Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 893713 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #6540 on: December 17, 2019, 06:43:46 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-sanders-endorsed-tyt-founder-and-carpetbagger-cenk-uygur-in-ca-25-congressional-race-up-sanders-retracts-endorsement-see-staff-post.158904/post-27409174
Quote from: Xaszatm
This line of thinking has been on here for the last week and its really affecting me. Like, physically hurting me. Do you people really see me as fake and just a racist and sexist? Because I am actually in pain over this. This line of thinking really hurts because I don't want to be seen as that. But again and again I'm told I'm awful, that I'm scum and words like this just repeating it and screaming at it just...what do I need to do for you to not see me as evil? What? I would like to hope that I don't come of as fake or as evil but it seems no matter what I do everyone just talks about how evil I am. I feel so bad because of statements like these that I've gone to physically hurting myself. Do you really see me as this? As just fake?
So you do. I'm sorry. I'm just worhtless. I'm sorry for hurting everyone. I thought people at least tolerated me here. I'm sorry for everything.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/post-27410158
Apparently I'm seen as fake and people "see me" as just a racist and sexist pretending to care about issues for my own gain. I didn't realize I gave off that image. I'm sorry for shitting up this thread. I thought I was helping, it looks like I was just making everything worse.

F

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6541 on: December 17, 2019, 07:00:39 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-sanders-endorsed-tyt-founder-and-carpetbagger-cenk-uygur-in-ca-25-congressional-race-up-sanders-retracts-endorsement-see-staff-post.158904/post-27409174
This line of thinking has been on here for the last week and its really affecting me. Like, physically hurting me. Do you people really see me as fake and just a racist and sexist? Because I am actually in pain over this. This line of thinking really hurts because I don't want to be seen as that. But again and again I'm told I'm awful, that I'm scum and words like this just repeating it and screaming at it just...what do I need to do for you to not see me as evil? What? I would like to hope that I don't come of as fake or as evil but it seems no matter what I do everyone just talks about how evil I am. I feel so bad because of statements like these that I've gone to physically hurting myself. Do you really see me as this? As just fake?
So you do. I'm sorry. I'm just worhtless. I'm sorry for hurting everyone. I thought people at least tolerated me here. I'm sorry for everything.

People weren't even talking about him.  :confused

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6542 on: December 17, 2019, 07:15:20 AM »
hi guys I've been gone a while I was busy reading this but I think I'm all caught up now
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6543 on: December 17, 2019, 07:18:09 AM »
amazingly the last page I was looking at was where shosta posted this

and it seems to have worked since he hasn't posted again since that day  :lol
Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6544 on: December 17, 2019, 07:19:29 AM »
Don't disrespect my sweet boy

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #6545 on: December 17, 2019, 07:30:47 AM »
now find something that works for riotous

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6546 on: December 17, 2019, 07:41:27 AM »
aids works on everyone, quick someone go out and get aids then seduce riotous

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #6547 on: December 17, 2019, 07:42:54 AM »

LOL as if someone is going to go and do something as completely fucked up and irresponsible as seducing riotous...

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6548 on: December 17, 2019, 07:48:25 AM »
Ree's Top Game Director discovers consoles are not high end pcs and people like convenient things -

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cant-we-all-finally-agree-that-the-pc-gaming-market-doesnt-threaten-the-console-market.159602/

Quote from: modiz
Wasnt PS4 Pro made to stop players moving to PC? That shows PC is quite literally a significant competition.

Quote from: defaltoption
Did they ever say that or was that just the sentiment online? I cant imagine the pro made any dent toward that specific goal. I personally think it was to capitalize on the 4k tv buzz at the time while being able to make people repurchase a console or buy in at a higher price in the first place.

Quote from: modiz
https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/281048/Andrew_House_PS4s_main_competitor_isnt_the_Xbox_its_the_PC.php

"I saw some data that really influenced me," he continues. "It suggested that there's a dip mid-console lifecycle where the players who want the very best graphical experience will start to migrate to PC, because that's obviously where it’s to be had."

"We wanted to keep those people within our eco-system by giving them the very best and very highest [performance quality]."

Also i dont believe you have numbers to back up that it hasnt made a dent.

Quote from: defaltoption
Thats cool never saw he said that, and I mean of course I dont have numbers i was going off what I see which is pc thriving more than ever and the fact we know ps4 pros are about 1 in 5 of the ps4s sold. No need to come off confrontational.

:lol

tfw simply being proved wrong via direct quote from sony hurts your feelings :'(
Uncle

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #6549 on: December 17, 2019, 08:06:36 AM »
Ree's Top Game Director discovers consoles are not high end pcs and people like convenient things -

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cant-we-all-finally-agree-that-the-pc-gaming-market-doesnt-threaten-the-console-market.159602/

...Not sure where you're getting that. OP makes a valid argument even if it's a bit dumb:

"Folks saying they don't need an X-box because they are PC gamers are a niche segment."

Wasnt PS4 Pro made to stop players moving to PC? That shows PC is quite literally a significant competition.

If it was, it failed, because they're porting shit to PC now. (Thank you, Sony, for allowing Kojimbo to continue to port his stuff to PC, much obliged)

I’d say streaming stuff like Stadia (when it actually works) will be more of a threat to consoles then PC.

Not when I shift into maximum input lag.gif

Ok, 26 posts in your point is made Snoop:

Quote from: OP
Yes, you do. Good luck building a PC for under 1000$ that has the same specs as the XSX

BurnsLaughing.gif

I mean it's a "yes, but also no" situation: I went from PS3 generation to PS4 with an i5 and ran most shit medium-high for a good 7 years for $1,000. Whereas with the PS3-4 it'd be $600 before the price-drop for 3 + $400 for the 4 (before the pro?), and $300 for the 3 post-drop and $300 for the Pro(? IIRC or it's $400 normally) so it's a wash.

I only spent $600 for upgrading my CPU and motherboard/RAM to get ready for the PS5 (so far, I might spend a bit more for a GPU upgrade for the fact that I want to try RTX, but that meme shit isn't needed). Roughly in the ballpark of a new console. Might be slightly more but there's not need to drop $1,000+ to match consoles generally, especially about 4-6 months after a console launch when console hardware is "static" and easier to match/exceed with drops in the hardware market.

I REALLY hope they release Dreams on PC, because PC is the perfect platform for a game like that, and I fear it might otherwise die on the PS4. Maybe I'm talking out of my ass, but I really feel that Dreams can be the Minecraft of a new generation, as long as Sony has the foresight to release it on the PC.

As much as I would love for Sony to release Dream's on PC (and LittleBigPlanet), I doubt that'll happen. And even if it did, it'd run into the same issue that Project Spark had: It's a niche market (nobody wants to make a game within a game and those that do have to spend a lot of time with awkward controls [LBP/Dreams/MediaMolecule titles generally] or fitting it within the thermo/performance of the game engine [LBP]) and even PC gamers don't want to do a "game within a game" when they can just develop on Gamemaker, Unreal Engine, Unity, RPGMaker, etc. instead.

thisismyusername

« Reply #6550 on: December 17, 2019, 08:19:08 AM »
Isn’t a lot of western cartoons that Era consume intentionally made to appeal to a 4chan board called /co/?  Pretty sure some creators of this stuff have referenced that board.

Isn’t a lot of video games leaks coming from 4chan rather that with journalists or Resetera own forum?

I don’t remember Redlettermedia even give a time of the day to directly reference or being aware of 4chan.

Not that I'm aware of. Just that the content these people make appeals to /co/ but isn't from /co/ posters.

Same with RedLetterMedia: It's popular on /tv/ (and /v/, mostly for Jay / vConfirmedForGay)  because it's a movie/TV show focused thing, but it's not from /tv/ posters (unless RLM is shitposting Jay and Mike images constantly, in which case: Good show, promote your social media dudes).

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6551 on: December 17, 2019, 08:22:38 AM »
unfunny garbage posters flock together

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6552 on: December 17, 2019, 08:23:26 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kumail-nanjiani-is-absolutely-ripped-for-his-role-in-the-eternals.159660/#post-27454163
Quote from: Mesoian, post: 27454367, member: 23123
Quote from: Paquete_PT, post: 27454163, member: 13339
That's impressive but I wish Marvel would mix things up with how a superhero is supposed to look and not simply give us Fat Thor for the cheap laughs. We often talk about the objectification of women and the troubles actresses have to go through to "appeal" to the general audience (and that's all true and has to change), but here we have Kumail, a funny and intelligent guy, that stands out for his charisma and humor, that wasn't in extreme shape but wasn't that bad (he was "normal" I would say), that has to go through all this to fit into the role model. I'm not sure I'm onboard with this. And I know he feels proud, worked his ass off and deserves too look this good. But as he says, this transformation is almost impossible for someone living a normal life without the resources he mentioned.
Marvel will never do this. They are still very very much mired in the american standards of beauty and any other body type is, at best, normal and boring and, at worst, to be mocked.

:mindblown

I don't understand why this isn't obvious-  They're superhero type characters.  They would need to be in olympic-level shape to fight and all that kind of crap. 
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6553 on: December 17, 2019, 08:27:03 AM »
congrats to this dude i never heard of for getting a good steroid regimen

paprikastaude

« Reply #6554 on: December 17, 2019, 08:29:50 AM »
https://twitter.com/TheRyanParker/status/1206821486578679808

Fun times on resetti incoming. Only 3 months before Cyberpunk. I don't think that community can survive until the US elections   :birb

thisismyusername

« Reply #6555 on: December 17, 2019, 08:31:57 AM »
Oh Jesus Christ.

I mean, get a PC with equivalent specs to a Tegra X1 and play the PC version of Blind Forest on it and then compare it to playing the Switch Port of Blind Forest. You can perform miracles if you're optimizing towards a specific system.

:snoop :snoop :snoop

Pc GaMiNg HaS aN oVeRhEaD tHaT cOnSoLeS dOn'T.

:snoop :snoop :snoop

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6556 on: December 17, 2019, 08:41:25 AM »
https://twitter.com/TheRyanParker/status/1206821486578679808

Fun times on resetti incoming. Only 3 months before Cyberpunk. I don't think that community can survive until the US elections   :birb

Is he saying they're gonna be pleased by how good it is, or how bad it is? It's not clear.

paprikastaude

« Reply #6557 on: December 17, 2019, 08:59:46 AM »
www.resetera.com/threads/the-rise-of-skywalker-2019-social-media-impressions.159800/page-10
Quote from: Relaxed Muscle, post: 27475905, member: 5596
So JJ/Disney really threw Rian under the bus. I had my issues with the last Jedi, but not sure how I feel seeing Disney bent down to their toxic fanbase.
Quote from: The Last One, post: 27475924, member: 263
I guess that's what we can expect from Disney/Lucasfilm now. Such a shame.
Quote from: KingSnake, post: 27476086, member: 825
It's good to know that internet mobs can decide the future of movies now. I'm sure a lot of minorities will be very happy to hear that. Their representation is in very good hands. /s
Quote from: KingSnake, post: 27476162, member: 825
I guess it's time to improve my ignore list. Too many edges out there.

Disney™, you were the chosen one...

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6558 on: December 17, 2019, 09:07:38 AM »
unfunny garbage posters flock together

I disagree with Taylor Swift about a lot of the things she's done in her life, like lying about Kanye giving her a head's up about those lyrics (and don't even get me started on Kanye...), but if there's just one thing that i've been able to understand about the world by looking at her life, it's that as sure as there is success, there are haters, and you just have to shake them off. It's also reassuring to know that no matter what income level they're both at, white girls will still lie about black men.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6559 on: December 17, 2019, 09:17:03 AM »
I don’t know how YouTube ads relate to the video they are shown during but I was watching the latest RLM video and was shown a 2 minute “ad” about how the left doesn’t disavow extreme elements like Antifa and the Weather Underground. I had never seen an “ad” like this so I thought it was pretty weird .

Was it a Prager U video?
dog

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6560 on: December 17, 2019, 09:30:37 AM »
maybe jj undoing all of TLJ nonsense means finn gets a real story again after rian johnson the racist turned him into comedy relief

Hermit

« Reply #6561 on: December 17, 2019, 09:35:50 AM »
Seeing it this weekend and I expect it to be the same dumb fun the last two movies were. Treating it like anything more and you're bound to be disappointed or even worse, you turn into Cheebo.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6562 on: December 17, 2019, 09:42:00 AM »

LOL as if someone is going to go and do something as completely fucked up and irresponsible as seducing riotous...

I think you've brought me up more times than I've posted in here this week.

Sweetie it's getting kind of sad.

Having AIDS is a minor medical inconvenience these days.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/04/health/aids-cure-london-patient.html

Some guy got a cancer treatment, and it worked so good it cured his AIDS. It turns out all that money we put into curing AIDS should have been put into curing cancer : (

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6563 on: December 17, 2019, 09:42:12 AM »
tlj reminded me of that spaceballs quote "evil will always win because good is dumb". :lol i don't think anyone in the resistance made a smart decision that entire movie

Tasty

« Reply #6564 on: December 17, 2019, 10:10:11 AM »

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #6566 on: December 17, 2019, 10:22:22 AM »
I don’t know how YouTube ads relate to the video they are shown during but I was watching the latest RLM video and was shown a 2 minute “ad” about how the left doesn’t disavow extreme elements like Antifa and the Weather Underground. I had never seen an “ad” like this so I thought it was pretty weird .

Was it a Prager U video?

It might have been. Seemed like they wanted me to subscribe to some video essays.
Oi Oi

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6567 on: December 17, 2019, 10:28:11 AM »
Maybe Bob Iger can take Scorsese to see SWIX to prove that Disney makes art.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6568 on: December 17, 2019, 10:32:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-sanders-endorsed-tyt-founder-and-carpetbagger-cenk-uygur-in-ca-25-congressional-race-up-sanders-retracts-endorsement-see-staff-post.158904/post-27478864

This post is fantastic.

Well, I'm not a woman.
I'm not Jewish, Israeli, or Palestinian.
I'm not Black.
I'm not Armenian.

However, I am bisexual.

:meeble

I see y'all. And you ain't cute, or clever in the least.

:meeble

or All and free tuition or whatever, what chance do someone like I or anyone else in the LGBT community have?

But I see y'all. I see every last one of you. And y'all ain't shit, and I won't ever trust a single one of you farther than I can throw you, that's all I'm saying here and just like with Cenk himself, if you really want to go down that road, that's on no one and you have no one to blame but yourselves. But I see you all either way. I see you.

:ego

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #6569 on: December 17, 2019, 11:53:52 AM »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6570 on: December 17, 2019, 12:04:04 PM »
Imagine worrying about your privacy and then doxxing yourself for secret santa

https://www.resetera.com/threads/2019-resetera-secret-santa.150918/

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #6571 on: December 17, 2019, 12:21:17 PM »
still happy i skipped out star wars after the wretched episode 7. suck my dick iger.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #6572 on: December 17, 2019, 12:23:15 PM »
I expected a Hobbes “dick me” post in that thread but he didn’t even respond to it.  Guess he’s racist against Indians.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
dick me Kumail Nanjiani :mouf
[close]

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6573 on: December 17, 2019, 12:36:57 PM »
His abs are all asymmetrical though,

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6574 on: December 17, 2019, 12:40:13 PM »
I expected a Hobbes “dick me” post in that thread but he didn’t even respond to it.  Guess he’s racist against Indians.

[close]

Kumail is Pakistani   :ufup

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #6576 on: December 17, 2019, 12:46:25 PM »

[close]

Kumail is Pakistani   :ufup

I did it again  :existential

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6577 on: December 17, 2019, 01:08:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-view-whoopi-goldberg-tells-meghan-mccain-girl-please-stop-talking-wapo.159727/page-2#post-27472531

As Goldberg tried to change subjects, McCain talked over her, complaining, “Do you want to hear a conservative perspective on this show ever?”

Quote from: SSF1991, post: 27472531, member: 45208
No. Because I'm fucking fed up.

Your obnoxious, annoying, asshole, selfish, victim-playing, hypocritical behavior that seems to be a common trait with modern right-wingers is why. Your defense of a party that stands for fascism, bigotry, hate, war, xenophobia, party over country, sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia, fake Christianity, corruption, pedophilla, authoritarianism, autocracy, children in cages, concentration camps, mass shootings, death of the poor, death of the disabled, death of people of color, and so much more is why. Every time I think modern right-wingers can't sink to a new inhumane low, they find a way.

I do not want to hear a fucking thing from assholes who want nothing more than for people, including me, to be dead. I do not want to hear a thing from assholes who blindly defend these atrocities either. That's not "political". I've been stressed out, I've had anxiety like crazy, and I've even had nightmares because I'm scared for my life that this fascist government in power right now is going to make me homeless, sick, and/or worse. None of that is fucking "political" either.

Meanwhile, Meghan McCain, as I and many others barely try to get by in life with our finances, health, families and sanity intact, you're getting pissy because your rich, white privileged, selfish ass isn't the center of attention on a talk show that gave you a spot on their panel of women for no reason and you aren't able to constantly whine, moan, and defend fascists some more. Your dad was treated like shit by Trump, and the party you defend so much just sat there and let him do it. And you still defend that fucking party anyway.

I don't know why they still let you on this show, but I'm not surprised about it either. Because, despite how much assholes like you play the victim card every time someone fed up with your bullshit dares to stand up for themselves and for other human beings, your "conservative perspective" currently has control of 2 branches of government, the Supreme Court, hundreds of smaller judicial seats, a electorial system biased towards you, and other right-wingers in power that will spoil you with money and power of your own and more as long as you're loyal to their fascist Republican party.

I don't want to hear a "conservative perspective". I and many others have heard plenty of it in just the past few years alone. I don't know about how others feel, but I know that I have heard enough. Instead, I will offer you my perspective: fuck off.

:aah
"No one wants to hear your stupid bullshit conservative perspective JUST FUCK OFFFFF"

*election landslide*

"How could we POSSIBLY lose to the conservatives?"
 :existential
🤴

Hermit

« Reply #6578 on: December 17, 2019, 01:40:13 PM »
*slaps gut* no need to worry about asymmetrical abs when I've got a layer of beer hiding them

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6579 on: December 17, 2019, 02:14:39 PM »
WTF. Is Hydra a real thing?
I mean... what do you think that movie is about?

about 2 hours long
HOLY FUCKING SHIT ARE YOU ACTUALLY THAT DELUSIONAL FOR DISNEY THAT YOU THINK THE WINTER SOLDIER IS A FUCKING DOCUMENTARY?
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6580 on: December 17, 2019, 02:32:41 PM »
*ResetEra member opens History of WW2 book*

"O MY GOD A PICTURE OF A NAZI THE WRITER IS A FASCIST"
🤴

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #6581 on: December 17, 2019, 03:09:53 PM »

lets see your godly insertions then pal

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6582 on: December 17, 2019, 03:14:11 PM »

Not gonna lie, he had us in the first half.
©@©™

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #6583 on: December 17, 2019, 03:45:16 PM »

lets see your godly insertions then pal
Every guy could have godly insertions underneath their "winter layers".  :hmph

Schrodinger's Abs.  :bolo

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6584 on: December 17, 2019, 04:22:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-sanders-endorsed-tyt-founder-and-carpetbagger-cenk-uygur-in-ca-25-congressional-race-up-sanders-retracts-endorsement-see-staff-post.158904/post-27478864

This post is fantastic.

Is that a threat?

But I see you all the same. I know that if Cenk said something anti-LGBT, and to be clear, I'm not saying he did, but if he did, I know you'd all try the sane ducking same, Bo matter how you deny it.
ὕβρις

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #6585 on: December 17, 2019, 04:28:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-rise-of-skywalker-2019-social-media-impressions.159800/post-27472094

Lmao. 2 seconds of queer representation. Typical Disney.

I'll never get this kind of thinking. It automatically assumes anyone who DOESN'T outwardly express their sexuality is straight. and how many seconds of outwardly straight representation is there I wonder (probably more than 2 seconds, but that shouldn't be shocking). Why not just assume anyone who doesn't show preference is queer? Why does everything have to be put on a silver fucking platter for these fuckers.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #6586 on: December 17, 2019, 04:31:08 PM »
In my head canon Luke Sky Walker sucks all the dick  :pimp :hump :shh
(ice)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6587 on: December 17, 2019, 04:34:33 PM »
I was hoping the rumored scene where Lando barebacks Chewbaccca would last longer than two seconds.
©@©™

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #6588 on: December 17, 2019, 04:42:10 PM »
I was hoping the rumored scene where Lando barebacks Chewbaccca would last longer than two seconds.
So did Chewie.
Then again, Han used to shoot sooner.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #6589 on: December 17, 2019, 04:45:11 PM »
So did Chewie.
Then again, Han used to shoot sooner.

ALWAYS first, selfish bastard.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6590 on: December 17, 2019, 05:18:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/adam-driver-walks-out-of-interview-with-nprs-terry-gross-because-he-hates-hearing-seeing-himself-act.159950/

Imagine feeling bad for Adam Driver, whos making millions of subjecting people to his horrible acting, but can't handle it himself.

:lol

Treating it like they're forcing him to do a media tour, the kicker:

The star actor recorded his end of the interview from NPR’s New York studios, while Gross was in Fresh Air’s base at WHYY-FM in Philadelphia.

:rofl

Go fucking flip burgers instead if you can't handle media tours.

It's terry gross   :awesome

nudemacusers

« Reply #6591 on: December 17, 2019, 05:19:19 PM »
Let’s be honest some sequels just flat out out don’t deserve to exist and now we are going to talk about franchises and sequels that in our heads at least, never happened.

I’ll open with a big one for me the Alien franchise, it’s one of my favourite film series ever up until the third entry anyway. The theatrical cut of the third was subject to a fuckton of executive meddling which left it a bit of a weird disjointed mess so much so that David Fincher practically disowned it. thankfully the excellent assembly cut ties it all together much better and redeems the film.

After this we get into straight hot garbage, Resurrection is a frankly a shameless fucking cash grab and I hate it intensely, which is a shame as they brought in a damn fine cast, Ron Pearlman and Winona Ryder both carry their parts well and I have always held Brad Dourif in high regard as a damn fine actor. If anything though it’s Sigourney Weaver who steals the show with a far darker, more feral portrayal of Ripley than anything we have seen so far,.

Unfortunately the cast is not enough to redeem what at this point is effectively a bad parody of prior entries in the series. the other characters suffer poorly from lack of characterisation and the different Xenomorph Variants introduce I found to be more laughable than anything else in all honestly.

Moving on from Alien Resurrection, we ger the return of Ridley Scot, like a lot of fans, I was hopeful the series creator would right the ship, but no. I’m largely going to ignore Prometheus here as the Alirn connection is mostly absent in this film right until the very end, this is more the story of the Engineers than anything else.

Now on to the film I hate more than any other instalment in the series, Covenant, for a number of reasons which we will get into right now.

David - this is by far and my biggest issue with this film, the idea that David is the creator of the xenomorphs is one absolutely detest and refuse completely to accept. The only theory concerning his involvement I will entertain is the notion that somehow the Xenomorph species has become dormant or nearly and he resurrected them somehow. An early version of the scripts supports this idea by David show Walter an old fossilised Alien egg and dead face hugger he found in the Engineer home world.

I get what Scott is going for here, the irony of humanity’s own creation in turn creating a species that will be one of the most grave threats to all of humanity, is deeply ironic. It’s also something of a fable regarding society moving away from religion in turn effectively killing God, a point which Scott makes very heavy handed with the character of the Covenant’s science officer Oram who feels ostracised because of his religious beliefs, also believing that his faith has cost him career opportunities as he has believes he has been held back from promotions for this reason.

However in doing so, he has destroyed any intrigue regarding the origins of the xenomoprhas, this is a case where the horror film axiom “less is more” definitely applies, I would posit that is far better to leave their origins a mystery which we can speculated upon rather than trying to explain the origins in this rather hamfisted way.

In closing to date, I have seen Alien Covenant precisely once and I refuse to watch it ever again. David as the creator is pure garbage and a theory I do not give even the slightest hint of credence to. In my headcanon this film and the events in it are not canon. I am not even going to touch on the two Alien Vs Predatir films as I hate both of them intensely.

I feel I gave ranted long enough now, I have other similarly strong feelings regarding other series, namely Terminator, but I will keep that under my hat for now.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6592 on: December 17, 2019, 05:28:42 PM »
Lmao at people calling Fresh Air unprofessional
lmao at giving them a pass because they're a haughty NPR interview show that we would normally expect to be above this kind of thing

These people man.

They locked an NPR thread about Fresh Air and headphones!

:girlaff

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #6593 on: December 17, 2019, 05:40:08 PM »
Let’s be honest some sequels just flat out out don’t deserve to exist and now we are going to talk about franchises and sequels that in our heads at least, never happened.

I’ll open with a big one for me the Alien franchise, it’s one of my favourite film series ever up until the third entry anyway. The theatrical cut of the third was subject to a fuckton of executive meddling which left it a bit of a weird disjointed mess so much so that David Fincher practically disowned it. thankfully the excellent assembly cut ties it all together much better and redeems the film.

After this we get into straight hot garbage, Resurrection is a frankly a shameless fucking cash grab and I hate it intensely, which is a shame as they brought in a damn fine cast, Ron Pearlman and Winona Ryder both carry their parts well and I have always held Brad Dourif in high regard as a damn fine actor. If anything though it’s Sigourney Weaver who steals the show with a far darker, more feral portrayal of Ripley than anything we have seen so far,.

Unfortunately the cast is not enough to redeem what at this point is effectively a bad parody of prior entries in the series. the other characters suffer poorly from lack of characterisation and the different Xenomorph Variants introduce I found to be more laughable than anything else in all honestly.

Moving on from Alien Resurrection, we ger the return of Ridley Scot, like a lot of fans, I was hopeful the series creator would right the ship, but no. I’m largely going to ignore Prometheus here as the Alirn connection is mostly absent in this film right until the very end, this is more the story of the Engineers than anything else.

Now on to the film I hate more than any other instalment in the series, Covenant, for a number of reasons which we will get into right now.

David - this is by far and my biggest issue with this film, the idea that David is the creator of the xenomorphs is one absolutely detest and refuse completely to accept. The only theory concerning his involvement I will entertain is the notion that somehow the Xenomorph species has become dormant or nearly and he resurrected them somehow. An early version of the scripts supports this idea by David show Walter an old fossilised Alien egg and dead face hugger he found in the Engineer home world.

I get what Scott is going for here, the irony of humanity’s own creation in turn creating a species that will be one of the most grave threats to all of humanity, is deeply ironic. It’s also something of a fable regarding society moving away from religion in turn effectively killing God, a point which Scott makes very heavy handed with the character of the Covenant’s science officer Oram who feels ostracised because of his religious beliefs, also believing that his faith has cost him career opportunities as he has believes he has been held back from promotions for this reason.

However in doing so, he has destroyed any intrigue regarding the origins of the xenomoprhas, this is a case where the horror film axiom “less is more” definitely applies, I would posit that is far better to leave their origins a mystery which we can speculated upon rather than trying to explain the origins in this rather hamfisted way.

In closing to date, I have seen Alien Covenant precisely once and I refuse to watch it ever again. David as the creator is pure garbage and a theory I do not give even the slightest hint of credence to. In my headcanon this film and the events in it are not canon. I am not even going to touch on the two Alien Vs Predatir films as I hate both of them intensely.

I feel I gave ranted long enough now, I have other similarly strong feelings regarding other series, namely Terminator, but I will keep that under my hat for now.

tldr;  :no1curr

But seriously, you are correct on most points.

• aliens 3 - directors cut is ok, but perhaps not the masterpiece many have proclaimed. all of the failed scripts/re-writes did fincher no favours
  • aliens resurrection - swimming aliens, need i say more
  • prometheus - jon spaight script seemed like a better link to the aliens franchise, but obviously ridley scott knew better, and believed no-one cared about aliens anymore, and that the xenomorph didn't scare anyone
  • covenant - suddenly ridley, in his wisdom,believed the xenomorph was scary, and proceeded to tell us the perfect killing machine was made by an obseleted robot. whatever happened to "paradise lost" script
  • avp 1&2 - first one is plain dumb, but fun. second one, who knows, no lighting so i couldn't make out the movie

What are your thoughts on a potential Alien 5 helmed by Neill Blomkamp? In 100 words or less, preferably
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 05:51:05 PM by Tektonic »

pizzashit

« Reply #6594 on: December 17, 2019, 05:58:36 PM »
which one was the one where the marksmen ricochet shot an alien from like 4 rooms away but couldn’t shoot one right next to him when he was getting merked. That one sucked.

also there was a scene with ripley making a 3 pointer ???

pizzashit

« Reply #6595 on: December 17, 2019, 06:03:26 PM »
 :fbm

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6596 on: December 17, 2019, 06:05:27 PM »
lolrekt nerds

also that dude bumped his own thread and still no one cared lmao

Hermit

« Reply #6597 on: December 17, 2019, 06:39:27 PM »
I come here for quick reads, so I skip over any post with more than 3 sentences usually

benjipwns

« Reply #6598 on: December 17, 2019, 06:44:55 PM »

This post is fantastic.
However, I am bisexual. And if people are willing to throw themselves in the sword if defending a raging misogynist for no reason, in this of all districts, after a woman was just a victim of a torrent of harassment and revenge porn , that people STILL not only defend this fool, but defend tye piece if running in this fucking district of all districts, at this time of all those me, if your willing to so easily dismiss the concerns of half the human population like that and just, at BEST, at absolute best go, *well, yeah, but Medicare For All and free college tho" then it's all the simpler to throw someone like me under the bus, to say not give a fuck at all if say LGBT individuals can be fired for their sexuality or denied the ability to adopt or whatever because "lol, Medicare For All and free University! Everyone benefits! Who cares about anything else! M4A, M4A, M4A!"

I see y'all. And you ain't cute, or clever in the least.

And the worst part is, the worst oart is y'all thinking you're being cute and will deny it.

benjipwns

« Reply #6599 on: December 17, 2019, 07:32:29 PM »
as that thread goes on they're all saying it's literally antisemitic to mention George Soros' as an example of a billionaire in politics that Republicans hate (in the same sentence Cenk mentions union money too) :lol

Quote from: incelsiorlef
Brah we're literally talking about this:

Where he literally says he tells Republicans that he'll get Soros money out of politics
Republicans hate liberals. He says he will get liberal money(Soros') out of politics(together will all the other money) to find common ground with Republicans.
The entire Soros thing is routed in antisemitism.

Literally these people think he funds everything from protesters, to news, to BLM.

He's literally playing into that. You know it. I know it. You're just playing a game here.
wrt the Soros mention. What did Cenk gain from using him as a specific example? He plays into the Republicans' prejudiced views of the man to get their attention. Would his overarching point of money in politics be lesser if he used another example? No. So why exploit the name?

Not going to assert that Cenk is an antisemite, but he clearly evoked that name to appeal to Republican prejudices.
He shouldn't be playing to their conspiracies no.

It's really not hard.

What other bigotry should he appeal to for support?
And as I said before, unless you claim that all Republicans are antisemitic conspiracy theorists, this is a completely legitimate way phrasing an argument for an audience. Republicans hate Soros'. Some because he is a liberal, some because he is a Jew.
Literally they think he controls everything. This is beyond oh he's just some billionaire liberal who has money in politics. They think everything is a product of his money, that he's a puppet master. I think it speaks to Cenk's inability to make a persuasive argument that he has to appeal to bigotry and conspiracy theories to get certain people on board.

I ask again where's the line here. What other bigotry are you cool Cenk playing to for support
More likely, he mentioned Soros to show that he doesn't support billionaires dumping money into elections even if it benefits left wing candidates.
...and the only example he had on hand is the subject of a right-wing antisemitic talking point.
The problem is, what other billionaires are using their money to further leftist policy instead of their personal privilege? Soros is the only example that comes to mind to me easily, and the thing is that most decent leftist policy views billionaires as anathema. Most other billionaires are either explicitly conservative or give to ostensibly left-wing groups specifically in order to promote moderate voices which serve to neuter their effectiveness (see, for example, the Democrats).

Your argument boils down to 'he had no alternative to using a right-wing antisemitic talking point'.
What's the antisemitic talking point? That George Soros is rich and gives money to left wing causes and politicians? That would actually be a statement of fact.
I do not understand your argument. I believe the existence of billionaires is a policy failure. I don't believe, for example, the solution is to mail pipe bombs to Soros's house. I believe he is quite possibly the least bad billionaire, which gives him value as a rhetorical target, and being a billionaire is himself well- insulated from the threats underpinning the antisemitism in any case.
Here's my point: George Soros has been used extensively by the right-wing as a bogeyman, using incredibly antisemitic tropes, referring to him as a rich Jewish 'puppet-master'. When you give the least bit of credence to those attacks to the same people who are using them to begin with, you're only emboldening the antisemitism.

Look at the conversation if it's rearranged thusly:

Republican asshole bigot: fillerGeorge Sorosrellif is a puppet-master who uses his money to control everyone and pays for fake protesters!
Cenk: You're right, George Soros's money is a problem in politics.

If you can't make your points without relying on these antisemitic talking points, you need another point.
Ah I see we’ve reached the Soros part of the discussion.
Worse, we've reached the "it's okay to be anti-semetic, if you can plausibly deny that you are." part of the conversation.
gonna be real with you: "it's ok to be antisemitic to the scary jewish billionaires because they're rich and have all the power" is maybe not a super great perspective to have!
More than likely, since Soros is by far the most famous example of a mega-rich left wing donor.
and why the fuck do you suppose this one jewish guy is such a famous example. why do you suppose right wing personalities are so obsessed with him.
He could've said Bill Gates or any other (ostensible ) Democrat billionaire.
He could have said any other billionaire but he didn't, he said one specific billionaire with a whole lot of anti-semitism, you can't just ignore that because "it could be anyone"
seeing people defend the soros stuff has been incredibly eye opening, because they aren't even trying to be coy about how maybe it was taken out of context or maybe he's changed, just straight up "no it's perfectly reasonable that he does this"