Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 893836 times)

ResetBanBot

Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #8220 on: January 03, 2020, 11:07:36 AM »
I'm not too up on the who's who of ResetEra, but I'm pretty sure Kurdel is an OG. He's going straight at incel, not holding back. Bruh, this is so poppin.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #8221 on: January 03, 2020, 11:10:28 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/goto/post?id=27909848

We've passed "it's ok to doxx and tell people to kill themselves," and gotten to Well, if she kills herself she wasn't strong enough and should have quit.

May this thread be open for 100 years!  :jeb

days from now, Excel:  This whole situation is tragic and I'm sad about the outcome, she was a true angel.  Also, I never said she should kill herself!  I said she should stop going on-line if people are harassing her.
sigh

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8222 on: January 03, 2020, 11:11:36 AM »
I mean if she hadn't have those "cancel" incidents this video would exist?
probably not, she'd probably be helping to cancel someone else, because it's a circle of hypocrites eating each other.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8223 on: January 03, 2020, 11:13:53 AM »
Contrapoints quitting twitter is for the best.
"Actually ContraPoints getting harassed off twitter is a good thing" --something a kiwifarms user would say

Maybe ContraPoints was right with the Kiwi Farms comparison

jorma

« Reply #8224 on: January 03, 2020, 11:23:30 AM »
i don't really get what's happening either, but watching incelsior argue like a literal gamergator is just amazing :delicious

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #8225 on: January 03, 2020, 11:27:38 AM »
https://twitter.com/VoicesOfViolet/status/1213076457372569601

In February 2019, the male-only military draft registry was ruled to be unconstitutional in National Coalition for Men v. Selective Service System.[52] Following the ruling, the Selective Service's Legislative Liaison Jacob Daniels told reporters: "Things continue here at Selective Service as they have in the past, which is men between the ages of 18 and 25 are required to register with Selective Service. And at this time, until we receive guidance from either the court or from Congress, women are not required to register for Selective Service."[53]

The Selective Service System considers the term "male" in the federal law to refer to the sex observed at birth, so trans women are required to register, while trans men are not.[54] Failure to register can cause problems such as denial of Pell Grants, even when registration would not have been allowed.[55] As of 2019, the policy toward allowing service of transgender personnel in the United States military is its own subject of legal dispute. If upheld, under the ban ordered by President Donald Trump, trans women who were required to register with the Selective Service System would not be allowed to serve in the military if drafted or volunteering.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_Service_System

RIP Onilink+

Hermit

« Reply #8226 on: January 03, 2020, 11:31:05 AM »
 :kobeyuck

Begone weirdo

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #8227 on: January 03, 2020, 11:35:03 AM »
My alter is a war criminal  :awesome Also reset banning alt accounts surely that is against plurals  :wag

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8228 on: January 03, 2020, 11:43:44 AM »
"Yikes imagine engaging in cancel culture. That's so awful, I never do that. Wrong side of history." --incel spreadsheet, year 2024

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8229 on: January 03, 2020, 11:45:55 AM »
"Yikes imagine engaging in cancel culture. That's so awful, I never do that. Wrong side of history." --incel spreadsheet, year 2024
But by 2024 we're all dead and/or occupied by the immortal Iran revolutionary corps  ???
🤴

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #8230 on: January 03, 2020, 11:47:24 AM »
Banbot’s weaponized autism :nope
Benji’s weaponized autism :ohyeah

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #8231 on: January 03, 2020, 11:48:50 AM »

pwns, handler or sales?
(ice)

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8232 on: January 03, 2020, 11:54:08 AM »
How do I dislike this post?

nudemacusers

« Reply #8233 on: January 03, 2020, 12:00:03 PM »
How do I dislike this post?
Any time you like one of my posts lonewulfeus gets bitten by a horsefly
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8234 on: January 03, 2020, 12:02:02 PM »
Any time you like one of my posts lonewulfeus gets bitten by a horsefly
not worth it

top of page clepe

nudemacusers

« Reply #8235 on: January 03, 2020, 12:02:30 PM »
 :(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8236 on: January 03, 2020, 12:12:47 PM »

what's her ResetEra account?

Hermit

« Reply #8237 on: January 03, 2020, 12:22:44 PM »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8238 on: January 03, 2020, 12:26:01 PM »
When the Contrapoints controversy initially happened it was a point where I started to realize that I'm getting old and out of touch with some of this stuff because I couldn't make heads or tails of any of it. As someone with no stake in this that has never watched a Contrapoints video before or since this happened the correct move just seemed to be to Grandpa Simpson my way out the door.

It's pretty simple. They're angry at Wynn because she had the audacity to say she prefers to be referred to as a woman instead of being asked if she'd like to be referred to as a woman. They don't like it being pointed out that trans people and non-binary people have competing interests in this respect.

Tripon

« Reply #8239 on: January 03, 2020, 12:29:21 PM »
I suppose part of the 'argument' as it is if you personally think a person should be considered individually, or what the imaginary 'group' should consider. Like others have said, I have don't have an idea what is happening and I don't know where to even start to get knowledgeable about the subject. So uh, yeah.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #8240 on: January 03, 2020, 12:29:46 PM »
Contra quitting twitter isn't inherently that unpopular of an idea, it's the framing of it that people don't like but I truly hope she never goes back to tweets that aren't purely announcements about content or actually content. If only so we don't have to see Lindsay post about living your truth and your brand ever again.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/contrapoints-canceling.162603/post-27910830

What framing?  :lol
She quit because she was harassed. These are really gamergate arguments  :lol

« Reply #8241 on: January 03, 2020, 12:40:51 PM »
When the Contrapoints controversy initially happened it was a point where I started to realize that I'm getting old and out of touch with some of this stuff because I couldn't make heads or tails of any of it. As someone with no stake in this that has never watched a Contrapoints video before or since this happened the correct move just seemed to be to Grandpa Simpson my way out the door.

(Image removed from quote.)

It's pretty simple. They're angry at Wynn because she had the audacity to say she prefers to be referred to as a woman instead of being asked if she'd like to be referred to as a woman. They don't like it being pointed out that trans people and non-binary people have competing interests in this respect.

Yeah, I mean I did get this far and again I think that's where I just decided it was best to just walk out the door as I don't even know where to begin trying to adjudicate the issue (not that I'd have any right to to begin with). I'm being completely sincere here when I say that I think the only thing for me to do is admit that I'm a boring, privileged straight person who has no business trying to enter into this debate.

Hermit

« Reply #8242 on: January 03, 2020, 12:41:42 PM »
Do these people actually participate in anything else aside from twitter/forum arguments surrounding trans/enbie(?)/whateversexual issues?

Get a life you fucking losers
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 12:45:43 PM by Hermit »

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8243 on: January 03, 2020, 12:45:54 PM »
Imagine being a normie, fed a vague but very insistent message that "everything is valid, don't question it, bigot". Then you're informed there was a whole war of definitions and terminology purposefully withheld from the you because it would be too complicated, and require too much discussion, revealing the fundamental flaws held within. Finally you learn that there was no census on anything, and everything was just a lie to make you not question it, and you shut the fuck up like a good NPC because you don't know what makes you a bigot anymore.

Fuck offffffffffffffffffffff

Hermit

« Reply #8244 on: January 03, 2020, 12:49:37 PM »
 :drudge

NORMIE NPC'S FUCK OFFFFF

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8245 on: January 03, 2020, 12:55:26 PM »
I find this a problem in a lot of left stuff, too much is personalty or brand driven. No one should be above legitimate questioning. If you become bigger than the message or think you are I think you are failing the message
Weird how this doesn't apply to ResetEra staff.

Frankly, I've long been tired of "left" youtube as a whole. Cults of personality built around opportunistic liberals complaining about them uppity minorities.
Wait didn't ResetEra have to shut down some uppity blacks talking about white women earlier this week?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8246 on: January 03, 2020, 01:04:26 PM »

Yeah, I mean I did get this far and again I think that's where I just decided it was best to just walk out the door as I don't even know where to begin trying to adjudicate the issue (not that I'd have any right to to begin with). I'm being completely sincere here when I say that I think the only thing for me to do is admit that I'm a boring, privileged straight person who has no business trying to enter into this debate.

That's as far as I got too.

You still get an opinion though... From a purely utilitarian point of view, he/she him/her makes it easier to identify people. People insisting on they/them pronouns leads to so much inefficiency, though I do like the equality aspect of it. Maybe gendered pronouns do lead to a way of thinking that sees men and women as "different" in a way that does not advantage gender equality.

jorma

« Reply #8247 on: January 03, 2020, 01:05:11 PM »

I guess that you post this hateful rant here because you know that even suggesting that there's a debate to be had is a permaban on ree if someone from the ruling class decides to report you for robbing them of their humanity :lol

10centtacos

« Reply #8248 on: January 03, 2020, 01:06:22 PM »
to be truly free you have to cancel yourself

clothedmacuser

« Reply #8249 on: January 03, 2020, 01:08:52 PM »
Left person is told to kill themselves and watch their back: OMG, call the FBI and the cops.  This is literally a bounty on their head.

Alt-right person told to kill themselves and watch their back:  Uh, it's clearly a joke.  No person on our side would really do that.  It's kind of funny really, haha.  I like jokes.

Natalie:  I was told to kill myself. 

Era: Maybe you should just get off the internet if you are scared about it like a pussy.
sigh

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #8250 on: January 03, 2020, 01:12:35 PM »
Frankly, I've long been tired of "left" youtube as a whole. Cults of personality built around opportunistic liberals complaining about them uppity minorities.

Isn't this ironic when complaining about an "uppity" trans woman?

Tasty

clothedmacuser

« Reply #8252 on: January 03, 2020, 01:16:12 PM »

Quote from: Slayven
I find this a problem in a lot of left stuff, too much is personalty or brand driven. No one should be above legitimate questioning. If you become bigger than the message or think you are I think you are failing the message

https://www.resetera.com/threads/contrapoints-canceling.162603/post-27913956

:teehee :teehee :teehee
sigh

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #8253 on: January 03, 2020, 01:24:40 PM »

Quote from: Slayven

https://www.resetera.com/threads/contrapoints-canceling.162603/post-27913956

:teehee :teehee :teehee

Can't wait for all those Anita Sarkeesian critique threads to start popping up now that Slayven has given his blessing.

« Reply #8254 on: January 03, 2020, 01:27:19 PM »
I guess that you post this hateful rant here because you know that even suggesting that there's a debate to be had is a permaban on ree if someone from the ruling class decides to report you for robbing them of their humanity :lol

Heh, I mean to be clear I wasn't even suggesting "both sides" or anything about what a debate should look like. I was mainly just noting that I felt old because for once despite being someone who intentionally or at least incidentally was tapped into these social debates I'm finding myself ill-equipped to understand all the nuances of these conversations. I was also kind of lost recently not in understanding why people were mad at Rowling but completely lost on why all the TERF-types seemed to be from the UK and the answer was something about a UK-mommy forum and I was just puzzled as to how the fuck that happened.

Tiops

« Reply #8255 on: January 03, 2020, 01:33:44 PM »
I never had patience to see a Contra Points video because they are too long and I have better things to do, like playing with my waifu catgirl on my favorite MMORPG, but she seems to be a decently reasonable person and not a complete imbecile.

Being canceled by Era was just a matter of time.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8256 on: January 03, 2020, 01:40:07 PM »
most written editorials have some sort of editing applied to them. youtube shit is just someone in front of a camera with barely any plan so it's all "uh" "um" "well it's like" and a million long pauses and cuts :yuck

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8257 on: January 03, 2020, 01:40:42 PM »
I was also kind of lost recently not in understanding why people were mad at Rowling but completely lost on why all the TERF-types seemed to be from the UK and the answer was something about a UK-mommy forum and I was just puzzled as to how the fuck that happened.

Holy shit looking at this now. That site is crazy. Such a shitty layout.
https://www.mumsnet.com/

clothedmacuser

« Reply #8258 on: January 03, 2020, 01:44:32 PM »

Well in this scenario a "passing or semi-passing tans person" is the person of privilege;  no matter how you feel about the "cancel culture" stuff that's sort of the bottom line of the complaints against Contrapoints.  She literally is complaining from a place of privilege (passing trans woman) relative to the people she is complaining about (not "passing" / non-binary) and then trying to claim that them placating the less privileged is actually "less woke."

There's obvious a meta-conversation to be had about the cancel culture conversation,  etc. but it seems pretty blatant that this Contarpoints lady is a huge hypocrite either way.

Ok, I think I get where a legit "side" against Natalie could come from based on what you have said.  I was also unaware non-bines had it worse than passing trans.  The only non-biners I know is Sam Smith and Rose Mcgowan.

Excel and that other person were doing that thing where they don't analyze anything and call it "bad;" design, thinking, morals, argument, math, optics,  and if you don't agree you are bad too.  When you ask for them to explain how it's bad you just get banned.
sigh

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #8259 on: January 03, 2020, 01:47:39 PM »
Can't believe we're all still talking about this
每天生气

Hermit

« Reply #8260 on: January 03, 2020, 01:51:54 PM »
How dare you edit your fucking post

Like revoked

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #8261 on: January 03, 2020, 01:52:31 PM »
is that sam smith or jude law?

clothedmacuser

« Reply #8262 on: January 03, 2020, 01:55:12 PM »

WTF, switch that shit back to me being cool for posting Rose McGowan tata's.

But the thread is great.  Trans people who are too woke, Trans people who are not woke enough, ENEBIES(?) who are upset in general and former a-wipes who don't steer the trans, or NB, or Asexual, ship anymore fighting for control. 

I hope exel know what the Ides of March is a reference to.
sigh

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #8263 on: January 03, 2020, 01:57:37 PM »
It feels like only 1 year ago where threads on Era in general had more activity, with a lot more different users posting comments.

It also seems like over the past two years we've had a sharp increase in self requested bans as well, especially from longtime users from the old place. Without putting anyone on the spot, because I know everyone has their own personal reasons, it just seems strange to me with the amount of people doing it.

I wonder :hmm

Tripon

« Reply #8264 on: January 03, 2020, 01:58:35 PM »
Did anyone check if Sabrina is okay?

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #8265 on: January 03, 2020, 02:01:41 PM »
FUUUUCCCKKK OOOOOFFFFF.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8266 on: January 03, 2020, 02:14:05 PM »
The "privilege" here is "people assume my gender correctly."  That's it; I'm not talking about some overall "how bad people have it" thing.

It's not about assuming gender correctly, it's about whether someone wants you to assume gender, and what should be the standard.

BisMarckie

« Reply #8267 on: January 03, 2020, 02:18:17 PM »
Can you stop careposting on today of all days when Dan Ryckert is leaving giantbomb dot com?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8268 on: January 03, 2020, 02:18:52 PM »
i heard that site is dying anyway

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8269 on: January 03, 2020, 02:23:17 PM »
I hate that i'm so woke that regular people wouldn't be able to understand what the fuck we're talking about. That's the cross we bear riotous : (

BisMarckie

« Reply #8270 on: January 03, 2020, 02:23:23 PM »
i heard that site is dying anyway

They need to hire Mary Kish and go for the big thot money with their premium subs.

GB premium snapchats. :jeb

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8271 on: January 03, 2020, 02:25:04 PM »
$35/year for a sub
$50/year with a free shirt
$100/year with free shirt and kish feet pics

it could work

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8272 on: January 03, 2020, 02:29:55 PM »
The "privilege" here is "people assume my gender correctly."  That's it; I'm not talking about some overall "how bad people have it" thing.

It's not about assuming gender correctly, it's about whether someone wants you to assume gender, and what should be the standard.

It's about both.   Not sure how you can proclaim it "isn't about assuming gender correctly";  she essentially made it about that in her tweets where she talks about how.. people assume her gender correctly.   

But yes it's more complicated than "assuming gender correctly"; never said it wasn't.

Its not about either.
It's about the vastly disproportionate 'punishment' of targeted harassment by a twitter mob for the 'crime' of speaking an opinion.
The usual suspects want to "its actually about ethics in games journalism" the conversation because they are fucking pieces of shit that get off on that type of behaviour, as anyone who has been unfortunate to get into a 'discussion' with most of them will be able to recall.

What the actual underlying fucking opinion is doesn't actually matter. It's just the casus belli.

« Reply #8273 on: January 03, 2020, 02:31:09 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/goto/post?id=27909848

We've passed "it's ok to doxx and tell people to kill themselves," and gotten to Well, if she kills herself she wasn't strong enough and should have quit.

May this thread be open for 100 years!  :jeb

days from now, Excel:  This whole situation is tragic and I'm sad about the outcome, she was a true angel.  Also, I never said she should kill herself!  I said she should stop going on-line if people are harassing her.

https://twitter.com/tylerthecreator/status/285670822264307712?lang=en

Is this not literally Excel's stance?  Could have swore Era was against this kind of logic.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #8275 on: January 03, 2020, 02:50:33 PM »
i've noticed a huge downturn in pre-order cancelled culture over the last couple of years

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #8276 on: January 03, 2020, 02:51:27 PM »
lotta folks can't just sit around and browse era all day, they got responsibilities and a life.

Sure Jan.
ὕβρις

10centtacos

« Reply #8277 on: January 03, 2020, 02:54:08 PM »
All the sales insiders left due to harassment

Mods stepping down or being forced out

Ridiculously high number of bans/warnings

Petty infighting between "marginalized" groups in a hyper-woke community

Normies requesting self-bans

Thousands of Rian Johnson/TLJ threads

Really surprised to see traffic slow down

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #8278 on: January 03, 2020, 02:57:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-it-just-me-or-have-postings-on-era-kind-of-slowed-down.162792/page-4#post-27917526

People age out of things, forums are largely old-hat and obsolete compared to things like discord/twitter, it's the holidays so there's not a ton of news and people got other shit to do.

That and Resetera has experienced quite a few controversies in 2019 that caused people to leave, including several prominent members (Phantom Thief, Bronson Lee, etc.)

Resetera also has a bit of a reputation on the mainstream net, which probably stymies people joining up a fair bit.

:sabu
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8279 on: January 03, 2020, 03:00:15 PM »

It's about both.   Not sure how you can proclaim it "isn't about assuming gender correctly";  she essentially made it about that in her tweets where she talks about how.. people assume her gender correctly.   

But yes it's more complicated than "assuming gender correctly"; never said it wasn't.

Its not about either.
It's about the vastly disproportionate 'punishment' of targeted harassment by a twitter mob for the 'crime' of speaking an opinion.
The usual suspects want to "its actually about ethics in games journalism" the conversation because they are fucking pieces of shit that get off on that type of behaviour, as anyone who has been unfortunate to get into a 'discussion' with most of them will be able to recall.

What the actual underlying fucking opinion is doesn't actually matter. It's just the casus belli.

Like I said;  the cancel culture conversation is separate.

Ignoring that aspect of it,  I'm just discussing what Lindsay said and why it might be controversial.

But totally get you are incapable of having conversations like that, so cheers.

:confused

that's literally what the topic is about.
its the people that don't want to address their own shitty behaviour and contributions towards #cancelculture who are attempting to change the narrative to be "cancel culture doesn;t even exit, but IF IT DOES then its only because people deserve it, and I'm not saying I'm cool with harrassment BUT IF I AM its not really harrassment because I disagree with what they said, and they basically asked for it".

The creator of that videos name is Natalie, not Lindsay btw, unless you're now diverting onto yet another conversation about spillover of targetted harrassment onto people tangentially related to the original target for heresy by association  :-*