Author Topic: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo  (Read 614525 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo
« Reply #4920 on: June 23, 2020, 11:06:53 PM »
Dude's dead.
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4921 on: June 24, 2020, 02:09:40 AM »
Is he still getting more coma treatment in Belarus or wherever it was this time?
©@©™

Oblivion

« Reply #4922 on: June 24, 2020, 02:30:36 AM »
they were in serbia like 2 weeks ago, but ALLEGEDLY jorp was done with his treatments

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4923 on: June 24, 2020, 02:57:42 AM »
I think I'll trust SERBIAN DOCTORS over a bunch of FORUM NERDS.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #4924 on: June 24, 2020, 04:32:45 AM »
I think I'll trust SERBIAN DOCTORS over a bunch of FORUM NERDS.

But who do you trust more between SERBIAN NERDS and FORUM DOCTORS?  :thinking
Margs

Oblivion

« Reply #4926 on: June 24, 2020, 03:16:14 PM »
https://twitter.com/ClipsDave/status/1275086938001641472

he gets more and more pathetic every day :neogaf

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #4927 on: June 24, 2020, 07:33:14 PM »
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 07:35:28 PM by Great Rumbler »
duc

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4928 on: June 25, 2020, 12:21:49 AM »
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4930 on: June 25, 2020, 04:40:27 PM »
greenwald published his contribution to the right-populist discourse

shosta should read it for us

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4931 on: June 25, 2020, 04:46:21 PM »

It's not an article, it's nearly two hours with Nathan Robinson and Krystal Ball:

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4932 on: June 25, 2020, 04:47:28 PM »
what fucking depravity is that

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #4933 on: June 25, 2020, 05:15:24 PM »
https://twitter.com/tereseaimee/status/1275381209523052544
https://twitter.com/ExtraHighMarx/status/1275492147106635776

https://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1918/aug/20.htm
Quote from: Vladimir Ilyich Lenin
The American people have a revolutionary tradition which has been adopted by the best representatives of the American proletariat, who have repeatedly expressed their complete solidarity with us Bolsheviks. That tradition is the war of liberation against the British in the eighteenth century and the Civil War in the nineteenth century. In some respects, if we only take into consideration the “destruction” of some branches of industry and of the national economy, America in 1870 was behind 1860. But what a pedant, what an idiot would anyone be to deny on these grounds the immense, world-historic, progressive and revolutionary significance of the American Civil War of 1863-65!
QED

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #4934 on: June 25, 2020, 06:30:47 PM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4936 on: June 25, 2020, 08:32:18 PM »
Some would argue that that is all ungodly and only the arrogance of man is keeping the Netherlands from it's proper place under the sea.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4937 on: June 25, 2020, 08:38:10 PM »
only postpostmodernism can save us now
©@©™

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #4938 on: June 25, 2020, 09:22:06 PM »

Oblivion

« Reply #4939 on: June 26, 2020, 01:03:10 AM »

i listened to it, but only the portion with nathan. it was less entertaining than i hoped. most of the discussion was really just about trying to define what a 'rightwing populist' actually was. greenwald said tucker carlson, josh hawley and trump circa 2016 would count. there was also one moment where he said the right is populist because they're the only ones that want to take on the telecoms :neogaf a lot of it seemed like both talking past each other, honestly.

donut recommend  :doge
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 01:09:58 AM by Oblivion »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4940 on: June 26, 2020, 01:35:27 AM »
shosta should [watch] it for us
I'll do it tomorrow... but I want you to increase my allowance
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4941 on: June 26, 2020, 02:41:08 AM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4942 on: June 26, 2020, 02:45:06 AM »
Meanwhile, being surprised by Bill Mitchell  :pika

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1276375906974564353

Though promoting the pill over PP and not the full array of options doesn't bode too well (didn't watch the video, obviously  :doge ).
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #4944 on: June 26, 2020, 09:52:17 AM »
p*litical sc*entists

benjipwns annihilated

shosta

« Reply #4945 on: June 26, 2020, 01:07:58 PM »
What is right wing populism? For me, the starting point has to be the current state of left wing populism.

:shaq2

In the numerous instances where left wing populists can't make meaningful coalitions with democrat corporatists... Prompts the question... who are the left wing going to form coalitions with?

:dead alright boys I'm going to listen to the whole thing and get back to you all
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #4946 on: June 26, 2020, 01:09:43 PM »
Every form of democratic government is by definition populist.

I am very smart. :curious

shosta

« Reply #4947 on: June 26, 2020, 02:15:09 PM »
- Glenn says that right wing populists and left wing populists intersect on extremely important issues like when Bernie Sanders teamed up with a tea party republican to limit bombing in Yemen. But Trump VETOED THAT. So aligning with ur-right-wing-populists seems like a pretty bad strategy. Also tea party types are - sometimes but not always - cloaked in libertarian aesthetic, which is decidedly not the same thing as populism. They're probably more likely to adopt an isolationist stance than these populists ever are. He makes this same mistake again when he says Booker works with Rand Paul. Limited government conservatives are not right wing populists.

- Glenn's interest here is clearly in defending his multiple appearances on Tucker Carlson. Glenn does make a good point here that one of Tucker's fundamental impulses, that government shouldn't bend over for the interests of the corporate class, makes him a valuable ally on very specific issues like the Amazon tax credit. I think tucker makes an interesting case study here because he's actually ideologically consistent whereas Trump is not and lets himself get co-opted by whoever is the most obsequious.

I think Glenn's central point here is "why are Josh Hawley and Tucker Carlson off-limits?" He's right that political allies are not the same thing as friends and that politics is about opening up channels for communication. But his major example for how people on the right and left came together and engaged in dialogue is... the gay rights movement? What?

Nathan Robinson's interview is at 30:00. I can't stand his voice but I did it for you all. It's easy to anticipate his main question: what politics on the right is genuinely, authentically working class? It's fraudulent. And he doesn't mean "don't ever talk to the right", he means "don't frame then as populists" because all you're doing is enabling then to continue to hoodwink working class people. That's probably the most important thing: since right wing populism is fundamentally an act of deception, helping them in that rhetorical space is absolutely immoral. Glenn continues to misinterpret Nathan as saying "don't be friends with these people".

Glenn: "If I asked you who are the left wing populists, and you said AOC and Bernie Sanders, I'd say wait, they're trying to elect the biggest centrist ever, Joe Biden!" :dead this man is so confused :dead

"I think it's kind of distracting to talk about Donald Trump because it's unfair to that movement to make Trump the prism through which we understand them because he is a con man. But there are people who have more genuine convictions and more fixed ideologies than Donald Trump"
Nathan: WHO? WHO???? [:rofl :rofl]
Glenn: Josh Hawley! Tucker Carlson!

Glenn thinks people are chasing ideas and Nathan thinks people are chasing their interests by any means possible. Basically Nathan is a materialist and Glenn is an idealist, that'll be $50 please

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Glenn: libertarianism is populist because it's against the government rigging things for corporations :dead
[close]

[intermission]
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4948 on: June 26, 2020, 02:21:36 PM »
I think they're just trying to be friends with Tucker because one day he will be President.
🤴

shosta

« Reply #4949 on: June 26, 2020, 02:35:43 PM »
I think the most telling part is when Nathan says, look, you can and should "work with" Libertarians or even Le Pen nazis on very specific limited aims if there really is agreement but you should be excruciatingly careful about your concessions. Glenn immediately says "yeah, don't concede anything important!" And therein lies the crux: when Glenn says "work with", he doesn't think you'll have to make concessions, you can just pass these limited aims where everyone agrees. But all coalition building involves concession making! And that's why the right wing "populists" historically align with the capitalists... their identarian aims are more important to them than their economic ones (if they exist at all).
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4950 on: June 26, 2020, 02:54:23 PM »
- Glenn says that right wing populists and left wing populists intersect on extremely important issues like when Bernie Sanders teamed up with a tea party republican to limit bombing in Yemen. But Trump VETOED THAT. So aligning with ur-right-wing-populists seems like a pretty bad strategy.

It's also a weird example because the sponsors were Bernie + Mike Lee + 17 other Democrats. Then it passed both houses when the Dems all voted for it and peeled off a few Republicans.

Seems like pretty orthodox party politics!

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #4951 on: June 26, 2020, 03:12:10 PM »
Glenn thinks people are chasing ideas and Nathan thinks people are chasing their interests by any means possible. Basically Nathan is a materialist and Glenn is an idealist
just saving this for my next carepost. carry on!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4952 on: June 26, 2020, 03:23:52 PM »
I think the most telling part is when Nathan says, look, you can and should "work with" Libertarians or even Le Pen nazis on very specific limited aims if there really is agreement but you should be excruciatingly careful about your concessions. Glenn immediately says "yeah, don't concede anything important!" And therein lies the crux: when Glenn says "work with", he doesn't think you'll have to make concessions, you can just pass these limited aims where everyone agrees. But all coalition building involves concession making! And that's why the right wing "populists" historically align with the capitalists... their identarian aims are more important to them than their economic ones (if they exist at all).

Yeah. It didn't really work in Italy, as far as I know. In France Le Pen has so few MPs they're not even a factor at the national level. Maybe in some city councils. Those hyper focused, circumstantial alliances to pass one initiative are more hypothetical than real, I feel. In most western countries, it's about building a coalition government and mandate-long stable majorities anyway and that involves some more intricate deals and concessions.

Israel and Belgium would perhaps be relevant here ? For all the horseshoe talk, examples of actual brown-red alliances in modern politics are pretty rare.
ὕβρις

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon

Oblivion

« Reply #4954 on: June 26, 2020, 04:55:04 PM »
trouble in IDW paradise?

https://twitter.com/ClipsDave/status/1276563243582906368

the best that his pal, eric weinstein said about his new book was that he didn't read it, but thinks it's probably good

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #4955 on: June 26, 2020, 05:35:20 PM »
Maybe Joe just wants to BBQ and talk UFC. Wank daddying can get tiresome. Let him flip some burgers in peace.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4956 on: June 26, 2020, 05:44:38 PM »
trouble in IDW paradise?

the best that his pal, eric weinstein said about his new book was that he didn't read it, but thinks it's probably good

I'm not finding the source but Michael Brooks joked that Glenn Beck said to Dave Rubin's face that he doesn't watch his show or read his latest book either. :lol

But Rubin is apparently pretty content being made into a giant wank dad by all his mentors, his whole career is holding more and more Ls pretending he's not surrounded and pandering to a bunch of homophobes.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4957 on: June 26, 2020, 06:26:42 PM »
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1276596698366849027

But it's also ANTIFA FIFTH COLUMN CULTURAL REVOLUTION BATTLE FOR THE SOUL OF MERICA.
 :whatsthedeal
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4958 on: June 26, 2020, 06:37:09 PM »
When you look outside you can't see what's going on underground in the Clinton Foundation though.
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4959 on: June 26, 2020, 07:02:57 PM »
trouble in IDW paradise?

https://twitter.com/ololo666/status/1276579293162856449

Oblivion

« Reply #4960 on: June 26, 2020, 08:29:55 PM »
It seems like it'd be very tiring to have to talk about that boring shit all the time

spoken like someone who's too uncultured to appreciate Enlightenment values :snob

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #4961 on: June 26, 2020, 08:44:48 PM »

Every time Glenn talks about this his example is always something like Bernie cosponsoring a bill with some Republican which is fine obviously but it's a pretty far cry from a real left/right coalition (which can't even happen in the American party system) or some sustained coordinated effort by left- and right-wing groups. I didn't listen to this because I can't stand listening to Nathan Robinson for a sustained period (thank you for your service Stost) so I don't know if this still holds true but for Glenn it mostly seems like a way to own the libs and justify his own appearances on Tucker and not something he's really put much thought into fleshing out. Although writing this I guess he probably sees himself appearing on Tucker as left/right coalition building.

shosta

« Reply #4962 on: June 26, 2020, 08:48:03 PM »
I thought I didn't like Nathan but I genuinely enjoyed listening to him go from polite disagreement to wtf-are-you-talking-about incredulousness :lol

he is a forums poster at heart
每天生气

Oblivion

« Reply #4963 on: June 26, 2020, 09:03:58 PM »
what problems do people have with nathan aside from his fashion sense and maybe his voice?

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #4964 on: June 26, 2020, 09:04:58 PM »
Bad opinions on architecture (the worst crime)

shosta

« Reply #4965 on: June 26, 2020, 09:10:52 PM »
what problems do people have with nathan aside from his fashion sense and maybe his voice?
do I need other reasons
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4966 on: June 26, 2020, 09:21:32 PM »
what problem do people have with filler besides hist posts and his likes  :trumps

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #4967 on: June 26, 2020, 09:23:27 PM »
when you think a post is going to get no likes but filler comes through :whew

Oblivion

« Reply #4968 on: June 26, 2020, 09:49:33 PM »
also i like how everyone ignored the fact that i listened to the nathan/greenwald before shosta yet received no appreciation

this must be how hegel felt  :doge

Oblivion

« Reply #4969 on: June 26, 2020, 09:58:22 PM »
I'm now going to give shasta a like out of spite against your bitchassness

so this must be how nelson mandela felt  :doge
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 10:03:29 PM by Oblivion »

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #4970 on: June 26, 2020, 10:11:30 PM »
thats basically it. he’s just a massive dork.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #4971 on: June 26, 2020, 10:20:22 PM »
also i like how everyone ignored the fact that i listened to the nathan/greenwald before shosta yet received no appreciation

this must be how hegel felt  :doge

Yes but shosta wrote a book report so we didn't have to listen to it so he gets the gold star

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Oblivion

« Reply #4973 on: June 26, 2020, 10:38:45 PM »
when you think a post is going to get no likes but filler comes through :whew

thank GOD :rejoice

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #4974 on: June 26, 2020, 10:42:00 PM »
Jack says he’s going to press charges.

How much lead is in Seattle water? Could it be considered a deadly weapon?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4975 on: June 26, 2020, 10:59:22 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #4977 on: June 27, 2020, 08:23:14 PM »
I'm sure when Malala Yousafzai was shot on the school bus, she thought she had no idea what she was saying.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #4978 on: June 28, 2020, 07:17:31 PM »
lol, wokeism. it's just a continuation of the same thing (pc culture) conservatives and culture critics (zizek et al) have been complaining about for decades.
◕‿◕

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #4979 on: June 28, 2020, 07:25:49 PM »
i know it's quite different to "pc culture", but in this context the complaints seem analagous to the way the same people would complain about pc culture ruining society and (extremely incorrectly) noting how it's a western anomaly  ::)

like pointing out and normalising that many countries have marginalised groups with even less rights, being more persecuted than their western counterparts is smart or productive.
◕‿◕