Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 893619 times)

ResetBanBot

Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #7620 on: December 29, 2019, 12:17:37 PM »

The league cheeseburger is friends with KNOWN GAMERGATER Richard Lewis and therefore a bad person who deserves no empathy for her totally natural death.

Someone needs to defend Patrick Klepek's honor.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7621 on: December 29, 2019, 12:24:03 PM »
Can you imagine all the nonsense we're going to get after Spielberg dies?  E.T Returns and Schindler's List II: Furher Harder, I imagine.

Uncle

Tasty

« Reply #7622 on: December 29, 2019, 12:33:40 PM »
Can't wait for the Harry Potter reboot as a tv show

His Dark Materials seems to be working out well. :trumps

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #7623 on: December 29, 2019, 12:50:09 PM »
JonTron is right also did nothing wrong etc
Alt right.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7624 on: December 29, 2019, 12:53:14 PM »
I read those books (Dark Mat.) on a recommendation. I don't know. The plot seemed a little too haphazard.

I wish HBO would pick up Bartimeus Trilogy. Goddamn those books were funny.

And I guess the HBO adaption of Monster didn't pan out :(

Y: The Last Man adaption on the way tho

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7625 on: December 29, 2019, 12:55:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-ot-revenge-of-a-sith-spoilers-now-open.158254/post-27786556

Quote from: Crossing Eden Wires
Daily reminder that TROS, it's writers, and people who would prefer that Rey and SW in general fits neatly in a box/family tree and miss the forest for the tree when it comes to what inspires an audience are incredibly out of touch.

:confused  :idont
ὕβρις

ResetBanBot

« Reply #7626 on: December 29, 2019, 01:34:36 PM »
Children's laser sword cartoon movie created literal evil megacorp to sell to the unwashed masses, chopped up and resold to the unwashed masses of whatever shithole country that wants it. Feeding the worst aspects of consumerism.

But to them it's some sort of political symbol because some marketer correctly assumed how shallow these people are.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7627 on: December 29, 2019, 01:47:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-ot-revenge-of-a-sith-spoilers-now-open.158254/post-27786556

Daily reminder that TROS, it's writers, and people who would prefer that Rey and SW in general fits neatly in a box/family tree and miss the forest for the tree when it comes to what inspires an audience are incredibly out of touch.

:confused  :idont

Shit, I’d almost forgotten.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7628 on: December 29, 2019, 01:49:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/have-we-become-too-reliant-on-alcohol.161840/post-27785425

A billion Muslims say naw

:foodcourt

Also

SAME!!! I will never drink alcohol. I will also refuse to be in the presence of those who do drink. Just because I'm the sober one, doesn't mean I should have to care for intoxicated adults who can't manage themselves. I also just don't feel safe around drunk people.

:lucille
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7629 on: December 29, 2019, 01:53:18 PM »
I too enjoy consuming poison so I'll temporarily feel more confident, and so I can inform everybody of how little I remember from my weekend and how much time I spent vomiting.
Thats what 16 year old kids do. You think 45 year olds with kids and stable jobs are drinking like that? Lol, this forum sometimes really lives up to all its stereotypes

Guy got banned, no doubt rightfully, for something else.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/have-we-become-too-reliant-on-alcohol.161840/post-27785116
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7630 on: December 29, 2019, 01:57:40 PM »
What made it feel more earned? To me, it felt like shoving two people with similar skin colors together in the last hour of the movie because that’s easier for audiences to tolerate than mixed-race couples. And let’s have them both be former stormtroopers so they don’t have to actually bond. It felt like taking some pretty dirty shortcuts possible to making two black people on film appear to have a connection. “Ignore any romantic tension you may have felt between Finn and Rey or Rose. These two black characters used to be slaves. They just fit together.”

Haven't seen the film so who knows but God that reads extreme. :neogaf

https://www.resetera.com/threads/unfinished-general-leia-scenes-reduced-rose%E2%80%99s-role-says-star-wars-9-writer-chris-terrio.161835/post-27788032
ὕβρις

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #7631 on: December 29, 2019, 02:33:04 PM »
What made it feel more earned? To me, it felt like shoving two people with similar skin colors together in the last hour of the movie because that’s easier for audiences to tolerate than mixed-race couples. And let’s have them both be former stormtroopers so they don’t have to actually bond. It felt like taking some pretty dirty shortcuts possible to making two black people on film appear to have a connection. “Ignore any romantic tension you may have felt between Finn and Rey or Rose. These two black characters used to be slaves. They just fit together.”

Haven't seen the film so who knows but God that reads extreme. :neogaf

https://www.resetera.com/threads/unfinished-general-leia-scenes-reduced-rose%E2%80%99s-role-says-star-wars-9-writer-chris-terrio.161835/post-27788032

Doesn't Finn end up with the Felicity girl who never takes off her mask?
sigh

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7632 on: December 29, 2019, 02:37:03 PM »
Children's laser sword cartoon movie created literal evil megacorp to sell to the unwashed masses, chopped up and resold to the unwashed masses of whatever shithole country that wants it. Feeding the worst aspects of consumerism.

But to them it's some sort of political symbol because some marketer correctly assumed how shallow these people are.

Capitalism :tophat
Why receive the ire of the people when you can opt to sell them packaged progressive-ism and cement yourself as the ally of the downtrodden.

« Reply #7633 on: December 29, 2019, 02:48:19 PM »
Also

SAME!!! I will never drink alcohol. I will also refuse to be in the presence of those who do drink. Just because I'm the sober one, doesn't mean I should have to care for intoxicated adults who can't manage themselves. I also just don't feel safe around drunk people.

Is that quotation a troll post?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7634 on: December 29, 2019, 02:55:22 PM »
There could have been such an amazing message about the radicalization of young white men in today's culture with Kylo Ren

https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-ot-revenge-of-a-sith-spoilers-now-open.158254/post-27788973
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7635 on: December 29, 2019, 02:57:34 PM »

Unsubscribe

clothedmacuser

« Reply #7636 on: December 29, 2019, 03:10:56 PM »
There could have been such an amazing message about the radicalization of young white men in today's culture with Kylo Ren

https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-ot-revenge-of-a-sith-spoilers-now-open.158254/post-27788973

:lol :lol :lol
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7637 on: December 29, 2019, 03:12:05 PM »
Also

Might be but they're not wrong. Give Christopher Hitchens some whiskeys and you might have one of the funniest, most enlightening conversations of your life. Give some dumb guy some whiskeys and you get a guy with liquid courage- yeah, the courage to tell you he think minorities are lazy, and also the courage to keep talking to you even though it's clear you're not interested and just want him to leave you the fuck alone. Plus people suddenly think they can fucking touch you. Drunk gay guys (strangers) grabbing my ass, girls grabbing my hair because I won't dance with them...

The ratio of functional alcoholics to dumb fucks is not a good one.

nudemacusers

« Reply #7638 on: December 29, 2019, 03:21:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/have-we-become-too-reliant-on-alcohol.161840/post-27785425

A billion Muslims say naw

:foodcourt

Also

Lol as someone living in the Middle East “Las Vegas”, gonna have to say them Muslim bois love their liquor like anyone else.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

clothedmacuser

« Reply #7639 on: December 29, 2019, 03:29:51 PM »
Also

Might be but they're not wrong. Give Christopher Hitchens some whiskeys and you might have one of the funniest, most enlightening conversations of your life. Give some dumb guy some whiskeys and you get a guy with liquid courage- yeah, the courage to tell you he think minorities are lazy, and also the courage to keep talking to you even though it's clear you're not interested and just want him to leave you the fuck alone. Plus people suddenly think they can fucking touch you. Drunk gay guys (strangers) grabbing my ass, girls grabbing my hair because I won't dance with them...

The ratio of functional alcoholics to dumb fucks is not a good one.

Totally, gay guys and women are always trying to fuck me at the club.  Shit is so annoying.  Even straight dudes pretend to be gay when they get drunk and keep hitting on me.  Could they just stop it.  Fucking lame.

sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7640 on: December 29, 2019, 03:35:27 PM »
I don't want some guy grabbing my ass just because he can. Guess i'm a prude/ hate gays/ hate women.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

clothedmacuser

« Reply #7642 on: December 29, 2019, 04:45:40 PM »
You can be happy or unhappy, but you can't say "KMT is literally our only representation in Star Wars films," which is a direct quote of you, and is not true.
DID YOU READ THE QUOTE OR ARE YOU CHERRY PICKING SO YOU CAN BE TECHNICALLY CORRECT!?!

My god, are we literally at the point where asshole like you tell Asians to be happy with our representation just because you hate a movie? KMT is our sole representative across the main series of movies. With any other coming from a side movie where they all die or from cartoons where I have to guess their race! Out of everything I cannot believe you are trying to outsmart me by cherry picking my statement to act like I don't know that there is more than 1 Asian represenation. And even then, I could be just as petty and mention that she's our sole Asian Actresses with a major role so it wouldn't matter anyway!
I'm not just "technically correct," though I certainly am that. You are the one diminishing the contributions of Asian actors to three of the last 4 Star Wars movies released since 2016. Calling them "Buddha" and acting like they were shit when they were in the central cast and got their own posters, claiming that having two legendary Chinese actors rounding out the protagonist crew in a movie that outperformed Episode 9 on its opening weekend amounts to nothing is definitely... a choice. Push for more, sure - more diversity is great, but what is this need to pretend these contributions practically never happened and are essentially worthless? Rogue One you have those two characters just for East Asian representation, plus Riz Ahmed if you want to expand to the rest of the contintent. Then in Episodes 8 and 9 there is Rose and her sister, and there are plenty of side characters like Ken Leung's character, X-Wing pilots, and outside the films there's Tiya Sircar's character, the Battlefront II protagonist ... Yes, I'm going to call out a comment like "KMT is literally our only representation." It isn't true.
Oh my fucking god. You're serious? You're fucking serious? Yes please thank you I'm so glad so many characters are in shit most people will never play while the one main Star Wars line, the only things most people pay attention to by the way, has a grand total of two Asian characters, one of which dies within the first 5 minutes of meeting her! And to throw every minor character in and call that representation. Are you serious?

Are really trying to tell Asians they are wrong with this shit? Are you really here trying to justify a garbage culling of an Asian actress with "But you had minor characters and a fucking VIDEO GAME CHARACTER!" as this? Fuck this and fuck you. I expect you to justify this next time when more Asian actors get minor little rolls as oh so happy proof that we are "progressing!" This makes me fucking sick. GodamnIT!

:umad :umad :umad

Imagine having a meltdown AS AN ASIAN OH MY FUCKING GOD because someone called out your claim that LITERALLY THE ONLY ASIAN EVER IN STAR WARS is a bullshit claim

Obviously era moderation policy in this kind of scenario is to side with the breathless nonsdensical hysteric because they are triggered over the most inane shit possible, so expect a 'downplaying racism' ban for stating the actual facts of the matter while era continue to psyche themselves into a frenzy of self-determined oppression

This is the most Era post ever.  Guy 2 rationally presenting how the assertion by guy 1 is incorrect and then guy 1 goes into a shit flinging rage and calls guy 2 racist.  Guy 2 is banned.

Emotion, rage, and accusations outweigh facts and logic.  yep, that's NeoGaf and Era.
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #7643 on: December 29, 2019, 05:07:00 PM »
I don't want some guy grabbing my ass just because he can. Guess i'm a prude/ hate gays/ hate women.

Your comment just reminded me of DigitalOP going on a multi thread tirade about how much straight guys pretend to be gay because they love him so much.

:ego

Not wanting to be groped by strangers is totally understandable.  But I'm a whore for that sort of attention even though I present myself as a straight-laced joy kill. 
sigh

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #7644 on: December 29, 2019, 05:51:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/%E2%80%98mass-stabbing%E2%80%99-at-rabbi%E2%80%99s-home-in-rockland-county-ny.161832/post-27791828

A disturbing trend and a thread that only gets 42 posts? Shameful

Meanwhile a thread about a woman who worked hard to become an anesthesiologist and made sound financial decisions resulting in her becoming well off has reached 20+ pages of nonsense haha.

I have a few (probably correct) theories as to why this situation isn't a bigger deal here.

Fish<

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #7645 on: December 29, 2019, 06:21:34 PM »
I wonder if it was another black hebrew israelite. some of the subgroups like nation of yaweh are bad, bad news.
Honestly this is surprising to me. Black Israelites were nothing but hateful silly sidewalk trolls in my neighborhood, I didn't foresee them committing violence.

NY State officials need to specifically call out Trump and the Republican Party.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/%E2%80%98mass-stabbing%E2%80%99-at-rabbi%E2%80%99s-home-in-rockland-county-ny.161832/post-27793928

No doubt that Trump has led to a rise in anti semitism but to connect it to Black Israelites seems a bit weird. I don't think they're fans of Trump either.

Tripon

« Reply #7646 on: December 29, 2019, 06:24:15 PM »
I wonder if it was another black hebrew israelite. some of the subgroups like nation of yaweh are bad, bad news.
Honestly this is surprising to me. Black Israelites were nothing but hateful silly sidewalk trolls in my neighborhood, I didn't foresee them committing violence.

NY State officials need to specifically call out Trump and the Republican Party.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/%E2%80%98mass-stabbing%E2%80%99-at-rabbi%E2%80%99s-home-in-rockland-county-ny.161832/post-27793928

No doubt that Trump has led to a rise in anti semitism but to connect it to Black Israelites seems a bit weird. I don't think they're fans of Trump either.

There was a mass killing by a Black Hebrew Israelite a couple of weeks ago. Its not about being fans of Trump, but the current climate making people in general think they have the go ahead to commit a crime.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #7647 on: December 29, 2019, 06:38:22 PM »

Your comment just reminded me of DigitalOP going on a multi thread tirade about how much straight guys pretend to be gay because they love him so much.

:ego

Not wanting to be groped by strangers is totally understandable.  But I'm a whore for that sort of attention even though I present myself as a straight-laced joy kill.

That’s like the opposite of what happens to Rahx, women always pretend to be lesbians when he is around :heh

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7648 on: December 29, 2019, 06:47:52 PM »
Oop.

:kermit

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7649 on: December 29, 2019, 06:59:42 PM »
https://twitter.com/NESbot_feed/status/1211389436526825473

:brain

Don't really see why this thread needs any attention- the OP isn't into fighting games, all the responses told him no, and the Anniversary Collection was suggested.
:idont
ど助平

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #7650 on: December 29, 2019, 07:06:22 PM »
Guess i'm a prude/ hate gays/ hate women.

Nah. We see your kind as a single-use product.
serge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7651 on: December 29, 2019, 07:12:17 PM »
It's not much to grab to be honest

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7652 on: December 29, 2019, 07:25:33 PM »
Crossing Eden on a roll...

I don't know how anyone can look at this imagery and call TLJ depressing.
(Image removed from quote.)

Because that's literally 1/218880th of the film presented out of any context ?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-ot-revenge-of-a-sith-spoilers-now-open.158254/post-27793693
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7653 on: December 29, 2019, 07:28:25 PM »
...he’s literally about to die in this scene, please say sike lmao
He dies with peace and purpose having restored hope in the galaxy with the most jedi like action EVER seen in a SW movie.

EVER  :wiseau
ὕβρις

Tasty

« Reply #7654 on: December 29, 2019, 08:29:36 PM »
Yeah, and like we discussed earlier, that only lasts until Zemeckis is dead.

Unless he puts it in his will or some shit.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7655 on: December 29, 2019, 08:38:19 PM »
One was going to have Shia as Marty McFly, hilariously enough.

Possibly the greatest thing Zemeckis ever did was getting this shut right down.
dog

clothedmacuser

« Reply #7656 on: December 29, 2019, 09:06:05 PM »
I'm watching TLJ to figure out what people liked about Rose so much and it seems to be the same as the "good design for women," thread.  Except instead of "less skin = good," it's "asian girl = good character."  Her motivations, dialogue, actions don't add up to much but she sure is asian.  I can imagine her having a brilliant 1.5 minute speech in the final movie and it being dismissed for being too short. Less=bad, more = good.

Good food.

sigh

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7657 on: December 29, 2019, 09:30:37 PM »
Eh, I don't think it's correct to downplay the actual point beyond complaining about Rose in ToS. Yeah her character sucked. Yeah Ree is annoying and people are super virtue signalling. No I don't think it was 100% some conspiracy at Disney to appease alt-right people.

But I mean the inherit issue still sucks. Representation of people of color in Hollywood movies still kind of sucks. Maybe more so for Asian for people. Yeah the only merit that really exists for this Rose outrage is that she was Asian. Sure. And if they did include her there would probably be a lot of continued complaints about forced diversity. So it just kind of sucks all around.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 09:37:28 PM by Rahxephon91 »

clothedmacuser

« Reply #7658 on: December 29, 2019, 09:33:01 PM »
Eh, I don't think it's correct to downplay the actual point beyond complaining about Rose in ToS. Yeah her character sucked. Yeah Ree is annoying and people are super virtue signalling. No I don't think it was 100% some conspiracy at Disney to appease alt-right people.

But I mean the inherit issue still sucks. Representation of people of color in Hollywood movies still kind of sucks. Maybe more so for Asian for people. Yeah the only merit that really exists for this Rose outrage is that she was Asian. Sure. And if they did include her there would probably be a lot of complaints about forced diversity. So it just kind of sucks all around.

Hear! Hear!  we can all toast to that
sigh

Tripon

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7660 on: December 29, 2019, 09:50:15 PM »
babbie rose tico  :hyper

Tripon

« Reply #7661 on: December 29, 2019, 09:50:48 PM »

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #7662 on: December 29, 2019, 09:57:14 PM »
Benji on vac or what?  Thread is dead, 5 members, 10 guests.
hey

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7663 on: December 29, 2019, 10:29:12 PM »
it's the holidays  :heart
Uncle

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #7664 on: December 29, 2019, 10:40:00 PM »
Benji on vac or what?
I NO CHEAT, VAC RECORD CLEAN

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #7665 on: December 29, 2019, 10:46:39 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7666 on: December 29, 2019, 10:53:18 PM »
today I stumbled across an 8chan refugee site (one of several?)

it's only been around about 4 months and yet has 44 million posts compared to era's 27 million in its entire existence

of course the standards of discourse at era are much higher, you would expect a lot more thought put into those posts  :heart
Uncle

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #7667 on: December 29, 2019, 11:05:00 PM »
It's same 40 or so people shouting at each other.
Who would want to post on a forum where the same 40 people just get into arguments with each other? :lol
每天生气

Tripon

« Reply #7668 on: December 29, 2019, 11:22:23 PM »
https://twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1211479179167969280

If I can be serious for a second. This is some 3rd rate analysis.

Tripon

« Reply #7669 on: December 29, 2019, 11:22:59 PM »
Who would want to post on a forum where the same 40 people just get into arguments with each other? :lol

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=46819.0

Boredfrom

« Reply #7670 on: December 29, 2019, 11:37:12 PM »
Lupe Fiasco being a weeb and triggering Era for it is the best late Christmas gift.

benjipwns

« Reply #7671 on: December 29, 2019, 11:45:31 PM »
I've noticed Era doesn't have much new members joining or making threads. It's same 40 or so people shouting at each other.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nobody check the R squared of this line please.
[close]

Boredfrom

« Reply #7672 on: December 29, 2019, 11:59:04 PM »
WHY THE FUCK SLAYVEN HAS A ROSE TICO AVATAR  :lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7673 on: December 30, 2019, 12:08:21 AM »

:mjcry
dog

Tuckers Law

« Reply #7674 on: December 30, 2019, 12:09:18 AM »
Cerium doesn’t care about those uppity coloreds, Royalan’s treatment proved as much.  A Rose avatar adds some protection points against immediately being cancelled exposed as a bigot whenever a poster says something reasonably moderate that activates the reee-cabals into red alert.

benjipwns

« Reply #7675 on: December 30, 2019, 12:14:10 AM »
User Banned (duration pending): Antagonizing another member in a sensitive thread.

In one of your many other suicidal threads a couple months ago you had made it sound like you were an accomplished chef. Now you’re saying you’ve just been washing dishes the last 8 years. Am I missing something here?

User Banned (Duration Pending): Transphobia, inflammatory comparison
If you are walking around with a small penis, you don't lead off with that on the first date. You show off the things that make u more appealing and hope that by the time you take them home and open the box, and plug in the chord its too late for them to back out. Then you come overcome that deficit by showing them great first party moves and oral skills err i mean OS.
I value transparency to be honest. Your analogy doesn't work because, no one shows off their dick before interacting with someone (in a traditional dating situation). If someone has some sexually transmitted infection, or is trans, I think that's info that should be given prior to any type of intimacy. Put all your cards on the table, and let the other party make a decision from that point on, then we go from there. Otherwise it seems like you were attempting to hide aspects about yourself you'd rather others didn't find out.​

User warned: Antagonizing another user.

*Looks at who posted topic*

makes sense.
User banned (2 weeks): personal attack, hostility, history of related infractions

The OP was written by the biggest lib on this site who's strategy is seemingly to fuck with the left as much as possible. They are pretty good at it too.
Quote from: Kirblar
It's telling when instead of engaging on the actual merits of the election strategy, some just attack me or the source it was leaked to.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Kirblar
Article's paywalled but I used the free trial to get excerpts here.
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #7676 on: December 30, 2019, 12:24:48 AM »
Remember when everyone put #RESIST on their avatars.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7677 on: December 30, 2019, 12:25:35 AM »
 :reeeee SIST

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7678 on: December 30, 2019, 12:52:44 AM »
stop being reeeecist

ResetBanBot

« Reply #7679 on: December 30, 2019, 12:59:21 AM »
remember when everyone added trans flags to their avatars?