Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 917825 times)

Corporal

Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #5580 on: April 16, 2018, 03:29:55 PM »
The good:

I'm eating a whole 500ml tub of Ben&Jerry's Blondie Brownie Core and there's nothing you guys can do about that.

The bad:

I'm eating a whole 500ml tub of Ben&Jerry's Blondie Brownie Core and there's nothing you guys can do about that.

The ugly:

This kills the weight loss plans. IDGAF, though. So good. No ragerts. *urp*
!list

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5581 on: April 16, 2018, 03:52:16 PM »
Saw some graffiti that used "eats ass" as a derogatory statement.  :tocry
©@©™

studyguy

« Reply #5582 on: April 16, 2018, 04:39:06 PM »
I went out for dinner on saturday w/ a group. My bill was $60 between all the food and drinks my girl and I had.

Ended up getting hit for the full $500 of the group, when the manager was asked why 3 of the group at the table were charged the full $500 each, the guy was like well... it was probably an accident.

Fucking should have put it on my credit card, now I have a $500 charge waiting to come back as a credit even with a dispute charge to my bank.  :maf
pause

Corporal

« Reply #5583 on: April 16, 2018, 05:14:42 PM »
"probably" an accident. Yeah.

Kinda shocked you didn't get to see the charge before swiping the card (or whatever it is you fancy gentlebeings do to pay in a cash-free manner, nowadays).

Or did you sign off on 500 bucks for a dinner for two as usual and only wisened up once your not so filthy rich friends started to complain? 
Living the high life, eh. :success

....hot damn, my neighbour one floor above me is getting some. There's grunts, groans and rythmic creaking. Or maybe he's just scrubbing the floor at 11p.m. Should I ring the bell and demand to be allowed to join? I love me some late night cleaning. ???
!list

studyguy

« Reply #5584 on: April 16, 2018, 05:20:34 PM »
"probably" an accident. Yeah.

Kinda shocked you didn't get to see the charge before swiping the card (or whatever it is you fancy gentlebeings do to pay in a cash-free manner, nowadays).

Or did you sign off on 500 bucks for a dinner for two as usual and only wisened up once your not so filthy rich friends started to complain? 
Living the high life, eh. :success

....hot damn, my neighbour one floor above me is getting some. There's grunts, groans and rythmic creaking. Or maybe he's just scrubbing the floor at 11p.m. Should I ring the bell and demand to be allowed to join? I love me some late night cleaning. ???

Nah so check it, we got the bill with gratuity/tips added on to it. It was a big party and we were like yeah ok, that's fine it's added on nbd, we threw on a couple more bucks on top of that as we split.

The first receipts come back, I'm getting charged $16 extra tips that was written in by the waiter, everyone had like an extra $15 added and we all collectively go what the fuck. Get that check run again, we're not paying that shit someone else wrote in, fuck that noise.

In between another round of receipts getting printed, I get an alert on my phone that the whole total got dinged to my card and one other dude. We're like ah fuck no, other people are checking their online banking and they too get it so the good times come to a sudden end as we're being charged a couple grand when you add everyone's total up out of the blue, shit's was nonsense.
pause

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #5585 on: April 16, 2018, 06:03:07 PM »
sounds fishy as fuck. did they do anything to comp you for the inconvenience?

studyguy

« Reply #5586 on: April 16, 2018, 06:25:14 PM »
Got a fuckload of drinks but I was already pretty fucking mad from the $500 that wouldn't credit back till monday/tuesday so all I did was get into a shitty mood while drunk.
pause

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #5587 on: April 16, 2018, 06:26:20 PM »
I don't understand how you got charged on your CC without noticing what the amount was. Wut?

studyguy

« Reply #5588 on: April 16, 2018, 06:53:02 PM »
Nah, you guys are overthinking it.

Literally sitting at my chair at the table when they took our cards, processed, brought them back, all I saw was a receipt for my total of $60. Would have been a regular thing outside of that dude trying to cop some more tip he wrote in that we told him we weren't cool with.

Didn't sign anything else, didn't even SEE another receipt, but had an alert on my phone literally during the time when I had the $60 receipt in hand.
pause

Raist

« Reply #5589 on: April 17, 2018, 01:08:10 AM »
they took our cards, processed, brought them back

What the fuck :lol

Is this a muhrican thing? I guess that's why both Corporal and I were confused. That ain't how shit works in ye good ol' yurop.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #5590 on: April 17, 2018, 03:12:58 AM »
Usually they bring you the receipt and you write the amount you'll tip (assuming no gratuity) and then you sign on a line. If the check is split they bring you multiple receipts divided by dish or just evenly split in cost.

But this situation just sounds like the waiter was trying to slide in some extra tips by dividing it between each payer and then fucked up by charging each of you $500. :lol

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5591 on: April 17, 2018, 06:45:05 AM »
seeing a video of a band's reunion after just a five year hiatus or so has put a hundred pounds and grey hairs on the ones who went home to be family men while the ones who never stopped look like they haven't aged :fbm

spoiler (click to show/hide)
more proof as to not have loved ones sapping your precious life force :ohyeah
[close]

studyguy

« Reply #5592 on: April 17, 2018, 04:48:07 PM »
So 5 of the people in the group used that angry cac power of threatening bad yelp reviews and shit and we got the whole meal comped. Shits pretty fucking wild, I got a call from some manager named Anaretta saying that their establishment has been in the area for 15 years and this has never happened before, etc and everything.

The chargeback for the $500 was a given, now I got the $60 to boot.

This must be what they mean by white power.  :whoo
What a day.
pause

Raist

« Reply #5593 on: April 17, 2018, 05:55:44 PM »
Usually they bring you the receipt and you write the amount you'll tip (assuming no gratuity) and then you sign on a line. If the check is split they bring you multiple receipts divided by dish or just evenly split in cost.

But this situation just sounds like the waiter was trying to slide in some extra tips by dividing it between each payer and then fucked up by charging each of you $500. :lol

OK I think I'll spell it out  :lol

I haven't heard of someone taking your CC, go about their business, and bring your card + receipt back in... I dunno, 25 years? Possibly more? You know with like, PIN numbers and shit.

studyguy

« Reply #5594 on: April 17, 2018, 06:05:19 PM »

OK I think I'll spell it out  :lol
I haven't heard of someone taking your CC, go about their business, and bring your card + receipt back in... I dunno, 25 years? Possibly more? You know with like, PIN numbers and shit.

Nah it's a regular ass thing here, idk about outside the states, but deffo par the course for pretty much any sit down.

pause

studyguy

« Reply #5595 on: April 18, 2018, 03:50:05 PM »
My roommate was traveling for like two weeks, and so his cats went to live with his mom. Then when he got back last week, the cats stayed there a bit longer. Anyway he came home tonight, and a minute later I heard a meow. The cats are back, and it seems they still expect me to pet them. Just now I was sitting in my room, trying to practice a guitar song, and one of them got all up in my shit trying to solicit petting. It’s obnoxious.
Play your wonderwall later and pet the cat
pause

Raist

« Reply #5596 on: April 18, 2018, 03:52:15 PM »
My roommate was traveling for like two weeks, and so his cats went to live with his mom. Then when he got back last week, the cats stayed there a bit longer. Anyway he came home tonight, and a minute later I heard a meow. The cats are back, and it seems they still expect me to pet them. Just now I was sitting in my room, trying to practice a guitar song, and one of them got all up in my shit trying to solicit petting. It’s obnoxious.

What if I told you the cat voted for Hillary?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #5597 on: April 18, 2018, 04:05:45 PM »

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/943962537472688133

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5598 on: April 18, 2018, 04:29:42 PM »
So Jack Remington lives in the streets? I guess those Hillary checks didn't clear.  :-\
©@©™

Fifstar

« Reply #5599 on: April 19, 2018, 08:26:28 AM »
Chronoscopy is bad enough, but wait until you go through a urethrocystoscopy. Had that once done on me and unless I get diagnosed with cancer I won't go through that shit again.

Not only is the process among the most humilating medical stuff you can go thorugh as a man, what's even worse is that peeing for the next three days will feel like a stream of 3 inch glass shards is going through your dick. And you will pee a ton, because the pain gets even worse if your piss isn't crystal clear.

:kobeyuck :brazilcry
:takei
[close]

Sooo... i just had a small sample of blood in my piss which means I'll get to enjoy a urethrocystoscopy again soonish.  :'( :'( :'(

Guess I kinda deserve this one for trying to one up chrono there
Gulp

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5600 on: April 19, 2018, 11:41:28 AM »
Chronoscopy is bad enough, but wait until you go through a urethrocystoscopy. Had that once done on me and unless I get diagnosed with cancer I won't go through that shit again.

Not only is the process among the most humilating medical stuff you can go thorugh as a man, what's even worse is that peeing for the next three days will feel like a stream of 3 inch glass shards is going through your dick. And you will pee a ton, because the pain gets even worse if your piss isn't crystal clear.

:kobeyuck :brazilcry
:takei
[close]

Sooo... i just had a small sample of blood in my piss which means I'll get to enjoy a urethrocystoscopy again soonish.  :'( :'( :'(

Guess I kinda deserve this one for trying to one up chrono there

As I mentioned, I had a fiberscope a week later, so I managed to one-up myself before you zapped me, so it's all a festival of self-sabotage and fuckery.

Let us be kind to each other…

skullstorm

« Reply #5601 on: April 19, 2018, 01:04:39 PM »
Goddammit the new Chrome update on Android moved the address bar back to the top of the screen and I'm so accustomed to it being on the bottom that I feel like I can't function at all anymore. It's so hard to switch tabs now  :six:

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #5602 on: April 19, 2018, 03:26:15 PM »
I'm not opposed to petting cats in the abstract.
I actually spat my coffee out reading this
每天生气

Corporal

« Reply #5603 on: April 19, 2018, 05:36:54 PM »
Friendly cats are awesome. What's next, Jack, are you gonna complain that they DON'T poop on your pillows or piss in your shoes?  ;)

Classic Corporal Moment of the week:
Came home after a hellish day. Put down bag with junk in my entranceway, made mental note to move it out of the way before going to bed.

Didn't.

Went for a piss at night, stumbled over bag on the way to the toilet, moved bag via percussive locomotion (unwise, bag is heavy and spiky).

Then, stumbled over the freshly relocated bag on my way back. Left a nice trail of blood droplets back to the bed because I didn't notice a tiny abrasion.

Need time machine to travel back in time. Need to kick own ass.
!list

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #5604 on: April 19, 2018, 05:55:57 PM »
god i hate xkcd or whatever that stupid """"comic"""" is called

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5605 on: April 19, 2018, 11:51:37 PM »
Kitties are born to lay on stuff, please

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5606 on: April 20, 2018, 12:42:00 AM »
If my first meeting is before 7am and you call a meeting at 9:30pm, you can expect me to pay exactly 0% attention at the 9:30 meeting.
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5607 on: April 20, 2018, 12:17:48 PM »
If my first meeting is before 7am and you call a meeting at 9:30pm, you can expect me to pay exactly 0% attention at the 9:30 meeting.

Holy cow. Who does that?

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5608 on: April 20, 2018, 12:28:34 PM »

Holy cow. Who does that?
Based on my experience, we do it for online calls with far east countries.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5609 on: April 20, 2018, 01:47:31 PM »
Yeah Beijing is 11 hours ahead of me.  The last time I had a late evening call was with our group in China.  They tend to get into work at 9am  but don't want to take calls as soon as they get in and for some reason we always give in and so we are having calls at 9pm so that they don't have to go out of their way to get on the call.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5610 on: April 20, 2018, 07:21:12 PM »
Yeah Beijing is 11 hours ahead of me.  The last time I had a late evening call was with our group in China.  They tend to get into work at 9am  but don't want to take calls as soon as they get in and for some reason we always give in and so we are having calls at 9pm so that they don't have to go out of their way to get on the call.

In my case, it's always been the Japanese company I work at going out of its way for the western client, so we had early meetings, not late ones. I only had one project dealing with both GMT+0 and GMT-7, from my GMT+9 location; it was challenging.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5611 on: April 22, 2018, 10:23:15 AM »
  • trains accepting my Kansai region IC card for transit, no problem
  • try to purchase things at cafeteria with IC card, won't work, it's the wrong region
  • pay ¥500 base fee for new Kanto region IC card, charge prepaid so I can eat
  • try to pass through train gate, fifth day I've done it, but IC card (linked to CC) suddenly doesn't work (still not sure why)
  • decide it's time to buy monthly train pass for new job
  • first attempt to purchase, accidentally pass over step to print receipt, start ove
  • 2nd attempt, properly choose to print receipt, but now machine won't take CC without PIN
  • can't remember my PIN
  • purchase prepaid prepaid charge on correct-region IC card, gonna get cash at end station, purchase monthly pass there
  • end station's ATM won't take my Japanese bank card
  • withdraw money from USA account to purchase monthly pass
  • end station's automated machine won't accept my current, correct-region IC card as viable
  • wait until next day, bring cash and correct-region IC card to previous station, everything finally works

??? :maf  ::) :japancry

skullstorm

« Reply #5612 on: April 22, 2018, 02:10:08 PM »
I just noticed a darkish line running across my fingernail and got flashbacks to a story of a woman who had a similar but much darker line on her nail and it turned out to be cancer that had already spread to her lymph nodes.. Soooo.... cancer?

I guess it could be a lot of other, less harmful things but I'm still calling a doctor tomorrow to see if I can get it looked at. I also have some other weird skin conditions I've been meaning to get checked out. I've thought they might all be skin cancer so let's see if it was all just hypochondria on my part or if I'm actually already dead  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5613 on: April 23, 2018, 01:01:06 PM »
Two good ones in a row just now:

I'm currently the only one in the office and was talking to someone on the phone when a secretary walks in.  She borrowed a laptop a week or so ago.  Despite my clearly being on the line with someone, she complains that "you guys should check these things before you give them out.  THE SCREEN WAS FILTHY.  FILTHY!!!" and leaves.  I open the laptop and the screen has what looks like 'fresh' sweat all over it.   :yuck  I set this up for her and I know it didn't look like that when I took it out of the equipment closet.  :doge  Regardless, I don't know how the hell she worked on it that way.  Why wouldn't you CLEAN IT off?

Then I get the following phone call:

Her: WHAT ARE THESE PROMPTS ON MY SCREEN???  IT SAYS IT NEEDS TO INSTALL UPDATES AND RESTART.
Me: Yes, that's normal.  There were updates pushed out last week--
Her: THIS IS A NEW LAPTOP.  IT'S NEW.  WHY DOES MY NEW LAPTOP NEED UPDATES?!?!?!?!??! :maf :maf :maf
Me: :dead
Uh...Updates happen all the time.  This is normal.
Her: I'VE NEVER HAD THEM BEFORE. 
Me: We have always had them pushed out this way.
Her: WELL IT'S INTERRUPTING MY WORK AND SAYING IT WILL RESTART.  WHY IS THIS?!?!

I start explaining that this is an automatic process and sometimes you have to restart to finish the installs/updates.  Mid-sentence she goes "I SEE THE OPTION TO RESTART I'LL DO THAT NOW" and hangs up.

:dizzy
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:05:39 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5614 on: April 23, 2018, 02:10:02 PM »
One of my roommate's cats will now meow outside my bedroom door to be let in and sleep in my bed when my roommate is away  :-\

It's his room now.
:ufup
ど助平

Raist

« Reply #5615 on: April 23, 2018, 04:00:22 PM »
Let that bitch sleep in your bed, fuccboi.

Correction, Jack is the bitch now.

Corporal

« Reply #5616 on: April 24, 2018, 11:15:07 AM »
I'm half expecting an IT crowd "The cat is now upon my person" post from Jack in the coming days.

Maybe followed by a "cats are awesome, mice are delicious, I am totally not a cat wearing Jack's hollowed out corpse" for good measure.

Sitting in one of the main McD's here in Munich (Stachus) and the free WiFi is terrible. They even fuck with IPsec (IKEv2) VPNs. How DARE they.  >:(
!list

Raist

« Reply #5617 on: April 24, 2018, 01:32:18 PM »
I'm half expecting an IT crowd "The cat is now upon my person" post from Jack in the coming days.

Maybe followed by a "cats are awesome, mice are delicious, I am totally not a cat wearing Jack's hollowed out corpse" for good measure.

Sitting in one of the main McD's here in Munich (Stachus) and the free WiFi is terrible. They even fuck with IPsec (IKEv2) VPNs. How DARE they.  >:(

More like:

"Dear human acquaintances of Jack's,

Jack will now take a bit of a break from the internet.
Do not worry, he is doing well and adapting perfectly to his new sleeping spot on the floor.

He will be extremely busy in the next few weeks, as he needs to buy me a tree, find me a suitable companion to satisfy my mating instincts, and take care of the groceries - especially fresh tuna, and ham.

Meow,
Jack's owner."

EVOL

« Reply #5618 on: April 24, 2018, 02:31:16 PM »
I was attacked in the middle of the night by a centipede while I was sleeping.

It wasn't one of those cute little house centipedes, it was a giant centipede, those reddish brown motherfuckers that are so big you can actually hear their little legs scratching the floorboards. I think this one was about 10cm long, not the biggest one I've seen but certainly not the smallest one.

After spraying the shit out of it with pesticide to slow it down I dealt the coup de grace by smashing it with a dumbbell. Cleaning up the gigantic mess of centipede guts was almost as painful as actually killing the fucker. I'm literally shaking right now.
  :trigger

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5619 on: April 24, 2018, 02:49:43 PM »
I was attacked in the middle of the night by a centipede while I was sleeping.

It wasn't one of those cute little house centipedes, it was a giant centipede, those reddish brown motherfuckers that are so big you can actually hear their little legs scratching the floorboards. I think this one was about 10cm long, not the biggest one I've seen but certainly not the smallest one.

After spraying the shit out of it with pesticide to slow it down I dealt the coup de grace by smashing it with a dumbbell. Cleaning up the gigantic mess of centipede guts was almost as painful as actually killing the fucker. I'm literally shaking right now.
  :trigger

Let that bitch sleep in your bed, fuccboi.
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5620 on: April 24, 2018, 04:12:49 PM »
Sick and stressed.  Fuck this shit. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5621 on: April 24, 2018, 06:05:14 PM »
Sick and stressed.  Fuck this shit.

:-\

Hang in there, Dandy. You're a good dude, and nothing is as bad as it seems.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5622 on: April 24, 2018, 10:12:33 PM »
So tired and I still have so much work due tomorrow...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5623 on: April 27, 2018, 12:59:45 PM »
I NEED MY PST FILE BACK ON MY PC NOW.
Ok, what's it called?
I DON'T KNOW
Where is it?
I DON'T KNOW
What's inside it?
I DON'T KNOW
OK, let me search the folder it might be in for PST files.  There's five.
IT MUST BE THREE OF THOSE.
OK, let's load them into your Outlook.
IT'S NONE OF THESE.
You're not clicking on the folders inside the PST mailboxes, so it's just showing your Inbox.
NO THAT'S NOT IT.  IT'S NONE OF THOSE.
Uh...
I NEED THAT PST BECAUSE I CAN'T WORK WITHOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :punch
ど助平

Corporal

« Reply #5624 on: April 27, 2018, 03:07:22 PM »
Bought the wrong kind of onions, apparently. Now I'm gassy as fuck.

toot.

toot.

ASS GAS FOR EVERYONE!
!list

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5625 on: April 27, 2018, 03:11:33 PM »
Working so much over time it’d a struggle if I didn’t appreciate the extra pay so much

Quaker

« Reply #5626 on: April 29, 2018, 07:06:56 PM »

Never seen Ticketmaster be this flagrant before.

It wouldn't be so bad if they would just never show the bullshit pre-fee price.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5627 on: April 29, 2018, 09:29:36 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

At least you're getting free Will Call. :rejoice
©@©™

Cryo

« Reply #5628 on: April 29, 2018, 10:42:48 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Planned to cop Janelle Monae tickets. $50 floor tickets, $15 service fee, $10 "order processing fee"  :neogaf :trigger :trigger :trigger

Easiest $225 I didn't spend in my life. Sorry queen

shosta

« Reply #5629 on: May 01, 2018, 03:38:42 PM »
It's been two weeks since I signed my offer and I'm still waiting on a background check so I can't start. Also no one will give me an update. :goty2

I started this application process back in March  :rkelly

Also bank fraud swiped away this month's rent right when I needed it :lawd
每天生气

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5630 on: May 01, 2018, 07:45:29 PM »
Pretty sure you're in STRUGGLE territory now.  :-\

shosta

« Reply #5631 on: May 02, 2018, 04:10:17 AM »
Pretty sure you're in STRUGGLE territory now.  :-\
on the bright side in a few days I won't have to worry about getting called back by them because I can't afford my cell phone bill anymore
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #5632 on: May 02, 2018, 07:07:43 PM »
Went in and fucking demanded they give me my job, background check or not, so someone lied to me and said it came back today and I start Friday (third time I've been told this). Lesson here is that the no one is looking out for you in life except yourself.
每天生气

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #5633 on: May 02, 2018, 07:09:03 PM »
Woop! That's how you do it.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #5634 on: May 02, 2018, 07:53:16 PM »
Goulash came out terrible tonight  :'(

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5635 on: May 02, 2018, 07:57:40 PM »
Sorry about your goulash.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5636 on: May 02, 2018, 08:02:09 PM »
I decided it was time I clean out my Rock playlist of 1700+ songs cause it's too big to handle and my moods too variable to split it up.
Now I'm like "Wait, I can't rid of this song it has like 10 good seconds!" :brazilcry
que

shosta

« Reply #5637 on: May 02, 2018, 08:09:06 PM »
Puppy, for real, sometimes I just load up Eriatarka, skip to the chorus to listen to it exactly once, and then shut it off.
每天生气

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5638 on: May 02, 2018, 08:09:09 PM »
I got a call last week from someone saying "Hey we need some help with our data science team."
I was like "OK, I'm listening"
Got a call today from the same person saying "Actually, nevermind."
I thought that was weird.
Actually looked them up in LinkedIn, saw their employer and then the news.

https://ca-commercial.com/news/cambridge-analytica-and-scl-elections-commence-insolvency-proceedings-and-release-results-3

Welp, I guess I'm flattered that an infamous company thought I was a possible candidate :yeshrug

que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5639 on: May 02, 2018, 09:19:25 PM »
Puppy, for real, sometimes I just load up Eriatarka, skip to the chorus to listen to it exactly once, and then shut it off.
WTF IS THIS?!
que