Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 893670 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #10740 on: January 21, 2020, 09:35:33 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2020-ot-1-the-anti-benghazi-read-staff-post.162687/post-28435736
Quote from: Aaron
If Sanders is the nominee and Clinton doesn’t announce her endorsement (note: this can even include an intent to vote for him, I imagine the Sanders camp would view her as a liability in campaigning anyway) I’ll drink my own piss and post a video of it on Era.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #10741 on: January 21, 2020, 09:37:21 AM »
Missed opportunity for a poll in that Hillary thread.
ὕβρις

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #10742 on: January 21, 2020, 09:38:27 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2020-ot-1-the-anti-benghazi-read-staff-post.162687/post-28435736
Quote from: Aaron
If Sanders is the nominee and Clinton doesn’t announce her endorsement (note: this can even include an intent to vote for him, I imagine the Sanders camp would view her as a liability in campaigning anyway) I’ll drink my own piss and post a video of it on Era.

Somewhere out there TVC just had a massive erection, and he doesn’t even know why :aah
Margs

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #10743 on: January 21, 2020, 09:39:40 AM »
A bunch of fucking clowns just going to keep pretending Comey wasn't a thing.

Trash.

Which Comey thing? The one where Lynch tried to get him to say it wasn't an investigation but an ongoing matter?

ResetBanBot

« Reply #10744 on: January 21, 2020, 09:40:01 AM »
lmao democrats

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #10745 on: January 21, 2020, 09:41:10 AM »

ResetBanBot

« Reply #10746 on: January 21, 2020, 09:42:38 AM »
punished benji went after benjisales for taking his name

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10747 on: January 21, 2020, 09:43:26 AM »

Hermit

« Reply #10748 on: January 21, 2020, 09:46:30 AM »
fuck imagine actually caring this deeply about politics

ResetBanBot

« Reply #10749 on: January 21, 2020, 09:47:13 AM »
The real take away is that not once, but twice the democrats have allowed a woman to completely sabotage their chances to win. This is despite the fact that beating Trump in an election would be exceptionally easy with a one-sixteenth decent candidate. The democrats wouldn't even have to try to beat Trump, all they need to do is stop doing everything in their power to make themselves look like a bunch of morons.

No joke. The democrats would beat Trump if they went radio silent, did not run any election campaign, and then put a random person no one has ever heard of on the ballot. That's how easy it would be, but they manage to sabotage that. Amazing.
Reminder

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10750 on: January 21, 2020, 09:49:24 AM »
even worse when it's US politics and a bunch of people foreign to the states giving a shit

Hermit

« Reply #10751 on: January 21, 2020, 09:50:28 AM »
even worse when it's US politics and a bunch of people foreign to the states giving a shit
gotta be a part of the discourse so you can collectively shit on people you don't agree with

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10752 on: January 21, 2020, 09:50:52 AM »

Trash.

Which Comey thing? The one where Lynch tried to get him to say it wasn't an investigation but an ongoing matter?

You aren't this stupid. Pretending you are isn't a good look.

There was alot of Comey things.

The press release was a response to that request and the Bill/ Lynch meeting.

---

found the super ignore in case anyone wants - Rex Rocks!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/super-ignore-for-the-bore/gmjhadkapjdfmmfgefdkeachnngnmkjj

spoiler (click to show/hide)
(this wasn't for you glenda :lol)
[close]

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #10753 on: January 21, 2020, 09:51:40 AM »
Imagine only being 21 days into the year 2020 and being tired of American politics already. It's really not okay.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #10754 on: January 21, 2020, 09:55:10 AM »
Democracy is a spook.

SmokyDave

« Reply #10755 on: January 21, 2020, 09:56:13 AM »
I reckon I’ll chuck fifty quid on trump being re-elected, but that’s where my interest ends. Still, I wouldn't bother to vote on the UK election so that's an unhealthy level of interest already. Mind you, American politics are like the WWE. Shameful to watch, but occasionally you dip in anyway.

I did one of those ‘who should I vote for’ things last time and it gave me Bernie. I’ll still bet against him though.

benjipwns

« Reply #10756 on: January 21, 2020, 09:58:50 AM »
I reckon I’ll chuck fifty quid on trump being re-elected, but that’s where my interest ends. Still, I wouldn't bother to vote on the UK election so that's an unhealthy level of interest already.
literal GamerGate talking points, during this lunar cycle of all lunar cycles smdh

nudemacusers

« Reply #10757 on: January 21, 2020, 10:00:22 AM »
one day people will worry as much as the shoes the wear outside in public spaces, something they have actual control over.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

SmokyDave

« Reply #10758 on: January 21, 2020, 10:01:43 AM »
literal GamerGate talking points, during this lunar cycle of all lunar cycles smdh
Dude, I spent a chunk of this weekend watching Australian Teen TV Sensation 'H2O: Just Add Water'. Don't talk to me about lunar cycles, that's when I'm getting my mermaid powers.

Ghoul

« Reply #10759 on: January 21, 2020, 10:03:44 AM »
Dude, I spent a chunk of this weekend watching Australian Teen TV Sensation 'H2O: Just Add Water'. Don't talk to me about lunar cycles, that's when I'm getting my mermaid powers.

Meanwhile the kids want to watch tv and you're like "NO DADDY IS BUSY"

benjipwns

« Reply #10760 on: January 21, 2020, 10:05:31 AM »
Try getting informed: https://www.vox.com/culture/2020/1/20/20808875/gamergate-lessons-cultural-impact-changes-harassment-laws
What we still haven’t learned from Gamergate
Gamergate should have armed us against bad actors and bad-faith arguments. It didn’t.
By Aja Romano@ajaromano  Jan 20, 2020, 9:00am EST

It’s natural to assess what sociocultural lessons we’ve learned from the previous decade, now that we’ve entered a new one — and whether they’re the kinds that might help us make the 2020s a better era. No honest attempt at such an assessment can be complete without grappling with the messy human dramas and the increasing trend toward polarized, incendiary conversations that emerged in the latter half of the 2010s. And that means contending with the unlikely, unpleasant, and far-reaching watershed movement that was Gamergate.

As it was happening, many members of the media were quick to dismiss it. Sparked by a single blog post published in August 2014, Gamergate was still very much alive and well when an editor asked me, as a reporter who covered it since the very beginning, to write a “recap” of it near the end of that year. The editor wanted a piece that framed the entire event in the past tense, even though the hashtag was still going strong, the women it targeted were still being harassed, and supporters were planning offline actions to take place at upcoming geek conventions.

Soon after I recapped it, other publications wrote about Gamergate as if it were more or less over, too. One predicted that 2015 would be “the year everyone forgot about Gamergate,” noting that it “is still around as a twitter hashtag and a forum topic, but the relevance is waning from its peak in the fall. That’s going to keep happening.”

That did not keep happening. But the media’s insistence that it would provides a key insight into why Gamergate endured, and why it ultimately coalesced into the larger alt-right movement that helped fuel the election of President Trump.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10761 on: January 21, 2020, 10:05:53 AM »

:rofl

So that's Warren and Clinton thanking Bernie because calling him a dick indirectly.

:lol

benjipwns

« Reply #10762 on: January 21, 2020, 10:09:42 AM »
This actually reminds me, anyone who dislikes Bernie supporters, please avoid using Bernie bros instead as I've seen a sizeable amount of trans women who support him whose dysphoria is triggered when they get lumped in as Bernie Bros

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10763 on: January 21, 2020, 10:12:29 AM »

Trash.

You aren't this stupid. Pretending you are isn't a good look.

There was alot of Comey things.

The press release was a response to that request and the Bill/ Lynch meeting.

---

found the super ignore in case anyone wants - Rex Rocks!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/super-ignore-for-the-bore/gmjhadkapjdfmmfgefdkeachnngnmkjj

spoiler (click to show/hide)
(this wasn't for you glenda :lol)
[close]

You know quite well that when someone says "Comey" they are talking about his bullshit letter in October that threw the race.

"Herp derp, yOu MeAn TeH lYnCh?!?" just makes you look distinguished mentally-challenged fellowed.

That's all the same "comey thing" his letter didn't happen in a vaccum.

nudemacusers

« Reply #10764 on: January 21, 2020, 10:13:59 AM »
This actually reminds me, anyone who dislikes Bernie supporters, please avoid using Bernie bros instead as I've seen a sizeable amount of trans women who support him whose dysphoria is triggered when they get lumped in as Bernie Bros
Let’s see if the trans awareness strike can overpower the hilldawg squad defense:

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

ResetBanBot

« Reply #10765 on: January 21, 2020, 10:18:05 AM »
I understand that initialy there could be miscommunication, but when rape victim asks you to remove account of rape, the only acceptable answer is: I will do EVERYTHING to make it right for you!
This is what ResetEra thinks journalism is. Any journalist worth their salt would absolutely refuse to remove the actual allegation from an allegation article. Only a TMZ newsblog would override their journalistic integrity for optics. Totilo is a hack, but he was forced, he knows this, but it is the nature of modern "journalism".

If your words aren't in print what are they even worth? That's why journalists will fight tooth and nail - it sucks.
Law enforcement has not been mentioned once in the whole article. People are very resistant to the idea that #MeToo is a clickbait foil for journalists, but that's exactly what happened in this instance. No one wants justice, they want to justify their cognitive dissonance of feeding into a mechanism that actively subverts the criminal justice process.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 10:22:12 AM by ResetBanBot »

Ghoul

« Reply #10766 on: January 21, 2020, 10:18:49 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-%E2%80%98was-a-career-politician%E2%80%99-%E2%80%98he-got-nothing-done%E2%80%99.165928/page-9#post-28435679

Reminder that "Clinton lost to Trump" isn't as effective of an insult as you think it is when your candidate got demolished by Clinton and is currently losing to the ghost of Joe Biden.

dang.

benjipwns

« Reply #10767 on: January 21, 2020, 10:19:32 AM »
Quote from: 2Bee, moderator
Im sorry if I said anything to make you feel this way, I’m really arguing in good faith and could be 100% wrong.

You wouldn't be the first one on Poli-Era who argued in good faith and got a warning or temporary ban for trolling, I can assure you that.

The discussion culture here is deeply poisoned by that whole "you're either with us / for my left candidate or you just must be an alt-right troll, there's no other explanation!" attitude of some people. Which wouldn't be an issue if mods didn't follow their lead...

Exchanging political views here on Era used to make fun, but these days if your a centrist or want a centrist to win the nomination, you're basically the devil incarnate.
:fbm

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10768 on: January 21, 2020, 10:19:45 AM »
Try getting informed: https://www.vox.com/culture/2020/1/20/20808875/gamergate-lessons-cultural-impact-changes-harassment-laws
What we still haven’t learned from Gamergate
Gamergate should have armed us against bad actors and bad-faith arguments. It didn’t.
By Aja Romano@ajaromano  Jan 20, 2020, 9:00am EST

It’s natural to assess what sociocultural lessons we’ve learned from the previous decade, now that we’ve entered a new one — and whether they’re the kinds that might help us make the 2020s a better era. No honest attempt at such an assessment can be complete without grappling with the messy human dramas and the increasing trend toward polarized, incendiary conversations that emerged in the latter half of the 2010s. And that means contending with the unlikely, unpleasant, and far-reaching watershed movement that was Gamergate.

As it was happening, many members of the media were quick to dismiss it. Sparked by a single blog post published in August 2014, Gamergate was still very much alive and well when an editor asked me, as a reporter who covered it since the very beginning, to write a “recap” of it near the end of that year. The editor wanted a piece that framed the entire event in the past tense, even though the hashtag was still going strong, the women it targeted were still being harassed, and supporters were planning offline actions to take place at upcoming geek conventions.

Soon after I recapped it, other publications wrote about Gamergate as if it were more or less over, too. One predicted that 2015 would be “the year everyone forgot about Gamergate,” noting that it “is still around as a twitter hashtag and a forum topic, but the relevance is waning from its peak in the fall. That’s going to keep happening.”

That did not keep happening. But the media’s insistence that it would provides a key insight into why Gamergate endured, and why it ultimately coalesced into the larger alt-right movement that helped fuel the election of President Trump.

ok at this point is gamergate actually going to get shoehorned into history books somehow
Uncle

nudemacusers

« Reply #10769 on: January 21, 2020, 10:20:00 AM »
2bee posted 2many times, 2late 2realize he cant drop a ban in without it being 2obvious.

Edit: forgot a 2
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 10:26:29 AM by nudemacusers »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #10770 on: January 21, 2020, 10:23:32 AM »
2bee posted 2many times, 2late 2realize he cant drop a ban in without it being obvious.
I think the discussion may have run its course and is no longer productive.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #10771 on: January 21, 2020, 10:25:50 AM »
Imagine caring more about a bunch of useless democrat candidates than the underlying culture that all candidates have to stand on.

Everyone is stupid but me. :doge

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10772 on: January 21, 2020, 10:26:18 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-%E2%80%98was-a-career-politician%E2%80%99-%E2%80%98he-got-nothing-done%E2%80%99.165928/post-28436363

My girl Supermanisdead slaying out here.

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 SupermanisDead 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Slay them, gurl. :-*

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10773 on: January 21, 2020, 10:27:20 AM »
most discussions at era:

THIS DISCUSSION THO:

Uncle

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #10774 on: January 21, 2020, 10:33:20 AM »

thisismyusername

« Reply #10775 on: January 21, 2020, 10:33:45 AM »
Nothing was ever "built" on HRC.

But the Bernie stans on Era are just the worst people, good god. Like one small step up from Trumpists.

Let it go, Splenda  :umad

Alanis never will because Bernie lives in her head: RENT FREE. :kermit

Ghoul

« Reply #10776 on: January 21, 2020, 10:34:29 AM »
it's almost every thread they make an ass of themselves. They became a mod and using that power just to be a prick in any thread they choose because they can't catch a ban. The day will come when they get de-modded and put on the dead mod pile. Also seems like Sweet Nicole has shut the fuck up finally.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #10777 on: January 21, 2020, 10:34:29 AM »
Offering the final piece to review before publication is making it explicitly clear what’s going to be published, no? I understand that the victim might not be in the right state of mind to review it, but Kotaku can’t do much about that. They did their own due diligence before publication, at least, it seems.
ResetEra: the victim is clearly unreliable and should not be believed

Who is the victim at this point? Jeremy Soule?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10778 on: January 21, 2020, 10:34:49 AM »
that's the problem when someone ain't slick, all the parts in a machine must be well oiled and at maximum slickness in order to be productive 
:wow
Uncle

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10779 on: January 21, 2020, 10:37:53 AM »
resetti continuing to stan for hillary clinton, known TERF, slave owner, and birther meme creator :birb

thisismyusername

« Reply #10780 on: January 21, 2020, 10:37:54 AM »

thisismyusername

« Reply #10781 on: January 21, 2020, 10:41:05 AM »
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1219616637818679296

even twitter glen isn't having it :lol

No lie, the idiot that is Daou turning heel is the feel-good story of 2016.

benjipwns

« Reply #10782 on: January 21, 2020, 10:44:55 AM »
I have great news everyone

You are not forced to read articles, posts, threads or even HULU EXCLUSIVE interviews with politicians you don't like.
Usually making such outlandish accusations is bad manners, but I'm guessing the thread will be open for a few more pages before mods close it up and pretend that the current discourse is unimaginable and totally out of the ordinary.
mods help?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10783 on: January 21, 2020, 10:45:27 AM »
I have great news everyone

You are not forced to read articles, posts, threads or even HULU EXCLUSIVE interviews with politicians you don't like.
Lol if we're taking this route shouldn't you stay out of AOC and Sanders topics?
Trying to take this line on it after the exposure of all HRC's misdeeds in this thread makes it even more clear how indefensible it all is.

:birb

thisismyusername

« Reply #10784 on: January 21, 2020, 10:45:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-%E2%80%98was-a-career-politician%E2%80%99-%E2%80%98he-got-nothing-done%E2%80%99.165928/page-9#post-28435679

Reminder that "Clinton lost to Trump" isn't as effective of an insult as you think it is when your candidate got demolished by Clinton and is currently losing to the ghost of Joe Biden.

dang.

"Losing" when they're within 2-5% of polling numbers.

Some real big- :brain :brain :brain :rollsafe energy there.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #10785 on: January 21, 2020, 10:45:54 AM »
imagine following unironic establishment politics blue-checkmark twitter accounts

peak NPC

#hashtag #dicksOutForDems

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #10786 on: January 21, 2020, 10:48:01 AM »
They then broke journalistic ethics when they went back to edit the article only because of a public bad optics situation. It's purely for the clicks.

It's not breaking journalistic ethics to respect their source like they should have done in the first place.

thisismyusername

« Reply #10787 on: January 21, 2020, 10:48:21 AM »
imagine following unironic establishment politics blue-checkmark twitter accounts

peak NPC

Imagine thinking I follow Daou when I just laugh about his heel-turn through Chapo and other folks retweeting his shit.

Stay silent, Autistbot. You're better when your posts report about stupid bans from a failing message board.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #10788 on: January 21, 2020, 10:49:24 AM »
They then broke journalistic ethics when they went back to edit the article only because of a public bad optics situation. It's purely for the clicks.

It's not breaking journalistic ethics to respect their source like they should have done in the first place.
They said they couldn't publish the article without the quote. No quote, no article. She got the article, now wants to retract the quote that made the article possible.

Lawhead got her cake and ate it too, probably because she's a manipulative liar, and Kotaku failed by not pulling the article entirely or refusing the change.

benjipwns

« Reply #10789 on: January 21, 2020, 10:52:43 AM »
Given that this thread has devolved into personal attacks, we're locking it.
:jeb

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10790 on: January 21, 2020, 10:54:23 AM »
Given that this thread has devolved into personal attacks, we're locking it.

You hate to see it.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #10791 on: January 21, 2020, 10:54:42 AM »
Quote from: Sweeney Swift
Hilary you lost to the worst person to ever run for office, a reality tv star, after spending your entire life trying to become president. This is amazing, like straight comedy gold.
I hope you think the concentration camps are equally as funny when your candidate loses to the same person post-impeachment
Hilary you lost to the worst person to ever run for office, a reality tv star, after spending your entire life trying to become president. This is amazing, like straight comedy gold.
Yes, so very funny, concentration camps haha.
Maybe don't laugh at an election result leading to this awful timeline just for your personal gratification.
the camps that date back to 2014? whatever discord should have workshopped this one better

ResetBanBot

« Reply #10792 on: January 21, 2020, 10:54:44 AM »
Good job ResetEra LLC. Protecting basically one janny despite it alienating a large portion of PoliGAF, a group already migrating off the board and into Discords. What a bunch of morons.

Ghoul

« Reply #10793 on: January 21, 2020, 10:56:57 AM »
Mods should not be allowed to discuss topics on their moderation accounts. change my mind.

thisismyusername

« Reply #10794 on: January 21, 2020, 10:57:48 AM »
It's kind of funny how clearly a lot of Era's membership are dreaded "berniebros" while the poliera discord that has a full channel for which posters to ban are neolibs to the bone.

Ironically the forum pretty much mirrors the DNC.

#Oop

:kermit

benjipwns

« Reply #10795 on: January 21, 2020, 10:57:58 AM »
As personal attacks are against the rules I expect there to be some severe actionings against the unnamed, possibly acephobic, offenders. :hmph

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10796 on: January 21, 2020, 10:58:23 AM »
Mods should not be allowed to discuss topics on their moderation accounts. change my mind.

Didn't have for a long time not have "mod" tags?

I thought that always cool.

Ghoul

ResetBanBot

« Reply #10798 on: January 21, 2020, 11:01:29 AM »
This is standard policy. I basically do not write about people on Kiwi Farms in the same "reporting style" if I'm engaged with the subject in any meaningful level. I also specifically stay out of the cliques that form within communities I moderate.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #10799 on: January 21, 2020, 11:02:01 AM »

They said they couldn't publish the article without the quote. No quote, no article. She got the article, now wants to retract the quote that made the article possible.

Lawhead got her cake and ate it too, probably because she's a manipulative liar, and Kotaku failed by not pulling the article entirely or refusing the change.

They said they needed the information but there was an understanding it wouldn't be used in the article itself, allegedly.