Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 893667 times)

Hermit

Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #8700 on: January 06, 2020, 09:11:13 AM »
I'm stuck in a one bedroom apartment for the foreseeable future, so my options are limited.

I'll probably post my setup in our thread later today.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8701 on: January 06, 2020, 09:29:51 AM »
I'm waiting for the Benji arc where he gets fired for leaking proprietary data from his workplace.

Gamestop will shut down first. Then what will he do?
GameXplain
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #8702 on: January 06, 2020, 09:32:54 AM »
But he had cool stuff when we were kids! (that his Dad obsessed over, and weirdly played with us half the time)

This is your brain on Star Wars. :jared

Tasty

« Reply #8703 on: January 06, 2020, 09:33:30 AM »
benji's going to run for the Dem nomination and win it, the crazy bastard.

Tasty

« Reply #8704 on: January 06, 2020, 09:33:57 AM »
I've noticed most people with elaborate gaming set ups aren't people I see usually posting in threads. Guess they figure most threads are trash-fires so they stick to playing videogames instead.

The duality of gaming forums. The more you post the less you play, and vice versa. :'(

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #8705 on: January 06, 2020, 09:35:07 AM »
I've noticed most people with elaborate gaming set ups aren't people I see usually posting in threads. Guess they figure most threads are trash-fires so they stick to playing videogames instead.

Imagine playing games and not just bitching about the politics, depiction of women and the publishers, fucking gamer scum.

Tiops

« Reply #8706 on: January 06, 2020, 09:37:27 AM »
There are a lot of nice setups there indeed. But we know why tabris likes to create that thread.

skullstorm

« Reply #8707 on: January 06, 2020, 09:41:46 AM »
tabris already graced us with his yearly "Check my apartment and how I'm rich" thread. Always fun.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/post-your-gaming-setup-2020-edition.162478/
Some of them are pretty good at interior decorating.

We have a thread on our gaming side too:
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=46802.0

Also, Tabris' fancy appartment is all Ikea furniture.
That table is Ikea, the couch is Ikea too, I have the same one but the 2 seater instead of the 3 seater.  :lol

Oh man I have that sofa too, I'm in interesting company

BisMarckie

« Reply #8708 on: January 06, 2020, 09:42:26 AM »
Have I told you guys about my gamerscore? :smug

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #8709 on: January 06, 2020, 09:43:44 AM »

69,420?

BisMarckie

« Reply #8710 on: January 06, 2020, 09:47:47 AM »
Showing off feels good *shrug*

"But it's sad you feel the need!"  I mean life is sad, if something like showing off brings you joy, so be it.

I am not good at showing off :stahp

I always feel the need to make self-depreciating jokes when people admire stuff that I have/did. :goty2

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #8711 on: January 06, 2020, 09:50:08 AM »
I honestly never got being upset at Tabris. Dude has money, so what? He seems like a prick, sure but the only way he can upset you is if you let him so why do that to yourself?
can't remember if it was on gaf or re but didn't some guy have a huge meltdown over people with expensive set ups?

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #8712 on: January 06, 2020, 10:01:05 AM »

More interested in your Gaymer score tbh.
Oi Oi

Tiops

« Reply #8713 on: January 06, 2020, 10:10:34 AM »
Eh, I don't get upset at tabris, I just find it a little weird that he needs to show his stuff to a place like Era/Gaf. And people like that tends to be pricks in real life.

Just let me have fun pointing at people on Era without needing to justify myself, fuck oooooooooooooofffff

Hermit

« Reply #8714 on: January 06, 2020, 10:12:08 AM »
I honestly never got being upset at Tabris. Dude has money, so what? He seems like a prick, sure but the only way he can upset you is if you let him so why do that to yourself?
can't remember if it was on gaf or re but didn't some guy have a huge meltdown over people with expensive set ups?
That guy made such a fool of himself. Let me try to find it.

Here we go. He requested his account to be closed, but thankfully his posts are still there. His name was jkm23.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/post-your-gaming-setup-2019-edition.95166/page-2#post-17153694

Ok, but he's not getting why everyone is ashamed/reluctant to post what they've got now, and his solution isn't gonna work lol.

I was going to post my setup, because I'm poor and useless as fuck so whatever I've got is secondhand, free, low end and I'm proud of what I've managed to put together. But, whatever. I'm out, fuck this thread. Circle jerk over some rich person's shit, IDGAF.
:neogaf

« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 10:18:57 AM by Hermit »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8715 on: January 06, 2020, 10:22:20 AM »

Is that the new Alt-Right social score?
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #8716 on: January 06, 2020, 10:24:08 AM »

Is that the new Alt-Right social score?
is this the story of Darth Broski the drunk?

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #8717 on: January 06, 2020, 10:27:23 AM »
Gervais is still garbage and if you like him you stan garbage.

:crybaby
Fish<

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #8718 on: January 06, 2020, 10:28:41 AM »
Ricky Jebait only has power over you if you let him, silly reepie.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #8719 on: January 06, 2020, 10:30:34 AM »
It’s easy to be the richest guy on resetera when a third of them are on disability.
Oi Oi

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #8720 on: January 06, 2020, 10:38:13 AM »
Why didn't they close threads about the golden globes considering the transphobic emcee?

Hermit

« Reply #8721 on: January 06, 2020, 10:41:05 AM »
I'm surprised Gervais isn't a banned personality there

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #8722 on: January 06, 2020, 10:41:28 AM »
I wonder if this guy was on GAF

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #8723 on: January 06, 2020, 10:50:04 AM »
It’s easy to be the richest guy on resetera when a third of them are on disability.

And that's exactly why Tabris posts the same shit over and over.  I'm sure none of his friends and family are impressed by his basic bitch 101 junior stockbroker apartment/vacations/lifestyle.

Ghoul

« Reply #8724 on: January 06, 2020, 10:52:00 AM »
Tabris strikes me like the sort of guy that would cum over some business cards, he's american incel.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8725 on: January 06, 2020, 10:54:36 AM »
tabris already graced us with his yearly "Check my apartment and how I'm rich" thread. Always fun.

It's less impressive when you consider that it's like one bedroom and doesn't have a lot in it- and what's there is from Ikea.  (Not that I'm hating on being a minimalist or Ikea furniture, either)  I think he also said that his place costs like $500,000...Canadian.  So $400,000 U.S.  Not exactly "baller."  The best thing about where he is are the views from the large windows- cover those up and it's not exactly anything particularly impressive- he's no Chittagong.
:expert
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8726 on: January 06, 2020, 10:57:57 AM »
I wonder if this guy was on GAF

That's from 2017- pretty sure he either moved or added on more rooms to fill up (or both) since then.  :lol
ど助平

Ghoul

« Reply #8727 on: January 06, 2020, 10:58:53 AM »

It's less impressive when you consider that it's like one bedroom and doesn't have a lot in it- and what's there is from Ikea.  (Not that I'm hating on being a minimalist or Ikea furniture, either)  I think he also said that his place costs like $500,000...Canadian.  So $400,000 U.S.  Not exactly "baller."  The best thing about where he is are the views from the large windows- cover those up and it's not exactly anything particularly impressive- he's no Chittagong.

God damn Chittagong has a nice fucking place.

Hermit

« Reply #8728 on: January 06, 2020, 10:59:51 AM »

Fuck that's beautiful.

I make like $35k a year before taxes so something even half of what Chittagong has is a pipedream.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #8729 on: January 06, 2020, 11:01:36 AM »
Tabris isn't so much annoying because he's got a comfy income and shows off. He just acts dumb and aloof about himself. He was obnoxious back on GAF.

Only knock I have against his home is if he doesn't have blinds for his windows cause the sun hitting the TV is a pet peeve of mine.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #8730 on: January 06, 2020, 11:01:46 AM »
When the kids are out of the house I will totally build an elaborate flight sim setup though. :jeb

as a grown ass father your entire remit should be flight sims, strategy games and various bits of useless home help software that you found on the shovelware tree at wallmart which include their own dialer.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8731 on: January 06, 2020, 11:01:56 AM »
I honestly never got being upset at Tabris. Dude has money, so what? He seems like a prick, sure, but the only way he can upset you is if you let him so why do that to yourself?

Who gets upset at him?  He's so absurd- remember when he was posting about how everyone should be  living in little high-rise condos in cities like Vancouver on NeoGAF and got shit all over?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 11:11:34 AM by pork »
ど助平

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #8732 on: January 06, 2020, 11:05:57 AM »
Tabris has also made known that he doesn’t save any of his paycheck. No 401k and no investing. Seems kind of odd.
Oi Oi

Ghoul

« Reply #8733 on: January 06, 2020, 11:10:39 AM »
Tabris has also made known that he doesn’t save any of his paycheck. No 401k and no investing. Seems kind of odd.

Very Smort.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8734 on: January 06, 2020, 11:15:06 AM »

Isn’t it obvious he’s from a wealthy family?

no
ど助平

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #8735 on: January 06, 2020, 11:16:36 AM »

Some of those setups make me cum

:noah

Let me guess, the ones with shelves full of Amiibos and walls covered with MLP posters?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8736 on: January 06, 2020, 11:17:43 AM »
If you want insane "gaming" setups, nothing compares to these:

ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8737 on: January 06, 2020, 11:26:40 AM »

Fuck that's beautiful.

I make like $35k a year before taxes so something even half of what Chittagong has is a pipedream.
That depends on your goal. Some things like the view and a separate terrace for breakfast and snuggling are hard to do, same as the Kitchen but a few classy items, fresh paint and a minimalist look can go a long way to change up your living room.
I'm currently still renting so it's not really worth it to go all the way but getting halfway there should be doable. I'm getting one of those 1929 Expo/Barcelona chairs that I spotted in both Chittagong and Tabris set-ups in a few days
which is an item that easily upgrades the look of your place.

What I'm mostly impressed by is the flow between different spaces and how something as tacky as a Super Nintendo with a few cartridges looks 'classy' because of the way the items become part of the interior.
Those bois don't yet have aquarium walls or abstract art on their ceiling however so it's mostly color, placement, contrast and keeping it clean and organized that makes their places work. Although I imagine they also have very fancy bathrooms and the likes.

If you want insane "gaming" setups, nothing compares to these:

Someone likes led strips  :lol

My dream interior would have a LED wall like in these scenes from Skyfall and John Wick 3:

For some reason I think that would be the most awesome thing ever to make work in an interior.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 11:34:36 AM by Nintex »
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8738 on: January 06, 2020, 11:31:12 AM »
Tabris isn't so much annoying because he's got a comfy income and shows off. He just acts dumb and aloof about himself. He was obnoxious back on GAF.

Only knock I have against his home is if he doesn't have blinds for his windows cause the sun hitting the TV is a pet peeve of mine.

He upgraded!

Here is my setup as of Jan 2020. A quick note, the reflection is easily removed when I click the button to bring down the blinds. I took the first 3 photos using the new wide angle option on my iPhone so some aspects may look a bit stretched.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8739 on: January 06, 2020, 11:33:31 AM »

Fuck that's beautiful.

That depends on your goal. Some things like the view and a separate terrace for breakfast and snuggling are hard to do, same as the Kitchen but a few classy items, fresh paint and a minimalist look can go a long way to change up your living room.
I'm currently still renting so it's not really worth it to go all the way but getting halfway there should be doable. I'm getting one of those 1929 Expo/Barcelona chairs that I spotted in both Chittagong and Tabris set-ups in a few days
which is an item that easily upgrades the look of your place.

What I'm mostly impressed by is the flow between different spaces and how something as tacky as a Super Nintendo with a few cartridges looks 'classy' because of the way the items become part of the interior.
Those bois don't yet have aquarium walls or abstract art on their ceiling however so it's mostly color, placement, contrast and keeping it clean and organized that makes their places work. Although I imagine they also have very fancy bathrooms and the likes.

I take it you mean Chittagong- Tabris' place is less impressive when you consider that everything is in one single room. He wishes he had Chittagong's place- even with dude not posting on reeeee anymore, it's obvious he's still trying to copy it as best as he can.  And by that, I mean copy the look of the guy who copied the look of Harvey Specter's apartment from Suits.  You can even see it on Tabris' TV in the 2019 thread.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Ghoul

« Reply #8741 on: January 06, 2020, 11:38:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/post-your-gaming-setup-2020-edition.162478/#post-27867341

This was a great troll.

Nah because it ended in people wanking over Naughty Dog / power of the playstation again

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8742 on: January 06, 2020, 11:40:38 AM »
ど助平

SmokyDave

« Reply #8743 on: January 06, 2020, 11:43:12 AM »
You flashy fuckers with your fixed abodes. Pffft.

Ghoul

« Reply #8744 on: January 06, 2020, 11:49:04 AM »
 :nope Reset community living

:ohyeah Bore community living

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8745 on: January 06, 2020, 12:01:43 PM »
I take it you prefer British interiors, which somehow always look like unfinished school art projects taken from storage.
🤴

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #8746 on: January 06, 2020, 12:03:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-there-such-a-thing-as-being-too-utilitarian.163294/

Basically, whenever the issues of the world are happening, I put so much energy and care into what's going on to the point that anything else is a distraction.

Personal life? Not important. Family? Not important. Hobbies and the little joys to take in life daily? Completely irrelevant. Any minute wasted on not dedicating to the world's issues is one step closer to worsening them

Somehow I don’t believe him.
Oi Oi

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8747 on: January 06, 2020, 12:05:30 PM »
I put so much energy and care into what's going on to the point that anything else is a distraction.

Except posting on internet forums, natch.
©@©™

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #8748 on: January 06, 2020, 12:08:44 PM »

Ghoul

« Reply #8749 on: January 06, 2020, 12:09:07 PM »
Hobbes has been very quiet lately.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #8750 on: January 06, 2020, 12:09:35 PM »
I put so much energy and care into what's going on to the point that anything else is a distraction.

Except posting on internet forums, natch.

That's what he means by "put so much energy and care into what's going on". Probably tweets, too.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Ghoul

« Reply #8752 on: January 06, 2020, 12:21:08 PM »

SmokyDave

« Reply #8753 on: January 06, 2020, 12:23:12 PM »
I take it you prefer British interiors, which somehow always look like unfinished school art projects taken from storage.
Wood panelling and flocked wallpaper as far as the eye can see.

Tasty

« Reply #8754 on: January 06, 2020, 12:23:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-there-such-a-thing-as-being-too-utilitarian.163294/

Basically, whenever the issues of the world are happening, I put so much energy and care into what's going on to the point that anything else is a distraction.

Personal life? Not important. Family? Not important. Hobbies and the little joys to take in life daily? Completely irrelevant. Any minute wasted on not dedicating to the world's issues is one step closer to worsening them

Somehow I don’t believe him.

Caring about unnecessary things you have no control over is the opposite of utilitarianism...

Utilitarianism is a family of consequentialist ethical theories that promotes actions that maximize happiness and well-being for the affected individuals.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8755 on: January 06, 2020, 12:30:15 PM »
Quote from: PlanetSmasher
Your dad's never gonna love you, you weaselly piece of shit. Stop posturing.

oh_hey_era_finally_found_their_motto.joke

ShutUp

« Reply #8756 on: January 06, 2020, 12:34:10 PM »
Gervais is still garbage and if you like him you stan garbage.

:crybaby

He's definitely no Ike Perlmutter. I wonder why Perlmutter and Trump being friends is never brought up on ERA. Marvel needs to be #cancelled.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8758 on: January 06, 2020, 12:38:18 PM »

jorma

« Reply #8759 on: January 06, 2020, 12:39:00 PM »
Hobbes has been very quiet lately.

He realized nobody was going to dick him.

https://twitter.com/Hobbesenero/status/1213598990169788416
https://twitter.com/Hobbesenero/status/1213508590138511360

Cute GF pillow confirmed?

I live with my dad (gotta make up for lost time)  :lucille

it definitely sounds like his life had a recent downgrade - from falling asleep after fucking a hot grill every night compared to falling asleep listening to Hitler speeches ASMR, but what do i know