Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 893460 times)

Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #11100 on: January 22, 2020, 04:34:48 PM »
But any lucky guest/person could post it up and witness the death of another site. I think his comments were way worse than Royalan, and seeing as he's the new owner it could blow up rather hilariously under the new chief of the site.

Maybe it's just because I haven't paid very close attention to the ResetEra corporate structure but I don't really understand how going in on B-Dubs would even take the site down. If this actually gained traction couldn't Cerium just fire him and replace him with a different General Manager?
they could always make you manager, ya goof  :neogaf

Hovering over that icon to see the "Nexus" quote really takes me back.

BisMarckie

« Reply #11101 on: January 22, 2020, 04:46:05 PM »
My name is 213372bu and I am addicted to drama. :goty

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11102 on: January 22, 2020, 04:52:39 PM »
Also, moral appeal here religious folks, collecting a check and telling some random mod to take care of all your old site-wide responsibilities (just without pay) is rather terrible.

Look, as a Cowboys fan, I've seen firsthand the effects of your owner also being your GM.
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11103 on: January 22, 2020, 05:08:51 PM »
Cerium said he was going on an indefinite hiatus and is just taking the check, giving B-Dubs the ability to operate the site on his own.

For entertainment's sake, an unskilled 'site leader' having to face these accusations would permanently damage the brand. As we saw with Royalan/NeoGAF people make spectacular suicide threads and start repeating "FUCK X", so the mentality of the common user is built to make these fires rather spectacular, even if the site itself doesn't close down.

can't hate cerium for figuring out what we all know; that era is a fucking cesspit of in fighting arbitrarily governed by hypocrites, and anyone with half a brain should either peace the fuck out completely, or just post banal platitudes instead of opinions in any topic that might attract the usual suspects :idont

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #11104 on: January 22, 2020, 05:17:02 PM »
Maybe it's just because I haven't paid very close attention to the ResetEra corporate structure but I don't really understand how going in on B-Dubs would even take the site down. If this actually gained traction couldn't Cerium just fire him and replace him with a different General Manager?
i dunno about killing anything but it'd be pretty funny to watch. that's my main interest.

Drainage

« Reply #11105 on: January 22, 2020, 05:44:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-cyberpunk-delayed-because-of-current-gen-console-performance.166135/

As for the source, over at Discord, Polish players are pretty confident in Borys Niespielak, who seems to be as renowned as Jason Schreier in Poland.

:juicy

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #11106 on: January 22, 2020, 06:07:36 PM »
bore detectives, what was that website where you can see deleted reddit comments, kinda curious where there are 10000 comments removed here

https://old.reddit.com/r/science/comments/es5gca/fox_news_substantially_influenced_republican/
Every r/science thread that makes it on the frontpage ends up looking like a graveyard. Their comment rules are rather anti-thetical to Reddit.
yeah I figured out fast this is one of those subs I keep around for news aggregation and I'll never actually participate in the community apart from being subbed.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11108 on: January 22, 2020, 06:20:50 PM »
https://news.avclub.com/robert-downey-jr-says-his-tropic-thunder-role-blasted-1841133079

But but, liberals is funs

Blackface, Vetface and now Activistface, is there anything he cannot do !?
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11109 on: January 22, 2020, 06:28:03 PM »
REEE is full of shit as always.

When devs got their hands on the Xbox One X, they were super excited. Then the directive came down, Xbox One must have the same content as the Xbox One X.
You may only change things visually but none of those changes may effect gameplay. Same content across platforms.

With the Xbox Series X it went the same way. Devs received devkits. Excited. The directive came down again. All games published on Xbox must run on all Xbox devices.
This includes Xbox One, Xbox One X, Xbox Series X. Lo and behold, the target platform remains the lowest spec platform: Xbox One. (otherwise it won't run to begin with and downgrading something not made with Xbox One in mind is a nightmare).

I haven't quite got the word on PS4/PS5 yet. But it seems like developers won't be forced to make PS5 games run on PS4.
Some developers/publishing are also pushing MS to see if they can at least get them to drop the 'same game, same content' mantra so they can do:
- Switch/Xbox One (X)/PS4 (Pro) version
- PC/Xbox Series X/PS5 version
🤴

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #11110 on: January 22, 2020, 06:30:22 PM »
https://news.avclub.com/robert-downey-jr-says-his-tropic-thunder-role-blasted-1841133079

Those glasses are fucking awful and they are badly in need of adjustment.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #11111 on: January 22, 2020, 06:31:34 PM »
Also, moral appeal here religious folks, collecting a check and telling some random mod to take care of all your old site-wide responsibilities (just without pay) is rather terrible.
Last time I spoke to him he said he was going to get into teaching. I hope that's going well for him. I imagine that making sure his hobby site isn't spinning out of control doesn't take much time at all.
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11113 on: January 22, 2020, 06:48:42 PM »
RDJ no longer has the protection of the cult. It is open season on his racist nazi white cis gendered ass now.  :mynicca
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #11114 on: January 22, 2020, 06:50:19 PM »
Why the fuck is there random writing on his suit.

BEGIN?

fuck you.

Shuri

« Reply #11115 on: January 22, 2020, 07:23:51 PM »

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #11116 on: January 22, 2020, 07:48:40 PM »

When devs got their hands on the Xbox One X, they were super excited. Then the directive came down, Xbox One must have the same content as the Xbox One X.
You may only change things visually but none of those changes may effect gameplay. Same content across platforms.

With the Xbox Series X it went the same way. Devs received devkits. Excited. The directive came down again. All games published on Xbox must run on all Xbox devices.
This includes Xbox One, Xbox One X, Xbox Series X.
Lo and behold, the target platform remains the lowest spec platform: Xbox One. (otherwise it won't run to begin with and downgrading something not made with Xbox One in mind is a nightmare).

I haven't quite got the word on PS4/PS5 yet. But it seems like developers won't be forced to make PS5 games run on PS4.
Some developers/publishing are also pushing MS to see if they can at least get them to drop the 'same game, same content' mantra so they can do:

This is only for first party games apparently.
Oi Oi

Snoopycat_

« Reply #11117 on: January 22, 2020, 08:37:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hillary-clinton-reiterates-she-will-support-whoever-the-2020-democratic-nominee-is.166065/page-6#post-28465700

"Like I convinced myself to into liking her in 2016."

Imagine being this ridiculous. No wonder Obama was able to get away with murdering so many brown folk.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11118 on: January 22, 2020, 09:04:02 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neogaf-continues-its-steady-growth-going-into-2020.1520664/page-4#post-256648131
Quote from: EviLore, post: 256648131, member: 4
All the activist ex-mods are gone and not coming back. The ex-mod who banned you, besada, was one of a handful of ex-mods who grossly abused their power to reshape the forum ideologically circa 2016-2017.  I apologize for how you were treated, and none of that will be happening again.

:crowdlaff :girlaff

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/meta-gaf-on-gaf-on-gaf.1469081/page-82#post-256651938
Quote from: EviLore, post: 256651938, member: 4
The account suicide posts were deleted. A bunch of photos of me with lame shower memes attached and so forth.

This is wrong and plenty of them are still up.   Just found this gem in one of them.

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

:playa
ど助平

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #11119 on: January 22, 2020, 09:05:07 PM »
jussie emote reminded me to look up mr jussie

it happened almost exactly a year ago!

apparently a week ago in the ongoing investigation of why a previous judge let him off the hook and if he is still actually guilty, another judge ordered google to turn over all of jussie's digital footprint, "not just e-mails but also drafted and deleted messages; any files in their Google Drive cloud storage services; any Google Voice texts, calls and contacts; search and Web browsing history; and location data."

:juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy :juicy
Uncle

ResetBanBot

« Reply #11120 on: January 22, 2020, 09:12:13 PM »
The Lawhead thread is dead. Everyone just politely came by to reiterate that Kotaku is not at fault and Lawhead is incompetent and/or a liar.

Don't believe victims, believe bloggers who shill AAA games filled with gambling mechanisms aimed at kids.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #11121 on: January 22, 2020, 09:15:47 PM »
the quotes were dug up by deplorables so they'll just pretend they don't exist (on the forum at least), they ignored excels acephobia for that reason  :thinking

not taking an L from internet badmen is more important than principles  :trumps
They pretended like Tyler didn't admit to sexually assaulting someone for a really long time. They'll just keep it in the back pocket for when the next person sets up a forum exodus to milk the useful idiots.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #11122 on: January 22, 2020, 09:37:10 PM »
I never got why Evilore tried to cultivate such a 'progressive' site when he didn't believe in any of it. I know he didn't care about his mods outside of free labor, but he didn't care to the point where could have told his mods to cut the shit out with playing favorites to the point where his site was mocked endlessly for having its own stick up its butt?

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #11123 on: January 22, 2020, 09:39:27 PM »
 :money
Fish<

ResetBanBot

« Reply #11124 on: January 22, 2020, 09:41:20 PM »
I don't think Tyler believes in anything, just like Cerium. It's all for money and clout.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #11125 on: January 22, 2020, 09:52:00 PM »
he was radicalized left and radicalized right

radical dude

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11126 on: January 22, 2020, 09:53:37 PM »
I was radicalized by centrists.
©@©™

railGUN

« Reply #11127 on: January 22, 2020, 10:18:54 PM »
Neg - little bit of a sausage fest.

Find me a general gaming forum that isn’t. The vast, vast majority of gamers are male. Forums just reflect that demographic.

It sucks because I’m really here to meet women.

Over at the other site there's tons

Quote from: EviLore
Bottom surgery is popular these days.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/scorpio.1452891/post-256643952

:umad
Fish<

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #11128 on: January 22, 2020, 10:21:17 PM »

:dead

bluemax

« Reply #11129 on: January 22, 2020, 10:41:31 PM »

This includes Xbox One, Xbox One X, Xbox Series X.
Lo and behold, the target platform remains the lowest spec platform: Xbox One. (otherwise it won't run to begin with and downgrading something not made with Xbox One in mind is a nightmare).

This is only for first party games apparently.

For the PS4 you couldn't make games that gated non Pro users in any way, you could just add extra rendering options.

They should've made PSVR a Pro only thing but I doubt it would've sold as well as it did had they done so.
NO

team filler

• filler
  • filler

railGUN

« Reply #11131 on: January 22, 2020, 11:33:57 PM »
Before we thought you were crazy wearing that mini skirt, but now we can really see your nuts.

:lol
Fish<

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #11132 on: January 22, 2020, 11:46:41 PM »
itchy got got in the hillary thread, lol

so did a bunch of people apparently.

Based Bernie.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11133 on: January 22, 2020, 11:46:55 PM »
Fairbanks and Jessica are both racist white ladies so I don't understand why the hate.

railGUN

« Reply #11134 on: January 23, 2020, 12:06:43 AM »
Quote from: EviLore
All the activist ex-mods are gone and not coming back. The ex-mod who banned you, besada, was one of a handful of ex-mods who grossly abused their power to reshape the forum ideologically circa 2016-2017. I apologize for how you were treated, and none of that will be happening again.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neogaf-continues-its-steady-growth-going-into-2020.1520664/post-256648131

:neogaf yeah, 2016-2017. And 2013, 2014, 2015. In fact, when did he special fellow his away across Europe? Because the lunatics were running the asylum before that.
Fish<

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #11135 on: January 23, 2020, 12:20:07 AM »
itchy got got in the hillary thread, lol

so did a bunch of people apparently.

Based Bernie.

Links :rage

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11136 on: January 23, 2020, 12:25:30 AM »
I know right "the Hillary thread"

Really narrows it down  :idont

railGUN

Fish<

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #11138 on: January 23, 2020, 12:28:26 AM »
I never got why Evilore tried to cultivate such a 'progressive' site when he didn't believe in any of it.

this is most likely ascribing too much virtue to him but it's possible he actually did believe in some of it

ree are the people where perfect is the enemy of good

it's possible to endorse the paris agreement and also attempt to rape a girl in the shower, these are not mutually exclusive actions
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #11140 on: January 23, 2020, 01:07:42 AM »
But any lucky guest/person could post it up and witness the death of another site. I think his comments were way worse than Royalan, and seeing as he's the new owner it could blow up rather hilariously under the new chief of the site.

Imagine thinking anyone can be "fired" from a non-paying, non-existent job.
Spud

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11141 on: January 23, 2020, 01:32:11 AM »
https://twitter.com/CassandraRules/status/1220170670421741570

https://twitter.com/Don_Air1/status/1220173222441705472

:dead

:lol at this point I see yaniv as a 80s horror icon up there with freddy  :doge

Before we thought you were crazy wearing that mini skirt, but now we can really see your nuts.

:lol

Barney Frank's Nipps Defcon4 • 4 hours ago

Looks like the love child of Chris Christie and Rosie O'Donnell. Hunter Biden would still hit it though.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #11142 on: January 23, 2020, 01:42:33 AM »
https://twitter.com/BronsonLee/status/1220203697193418752
https://twitter.com/BronsonLee/status/1220205977019924480
https://twitter.com/BronsonLee/status/1220232623739428866

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-been-over-a-year-of-egs-exclusives-nothing-happened-and-were-still-playing-games.166324/
Quote from: 2Bee
I've waited all 2019 to make this thread because it was such a hot topic that caused actual hurt to people I know. My suspicions came to light and the apocalypse didn't come. Many of the exclusive games will be coming to Steam this year, and if they don't, you can just use the EGS launcher to play these games if you choose to.

It was such a hot topic and to me right now it seems to have been hot for no reason at all. It's all ironic and silly, I actually think EGS would have died if nobody gave a fuck about it like I did for most of the year.

Some people have even gone as far as using racism and bigotry in the name of what was basically a silly platform war that ended in nothing. We even had a mod harassed out of their position.

We (as people who play games) can do better next time something like this comes around is my point and the whole point of this thread.
We had real humans threatening the life of another human being over this garbage.
That PC community exodus though.

I wish mods handled that better. We still get harassed by “just another launcher” trolls.
It is literally just another launcher.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 01:48:00 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #11143 on: January 23, 2020, 01:50:29 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11144 on: January 23, 2020, 01:54:27 AM »
benj, is the yaniv still locked up or are we no longer safe?  :doge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #11145 on: January 23, 2020, 02:13:25 AM »
https://twitter.com/BronsonLee/status/1220203697193418752
https://twitter.com/BronsonLee/status/1220205977019924480
https://twitter.com/BronsonLee/status/1220232623739428866

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-been-over-a-year-of-egs-exclusives-nothing-happened-and-were-still-playing-games.166324/
I've waited all 2019 to make this thread because it was such a hot topic that caused actual hurt to people I know. My suspicions came to light and the apocalypse didn't come. Many of the exclusive games will be coming to Steam this year, and if they don't, you can just use the EGS launcher to play these games if you choose to.

It was such a hot topic and to me right now it seems to have been hot for no reason at all. It's all ironic and silly, I actually think EGS would have died if nobody gave a fuck about it like I did for most of the year.

Some people have even gone as far as using racism and bigotry in the name of what was basically a silly platform war that ended in nothing. We even had a mod harassed out of their position.

We (as people who play games) can do better next time something like this comes around is my point and the whole point of this thread.
We had real humans threatening the life of another human being over this garbage.
That PC community exodus though.

I wish mods handled that better. We still get harassed by “just another launcher” trolls.
It is literally just another launcher.
ok besada II

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11146 on: January 23, 2020, 02:18:12 AM »
I wish I knew any of the people you guys are talking about

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11147 on: January 23, 2020, 02:18:40 AM »
Wait no I don't

« Reply #11148 on: January 23, 2020, 02:23:06 AM »

Does that midget Rogan ask every guest of his if Tropic Thunder could be done today? This feels like the third or fourth time I've read about him bringing up Tropic Thunder with one of his guests.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #11149 on: January 23, 2020, 02:28:35 AM »

Does that midget Rogan ask every guest of his if Tropic Thunder could be done today? This feels like the third or fourth time I've read about him bringing up Tropic Thunder with one of his guests.
he brings it up often in relation to comedy/political correctness.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11150 on: January 23, 2020, 02:29:49 AM »
Wow, bronsonlee really is a dumbfuck.

BL:"bubut launchers?"
people: "no, its more than that"
BL: "help, help, im being repressed"

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #11151 on: January 23, 2020, 02:30:39 AM »
mods help, they are racist against other launchers!

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #11152 on: January 23, 2020, 02:32:42 AM »
Can I get a TL;DR on why it's not just another launcher? From someone other than timu
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #11153 on: January 23, 2020, 02:36:02 AM »
it's a loss of convenience, it's a downgrade in trust, it's a downgrade in quality, it's in increase in shitware, it's a downgrade ito price competitiveness and not to stan for a private company but steam's been working at this thing with consumers  for like 17 years now and watching others just buying up games expressly to withhold it from the platform most PC gamers prefer is aids.

nudemacusers

« Reply #11154 on: January 23, 2020, 02:42:11 AM »
Wow that egs thread. Reset mods might actually be dumber than I thought.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #11155 on: January 23, 2020, 02:47:27 AM »
What was the purpose of this toxic troll thread? Honestly between this thread and your posts in yesterday's Hillary threads on off-topic, I feel like you don't post in good faith enough to be a moderator. We can't even put you on ignore.

nudemacusers

« Reply #11156 on: January 23, 2020, 02:51:21 AM »
Definitely better than moblin.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Himu

« Reply #11157 on: January 23, 2020, 02:52:21 AM »
moblin is top 3
IYKYK

nudemacusers

« Reply #11158 on: January 23, 2020, 02:53:14 AM »
In age maybe  :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Himu

« Reply #11159 on: January 23, 2020, 02:53:59 AM »
moblin is top 3

moblin and top shouldn't be in the same sentence.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
love ya, boo :-*
[close]

Ah, Moblin is a bottom.

My bad, bb.
IYKYK