Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1299067 times)

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - No Toast
« Reply #5340 on: June 18, 2014, 10:19:54 AM »

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #5341 on: June 19, 2014, 08:04:32 PM »
i'm reading a manga called "apocalypse zero" it's like a weird mashup of kill la kill and hokuto no ken, after the apocalypse happened, the world is now a nuclear wasteland and the only things remaining are japanese schools and giant monster called tactical fiends, kakugo hakakure is a student but of course he's not a normal student! he knows a weird martial art that let him turns his body into steel and he has an armored suit fueled by the vengeful ghosts of people sacrificed in the same horrible freak accident that created the monsters

so he now wanders the land, defeating all of the monsters and trying to stop their leader, who is also his brother, who also has another magical ghost suit and.. yeah i think i just described pretty much your standard fighting manga, so what makes this one stand out? the art is really fucking weird and dare to say most of the time pretty gross to look at with monsters having huge eyes, deformed body parts (most of the time focusing on the naughty bits) and appendice's that seems to grow from fucking everywhere

spoiler (click to show/hide)

this page here looks like something that they would slap on top of a metal album :lol

giving a new meaning to the term "trouser snake"

[close]

« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 08:07:40 PM by magus »
<----

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5342 on: June 19, 2014, 08:41:29 PM »
There's a two-part OVA based on that series, by the way.
dog

« Reply #5343 on: June 19, 2014, 11:36:37 PM »
that double mace serpent dick is quite something.

also, that chaika show turned out to be pretty dope.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5344 on: June 19, 2014, 11:45:00 PM »

Go marathon Ping Pong, guys. It's got great writing, great direction, great soundtrack, great artistry, some of the best you're going to get in animation. Don't let the fact that it's technically a sports anime turn you off from it. If you watch one series this whole year, make it this one.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 11:47:02 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5345 on: June 21, 2014, 04:43:47 PM »
New manga adaption coming up:

The twist is that the five girls are survivors of a zombie apocalypse that has killed everyone else and they're now living in the school while trying to maintain some normalcy in their lives despite the world around them falling into total ruin. It's actually SUPER DEPRESSING.
[close]
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5346 on: June 21, 2014, 04:53:02 PM »
Sounds super-kawaii :uguu
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5347 on: June 23, 2014, 02:29:57 PM »
I was just reminded I didnt finish reading Ga Rei Zero

helios

« Reply #5348 on: June 23, 2014, 11:46:30 PM »
StarDust Crusaders is getting a dub

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/06/23-1/crunchyroll-to-stream-english-dub-of-jojos-bizarre-adventure-stardust-crusaders

Matthew Mercer as JoJo

Richard Epcar as Joseph Joestar

Patrick Seitz as DIO

Don't know why they are starting with Stardust.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 12:42:58 AM by helios »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5349 on: June 24, 2014, 12:43:14 AM »

Cuz it's the more popular.
©@©™

helios

« Reply #5350 on: June 24, 2014, 01:13:20 AM »
 :-\ But Battle Tendency tho  :-\

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
Boo

Beezy

« Reply #5352 on: June 24, 2014, 08:45:58 AM »
GUNDAM EUREKA SEVEN! :lawd

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5353 on: June 24, 2014, 08:52:37 AM »

Cuz it's the more popular.
:-\ But Battle Tendency tho  :-\

Yeah, that's weird.  You might say...bizarre:cody

They should start from the beginning and do the whole thing.  Put that shit on Adult Swim (if possible).
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #5354 on: June 24, 2014, 02:25:47 PM »
So I've pretty much bailed on anime these past few years and I realized that I'd watch a hell of a lot more anime series if I could watch them on a tablet in bed.  But for playing most fansubs streamed from my desktop in the latest 10-bit h264 mkv format in 1080p...it seems like tablets have serious problems with this.  I know my ipad2 is too weak to do it as I tried the couple of apps and it was just too choppy.

Is anyone doing this and can recommend a modern tablet I can buy that will let me stream my anime folder from my desktop and watch smoothly in my bed at night?  I'm down to pay good money for a tablet that would let me do that.  All I end up doing is web browsing at light night because I'm too tired to get out of bed.  Would be nice to blow through some good anime shows.

helios

« Reply #5355 on: June 24, 2014, 03:46:45 PM »
Hunter x Hunter 135

Tears x Feels

:fbm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5356 on: June 24, 2014, 07:13:21 PM »
So I've pretty much bailed on anime these past few years and I realized that I'd watch a hell of a lot more anime series if I could watch them on a tablet in bed.  But for playing most fansubs streamed from my desktop in the latest 10-bit h264 mkv format in 1080p...it seems like tablets have serious problems with this.  I know my ipad2 is too weak to do it as I tried the couple of apps and it was just too choppy.

Is anyone doing this and can recommend a modern tablet I can buy that will let me stream my anime folder from my desktop and watch smoothly in my bed at night?  I'm down to pay good money for a tablet that would let me do that.  All I end up doing is web browsing at light night because I'm too tired to get out of bed.  Would be nice to blow through some good anime shows.

I have a couple of suggestions for you.  I'm not sure how the iPad 2 holds up for this, but it's worth a try if you haven't tried these apps:

-AVPlayer does stream, IIRC, but I use it play videos I put on my iPhone 5 locally.  You can just drag and drop stuff to the app from iTunes and they queue up quick.
-Air Video is an amazing video streaming device.  You download it on your phone/tablet and PC, set whatever folder(s) you want to stream from, and then can stream flawlessly and quickly from your home network.  You can even do on-the-fly encoding for .MKV files.  If your network is strong enough, video will play pretty much lag-free. 
-For both of these, try playing 720P videos.  There's no reason to bother with 1080P on screens that small anyway.  Since you mention .mkv, that means you're downloading shit anyway, so just get stuff from Deadfish.  They convert almost all new releases to .MP4 formats, ready for play on pretty much everything.  You might be able to watch this stuff flawlessly on your iPad 2.
-Deadfish encodes also play perfectly on Vita.

I also have a Win 8.1 tablet (ASUS T100).  This thing is powerful enough to stream everything at 1080P.  Ditto for local video playback.  It's only around $400 and works great.  Eel has one too.  New models even come with a 500 GB HDD in the keyboard dock.  Detached from the keyboard, the tablet is light enough to use in bed for streaming. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:17:55 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #5357 on: June 24, 2014, 08:12:05 PM »
Hunter x Hunter 135

Tears x Feels

:fbm

"Are you still there?"

:gloomy

Bebpo

« Reply #5358 on: June 24, 2014, 08:22:12 PM »
I also have a Win 8.1 tablet (ASUS T100).  This thing is powerful enough to stream everything at 1080P.  Ditto for local video playback.  It's only around $400 and works great.  Eel has one too.  New models even come with a 500 GB HDD in the keyboard dock.  Detached from the keyboard, the tablet is light enough to use in bed for streaming.

I saw some stuff saying the T100 can't natively play MKVs and stuff.  If you want to play locally, do you just use MPC or VLC or something?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5359 on: June 24, 2014, 10:06:48 PM »

I saw some stuff saying the T100 can't natively play MKVs and stuff. 

What?   :lol    Maybe you were looking at the Android OS version or something.

If you want to play locally, do you just use MPC or VLC or something?

Yeah dude.  It's a full-on Windows PC in tablet form.  Boots up in seconds.  You just download codec packs if needed. Everything will play on it.   :)  It's even surprisingly good for light gaming...install Steam and go.  I play SSF4 Arcade Edition on mine, for example:

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 10:15:03 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #5360 on: June 24, 2014, 10:30:06 PM »
Can you use an X360 controller for gaming on it?

Also, how does the display compare to other screens?  I saw some reviews that said it wasn't as bright or colorful.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5361 on: June 24, 2014, 10:58:43 PM »

Of course!  Again- it's a full-on Windows PC.    

While I wait for my new laptop to come sometime next week, I'm using mine as my primary PC-- have it hooked up to my monitor via micro HDMI and have a keyboard, mouse, and two external hard drives plugged into it.

Also, how does the display compare to other screens?  I saw some reviews that said it wasn't as bright or colorful.

It's not going to be top of the line at that budget price, but it's a good 1366x678 (720P) screen that you're not going to have any quips with unless you matched it up right up against something else.  There's not much to complain about for the price, really.  Especially considering that the T100 comes with a full-on keyboard/touchpad-- not a weird rubbery thing, an actual fuckin' KEYBOARD.  And again, newer models even get you that 500GB of extra storage in the keyboard dock.  If I had that, mine would be loaded up with tons and tons of media and games.

Here's a thread Eel made where he tested various games on it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 11:03:25 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

« Reply #5362 on: June 25, 2014, 03:21:39 AM »
re: Hunter x Hunter 135

:bow Togashi :bow2

Shit was beautiful. :tocry

Tasty

« Reply #5363 on: June 25, 2014, 09:42:12 AM »
re: Hunter x Hunter 135

:bow Togashi :bow2

Shit was beautiful. :tocry

You can smile again :tocry

helios

« Reply #5364 on: June 25, 2014, 09:48:10 AM »
Are you still there?

:tocry

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

magus

• LIKES FF7
Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - A whole year of Jojo and an alien teacher
« Reply #5366 on: June 25, 2014, 06:01:40 PM »
Assassination Classroom anime incoming:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-25/persona-4-seiji-kishi-helms-assassination-classroom-anime-at-lerche/.75928

i've read a few chapter and tought it was decent but since it was a relatively new manga there were very few chapters out and i quickly forgot about it

the plot goes like this, a yellow alien called koro-sensei has declared that he will destroy the earth in 1 year (and has destroyed the moon, no less to show that's he capable of such a feat) but to make things fair for planet earth he decided that he will be the teacher in a school and for the whole year preceding earth destruction, the student in his class can attempt to kill him and the one that does it will win a huge sum of money

that said it's pretty much your typical high school manga including, there is one character that acts like an asshole because he was expelled from the school after a teacher framed him, BUT THEN THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP MAKES HIM GOOD AGAIN! BOO-YA!

luckily koro sensei is hilarious and turns what would be a tripe manga into something worth a look, basicaly imagine if super man had the whole world by the balls so he used that to fool around like an idiot while trying to impart life lesson and you pretty much have koro sensei

<----

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5367 on: June 25, 2014, 06:46:25 PM »
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-23/gundam-reconguista-in-g-2nd-video-story-cast-staff-designs-unveiled/.75835

love me some kenichi yoshida

I dunno; there's not much inspired in the Gundam designs. I know they can only push so far before people get weird about it, but I like to see some more variation. I even liked Syd Mead's Turn A stuff. This time, I like the humans and the Montero, but the actual Gundam stuff... Hm.

« Reply #5368 on: June 25, 2014, 07:18:46 PM »
No Game No Life ending today. :fbm

At least it went out on a high note.

Bebpo

« Reply #5369 on: June 25, 2014, 09:10:26 PM »
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-23/gundam-reconguista-in-g-2nd-video-story-cast-staff-designs-unveiled/.75835

love me some kenichi yoshida

I dunno; there's not much inspired in the Gundam designs. I know they can only push so far before people get weird about it, but I like to see some more variation. I even liked Syd Mead's Turn A stuff. This time, I like the humans and the Montero, but the actual Gundam stuff... Hm.

Probably look better in motion and maybe some upgrades.  I like the colors, not sure about the unit yet.  It still look more interesting than some of the recent Gundam stuff.  Looks kind of bug-like, like a small scale Dunbine style gundam.

Beezy

« Reply #5370 on: June 25, 2014, 10:39:38 PM »
It looks like E7, so the mech scenes should animate like E7 or else what's the point?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5371 on: June 26, 2014, 12:10:36 AM »

Coffin Princess Chaika
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:12:47 AM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5372 on: June 26, 2014, 12:59:43 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Coffin Princess Chaika

"It's okay, I had another guy."
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5373 on: June 26, 2014, 01:41:29 AM »
Fuckers feeling sympathy for the King  :gurl

Toghasi so good he makes you forget how the king butt fucked the human race  :whew

Tasty

« Reply #5374 on: June 26, 2014, 02:16:12 AM »
I was sad, but seriously, fuck the ants. The whole morality play "b-b-b-ut humans ARE WORSE we made a bomb and stuff" doesn't even compare to the sheer viciousness the ants displayed early in the arc.

« Reply #5375 on: June 26, 2014, 04:22:48 AM »
Yeah, seeing Ponzu and Pokkle brutally murdered bummed me out so much.

As for Chaika, chibi Fredrica had me rolling. Before the episode aired, I thought she was gone for good, and that they would make a ~daring escape~ by jumping from ship to ship. The new Chaika was so fucking obvious in hindsight too, btw.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 04:27:57 AM by doctavius bonbon »

hampster

« Reply #5376 on: June 26, 2014, 01:36:32 PM »
Next week is the last episode of Yowamushi Pedal. Its only the end of day two in the three day interhigh and the manga isn't translated. What am I going to do brehs :stahp

Also, shouldn't Momo have his seasonal preview thread up? Is anything coming that can fill the hole left in my heart ???
Zzz

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #5377 on: June 26, 2014, 01:43:13 PM »
i usualy use this blog to see what they do for the season

http://randomc.net/2014/06/18/summer-2014-preview/
<----

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5378 on: June 26, 2014, 01:52:28 PM »
Next week is the last episode of Yowamushi Pedal. Its only the end of day two in the three day interhigh and the manga isn't translated. What am I going to do brehs :stahp

Also, shouldn't Momo have his seasonal preview thread up? Is anything coming that can fill the hole left in my heart ???
I thought I'd give Great Rumbler a chance this time (and yes there is some good stuff coming) (Tokyo Ghouls should be good)

I dropped Pedal because the lead guy is too shonen tropey :/

Go here : http://hummingbird.me/anime/upcoming , I'll let GR make a thread tho

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5379 on: June 26, 2014, 01:53:19 PM »
We don't need a new thread. Just use this one and I'll tell you guys what to watch.
dog

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5380 on: June 26, 2014, 01:55:55 PM »
I disagree

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #5381 on: June 26, 2014, 02:01:19 PM »
looking at that list i see they are doing season 2 of strange+, i watched the first season and it was quite dumb,it's a bunch of shorts (3 minutes episode) about the pretty non-sensical adventure of 4 private detective (one of which is a guy that looks like a girl leading to a lot of "fanservice done wrong" jokes)

here's a scene where the detective have to decide through which door to go but find out that behind every door there is a butt on a spring
<----

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5382 on: June 26, 2014, 02:16:00 PM »
yeah that show was weird, watched 2 eps and well, that was it.

looking forward to Arise most of everything

helios

« Reply #5383 on: June 26, 2014, 10:53:45 PM »

Junpei the Tracer!

Boo

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5385 on: June 27, 2014, 08:52:47 AM »
But has Netflix added a single episode of the first season to their service yet? NOPE
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5386 on: June 27, 2014, 09:18:15 AM »
I disagree

I don't.  We don't need another general anime thread.
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5387 on: June 27, 2014, 11:34:42 AM »
We dont, but that was never the purpose of the other thread.

I'm not going to argue with you guys over this I literally cannot care anymore, I already discussed most of these animes off site.

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #5388 on: June 27, 2014, 02:25:15 PM »
W-why don't you discuss them with us Momo? We're nice and interesting too.
Boo

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5389 on: June 27, 2014, 05:50:56 PM »
Momo's so tsundere for our cocku.
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #5390 on: June 27, 2014, 06:49:57 PM »

Of course!  Again- it's a full-on Windows PC.    

While I wait for my new laptop to come sometime next week, I'm using mine as my primary PC-- have it hooked up to my monitor via micro HDMI and have a keyboard, mouse, and two external hard drives plugged into it.

It's not going to be top of the line at that budget price, but it's a good 1366x678 (720P) screen that you're not going to have any quips with unless you matched it up right up against something else.  There's not much to complain about for the price, really.  Especially considering that the T100 comes with a full-on keyboard/touchpad-- not a weird rubbery thing, an actual fuckin' KEYBOARD.  And again, newer models even get you that 500GB of extra storage in the keyboard dock.  If I had that, mine would be loaded up with tons and tons of media and games.

Here's a thread Eel made where he tested various games on it.

Ok, I'm going to go with the Asus T100 after a lot of research.  Not sure what to do about storage though:

1) Go with 64gb on tablet, no extra storage.  Gives me about 30gb free, can transfer stuff through USB from my desktop to tablet and watch anime/movies in bed or on the go.

2) Go with 32gb on tablet + 500gb in dock.  Gives about 15gb free, can transfer tons of stuff through USB from my desktop to dock, but every time will have to move something over to tablet from dock, watch, move back to dock to constantly make room.  Also can't install much with that 15gb free.  But can buy a 64gb Micro SD card to always keep in it and then tablet has ~75gbs to play with and 500gb in dock.

#1 actually seems the most hassle free and actually about $20 cheaper.  #2 has the helpfulness of being able to like, keep multiple series on dock and just transfer on whatever I want to watch without getting up.

What would you recommend?  64gb is like $363, 32gb + 500gb storage is $380.

Hopefully this will get me back into anime.  I usually spend about an hour at night in bed winding down and mainly just play 3DS or watch Netflix on my ipad2.  There's a lot of 2012/2013 shows I want to catch up on like Space Dandy, Valvrave and Gundam Build Fighters.

Bebpo

« Reply #5391 on: June 28, 2014, 09:24:52 PM »
Lyte, after a lot of research on tablets for anime watching ended up ordering a 64gb T100 + 500gb dock for like $460.  Was tempted to get the Dell Pro 11 for the brighter 1080p screen, but it's basically $200 more, bigger and heavier and I'm mainly going to be watching stuff in the dark where I want comfort and anime is a format that scales really well so 720p vs 1080p doesn't make much of a difference.

Looking forward to it!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5392 on: June 29, 2014, 12:14:17 AM »
We dont, but that was never the purpose of the other thread.

I'm not going to argue with you guys over this I literally cannot care anymore, I already discussed most of these animes off site.

What an oddly overly-emotional response to something so insignificant.  Just talk about the new shit in this thread...what is the problem?   ???
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5393 on: June 29, 2014, 12:18:10 AM »
Lyte, after a lot of research on tablets for anime watching ended up ordering a 64gb T100 + 500gb dock for like $460.  Was tempted to get the Dell Pro 11 for the brighter 1080p screen, but it's basically $200 more, bigger and heavier and I'm mainly going to be watching stuff in the dark where I want comfort and anime is a format that scales really well so 720p vs 1080p doesn't make much of a difference.

Looking forward to it!

That was the right choice- 32GB wouldn't have given you enough space on the tablet, sans-dock (remember that Windows takes up space so you're left with very little on a 32GB model) and there's no reason to spend more than $400-$500 for one of these things.  You'll have plenty of free space to load it up with media and you can add more space with a micro SD card too.

Most of the time I don't bother with 1080P stuff for anything I download.  It's just larger file sizes and the difference between 720P and 1080P for anime/TV/movies is barely ever noticeable to me.  With games it's a different story.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5394 on: June 29, 2014, 09:29:43 AM »
dog

Tasty

« Reply #5395 on: June 29, 2014, 01:04:22 PM »
Looking good.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #5396 on: June 30, 2014, 03:27:05 PM »
some random stuff i've readed

Ajin

in the year... 20something the world has discovered special entities known as ajins,ajins are exactly like normal human except that they can't die, one happy day the MC die's in a car accident... and soon discover he can't die, thus begin a manhunt for the MC as ajins are rare as fuck and the government use them for freak experiments, meanwhile another group of ajins tries to convince the MC to join their terrorist ajin groups but the MC personality tethers quite closely between saint that doesn't want to hurt anybody and fucking psychopath who doesn't think twice about the value of human lives which make for "will he or won't he?" moment

Sakamoto desu ga?

Sakamoto is a student in your generic school but the thing is that he's perfect, he isn't a mary sue, he has trascended the mary sue, he flies, he sparkles, every woman wants him and every guy is jealous of him, this lead to a lot of comedy situation as the other more normal student want a piece of him but get caught in his exagerated perfection

Devilman

i love oldass manga so i was quite surprised when i realized i never actualy read something from go nagai, this one shouldn't need much introduction, devils are bad, guy turns into good devil to fight bad devil, guy has a lot of very punchy fight with other devils, there is a surprising amount of blood considering the somewhat kid friendly image i have of mazinger

<----

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5397 on: June 30, 2014, 03:41:34 PM »
Go Nagai has done some kid-friendly stuff before, but he's also a big-time perv.
dog

Tasty

« Reply #5398 on: June 30, 2014, 04:26:03 PM »

:tocry

1. Animation = great, much better than I feared
2. Opening = really cool, but no Moonlight Densetsu makes me a sad panda
3. Her voice = super, super, super annoying
4. CG = meh, decent bordering on noticeably bad
5. (Ostensibly non-Japanese) audience member shouting "SUGOI!!!!!" multiple times = :picard
[close]

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #5399 on: June 30, 2014, 05:28:00 PM »
 :lol at the people yelling sugoi. I liked when everyone got so hyped when the sakuga in OP and transformation sequence started. Looks nice.
Boo