundHog day, The Matrix, and Lost all thrown into a blender. Anthony Hopkins easily kills it every scene he is in but nearly every one is good in it. It's not quite as smart as it thinks it is, and has a tendency to lean into the sex and violence elements too much just to be flashy but overall I liked it. I'll give Season 2 a watch. As with most shows nowadays, it feels like it will be hard to stretch this premise over many seasons but in the here and now I thought the first season was fine.

On to 90 Day Fiance. I don't watch reality TV. Any of it. I fully admit I'm a snob on that account and secretly lift my nose at people who do. A friend wanted to watch this, so I went along for the ride. It was just as trashy, and bullshit as all reality TV but I admit I got hooked on this particular season to see it fully through. There is an inescapable element to this show (and probably all reality tv) in that no matter how much of a fuck up you are, you can escape for 30 minutes and feel better about yourself and your decision making compared to the people on this show. The stars were a couple named Anfisa and Jorge and they are perfect material for this stuff. So perfect, I have a feeling they are fake and this is publicity stuff phoniness but I won't bother to pull that particular loose thread. It was a fun watch and while I doubt I'll ever watch anymore of the show, I would be lying if I said I hadn't enjoyed it, and spent an obscene amount of time yelling at the characters on TV as the show was on.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #15047 on: April 30, 2018, 09:45:38 PM »
I watched the first ep of Westwhirl season 2 and I don't think it's going to keep me along this year. The story telling device worked in the first season because most people didn't really realize it was a device at all until near the end and a big twist. Starting season 2 with the same device but you know what it is felt more annoying than interesting, plus that ep was mostly pretty boring.

I watched the first ep of S2 and realized I remember nothing from the first season aside from the big moments and I have no idea what’s going on.  I’m going to have to either rewatch season 1 or drop this. And it’s not being so easy to motivate myself to rewatch s1. The show is so dense and cold that a rewatch sounds tiresome.
There’s a few pretty decent recaps on YouTube for season 1 that hit all the relevant points.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15048 on: May 01, 2018, 03:49:12 PM »
Westworld is fun, but the long chunks of bloviating dialogue drag it down. Shut the fuck up about elephants and show me some robots murdering dickhead tourists already

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15049 on: May 01, 2018, 05:18:36 PM »
Arrested Development update:

-Season 5 is coming "real soon"
-A remix of season 4 [to bring it in line with the structure of the first three seasons] is coming to Netflix on May 4
dog

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #15050 on: May 01, 2018, 08:02:31 PM »
Westworld is fun, but the long chunks of bloviating dialogue drag it down. Shut the fuck up about elephants and show me some robots murdering dickhead tourists already

Yeah but at least in those long dialogue scenes they usually put naked people in the background for you to look at
WDW

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15051 on: May 01, 2018, 10:44:34 PM »

Not enough fucking jokes for you? And all the 'twists' in the first season were pretty obvious. Shocking such a Kubrick scholar as yourself couldn't pick up on them early.

It's still a decent show, and better than most of the garbage out there.

TVC15

« Reply #15052 on: May 01, 2018, 10:47:59 PM »

Not enough fucking jokes for you? And all the 'twists' in the first season were pretty obvious. Shocking such a Kubrick scholar as yourself couldn't pick up on them early.

It's still a decent show, and better than most of the garbage out there.

Brah it bad
serge

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15053 on: May 01, 2018, 10:49:03 PM »

Yeah but at least in those long dialogue scenes they usually put naked people in the background for you to look at

Yeah but in this season they're all dead now, I can't TVC to this

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #15054 on: May 03, 2018, 11:27:59 AM »
Cobra Kai

yfw Daniel is the Chad and Johnny is the loser.

This show just backs up the conspiracy theories out there that Daniel was the Villain all along.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:11:13 PM by D3RANG3D »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15055 on: May 03, 2018, 12:07:59 PM »
Cobra Kai

I wish this wasn't on Youtube Red, ain't nobody want that shit. :yuck
©@©™

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #15056 on: May 03, 2018, 12:09:57 PM »
Cobra Kai

I wish this wasn't on Youtube Red, ain't nobody want that shit. :yuck

Hopefully ytred goes the way of Anime Strike.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

TVC15

« Reply #15058 on: May 03, 2018, 08:10:48 PM »
HOLY SHIT ITS SNATCH GAME TODAY ON DRAG RACE
serge

TVC15

serge