Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 918732 times)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #5220 on: February 25, 2018, 11:42:41 PM »
Someone make my voice better :(
serge

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #5221 on: February 26, 2018, 02:20:57 AM »
Someone make my voice better :(

Suck on my dick some lozenges breh.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #5222 on: February 26, 2018, 04:51:35 AM »
Gotta smoke some cigars man

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #5223 on: February 26, 2018, 06:37:16 PM »
Was in Philly last weekend with my girlfriend (she treated me to a weekend stay as a V-day gift), and we decided to go check out the hotel pool. It was a Hilton on the Delaware River, a very nice spot... while at the pool, we got into a conversation with a guy and girl, both covered in tattoos. They said they were from the area but occasionally will stay overnight in the city. We asked for recommendations for places to check out, and then I noticed the guy had an SS logo and a swastika tattoo.

Creeped me the fuck out - then I had to quickly figure out how to cut the convo short and get the 2 of us out of there. Even more uncomfortable is that my girlfriend and I both frequently get mistaken for being Jewish, and to top it off we have thick LI accents.

Anyone else ever run into an honest to god neo nazi in the flesh?
^_^

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #5224 on: February 26, 2018, 06:40:07 PM »
Actually, I did meet a guy with an 88 tattoo on his arm a year ago. I asked him what it stood for but he said it was his birthday. Totally didn't believe him. Anyway, I bought him his beer out of kindness.
每天生气

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5225 on: February 26, 2018, 06:55:28 PM »
I went to school with a skinhead. He didn't start showing up in the full get-up until a year in, so me and a buddy actually developed a friendly relationship. To him, I was 'one of the good ones'. :doge

TVC15

« Reply #5226 on: February 26, 2018, 09:00:30 PM »
Was in Philly last weekend with my girlfriend (she treated me to a weekend stay as a V-day gift), and we decided to go check out the hotel pool. It was a Hilton on the Delaware River, a very nice spot... while at the pool, we got into a conversation with a guy and girl, both covered in tattoos. They said they were from the area but occasionally will stay overnight in the city. We asked for recommendations for places to check out, and then I noticed the guy had an SS logo and a swastika tattoo.

Creeped me the fuck out - then I had to quickly figure out how to cut the convo short and get the 2 of us out of there. Even more uncomfortable is that my girlfriend and I both frequently get mistaken for being Jewish, and to top it off we have thick LI accents.

In rural Pennsylvania, growing up? All the time.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #5227 on: February 27, 2018, 06:11:00 AM »
I haven”t had an erection in 5-6 days :(
serge

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #5228 on: February 27, 2018, 09:37:10 AM »
I get the feeling that when you could get a boner you could jack off 5+ times a day. So im not surprised.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #5229 on: February 27, 2018, 12:04:20 PM »
My kid wanted McDonalds the other night, so we went in to check out their new 'makeover'.

Even though there wasn't a line, they had those self-serve flatscreens installed so you can make your own order. They are clunky as FUCK. We sat there for 3 minutes trying to create an order before I just said screw it and walked over to the counter.

They should just have you speak at the thing and then confirm if that's what you want. By having layers and layers of menu options, it just needlessly slows down the process.

The automated revolution isn't quite ready yet.

Tasty

« Reply #5230 on: February 27, 2018, 12:12:19 PM »
There's nothing about what you posted that was "automated." :P

ToxicAdam

« Reply #5231 on: February 27, 2018, 12:43:18 PM »
Using a touchscreen to create an order isn't a form of automation?

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #5232 on: February 27, 2018, 12:43:25 PM »
Using your phone like you do for online taco bell and domino's orders would be a lot better. You could log in to your account and have your specific order options already set up as a favorite.

I've never used a touchscreen kiosk that didn't suck ass.

ToxicAdam

« Reply #5233 on: February 27, 2018, 12:51:15 PM »
A human being put cash into the ATM, so it doesn't count as automation.

Durrrrr

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5234 on: February 27, 2018, 01:28:58 PM »
It seems like eliminating the dude at the counter (or reducing the number of these required) would count as automation.

I love those kiosks.  but they're pretty much unnecessary with the mcdonalds app that remembers favorites and all that.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #5235 on: February 27, 2018, 02:22:50 PM »
I like the soda kiosk where you can choose from 50+ different drinks except for the fact there is only one of them in the place and there is always a line.

Mello Yellow Peach :noah
©ZH

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #5236 on: February 27, 2018, 03:13:08 PM »
I’ve never felt as old as I did today when dying my hair to cover greys.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5237 on: February 27, 2018, 03:18:53 PM »
but why?  a few grey hairs are sexy.  My wife has a few right at her forehead hairline and she just looks like she is becoming Rogue :drool

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #5238 on: February 27, 2018, 03:32:15 PM »
but why?  a few grey hairs are sexy.  My wife has a few right at her forehead hairline and she just looks like she is becoming Rogue :drool
Yeah.... but I have this natural blonde stripe on my hairline which is now hidden under my bangs. It makes my hairline look higher/thin when I wear a ponytail and I guess I got old and paranoid enough to give a shit about it. Especially I noticed a handful of greys coming through there as well. Not quite ready to embrace it all, maybe once I hit 40, idk. Greys are sexy as fuck on guys though. :drool

Edit: The dying job turned out even better than I had thought! Color was a perfect match, and I don't look as balding anymore. :lol
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 04:31:33 PM by Valkyrie »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #5239 on: February 27, 2018, 04:46:19 PM »
Pic thread ----->
©ZH

shosta

« Reply #5240 on: February 28, 2018, 01:33:04 PM »
Not recent but one time I met the mayor of Colfax in a bar in Roseville, California and drunkenly called him a "racist, redneck motherfucker". And then he laughed and bought me a drink.
每天生气

TVC15

« Reply #5241 on: February 28, 2018, 01:53:33 PM »
I wish someone would secretly feed me ethylene glycol :(
serge

jorma

« Reply #5242 on: February 28, 2018, 02:02:09 PM »
So on Monday i came to work expecting to give my three month notice, then buy a  puppy and live a carefree hippie life for a few years or a decade. Time off depending on how much weed Canadians buy from august and onward, i guess.

And then my boss talked me into not quitting just yet because he wants to talk to his bosses about raising my salary or reducing my hours or whatever works for me.

I feel happy because i didn't expect them to need me that badly (there are like 600 employees at my office, so i didn't exactly feel irreplaceable), but also sad because i really wanted a puppy.
I hope the actual offer i get next week is shitty enough to turn down. I also hope it's a really good offer that i can't turn down.
So yeah. A minor inconvenience that really isn't a struggle.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5243 on: February 28, 2018, 02:57:03 PM »
So I did the interview and it went well. But I got the typical, "You were a classical guitar major? I don't know how I feel entrusting the department to someone who didn't major in it."
I countered that my company gets paid well for me to tell people with degrees in their field how to run their departments and if I couldn't do it well, I'd be out of a job. They agreed, but sometimes it's that they just gotta check that box off. Hands down I could knock the job out of the park and have done it a ton at other places. But I guess I wait now to hear back. I hate waiting.

Thing is, I'd actually be taking a bit of a pay cut to take the job, but it would give me a chance at a more normal life as I wouldn't be travelling every week. It's exceptionally hard to maintain friendships and any social hobby when you're travelling all over the place. Oh well, guess I'm stuck here a while :goty
que

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #5244 on: February 28, 2018, 03:05:52 PM »
Yeah.... but I have this natural blonde stripe on my hairline which is now hidden under my bangs. It makes my hairline look higher/thin when I wear a ponytail and I guess I got old and paranoid enough to give a shit about it. Especially I noticed a handful of greys coming through there as well. Not quite ready to embrace it all, maybe once I hit 40, idk. Greys are sexy as fuck on guys though. :drool

Edit: The dying job turned out even better than I had thought! Color was a perfect match, and I don't look as balding anymore. :lol

Don't know how old you are, but a few gray hairs when you're pushing 30 is normal I think.

I got my first gray hairs with 19 lol, always thought I'd look like my avatar when I reached my 30s. Didn't happen though...

Corporal

« Reply #5245 on: February 28, 2018, 03:24:25 PM »
Dang. In between noscript and some other extensions (and despite whitelisting the bore), I managed to break the "like" functionality on this here forum.
 :noooo

Oh well. More time for shitposting.
!list

TVC15

« Reply #5246 on: February 28, 2018, 06:29:18 PM »
Just had a dream where I was watching vhs videos with my mom and I didn’t feel alone. I woke up crying. Like I had been crying in my sleep for some time. I hate all of you that are happy or feel like you have a goal or purpose and I hate you all that aren’t alone
serge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5247 on: February 28, 2018, 07:04:33 PM »
Just had a dream where I was watching vhs videos with my mom and I didn’t feel alone. I woke up crying. Like I had been crying in my sleep for some time. I hate all of you that are happy or feel like you have a goal or purpose and I hate you all that aren’t alone
:rkelly

but, you know the answer as to why the bird has nipples. So you got that going for you.
que

Tasty

« Reply #5248 on: February 28, 2018, 07:21:50 PM »

:( Sorry to hear that man. You are one of my fave posters and I hope things get better for you soon. :heart

Clockwork5

« Reply #5249 on: February 28, 2018, 07:43:46 PM »

I'm sorry. I know the feeling of chronic loneliness and it isn't fun. Hope things rebound for you, friend.

Corporal

« Reply #5250 on: March 01, 2018, 03:55:24 AM »
Man, we really need hugs-over-TCP/IP.

Or would that be a UDP application? :thinking
!list

Tasty

« Reply #5251 on: March 01, 2018, 04:01:41 AM »

Hugs shouldn't be lossy and don't have a time constraint, so no.

Corporal

« Reply #5252 on: March 01, 2018, 04:11:55 AM »

Hugs shouldn't be lossy and don't have a time constraint, so no.
But just imagine, if two huggers would be close enough to each other, each initiated hug could result in many received BONUS hugs.

Plus, the hugs wouldn't just arrive automagically, the hug initiator would actually have to take care that their hug arrived. I feel like this is a better approximation of hugging irl.
!list

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5253 on: March 01, 2018, 08:39:47 AM »
Minor Inconveniences: :reeeee Edition

Warning: RAMBLING ABOUT BUYING VIDYA

Was looking at the Bayonetta Switch thread on RE a few weeks ago and saw someone mention that the Japanese Bayonetta Non-Stop Climax Edition came with a physical copy of Bayonetta 1.  The collector-nerd in me needed this.  Problem is, pre-orders were long-closed which meant paying ridiculous scalper prices ($200+.  Fuck me.).  Another poster then noted that copies were still available for pre-order on an import site I'd never heard of before called Nin-Nin-Game. 

Going back to the NeoGAF days, if there's one thing I used to think I could trust on that board it was where to buy game stuff.  And that was my mistake. 

Got on the site and found that you had to make an account first before you can place an order.  Except this didn't go through all the way and I had no password, yet it somehow took me to a payment option.  I got a receipt emailed to me and then received another email to confirm the account.  Since this happened after the order, no order history was available on my account and I received no confirmation in my email.  The site then displayed an error and said to contact their support because the order didn't go through properly.  I checked and saw that my credit card had been charged, so something went through. 

The site uses a ticketing system to handle inquiries and they are insanely slow to respond.  I opened a ticket and got a reply/closed ticket notification five days later.  They didn't answer my question of whether or not I actually had an order and what the error I got was and instead just said something akin to "WE ARE PROCESSING ORDERS AS THEY COME IN BE PATIENT THANKS BYE."  So I re-opened the ticket and several days later got no reply.

At this point I put in a credit card dispute.  Checked about the company and found lots of search results complaining about their awful service and how difficult they are to deal with, especially if you want to cancel an order or return something.  Some people said it took months for stuff to get resolved and that they'd argue that they only give store credit and don't do refunds.  Great.  Thanks for the recommendation, REEEEEEEEEE.

But my dispute was going through and my credit card company had the money ready to be refunded if there was no reply.  So whatever...ordered another copy of the game off a seller on eBay.  Again, scalper prices, but it was the same price as Nin-Nin-Game including the shipping.  Then several days after this, Nin-Nin-Game sends out a shipping notification. It arrives on the same day as the one I got off eBay.  :lol  They never responded to me about anything and closed the ticket a few days later.  At least they did ship it out, albeit late, and I will definitely never buy from them again.

Since I didn't want to even try to return the game after reading about Nin-Nin-Game's bullshit and not even getting an answer to a simple question, I decided to just try selling the extra copy instead.  Before hitting up eBay, I went to RE and posted the game for sale.  Got one response almost immediately asking to drop the price.  OK, willing to drop it a bit to avoid listing fees and other eBay nonsense.  But then he wants to know if I will send him the game first since "I have no feedback on RE."  Sure, I'll just send you a $200 item without receiving payment when I have no idea who you are either. 
:idont

Guess it's going to be off to eBay.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 08:47:33 AM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5254 on: March 01, 2018, 08:52:44 AM »
Hi, I'd like a hug.
- Hi. You'd like a hug?
Yes, I would like a hug.
- OK, I'm going to give you a hug.
Cool, I'm going to get a hug.
- Are you ready for a hug?
Yes, I am ready to get a hug.

[Connection timed out]

Hi, I'd like a hug.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5255 on: March 01, 2018, 08:58:25 AM »
Hi, I'd like a hug.
- Hi. You'd like a hug?
Yes, I would like a hug.
- OK, I'm going to give you a hug.
Cool, I'm going to get a hug.
- Are you ready for a hug?
Yes, I am ready to get a hug.

[Connection timed out]

Hi, I'd like a hug.
:confused
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5256 on: March 01, 2018, 09:02:48 AM »
The posts this is in response to are right above yours. This time, I couldn't be fucked to quote them after the fact.

Corporal

« Reply #5257 on: March 01, 2018, 09:36:55 AM »
The only way this could have been better would have involved working a handshake into the exchange; nonetheless, my hat's off to you.

3:0 for UDP hugs. Writing an RFC as soon as I can be bothered.
(which is never)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 09:41:25 AM by Corporal »
!list

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5258 on: March 01, 2018, 10:47:25 AM »
Minor Inconveniences: :reeeee Edition

Warning: RAMBLING ABOUT BUYING VIDYA

Was looking at the Bayonetta Switch thread on RE a few weeks ago and saw someone mention that the Japanese Bayonetta Non-Stop Climax Edition came with a physical copy of Bayonetta 1.  The collector-nerd in me needed this.  Problem is, pre-orders were long-closed which meant paying ridiculous scalper prices ($200+.  Fuck me.).  Another poster then noted that copies were still available for pre-order on an import site I'd never heard of before called Nin-Nin-Game. 

Going back to the NeoGAF days, if there's one thing I used to think I could trust on that board it was where to buy game stuff.  And that was my mistake. 

Got on the site and found that you had to make an account first before you can place an order.  Except this didn't go through all the way and I had no password, yet it somehow took me to a payment option.  I got a receipt emailed to me and then received another email to confirm the account.  Since this happened after the order, no order history was available on my account and I received no confirmation in my email.  The site then displayed an error and said to contact their support because the order didn't go through properly.  I checked and saw that my credit card had been charged, so something went through. 

The site uses a ticketing system to handle inquiries and they are insanely slow to respond.  I opened a ticket and got a reply/closed ticket notification five days later.  They didn't answer my question of whether or not I actually had an order and what the error I got was and instead just said something akin to "WE ARE PROCESSING ORDERS AS THEY COME IN BE PATIENT THANKS BYE."  So I re-opened the ticket and several days later got no reply.

At this point I put in a credit card dispute.  Checked about the company and found lots of search results complaining about their awful service and how difficult they are to deal with, especially if you want to cancel an order or return something.  Some people said it took months for stuff to get resolved and that they'd argue that they only give store credit and don't do refunds.  Great.  Thanks for the recommendation, REEEEEEEEEE.

But my dispute was going through and my credit card company had the money ready to be refunded if there was no reply.  So whatever...ordered another copy of the game off a seller on eBay.  Again, scalper prices, but it was the same price as Nin-Nin-Game including the shipping.  Then several days after this, Nin-Nin-Game sends out a shipping notification. It arrives on the same day as the one I got off eBay.  :lol  They never responded to me about anything and closed the ticket a few days later.  At least they did ship it out, albeit late, and I will definitely never buy from them again.

Since I didn't want to even try to return the game after reading about Nin-Nin-Game's bullshit and not even getting an answer to a simple question, I decided to just try selling the extra copy instead.  Before hitting up eBay, I went to RE and posted the game for sale.  Got one response almost immediately asking to drop the price.  OK, willing to drop it a bit to avoid listing fees and other eBay nonsense.  But then he wants to know if I will send him the game first since "I have no feedback on RE."  Sure, I'll just send you a $200 item without receiving payment when I have no idea who you are either. 
:idont

Guess it's going to be off to eBay.

I can't believe this wall of text ends with you receiving both items that you ordered, on-time.

All of the inconvenience ended up being in your head. So I guess this offers us all a larger lesson?

Tasty

« Reply #5259 on: March 01, 2018, 11:09:23 AM »
The only way this could have been better would have involved working a handshake into the exchange; nonetheless, my hat's off to you.

3:0 for UDP hugs. Writing an RFC as soon as I can be bothered.
(which is never)

I dunno I think Hugs will get more adoption if they're served as JSON over HTTP. That's where we should focus our efforts.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5260 on: March 01, 2018, 11:16:43 AM »
I'm having one of those days, mopping around the house.
ὕβρις

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5261 on: March 01, 2018, 11:26:48 AM »
I'm having one of those days, mopping around the house.
Even the carpeted areas?  bold

spoiler (click to show/hide)
hope you cheer up, buddy
[close]

Corporal

« Reply #5262 on: March 01, 2018, 11:58:36 AM »
I dunno I think Hugs will get more adoption if they're served as JSON over HTTP. That's where we should focus our efforts.
Nah, my man. Higher level protocols are for what you do after the hug is accomplished.  :-*

Also, XML or death. Fuck this JScript bullshit. Back in my day I coded my way to school and back, in binary, using a soap box and a dead hamster on a string. :maf
!list

Tasty

« Reply #5263 on: March 01, 2018, 12:33:26 PM »
soap box

SOAP :kobeyuck

JSON :aah

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5264 on: March 01, 2018, 12:47:30 PM »
I can't believe this wall of text ends with you receiving both items that you ordered, on-time.

All of the inconvenience ended up being in your head. So I guess this offers us all a larger lesson?

No...?  :lol

I didn't get the first copy of the game I ordered on time and they didn't help me at all.  This is what happened with Nin-Nin-Game:

1. Ordered the game the Thursday before its release on a Saturday.  Get a receipt for payment, but no order details or information.  Cannot see anything on my account.
2. The site states that a technical issue has occurred and there's a problem with my order and it may have not gone through, contact support for assistance, etc.
3. I open a ticket with them and explain what happened.  Asked if the order went through and to provide me with the order number. 
4. The ticket is closed five days later without answering anything that I asked.  (They started shipping out copies over the previous weekend)
5. I re-open the ticket and receive no reply.
6. Waited several days and got no response.  Their FB page now has comments from people saying their copies were shipped out.
7. Disputed the charge on my card.
8. After two more days, still no response from them.  Ordered another copy off eBay.
9. The following Sunday evening, received an email from Nin-Nin-Games saying the game was shipped out.  Closed the dispute.
10. My questions were never answered and the ticket was marked as "resolved" and closed a couple of days after this. 

So I never got any communication on what was going on from them and they shipped out my order about a week late.

TL;DR they have shitty customer service and can be a hassle to deal with.  I saw a YT video where the guy posted that they were actually sending him nasty email messages after he finally managed to get a refund.  They're based in Japan, but it appears to be run by some rude Frenchman.  :doge

I think they're in your neck of the woods, in fact.   :P
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 01:08:46 PM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

TVC15

« Reply #5265 on: March 01, 2018, 03:48:20 PM »
I’ve pooped so much the past week that there’s blood every time I wipe. And I’m pretty sure there’s blood seeping between times I have to wipe. I have a bloody spot on my underwear :(
serge

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5266 on: March 01, 2018, 03:56:29 PM »
you probably got an anal fissure

spoiler (click to show/hide)
or butt cancer
[close]
©@©™

TVC15

« Reply #5267 on: March 01, 2018, 03:58:24 PM »
I’m just about 100% sure it’s from wiping too much. It’s been a non-stop shit train. I’m talking about solid bricks, just about hourly, since Sunday. I haven’t even been able to go to the store.
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5268 on: March 01, 2018, 04:16:59 PM »
start using baby wipes. it gets your asshole cleaner than tp and it feels better too

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #5269 on: March 01, 2018, 09:06:30 PM »
Invest in a bidet
WDW

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5270 on: March 01, 2018, 09:32:15 PM »
Go to a doctor. You have had those transit issues for some time... and I mean, you're chronically wiping blood now. I'm a stupid asshole too when it comes to health (the less I see doctors, the less ill I am ! hurr durr) but honestly the blood part would alarm me.
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #5271 on: March 01, 2018, 09:35:38 PM »
It's from stress. He's so stressed out some tear in his digestive track keeps opening up. When I have life ending stress it happens to me, too.
每天生气

ToxicAdam

« Reply #5272 on: March 01, 2018, 10:10:38 PM »
if its bright red blood, it's just an anal fissure or hemmoroids. If it's a deeper red blood, then you should see a doctor.

Don't push so hard when you poop.

TVC15

« Reply #5273 on: March 01, 2018, 10:18:57 PM »
Guys, it’s from wiping too much in a short period of time. I don’t see doctors unless I’m dying.
serge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5274 on: March 01, 2018, 10:56:46 PM »
Do you wipe standing up or sitting down?
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5275 on: March 01, 2018, 10:57:54 PM »
Update on my inconvenience. Got an email back from the company they said they haven't forgotten about me and will be in touch early next week.
That seems like a pretty positive sign. We'll see. I won't get my hopes up.
que

TVC15

« Reply #5276 on: March 01, 2018, 11:43:33 PM »
Just think of how much poop weight you've probably lost though.

I seriously think a lot of issues from the past month are because I stopped taking my ADHD meds after I got laid off. Medical meth definitely has an effect on that stuff. I think the extreme constipation was from quitting cold turkey, and things are trying to return to normal right now.
serge

kingv

« Reply #5277 on: March 03, 2018, 09:19:39 AM »
My kid wanted McDonalds the other night, so we went in to check out their new 'makeover'.

Even though there wasn't a line, they had those self-serve flatscreens installed so you can make your own order. They are clunky as FUCK. We sat there for 3 minutes trying to create an order before I just said screw it and walked over to the counter.

They should just have you speak at the thing and then confirm if that's what you want. By having layers and layers of menu options, it just needlessly slows down the process.

The automated revolution isn't quite ready yet.

I went to one of those McDonald’s about a month ago and had the same thought. It took like 5x as long to order on it.

Also, the order takers fill drinks and make ice cream cones and shit, so I’m not exactly sure how the screens even reduce head count

Corporal

« Reply #5278 on: March 04, 2018, 07:04:27 AM »
Yeah, those terminal things are garbage. We have one McD at the Munich main station that uses them, and barely anyone uses them. Meanwhile the seating area is tiny and super cramped and could really benefit from all that wasted space...

Minor inconvenience: Fell asleep too early yesterday. Forgot to buy food. Now I'm eating canned stuff and noodles with random sauce. Own fault, not really bad, but still kinda annoying. And I have a gas station nearby that I could raid if I really wanted to.
!list

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5279 on: March 04, 2018, 10:00:14 AM »
Plenty of touch screen in Paris McDonald's. Works fine :yeshrug
ὕβρις