Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1795663 times)

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Oh, nevermind. They are only in east Indiana and all over northern Ohio.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Never heard of it
fat

ToxicAdam

Weird, there is only one in Toledo. It's on Heatherdowns.

etiolate

There use to be a Chicagonection chain here. They put all their topping underneath the cheese. Pretty good though.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
What's Toledo?
AMC

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Weird, there is only one in Toledo. It's on Heatherdowns.

Heatherdowns is a bit of a drive from me. I'm over at Northtowne
fat

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
What's Toledo?

Some place with a really shitty zoo.

Powerslave

you know what I also hate? Threads that start out with "______ is gonna get announced/revealed soon" where the first 438 pages are full of anticipation and speculation posts. So you end up not following the thread anymore and after a few days where you rediscover the thread and the revelation has been made already you enter the thread to not only find the OP not updated with the news, but seeing the last 802812 pages with posts that are part of a basically long string of conversation derived from the main subject. Ok thanks.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
[youtube=560,345]oavMtUWDBTM[/youtube]

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
you know what I also hate? Threads that start out with "______ is gonna get announced/revealed soon" where the first 438 pages are full of anticipation and speculation posts. So you end up not following the thread anymore and after a few days where you rediscover the thread and the revelation has been made already you enter the thread to not only find the OP not updated with the news, but seeing the last 802812 pages with posts that are part of a basically long string of conversation derived from the main subject. Ok thanks.

you know, I actually agree with you, Powerslave.  I also find that fucking annoying.
MMA

Powerslave

so what do you do about it? I usually just say to myself 'fuck this shit, I'm not gonna give further attention to this news' to piss them off!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:-\
[close]

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.

Anyone know why this suddenly flared up? I saw it linked on some blog, then on Colbert, then went to a Wilco show a few nights later and this was their intro music...seems so random
___

M3wThr33

My wife gets mad at me when I call that creepy. Apparently it's a song about coming home from war and it's very moving to her.

Mupepe

• Icon
My wife gets mad at me when I call that creepy. Apparently it's a song about coming home from war and it's very moving to her.
you should tell her that her face is creepy for liking it.  that always works with my wife. 

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.

Anyone know why this suddenly flared up? I saw it linked on some blog, then on Colbert, then went to a Wilco show a few nights later and this was their intro music...seems so random
I posted it in this thread on page 108. :pimp

The song is about coming home from war?  ??? I can't make out any words. It's like he forgot the words and is just humming.
©ZH

Rman

People actually eat their own boogers into adulthood and admit on the Internet?  It never even crossed my mind as a kid, as they always grossed me out.  Common sense tells you if your body is trying expel something, why try to ingest it.  Trust nature.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=389350

Oh, GAF.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
Kagari's slacking on the FFXIII Official thread.  Somebody make one.  8)

Rman

Sadly, not everyone is a witty as you, dude.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
Sadly, not everyone is a witty as you, dude.

i'm talking about

----
Topic: Final Fantasy XIII Official Thread

Body:
Final Fantasy XIII
Systems: 360, PS3
Release Date: 3/11/10

seems like a cool gaem
-----

Mupepe

• Icon
I've eaten my wife's boogers to gross her out.  It doesn't really taste like anything, but the texture alone makes it disgusting.  She slapped the shit out of me and it was gross.

Rman

I've eaten my wife's boogers to gross her out.  It doesn't really taste like anything, but the texture alone makes it disgusting.  She slapped the shit out of me and it was gross.
Mupepe blazing a trail for future booger fetishists.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

Shes ok with sticking your member in her mouth (WHERE PEE COMES FROM) and drinking your fluids (ALSO WHERE PEE COMES FROM) but when it comes to eating her boogers WOAH NELLY

women are distinguished mentally-challenged fellows
fat

Mupepe

• Icon
but dicks turn people on.  boogers don't.  dicks serve purposes other than their gross functions.  boogers don't.

pee is sterile anyways right?  plus, i want her to pee on me.  i've told her a bunch.  that'd be hot.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Powerslave

but dicks turn people on.  boogers don't.  dicks serve purposes other than their gross functions.  boogers don't.

pee is sterile anyways right?  plus, i want her to pee on me.  i've told her a bunch.  that'd be hot.

niiiiiiiice

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
jon

Mupepe

• Icon

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
zzz

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
If anyone uses Digsby, I just made this emote pack from bore emoticons and some random ones me and slime used back on MSN

Just put the folder in /digsby/res/emoticons with the other folders and restart digsby

It's only like 30 or so icons, but its easy to add your own - the other person has to have the same file as well, unlike MSN

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QHAABMRO
fat

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Do they work on msn? I have with success used this :teehee smiley many times on msn.
Drunk

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
they are GIF files inside so sure you could use them on MSN if they fit the restriction limits (i think MSN is 48x48 ?)
fat

OptimoPeach

I've already been using the :bow :bow2 and :piss :piss2 on MSN

What's Digsby? Is that like the new Trillian?
hi5

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I guess, it doesnt support IRC though. You can use it to keep track of other shit like twitter, linkedin, facebook, gmail, yahoo mail, etc etc
fat

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=389414

HAHA LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE WAS FOOLED, BUT IT WAS NOT ME BECAUSE I AM AWARE OF FAKE TAG

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
that destructioid article almost reads like a drinky post
萌え~

M3wThr33

The song is about coming home from war?  ??? I can't make out any words. It's like he forgot the words and is just humming.

Yeah, it's about the body language and mood and shit. Their culture understands it better.

HAHA LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE WAS FOOLED, BUT IT WAS NOT ME BECAUSE I AM AWARE OF FAKE TAG
Why is he never actually banned? I mean, he has to be on some mod's shitlist.

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
うぐう

ToxicAdam

Here's a video of that trainer getting killed by the killer whale. Nothing graphic, he just bats her around like a play toy.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=06b_1267765340

Himu

Here's a video of that trainer getting killed by the killer whale. Nothing graphic, he just bats her around like a play toy.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=06b_1267765340

Uhhh damn that was no accident.

Also, her death was completely unnecessary. It took them a minute to get help.
IYKYK

ToxicAdam

That's what I thought. Shouldn't they have some heavy tranqs near these animals?

Himu

If they helped her get out earlier she would have lived.
IYKYK

Himu

Hey toxic, comments in the article say that this isn't Dawn and this happened in 2009.

So this didn't result in a death and he was DETERMINED TO KILL HER and they didn't learn from this and keep tranqs near the pool just in case?
IYKYK

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive

Yeah, it's about the body language and mood and shit. Their culture understands it better.

Why is he never actually banned? I mean, he has to be on some mod's shitlist.

look at that thread.  look at the topic.  that's why he's never banned.  you don't ban that.

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
Prole threads are always great because they also out the humorless newfags. Shitheads like this dude:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20132529&postcount=227
うぐう

OptimoPeach

lmao. Fucking Drinky and his long history of Sony trolling
hi5

Veidt

It always blows my mind how some people are sympathetic, nay fanatic,  towards a corporation with more money than they can ever imagine, which would also exploit them every single chance it'd get. :lol

ToxicAdam

Hey toxic, comments in the article say that this isn't Dawn and this happened in 2009.

So this didn't result in a death and he was DETERMINED TO KILL HER and they didn't learn from this and keep tranqs near the pool just in case?

Oh, oops.

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
Here's a question, I've popped over to GAF twice recently to check out the buy/sell thread, and both times I go hit with that Renos virus (the one that was wreaking havoc a bit back where a window pops up sying yu're infected, buy our virus scanner crap) when the Google ads try to show up.

This happening to anyone else? I know most many guys on here use firefox/adblock/noscript etc., but I'm just curious if this is a widespread issue.
fek

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
it's just popping up when you click that thread?
sup

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
The first time, it was that thread, the second, I clicked on another thread that caught my eye on the front page.
fek

Robo

[youtube=560,345]qybUFnY7Y8w[/youtube]

via wikipedia:

The video's inspiration was from the band, who wanted "a giant machine that we dance with", a long-term aspiration of the band. They sought help from creative minds at a "Mindshare LA" gathering, hosted by Syyn Labs. From this pool of talent, about 55 to 60 people from Syyn Labs (including some that had worked on the NASA Mars Exploration Rover program) and MIT Media Lab helped to design and construct the machine. Damien Kulush's father also participated in the machine's construction. The team had to work on a limited budget, using recycled trash for many of the props in the device. The team avoided the use of "magic"—automated devices like computers or motors—and instead focused on purely physical devices. The warehouse where filming took place was in Echo Park, California, and was secured by Syyn Labs in November 2009. The construction took over a month and a half during January and February 2010. The band members helped in the last two weeks of construction. Once the machine was completed, the filming, using a single Steadicam, took two days to complete on February 11 and 12, with an estimated 60 takes for the machine to properly function; many of the takes ended only 30 seconds into the process, where a tire would fail to roll properly into the next section of the machine. Syyn Labs had a group of 30 people to help reset the machine after each failed take, a process that took upwards of an hour.

Several elements of the machine had to be properly adjusted to match the timing for the song. Smaller objects like dominoes were found to be the trickiest to set, as their patterns would be less predictable than larger and bulkier objects, which are more predominant in the later parts of the machine. Furthermore, the time of day and temperature would play a big factor in how some small components would behave, forcing the team to readjust the timing. Ball tracks and other features had to be wiped clear of dust and debris to prevent slowing down rolling objects. A carved wooden ball track shown early in the video was created to have motions timed to the music, but required a low inclined angle that would often cause the balls to skip out of the tracks. Kulash noted that their largest "nightmare" for the machine was a set of mousetraps, triggered to release a display of colored flags; they were found to be overly sensitive to earlier actions of the machine, such as the dropping of a piano, and redesign and padding was needed to be used to prevent the traps from being set off.  The timing had to take in account the movements of both the band members and the cameraman; Damien Kulash estimated that though the machine was able to complete its opening at least three times, these shots were botched, because either the band members or the cameraman had fallen behind the action of the machine.
obo

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
The first time, it was that thread, the second, I clicked on another thread that caught my eye on the front page.

I'd run Spybot S&D just to be safe. I had some of that crap on my system a while back, and Spybot took care of it.
©@©™

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR

I'd run Spybot S&D just to be safe. I had some of that crap on my system a while back, and Spybot took care of it.

Yeah, should have mentioned I've done all that. The antivirus program running also catches it every time, so it's not a huge concern, it just struck me as odd when it happened a second time a day later. Must just be an infected Google ad.

That said, I'm on there now, and it seems to be ok.
fek

cool breeze

[youtube=560,345]qybUFnY7Y8w[/youtube]

via wikipedia:

The video's inspiration was from the band, who wanted "a giant machine that we dance with", a long-term aspiration of the band. They sought help from creative minds at a "Mindshare LA" gathering, hosted by Syyn Labs. From this pool of talent, about 55 to 60 people from Syyn Labs (including some that had worked on the NASA Mars Exploration Rover program) and MIT Media Lab helped to design and construct the machine. Damien Kulush's father also participated in the machine's construction. The team had to work on a limited budget, using recycled trash for many of the props in the device. The team avoided the use of "magic"—automated devices like computers or motors—and instead focused on purely physical devices. The warehouse where filming took place was in Echo Park, California, and was secured by Syyn Labs in November 2009. The construction took over a month and a half during January and February 2010. The band members helped in the last two weeks of construction. Once the machine was completed, the filming, using a single Steadicam, took two days to complete on February 11 and 12, with an estimated 60 takes for the machine to properly function; many of the takes ended only 30 seconds into the process, where a tire would fail to roll properly into the next section of the machine. Syyn Labs had a group of 30 people to help reset the machine after each failed take, a process that took upwards of an hour.

Several elements of the machine had to be properly adjusted to match the timing for the song. Smaller objects like dominoes were found to be the trickiest to set, as their patterns would be less predictable than larger and bulkier objects, which are more predominant in the later parts of the machine. Furthermore, the time of day and temperature would play a big factor in how some small components would behave, forcing the team to readjust the timing. Ball tracks and other features had to be wiped clear of dust and debris to prevent slowing down rolling objects. A carved wooden ball track shown early in the video was created to have motions timed to the music, but required a low inclined angle that would often cause the balls to skip out of the tracks. Kulash noted that their largest "nightmare" for the machine was a set of mousetraps, triggered to release a display of colored flags; they were found to be overly sensitive to earlier actions of the machine, such as the dropping of a piano, and redesign and padding was needed to be used to prevent the traps from being set off.  The timing had to take in account the movements of both the band members and the cameraman; Damien Kulash estimated that though the machine was able to complete its opening at least three times, these shots were botched, because either the band members or the cameraman had fallen behind the action of the machine.

that was impressive

OptimoPeach

I wonder how many TVs they had to break
hi5

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
jon

Robo

Shoulda been MGS4.
obo

magus

• LIKES FF7
lots of butthurt metal geartards

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=389423

i raise you with the returns of the scribbletards! :smug
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=389457
oh what other missions could their awesome mind create? bring a carrot to a rabbit? bring a pet to his owner? the possibility are endless!

<----