Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 944252 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: When It Reigns, It Bores
« Reply #6240 on: May 14, 2019, 09:38:13 PM »
Watched the Tom Magee special and that was a damn good match. It's pretty crazy to see a guy of his size flipping around in the 80s. Just kinda weird that he kinda hung around WWE for years doing dark matches and then left. Him saying he never heard anything about being the next Hogan was pretty crazy, maybe he'd have stuck around. Also I liked Davey Boy Jr's impression of Bret. :lol

« Reply #6241 on: May 14, 2019, 09:48:08 PM »
Watched the Tom Magee special and that was a damn good match. It's pretty crazy to see a guy of his size flipping around in the 80s. Just kinda weird that he kinda hung around WWE for years doing dark matches and then left. Him saying he never heard anything about being the next Hogan was pretty crazy, maybe he'd have stuck around. Also I liked Davey Boy Jr's impression of Bret. :lol

I was surprised at how much I liked this documentary. It feels incomplete, certainly, but the WWE did a good job of setting the scene and letting us know why this match was a curiosity.

I won't spoil anything, but the show held my attention, and I'm far from a hardcore fan. Also, X-Pac's comatose dog was highly amusing.

Also: The Kabuki warriors makes me sad.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6242 on: May 14, 2019, 10:05:18 PM »
X-Pac turning into a guy who has to have his little dog with him everywhere is something I never saw coming

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6244 on: May 14, 2019, 11:00:05 PM »
Or when he had Kaientai fake lip sync while Bruce Prichard did a dubbed over english promo live

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6245 on: May 14, 2019, 11:08:08 PM »
Or when he had Kaientai fake lip sync while Bruce Prichard did a dubbed over english promo live

EVIL!  INDEED!

How about CHOPPY CHOPPY YOUR PEE PEE?

ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6246 on: May 15, 2019, 09:03:25 AM »
Looks like they will be using their streaming site BR Live to stream PPVs but aren't being clear if that will include the weekly show too or what the price will be. For the soccer stuff on there its $80 a year or $10 a month.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6247 on: May 15, 2019, 09:27:52 AM »
Will this stand a better chance of going somewhere than TNA Impact has?
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6248 on: May 15, 2019, 10:24:32 AM »
probably. tnt is in more homes than usa is (less than fox of course) so that's a good start. also tnt/khans are probably more willing to throw money at this than panda/spike ever were.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #6249 on: May 15, 2019, 03:51:06 PM »
Man, I watched a 2001 Nitro last night that featured a HALF HOUR PLUS funeral for Goldberg's career and it was better than Raw's been the past month.
serge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6250 on: May 15, 2019, 03:53:57 PM »
Apparently everyone's favorite, BARON CORBIN, is in line for a big push and feud with Seth Rollins for the title.

:neogaf

At least drop the "I dress like I'm the GM even though I'm back to straight-up wrasslin'" look, plz.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 05:58:09 PM by bork »
ど助平

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #6251 on: May 16, 2019, 01:29:49 AM »
The Baron Corbin push is fascinating.  I almost have to believe it's legitimate trolling the audience, if spiteful instead of lighthearted trolling.

I mean Vince spent 4-5 years pushing Roman like that, why not spend the same amount of time trying to get Corbin to have actual heel heat as opposed to Xpac heat?
yar

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6252 on: May 16, 2019, 08:42:06 AM »
I dunno, that new gimmick they are working up for him seems good. Very excited to see him fight Goldberg in Saudiland

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6253 on: May 16, 2019, 09:39:00 AM »
https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/1128571756472668160

So...they still didn't get the name they wanted.  :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6254 on: May 16, 2019, 09:40:02 AM »
Tuesday's Smackdown Live was down in viewership numbers, generating 1.827 million viewers down from last week's 1.931 and slightly lower than the 1.833 two weeks ago, which up until Tuesday was the least watched Smackdown since the 2016 brand split and move to live shows.   The 2018 edition drew 2.175 million and the 2017 edition was watched by 2.348 million.

On the night, Smackdown dropped all the way to #13 in total viewership and it even faltered in the 18-49 demographic, where the show finished #6.   It was beat by an NBA playoff game, an NHL playoff game, SportsCenter, the NBA Draft Lottery show and an NBA pre-show.   

Meanwhile, Miz & Mrs. was up in viewership numbers, being watched by 1.009 million compared to 898,000 the week before.  It's only the second time the show has topped a million viewers this season and the first time in the last four weeks.

:rollsafe
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6255 on: May 16, 2019, 09:42:54 AM »
Lars got fined and apologized to the roster over his comments online from nine years ago.  I bet if he were cruiserweight-size, he would have been fired immediately.

On the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, it was noted that WWE ended up fining Lars Sullivan $100,000 and putting him into sensitivity training due to some backlash and complaints from sponsors.    When that happened, WWE felt they had to publicly take action but weren’t interested in releasing Sullivan outright.  As a result, a significant $100,000 fine was levied.

It was also stated that it is a steep fine (one of the largest in history that the company has announced) and a good part of Sullivan’s yearly salary and definitely in the range of what he made last year in NXT.   Dave Meltzer speculated that WWE will likely allow Lars to pay the fine over instalments by taking it out of his pay check and he confirmed that the fine is “real” despite some online speculation that it was made up.

The dirt sheets are also pointing out that Lio Rush has removed any mention of "WWE" from his social media. :thinking

ど助平

TVC15

« Reply #6256 on: May 16, 2019, 12:45:42 PM »
Stro or bork, find me the worst or most bizarre WCW Nitro or Thunder episode and I will watch it tonight.
serge

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #6257 on: May 16, 2019, 02:42:02 PM »
Ooh, find the episode where big Kev was brought in to commentate cause he'd booked himself a retirement angle. :lol Might have been a Thunder, but same thing really.
Hi

TVC15

« Reply #6258 on: May 16, 2019, 03:14:49 PM »
Nitro:

9/23/96

3/8/99

5/31/99 or 6/7/99

Really all Nitros between late March and October of 1999 are just awful not even in the lmao Russo way, but the Jesus fuck Kevin Nash way.

4/10/00 The Bischoff/Russo reboot

I'm assuming you can pick just about any show in 00 and 01 and it's going to be terrible. Thunder was always trash so pick literally any episode.

Ooooo, what’s the 96 one? I’m surprised to see one of the worst that early.
serge

« Reply #6259 on: May 16, 2019, 05:44:21 PM »
https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/1128571756472668160

So...they still didn't get the name they wanted.  :doge

They also didn't get a manager they needed.

Paige wasn't a good wrestler and now she's not a good manager.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6260 on: May 17, 2019, 10:15:15 AM »
Nikki Cross replacing Alexa (who has a concussion) in the MITB match

https://twitter.com/NikkiCrossWWE/status/1129150093062549508

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6261 on: May 17, 2019, 10:46:56 AM »
nope. of the tag division, only the SD titles are being defended.

e: wait no that's a non-title match on the preshow for some reason? so no tag titles are being defended. :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6262 on: May 17, 2019, 11:30:26 AM »
QUEENS :heartbeat

i dunno if it's still the case but i saw someone pointed out that the wwe title was defended more times than the universal title on raw since wm :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6263 on: May 17, 2019, 11:38:35 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6265 on: May 17, 2019, 01:26:52 PM »
Cagesideseats.com:

Shane McMahon pitches ideas for himself but “they rarely get used,” says the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. They also say Stephanie McMahon has nothing to do with creative right now.

Take this with a few extra grains of salt, but a caller to PW Torch’s Wade Keller Pro Wrestling Post-Show claiming to be friends with three WWE writers said, “The most frustrated person in the back every single night is Triple H.”

Sometimes where there is smoke, there is also a whole lot of fire.

Despite being the largest professional wrestling promotion in human history, WWE is not immune to outside noise. It feels like WWE has been fighting uphill ever since WrestleMania 35.

Television ratings are down across the board, injuries are hitting more often than not, creative is in a funk, some talent is unhappy, and other talent is flat out leaving the promotion. These are just a few of WWE’s current issues. Another big problem when all of these elements are added together is more people are talking about what WWE is doing away from the ring rather than what goes down between the ropes on a weekly basis.

This surge of negative momentum, left unchecked, is a path WWE probably does not want to stare down for too long. Recent rumors of creative tensions between Vince McMahon and Triple H may be a symptom or cause of WWE’s recent run of missteps.

In the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required and encouraged) Dave Meltzer reports on recent creative clashes between Triple H and McMahon.

“Paul Levesque, while never saying anything publicly, those close to the situation say he’s very frustrated with how things are going on the main roster. One person noted that a big problem isn’t Vince not being open to suggestions, but that they believe he’s far too open these days to suggestions and that it ends up watering down all the original visions and storylines. We’re told that there has been too much input from too many people on the team who haven’t figured out that when you change something in a story, it has a ripple effect on every aspect of the story. He solicits input on so much from so many people that it leads to things being watered down.”
Meltzer would also go on to add that there is great concern within WWE about how the XFL will affect both McMahon’s workload as well as his creative decisions.

---

So we have agents/writers who quit and now rumors that nobody is doing anything but Vince.  No wonder it sucks so bad right now.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6268 on: May 18, 2019, 12:45:58 AM »
overdose?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6269 on: May 18, 2019, 07:53:42 PM »
Tony Khan got a little Vince attitude in him and told PAC to GTFO? I like it.

That being said, they were booking Hangman Page to win over PAC? :rofl

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6270 on: May 18, 2019, 08:10:23 PM »
some people online speculating it's a visa thing but i feel like it'd be easier to just say that if it was the case. also i like the people calling for jon moxley like page beating him would make any more sense :lol
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 08:15:44 PM by nachobro »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6271 on: May 18, 2019, 08:22:30 PM »
i guess we'll see if any other wrestlers drop out. holy shit that would be a massive blowup if they had a bunch of visas denied

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6272 on: May 18, 2019, 08:26:41 PM »
Jericho at least lives in the US but goddamn that'd be hilarious

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6273 on: May 18, 2019, 08:33:33 PM »
guess all those wcw comparisons were more on point than anticipated

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6274 on: May 18, 2019, 09:12:40 PM »
I'm sure the folks who bought the $50 (lmao) non-refundable PPV see it as a great thing too :lol

nachobro

• Live Más

Trent Dole

« Reply #6276 on: May 19, 2019, 03:23:56 PM »
I SAID DID YOU FORGET YOUR SCISSORS?!
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6277 on: May 19, 2019, 07:21:10 PM »
MITB opens with an injury (angle?) already.  :lol

Did Mandy hurt Carmella or was Carmella just pissed that Mandy didn't realize she was legit hurt?  Her pushing Mandy away a couple of times while Mandy looked lost was so awkward.  Didn't look like a work.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6278 on: May 19, 2019, 07:25:14 PM »
Bayley wins.  That was pretty quick.
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #6279 on: May 19, 2019, 09:07:05 PM »
I'm ok with it. Fuck yr blondes KD. :punch
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6280 on: May 19, 2019, 10:39:14 PM »
Brock from out of nowhere to win mitb  :lol

:neogaf
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #6281 on: May 19, 2019, 10:42:20 PM »
I kind of thought Brock was done forever and was more than fine with that. :maf
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6282 on: May 20, 2019, 12:26:08 AM »
What a weird PPV that was.  There were what...four matches that barely counted as actual bouts?  Roman/Elias was a squash.  Elias singing lasted way longer, lol.  The Charlotte/Becky felt like a segment on Raw, but hey, Bayley cashing in was fun to see.  And then Rey/Joe ended really quickly, but that one was understandable since Joe broke his nose.  Those two just have bad luck in matches with each other, holy shit.  And then the racist bigot Lars attack on the Lucha House Party...because why not? 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6283 on: May 20, 2019, 12:34:14 AM »
ど助平

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #6284 on: May 20, 2019, 01:47:42 AM »
Vince doesn't know how to quit Bork. Sigh. Somehow WWE figured out how to be more disappointing and make less sense than the GoT series finale. GOOD JORB.
yar

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6286 on: May 20, 2019, 07:52:03 AM »
I liked MITB til that ending. Bork coming back for no reason is hilariously stupid but definitely makes sense if you consider all Vince wants at this point is to pop ratings on Raw.

WWE seemingly bringing back the hardcore title is :lol but maybe the 24/7 rule could lead to some funny bits

Also: https://old.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/bqtznh/meltzer_on_wor_a_lot_of_people_are/
A lot of people are misinterpreting the situation, PAC was always supposed to beat Page. The issue was that the match would lead to PAC vs. Omega, which they didn't want Omega to lose, so they cancelled it

is that supposed to be a better reason to cancel a headlining match a week before the show when you knew that would happen months ago?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 08:02:06 AM by nachobro »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6287 on: May 20, 2019, 01:59:24 PM »

make that face an emote :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6288 on: May 20, 2019, 08:06:30 PM »
I love how Brock is using the briefcase like it's a boombox.   :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6291 on: May 20, 2019, 10:02:06 PM »
The Hardcore title is back, now called the "24/7" title.  The crowd booed at Foley's unveil and explanation.   :lol

Supposed to be an open challenge belt that can be defended at any time, just like the Hardcore title used to be in the Attitude era, with it up for grabs by Raw, SD, NXT, 205 Live, and NXT UK. 

And so far...it's mostly lower-card guys running out to claim it.  LOL.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6292 on: May 20, 2019, 10:05:47 PM »
YOUR FIRST EVER 24/7 CHAMP IS TITUS O'NEIL

AND

HE JUST LOST IT TO ROBERT ROODE!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6293 on: May 20, 2019, 11:02:39 PM »
Raw ends with Brock coming down and teasing getting in the ring, then leaving!  HOLY SHIT HE NEVER DOES THAT!  :doge

:brock

R. Truth ended up with the 24/7 belt.   :zzz
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6295 on: May 21, 2019, 04:32:24 PM »
https://www.cagesideseats.com/platform/amp/wwe/2019/5/21/18634222/wwe-raw-third-hour-change

"WWE’s plan to improve Raw’s third hour involves (checks notes) dimming the lights"

:dead
ど助平

« Reply #6296 on: May 21, 2019, 05:33:54 PM »
I amused myself during the hardcore belt segments that Vince McMahon would be screaming to anyone who would listen:

"SEND OUT MORE SCRUBS! MORE! SCRUBS! IS TATANKA STILL ALIVE? ARE WE PAYING KNUCKLEBALL SCHWARTZ? GET HIM OUT THERE!"

There was a funny bit where all the loser wrestlers were chasing the champion and they ran past two other wrestlers who didn't give a damn about the title.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6297 on: May 21, 2019, 05:37:09 PM »
https://www.cagesideseats.com/platform/amp/wwe/2019/5/21/18634222/wwe-raw-third-hour-change

"WWE’s plan to improve Raw’s third hour involves (checks notes) dimming the lights"

:dead
I noticed they were doing that for the title matches on MITB. Reminded me of NXT, they do something similar

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6298 on: May 21, 2019, 07:53:20 PM »
AEW announcing Glacier (wut) and Tye Dillinger for their preshow battle royale :heh

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6299 on: May 21, 2019, 08:06:25 PM »
Goddamn at this reaction Big E is getting. The wrong New Day member got the title