Author Topic: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo  (Read 615850 times)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Re: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo
« Reply #5520 on: July 31, 2020, 06:15:25 PM »
iirc when Sean Taylor was murdered players were given special dispensation to honor him with a helmet number decal at their discretion after the week in which every team did it. That's what Jake had requested and was denied.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5521 on: July 31, 2020, 06:23:42 PM »
Oh god I saw an excerpt of Stefan Molyneux with Jared Taylor...

Quote from: paraphrasing but fairly close
"I cannot stop to think that if I lived in a completely white society, we wouldn't hear about the evils of whitey and we could actually discuss the ideas"

:neogaf
ὕβρις

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #5522 on: July 31, 2020, 06:26:35 PM »
Taylor died a few years after Tillman and Goodell had replaced Tagliabue in the meantime, so that could be a factor.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5523 on: July 31, 2020, 06:42:55 PM »
ὕβρις

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #5524 on: July 31, 2020, 06:44:09 PM »
I don't get Dave Rubin's turn or evolution of whatever you want to call it. Dude knows he's a grifter. But being another reactionary conservative voice is a really crowded field.

---- :nsfw
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 06:56:43 PM by Tripon »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5525 on: July 31, 2020, 07:06:12 PM »
 :lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5526 on: July 31, 2020, 07:15:45 PM »
I don't get Dave Rubin's turn or evolution of whatever you want to call it. Dude knows he's a grifter. But being another reactionary conservative voice is a really crowded field.

I think the slope is more slippery than it appears.
You see it with Alex Jones who cannot leave the Trump train and has been forced to strip down all the sugarcoating and libertarian pretense to his core racism and bigotry. It's more truthful, certainly, but obviously a less comfortable position than the "apolitical, both sides, impartial" perch that Jones, and on another manner Rubin, acted like they were on. They very deliberately cultivated a certain audience (+ spicy relationships) and are now forced to follow it in lockstep as it gravitates to the much larger star of Trump.

I'm sure Rubin and a few others will wash their hands of the whole thing and pivot at the 25th hour if Trump loses, but it's too early to say if it's "safe" to do so.
ὕβρις

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #5527 on: July 31, 2020, 07:59:05 PM »
Hadn’t checked out Ben in a while, I guess he believes Covid wasn’t the reason Cain died  :dead

https://grrrgraphics.com/herman-cain-rip

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5528 on: August 01, 2020, 08:39:45 AM »
https://twitter.com/theammind/status/1289316162841350144

The soul of liberalism, the esteemed institutions of the New York Times and Yale University are lost—forever. Their essence has been drained and replaced with Leftism. As David Burge elegantly puts it, our institutions have been killed, gutted, and will now be worn as a carcass in a demand for respect. This all happened while liberals stood idly by, content to see folks like Rubin and Peterson eaten alive for moving away from the Left.

Eaten alive by... Positive media coverage.  :ohyou

While ranting about this topic—my primary writing process—I spoke with a friend in the academy. He mentioned that the dividing line isn’t between Left and Right. It’s between the Woke and the non-Woke. That’s correct, and it does—or should—transcend political parties.

Wasn't it Globalists Vs Anti-Globalists ? :confused

And if you work in the media ecosystem under a banner that isn’t explicitly conservative, just try to walk into your office tomorrow and make the case that maybe you should run a truly conservative op-ed by a Republican Senator, even if it’s a viewpoint 58% of Americans agree with. Just see what happens.

:badass

But a few brave souls have almost figured out that they need to switch teams or at least begin to befriend conservatives. Take J.K. Rowling, slowly getting red-pilled on trans issues.

:comeon

Normally I would be gloating. But this is one of those rare times when I am not.

:engel
ὕβρις

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #5529 on: August 01, 2020, 12:45:48 PM »
"ringing the alarms against Woke intolerance for years as conservatives were exiled from elite institutions"

Amazing chutzpah to commission that piece from someone who lost a spot at Harvard for constantly using the n word.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5530 on: August 01, 2020, 12:53:21 PM »
"ringing the alarms against Woke intolerance for years as conservatives were exiled from elite institutions"

Amazing chutzpah to commission that piece from someone who lost a spot at Harvard for constantly using the n word.

Also the top headline on the site was "CANCEL THE NYT" which is an essay linked elsewhere. I'm sure it's a cheeky title but you know.

And a guy constantly gloating by his own admission really elicits respect and sympathy.  :brain
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5531 on: August 01, 2020, 12:58:34 PM »
Quote from: Vox article linked by Mandark
Loomer, Cernovich, and others like them see Kashuv as a sellout too cozy with the Republican establishment, and saw this as an opportunity to hurt him. Loomer even started a Change.org petition to get Harvard to rescind his admission.

Ah yes, woke leftists Ceviche and Looper.  :cenk
ὕβρις

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #5532 on: August 01, 2020, 01:01:50 PM »
Kashuv talking about cancel culture while eliding the details of his own experience with it reminds me of this all-timer:

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1050391663552671744

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #5533 on: August 01, 2020, 01:53:47 PM »
Speaking of frozen peaches, I'm keeping my eye on Yashca Mounk. I really think he's got a North American rookie of the year season in him. (He's been posting idiot Europe content for years.)

https://twitter.com/Yascha_Mounk/status/1289333770370203650

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #5534 on: August 01, 2020, 02:00:42 PM »
On Twitter he's really gone from a minor figure to being an omnipresent quote-tweet dunk victim. Ditto with TCW.

If you're a professional writer and every day you're explaining how most of your audience has misinterpreted what you said, how long until you consider the possibility that you're not very good at your job?

Mandark

• Icon

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5538 on: August 01, 2020, 10:33:13 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #5541 on: August 02, 2020, 01:32:31 PM »

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>

Tripon

« Reply #5543 on: August 02, 2020, 02:12:55 PM »
Is there a reason why the Brits are going as anti-mask as the Americans crazies are?

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #5544 on: August 02, 2020, 02:15:21 PM »
middle class whites throwing fits
:hmm

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #5545 on: August 02, 2020, 02:16:50 PM »
both countries have insane racist murdoch press operations

you can take that as either causation or as an indicator of similar underlying pathologies, but either way it seems relevant

Kara

« Reply #5547 on: August 02, 2020, 02:17:09 PM »
If you're a professional writer and every day you're explaining how most of your audience has misinterpreted what you said, how long until you consider the possibility that you're not very good at your job?

When you believe you are a firebrand with controversial but true beliefs the fact that they are misunderstood just proves your point. That clique is as much of an echo chamber as any other they decry.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #5548 on: August 02, 2020, 02:34:59 PM »
Right.

The next layer is that they want all moral satisfaction of being a truth-telling iconoclast without any of the difficulty or discomfort that comes with the role. Everyone wants to be a heretic but nobody wants to be a heretic.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #5549 on: August 02, 2020, 02:48:33 PM »
Laura Loomer is constantly risking incarceration for the right to express her views :bolo
每天生气

Tripon

« Reply #5550 on: August 02, 2020, 03:01:06 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 05:51:51 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5554 on: August 03, 2020, 09:14:20 AM »
:neogaf
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5555 on: August 03, 2020, 10:11:55 AM »
Did he just re-invent trailer parks?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5556 on: August 03, 2020, 11:47:37 AM »
Living in your car.
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #5557 on: August 03, 2020, 12:14:23 PM »
this is like when some tech bro (might have been elon musk even, i can't remember who it was) accidentally reinvented buses :lol
(ice)

BisMarckie

« Reply #5558 on: August 03, 2020, 12:27:33 PM »
this is like when some tech bro (might have been elon musk even, i can't remember who it was) accidentally reinvented buses :lol

Imagine a bus, but instead of some overpaid muncipality worker, you recruit from the gig economy and the passenger can also rate their experience in an app. :aah

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #5560 on: August 03, 2020, 01:04:26 PM »
 :snoop

https://m.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5561 on: August 03, 2020, 01:04:35 PM »
dying just the front part of your beard and having grey stubble all over your neck is not a good look
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Skullfuckers Anonymous

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5564 on: August 03, 2020, 06:33:46 PM »
Scott Adams is really the wankest of dad to me. I honestly didn't know which tweet to pick for here, I was originally looking for one where that Florida pro-Trump as in Spanish (with numerous typos in subtitles...) about how Biden promised a black VP and not a Latino one was a GAME CHANGER. Getting there I was welcomed by his musings on how old white males were the real victims when it came to professional promotions, him among the martyrs of affirmative actions (Including Dilbert being moved from his slot to another for an "all black block" which KILLED THE SERIES :( :( ).

I think he's as disingenuous and manic as Bill Mitchell but certainly not as vulgar. There's the same delusions of being a prophet with a supernatural ability to divine the zeitgeist. There's also the pretense of being a philosopher or a rhetorician plus a vast overestimation of his grasp of science than most of the IDW, but he's uniquely weird and cranky in his mad tangents.

All because he wrote a successful comic strip.

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1290274821503242240

In other news a lot of the usual suspects are saying the bodycam footage of G.Floyd's death changes everything and the media is ignoring it. Adams obliged in retweeting a handful of them because of course.
ὕβρις

Oblivion

« Reply #5565 on: August 03, 2020, 07:48:07 PM »
how do teachers kill black people exactly?  :doge

In other news a lot of the usual suspects are saying the bodycam footage of G.Floyd's death changes everything and the media is ignoring it. Adams obliged in retweeting a handful of them because of course.

i saw the video. so....how exactly are these idiots saying it exonerates chauvin?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5566 on: August 03, 2020, 07:54:06 PM »

Slamming them to the ground and kneeling on their necks....oh wait, I'm thinking of cops.
©@©™

Tripon

« Reply #5567 on: August 03, 2020, 07:57:23 PM »
Black and brown students on average do have higher rates of suspension and expulsion and there's always the talk of school to prison pipeline. Scott Adams still has no fucking idea what he's talking about.

Oblivion

« Reply #5568 on: August 03, 2020, 08:12:49 PM »
yeah, somehow i doubt scott's arguing that teachers are suspending/expelling/recommending jail time to black kids too much
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 08:32:42 PM by Oblivion »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5569 on: August 03, 2020, 08:37:59 PM »
whoreshu theory  ;)

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #5570 on: August 03, 2020, 08:42:27 PM »
There's the same delusions of being a prophet with a supernatural ability to divine the zeitgeist.

Adams went from "I'm not saying Trump is right on the substance, I'm just saying he's a master of techniques of rhetoric and persuasion" to "Trump is right, and the fact that most people disapprove of him proves the existence of a mass delusion."

Guess Trump forgot how to persuade people.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5572 on: August 04, 2020, 01:23:04 AM »

i saw the video. so....how exactly are these idiots saying it exonerates chauvin?

It's the same shit as before ("he was high, he OD'ed actually, he was non compliant, the officers were patient..."). They seem to think that it proves there was no intent to murder and it's important somehow and not at all a strawman misrepresenting the grievances with police brutality.
ὕβρις

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Oblivion

« Reply #5574 on: August 04, 2020, 02:54:49 AM »
ngl, i think i'd hate shapiro a whole lot less if he replaced talking with singing

Kara

« Reply #5575 on: August 04, 2020, 03:03:56 AM »
Speaking of the Shapiro clan, this feels way more "letter of the law but not the spirit of the law" than eating quinoa during Passover.

https://twitter.com/classicallyabby/status/1289244598150156289

I'm not much of one to judge, of course. :dolezal

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #5576 on: August 04, 2020, 03:09:08 AM »
ngl, i think i'd hate shapiro a whole lot less if he replaced talking with singing

amazed that shapiro's on video doing a showtune and it's not modern major-general

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #5577 on: August 04, 2020, 05:19:12 AM »
Holy shit these people are embarassing. How do you guys handle watching this stuff? I can't imagine listening to Ben Shapiro for more than a few seconds at a time, let alone seeking it out.

And his sister lol. #conservativeinfluencer Even though it's only conservatives, I feel sorry for the people getting grifted by these losers

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5578 on: August 04, 2020, 05:37:02 AM »
Speaking of the Shapiro clan, this feels way more "letter of the law but not the spirit of the law" than eating quinoa during Passover.

https://twitter.com/classicallyabby/status/1289244598150156289

I'm not much of one to judge, of course. :dolezal

Dogma don't care about your facts.
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5579 on: August 04, 2020, 05:40:08 AM »
Fem Shapiro -> Ben Shapiro
🤴