Author Topic: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo  (Read 614905 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo
« Reply #1500 on: May 25, 2019, 03:54:23 AM »
Many comments from men said how the black pill was a gateway to the God pill. There seems to be a progression:

Blue pill: Ignorance, denial of nature
Red pill: Truth through materialism (muscles, women, money, status)
Black pill: Acceptance of one's powerlessness, withdrawal from materialist society
God pill: Submission to God's will
The Interdimensional PILLar: Trigger the Awakening NOW!

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1502 on: May 25, 2019, 05:47:24 AM »
The history of the modern world
1990 - 1999: Green pill: No worries now, only Super Nintendo, Pokemon and LEGO
1999 - 2002: Blue pill: Ignorance, denial of nature, Sonic Adventure + Sonic Adventure 2
2003 - 2015: Yellow pill: Be very afraid, war, death, destruction, terrorism, social media, Gears of War
2015 - 2017: Red pill: Truth through materialism (muscles, women, money, status), TRUMP
2017 - 2018: Black pill: Acceptance of one's powerlessness, withdrawal from materialist society
2019 - 2024: cLoWn WoRlD, end of hope, degeneracy, false nostalgia, B E A S T M O D E
2024 - 2030: MACHINE WORLD, New World Order Deluxe, end of love, end of music, breed machines 
2031 - 20XX: rebellion, cilmate meltdown, interdimensional travel, ENLIGHTMENT
:rejoice
🤴

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1503 on: May 25, 2019, 07:44:40 AM »
I've been in 20XX

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1505 on: May 25, 2019, 11:41:59 AM »
The God Pill is one of my least favorite Richard Dawkins books.
©@©™

agrajag

Oblivion

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

benjipwns

« Reply #1509 on: May 26, 2019, 04:17:53 PM »

benjipwns

Oblivion

« Reply #1511 on: May 26, 2019, 05:37:11 PM »
Too lazy to look this up, but I'd drop a fiver on Sam Harris condoning actual assassinations in the so-called War on Terror, either outright or through some tedious argument about exigent circumstances demanding situational morals.
Pretty sure he views them as a (regrettable?) necessity. I'm extrapolating from his views/justification of torture.

The only way to rule out collateral damage would be to refuse to fight wars under any circumstances. As a foreign policy, this would leave us with something like the absolute pacifism of Gandhi. While pacifism in this form can constitute a direct confrontation with injustice (and requires considerable bravery), it is only applicable to a limited range of human conflicts. Where it is not applicable, it is seems flagrantly immoral. We would do well to reflect on Gandhi’s remedy for the Holocaust: he believed that the Jews should have committed mass suicide, because this “would have aroused the world and the people of Germany to Hitler’s violence.” We might wonder what a world full of pacifists would have done once it had grown “aroused”—commit suicide as well? There seems no question that if all the good people in the world adopted Gandhi’s ethics, the thugs would inherit the earth.

So we can now ask, if we are willing to act in a way that guarantees the misery and death of some considerable number of innocent children, why spare the rod with known terrorists?
https://samharris.org/in-defense-of-torture/

Okay, so I've heard about that piece Sam wrote for years and a couple of times in the past, I kind of skimmed it and lost interest after a while. But now's the first time I've read it all the way through because I legitimately wanted to see what the hell Sam was trying to say. Especially considering like his buddy, Daddy P, he consistently bitches about people supposedly taking him "out of context (tm)".

So now I've read the whole thing and...I'm still not sure what the fuck he's bitching about. I could be bad at reading and analysis (and sadly I HAVE been many times in the past), but I'm not seeing anything in the piece that goes against the impression that nearly all of his critics had on that piece. Just as the title says, it's LITERALLY A DEFENSE FOR TORTURE. He provides numerous examples throughout where there would be situations where torture would be appropriate, complains about a double standard on how we don't have as much a problem with civilian casualties, and even goes on to say that in certain instances, torture is actually morally more righteous than other atrocities.

I mean, all he says against the idea of torture is just spending a few sentences throughout the entire piece saying it's wrong, and if we didn't have to do it, he'd be happy. But that's not really saying....anything. He's basically saying "Torture is definitely bad and reprehensible, but with that being said, here's a 2,000 word argument on why it might actually be good and we should do it."

Maybe some of the smarter people here can tell me what I'm misinterpreting.

agrajag

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1514 on: May 26, 2019, 08:41:10 PM »
I mean, all he says against the idea of torture is just spending a few sentences throughout the entire piece saying it's wrong, and if we didn't have to do it, he'd be happy. But that's not really saying....anything. He's basically saying "Torture is definitely bad and reprehensible, but with that being said, here's a 2,000 word argument on why it might actually be good and we should do it."

Maybe some of the smarter people here can tell me what I'm misinterpreting.

There's a reason I wrote, "or through some tedious argument about exigent circumstances demanding situational morals." You've arrived at it, more or less.

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #1515 on: May 26, 2019, 09:24:37 PM »
re: “well gosh it’d just be great if we didn’t have to electrocute detainees”

There’s a nice little optional moment of moral aggrandizement for people who want to make the above rhetorical moves. When you think that you can nobly exercise extrajudicial means, you then might start to think that it’s the very maintaining of a dispassionate distance which legitimizes violence -‘civilization’ understood as feeling bad about wielding the biggest stick. At this point you can opt-in and claim that your (read: imperial) position strikes an aesthetic note, tragic because necessary. It plays pretty well with Burkean longings for foreign bellicosity in the name of adventure and national renewal. What I really mean to say is that Benjamin was right and Batman was a fucking fascist.

Oblivion

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1517 on: May 27, 2019, 10:56:59 PM »
They would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids and their milkshakes.
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1518 on: May 27, 2019, 11:50:59 PM »

agrajag

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Oblivion

« Reply #1521 on: May 28, 2019, 11:40:15 PM »
imagine being such a cuck that even Milo doesn't want to defend you anymore:

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1133563621257240577

benjipwns

« Reply #1522 on: May 29, 2019, 01:20:08 PM »
https://thefederalist.com/2019/05/29/americans-loss-interest-civil-war-battlefields-part-disturbing-trend/
Americans are losing interest in the Civil War—or at least they are losing interest in learning about it and visiting historic battle sites. The Wall Street Journal reported recently that the country’s “five major Civil War battlefield parks—Gettysburg, Antietam, Shiloh, Chickamauga/Chattanooga, and Vicksburg—had a combined 3.1 million visitors in 2018, down from about 10.2 million in 1970.” Gettysburg, America’s most famous and hallowed battlefield, drew fewer than a million visitors last year, and just 14 percent of the visitor total in 1970.

In addition to fewer tourists, the number of Civil War re-enactors is also declining. Many are growing old, and younger men are not stepping in to replenish their ranks. As one 68-year-old re-enactor, who recently helped organize a recreation of the Battle of Resaca in Georgia, told the Journal, “The younger generations are not taught to respect history, and they lose interest in it.”

But it’s not just that young people are not taught to respect history. They are often not taught history at all. To the extent they are, they are told that American history is a parade of horribles: slavery, genocide, bigotry, greed—a story above all of injustice and oppression, perpetrated by the powerful against the weak.

No wonder then, that recent public interest in the Civil War has mostly taken the form of a push to remove Confederate monuments from public places and rename buildings and roads bearing the names of Confederate leaders. We hear much about removing and renaming these days, but almost nothing about building more and better monuments, or reinvigorating public interest and education about the war.

benjipwns

« Reply #1523 on: May 29, 2019, 01:47:09 PM »

Kara

« Reply #1524 on: May 29, 2019, 01:55:57 PM »
Years and years and years of shitting on Billy Beanbrain in MLB threads vindicated. :rejoice

benjipwns

« Reply #1525 on: May 29, 2019, 02:06:38 PM »

lol

benjipwns

« Reply #1526 on: May 29, 2019, 03:49:43 PM »
New Liberal tears gun oil traps the carbon
wow, no thanks commies :donot

BisMarckie

« Reply #1527 on: May 29, 2019, 03:51:38 PM »
Years and years and years of shitting on Billy Beanbrain in MLB threads vindicated. :rejoice

Tired: Billy Beane is really smart because he invented moneyball. :larry

Wired: Billy Beane just aped shit he read from Bill James and piggybacked Sandy Alderson. :ohhh

Galaxy brain: He had three generational starting pitchers and several players that were roided out of their mind. :rollsafe

Still no WS title. :sabu
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 07:26:49 PM by BisMarckie »

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1528 on: May 29, 2019, 07:12:54 PM »
Wow. A collection of men who have destroyed countless lives of men, women, and baseball organizations. And George W Bush.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1529 on: May 30, 2019, 01:14:59 PM »

This is like tripping into the lair of a Bond villain and he starts to lay out his plans.  :doge
🤴

benjipwns

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1532 on: May 31, 2019, 01:29:21 AM »
 :kobeyuck

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1533 on: May 31, 2019, 01:06:37 PM »
Grateful to be apart, too.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1534 on: May 31, 2019, 01:41:05 PM »
 :supergay :larry

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1535 on: May 31, 2019, 02:00:53 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1536 on: May 31, 2019, 06:48:48 PM »

Oblivion

benjipwns

« Reply #1538 on: June 01, 2019, 09:45:50 PM »
https://hungarytoday.hu/orban-meets-jordan-peterson-in-budapest/
Prime Minister Viktor Orbán on Thursday met Canadian political scientist and psychologist Jordan Peterson in Budapest to discuss current political issues, the prime minister’s press cheif told MTI on Thursday.

Peterson, who teaches clinical psychology at the university of Toronto, and Orbán agreed that illegal migration was “unnecessary and dangerous”, and talked of political correctness, which they said made “sensible public discussions impossible”, Bertalan Havasi said. Political correctness is the “invention of a small, ideologically driven group,” they said.

Peterson and Orbán also touched on a current tendency to “minimise” the crimes committed under Communist regimes. They cited an “infamous” speech by European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker, in which they said he “defended Karl Marx”, Havasi said.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1539 on: June 01, 2019, 10:22:48 PM »
Peterson and Orbán also touched on a current tendency to “minimise” the crimes committed under Communist regimes. They cited an “infamous” speech by European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker, in which they said he “defended Karl Marx”, Havasi said.

Karl Marx, widely known as the most notorious of all communist dictators.
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #1540 on: June 01, 2019, 10:26:44 PM »
etoliate was ahead of his time for attacking Karl Marx defenders/explainers with the Holodomor

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Leadbelly

« Reply #1542 on: June 03, 2019, 08:54:40 PM »
I've been in 20XX

20XX is the politically correct year.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1543 on: June 03, 2019, 11:50:45 PM »
It will always be Mega Man's year(s) to me.  :hmph

agrajag

« Reply #1544 on: June 05, 2019, 09:08:51 PM »
Has Crowder put on some weight?

time to start calling him Steve Chowder

agrajag

« Reply #1545 on: June 05, 2019, 09:44:45 PM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1546 on: June 05, 2019, 10:05:12 PM »
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #1547 on: June 06, 2019, 01:22:37 AM »
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/6/1/18648732/steve-bannons-italian-monastery-political-gladiator-school-revoke
Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon’s plans for a far-right nationalist school have been halted by Italian authorities. Bannon hoped to run the school out of an ancient monastery near Rome, but officials say they are revoking rights to the grounds for failure to maintain the site and pay fees.

In a statement released Friday, Gianluca Vacca, an official with Italy’s cultural ministry, said that it was the government’s “duty” to revoke the rights to the Certosa de Trisulti monastery that the Human Dignity Institute, a far-right Catholic think tank Bannon partnered with, had obtained. Vacca cited the fact the group failed to pay proper concessions and said it was determined that the institute did not have any experience in cultural heritage custodianship. The ministry also voiced concerns that repairs had not begun that would make the historic property available for public use.
Bannon, who once served as President Trump’s chief strategist, had hoped to train mid-career students “looking to do something different” in the rhetoric and strategy of far-right nationalism at the school. He promised the monastery would become a “gladiator school” and planned to call it the “Academy for the Judeo-Christian West.”

In response to the Italian government’s statement, Bannon signaled that he is not ready to give up on his dream of opening the school and said, “The fight for Trisulti is a microcosm of the fight for the Judeo-Christian West.”

Further complicating Bannon’s plan is the assertion by Italian authorities that a bank document the Human Dignity Institute submitted in acquiring rights to use the monastery had been forged.

benjipwns

« Reply #1548 on: June 06, 2019, 07:02:48 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #1549 on: June 06, 2019, 07:07:23 AM »
from this I learned that apparently people at Vox went on a strike for an hour last week?

just like Big Bill Haywood would have wanted

BisMarckie

« Reply #1550 on: June 06, 2019, 07:33:06 AM »
I'd rather not imagine living in a world without vox media. This was only an hour, imagine what a day without brainless clickbait would look like. :stop

agrajag

« Reply #1551 on: June 06, 2019, 09:17:12 AM »
So I listened to the entire Joe Rogan podcast with david Pakman last night  :stahp In it, Joe basically told David that Sam Seder's bullying of Dave Rubin is equivalent to Steven Crowder bullying the "lispy queer Mexican" (Joe's words not mine) because it's not cool to dunk on distinguished mentally-challenged fellowed people.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 09:40:45 AM by agrajag »

agrajag

« Reply #1552 on: June 06, 2019, 09:21:58 AM »
this is the quote I believe

Quote from: Joe Rogan
Is right to dunk on someone with cognitive limitations or for their lack of intelligence? Like Sam Seder dunks on Dave Rubin all the time.

:dead

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1553 on: June 06, 2019, 09:38:54 AM »
Are we sure it was actually a strike and not, like, just everybody taking a lunch break?
dog

Kara

« Reply #1554 on: June 06, 2019, 04:25:52 PM »
Prime Minister Viktor Orbán on Thursday met Canadian political scientist and psychologist Jordan Peterson in Budapest to discuss current political issues, the prime minister’s press cheif told MTI on Thursday.

Peterson, who teaches clinical psychology at the university of Toronto, and Orbán agreed that illegal migration was “unnecessary and dangerous”, and talked of political correctness, which they said made “sensible public discussions impossible”, Bertalan Havasi said. Political correctness is the “invention of a small, ideologically driven group,” they said.

do y'all think the Hungarian Assimilate who's returned to Hungary after years of taking shelter in a Western nation pretended to be committed to social liberalism and fiscal responsibility before voting fash and strenuously defending not just the vote itself but the fash as well or is it more likely that he's always been a Fidesz guy. I imagine Turkish Assimilate was always down with Justice and Development, for example.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1555 on: June 06, 2019, 04:29:20 PM »
I don't know if you're talking about a hypothetical person, a poster, or a public figure.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or a WH40K character, if that universe has a Hungary.
[close]

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1556 on: June 06, 2019, 10:14:08 PM »
(in the most "I will let you draw your own conclusions" voice ever) Yes he is.

Kara

« Reply #1557 on: June 06, 2019, 11:16:36 PM »
I don't know if you're talking about a hypothetical person, a poster, or a public figure.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or a WH40K character, if that universe has a Hungary.
[close]

Just a thought experiment about former forums poster Assimilate!

bluemax

« Reply #1558 on: June 07, 2019, 02:45:32 AM »
The Vox guys are on strike again today.
NO

Oblivion

« Reply #1559 on: June 07, 2019, 07:07:41 AM »
The Vox guys are on strike again today.

Why? I thought they got what they wanted?