Author Topic: Super Castlevania IV really shows how far we as a species have fallen since 1991  (Read 983 times)

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
I mean, really. It's only been 15 years, and we're already reduced to pretending Dawn of Souls is "okay"?

Sigh.
乱学者

Diablos

Point taken, but don't turn into some rabid nostalgic pretentious japatard that refuses to play most games past the SNES era. Those people are the worst.

Why play new RPG's when you can play DQ and FF I-VI 100 times over, YAY!  ::)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 08:47:54 AM by Diablos »

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
Drac-X was the last classic castlevania, the series hasn't been the same since.

It's still good but classic>metroidvania
Wii

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
I liked Dawn of Souls.

But I like Super Castlevania IV MUCH MUCH better.
HLR

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
I played CV1 and 2 when I was young, and didn't touch the series again until CotM.

I can't believe I missed out on this game, I would have shit my pants playing it as a kid. It's so fucking awesome. I'm going to try to stick to SNES games on the VC, they really hold up.

I need to play CV3 now, it's supposed to be better right?

edit: I don't see why DoS is worse than this game. I'm only up to stage 4 (I think, the one with the skull miniboss and rotating room), if it matters.

Himu

Point taken, but don't turn into some rabid nostalgic pretentious japatard that refuses to play most games past the SNES era. Those people are the worst.

Why play new RPG's when you can play DQ and FF I-VI 100 times over, YAY!  ::)

Patel plays a lot of new games, dude. Wise up. Scarlet doesn't post here and I don't see why you're even mentioning her as she's irrelevant to this discussion.
IYKYK

Error2k4

well, richter mode with level 1 cap is awesome but nothing like the old ones  :(

I want a new 2d level based castlevania game
AAA