Author Topic: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo  (Read 614731 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo
« Reply #2460 on: September 10, 2019, 01:16:57 PM »
"Alright, we gotta go..."
dog

agrajag

« Reply #2461 on: September 10, 2019, 02:09:06 PM »

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #2462 on: September 10, 2019, 02:31:26 PM »
I don't understand. But then I'm a petty loser (and a Monster drinking Gamer) and he is a Harvard man.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2463 on: September 10, 2019, 02:45:58 PM »
Galaxy :brain
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2464 on: September 10, 2019, 03:53:32 PM »
I don't understand. But then I'm a petty loser (and a Monster drinking Gamer) and he is a Harvard man.

Sounds like a more refined version of the Vicsim / Crisis actor canard.
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2465 on: September 10, 2019, 04:44:39 PM »
Well, we you really get down to it, can we say for sure that any of us actually exist?
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2466 on: September 10, 2019, 05:45:16 PM »

Cigar dads  :success
🤴

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

agrajag

« Reply #2468 on: September 11, 2019, 02:53:41 AM »
Kurt Russell not looking so good these days

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #2470 on: September 11, 2019, 08:39:25 PM »
Jesus, he’s 52?

benjipwns

« Reply #2472 on: September 11, 2019, 09:04:07 PM »
"too bad Paris is no longer Paris, it's now infested with rats, graffiti, high crime, sexual assault, just to name a few"

I thought you said it's no longer Paris.

benjipwns

« Reply #2474 on: September 12, 2019, 04:33:58 AM »
Whites on the Left Coast and in New England are race traitors.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2475 on: September 12, 2019, 01:07:56 PM »
https://twitter.com/EricRWeinstein/status/1171095918986137600

:lol
A group I don't count myself a part of doesn't (redundantly) shun me for questioning their orthodoxy, because they probably think me a heathen already, but a group I do count myself a part of... Hold on a minute!

In that interview I watched, he mentions that he feels constrained by 280 characters limits on Twitter, but I feel like he could have made his point better than this even with 140. :doge
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 01:27:23 PM by Rufus »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2476 on: September 12, 2019, 01:55:18 PM »
Whites on the Left Coast and in New England are race traitors.

They don’t care about protecting our important freedoms, like drinking a 72oz Big Gulp with a plastic straw.
©@©™

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #2477 on: September 12, 2019, 06:51:03 PM »
I’ve never seen a Marxist use the word ‘legitimacy’ with any kind of unironic weight to it. I think it’s mostly viewed as a liberal shibboleth.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #2478 on: September 12, 2019, 07:14:45 PM »
Stefan, could you maybe just light a blunt, watch some Thursday night football and shut the fuck up for a moment?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2479 on: September 12, 2019, 07:17:41 PM »
I never thought about it but I feel you're right about this.
(People's) might make right. Marxism is scientific and basically a natural, deterministic evolution (User warned : Poor understanding of a core concept). The revolutionary slaughter (as a concerted, political effort directed at your own national elites) is the "legitimacy".

From Kant to BHL and Molyneux.  :usacry
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 07:34:45 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #2480 on: September 12, 2019, 07:24:12 PM »
Stefan, could you maybe just light a blunt, watch some Thursday night football and shut the fuck up for a moment?
No, he has to defend mankind, not engage in bread and circuses as civilization collapses!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2481 on: September 12, 2019, 07:30:58 PM »
No, he has to defend mankind, not engage in bread and circuses as civilization collapses!

ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2482 on: September 12, 2019, 07:33:08 PM »
Well it's not quite deterministic, the core idea of marxist social change is that the masses of classes make history through revolution and/or mass action, by seizing ownership of the means of production, and that your class and ideology is determined by your relation to those means of production. basically, people have to make it happen through action. marxism's "prescriptive" idea is to create a world sans class, and the only way to do that is for the masses to seize the means and develop them past the necessity for class society. If people don't do anything, then DotB will just continue indefinitely. i think in some of marx you can see attempts to describe capitalism of depriving humans of their species essence (gattungswesen) and i suppose this could be considered a moral argument of some sort. but i can't think of much else.

but i dont know if you're hitting me with sarcasm because i can't read good. im a dumb dumb

Oh no I was just (over)simplifying. Should have just kept the "Marxism is scientific" I guess.
ὕβρις

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #2483 on: September 12, 2019, 08:20:29 PM »
To be honest I don't really know whether we have a way of objectively knowing whether history is driven by hegelian synthetic contradiction explosions
Luckily Marxism is a science and you can just test it with regression analysis
每天生气

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #2484 on: September 12, 2019, 08:29:49 PM »
There’s definitely a strain of marxist thought that’s committed to historical materialism as a nomothetic science and drains any role for normative discussion. This is pretty much intellectually bankrupt and even if it wasn’t, wouldn’t matter in political debates over the right and the good.

At the other end of the spectrum there’s another line of thought that ditches the ‘immortal science’ shtick and opens up talking about justice. They might claim that Marxist approaches are just better (normatively) at solving questions of distributive justice or whatever. These are the left-wing of fascism types.

And there are others who try to split the difference through rhetorical legerdemain. Both the ‘scientific’ and the ‘normative theory’ strains are present in Marx (& Engels), and you need to jump through exegetical hoops and ladders to justify one or the other.

I bring up legitimacy specifically because even the ‘soft’ marxists would yeet that concept, even while keeping ‘justice’. ‘Legitimacy’ is hugely important to liberalism. At one obvious level, you already knew this because it’s a buzzword for an almost occult quality of international conduct or democratic procedure that normals have no other way of talking about. But even here in the hallowed halls of [checks sign above door] Higher EducationTM it’s of central concern to liberal divines like Rawls, Dworkin, et al. who use it to mean something like “what prevents the train full of masses from running off the rails”.

Molyneux here is actually being a dumbass in the normal way, by collapsing any distinction between ‘legitimacy’ and ‘moral rectitude’. And then he’s a dumbass in the molyneux way because Marxism has a different theory of violence too which he’d only know if he’d actually done the reading, but whatever.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[waiting for Kara to get off work intensifies]
[close]
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 08:36:14 PM by jakefromstatefarm »

shosta

« Reply #2485 on: September 12, 2019, 08:31:10 PM »
if anyone bothered to test things like socially necessary labor time and rates of profit (factoring in imperialism) with lv99 sergey brin fuck you money bayesian analysis that would be cool. i dont think anyone gives a fuck though. except dorks on the interbutts

Piketty did show labor share of profit declining steadily over time :ufup

Proof of the crisis of overproduction :rejoice
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #2486 on: September 12, 2019, 08:31:16 PM »
Luckily Marxism is a science and you can just test it with regression analysis
You understand nothing about science. It is true because it was revealed by the forces of history. :bolo

benjipwns

« Reply #2488 on: September 13, 2019, 12:13:11 AM »
what im saying is if you write something bad you dont want published then
don't become famous and just fade into history forever obscure :success

benjipwns

« Reply #2489 on: September 13, 2019, 12:18:12 AM »
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1170294392042795008
NO EXCUSES ANYMORE:

Due to requests, Piketty produced his own summary before this even came out. It's only 30 pages.
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #2490 on: September 13, 2019, 12:34:45 AM »
"Gentleman, from my understanding, the people of the late Trump Era ate solely under the guidance of a religious order called 'YUM! Brands' on which we believe to have uncovered enough evidence to recreate such dishes. Specifically my proposal is for us to allocate a significant portion of our funding to create something designated as a 'Crunchwrap Supreme' which was some kind of ceremonial dish."
 -translated from Interlac, 2976

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2491 on: September 13, 2019, 01:27:01 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)
who's this guy? i've seen his face before but i cant place it

EDIT: never mind i see his name is in the picture, i dont know her.

benjipwns

« Reply #2492 on: September 13, 2019, 01:33:09 AM »
I like that he can't even decide if he wants to be a fascist or a libertarian nfuck
he wants to eliminate the government, except for the part that ethnically cleanses all the non-whites and forces the women into modesty

moving towards anarcho-qutbist

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #2493 on: September 13, 2019, 01:38:42 AM »
basically, people have to make it happen through action. marxism's "prescriptive" idea is to create a world sans class, and the only way to do that is for the masses to seize the means and develop them past the necessity for class society. If people don't do anything, then DotB will just continue indefinitely.
but the question’s about whether the people’s doing something is governed by inexorable covering laws something like the ones in the natural sciences, or whether it’s contingent and morally motivated. I don’t see how there’s any space here for a deterministicish approach, you either think the one or the other. If you want genuinely prescriptive marxism, then you need to really deflate your philosophy of history.

benjipwns

« Reply #2494 on: September 13, 2019, 01:46:10 AM »
I still have no clue how Stefan got so famous, he's always been terrible, his videos suck and are unbelievably boring, his writing is funny in its absurdity but nobody but weirdos like me read it, even long before he got obsessed with racial stuff his popularity was weird

the one thing I remember making me go from like ignoring him as lame to just being confused/amused about the guy he had a panel like thing with Deirdre McCloskey where he kept rambling about random things as she looked miserable, at one point to answer some question she was describing whatever about guild economics in Britain and Molyneux says something like "well, no, actually in England, they had economic liberty" and rambled on about the importance of economic liberty, she looked like she wanted to murder him

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2495 on: September 13, 2019, 02:49:57 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #2496 on: September 13, 2019, 02:59:45 AM »

https://mythinformed.org/support
In August 2019, the venue for our MindsIRL conference, “Ending Racism, Violence and Authoritarianism” unlawfully cancelled our contract just 12 days prior to the event. This cancellation led to tens of thousands in additional overhead costs, thousands of dollars in lost revenue, damage to our reputation and a loss of countless hours to find a new venue that could accommodate our nearly 500 guests.

Events that bring differing minds together for good-faith discussions are needed to help depolarize our culture. Thuggary, intimidation and venue cancellations have only strengthened our commitment to provide more for our audience.

We are seeking legal counsel to push back on this injustice and ensure our events can continue into the future. Our goal is to raise $250,000 from our community to support the cause. Contributions of any amount are greatly appreciated. Initially the contract was signed by Mythinformed, subsequently we entered into a partnership with Minds.com and all parties agreed to operate under the original contract.
THE STORY
In August 2019, the Broadway Theatre in Pitman, New Jersey was supposed to be the location for a one-day conference aimed at “Ending Racism, Violence and Authoritarianism.” Sponsored by Minds, an emerging social networking site and organized by the volunteer-run nonprofit organization Mythinformed, the conference was to feature good-faith, socio-political discussions between people of wide-ranging perspectives. Headlining the event was Daryl Davis, a deradicalization expert who has personally deradicalized more than 200 KKK members by forging a connection through dialogue. 

Despite the positive mission of the conference, a group of protesters calling themselves NoHateNJ (consisting of Copper River Indivisible, Hub City Antifa and South Jersey DSA), along with other “anti-facist activists,” began a campaign of social media dissension with the aim of shutting down the event. The group opposed the conference and encouraged followers to make contact with the Broadway Theatre in Pitman, encouraging them to shut down the event.

The theatre informed conference organizers that phone calls, emails and social media messages were pouring in, some including threats of violence. At some point, the theatre’s Twitter account was hacked and held hostage until the venue agreed to cancel the event. Under legal contract and with no political ties to the events happening at the venue, the theatre initially assured event organizers of their commitment to their contract. However, just 12 days prior to the event, as intimidation from these anonymous thugs continued, organizers received an email from the theatre notifying them of their intent to renege on the contract.

This left event organizers with just days to find a new venue. This was a monumental task.

Event organizers were all volunteers from out of state. Several individuals used their remaining PTO days to travel to New Jersey at significant last-minute travel costs to hunt for a new venue.

400 tickets were already sold to the event - many from across the nation and some from across the globe. Organizers not only needed to find a venue available on a Saturday within a week, but one that could hold 400+ people and was within a 30-minute drive of the original venue.

During this time, ticket sales and promotions had to be cut off - a critical time for sales. Several speakers dropped out of the event at this time (some with nonrefundable travel costs), causing volunteer organizers to rally and find replacements and book additional, costly last-minute travel arrangements.

Despite our commitment to continue to host the event, incorrect reports that the event was cancelled spread online. Some event ticket holders requested refunds due to concerns that the event wouldn't take place at all.

Finally, six days prior to the conference date, a new venue (at three times the cost of the original) was secured in Philadelphia. Transit costs between the new venue, hotels and after party locations were higher and more of a logistical challenge as a result.

LEGAL & EVENT CONTINUATION FUND
Overall, significant ticket sales were lost due to the destabilization of the event thanks to this unlawful contact cancellation. Our goal of raising $250,000 is twofold.

It will be used for litigation regarding the interference with, disruption and cancellation of the Minds.com conference location in New Jersey. Businesses shouldn’t cave to rogue activism and should HONOR their contract obligations. Minds does not accept this form of cowardly censorship. 

Any remaining monies will be used to hold bigger and better events. These events are needed to help depolarize our culture. We want to send a message to extremists that thuggery and intimidation will only strengthen our resolve, not de-platform or weaken it.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2497 on: September 13, 2019, 03:11:13 AM »
who's this guy? i've seen his face before but i cant place it

EDIT: never mind i see his name is in the picture, i dont know her.

He's a discount-Alex Jones cool young dude from Great Britain. Was a regular guest at Infowars.
ὕβρις

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #2498 on: September 13, 2019, 03:12:54 AM »
I think there's prescriptive intent inside Marx and Engels(wink wink nudge nudge. Y'all like Fourier? Now listen to this), but they spend the vast majority of their time on description.
definitely. like I said above, both strains are in their writing. And we might want to fault them here for ambiguity or indeterminacy. Or not, idk.

I thought we were arguing about whether it's morally justified or correct in a wrong/right sense based on molyneux tweet.
yeah, this is what I mean by morally motivated. Both in the sense that i) the proletariat themselves have a conception of right/wrong and in the sense that ii) we, from our disengaged position, can say it’s right/wrong or better/worse than something else. Like, it’s a state of affairs which is susceptible of making value judgments of, I guess. The nomothetic/scientific marxism can maintain i) by incorporating people’s moral motivation as a part of the model, but can’t claim ii). Prescriptive marxism also maintains ii), and this makes it commensurable with rival political theories of justice, like liberalism, or whatever. Whereas it’s nonsensical to say that scientific marxism ‘competes’ with any ethical or political theory.

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #2499 on: September 13, 2019, 03:28:12 AM »
The upshot of my posts today itt, and I’m sorry it took me this long to articulate it: prescriptive marxists are upfront about and can sincerely say that communism is desirable. Scientific marxists can’t but in practice, no one like this ever existed because it’s so perverse (absurd?) to be committed to a descriptive political state of affairs while not endorsing any normative theory.

This seems like a stupidly obvious point but so much of the shuck and jive of (bad) marxist discourse rests on slipping between these two registers.

shosta

« Reply #2500 on: September 13, 2019, 06:57:35 AM »
how is someone supposed to exactly quantify class struggle like its a football game in action?

this is a joke, don't get mad
[close]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 07:41:59 AM by shosta »
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #2501 on: September 13, 2019, 07:04:43 AM »
yeah, this is what I mean by morally motivated. Both in the sense that i) the proletariat themselves have a conception of right/wrong and in the sense that ii) we, from our disengaged position, can say it’s right/wrong or better/worse than something else. Like, it’s a state of affairs which is susceptible of making value judgments of, I guess. The nomothetic/scientific marxism can maintain i) by incorporating people’s moral motivation as a part of the model, but can’t claim ii). Prescriptive marxism also maintains ii), and this makes it commensurable with rival political theories of justice, like liberalism, or whatever. Whereas it’s nonsensical to say that scientific marxism ‘competes’ with any ethical or political theory.
To quote NBC's The Good Place, "This is exactly why everyone hates moral philosophers."
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #2502 on: September 13, 2019, 07:54:27 AM »
The Queen Is Back! YAAAAAASSSS! The Wank Mom!

Quote from: from timestamp 18:30
SEBASTIAN GORKA (HOST): California, New Mexico, Hawaii, Texas and Nevada now have majority-minority populations, and here we go with the most important one -- percentage of congressional districts with foreign-born populations above the national average, which went Democrat.

Percentage of congressional districts with foreign-born populations above the national average, that went Democrat -- 90 percent. Isn't that what it's about?

Isn't that why the Democrats don't want to have, for example, voter I.D.? To bump that number up to 100?

MICHELLE MALKIN: It's what it's all about, and you're not allowed to say it.

In fact, you have many of these Soros-subsidized or Soros-allied organizations
that will immediately attack anyone who points to those numbers as somehow racist or xenophobic, or trafficking in what they call a conspiracy theory.

Now, the irony of it is that you have all of these left-wing academics, and many of these open-borders inc propagandists that will use the same numbers -- and if they're in their own comfortable chambers, will cheerlead and beat their chests about it --

GORKA: Celebrate it, right?

MALKIN: And they call it "demographic conquest."

GORKA: And this is what Clinton actually said in a speech to bankers, that you can now read, "my dream" -- this is the woman who was going to be president -- "my dream is a borderless hemisphere," if there are no borders from Canada to South America, there is no America. Am I right? 

MALKIN: That's exactly right. That's what it's all about, and it needs to be spelled out.

https://twitter.com/michellemalkin/status/1172328647203553280

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2503 on: September 13, 2019, 08:06:36 AM »
She's not on Cameo. :fbm
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2504 on: September 13, 2019, 08:43:08 AM »
FORTY EIGHT?

Holy bajeesus :noah

benjipwns

« Reply #2505 on: September 13, 2019, 09:12:43 AM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2506 on: September 13, 2019, 09:14:03 AM »
What an ancient meme.
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #2507 on: September 13, 2019, 09:16:22 AM »
still short of menopause

benjipwns

« Reply #2508 on: September 13, 2019, 01:21:24 PM »
If there's a moral hook or sales point in Marxism, I don't think it's in the class portion. I think it's: "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs".
In the USSR work is a duty and a matter of honor for every able-bodied citizen, in accordance with the principle: “He who does not work, neither shall he eat.”

BisMarckie

« Reply #2509 on: September 13, 2019, 01:26:01 PM »
Would Lenin be a Wank Dad if he were alive today?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #2510 on: September 13, 2019, 01:28:41 PM »
The Queen Is Back! YAAAAAASSSS! The Wank Mom!

I checked a couple years ago to see what she was up to, and her big thing was being a fucking Daniel Holtzclaw truther.

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #2511 on: September 13, 2019, 02:12:19 PM »
To quote NBC's The Good Place, "This is exactly why everyone hates moral philosophers."

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #2512 on: September 13, 2019, 04:05:07 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2513 on: September 13, 2019, 05:31:04 PM »
https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/12/20862696/pewdiepie-adl-donation-backlash-100-million-subscribers

Is this guy wearing an Iron Cross on his shoulder? :rofl

[close]

It's a somewhat ubiquitous iconic shape and even by itself it's possible to argue it's been a bit neutered (The label of Jeff Mills, which I don't particularly suspect of Neonazi sympathies, has a logo clearly reminiscent of it on top of being called Axis Records...) so who knows ? But yeah... You would expect he would be advised to play that extra-safe and just... You know... change sweaters.

Then again the whole thing has been such a clown show from beginning to end... Doesn't he have people to help him ?
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2514 on: September 13, 2019, 05:42:10 PM »
The erudite (?) explanation making the rounds on the net is that it is a Georgian Bolnisi Cross.

https://www.georgianjournal.ge/society/35434-famous-youtuber-pewdiepie-wearing-demna-gvasalia.html
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2515 on: September 14, 2019, 11:36:16 AM »

Vodka and Aliens

Joe's on a roll
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #2517 on: September 15, 2019, 12:48:31 PM »
Candace can get the business alright  :shaq
Margs

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #2518 on: September 16, 2019, 01:09:46 AM »
100% my wank mom :noah

team filler

• filler
  • filler