Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 893807 times)

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
I will, of course, need to take possession of any further The Bire sex videos for the investigation. They can be stored with demi for processing.

Please subpoena the Joe/Rumbler sextape. The public still demands answers.

Fuck answers I just want to jack off :trumps

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Someone give the cliff notes of what happened here

did they implode just like gaf?
itm

What’s fucked up is that the users are demanding special protection for ketkat even if the user did something any other would also be banned for because because the trans folks have such an iron grip on the hive mind of era, it has sparked a revolt am almost saying that a trans can do bannable actions for which they should not be banned for

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Part of the problem(imo) is the lack of diversity on the Admin team. The mods are diverse, but 6/7 of the Admins are male. Which is kinda wild when you think about it. And I'm willing to bet money that 4 or more of the men are white.
:rollsafe

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
that thread has some other bigoted ResetERA.com posters whose identity I will poorly protect:
Oh, good grief. You can't reasonably expect people to start asking the pronoun preference of every person they meet. That's insanity, and incredibly socially awkward to boot.

I think making assumptions, and apologize and switch pronouns when corrected, is perfectly fine. I think most trans people understand and wouldn't be offended if you did that but, if someone does get offended for a honest mistake, well, so be it.

Omg please let it be professor beef  :heh

Only thing I know is that it‘s not Slayven.

I obtained the original transcript.

oh, good grief. You can't reasonably expectorate people to start asking the pronouncucations preference of every person they meet. That's insanititties, and incredibly socially awkward to boot.

I think making assumbtions, and apoologize and switch pronounses when correcteded, is perfectly fine. I think most transes people usternand and wouldn't be deffended if you did that but, if someone does get offeneredded for a honesties mistake, well, sabargopoo be it.  koobla  hargh Swizzle!

Are you sure it wasn't  Slayven now?
sigh

benjipwns

nah, probably not

benjipwns

As a former mod, I don't think people understand the gravity of this.

There is stuff I know about various people on the board, actions taken, posts deleted, issues IRL, etc. that was all on that server. I have talked about none of those specific issues, people, and actions since being demodded, because it comes with the territory. Accessing it and poking around in there is not ok whatsoever because it's not just about violating the privacy of the admins in the minority channel, it's the privacy of every single person and topic that would come up for discussion. I don't know how on earth you can come back from that type of egregious breach of trust on multiple levels.

benjipwns

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-trans-awareness-week-nov-13th-19th.153146/post-26606805
User Banned (Duration Pending): Transphobia

I wouldn't say cheating, but there is a reason, why male and female athletes are separated. Male bodies most of the time have a physical advantage over woman's bodies. What gender you identify with, doesn't change the nature of your physical body.
This creates an philosophical problem, since woman, who were born with a male body, could keep there natural advantage, which would be unfair for woman, who were born with a woman's body. Do we sort people, how they were born or how they are identify with now?

We group people in different section, since they have different limits. So "woman" and "male" disciplines are technical just limit-group names to begin with. Maybe those groups needs to be updated and have more sections, similar to weight classes in boxing.
And thank you mods for the quick action.

It can really be tiring to read posts of people being 'concerned' about fairness in sports as someone who has first hand experience on the effects of HRT.
:salute thank you bigoted mods
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 06:14:39 AM by benjipwns »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

They banned ketkat because in the mod's minority safe-space discord (not my words) a mod talked about how asexuals "weren't really a part" of the LGBTQIA movement. ketkat saw this (because she was/is in a relationship with a former mod and they shared computers) and made a post that, very briefly and without naming names, mentioned that mods still needed to grow.

Then all the trans people used it as an opportunity to attack mods for "transphobia" and "going light on transphobes".

Lonewulfeus

As a former mod, I don't think people understand the gravity of this.

There is stuff I know about various people on the board, actions taken, posts deleted, issues IRL, etc. that was all on that server. I have talked about none of those specific issues, people, and actions since being demodded, because it comes with the territory. Accessing it and poking around in there is not ok whatsoever because it's not just about violating the privacy of the admins in the minority channel, it's the privacy of every single person and topic that would come up for discussion. I don't know how on earth you can come back from that type of egregious breach of trust on multiple levels.

Kirblar is anti-whistleblower what a shock!   ::)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
lets not fuck around if you could access some TOP SECRET resetera info you’d have a peek at it too  :whatisthis

#ketkatdidnothingwrong  :pimp
(ice)

benjipwns

Quote from: Alice
You advocate for change and betterment, and yet you permanently banned Ketkat without even talking to her.

Practice what you preach. Era is *nothing* without its users.
:lol

benjipwns

Now, if you'll excuse me I need to meet with a whistleblower who says he has some information regarding Hillary Clinton's views on the ace community. I'm sure this won't take more than a few minutes.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
that thread has some other bigoted ResetERA.com posters whose identity I will poorly protect:
Oh, good grief. You can't reasonably expect people to start asking the pronoun preference of every person they meet. That's insanity, and incredibly socially awkward to boot.

I think making assumptions, and apologize and switch pronouns when corrected, is perfectly fine. I think most trans people understand and wouldn't be offended if you did that but, if someone does get offended for a honest mistake, well, so be it.

benji it's incredibly misleading for you to not mention that this post was made way, way back in 2017

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-trans-awareness-week-nov-13th-19th.153146/post-26606805

I wouldn't say cheating, but there is a reason, why male and female athletes are separated. Male bodies most of the time have a physical advantage over woman's bodies. What gender you identify with, doesn't change the nature of your physical body.
This creates an philosophical problem, since woman, who were born with a male body, could keep there natural advantage, which would be unfair for woman, who were born with a woman's body. Do we sort people, how they were born or how they are identify with now?

We group people in different section, since they have different limits. So "woman" and "male" disciplines are technical just limit-group names to begin with. Maybe those groups needs to be updated and have more sections, similar to weight classes in boxing.
How does one get banned for this? :dead

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Cerium should say Nepenthe was the other mod using this opportunity to get rid of her, and then also say he can't be sure WHAT Slayven meant from the contesxt but he's offing him too to be safe

GodIWishThatWereMeWouldHappen.jpg

VomKriege

• Do the moron
I love how every post in the trans awareness starts with "it's 2 am and I'm tired" like a noir short story and then continues with twice the word count.

Forget it, non gendered Jack, it's Cismaletown.
ὕβρις

jorma

the mods probably had an hour of conversation with the poster, decided that they came from a bad faith place and reluctantly had to ban them.

something they'd never take the time out of their precious day to do for trans hero and mental health expert ketkat, mind you

And that alone should tell you where the moderators priority lies.  :maf

VomKriege

• Do the moron

ERA finally exposed as massively transphobic.
Also, but only within that very narrow lane, it's OK to voice concerns about opaque moderation, obvious wrong think bans and the fact you have to be walking on eggshells.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

The only reason the acephobic thing is in play is because they tried to overturn Ketkat's ban by arguing she was a whistleblower rather than being her normal shitty self. They didn't even have the smoking gun until sabrina tossed it into the thread, they just knew it was Royalan because that had been going around for some time and he immediately outed himself by posting about her hacking and shit.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
The only reason the acephobic thing is in play is because they tried to overturn Ketkat's ban by arguing she was a whistleblower rather than being her normal shitty self. They didn't even have the smoking gun until sabrina tossed it into the thread, they just knew it was Royalan because that had been going around for some time and he immediately outed himself by posting about her hacking and shit.

I think Robin mentioned earlier in the thread that it wasn't even Slayven ketkat was referring to, so there's two mods who are bigoted towards asexuals

Reseepts

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-trans-awareness-week-nov-13th-19th.153146/page-10#post-26600976

SmokyDave

#FREESKATKAT.
#BANROYALALUMINIUM.

benjipwns

Quote from: kitchenmotors
Honestly, the transparency that has been touted for so long here is really not present. I honestly don’t even know who truly owns the board or how money is spent. At least with Evilore, we knew specifics to a degree.

This clash between the lgbtqa crowd and Era mods/admins has been brewing for a while, there have been some topics that have dealt with mod abuse and transparency, but nothing to this extent. I’m glad it’s picking up steam. It’s important that communities that have been silenced on Era have a voice.
I don’t think that’s going to happen given certain mods that are in place. This really needs to be addressed by an admin because it’s clear for years the mods here aren’t willing to take responsibility for their actions.
slay queen  :heartbeat

benjipwns

I frankly don't care if Ketkat actually did hack the Discord with an army of Russian bots and Sombra from Overwatch if the information she uncovered is actually true. That's kind of the whole thing about "whistleblowing" -- it doesn't matter how you got the information, and in many cases it's not legal to release it, but you do it anyway.
thank you for helping my post

Pissy F Benny

Someone with a burner needs to drop the excel intel on there  :mynicca
(ice)

thisismyusername

Fuck off, Banbot.

Fuck off Banbot

I'll go 4channer here:

Kill yourself, AutistBot.

benjipwns

It would be handy if Mods communicated with the people they were about to ban (or even warning) so users could put forward appeals and reasons against the ban rather than just giving a ban or a punishment without due process.
doesn't sound like a safe space to me

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
#FREESKATKAT.
#BANROYALALUMINIUM.
aloominum

#TriggerTheBrit

benjipwns

Oh please, you've been up the ass of the staff since before this even blew up. Your only concern in the Trans Awareness Week thread from the start was pearl-clutching and trumping up the privacy concerns and err'ing on the negative side of one of the largest pillars of support the forum has for mental health and trans communities. Now moving on to the "dogpile" a moderator is getting because they decided they would be the one to shut down the original discussion, close the thread and then directly asked to be held accountable before posts showing their acephobic comments surfaced.

It's the same bullshit that we've had in all the trans issues threads. Policing the extent to which our upset is appropriate when it's the only thing that resulted in moderators paying any attention.
this should be an easy permaban to make the whole problem go away really :teehee

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Fuck off, Banbot.

Fuck off Banbot

I'll go 4channer here:

Fight his hate with love timu :heartbeat

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'd love it if he killed himself
[close]

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Fuck off, Banbot.

Fuck off Banbot

I'll go 4channer here:

ahem, i'll have you know the proper way to respond is:
'Get off my fucking board normalcigarillo' :smug

ShutUp

It would be handy if Mods communicated with the people they were about to ban (or even warning) so users could put forward appeals and reasons against the ban rather than just giving a ban or a punishment without due process.
doesn't sound like a safe space to me

*this method only applies when talking about a prominent member, otherwise the dogpile and immediate ban method normally used is more than fine

benjipwns

It's the exact problem they have with the mods:
This sort of shit is what happens in every trans related thread on this forum and whilst action was taken rather quickly here it doesn't in other cases. It's so fucking exhausting .

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

It's the exact problem they have with the mods:
This sort of shit is what happens in every trans related thread on this forum and whilst action was taken rather quickly here it doesn't in other cases. It's so fucking exhausting .
so they're idiots then? even better

benjipwns

There's more that should be done (a friend of mine suggested actual training for users who have been considered eligible to be mods...which is far from a bad idea, especially since, again, being a mod can be hard)
lol

who are these people

benjipwns

Cerium
That would make sense, given that I've been told that Ceri, for some inexplicable reason, hates KetKat.
THIS GOES TO THE TOP

thisismyusername

Asexual people have no sexual attraction to anybody. Era: they can also be gay

:confused :confused

I'll bite:

A/homo/bi/hetero-sexual is not the same thing as A/homo/bi/hetero-romantic.

You can be "attracted" to someone and want to be closer to them without the sexual part. Yes, as the majority of the world wants to bump uglies, that sounds weird but it's not an out there concept when you separate companionship from "let's get naked and JAM IT IN every day"

ShutUp

A mod needs to demand fucking receipts of every single one of these supposed posts that have slipped through the cracks in trans related threads. And keep demanding the receipts until they shut the fuck up about it because we all know these posts don't actually exist

Pissy F Benny

I don’t think I’ve ever known a forum take being a mod as seriously as they do.

Way they go on you’d think it was like being a higher up in the fbi instead of being an unpaid internet janny.
(ice)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
A mod needs to demand fucking receipts of every single one of these supposed posts that have slipped through the cracks in trans related threads. And keep demanding the receipts until they shut the fuck up about it because we all know these posts don't actually exist

The gripe is usually "you banned this person for a week and it should have been a perm!"

benjipwns

👏

Call out these lap dogs. I’m not surprised at the people who are doing it either.
:jeb

benjipwns

This forum isn't worth it at all if this community cannot feel safe.
I really don't think they can, probably should just shut it down, save everybody the exhausting trauma.

benjipwns

I keep coming back to something that happened a few weeks ago, where someone was JAQing off in a trans thread. Compared trans women and cis women to breeds of cats or some shit. The poster kept doubling down and was reported by several posters, myself included. Then I got a notification that the poster was found not in violation. So I logically posted "Staff don't care". and for THAT I caught a week ban that was quickly reversed when a bunch of people went "WTF happened here".
If you, or anybody else for that matter, could track this down, it'd be a pretty... pretty good thing, I think. Frankly, we need to start rounding up examples of mods dropping the ball on trans issues. Maybe if we show them all off at once, they'll admit to wrongdoing.
:phil an airing of grievances!

Anti-Monitor

Holy shit this blew up.

I am still processing that this whole thing seemed to start from the most pampered community in Era feeling they don’t get enough preferential treatment. What?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
I don’t think I’ve ever known a forum take being a mod as seriously as they do.

You've clearly never tried to become a mod on thebore

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

(She said yes btw)

thisismyusername

"Who banned Yukiko" is the new "Who shot JR"

Chie > Yukiko :expert

Your tomboy waifu is shit.

Akihiko > Your faves.

SmokyDave

It will be interesting to see how the admins deal with this hissy rebellion. If it were my forum, I'd ban all the vocal complainers, and then let the silent majority happily dance on their graves.

#FREESKATKAT.
#BANROYALALUMINIUM.
aloominum

#TriggerTheBrit
I have no dog in that fight, I'm backing a reversion to 'alumium'.

#HUMPHRYWASRIGHT

thisismyusername

So when did they throw Kamala Harris into the Sarlaac Pit? She was going to be their savior not that long ago but now she's getting called copmala and shit.
her poll numbers vaporized

Just like the folks that she locked up on drug charges did.  :rodney

benjipwns

the Nugaf ban list page is something that could be copied over for more transparency.
no need, there's a ban bot that automatically handles this

Tiops

what in the flying fuck is acephobia?

Lonewulfeus

Quote from: TheHunter, post: 26608250, member: 1941
Because snark and self depreciation are my weapons.

Found the slayven alt!

benjipwns

Agreed, though I’d add which mod did the ban as well.
look at this lunatic, ban him for calling for mods to be doxxed

benjipwns

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-trans-awareness-week-nov-13th-19th.153146/post-26608257
Quote from: Kyuuji
It's typical that the issue highlighted around trans discussions off the back of months of discontent is being replicated in real time in that other thread.
Quote from: Nora
I was literally just thinking that. Bunch of chuckleheads showing up having 10% of an understanding of what's going on and saying we're all exaggerating. Very cool.
lol at how they jump to whichever thread they can dominate with their whining the most

Lonewulfeus

Agreed, though I’d add which mod did the ban as well.
look at this lunatic, ban him for calling for mods to be doxxed

It’s not doxxing it’s transparency :smug

benjipwns

Make a sister site that lets anyone anonymously post screenshots of any discord server that has members of this forum there and allows for labelling of which discord user is which forum member. Let everyone whistleblow on everyone. 7/8ths of the forum banned within a week but whatever.
I agree, this is the best idea yet.

benjipwns

Real classy to try to silence Era's most vulnerable members.
This is shosta's legacy.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Holy shit this blew up.

I am still processing that this whole thing seemed to start from the most pampered community in Era feeling they don’t get enough preferential treatment. What?

That they keep talking about how they're being silenced, ignored and oppressed on era is just  :mindblown

It's incredibly delusional

thisismyusername

i think bronson lee finally deleted his blog

Seeing as you're probably its only avid reader I'm sorry for your loss.

Oof. #TheShadeOfItAll Benji, are you ok? Are you ok, Benji?

BisMarckie

i think bronson lee finally deleted his blog

Seeing as you're probably its only avid reader I'm sorry for your loss.

Oof. #TheShadeOfItAll Benji, are you ok? Are you ok, Benji?

Benji, as an altruistic and helpful person. only cares about that sabrina is okay.

benjipwns

I can't believe people are trying to physically silence me right now. On today of all days.