Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 893495 times)

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #6180 on: December 13, 2019, 02:58:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-nerd-crew-live-star-wars-news.159107/post-27374356

Hard pass
Quote from: Surfinn
These guys are bigots and not at all funny
Quote from: Surfinn
Their humor is basic/sophomoric and not very clever

And I guess taking pot shots at Brie Larson is funny
Racism, so funny
Their videos on the prequels and Indy 4 are rightfully celebrated.

Unfortunately their opinions on almost anything else are pretty wack and they knowingly pander to the alt-right.
Quote from: Cheebo
Know what is cool?

Posting videos from un-apologetic racists and sexists who have used sexist and racist slurs!

:mike

Someone with a burner account quote cheebs and post screenshots of his racist posts from here.  I think you will be rewarded mightily with likes.

Links?

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=4606.msg109643#msg109643

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=6271.msg148906#msg148906

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=5945.msg141950#msg141950

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=100

The cheebs that posted here is from MI.  Cheebo on resetera is from Ann Arbor, MI :hmm

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #6181 on: December 13, 2019, 02:58:42 PM »
Remember when The Phantom Menace has straight up racist caricatures of Asians and Arabs? Cancel Watto and the Neimoidians.
Oi Oi

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6182 on: December 13, 2019, 03:02:13 PM »
Gonna be fascinating to see if the mod with the Holdo avatar is going to ban bds / cheebo / surfinn for shitposting aggressiveness, as per previously established moderator guidelines:

OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
  • While it is correct to note that Plinkett is a satirical character, it is not difficult to tell what messages Plinkett videos are trying to sincerely convey. As noted in the OP, some of these messages are problematic and should not be handwaved just because Plinkett is a character.
  • It is possible to enjoy something while also recognizing that it has problematic elements. Do not defend those problematic elements just because you enjoy the content.
  • Do not attack members simply for consuming or enjoying Red Letter Media content.
  • There will not be a blanket ban on Red Letter Media content.
  • As always be civil and constructive with your fellow members.

or we get to see if just brigading a topic about something you as a massive fucking fanboy dislike is okay from now on, and how thats gonna look when the console wars start heating up

Averon

« Reply #6183 on: December 13, 2019, 03:04:57 PM »
People like Cheebo and Crossing Eden has to be paid shills. At least I hope so because the other explanation is that they are pathetically yet fiercely 'policing' that entire website and mass reporting people for not like SW, TLJ in particular, and brigading any thread about any source known to disparage SW, with RLM being enemy number one in that regard.

anime tits

« Reply #6184 on: December 13, 2019, 03:07:29 PM »
oh to be on the receiving end of that plea to not watch a movie review channel

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6185 on: December 13, 2019, 03:08:24 PM »
especially when rise of the skywalkers is on track to be one of th most successful and popular movies of all time

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6186 on: December 13, 2019, 03:08:43 PM »
 :yeshrug

OF ALL TIME

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #6187 on: December 13, 2019, 03:10:13 PM »
People like Cheebo and Crossing Eden has to be paid shills. At least I hope so because the other explanation is that they are pathetically yet fiercely 'policing' that entire website and mass reporting people for not like SW, TLJ in particular, and brigading any thread about any source known to disparage SW, with RLM being enemy number one in that regard.

Cheebo is a 53 year old cracker from Michigan, he ain’t gettin paid :heh

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6188 on: December 13, 2019, 03:15:05 PM »
I've been led to understand that people find them appealing because they have the tenor of just a bunch of dudes hanging out casually.

Maybe a bit unsurprisingly this is part of why I find them insufferable

obvious hate fuelled bitter misanthrope finds the idea of friends hanging out discussing a common pleasure insufferble

:pika

ShutUp

« Reply #6189 on: December 13, 2019, 03:15:54 PM »
Getting messaged to not watch a movie review channel because of some absurd BS a friend invented in their head would instantly lead to that friend getting the “new phone who dis?” treatment going forward.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #6190 on: December 13, 2019, 03:16:25 PM »
No bans from what I can tell, they just locked the thread to contain the crazies and stop the fucking reports.  :lol :lol

Averon

« Reply #6191 on: December 13, 2019, 03:17:27 PM »

Doing it for free....:dead
Fucking hell  :lol

BikeJesus

« Reply #6192 on: December 13, 2019, 03:17:34 PM »
This thread is locked while we review reports.

:dead

good job mods.

That was altered to now read:

This can be discussed in one of the many relevant Star Wars threads.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #6193 on: December 13, 2019, 03:20:47 PM »

nooo fucking way

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=100

BisMarckie

« Reply #6194 on: December 13, 2019, 03:29:02 PM »
It's a disabled feature that's part of the forum software. There's lots of weird things like that that are part of the software that ResetEra doesn't use because it would be awful, lol.

Imagine disabling likes because you wouldn‘t be able to handle that feature. :goldberg

BisMarckie

« Reply #6195 on: December 13, 2019, 03:31:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/anyone-else-have-a-real-negative-view-of-the-future-of-the-human-race.159126/

After the debacle in the UK, it's pretty clear the rise of alt/right quasi fascist to full fascist governments is not really slowing down. There are bright spots (hello Canada and New Zealand), and we are about to get a very big test next November in the 2020 election, but let's just say given the economy and our horrible media, Trump has a better shot of reelection than he ever should. And it's not even purely a western/Christian majority nation issue, look at fascist Modi in India. It's not even just a right wing issue, look at the mix of Communism and authoritarianism that is China (a country that is going full Nazi on its Muslim citizens while the world sits back and does nothing).

Meanwhile, this is all happening with a pretty healthy world economy, we have record unemployment in the US, and certainly some countries aren't doing as well, but it's not like the economic crash that started in 2008 and swept across the globe. So what's going to happen when the world's economy does crash? We all just go literal Nazi? Oh, and this is all without the effects of global warming being as bad as they will be in decades. People in the western world are flipping the hell out about migrants and immigrants, which underlies a lot of right wing fascist movement and Trump/Brexit, so how are they going to react when global warming creates so many refuges, primarily from places like South America and Africa, which will be hit the hardest and first from global warming? I'm going to do my best to help with the 2020 election, so I'm not suggesting we give up by any means, but I'm really concerned for the fate of the human race at this point, more than I have been in my lifetime. Please tell me it's going to be alright...unless you agree.

I imagine RLM sub numbers will go through the roof.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6196 on: December 13, 2019, 03:32:59 PM »
They make videos constantly, just not ones that upset Cheebo and you on such a personal level

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #6197 on: December 13, 2019, 03:37:53 PM »
How fucking miserable do you have to be to watch their latest video and get mad.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6198 on: December 13, 2019, 03:39:01 PM »
Cheebo must have some alert set for any time someone posts RLM.

Please don't link to videos to openly racist & sexist bullies.

Thanks.
User Banned (10 Days): Hostility, History of similar behavior

Please don't think you're a moderator of this forum.

Thanks.
I am not demanding it, I am asking as nicely as a can.

As it is personally offensive and hurtful to link to their videos as they have said extremely harmful and hurtful things about women and minorities.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-mandalorian-ot-a-complicated-profession-spoilers-on-episode-drop.152313/post-27365301

:era

The video in question:

:lol

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6199 on: December 13, 2019, 03:46:26 PM »
Maybe cheebo is a robot

All I am asking you is the people in the video you have posted have used sexist and racist slurs and have openly mocked minorities and women so their content is extremely hurtful and I am asking you to please consider that there are more than straight white dudes on this forum so seeing their content posted as if its acceptable is a very hurtful thing.

I am just asking you, please consider what content you link to.We as community don't need to link to racists and sexists to engage in a conversation.

All I am saying is you posted a video that is very hurtful due to the racist and sexist content of its provider and I hope you will reconsider posting harmful content going forward because there are a lot of people here who get personally hurt by their sexist/racist language.

I am very much allowed to say "Hey can you please not post content from racists and sexists? It's personally very offensive.".
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-mandalorian-ot-a-complicated-profession-spoilers-on-episode-drop.152313/post-27365400

That's total bot speak

Switters

« Reply #6200 on: December 13, 2019, 03:49:38 PM »
The StarVatars have watched more RLM content than the average person by far.

THESENATE.IRONIC.JPEG
troll

Tasty

« Reply #6201 on: December 13, 2019, 03:51:38 PM »
All I am asking you is the people in the video you have posted have used sexist and racist slurs and have openly mocked minorities and women so their content is extremely hurtful and I am asking you to please consider that there are more than straight white dudes on this forum so seeing their content posted as if its acceptable is a very hurtful thing.

Someone ask Cheebs if James Gunn is still #cancelled, cause I can't see a tweet or film from him without thinking of the child abuse victims he mocked eight years ago. :rkelly

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6202 on: December 13, 2019, 03:52:40 PM »
As it is personally offensive and hurtful to link to their videos as they have said extremely harmful and hurtful things about women and minorities.
OK, Boomer  :heh
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #6203 on: December 13, 2019, 03:56:11 PM »
Is not a little stupid Cheeto playing the “they are racist and sexists” when the only people believing that wholeheartedly are people that are not aware of them?

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #6204 on: December 13, 2019, 03:59:39 PM »
honestly, I'm hyped as fuck for the new star wars, because all the leaks suggest its going to be wack as fuck, and crossingeden / surfinn / cheebo meltdowns are going to be fucking glorious
Meltdowns? Fucking Mickey Mouse dressed as Darth Vader could be shown his stretched asshole for 3 hours straight and they'll still call the movie a masterpiece.

It's gonna be 'I fucking cried at this scene' for weeks.

Boredfrom

« Reply #6205 on: December 13, 2019, 04:03:25 PM »
I dunno, they praised to much TLJ and the spoilers from this film indicates is a giant fuck you to it.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6206 on: December 13, 2019, 04:07:27 PM »

ShutUp

« Reply #6207 on: December 13, 2019, 04:09:14 PM »
Any sane board with mods not terrified of the inmates would’ve told Cheebo to knock it off or they’re going to be taking a vacation from the site.

But that wouldn’t be as funny as Triggered Cheebs so I’m conflicted.

Averon

« Reply #6208 on: December 13, 2019, 04:10:05 PM »
It will be interesting to see how they will praise TROS if it shits on TLJ after spending the past two years aggressively defending TLJ from the slightest of criticism.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #6209 on: December 13, 2019, 04:12:23 PM »
I kind of wanna be at a party and get reeeeeeee’d at cos I’m not a fan of the star war :stahp
(ice)

Averon

« Reply #6210 on: December 13, 2019, 04:12:35 PM »
You have people in the spoilers thread straight up saying they can't wait to rub TROS in Crossing Eden's and Cheebo's faces. People are well aware of how annoyingly aggressive those two in particular have been in SW threads for the last two years.

Averon

« Reply #6211 on: December 13, 2019, 04:16:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/louis-c-k-on-a-comeback-tour-tour-speaks-to-larger-issues-about-how-to-move-forward-culturally-following-landmark-changes-of-metoo.159122/

Every time someone's complaining about cancel culture, I try to think of examples of those who were called out and it caused anything more than a momentary inconvenience.
Alec Holowka committed suicide.
Oh fuck OFF with that immediately

ShutUp

« Reply #6212 on: December 13, 2019, 04:24:12 PM »
 :dead

BisMarckie

« Reply #6213 on: December 13, 2019, 04:24:58 PM »
Not gonna lie, their impotent rage against RLM doesn’t feel right without our boy from Portland. :bobby

NekoFever

« Reply #6214 on: December 13, 2019, 04:25:43 PM »
You have people in the spoilers thread straight up saying they can't wait to rub TROS in Crossing Eden's and Cheebo's faces. People are well aware of how annoyingly aggressive those two in particular have been in SW threads for the last two years.

Are they the kind to avoid spoilers or do they know what’s coming?

Boredfrom

« Reply #6215 on: December 13, 2019, 04:26:37 PM »

Are they the kind to avoid spoilers or do they know what’s coming?

There is a spoiler thread with a lot people knowing full well the shitshow is coming.

Tasty

« Reply #6216 on: December 13, 2019, 04:27:47 PM »
Not gonna lie, their impotent rage against RLM doesn’t feel right without our boy from Portland. :bobby

Whatever happened with that

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6217 on: December 13, 2019, 04:28:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/louis-c-k-on-a-comeback-tour-tour-speaks-to-larger-issues-about-how-to-move-forward-culturally-following-landmark-changes-of-metoo.159122/

Every time someone's complaining about cancel culture, I try to think of examples of those who were called out and it caused anything more than a momentary inconvenience.

BisMarckie

« Reply #6218 on: December 13, 2019, 04:31:56 PM »

Just like so many minorities, he left the site.

He also wound up getting #metoo‘ed.

ROBBY BOBERTS INNOCENT!

Tasty

« Reply #6219 on: December 13, 2019, 04:33:44 PM »

Just like so many minorities, he left the site.

He also wound up getting #metoo‘ed.

ROBBY BOBERTS INNOCENT!

Damn really? Can't believe I missed the finale.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #6220 on: December 13, 2019, 04:39:54 PM »
 :lol :lol  They’re just So. Fucking. Mad. about RLM still being allowed on Reee that even the hangouts RLM thread has someone trying to start shit in there.

Hey guys I love sexist transphobic bigots too!
Very cool!!!

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #6221 on: December 13, 2019, 04:42:05 PM »

These conversations about paying debts feel so overly dramatic. He isn't owed a platform and audience. If people don't want to see him after finding out what kind of person he is them's the breaks.
That's a no brainer.
The problem is (some) people do want to see him, and the ones that don't, go  :stop about it.

Tasty

« Reply #6222 on: December 13, 2019, 04:52:10 PM »
:lol :lol  They’re just So. Fucking. Mad. about RLM still being allowed on Reee that even the hangouts RLM thread has someone trying to start shit in there.

Very cool!!!

Bad faith :ufup

Averon

« Reply #6223 on: December 13, 2019, 05:09:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thq-nordic-releases-gothic-remake-prototype-for-pc-to-gauge-interest-in-full-scale-production-see-threadmark.159088/page-3#post-27379098

A THQ thread going well? Never fear. Someone on Ree have the carepost saved and ready to remind them

Wow, people forget so fast.....

Best thing? The big old care post was ignored  :lol

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #6224 on: December 13, 2019, 05:12:04 PM »
riotous leave

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #6225 on: December 13, 2019, 05:34:37 PM »
leave riotous alone :hmph

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #6226 on: December 13, 2019, 05:35:02 PM »
what did i do now

You refuse to post hog :steiner
Margs

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #6229 on: December 13, 2019, 06:53:39 PM »

« Reply #6230 on: December 13, 2019, 06:56:54 PM »
The sooner that people realize that era hive members are those who in real life are extremely introvert or are an emotional wreck crying and getting angry like they have behavioral issues the sooner you will realize that the core hive are all folks with mental disability and if you can imagine a conference hall of a couple of hundred folks all the same that’s what era is. There are very few common sense individuals. The ones that are common sense will not show up in this conference hall because they don’t want to be surrounded by messed up people

BisMarckie

« Reply #6231 on: December 13, 2019, 06:57:03 PM »
Big Washington Cock :drool

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6232 on: December 13, 2019, 06:59:12 PM »
- Boris wins
- Corbyn resigns
- Louis CK returns
- Nintendo no show at the VGA's
- Greta goes on a break
- Actors coming out against TLJ
- RLM Star Wars video

Not a good week for ERA

Bill Burr is in the latest episode of The Mandalorian too. Hits just keep on coming for ERA.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 07:10:27 PM by Nintex »
🤴

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #6233 on: December 13, 2019, 07:03:52 PM »

User Banned (Duration Pending): Supporting bigotry
Really goes to show how much we live in our bubbles. None of my friends of family would dream of voting Tory. The online spaces I patronise are the same. People on here think I'm right-wing ffs. And yet clearly most of the country feels completely differently.
I'm a Conservative voter but I try and read a wide variety of sources for news to avoid this problem. I post and read here, on 4chan, The Telegraph, The Guardian, FT, The Times, and The Independent. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this site and that's fine by me, but engaging and reading a wide range of opinions, often times going out of my "comfort zone" has certainly helped my world view and opened my eyes to issues I may have glossed over before.
Dude is unbanned now

Great recommendation. On Cinema is brilliant.
Might wanna reconsider that considering Heidecker is an RLM fan and unironically thinks they should be shown in film school:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-critique-of-red-letter-media%E2%80%99s-bigoted-content-see-staff-post.129228/post-27378562

RLM was good for its time but holy shit there's way better film channels out there.
Even Jenny Nicholson, who literally just talks from her bed, makes more insightful videos.
You know Jenny is a huge fan of RLM right?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-critique-of-red-letter-media%E2%80%99s-bigoted-content-see-staff-post.129228/post-27383218

sigh

ShutUp

« Reply #6234 on: December 13, 2019, 07:04:45 PM »
Bill Burr is in the latest episode of The Mandalorian too. Hits just keep on coming for ERA.

BisMarckie

« Reply #6235 on: December 13, 2019, 07:06:44 PM »

Dude is unbanned now

Looks like Cerium and the mods took some of the big conservative money :money

clothedmacuser

« Reply #6236 on: December 13, 2019, 07:08:22 PM »

The RLM hangout thread

Heh, how long before this thread gets shutdown.

looking forward to watching this later.
Quote from: Lashley
It won't. If anyone comes in here trolling, just ignore and report.

Next two posts.

Very cool!!!

Quote from: Lashley
Case in point.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/redlettermedia-ot-very-cruel.804/post-27377800

But the best part is that so far the RLM thread is doing just that.  Ignoring the troll and just reporting!   None of that "No, I am the most upset by this Fuuuuuuuuuuk  oooooooffffffofffff!!!" performative outrage.
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #6237 on: December 13, 2019, 07:23:43 PM »
Here is what the forever bigot Tim Heidecker had to say about RLM.

"They are very intelligent but funny"'

"They should be shown at film school."

"They do an hour review of the new Ghostbusters . . . the women [one] . . . it is so educational about why comedy works and what mistakes they made."

Rub that shit in Excel's face ERA!

the start of the RLM talk. 
sigh

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #6238 on: December 13, 2019, 07:26:34 PM »

User Banned (Duration Pending): Supporting bigotry
Really goes to show how much we live in our bubbles. None of my friends of family would dream of voting Tory. The online spaces I patronise are the same. People on here think I'm right-wing ffs. And yet clearly most of the country feels completely differently.
I'm a Conservative voter but I try and read a wide variety of sources for news to avoid this problem. I post and read here, on 4chan, The Telegraph, The Guardian, FT, The Times, and The Independent. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this site and that's fine by me, but engaging and reading a wide range of opinions, often times going out of my "comfort zone" has certainly helped my world view and opened my eyes to issues I may have glossed over before.
Dude is unbanned now
Ok, so according to what we've learned recently, bans are done by consensus between multiple mods, not just as a knee-jerk reaction to a single mod being butthurt about an election result...so does that mean there are multiple mods who don't understand that banning someone for voting conservative in the UK is just a cunt act and not acceptable?
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #6239 on: December 13, 2019, 07:29:30 PM »
Why the fuck is Lashley still posting at REEEsetera? The guy has been fucked over multiple times in football threads and comes back for more.
Spud