Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 917826 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #3300 on: December 29, 2016, 02:12:36 PM »
 :lol

Say yes and pull out at the last minute due to an injury or illness.  :doge

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3301 on: December 29, 2016, 02:22:14 PM »
His friend used to hang with him, now he's too busy hanging with this girl, obviously. I understand the sentiment. I hated Diablo II for years because my friends got obsessed with it and stopped playing StarCraft Brood War with me.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #3302 on: December 29, 2016, 02:47:57 PM »
My friend is in the Air Force and was stationed in Guam until only recently. He met this girl during basic training I think. I hadn't met her until last year and I did'nt really have an opinion. My friend is one of the guys who needs to be in a relationship, no matter the quality. He is defined by his relationship and becomes really clingy. It's fine, thats him. Though I think it comes from issues from his mom(something she basically admitted to me). I mean he told me a lot about her, but honestly nothing positive. Stuff like shes controlling, he can't talk to or have any female friends because of her(actually ruined one of his female friendships back in IL), doesn't understand his humor, share any of his interests or hobbies, how he was to pay attention to her 100% when she's around, and so on. Some shallow stuff, some not. At the end of the day and a couple of years into the relationship. I couldn't tell you why they were together or what they saw in each other. Beyond the fact that both people are super co-dependent.  To the point that it seems unhealthy. They got to a point where they were about to break up, and my advice was to just do it. He's separated by an ocean and while pretty much at every instance of free time she would travel all the way from Pittsburgh to Guam(paid by him of course), really all he had to do was not answer the phone.

Big mistake, she sent a long ass facebook rant to me(and my friends mother) blaming me for sabotaging their relationship. By then I had grown to dislike her, it's only after that, that I had a long conversation with my friends mom. My friends mom admits in her struggle to survive in the US(they are immigrants) she probably was hard on my friend and he probably miss constructed that as a lack of love, which would explain why he clings to any woman he can. But basically her problem with this women is that she is crazy, she wants my friend only for herself, and has no interests in them having a separate life.  She's threatened suicide if he leaves her. Said she will live poor and destitute without his support(she is 33, he is 26). When they visited Chicago(they have to go everywhere together) she could not afford him anytime alone with his friends or his own mom. Which yes sucked for me, because I wanted to simply see my friend without her and if she was cool maybe that would be fine, but in my real life interactions with her she might as well not be there. Completely quite and subservient, only appearing alive to do cutsey girl friend stuff. When he visited Chicago recently he had a couple of days before she showed up and they were great, but there was a ticking timebomb for a fun. Once she arrived we could'nt do anything.

I mean I already realize as people get older they are going to start families and what not. I have a few friends in relationships, but they all seem healthy and it's not like they don't have time to do other things. Or their partner is actually cool.

There's some tension between my friend and me. I've made comments against her and he;s made comments about me. We laugh it off, but he recently told me shes going to move down to where he is now(which is funny because there is'nt a single place for her to get a job down there so I know the plan is he just pays for everything). His argument for her is that she is only controlling because she's far away and that makes her nervous, but if they are together then it's ok. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the holes there and till this day I have never heard him say a positive about her, not even about the sex. I don't understand. Well I do, but that is something no one will admit.

But yes we were actually talking about them getting married and how I would be the best man and how planning is going to start really soon. And I just thought to myself I really don't want to be involved in this. He's called me a douchebag before when we jockinglly talked about this, but if I do it in real life. Well it probably wont end well.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #3303 on: December 30, 2016, 04:31:54 AM »
Rax I dunno if you are the guy to give relationship advice bro

Thing i learned over the years is not to give reationship advice

Rahxephon91

« Reply #3304 on: December 30, 2016, 05:39:13 AM »
I for sure am not and I try to keep my opinion as hushed as possible. It's not like it is'nt known, but I try to avoid any conversation about her.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3305 on: December 30, 2016, 06:11:53 AM »
I guess my best friend is going to get married to his succubus girlfriend. Probably never hear from him after that. I really don't want to have to go to that wedding. Would it be a super asshole move to reject being the best man at such a thing if you really don't support it? Probably.
If he really is your best friend, then you should go if you can. You never really know why they're still together, or why neither of them will leave the other. Maybe they actually feel happy together, even if they seem to have huge issues. My best friend is dating an emotionally abusive guy, but then again, she's also like that, so they're kind of a perfect match for each other. But I would still go to their wedding if she invited me (God forbid though).

People grow up and move on. They get married. It's perfectly normal to lose contact or speak less with people when that happens, with and without a shitty spouse.

Either go to his wedding, or cut him off, imo. Or you can go first, then pretend they don't exist after. Kinda like a friendship closure.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3306 on: December 30, 2016, 11:24:18 AM »
Just drove for 15 hours straight from Tennessee back home. Last Friday I drove 16 hours straight from home to Tennessee
I'm stationed at Fort Campbell, when we gonna meet up bb?

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3307 on: December 30, 2016, 11:38:01 AM »
Just drove for 15 hours straight from Tennessee back home. Last Friday I drove 16 hours straight from home to Tennessee
I'm stationed at Fort Campbell, when we gonna meet up bb?
:'(  But I'm back in Tejas already.  I would have loved to have a picnic with you straddling the TN/KY state line.

El Babua

« Reply #3308 on: December 30, 2016, 08:44:18 PM »
Spent way too much damn money at the strip club.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3309 on: December 31, 2016, 02:37:30 AM »
champagne room :lawd

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3310 on: December 31, 2016, 02:40:27 AM »
My new Delonghi bean to cup coffee machine makes a bitter brew,time to jump in to the world of calibration

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3311 on: December 31, 2016, 07:56:03 AM »
Don't intervene or take sides Rahx. Think of it like this: the universe is going to do its job, you don't need to get your hands dirty. She wants him to save her. He's simping. Sooner or later the time, effort, and MONEY will convince him to drop her. In the meantime just chill in the cut and talk to him about anything except her.

And if he's dumb enough to follow thru and actually save her then oh well. He lost. :yeshrug

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3312 on: December 31, 2016, 11:10:08 AM »
I've mentioned this in passing, but my anxiety in crowds/large groups is somehow getting worse.
Which is odd, because I certainly don't have group/social anxiety. Put me in a group and give me a chance and I'll be the most entertaining person there. But especially with christmas shopping I've realized that if I'm in a crowded shop, restaurant or building I'll have a mini-panic attack and just be really ansy/uncomfortable til I leave. I find it weird in that I have no problem performing to hundreds of people, done that lots or presenting to hundreds, done that tons too, and with both situations I don't even bat an eye, where I see far more sociable people than me completely meltdown. But put me in a slightly crowded store, and I'll start to freak out. Not really sure what to do. Brought it up to a friend who works in mental health and they were like "Heh, that's generally a trait of social anxiety. Puppy, no one will believe you have social anxiety for a second."

Not really sure how to go forward with this.
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3313 on: December 31, 2016, 02:45:34 PM »
I've mentioned this in passing, but my anxiety in crowds/large groups is somehow getting worse.
Which is odd, because I certainly don't have group/social anxiety. Put me in a group and give me a chance and I'll be the most entertaining person there. But especially with christmas shopping I've realized that if I'm in a crowded shop, restaurant or building I'll have a mini-panic attack and just be really ansy/uncomfortable til I leave. I find it weird in that I have no problem performing to hundreds of people, done that lots or presenting to hundreds, done that tons too, and with both situations I don't even bat an eye, where I see far more sociable people than me completely meltdown. But put me in a slightly crowded store, and I'll start to freak out. Not really sure what to do. Brought it up to a friend who works in mental health and they were like "Heh, that's generally a trait of social anxiety. Puppy, no one will believe you have social anxiety for a second."

Not really sure how to go forward with this.

I'm the same way. :dap

« Reply #3314 on: December 31, 2016, 09:22:14 PM »
I'm the same way. Very extroverted but crowds make me so anxious I can't have fun at big bars or festivals. And sometimes just anticipating going to one is just as bad. Drinking makes me feel better but also has the unfortunate side effect of making me drunk.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3315 on: January 02, 2017, 01:13:15 PM »
CostCo visits seriously make me want to start fighting people. The combination of a tightly packed crowd and bad manners gets me seeing red way too quickly.  :-\

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3316 on: January 02, 2017, 01:39:00 PM »
CostCo visits seriously make me want to start fighting people. The combination of a tightly packed crowd and bad manners gets me seeing red way too quickly.  :-\

I was getting visibly angry on our last trip there Saturday.  This particular Costco is insanely crowded no matter what day or time you go to it, filled with idiots who don't pay attention to who is walking around and lots of shopping cart "traffic jams" because of it. 

Costco used to be a free membership for us when they had AMEX cards.  Seemed worth it for no other reason than to use the gas station they have and go in occasionally for stuff.  Now we live a bit further away and have other gas stations nearby -so no need for gas there- and are having to pay $55 a year for membership to go there and buy shit like toilet paper and paper towels.  It doesn't really feel worth it for the stress I get from the insane crowds inside.  One poor dude walked right up to my cart and pointed to some paper towels to ask where they were.  I was about to punch him in the face when I saw him reach out.  :lol :-\
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3317 on: January 02, 2017, 01:45:51 PM »
There's a Korean taco food truck that comes right near work every Thursday.  I love their food and always tell my wife about it.  She's been wanting to try it but that's just not gonna happen at the truck.

But they've been doing so well that they decided to open up a restaurant.  We went there on Friday.  This was the second day that they were open and I guess nobody knows about the place yet.  There was only one other person inside who was already eating.  We ordered a total of nine tacos between the two of us to go.  The lady behind the counter was real young and was sitting there talking and giggling with a co-worker over not knowing what the fuck to do with orders.   :doge

She keeps messing up our order, but before we paid, she read it back and it was correct.  We wait and the food comes out in a bag, with each flavor in its own little box inside.

My wife asks me if we should check the order when we leave.  "Nah, those guys always get it right!"  I say.

When we get home, we find that we are two tacos short and that all of the order is messed up, with the wrong stuff inside. 
:stahp

That's what I get for not checking.  I emailed them about it and they told me that they'd give me a free meal to make up for it, at least.  I don't think I'm gonna go back to the restaurant for a little while though.  Not until the staff learns how to do stuff.
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3318 on: January 02, 2017, 02:29:03 PM »

I was getting visibly angry on our last trip there Saturday.  This particular Costco is insanely crowded no matter what day or time you go to it, filled with idiots who don't pay attention to who is walking around and lots of shopping cart "traffic jams" because of it. 

Costco used to be a free membership for us when they had AMEX cards.  Seemed worth it for no other reason than to use the gas station they have and go in occasionally for stuff.  Now we live a bit further away and have other gas stations nearby -so no need for gas there- and are having to pay $55 a year for membership to go there and buy shit like toilet paper and paper towels.  It doesn't really feel worth it for the stress I get from the insane crowds inside.  One poor dude walked right up to my cart and pointed to some paper towels to ask where they were.  I was about to punch him in the face when I saw him reach out.  :lol :-\

There are lots of mainland Asian expats at the Kobe CostCo when I'd go, and they DO NOT have the same personal space rules as Japanese. Or humans. There's one of those traffic jams you mentioned, so I'm moving my cart in lockstep with the one in front of me, can't move out, left or right just yet, and a cart bumps into me from behind. I turn, and the asian woman controlling it is looking off in another direction, like a driver who cuts you off and then tries to ignore that they've fucked up. I face forward, keep moving, and BANG I get hit from behind again. When I spin back, she's looking away again, so I say, "HEY!" and she looked at me. "You roll that thing into me one more time, things are going to turn out worse than you expect."  :maf

Chrono, close to causing international incidents in the CostCo.  :-\

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3319 on: January 03, 2017, 07:19:43 AM »
The Kanazawa City Costco was pretty much empty when I went to it.  It was glorious.
:rejoice
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3320 on: January 03, 2017, 07:40:44 AM »
That reminds me of another place filled with far too many people- IKEA.  Popped in there last week because they have the four-cube Kallax shelving units on sale for $19.99 each.  That's almost 50% off so I went to go get two of them.  IKEA already has huge crowds, but when we got to the warehouse area, it looked like a fucking brawl was going on with a shit-ton of people hovering around a certain aisle.  All of them were grabbing at the fucking Kallax units on sale.  :lol :dizzy  I went over to it and found the area cleaned out, but my wife noticed that some of them were sitting in another area, so I went over and got some as more people continued to pour in and comb the area for them.  Fucking insanity.
ど助平

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3321 on: January 03, 2017, 08:02:19 AM »
That reminds me of another place filled with far too many people- IKEA.  Popped in there last week because they have the four-cube Kallax shelving units on sale for $19.99 each.  That's almost 50% off so I went to go get two of them.  IKEA already has huge crowds, but when we got to the warehouse area, it looked like a fucking brawl was going on with a shit-ton of people hovering around a certain aisle.  All of them were grabbing at the fucking Kallax units on sale.  :lol :dizzy  I went over to it and found the area cleaned out, but my wife noticed that some of them were sitting in another area, so I went over and got some as more people continued to pour in and comb the area for them.  Fucking insanity.
Love IKEA, but hate going there. Kohoku IKEA is pretty bad, especially the cafeteria. But if you were there are this time, they were probably having some kind of NYE sale. That must have been insane. lol

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3322 on: January 03, 2017, 11:00:56 AM »

Wow those look nice...I've never bought anything at IKEA.

Looks like they can be bought online. I might pounce.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3323 on: January 03, 2017, 11:53:05 AM »

Wow, really?  Almost all the furniture I have is from them.  I like the modern style a lot and there's not a lot of other options out there (that don't cost ridiculously-high amounts of money).  You do have to put the furniture together yourself, though- it is generally super-easy to do (and the smaller Kallax units can be assembled in like five minutes) but can be annoying.

Kallax (and the previous Expedit line that they replaced) are great for storage and displays.   The larger ones can also be used as room dividers if you need that- I did that at our previous tiny apartment and it worked great and looked really nice.  Now in our condo I have several of them in my game room to hold all my crap.  You can also customize them with doors and/or shelving.

I put the two I just got together to act as a defacto TV stand and have my gaming monitor/speakers and consoles on it.  Put in some dioders on the top row of shelves for added lighting...just gotta hide the cables as best I can and I'm done.
ど助平

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3324 on: January 03, 2017, 06:42:43 PM »
fucked up my PC build.  MY MB doesn't support PCIe M.2.  Mother fucker, this is totally not clear from the product page/instruction manual (which is for three different MBs, 2 of which support PCIe M.2)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3325 on: January 03, 2017, 07:08:59 PM »
should've gotten a nudemac
©@©™

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3326 on: January 03, 2017, 07:23:24 PM »
Should've gotten nude

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3327 on: January 03, 2017, 07:24:54 PM »
I did.  It didn't help. 

El Babua

« Reply #3328 on: January 03, 2017, 08:12:41 PM »
Why am I not a senior member yet?

Beezy

« Reply #3329 on: January 03, 2017, 08:14:53 PM »

Looks like they can be bought online. I might pounce.
Yeah, this sale is going on in the US until Jan 10th. I might have to get some also...

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3330 on: January 05, 2017, 12:01:42 AM »
My dad whined that I didn't call him on Skype for some days after Christmas. But he hasn't even been online whenever I checked (several times a day), and when I told him that I can't call when he's offline, he said he's online a lot but uses the invisible mode. Ugh....  What does he expect then. He always waits for everyone else to contact him, while he never takes any initiative to. I love him, but he's such a needy child sometimes.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3331 on: January 05, 2017, 01:14:16 AM »
My dad whined that I didn't call him on Skype for some days after Christmas. But he hasn't even been online whenever I checked (several times a day), and when I told him that I can't call when he's offline, he said he's online a lot but uses the invisible mode. Ugh....  What does he expect then. He always waits for everyone else to contact him, while he never takes any initiative to. I love him, but he's such a needy child sometimes.

My Mom went through this phase as well. I think I said, "Oh, so you have one of those phones that doesn't dial out?"

FYI: Results were unfavorable.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3332 on: January 05, 2017, 01:15:42 AM »
Did the same. Except mine was "phones work both ways."

Results also unfavorable
que

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3333 on: January 05, 2017, 03:21:19 AM »
It's kinda silly. When I did call him, he said "I'm not dead yet" (implying I could have called before). So I just answered "Neither am I". I feel like he keeps getting worse and more needy every year. He also keeps pulling this guilty tripping shit with my sister who has a newborn baby, and is obviously not available 95% of the time.

But yeah, I'm getting tired of this one way thing.

« Reply #3334 on: January 05, 2017, 11:07:51 AM »
My dad does the same thing. Acts like he's concerned about me when I don't call but never sent even a note when I was in actual wars. Every time I talk to him all I get is a "wish I could see you." Well, you should have thought about that before you left and moved to a new time zone 30 years ago, pops.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3335 on: January 05, 2017, 07:45:11 PM »
I'm coming to learn that my ability to deal with multiple things at once that are completely unrelated isn't that great. If they're related, I have no issue. But if it's a complete shift I have a lot of mental inertia to overcome.
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3336 on: January 06, 2017, 05:38:38 PM »
Going back to Japan tomorrow. Wasn't able to see everyone I wanted. I blame the holidays, and am trying not to beat myself over it.

Going back means:
  • Work project in full-blown production after waiting for it to start for more than a month, and subject to a newly established deadline by the dallying client.
  • Goodbye to good beer.
  • Commitment to losing weight.
  • Missing friends.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3337 on: January 08, 2017, 05:05:08 PM »
Today is my mom's birthday. Called, had a nice little convo and at the end I was like "well happy 37th birthday  :doge " and she laughed.

But when I hung up I realized how weird that would be since I'm 29  :picard

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3338 on: January 08, 2017, 06:04:31 PM »
Today is my mom's birthday. Called, had a nice little convo and at the end I was like "well happy 37th birthday  :doge " and she laughed.

But when I hung up I realized how weird that would be since I'm 29  :picard

:jared
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3339 on: January 09, 2017, 11:13:08 AM »
Edit: an unworkable joke due to bad math skills. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3340 on: January 09, 2017, 12:22:12 PM »
If you start star trek I suggest you watch a good episode first just to see how good it can be.  I think both the original and NG start of weak. 

Watch 'the city on the edge of forever', the last episode of season 1. 

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3341 on: January 10, 2017, 01:24:14 AM »
Took 200 mg of modafinil to get a bunch of shit done at work today.  Now I have to "wake up" in 4 1/2 hours and I'm still wide awake.
🍆🍆

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3342 on: January 10, 2017, 09:56:35 AM »
Stay woke, MTW.
©@©™

studyguy

« Reply #3343 on: January 11, 2017, 04:38:15 PM »
Took a week and change break from the gym to avoid the first week of new members fucking shit up.
Came back to find they tossed out like 3 power racks, so now there's just 3 in total there and a bunch of new Smith machines in place of the old racks.  >:(
pause

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #3344 on: January 16, 2017, 08:42:29 AM »
I don't get MLK day off. Most BJU grads, that I know, don't take it off and I work for a bunch of BJU grads. fucking racists :hitler

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3345 on: January 16, 2017, 08:54:41 AM »
I don't get it off either. Corporate racism  :(

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3346 on: January 16, 2017, 08:55:45 AM »
I don't get MLK Day off either. Live in the south, brehs. 

©@©™

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #3347 on: January 16, 2017, 08:58:02 AM »
At least there wasn't much traffic today.  :trumps

« Reply #3348 on: January 16, 2017, 09:12:12 AM »
I’m off because I contract for the federal government. When I look at the holidays federal employees get off, the time off they get (starting at 6 weeks a year), the pay they get and cost of living adjustments, the health and retirement benefits, and the diversity in the workforce, it’s clear that the federal government is a socialist workers’ utopia.

Which is ironic because every single person in my office older than 40 voted for Trump. It’s definitely a What’s the Matter with Kansas situation.

Oh well, I’m about to play video games before 9 am which is one of the truly special things in the world.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3349 on: January 16, 2017, 09:31:32 AM »
I'm growing increasingly convinced that most people either didn't think particularly hard before voting for trump, or voted somehow believing he would only do the things they personally cared about, all the while not-doing the things he said he'd do but they don't want. :derp

Anyway, 'grats on the early morning videogaming. I almost snuck some of that in today.

OT: I've been without any alcohol or videogames for eight days after returning from the USA. The first four were jetlag, and the most recent four were due to project crunch. Finally broke the fast today, cracking a bottle of table wine to use for pasta sauce and to get mildly sauced myself. Turned out to be an utterly miserable, carbonated red. Who makes this garbage?

Germany.

Germany made that garbage. How the hell did I end up with a German wine? Everyone knows the Germans can't do wine.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3350 on: January 16, 2017, 09:59:46 AM »
Hey, Riesling exists.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3351 on: January 16, 2017, 10:22:08 AM »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3352 on: January 16, 2017, 10:39:08 AM »
Rheinland wine fondue tho

« Reply #3353 on: January 16, 2017, 10:56:31 AM »
Who doesn’t like good German Rieslings? And Gewürztraminer? If you eat spicy food both of those are for you. And Grüner Veltlinger?  You should be in the unpopular opinions thread, chrono.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3355 on: January 16, 2017, 12:26:33 PM »
Half-shitpost, because I don't actually know squat about wine. :B

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3356 on: January 16, 2017, 12:38:46 PM »
I should probably get into wine, on account of not liking beer.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3357 on: January 16, 2017, 06:25:59 PM »
I should probably get into wine, on account of not liking beer.

Now that's a shitpost.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #3358 on: January 16, 2017, 07:55:40 PM »
A while back I had to piss in my bathroom sink when my toilet was clogged. But that was out of necessity.  :doge

Tasty

« Reply #3359 on: January 16, 2017, 08:05:59 PM »
Just go in the shower? :confused

At leas that'll be nowhere near where you wash your hands.