Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 917818 times)

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #2040 on: March 28, 2016, 10:34:19 PM »
I use to nair my ass.  Back when I had two assholes.  True story.

This should be on the newsfeed
🍆🍆

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #2041 on: March 28, 2016, 11:01:59 PM »
Weighing in at an all-time low over here. I look amazing naked and those gaunt cheekbones are lit.  :lawd

So you don't get drunk/hangover munchies?

Drinking kills my appetite for some reason. And when I'm hungover all I want to ingest is caffeine. I'll probably drop dead someday soon but at least I'll look good doing it.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #2042 on: March 28, 2016, 11:30:39 PM »
Saw a really obnoxious man trying to get a dogs attention today as it walked (then had to be pulled) by its owner who was trying to ignore the man.  I didn't say anything and I'm still pissed with myself. 

If I was a real man like Am or Drinky, I would have gotten the man to stop, or be hit in the head with a crowbar.

This guy?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2043 on: March 29, 2016, 06:22:37 PM »
For the second time in 2 months, I got a text from a stranger thinking I'm a prostitute. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2044 on: March 29, 2016, 09:23:26 PM »
Decided to upgrade my macs OS.  2.5 fucking hours that I had to babysit it so its ready for work tomorrow morning.  FUCK THIS SHIT.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2045 on: March 29, 2016, 09:37:57 PM »
Now Mail doesn't work. 

I'm going to rape Steve Jobs corpus and send the video to his widow. 

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2046 on: March 30, 2016, 12:36:44 AM »
But how will you do that if mail doesn't work? :doge
que

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2047 on: March 30, 2016, 12:37:55 AM »
Because it has a dialog screen the pops up that says Updating Libraries or someshit that never goes away.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2048 on: March 30, 2016, 12:40:33 AM »
Also Chinese and Japanese girls never accept my super likes on tinder.  This world is rotten. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2049 on: March 30, 2016, 12:41:27 AM »
For the second time in 2 months, I got a text from a stranger thinking I'm a prostitute.

So the old saying isn't true? Opportunity does knock twice.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's a backdoor knock.
:tauntaun
[close]
[close]

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2050 on: March 30, 2016, 12:46:47 AM »
"I know really good man whore. He super gay. Here's his number."
-Sushi Girl
[close]

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2051 on: March 30, 2016, 12:51:41 AM »
Also Chinese and Japanese girls never accept my super likes on tinder.  This world is rotten.
*knowing that feel* :fbm

Well, one time I did have a very attractive Thai girl hug me once when I was drunk at a party. But that's it. :(

Tasty

« Reply #2052 on: March 30, 2016, 01:17:38 AM »
"I know really good man whore. He super gay. Here's his number."
-Sushi Girl
[close]

PM plz

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2053 on: March 30, 2016, 07:50:19 AM »
Got my yearly review for work yesterday.  Fucking nailed it. 

Too bad raises are frozen for the 2nd year in a row. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2054 on: March 31, 2016, 02:20:58 PM »
Decided to go to pop eyes for the first time in my life.  I was wondering around china town looking to for a place to eat, saw a fit good looking black dude go into pop eyes and said to myself 'well if he can eat there it cant be so bad'.  Everyone that came in after was fat.  Also took 15 mins to make a sandwich.

Also coming back some dude runs to catch the elevator, I hold the door even though it was half closes, and he hits the button for the next floor.  Bitch if your going to run just take the stairs 3 meters away. 

This has been my life today.   

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #2055 on: March 31, 2016, 06:08:59 PM »
I really have to hold my tongue when someone gets in a packed elevated only to choose the next floor up 
dur

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2056 on: March 31, 2016, 06:19:26 PM »
Dude wasn't even popeyes fat. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2057 on: March 31, 2016, 07:08:52 PM »
Ya that's bring-a-gun-to-work inducing behavior.  Clearly they all should be dead.     

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #2058 on: March 31, 2016, 09:38:06 PM »
Buying groceries, and the old lady in front of me was arguing that some baby monitors she had purchased were scanning $5 more expensive than the sign on the shelf. I had already placed all my items on the conveyor belt and there were people behind me so I was trapped. First a supervisor had to come over to make sure the item was scanning correctly (it was) then they sent someone to go check on the sign. He returned with a different brand of baby monitors at the price she had thought they were, and let her know she had been looking at the wrong shelf.
WDW

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2059 on: April 01, 2016, 02:16:28 AM »
A colleague pretty much quit yesterday. I was not super close to him but he was a nice guy regardless. He asked for a raise after 5 years of working here, arguing it was not normal he was paid the same as the people he has trained (and without a raise since he started). He obviously didn't get it and didn't like either what response he was getting.

When there was plenty of work (including nights) the shitty daily rate was sweetened quite a deal for everyone but now that the activity is sluggish if not stopped for some, the executives aren't giving lots of clear perspective and our dept. heads are not showing a lot of love, all the problems of the terrible wage structure (or total lack thereof) are bubbling to the surface along with whatever professional bitterness was stockpiled.

Not very promising for expecting any raise there.
ὕβρις

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2060 on: April 01, 2016, 01:20:46 PM »
woke up sick today and losing my voice. Have a presentation in an hour. It's going to suck. At least it's remote so I can do it in my jammies.
que

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #2061 on: April 02, 2016, 02:23:56 AM »
One of the supervisors at work has tourettes so you'll hear a meeeeeeep or two when he's nearby. Everybody just ignores it, but what fucked with me were his catchphrases that I didn't know about.

He faked me out a few times with this one, a confrontational "you talkin to me?!" I'll hear it, stop what I'm doing and look in his direction like :confusedtravolta.

Happened a few times before I became conditioned to ignore it. He also loves talking about kicking ass; he'll tell people how many asses he's kicked that day and then threaten to kick their ass too :american

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2062 on: April 02, 2016, 05:05:40 AM »
Amazon's PS4 and PS3 video streaming app uses a proprietary and utterly shitty keyboard for registering and password entry. For some reason they also coded the PS3 BT remote's "ENTER" button as "BACK," which ended up backing me out of the dialog entirely, three times, because REASONS.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2063 on: April 02, 2016, 11:49:16 AM »
damn I tried to flip pancakes with a cast-iron pan... it didn't go so well :heh I forgot I usually flip that shit with a large spatula instead of moving the pan
You're a braver man than I
:whew

That shit looks so cool but I know I'd fuck it up.

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #2064 on: April 02, 2016, 12:55:04 PM »
I always flip with the pan. I learned it ages ago. Now that I think about it, it should be possible to practice with dry materials if you don't know how, but I never bothered with that.

But it's probably impossible with a cast-iron pan because you need to make a quick jerk movement with the pan and cast-iron is way too heavy for that.
Too bad there's no one there to ever see you do it.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2065 on: April 02, 2016, 03:59:23 PM »
in the past 2 months, one of my nephews and two of my nieces have gotten engaged. The oldest among them is 22, the youngest is 18.  I myself got married when I was 21 but I look back at it now and think "My god, that's just insanity." Poor kids. They're gonna have a hard road ahead of them.
que

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2066 on: April 02, 2016, 07:29:19 PM »
I assume they are religious?

One thing that I will say is that my existential crisis at 19 sure did save me a lot of time, money, and heart ache. Hahaha. :success

[close]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 07:37:20 PM by Pallando »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2067 on: April 02, 2016, 08:38:00 PM »
Flying season is just starting. I've been tinkering with my helis and planes getting a list of items and spares I'll need. I went to go to my local shop today and found out they went out of business 4 days ago. It really sucks because there's not many hobby shops around but beyond that the owner was an awesome guy. Truly an earn your business type guy you don't see much. He would take the initiative and price match items for me without me asking. "Oh let me see how much it is on Amazon right now. I want you to come back." He also gave me great advice and didn't just sell me shit. You could tell he actually wanted you to enjoy the hobby. He really earned my loyalty. I never bought online.

Road construction started 7 months ago on their street and made it one way. The detour was 4 miles so their business plummeted.

I'm really surprised how bummed this has me. His website says he's selling everything and is going to try to regroup. I hope so. Most hobby shops are snobbier than your average GameStop and his shop was around for 25 years. This blows.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2068 on: April 02, 2016, 10:32:41 PM »
Amazon's PS4 and PS3 video streaming app uses a proprietary and utterly shitty keyboard for registering and password entry. For some reason they also coded the PS3 BT remote's "ENTER" button as "BACK," which ended up backing me out of the dialog entirely, three times, because REASONS.
UPDATE: Of course this keyboard is used throughout the app, so using "ENTER" on the search screen will back me out to the Home screen. Fucking fantastic. GREAT JON, AMAZONG.

I always flip with the pan. I learned it ages ago. Now that I think about it, it should be possible to practice with dry materials if you don't know how, but I never bothered with that.

But it's probably impossible with a cast-iron pan because you need to make a quick jerk movement with the pan and cast-iron is way too heavy for that.
Too bad there's no one there to ever see you do it.
Seeking praise and approval from others is one of the great causes of unhappiness in life.

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #2069 on: April 02, 2016, 11:59:50 PM »
I was just trying to be mean :yeshrug

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2070 on: April 03, 2016, 10:35:04 AM »
I was just trying to be mean :yeshrug
I was just supporting Dufus. And it doesn't matter what I think.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2071 on: April 03, 2016, 06:47:10 PM »
Tapatalk's "Like" button is incompatible with registering "Likes" on our actual site.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2072 on: April 03, 2016, 07:58:50 PM »
I assume they are religious?

One thing that I will say is that my existential crisis at 19 sure did save me a lot of time, money, and heart ache. Hahaha. :success

[close]
of course they are, what other reason is there for getting married so ridiculously young?
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2073 on: April 03, 2016, 10:20:17 PM »
My Nike+ Kinect Training game's save data disappeared, losing all my progress toward the 9,000 Calories Burned Achievement. Reconnecting my Nike+ account, which shows that I've got about 7500 calories burned so far, did not restore the locally saved amount. It will not hurt me to build up that amount again, but I get nervous whenever grindy games delete my fucking save files.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2074 on: April 04, 2016, 02:19:38 AM »
MOAR HI-TEK HIJINKS: Trying to do the right thing and purchase a Maya LT subscription rather than using The Internet Store. I benefited from Maya LT's 30-day trial, it's a great product, and I'm starting a new business so I want to be squeaky clean and not all Crytek slimy.

That said, Autodesk's official page is redirecting me to their Japanese site for sales, and there are two major motherfucking problems with that:
  • My company's in the USA, my bank account is in the USA, and my taxes are done in the USA; this ongoing expense needs to be associate with all that.
  • I've got the patience of a gnat's ass-hair right now for troubleshooting if this gives me the Japanese version of the software.

I'll add that Autodesk wants 30% more for the subscription at Japanese prices, too.
:larry
[close]

archnemesis

« Reply #2075 on: April 04, 2016, 02:34:36 AM »
Can't you get someone else to register it for you from the US? Maybe you should hire an assistant, or just just ask a friend and then pay him/her in beer.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2076 on: April 04, 2016, 06:34:10 AM »
Contact their sales department

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2077 on: April 05, 2016, 03:00:27 PM »
Was up til 2am chatting with a friend who's having a rough time in her marriage to her pretty boy husband.
she was like "I had this guy that I really loved. But sorting out the distance was just taking too long. Then I met my now husband, and he was really really handsome. So I left that guy and married the handsome guy. Well physical attractiveness wears off after a few years and now there's nothing left in our relationship. I secretly messaged the original guy back that I still loved him and I was sorry and he told me that he never wanted to speak to me again. Now I'm in a loveless marriage and the one guy I did love wont talk to me."

:gurl you did this to yourself. Duh.
que

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2078 on: April 05, 2016, 03:05:15 PM »
Ah the type of women I can expert to date in my late 30's. 

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2079 on: April 05, 2016, 04:08:58 PM »
Actually, her husband is still hot (hotter than her actually). It's just that once you get used to the hot and that was all there was in your interest, it doesn't matter anymore.
que

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2080 on: April 05, 2016, 04:13:15 PM »
Ronito you're too married to be having those convos at 2AM. Save that shit for single dudes looking to bone a marriage chick.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2081 on: April 05, 2016, 04:17:30 PM »
PD you are wise beyond your years. (of course, she's my wife's friend too, so the wife would've been like 'why didn't you talk to her?!')
que

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2082 on: April 05, 2016, 04:21:54 PM »
Just tell her you're trying to get the PDs of the world layed. 

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2083 on: April 05, 2016, 04:23:39 PM »
And shout outs to the dude who won't talk to her BTW. I bet she thought he'd come running to her the second she called. Stay strong fellas
:lawd

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #2084 on: April 05, 2016, 11:15:27 PM »
PD you are wise beyond your years. (of course, she's my wife's friend too, so the wife would've been like 'why didn't you talk to her?!')

Why was she talking to you instead of your wife then?  :doge
WDW

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2085 on: April 05, 2016, 11:20:03 PM »
Why was sick and sleeping. :doge
que

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2086 on: April 05, 2016, 11:28:55 PM »
you were just scouting out another threesome partner, admit it  :doge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2087 on: April 05, 2016, 11:30:53 PM »
Are you kidding? With this chick? She's crazy. But she'd be good for you though.
wife does scouting
[close]
que

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2088 on: April 06, 2016, 03:44:48 AM »
it guy came over to our sattelite office to fix things

this morning my laptop updates the bios and has been stuck on updating for 50 minutes now

dude is already gone  :lol

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2089 on: April 06, 2016, 11:33:27 AM »
Tell your wife that you'll be scouting the dudes from now on  :-*
You offering bebe? You should know, I only top.  :-*
que

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2090 on: April 06, 2016, 04:29:02 PM »
Car got a flat tire today.  >:(

This vehicle is one expensive albatross around my neck.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #2091 on: April 06, 2016, 05:02:30 PM »

Is the sidewall fine? Tire shops do free flat repair to attract future business if it just needs to be patched.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2092 on: April 06, 2016, 05:23:20 PM »
yeah, if it's a hole most tire places will fix it for cheap or even free.
que

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2093 on: April 06, 2016, 05:49:42 PM »
*phew* Yep. It was free. Thank the maker.

I'm kinda low on money at the moment so I get kinda antsy when shit happens to my car.

Cycling, bruh.

Way of the Vulvurai
Non-metropolitan America, breh.

I don't live in a compact urban area so everything that's worth traveling to is 10 to 20 miles from each other.

I would legit kill myself or actually get killed if I had to bike back and forth from work. :doge

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #2094 on: April 06, 2016, 06:02:02 PM »
I want to take my trash out to the dumpster but I hear children running up and down the hall and stairs screaming, and I don't want to interact with them.
WDW

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2095 on: April 07, 2016, 12:32:57 AM »
Can't you get someone else to register it for you from the US? Maybe you should hire an assistant, or just just ask a friend and then pay him/her in beer.
Contact their sales department
Thanks. Yeah, as a new company, we're just going to start with a new corporate account, have my US-based partner make the purchase, and then send me the link or DropBox me the installer.

Autodesk's site is a steaming pile of inconsistent horseshoe though. The US site interrupts the page-load with the redirect to the Japanese site before any navigation can happen. This behavior is not present on the seemingly identical German site, for whatever reason. The interrupt means I can't even FUCKING SEE the company's US contact phone number. :man

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2096 on: April 07, 2016, 04:43:03 AM »
Sliced my thumb open with this baby this morning  :'(

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #2097 on: April 07, 2016, 12:23:21 PM »
Let it go Jenna, it's not your # anymore.

800 #s blowing up my phone because this bish fell for student loan forgiveness scams.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2098 on: April 07, 2016, 09:45:01 PM »
This has been me all day:

[close]
[Tall Image Warning]

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2099 on: April 08, 2016, 10:13:55 AM »
Been pushing really hard to settle my recent debt situation and today I just noticed my bank account dipped below 1k for the first time in... probably 7+ years. Had a slight panic but realized that I'll be making it back slowly then with my girlfriend moving in I'll suddenly be spending a lot less in rent and utilities.

So as long as I don't make a sudden string of bad decisions this inconvenience should turn into a triumph
nat