Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 893811 times)

Tasty

Re: DOJ |OT| We get it, you’re woke because you’re too afraid to sleep
« Reply #3060 on: November 26, 2019, 12:21:14 PM »
:yikes

This reads like textbook unhinged...
No it doesn't. :hmph

Dude's just old and mad. It happens.

You needle someone enough, they're gonna lose their cool eventually. (And inevitably, someone needles you for THAT, as though it's not a normal reaction.)

I don't consider that a normal reply to "you should leave your company before it goes under," and you will be unable to convince me otherwise.

Nor is it normal to publicly go through the motions of posting about it and then immediately covering your tracks. Dude is crying for attention and making everything to be bigger than it is. Like I said, textbook unhinged.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #3061 on: November 26, 2019, 12:25:57 PM »

You needle someone enough, they're gonna lose their cool eventually. (And inevitably, someone needles you for THAT, as though it's not a normal reaction.)

I don't consider that a normal reply to "you should leave your company before it goes under," and you will be unable to convince me otherwise.

Nor is it normal to publicly go through the motions of posting about it and then immediately covering your tracks. Dude is crying for attention and making everything to be bigger than it is. Like I said, textbook unhinged.

First I thought he was offended on behalf of the rest off kotaku but the way he twists it into an attack on himself is impressive. That's someone who wants to be mad

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3062 on: November 26, 2019, 12:29:57 PM »

I'd be inclined to agree if it was his first reaction to the first time someone says this, but I'm pretty sure it's not. He's made off-hand mentions of deleting comments on his videos before, so it's not the first time the "Kotaku bad" stuff got to him. (He also takes himself more seriously than I think people assume based on his style.)

spoiler (click to show/hide)
edit: first, first, first... fuck it, I won't edit it. :doge
[close]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 12:34:55 PM by Rufus »

anime tits

« Reply #3063 on: November 26, 2019, 12:38:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-not-sure-what-to-do-about-my-mom-sister-regarding-the-topic-of-chick-fil-a.154889/

Reera guy: your mom and sister are "pieces of shit" (editors note: it's always "pieces of shit") and you need to cut them out of your life permanently

Guy trying to salvage ree: that seems unreasonable

Reera guy:  BAD FAITH ACTOR PIECE OF SHIT ALT RIGHT SUPPORTS MURDER OF LGBT

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #3064 on: November 26, 2019, 12:41:44 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #3065 on: November 26, 2019, 12:43:22 PM »
Then it became a big debate of whataboutisms (what about other restaurants like McDonalds & Wendy's donating to conservative causes, which I've since avoided).

Dude is a living whataboutism...

« Reply #3066 on: November 26, 2019, 12:49:09 PM »
Cheebo seems very insecure over Star Wars. Always trying to dictate what others should be taking away from the movies. Some people just don’t like the new shit dude sorry, and I can see why they wouldn’t. To me the sequel trilogy did it’s best to dump all over our heroes from the OT. Sorry Luke went out like a punk but he did. Sorry Han is a dead beat loser dad but he was. I bet Leia was going to bite it as well had Carrie Fisher not died. Nice legacy there Disney...., the only OT hero to make it out somewhat ok is because the actress died before you could ruin her too.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3067 on: November 26, 2019, 12:51:39 PM »
kotaku is shit you fuckbeard.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3068 on: November 26, 2019, 12:55:49 PM »
Cheebo seems very insecure over Star Wars.
FACT CHECK: https://www.resetera.com/threads/daisy-ridley-raps-the-entire-skywalker-saga-to-date.155359/
Quote from: Cheebo
Man these posts are helping it making it sense why this forum is so cynical and negative about virtually every piece of media that comes out lol.
I honestly don't even know how I would be able to function or enjoy life if I wasn't able to maintain being able to have fun and enjoy dorky dumb stuff. Being cynical sounds depressing lol.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3070 on: November 26, 2019, 01:49:00 PM »
so liking a food is appropriation but not liking it is racism. right on.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #3071 on: November 26, 2019, 01:51:42 PM »

You have to update that last one to say" OMG what!  I need to write a think piece about this and imply it's racist!"
sigh

« Reply #3072 on: November 26, 2019, 02:00:48 PM »
Cheebo seems very insecure over Star Wars.
FACT CHECK: https://www.resetera.com/threads/daisy-ridley-raps-the-entire-skywalker-saga-to-date.155359/
Man these posts are helping it making it sense why this forum is so cynical and negative about virtually every piece of media that comes out lol.
I honestly don't even know how I would be able to function or enjoy life if I wasn't able to maintain being able to have fun and enjoy dorky dumb stuff. Being cynical sounds depressing lol.

Counter Fax:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/setting-the-record-straight-the-message-of-the-last-jedi-was-not-let-the-past-die.155086/

:mods

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #3073 on: November 26, 2019, 02:02:17 PM »
I mean the brits sure as shit stole curry and made it their own.

People are like white folx hate spice, well the empire taking over purely for spices sure shoots that argument down.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #3074 on: November 26, 2019, 02:06:46 PM »
Royalan reconfirming his acts and his words:

Hello everyone.

Just to say again:

I stepped down voluntarily. The words that I used in that post were hurtful and wrong. I can only hope my apology was received as sincerely as I meant it.

I really appreciate everyone who has a said a kind word for me in the following days, but I don't want any productive discussion of necessary changes to moderation to be sidelined by me. Nor do I want those who genuinely felt aggreived and hurt by what I said to feel as though they are being silenced or further disrespected.

Everyone pretty much just left Hobbes on read too. Feels bad

Hermit

« Reply #3075 on: November 26, 2019, 02:06:53 PM »
By end of day, that thread will be at 20 pages and have over 40% of the active posters warned or banned

SmokyDave

« Reply #3076 on: November 26, 2019, 02:11:22 PM »
Man, as an Englishman I can’t imagine how I’d feel if people were to make fun of Spotted Dick and Jellied Eels, or were to suggest that the food of my people was generally fucking awful. How bereft of appetite I would be if someone said that the only bearable dishes were those we stole from others. It would strike at the very core of me, I’m sure.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #3077 on: November 26, 2019, 02:14:14 PM »
Tim Rogers seems like he has a super healthy mental state...

Should be a ree mod any day now then :rodney
Margs

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #3078 on: November 26, 2019, 02:18:03 PM »
Indian food does suck though

Too much reliance on sauces and softness.

Sometimes you need that crunch you know?

:O

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #3079 on: November 26, 2019, 02:19:33 PM »
yet you seemed fine with Royalan's intolerant views on ace folks! curious! way to make this about civility instead of, y'know, principles though. Totally not the thing we're fighting against in all trans threads all the time.

we get to a healthier place as a community by not tolerating intolerance in any form, and by people like you not talking over queer folks on issues that don't affect you. sit down.

Nora is such an insufferable cunt.  I have to imagine the noncrazy transgender people of era love that Nora, Feisty, and Kyuuji represent them to the rest of the forum.  Let’s take a look at the heinous post that deserved so much anger...

Quote from: Tiger Priest, post: 26833779, member: 57
Ok, you clearly missed the entire point of my post and are reacting again with vitriol. I’m saying we on the left (myself included) and the grand majority of people on this site are with each other on 90% of issues and shouldn’t be at each other‘s throats even when we think others here are wrong about something. My whole point is that you should be saving this vitriol for the right, who are the ones propagating homophobia, transphobia, acephobia, etc.

Let me expand further: does anyone here really think that Royalan was promoting actual discrimination against people who are asexual? Was ANYONE here actually promoting that?
Quote from: Tiger Priest, post: 26834458, member: 57
Ok, and I’m happy you’re expressing these views to me via a reasoned message rather than advocating for me to be banned or ostracized. I’m not saying you can’t disagree and can’t even argue - I’m saying that this should be an open forum and people shouldn’t be calling for bans or for mods to step down except in egregious circumstances, and I don’t personally think this qualifies. You may disagree, and that is fine, but all I want is for this to be a site where people have freedom of speech and even freedom to make mistakes without being met with a chorus of contempt.

Oh, he’s saying maybe you should take the context of Royalan being a strong advocate for lgbtq+ equality into consideration instead of assuming the absolute worst interpretation of a single post?  What an asshole!

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #3080 on: November 26, 2019, 02:26:21 PM »
White people are apparently not allowed to like things, dislike things, have preferences, have things that include only them, have things that don't include them, and 1000 other random things.

The world is going in a really neat direction.

BisMarckie

« Reply #3081 on: November 26, 2019, 02:29:02 PM »
What’s next? Needing a license to make Indian food in my own damn tandoor?

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #3082 on: November 26, 2019, 02:40:52 PM »
"Indian food"
That includes quite the range of cultures with varying cuisines soooo, probably just someone who had a bad experience at the ethnic equivalent of McDonalds.

White people are apparently not allowed to like things, dislike things, have preferences, have things that include only them, have things that don't include them, and 1000 other random things.

The world is going in a really neat direction.

I know lmao. Whites are the safe bet for bashing and making fun of. Contrary to the bubble that white, wealthy leftys live in, the rest of the world's races are shockingly similar to white people and indulge in the same good or bad habits. Weird huh

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3083 on: November 26, 2019, 02:41:50 PM »
Oh, that indian food locked with no modpost, presumably so they can let everyone know they're going to find all the RACISTS who think that not liking food from a particular culture is RACIST

Indian food does suck though

Too much reliance on sauces and softness.

Sometimes you need that crunch you know?

Thats what the papadums are for :snob

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3084 on: November 26, 2019, 02:44:35 PM »
Man, as an Englishman I can’t imagine how I’d feel if people were to make fun of Spotted Dick and Jellied Eels, or were to suggest that the food of my people was generally fucking awful. How bereft of appetite I would be if someone said that the only bearable dishes were those we stole from others. It would strike at the very core of me, I’m sure.
you guys did alright with meat pies though

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #3085 on: November 26, 2019, 02:46:41 PM »
I could really do with a white person handbook or something, so I don't fuck this shit up. Is there anything like that on Amazon perhaps?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3086 on: November 26, 2019, 02:48:36 PM »
I could really do with a white person handbook or something, so I don't fuck this shit up. Is there anything like that on Amazon perhaps?
:cac

Propagandhim

« Reply #3087 on: November 26, 2019, 02:49:37 PM »

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=dear+white+people&crid=3BKBDYBLZZUZO&sprefix=dear+white%2Caps%2C136&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_10

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3088 on: November 26, 2019, 02:49:53 PM »

if you're a cishet white man, just make sure you let people know that you identify as a nonbinary transracial, and you get to have your ideological cake and eat it too

benjipwns

« Reply #3089 on: November 26, 2019, 02:50:15 PM »
It's not the job of marginalized folx to educate you.

And it's not the place of white people to speak over marginalized folx.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #3090 on: November 26, 2019, 02:51:31 PM »
People are like white folx hate spice, well the empire taking over purely for spices sure shoots that argument down.

As does most southern and eastern European cuisine...
^_^

benjipwns

« Reply #3091 on: November 26, 2019, 02:51:44 PM »
Quote from: SweeneySwift
this part of the community, as chaotic as it's been, has been a big reason why I stayed so long. Thanks for that

https://www.resetera.com/threads/november-wrasslin-ot-a-new-meaning-to-the-phrase-power-struggle.150589/post-26780734
Another crime on the ledger of WrassleGAF/ERA.

stufte

« Reply #3092 on: November 26, 2019, 02:52:56 PM »
Holy shit, the amazon rabbit hole I've just gone down.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #3093 on: November 26, 2019, 02:53:50 PM »

Pay Saira $2500
https://race2dinner.com/

stufte

« Reply #3094 on: November 26, 2019, 02:55:10 PM »

Pay Saira $2500

why did they photoshop that womans eyes to look like a white walker?

« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 02:59:28 PM by stufte »

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #3095 on: November 26, 2019, 02:55:55 PM »
Indian food is one of the few good types of food. This is all the more reason to coat Ireland with napalm.
serge

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3096 on: November 26, 2019, 03:04:07 PM »
Indian food is one of the few good types of food. This is all the more reason to coat Ireland with napalm.

That dudes 'Irish' in the sense that he's a US citizen born and raised in the US, knows nobody in, and has never been to, Ireland and his cultural heritage amounts to wearing a green plastic hat and getting drunk as fuck in march every year.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #3097 on: November 26, 2019, 03:04:45 PM »
"For VR enthusiasts, the PS5 technically on pair with high-end PCs should someway unify the VR audience."

https://www.resetera.com/threads/phil-spencer-vr-is-not-a-focus-of-project-scarlett-because-our-customers-arent-asking-for-it.155266/page-30#post-26840689

:era

TVC15

« Reply #3098 on: November 26, 2019, 03:07:29 PM »

That dudes 'Irish' in the sense that he's a US citizen born and raised in the US, knows nobody in, and has never been to, Ireland and his cultural heritage amounts to wearing a green plastic hat and getting drunk as fuck in march every year.

That’s more Irish than I hear they are in Ireland. I hear they don’t even puke green beer anymore because they’ve taken over.
serge

stufte

« Reply #3099 on: November 26, 2019, 03:10:15 PM »
fixed it.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #3100 on: November 26, 2019, 03:13:26 PM »

Pay Saira $2500

why did they photoshop that womans eyes to look like a white walker?

(Image removed from quote.)

Pay a few grand and maybe someone will deign to suffer explaining it to you.

TVC15

« Reply #3101 on: November 26, 2019, 03:13:40 PM »
I also read that the undue influence of Indian food is the real reason Ireland sat on its hands in dubdubdeux
serge

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3102 on: November 26, 2019, 03:16:27 PM »

That’s more Irish than I hear they are in Ireland. I hear they don’t even puke green beer anymore because they’ve taken over.

they even gave away all their guns in the good friday agreement, another crime the clintons never paid for

james

« Reply #3103 on: November 26, 2019, 03:21:17 PM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3104 on: November 26, 2019, 03:51:32 PM »
That whole food thread is some  :brain  shit.

Is there anything more racist than lumping a whole nation of people into one homogenous mass and then making snap judgements?

That goes for both sides of this pathetic argument.
Spud

TVC15

« Reply #3105 on: November 26, 2019, 03:52:09 PM »
potatoes are the only good thing to come out of ireland
serge

Propagandhim

« Reply #3106 on: November 26, 2019, 03:53:39 PM »
  :ufup Irish folk music, though

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #3107 on: November 26, 2019, 03:54:38 PM »

Hot red heads too :bolo

TVC15

« Reply #3108 on: November 26, 2019, 03:58:39 PM »
I forgot about redheads. Irish folk music though... that’s more of a 50/50 split for me. Too even to give them any credit. A lot of it has that unattractive carny taste to it.
serge

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #3109 on: November 26, 2019, 04:00:39 PM »
I forgot about redheads. Irish folk music though... that’s more of a 50/50 split for me. Too even to give them any credit. A lot of it has that unattractive carny taste to it.

You watch RAW, bitch. Carny-ism is in your blood :steiner
Margs

james

« Reply #3110 on: November 26, 2019, 04:03:03 PM »

:aah  :obama :beli :gurl :aah :shaq

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #3111 on: November 26, 2019, 04:04:14 PM »
fuck off pedo

stufte

« Reply #3112 on: November 26, 2019, 04:04:44 PM »

:aah :aah :beli :gurl :aah :shaq

The way you've assigned those emojis, it looks like you have the hots for that 12yr old...

james

« Reply #3113 on: November 26, 2019, 04:05:10 PM »

The way you've assigned those emojis, it looks like you have the hots for that 12yr old...

Edited.

stufte

« Reply #3114 on: November 26, 2019, 04:05:38 PM »

Edited.

lol, that's not really any better.

TVC15

« Reply #3115 on: November 26, 2019, 04:06:10 PM »

You watch RAW, bitch. Carny-ism is in your blood :steiner

Yet Irish folk music is even too carny for me.
serge

james

« Reply #3116 on: November 26, 2019, 04:06:33 PM »

Edited.

lol, that's not really any better.

I am reading the emoji like a fatherly seal of approval

Switters

« Reply #3117 on: November 26, 2019, 04:08:17 PM »
Ya'll just gonna ignore the Cranberries like that?
troll

BisMarckie

« Reply #3118 on: November 26, 2019, 04:11:08 PM »
Ya'll just gonna ignore the Cranberries like that?

I wish the Troubles had killed them. Instead they made that stupid Zombie song about them.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3119 on: November 26, 2019, 04:14:06 PM »
all these examples of supposed good things from ireland make me more convinced that place sucks