Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2082646 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #3240 on: October 20, 2011, 04:22:40 PM »
Julia Stiles is black man kryptonite, smh Beezy

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3241 on: October 20, 2011, 04:26:01 PM »
I for one, am sick and tired of people deducing what is black and what isn't and how hey should act and how they shouldn't, and what their interests should be and what they shouldn't be especially when their exposure to black folks is very slim at best, as if one people are one entity. Beezy's life story. It always comes off as thinly veiled racism to me, even if used jokingly.

Stoney has his thing, Himuro has his thing, Phoenix has thing, and Methodis has his thing.

So the next time Blue Tsunami makes a post about Euro vocal house music I'm going to make fun of him for not listening reggaeton since he's Puerto Rican and that he's not really hispanic. And I'm going to drill this into his head every time he posts something that goes against the hispanic status quo. Because you know, that's funny as shit and not obnoxious, right? But you see, notice how people only make these observations about black people as if they have certain expectations. And they'll try to convince you they're not racist.

I have to see this shit as it is in real life, please stop bringing up blackness into online conversations on a nerd message board that stands as one of few institutions where Beezy can feel comfortable "nerding out".

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #3242 on: October 20, 2011, 04:31:39 PM »
Beezy is just a black man with taste.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wait, this is more racist, right?
[close]
AMC

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3243 on: October 20, 2011, 04:32:41 PM »
I for one, am sick and tired of people deducing what is black and what isn't and how hey should act and how they shouldn't, and what their interests should be and what they shouldn't be especially when their exposure to black folks is very slim at best, as if one people are one entity. Beezy's life story. It always comes off as thinly veiled racism to me, even if used jokingly.

Stoney has his thing, Himuro has his thing, Phoenix has thing, and Methodis has his thing.

So the next time Blue Tsunami makes a post about Euro vocal house music I'm going to make fun of him for not listening reggaeton since he's Puerto Rican and that he's not really hispanic. And I'm going to drill this into his head every time he posts something that goes against the hispanic status quo. Because you know, that's funny as shit and not obnoxious, right? But you see, notice how people only make these observations about black people as if they have certain expectations. And they'll try to convince you they're not racist.

I have to see this shit as it is in real life, please stop bringing up blackness into online conversations on a nerd message board that stands as one of few institutions where Beezy can feel comfortable "nerding out".

Sounds like your mad Stiles would never dance with you

Beezy

« Reply #3244 on: October 20, 2011, 04:35:17 PM »
 :lol

I don't care. Season 5 was the worst. Her acting and annoying pouty face didn't help at all.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3245 on: October 20, 2011, 04:35:34 PM »

Sounds like your mad Stiles would never dance with you
Nicca please.  That movie was turrible.  

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3246 on: October 20, 2011, 04:39:37 PM »
Save The Last Dance is a great movie. My entire point about Stiles is that yes she's plain...but I find her so weirdly attractive I feel almost ashamed. I want to be her best friend

anyway carry on talking about whatever shows you guys like

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3247 on: October 20, 2011, 04:40:31 PM »
ewwww

that movie horrible.  I hate it so much.  I think she's good looking but jesus she's a horrible actress

and you know that huge post was a Himuro post, right?
[close]

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3248 on: October 20, 2011, 04:45:15 PM »
ewwww

that movie horrible.  I hate it so much.  I think she's good looking but jesus she's a horrible actress

and you know that huge post was a Himuro post, right?
[close]

I thought you were pissed lol

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #3249 on: October 20, 2011, 05:52:20 PM »
Those diabeetus commercials where Julia Stiles is tryna' be all honkey understands BB King is awful
:9

OptimoPeach

« Reply #3250 on: October 20, 2011, 06:56:34 PM »
Dexter has been pretty predictable. Embarrassingly clumsy handling of religious overtones? Check. Horrendous writing? Check. Heaping serving of boring served up by the supporting characters? Check.

I'd drop it for good if I had anything better to do on Sunday nights. I honestly can't even say it's better than last season, and I'm one who loathed Lumen/Stiles.
hi5

Beezy

« Reply #3251 on: October 20, 2011, 08:06:50 PM »
Julia Stiles can't act worth a shit, let's just get that out there right now.

She can't, but I want to fuck her. There's many women in this world I would fuck for no other reason than wanting to fuck them. I don't think Andie MacDowell is hot, but I wanna fuck the shit out of her.

Well great if I got the chance I'd fuck her too doesn't mean I want to watch her terrible acting
Agreed

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #3252 on: October 20, 2011, 08:51:52 PM »

hot fiyah :bow

(but too long for our distinguished black fellows to read, smh)
vjj

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #3253 on: October 20, 2011, 09:55:24 PM »
Dexter has been pretty predictable. Embarrassingly clumsy handling of religious overtones? Check. Horrendous writing? Check. Heaping serving of boring served up by the supporting characters? Check.

I'd drop it for good if I had anything better to do on Sunday nights. I honestly can't even say it's better than last season, and I'm one who loathed Lumen/Stiles.

I hope you watch Homeland.
AMC

etiolate

« Reply #3254 on: October 20, 2011, 10:01:33 PM »
Stiles was awesome in Ten Things I Hate About You. I thought she was pretty good in Dexter and Bourne as well. She pulls off a certain type of character well. It's sort of the independent girl she's been typecast into, but she sells the fact that there's thoughts going on inside her character's head. Others just sort of look pretty and run around with fists or a weapon and ham it up.

OptimoPeach

« Reply #3255 on: October 20, 2011, 10:10:41 PM »

Oh yeah, I like Homeland a lot so far. The only concern I have which I've also seen others mention is where they go after the big question is answered. Then again, that was all pretty scaled back last Sunday and it was still a solid episode, so I have faith for now.

How bout that "sex" scene? That really caught me off guard
hi5

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #3256 on: October 20, 2011, 10:19:11 PM »

Oh yeah, I like Homeland a lot so far. The only concern I have which I've also seen others mention is where they go after the big question is answered. Then again, that was all pretty scaled back last Sunday and it was still a solid episode, so I have faith for now.

How bout that "sex" scene? That really caught me off guard

I already forgot about the post you made that I even quoted where you mentioned Homeland. smh at myself. I'm a bit worried about that, too. And that "sex" scene was an ungodly amount of uncomfortable, and it was perfectly shown on screen through Danes' reaction to it. Man...
AMC

Robo

« Reply #3257 on: October 23, 2011, 01:01:30 PM »
Started watching Spartacus.  This series gets A LOT better, right?  Because the first episode was fucking terrible, and the second only slightly less so.  Or should I just turn it off right now?
obo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3258 on: October 23, 2011, 01:06:29 PM »
Keep watching. The first ep is bad, second isn't much better. But trust us dude, the show gets amazing

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #3259 on: October 23, 2011, 01:07:01 PM »
Turn it off? haven't you been reading the internet this past two years?
Drunk

Robo

« Reply #3260 on: October 23, 2011, 02:03:52 PM »
I have.  I should probably turn the internet off too.

I'll stick it out for a few more, though.
obo

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #3261 on: October 24, 2011, 01:06:33 PM »
Well, I watched all 4 seasons of Breaking Bad since my last post. Great show, but sometimes it starts to feel a little repetitive. But I don't mind too much since it's the best show I've seen on TV in a veeeeeery long time. Can't wait to see what happens in the final season.
BiSH

Beezy

« Reply #3262 on: October 24, 2011, 02:27:40 PM »
Boardwalk Empire last night... goddamn.

Robo

« Reply #3263 on: October 24, 2011, 02:40:24 PM »
Keep watching. The first ep is bad, second isn't much better. But trust us dude, the show gets amazing

Go figure, it's already significantly better in episodes 3 and 4.  :lol  The writing and dialogue improved, the actors appeared more comfortable in their roles, the CG special effects were toned down drastically and what's left is of higher quality, with more physical effects.  Hopefully they dropped that horrible 300-esque blood spatter all together.  There was even a SUGGESTED sex scene!  (Probably a time constraint; they still filmed one, no doubt.)
obo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3264 on: October 24, 2011, 02:47:38 PM »
The ugly cgi blood splatter persists through the season unfortunately, but it's significantly better in the prequel

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #3265 on: October 24, 2011, 03:33:08 PM »
Unlike most in the thread I quite liked the first season of the walking dead. But I haven't liked the first two episodes of this season at all.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #3266 on: October 24, 2011, 03:37:54 PM »
show is garbage.

Diunx

« Reply #3267 on: October 24, 2011, 03:41:58 PM »
The first episode of this season made me give up on it.

not bothering with that shit again.
Drunk

Stoney Mason

« Reply #3268 on: October 24, 2011, 03:43:19 PM »
This season so far has felt contrived. I don't know if that's the fault of the original material (which I never read) or what they are doing but the first two episodes have felt hokey. The first season also felt like a film in the pacing of it. This season feels like a tv show. I'll still watch it. Its no skin off my nose to watch it and its not painful for me or anything. It's just been disappointing for me after enjoying last season. Maybe it will pick up. 

Himu

« Reply #3269 on: October 24, 2011, 03:45:52 PM »
Re-reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy so I decided to watch the BBC tv series. Never seen it before. It's a faithful adaptation but a wee too short for my tastes.

Wish they'd do a modern tv adaptation that does every single book.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

« Reply #3270 on: October 24, 2011, 03:48:07 PM »
Re-reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy so I decided to watch the BBC tv series. Never seen it before. It's a faithful adaptation but a wee too short for my tastes.

It's incredibly dated and there are parts of it that don't work but I love the BBC version so much more than that movie they made a numbers of years back.

I think the best way to do Hitchhiker's might be in animated form. That way you can sidestep the special effects budget and really visualize some of the stuff in an interesting manner.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3271 on: October 24, 2011, 03:50:19 PM »
The premier ep of Walking Dead was good, and last night's ep had its moments but yea...I'm not liking where this is going. In some ways it's reminding me of last season's finale: group finds untouched sanctuary, calm before storm, things go bad, all hell breaks loose.

People who have read the comic seem to be pissed the show is wasting so much time creating narratives instead of getting to the badass moments. I understand why a television show would want to slow things down and create some drama, but this "lost little girl" shit has dragged on too long, I'm not interested in any of the little spats between characters (like the chick who's pissed Dale saved her life) etc.

I'll still watch though

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3272 on: October 24, 2011, 04:08:35 PM »
I haven't seen past episode 3 of the first season but I've been reading a shitload of the comics.  The comics are slow as hell too and it's filled with spats and drama between characters. 

Himu

« Reply #3273 on: October 24, 2011, 05:11:51 PM »

It's incredibly dated and there are parts of it that don't work but I love the BBC version so much more than that movie they made a numbers of years back.

I think the best way to do Hitchhiker's might be in animated form. That way you can sidestep the special effects budget and really visualize some of the stuff in an interesting manner.

Yeah I didn't like the movie much myself.
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3274 on: October 24, 2011, 07:37:40 PM »
So did AMC let Breaking Bad drop the f-bomb or was it just censored?
nat

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3275 on: October 24, 2011, 07:49:23 PM »
Censored

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #3276 on: October 24, 2011, 08:12:26 PM »
Are they uncensored on the DVDs? Not that it's a big deal either way - show's never been hampered by lack of f-bombs, just curious
___

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3277 on: October 24, 2011, 08:21:43 PM »
its not censored on netflix
nat

Enl

« Reply #3278 on: October 24, 2011, 08:45:36 PM »
Are they uncensored on the DVDs? Not that it's a big deal either way - show's never been hampered by lack of f-bombs, just curious

Yeah it's uncensored on DVD. Nudity, swearing, blood n' guts, and all that good stuff.
mmm

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3279 on: October 24, 2011, 09:19:25 PM »
the chick who lives next door to Jessie is SO HOT.
nat

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3280 on: October 24, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »
mmmmmm hmmmmmm :bow

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #3281 on: October 25, 2011, 12:41:16 AM »
Caught up on The League and its still as good as ever

One bit involved a porn being shot in Andre's place and the director (Seth Rogen) directed a film called Shitler's List in black and white which garnered criticism but the cum was so white and cocks so black that it worked.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:42:51 AM by BlueTsunami »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3282 on: October 25, 2011, 12:45:11 AM »
What the fuck  :lol :lol :lol

please tell me that's on youtube. I'm trying to figure out how that could be described on FX without graphic language lol

« Reply #3283 on: October 25, 2011, 12:47:52 AM »

please tell me that's on youtube. I'm trying to figure out how that could be described on FX without graphic language lol

Um, they can say almost anything they want on FX... aside from fuck, but they film that stuff for the Blu-ray/DVD release. The season two set has lots of titties and f-bombs inserted back into the Vegas premiere.
野球

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #3284 on: October 25, 2011, 12:51:17 AM »

There's a promo with Rogan on YT, I think but it doesn't feature that moment... but here's the exact exchange in text (fired up the vid just now)...

Ruxen: Did you guys make Shitler's List?

Dirty Randy (Rogan): Oh wow, you've seen it? At the time it was a real controversial choice to make it in Black and White but, you know, the cum was so white and the cocks we were using were so black that it really just complimented each other, its pretty unbelievable.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3285 on: October 25, 2011, 12:53:34 AM »
Come to think of it, I do remember being kinda shocked at some of the stuff Nip/Tuck could do on FX. And of course The Shield

[youtube=560,345]A2z5pnj8zM8[/youtube]

« Reply #3286 on: October 25, 2011, 12:54:50 AM »
Don't you remember the two homeless dudes fucking on Sunny a couple weeks ago?

Probably NSFW
野球

Diunx

« Reply #3287 on: October 25, 2011, 02:06:18 AM »
Boardwalk Empire last night... goddamn.

The season has been pretty fucking amazing so far, dat maid :drool
Drunk

Himu

« Reply #3288 on: October 25, 2011, 02:29:38 AM »
Hitchhiker's tv has a lot of great moments. It's great actually hearing/seeing these things acted out. :lol

[youtube=560,345]MFg6Y7zbRg4[/youtube]
[youtube=560,345]p5mWQFGF7w8[/youtube]

:rofl
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3289 on: October 25, 2011, 05:41:46 AM »

Um, they can say almost anything they want on FX... aside from fuck, but they film that stuff for the Blu-ray/DVD release. The season two set has lots of titties and f-bombs inserted back into the Vegas premiere.

i'm pretty sure they can say fuck. they just don't because of advertisers and stuff.
nat

« Reply #3290 on: October 26, 2011, 03:53:38 AM »
i was watching an episode of the new Underbelly: Razor because my friend is in it but have just quit because it's terrible!
just a disgusting presentation. they use that really overdone washed out look for the whole thing, lots of really shaky, heavily angled shots, speed ramping tracking shots into close ups on characters that freeze frame and then have the character name superimposed over them. i know it's australian but i'm sure the other Underbelly seasons had better production values. smh.
thx

ZephyrFate

« Reply #3291 on: October 27, 2011, 02:40:05 AM »
Happy Endings is the funniest sitcom you're not watching. I'm gonna even go so far as to say it's the funniest sitcom on right now, and it's firing on every cylinder.

cool breeze

« Reply #3292 on: October 27, 2011, 03:24:34 AM »
It's probably number 2 behind Parks and Rec for me.  Then again, I only really watch Parks and Rec, Happy Endings, and Community.  Oh, and New Girl, whenever that comes back.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #3293 on: October 27, 2011, 09:13:04 AM »
Happy Endings is the funniest sitcom you're not watching. I'm gonna even go so far as to say it's the funniest sitcom on right now, and it's firing on every cylinder.

happy endings is fan-fucking-tastic.
Tonya

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3294 on: October 27, 2011, 09:43:40 AM »
I finished The Walking Dead Season 1 over the last 2 days (easy to do obviously) and I don't get the hate.  Outside of the vatos, it's pretty consistent to me.  Maybe I had to wait week to week to see it I'd be pissed but it was pretty damn awesome IMO.  The pacing reminds me of Lost and stfu haters, that's a good thing.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #3295 on: October 27, 2011, 02:04:48 PM »
I finished The Walking Dead Season 1 over the last 2 days (easy to do obviously) and I don't get the hate.  Outside of the vatos, it's pretty consistent to me.  Maybe I had to wait week to week to see it I'd be pissed but it was pretty damn awesome IMO.  The pacing reminds me of Lost and stfu haters, that's a good thing.

obligatory lol
AMC

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3296 on: October 27, 2011, 02:05:45 PM »
Shut it, Cajole!

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3297 on: October 27, 2011, 02:06:49 PM »
But really.  I don't get the complaints from the comic fans either (as far as pacing is concerned).  The comics are slow as shit too.  Most issues only show zombies briefly.  It's mostly character interaction.

Diunx

« Reply #3298 on: October 27, 2011, 02:25:01 PM »
The characters in the comics are better than the horrible characters on the show.

American Horror Story continues to be awesome.
Drunk

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3299 on: October 28, 2011, 08:52:47 AM »
Parks is incredible.  :rofl :bow2
The characters in the comics are better than the horrible characters on the show.
This is where I agree. I really don't care about any of these people like I did their comic counterparts.

But mostly, I want the show to get to the prison and spend time there. That's where the comic truly established itself. The shit that happened there was basically what defined the series for me.