Author Topic: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo  (Read 614501 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo
« Reply #2340 on: August 29, 2019, 04:36:46 AM »
 :lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2341 on: August 29, 2019, 05:12:26 AM »
Forget that Momo. My question was genuine: what would you say isn't "culture war"? Cause I think you have a different way of looking at it.
There's 4 or 5 main components of what I see as culture war products that annoy me, one much more so than others.

1) politicization of entertainment, be it comedy or games or comics or whatever. It's infuriating having to deal with people REEEEing that Dave Chapelle made a joke and it's also infuriating that people rally against things like America Chavez getting a Marvel TV show. Who cares, fuck off both camps, dont watch it.
2) Trump derangement syndrome, making everything about Trump (like reverse thanks Obama) and or being opposed to anything he does even when good because hey it's Trump.
3) News commentators (thing i care about most), misrepresentation of your opponents and facts so you can get a dunk on the libs/conservatives/MCU/DC, I care mostly about this because it impacts conversations I have with others as you have to first wade through the garbage to get to an actual conversation and mostly by then everyone's checked out of the topic. Dont care if people here do it because it's just fun and jokes, I do care when it's Pakman.

If you want to know more about my personal politics ask, but in general I'm liberal with a tinge of libertarian when it comes to government our government is absolutely worthless and I want them to fuck off. I dont talk about politics too often because you're all Americans and it's waaay to different from here, but it's hard to avoid since american culture dominates every English speaking talking space on the internet.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2342 on: August 29, 2019, 05:13:14 AM »
I forgot what the other thing was i wanted to mention in the time i went to make coffee  :doge :brain

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #2343 on: August 29, 2019, 05:32:58 AM »
momo doesn't like arguments that are obviously aligned on traditional left-right divides and thinks you can get more productive conversation by avoiding them. now I'm kindasorta sympathetic to that instinct cause obviously most partisan argumentation is just autopilot regurgitating of the same talking points, HOWEVER...

tryna solve this problem through online autodidacticism and preemptively dismissing any ideas that seem too partisan just creates more problems than it solves. you're not only refusing to consider a whole host of ideas, you're not even considering how those viewpoints became so widely held, and what cultural trends (or, ahem, material conditions) brought us to this point.

plus giving a clean slate means sabotaging your bullshit detector. "jordan peterson is a reactionary sexist" maybe feels reductive or too much like a jezebel post for comfort, but it also has the benefit of being true, immediately obvious, and predictive of all his statements about sex and gender.

that reminds me I need to yell at shosta more for that. I mean goddam.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #2344 on: August 29, 2019, 05:37:44 AM »
tbh I really wanna know how the long list of accusations against trump for sexual assault are "fake news."

cause if your self-conception is as someone who plays it straight, doesn't tolerate mischaracterizations of shit, then it behooves you to back up a statement like that. unless you just want the veneer of above-the-fray objectivity without backing it up.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2345 on: August 29, 2019, 05:38:20 AM »
I'm exposed to both far-left and alt-light or whatever they are calling themselves now it's unavoidable, it seeps everywhere, ito anime boards, tv boards, whatever you like, it's there and unavoidable, so i'm aware of what either side is saying. When I want to listen to something deeper about a topic however, I try not to seek these people out, if I'm giving up my time I could have spent going over the nudes shosta sent me again to listen to a guy, I'd rather he be straight(not that way :doge). 

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2346 on: August 29, 2019, 05:40:42 AM »
tbh I really wanna know how the long list of accusations against trump for sexual assault are "fake news."
David Pakman didn't present them as accusations and this goes into what im saying about people misrepresenting things to get a dunk. I get twitter isnt a medium that allows you to be verbose, however he chose not to keep it in his pants when he easily could have or just tweeted about how dumb the Bernie thing is, sans Trump.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2347 on: August 29, 2019, 05:47:31 AM »
I would still like to know what doesn't count as culture wars to you?
Do you mean in a political sense? News? The culture wars is pretty much limited to the alliance of anti-intersectional-fems/conservatives/centrists/trumpeters against intersectional-fems/further-leftist/ant-trumpers fighting each other, the issue is it spans waay too many topics. I'm not convinced the first group of people even like each other tbh :lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2348 on: August 29, 2019, 05:52:22 AM »
In that specific context Sean Hannity is a well know Trump dick rider, and he was going at Bernie for being a candidate that could face Trump. So it's not exactly shocking that trump would be brought there.

I do get what you mean by your earlier posts. Be it anime or comics you'd like to discuss something without it being a political debate, hell I relate to that fully. Especially when it's full on this is either SJW or Alt-right when it doesn't have to be. But my argument with you on that very example is that it was political to the US from the jump, so any reply was going to be that.
It doesn't matter to me who it is. I'm not trying to remove the context, I'm saying despite the context he can be better, I expect him to be better and I want him to be better as this isnt why im a listener. Tbh he doesnt do this really in podcast/interview form and yesterday was one of the 5 days a year i chose to open twitter.

I dont mind him being political, he was replying to a politically charged guy about a politician, being political isnt the issue, trying to get a dunk by doing 2 and 3 on my list is my issue.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #2349 on: August 29, 2019, 06:27:39 AM »
this is so passé. New shosta makes outrageously wrong analyses of the media every week, like this time I blatantly lied to you just to save face.
每天生气

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2350 on: August 29, 2019, 06:43:37 AM »

1) politicization of entertainment, be it comedy or games or comics or whatever. It's infuriating having to deal with people REEEEing that Dave Chapelle made a joke and it's also infuriating that people rally against things like America Chavez getting a Marvel TV show. Who cares, fuck off both camps, dont watch it.
2) Trump derangement syndrome, making everything about Trump (like reverse thanks Obama) and or being opposed to anything he does even when good because hey it's Trump.
3) News commentators (thing i care about most), misrepresentation of your opponents and facts so you can get a dunk on the libs/conservatives/MCU/DC, I care mostly about this because it impacts conversations I have with others as you have to first wade through the garbage to get to an actual conversation and mostly by then everyone's checked out of the topic. Dont care if people here do it because it's just fun and jokes, I do care when it's Pakman.
I still don't see how 2) applies in this case. Sean Hannity is a prominent Fox News host who has defended Trump in the past (Trump tacitly admitted to expecting support from them, cause he was upset they criticised him for a change). Bringing up his double standards when he goes after Sanders for something minor is perfectly valid. Should he have held off because Trump is otherwise being bashed unfairly just to 'balance' the scales?
I'm calling reflexive anti-cirklejerk. I've been there, cause I don't like zealotry either.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 06:48:19 AM by Rufus »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #2351 on: August 29, 2019, 06:57:41 AM »
reflexive anti-cirklejerk

well shit I wrote a whole damn carepost and Rufus just dinner for ones it

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2352 on: August 29, 2019, 07:18:33 AM »

I still don't see how 2) applies in this case. Sean Hannity is a prominent Fox News host who has defended Trump in the past (Trump tacitly admitted to expecting support from them, cause he was upset they criticised him for a change). Bringing up his double standards when he goes after Sanders for something minor is perfectly valid. Should he have held off because Trump is otherwise being bashed unfairly just to 'balance' the scales?
I'm calling reflexive anti-cirklejerk. I've been there, cause I don't like zealotry either.
Anti-circlejerk against a guy i like in favor of a guy i dislike. You can call whatever you want my dude.

agrajag

« Reply #2353 on: August 29, 2019, 11:25:39 AM »
Alright Benji, you're not even being slick anymore

https://twitter.com/Ad_Inifinitum/status/1167095529379155969

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #2354 on: August 29, 2019, 04:15:40 PM »
Bit of a side track but culture war as a term is such a broad, vague and nebulous one that I feel like it could literally apply to any and all arguments. So when is something not a "culture war"?
sloppy prima facie take: ’culture’ in general is a black box in which to throw whatever doesn’t fit/can’t be accounted for. it’s an explanation for when you don’t actually have an explanation

fake edit: the concept behind the term ‘culture’ can obviously be fleshed out by whoever’s using it. but imo the resulting definition is always too narrow for the kind of work we expect the colloquial term ‘culture’ to perform

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #2355 on: August 29, 2019, 04:20:17 PM »
:lol

Alternative way to let people know you're a libertarian without having to say "as a libertarian": Bring up sexual age of consent laws for no reason

I mean, what's next? I'll need a licence to use my toaster!?
◕‿◕

Oblivion

« Reply #2356 on: August 29, 2019, 11:34:54 PM »
I chose not to engage with you, galaxy brain, also Oblivion because he randomly accused me of stuff when he could have just asked.

whoa, whoa WHOA

let's go back to what i ACTUALLY said:

uh...what's the issue momo?

Couple of things:

- I dont listen to David Pakman to get more orange man bad, he's generally pretty good at being principled. Adding Donald Trump into that is just unnecessary orange man bad. The story is about an asshole owner and an alleged asshole Bernie.

- No one in the media I have heard has ever claimed Trump is 'good' as this seems to imply - 'Trump sexually assaulted a dozen women, but Bernie is bad' at best people who defend him (I dont listen to far right commentators) are moderates who say he isnt as bad as the general media claims.

- 'Trump sexually assaulted a dozen women' literally fake news.

dude literally every single thing here is wrong lol

also, using the 'orange man bad' meme? something tells me you don't hate culture war stuff as much as you let on  :doge

1. i said your previous statements were incorrect
2. i said you saying certain things led to certain assumptions being made

and these (or at least the latter) were bad enough that you felt the need to blow up at me? come on, son!

what's funny is that i actually sorta like ya, momo. and i've always been pretty civil to ya as far as i can recall. so i don't appreciate you assuming things about me cause of me assuming things about you! :punch
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 11:44:33 PM by Oblivion »

Oblivion

« Reply #2357 on: August 29, 2019, 11:38:26 PM »

hell, not only a few weeks ago, the guy STILL tried to defend Daddy P! clearly someone needs more time in the re-education camps  :cop

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2358 on: August 30, 2019, 01:15:11 AM »
I chose not to engage with you, galaxy brain, also Oblivion because he randomly accused me of stuff when he could have just asked.

whoa, whoa WHOA

let's go back to what i ACTUALLY said:

uh...what's the issue momo?

Couple of things:

- I dont listen to David Pakman to get more orange man bad, he's generally pretty good at being principled. Adding Donald Trump into that is just unnecessary orange man bad. The story is about an asshole owner and an alleged asshole Bernie.

- No one in the media I have heard has ever claimed Trump is 'good' as this seems to imply - 'Trump sexually assaulted a dozen women, but Bernie is bad' at best people who defend him (I dont listen to far right commentators) are moderates who say he isnt as bad as the general media claims.

- 'Trump sexually assaulted a dozen women' literally fake news.

dude literally every single thing here is wrong lol

also, using the 'orange man bad' meme? something tells me you don't hate culture war stuff as much as you let on  :doge

1. i said your previous statements were incorrect
2. i said you saying certain things led to certain assumptions being made

and these (or at least the latter) were bad enough that you felt the need to blow up at me? come on, son!

what's funny is that i actually sorta like ya, momo. and i've always been pretty civil to ya as far as i can recall. so i don't appreciate you assuming things about me cause of me assuming things about you! :punch

I mean right there in that quote you said 'something tells me you don't hate culture war stuff as much as you let on' and yeah we're pretty civil so sorry for not answering, I was actually annoyed that Mandark even replied to me, then I saw naff and you post about how I like the culture war and I just decided that's enough for me for today, again sorry  :(

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2359 on: August 30, 2019, 01:16:56 AM »
orange man is bad tho
This is true, but I dont need people telling me orange man is bad when reading a Dave Chappelle comedy special review  :idont

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2360 on: August 30, 2019, 09:11:01 AM »
Bit of a side track but culture war as a term is such a broad, vague and nebulous one that I feel like it could literally apply to any and all arguments. So when is something not a "culture war"?
There's actually a "proper" answer to this that's sorta obvious. It comes from Bismarck's Kulturkampf and while it was reflected in American lexicon during the first wave of MASSIVE UNCHECKED IMMIGRATION it wasn't truly established as a term until Pat Buchanan gave his speech, which I will link at the end here.

The amazing thing is that despite this and despite as has been noted the fact that it can truly mean almost anything, the common usage has been amazingly consistent since Bismarck. It's almost always a conflict between traditionalist views and liberal views; liberal in terms of permissive or accepting rather than "political liberalism" which is why you can have such quirks as alt-right Gamers fighting for women in games to dress however while the ResetERA.com male feminists demand they COVER UP. It's still traditionalism vs. liberalism, just depends on the issue for who stands where. Similarly, it's how the alliances against filthy hair bands and violent video games could include such "political liberals" as the Gore's and Hillary as much as Pat Robertson, while certain "political conservatives" felt more comfortable criticizing it but not wanting any kind of government intervention.

One side being religious groups, be that the Roman Catholic Church in Bismarckian Germany or The 700 Club in late 1980s America is more of a factor of religious practice being highly traditionalist than anything else. The United States often has a lot of these as cross cleavages on the "culture wars" because the Judeo-Christian founding mythology runs head long into the "freedom of speech" pride. On issues where that doesn't exist like gay rights or abortion there's a lot less of the crosscutting between groups that wouldn't be allies.

My main personal gripe with the "culture wars" is how easily it grabs and dominates attention and discussion, in part because it's a lot of gut feeling based stuff, even here on the cynical intellectual salon The Bire look at how stuff will swallow up, say, the garbage thread for SERIOUS DEBATE, it's almost all "culture war" nonsense that convinces no one.

As promised, Pat Buchanan warning us about the Clintons War On America in Classic 30 Minute YouTube form:

An ending clip, described by the uploader as "The moving conclusion of Pat Buchanan's Culture War Speech"

Michael DAntonio
3 years ago
THAT GREAT 1992 RNC SPEECH - THE GREATEST SPEECH I EVER HEARD - ONE THAT HAD INSPIRED ME TO TEARS, PUNCHING THE FLOOR YELLING, "THANK YOU PAT!" THAT RNC SPEECH WAS WRITTEN AND DELIVERED BY MY 2000 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION WRITE-IN CHOICE, THE REFORM PARTY CANDIDATE   - THE GREAT PATRICK J. BUCHANAN!  GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS PATRICK JOSEPH BUCHANAN!
Travis Hammer
8 months ago
Pat Buchanan and Ross Perot both saw the writing on the walls and predicted the problems we face today.
AIKsupporter
1 year ago
it would take 24 years for his ideas to reach the White House but better late then never

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2361 on: August 30, 2019, 10:27:58 AM »

set to 1.25 or higher to save your sanity, the two guests read their scripts very slowly
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 10:34:25 AM by Rufus »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #2362 on: August 30, 2019, 12:07:31 PM »
I was skeptical at first, but it really does sound like he has brain damage.
©ZH

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #2363 on: August 30, 2019, 01:34:25 PM »
which is why you can have such quirks as alt-right Gamers fighting for women in games to dress however while the ResetERA.com male feminists demand they COVER UP

just realized that benji thinks videogames are real and things are starting to make more sense now

agrajag

Oblivion

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #2366 on: August 30, 2019, 10:23:08 PM »
In all fairness to Stefan my college professor who I had for a few media/film/images classes and had a really strong feminist bent (and I don't mean that in a condescending alt-right  :social kind of way) was quite   >:( about heels because of those same reasons. The sexualized examples examples Stefan points out. She never said anything about "codpieces". Ahhh, maybe she pointed out the fact that wearing heels for a long time fucks up women's bodies (or rather anyone. Ima be gender neutral here), but that might have been in one of my gender, race, class classes for all I know.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #2367 on: August 30, 2019, 10:38:38 PM »
Heels are mandatory formal attire for many events which is bullshit. I think a feminist would be mad about being forced to wear that and many are annoyed that the self objectification exists in allegedly professional settings. Stefan is mad that women ever try to be sexy at all.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #2368 on: August 30, 2019, 10:48:52 PM »
which is why you can have such quirks as alt-right Gamers fighting for women in games to dress however while the ResetERA.com male feminists demand they COVER UP

just realized that benji thinks videogames are real and things are starting to make more sense now
They are real. I've actually even played some of them.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ashe's character, like many others, was created after the fact of her design. She exists as a foil to McCree because, upon settling on a design, they simply made her that way. We don't know how she would've been characterized as a black woman because Blizzard didn't give her the chance to be a black woman.
[close]

agrajag

« Reply #2369 on: August 31, 2019, 12:39:44 AM »
best thing about benji is how unflappable he is in the face of mandark's cowardice

Oblivion

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2371 on: August 31, 2019, 09:44:30 AM »
All because some rando on Twitter called him a bed bug in a tweet that didn't even @ him.
dog

agrajag

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #2373 on: August 31, 2019, 04:14:22 PM »
Guys wearing bright red shirts, rainbow wigs, and pink puffy hats, are we sure this is a straight pride parade?
WDW

agrajag

« Reply #2374 on: August 31, 2019, 04:28:35 PM »
invite a pedo apologist to own the gays brehs

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #2375 on: August 31, 2019, 05:09:51 PM »
This popped up in my recommendations for some reason.

Seems kinda wank daddy even though I can't quite put my finger on it why. Maybe he's just the programmer stereotype living in a world of 1s and 0s where everything must be pure logic, insert coin into gumball machine, gumball pops out.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2376 on: August 31, 2019, 06:01:11 PM »
Huh. I've watched a couple of his videos a while back after he randomly popped up in my recommendeds. He has a charming dead-pan, but content wise it wasn't my thing.

As for wank dadness: Most of his videos are life and career advice and he can come off arrogant, I suppose, which is probably where you're getting the Wank Dad vibes from. Arrogance seems to be a core feature.  Never struck me as reactionary though, just a guy who found success in his life and wants to vlog about it. 

This particular video is purposefully light on detail, so it's hard to get a clear impression of what may have gone wrong. It does make him sound like he tried to pave over bumps in his relationship with money, but again, light on details, so... /shrug

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #2377 on: August 31, 2019, 06:09:09 PM »
Haha yeah perhaps. It's the first time I was ever recommended a video of his and then I looked at some of the comments in another one where people were saying "ah shit. I can't believe you got Damore'd by Facebook for speaking the truth" which made me kinda  :doge

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2378 on: August 31, 2019, 06:16:28 PM »
Oh. :lol Might just be Youtube comment nonsense.
Well, I don't know anything about that. These two videos are about that. Haven't watched yet.
edit: sounds like monetizing his decently successful channel was the problem? and also mentions insane working hours. might be another reason for the strained relationship with his wife. :doge

« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 06:20:50 PM by Rufus »

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #2379 on: August 31, 2019, 07:21:01 PM »
It was this one

But I leave the true wank dads keep on keeping on rather than this fellow.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2380 on: August 31, 2019, 07:23:58 PM »
He mentions in the Q&A above that he was fired a month before he hit publish on that video. Just Youtube commenters spinning a yarn.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #2381 on: September 01, 2019, 07:25:16 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2382 on: September 01, 2019, 03:39:53 PM »

I don't like digging for years old posts on the Internet to throw back at people.
*Does exactly just that*

Like I don't dispute bringing light to public information but the preciousness (here included) gets a bit much sometimes.
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2383 on: September 02, 2019, 12:19:58 AM »
Shoeonhead has been going hard into pedos lately, on one hand cool on the other, who really wants to be known as the pedo detective lmao

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2384 on: September 02, 2019, 11:53:19 AM »
Shoeonhead has been going hard into pedos lately, on one hand cool on the other, who really wants to be known as the pedo detective lmao

She looks like one of those 20-somethings that Chris Hanson uses to trick dudes into thinking they're meeting a 14 y/o.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #2385 on: September 03, 2019, 02:06:53 AM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2386 on: September 03, 2019, 02:27:56 AM »

She looks like one of those 20-somethings that Chris Hanson uses to trick dudes into thinking they're meeting a 14 y/o.
Prolly has a lot of seats around her house just in case someone needs one

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #2387 on: September 03, 2019, 02:31:27 AM »
I gotta say it, Momo could probably be a great cool young dude.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2388 on: September 03, 2019, 03:02:08 AM »
I got hit on my lots of guys in my club days  :trumps

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #2389 on: September 03, 2019, 03:08:04 AM »
I buy it

agrajag

agrajag

« Reply #2392 on: September 03, 2019, 11:08:25 AM »
I love how you can always count on benji to go on a deep dumpster dive into the comment section  :lol

agrajag

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2394 on: September 03, 2019, 11:38:15 AM »
I love how you can always count on benji to go on a deep dumpster dive into the comment section  :lol
I always tap out early. I don't know how he does it.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2395 on: September 03, 2019, 04:05:21 PM »
occum  ;)

agrajag

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2397 on: September 04, 2019, 11:59:29 AM »
What's a blazetv

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2398 on: September 04, 2019, 12:08:05 PM »
©@©™

agrajag

« Reply #2399 on: September 04, 2019, 12:09:06 PM »
What's a blazetv

Glenn Beck's thing