Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1837225 times)

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #23520 on: July 01, 2022, 11:07:15 AM »
Quote from: Google
The "fractal burning" technique creates lightning-like etchings by using jumper cables and disassembled microwave oven parts to run high-voltage electricity through a piece of wood soaked in a chemical solution.

:whoo If you don't know what you are doing, screwing around with the insides of a microwave is a good way to get zapped.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 11:20:47 AM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #23523 on: July 01, 2022, 12:25:38 PM »
Seems pretty dumb of Schreier to randomly speculate that this was because of Roe v Wade.

The devs were already harassed because there was no announcement (one that Schreier teased) and now they'll probably get some angry anti abortionists as well

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #23524 on: July 01, 2022, 12:38:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i%E2%80%99m-at-the-hospital-being-evaluated-for-meningitis.602871/#post-89363781

Quote from: Nothing Loud
I’m scared :( I’ve had worsening neck pain for about 1.5 weeks now, today I woke up with headaches when I cough or stand up and intense neck pain worse than ever. My doctor gave me oral antibiotics for what we thought was a lingering strep infection causing me fevers the last week, but the neck pain has persisted and I’ve had “fever-ish” nights where I feel awful combined with neck pain.

Doctor told me to go to the ER so now I’m waiting, probably will have to get a lumbar puncture which I hear is the worst. I’m scared of it being meningitis…at least they know what to do but I’m worried that I waited so long to go to the ER. My husband wanted me to use telehealth and my PCP as much as possible before I come here (which I did end up doing), so it’s been 1.5 weeks since these automatons started, but I feel like I should have listened to my body and come a lot sooner.

Fuck I don’t have time for this :( but I also don’t want to die so I guess I gotta figure out if this is meningitis or not asap. Hopefully it’s just muscle spasms.
OBE

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #23525 on: July 01, 2022, 12:41:58 PM »
Seems pretty dumb of Schreier to randomly speculate that this was because of Roe v Wade.

The devs were already harassed because there was no announcement (one that Schreier teased) and now they'll probably get some angry anti abortionists as well

Probably the same people tbh.

Boredfrom

« Reply #23526 on: July 01, 2022, 12:50:12 PM »

He probably doesn’t care. He is such a scumbag that he may did it intentionally just to shit on a perceived slight or genuinely believing it brings awareness.

ShutUp

« Reply #23527 on: July 01, 2022, 01:00:24 PM »
Beyond predictable that the same people who repeatedly engage in talk like “A fucking delay? This is bullshit what are they doing over there give me my game!!!” are suddenly all “I can’t believe how toxic fandoms are these days to developers”.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #23528 on: July 01, 2022, 01:25:38 PM »
Lady donates millions to charity. Ree’s typical response- fuck you not good enough

https://www.resetera.com/threads/‘friends’-creator-donates-4-million-due-to-‘guilt’-and-embarrassment-over-show’s-zero-diversity.602796/

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23529 on: July 01, 2022, 01:41:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-99#post-89350218

Quote from: Crossing Eden
It will never not be insane to me that a man who was caught on tape saying "grab her by the pussy" got elected as president and we are still suffering for it and will be suffering for it for generations to come. Like if there was ever an indication that we need to rethink the entire democracy thing it's the last five years.
"Donald Trump is trying to destroy our democracy!!!! The only way we can defeat him is to destroy our democracy!!!"
 :confused
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23530 on: July 01, 2022, 01:44:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/there%E2%80%99s-not-enough-hours-in-the-day.602241/
Working 5 days a week leaves you with two.

Then those two get so filled up with all the other shit you have to do. Laundry, groceries, walking the dog, shaving your balls, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the toilets and shower, mopping, shitposting on Era, going to the hairdresser, or doctor, or dentist, or vet, all while trying to prepare and eat three meals and exercise.

God forbid someone wants to catch up for a coffee or something.

When am I meant to have time for stuff like video games 😭
And I don’t even have kids yet.

I vote we extend the day to be 30 hours or so. Whoever decided on 24 must have lived in simpler times.

11,000+ posts. I think I've found your problem mate...
Spud

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #23531 on: July 01, 2022, 01:49:39 PM »
Lady donates millions to charity. Ree’s typical response- fuck you not good enough

https://www.resetera.com/threads/‘friends’-creator-donates-4-million-due-to-‘guilt’-and-embarrassment-over-show’s-zero-diversity.602796/

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23532 on: July 01, 2022, 01:51:59 PM »

I guess if a butterfly in the Amazon can cause a typhoon in Japan, then a US Supreme Court decision can theoretically cause a delay to a video game...maybe...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or maybe JShreiker is just a fucking idiot
[close]
Spud

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23533 on: July 01, 2022, 01:52:47 PM »

They act as if she committed a crime. She doesn't actually owe anyone money

benjipwns

« Reply #23535 on: July 01, 2022, 01:56:23 PM »
My headcannon is that they needed to redo something in the trailer and Schreier sent fifty e-mails asking where the trailer is and they said it was because of the Supreme Court.

BisMarckie

« Reply #23536 on: July 01, 2022, 01:56:56 PM »
I am not taking in any yank refugees, that’s for sure. :hmph

benjipwns

« Reply #23537 on: July 01, 2022, 02:00:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-it-hyperbole-to-assume-that-left-leaning-people-in-deep-red-areas-are-in-immediate-danger-if-and-when-us-democracy-fails.602880/
During January 6th, I remember calling my fiancee in a panick that I wanted her home from work immediately, because I didn't know what to do if the mob started executing sitting members of Congress. ... We have 3 kids, from ages 12, 5 and 3. I was mentally prepared to get our things together and run like hell. I live in Southern Georgia
:hmm

BisMarckie

« Reply #23538 on: July 01, 2022, 02:04:55 PM »
DC to Jacksonville is like a two hour flight. benjipwns dismissing concerns again.  ::)

benjipwns

« Reply #23540 on: July 01, 2022, 02:12:34 PM »
DC to Jacksonville is like a two hour flight. benjipwns dismissing concerns again.  ::)
It would be quicker for him to get his family to Nepenthe's armed police abolition safehouse.

benjipwns

« Reply #23541 on: July 01, 2022, 02:14:24 PM »
If you're white, cis, straight and male, you probably have nothing to worry about. Otherwise, it's likely time to make preparations to move to a less hostile area.

It kind of bothers me how a lot of people in here are just dismissing the worries of marginalized communities. Half the country just had their rights to bodily autonomy taken away. The Supreme Court is openly telling LGBT people that they're planning to invalidate our marriages and criminalize loving each other. No, we don't have brownshirts roaming the streets, beating people and smashing up Jewish-owned shops. Yet. The signals are very clear though.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23542 on: July 01, 2022, 02:15:51 PM »
Flashbacks to Lime being terrified of calling a taxi after trump was elected because the driver might be a trumper

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #23543 on: July 01, 2022, 02:16:51 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #23544 on: July 01, 2022, 02:17:29 PM »
Quote from: Thordinson
As much as this forum would like to state otherwise, life in general for progressives (and really, everyone else) is now better that it has ever been. I assume that trend will continue. Irl.
Things are trending worse for the AAPI and LGBTQ+ communities. Not to mention things have become worse for anyone who can give birth.
Fair enough. AAPI violence over say 20-30 years, I'd be interested in seeing statistics. LGBTQ+, I mean c'mon. It wasn't even much of a conversation 30 years ago. For example, gender identity as a known concept may as well have not existed to 99% of folks. Now it is. RvW, we just can't know impact as decision is so recent.
I see some of this point but i don’t think representation would trump actual reactionary violence and increased attacks.

What I think you’re saying though, is that everything in the media about attacks, laws, and slandering by public figures, all of this that has been put out there, is trust amplification of everything that was already there and happened all the time with the same frequency in “olden” times. That none of this is new, or increased, and that laws were already bad, so we in fact shouldn’t worry about it, that just like the bump in crime from something like 2020, all this data is just cherry picked peaks from a long decreasing pattern overall through time. Is this what you mean?
:lol No, that's not what he means, just read what he said rather than what you want him to have said.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23545 on: July 01, 2022, 02:17:38 PM »
I am not taking in any yank refugees, that’s for sure. :hmph
I'll definitely be putting up the "Fuck off, we're full" stickers!
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23546 on: July 01, 2022, 02:19:51 PM »
It would be quicker for him to get his family to Nepenthe's armed police abolition safehouse.
He sounds white though so she would shoot his white kids first
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #23547 on: July 01, 2022, 02:20:27 PM »
Oh, what a surprise, the alt-right fascist is turning away boat people. ::)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23548 on: July 01, 2022, 02:22:56 PM »
Oh, what a surprise, the alt-right fascist is turning away boat people. ::)
Damn straight!

At least the brown boat people bring new and exciting foods here. You yanks would just bring liquid cheese and be a burden on our public health care...
Spud

BikeJesus

« Reply #23549 on: July 01, 2022, 02:23:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i%E2%80%99m-at-the-hospital-being-evaluated-for-meningitis.602871/#post-89363781

Quote from: Nothing Loud
I’m scared :( I’ve had worsening neck pain for about 1.5 weeks now, today I woke up with headaches when I cough or stand up and intense neck pain worse than ever. My doctor gave me oral antibiotics for what we thought was a lingering strep infection causing me fevers the last week, but the neck pain has persisted and I’ve had “fever-ish” nights where I feel awful combined with neck pain.

Doctor told me to go to the ER so now I’m waiting, probably will have to get a lumbar puncture which I hear is the worst. I’m scared of it being meningitis…at least they know what to do but I’m worried that I waited so long to go to the ER. My husband wanted me to use telehealth and my PCP as much as possible before I come here (which I did end up doing), so it’s been 1.5 weeks since these automatons started, but I feel like I should have listened to my body and come a lot sooner.

Fuck I don’t have time for this :( but I also don’t want to die so I guess I gotta figure out if this is meningitis or not asap. Hopefully it’s just muscle spasms.

Enjoy your monkeypox, you disgusting piece of shit.

benjipwns

« Reply #23550 on: July 01, 2022, 02:23:19 PM »
They've always been in immediate danger.
What evidence is there that things are getting better? Better representation in entertainment? Really? Roe V Wade just got over turned, and they are going after gay marriage next, and the Supreme Court is scheduled to over turn democracy next year. How is that comparable? They’re a minority but they’re fucking winning
We're at the stage where they're putting all the rulings into motion to just end shit here. Down that road, life doesn't go on. It goes away.
Watch christofascist Jim Ryan not even delay God of War. :existential

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23551 on: July 01, 2022, 02:29:24 PM »
No hyperbole about it. We’re a few blinks from a christofascist dictatorship. Even the populaces of the blue states are in catastrophic danger, maybe having a year or two more than everyone else.

:dunno

Tuckers Law

« Reply #23552 on: July 01, 2022, 02:32:24 PM »
My headcannon is that they needed to redo something in the trailer and Schreier sent fifty e-mails asking where the trailer is and they said it was because of the Supreme Court.

If I was a game dev and was contacted by schreeier about a delay or allegations, I’d tell him some wild out-there bullshit like alien imposters or government mandroids are the root cause of the problem, and that we had to speak with some time-repair agents from the near future to rectify the situation.  And if he were to even try and publish that information, call out the puffed-up chode putty as being a trashy tabloid reporter so desperate for scoops and relevancy that he was willing to put his name on any obviously made-up idiocy.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23553 on: July 01, 2022, 02:41:17 PM »
Doesn't help that Friends stole its premise from Living Single

"the story of single friends living in the big city" isn't exactly a fucking staggeringly high concept nobody could come up with.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23554 on: July 01, 2022, 02:45:27 PM »

If I was a game dev and was contacted by schreeier about a delay or allegations, I’d tell him some wild out-there bullshit like alien imposters or government mandroids are the root cause of the problem, and that we had to speak with some time-repair agents from the near future to rectify the situation.  And if he were to even try and publish that information, call out the puffed-up chode putty as being a trashy tabloid reporter so desperate for scoops and relevancy that he was willing to put his name on any obviously made-up idiocy.
Good way to out a person leaking info too.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #23555 on: July 01, 2022, 02:47:39 PM »

"the story of single friends living in the big city" isn't exactly a fucking staggeringly high concept nobody could come up with.
So the theory is that they didn't actually have anything planned to pitch, saw Living Single debut in August 1993 and then turned around and pitched the exact same thing with white people instead?
David Crane and Marta Kauffman began developing three new television pilots that would premiere in 1994 after their sitcom Family Album was cancelled by CBS in 1993.[40] Kauffman and Crane decided to pitch the series about "six people in their 20s making their way in Manhattan" to NBC since they thought it would fit best there.[41] Crane and Kauffman presented the idea to their production partner Kevin Bright, who had served as executive producer on their HBO series Dream On.[42] The idea for the series was conceived when Crane and Kauffman began thinking about the time when they had finished college and started living by themselves in New York; Kauffman believed they were looking at a time when the future was "more of a question mark."[39] They found the concept to be interesting, as they believed "everybody knows that feeling",[39] and because it was also how they felt about their own lives at the time.[39] The team titled the series Insomnia Cafe and pitched the idea as a seven-page treatment to NBC in December 1993.[39][41]

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23556 on: July 01, 2022, 02:52:38 PM »

So the theory is that they didn't actually have anything planned to pitch, saw Living Single debut in August 1993 and then turned around and pitched the exact same thing with white people instead?
David Crane and Marta Kauffman began developing three new television pilots that would premiere in 1994 after their sitcom Family Album was cancelled by CBS in 1993.[40] Kauffman and Crane decided to pitch the series about "six people in their 20s making their way in Manhattan" to NBC since they thought it would fit best there.[41] Crane and Kauffman presented the idea to their production partner Kevin Bright, who had served as executive producer on their HBO series Dream On.[42] The idea for the series was conceived when Crane and Kauffman began thinking about the time when they had finished college and started living by themselves in New York; Kauffman believed they were looking at a time when the future was "more of a question mark."[39] They found the concept to be interesting, as they believed "everybody knows that feeling",[39] and because it was also how they felt about their own lives at the time.[39] The team titled the series Insomnia Cafe and pitched the idea as a seven-page treatment to NBC in December 1993.[39][41]

Uhhh, and why exactly am I supposed to believe wiKKKipedia over the bct diversity experts?

Yup. Again having a show based in NYC with lily white cast outside of ‘very special episodes’ is bad but sadly par on course for a shitload of 90’s comedies. Its just the NYC part that made it more egregious.

But man, they literally copy/pasted a popular all black show and managed to keep black folks off the show like it was Jim Crow, I almost admire the effort, lol. Must be a pilot script/treatment out there with “But No Blacks!” written at the top in comic sans.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #23557 on: July 01, 2022, 02:55:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-it-hyperbole-to-assume-that-left-leaning-people-in-deep-red-areas-are-in-immediate-danger-if-and-when-us-democracy-fails.602880/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-it-hyperbole-to-assume-that-left-leaning-people-in-deep-red-areas-are-in-immediate-danger-if-and-when-us-democracy-fails.602880/page-2#post-89369667
Man this whole "if you're cis/white/male nothing will happen to you" is kind of nonsense. People who get violent when inspired by these sorts of events don't care about what you actually are, their perception doesn't follow these sort of logical rules.

If you're cis/white/male but you dress with jeans that are a bit too tight? "This guy is probably gay". If you have colored hair? "He's one of the queers". If you have minorities in your friends group? If you hang out with them? You think the people who want to harass and hurt them will separate the cis-het white males in the group aside? If it comes to this level of violence then there is no point in saying there's nothing to worry about. Everyone who's in the middle of it can get hurt.

Boredfrom

Boredfrom

« Reply #23559 on: July 01, 2022, 03:15:37 PM »
Quote from: BossAttack
I dunno how that dude wasn't fired on the spot. I mean, I probably know why. But sheesh. 

Religious freedom?

benjipwns

« Reply #23560 on: July 01, 2022, 03:16:04 PM »
Those type of religious people always think they're right, that's where the confidence comes from.
:hmm

benjipwns

« Reply #23561 on: July 01, 2022, 03:17:49 PM »
I mean he has the right to speak for his beliefs even though they are terrible ones and now, his beliefs align with the law unfortunately. Now, if he had a history of being a disturbance, I can see that happening maybe...but I'm sure some of the higher ups have the same view point, but smart enough to not say anything.
He has a right to speak for his beliefs without interference from the government. He does not have the right to not be punished and/or fired by his employer for having shitty beliefs.
These fucking libertarians are everywhere man.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23562 on: July 01, 2022, 03:18:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kotaku-tensions-rise-at-bethesda-as-employees-pressure-company-on-abortion-measures.602913/

People being surprised that abortion is a hot issue

This whole "no politics at work" rule is going to be untenable as people's rights keep getting stripped away.

What happens when (not if) gay marriage is next? Are companies just going to tell their distraught LBGT workers "hey, we know your life is in complete turmoil because of recent events, but please remember no politics. Keep things positive!" ?

Who exactly benefits if the employees are constantly at each others throats? Telling Larry from the PR department that his opinion on gay marriage sucks, only to have him retaliate by quoting ten pages of Bible verses doesn't change shit, it only creates a hostile workplace

Boredfrom

« Reply #23563 on: July 01, 2022, 03:19:14 PM »
He has a right to speak for his beliefs without interference from the government. He does not have the right to not be punished and/or fired by his employer for having shitty beliefs.

:doge

WTF ARE YOU TALKING YOU DUMB FUCK?!

benjipwns

« Reply #23564 on: July 01, 2022, 03:22:12 PM »
I feel like they could claim this dude's creating a hostile work environment / gender discrimination, against corporate policy towards women's health and whatnot just as easily tho.
Then the employee would sue, lower courts would agree with Bethesda, appeal and then goes to the SCOTUS. The nutjobs justices would side with the bigot.

It really pisses me off how emboldened these pieces of shit are.
Anyone trying to impose religious believes on others should be fired on the spot.
Fuck that guy. Honestly. Creating hostile environments using their religious beliefs shouldn't be protected. Imposing their religious beliefs should be a crime.
Unless you work in an actual church or for a religious-based employer, you should be instantly terminated for quoting the bible ELEVEN times while ranting in support of Roe v Wade being overturned. Leave your fucking zealotry at the door.
:rofl

These dudes are all making up law while being ignorant of the actual law (they would otherwise support for protecting employees) and getting angry about their made up law.

Boredfrom

« Reply #23565 on: July 01, 2022, 03:25:22 PM »
IIRC it's illegal to be fired for religious beliefs.

NO SHIT!

Obviously in this case he should be fired for being an asshole completely separated from his beliefs, but I could see it being super risky legally for the company to take action and have him spin it as them firing him for his religion.

A megacorp is going to risk a lawsuit and potential PR disaster because their employees cannot ignore a stupid fundie.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #23566 on: July 01, 2022, 03:34:51 PM »
I dunno how that dude wasn't fired on the spot. I mean, I probably know why. But sheesh. 

Religious freedom?

It’s America, if they want to fire him they can find a reason if they even need to give one.  If he wants to prosthelytize he can go work at a church :trumps

Boredfrom

« Reply #23567 on: July 01, 2022, 03:36:15 PM »

Religious freedom?

It’s America, if they want to fire him they can find a reason if they even need to give one.  If he wants to prosthelytize he can go work at a church :trumps

So worker rights only if it benefits people  with the same beliefs?

benjipwns

« Reply #23568 on: July 01, 2022, 03:41:39 PM »
If they wait, if they fired him immediately like ResetERA.com wants that definitely would trigger the CRA and the EEOC. Especially if they're in Texas.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23569 on: July 01, 2022, 03:42:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kotaku-tensions-rise-at-bethesda-as-employees-pressure-company-on-abortion-measures.602913/

People being surprised that abortion is a hot issue

This whole "no politics at work" rule is going to be untenable as people's rights keep getting stripped away.

What happens when (not if) gay marriage is next? Are companies just going to tell their distraught LBGT workers "hey, we know your life is in complete turmoil because of recent events, but please remember no politics. Keep things positive!" ?

Who exactly benefits if the employees are constantly at each others throats? Telling Larry from the PR department that his opinion on gay marriage sucks, only to have him retaliate by quoting ten pages of Bible verses doesn't change shit, it only creates a hostile workplace
It would be kind of hypocritical with all the rainbow social media banners going around.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #23570 on: July 01, 2022, 03:45:31 PM »
That said, anyone who posts more than three paragraphs with more than two outside quotes in a work chat should immediately be fired and arrested and put in ADX Florence. The First Amendment doesn't protect shouting "fire" in a crowded theater.

SmokyDave

« Reply #23571 on: July 01, 2022, 03:57:00 PM »
Ugh, another pregnancy thread where the bigots of resetera erase trans men and bang on about it being a women’s issue? No thanks, I’ve had my fill of bigotry for today.

:social

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #23572 on: July 01, 2022, 04:07:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/‘friends’-creator-donates-4-million-due-to-‘guilt’-and-embarrassment-over-show’s-zero-diversity.602796/page-3#post-89370513

Quote from: MrCibb, post: 89369676, member: 50831
What an odd thread. How dare someone publicly own up to mistakes that they feel guilty and embarrassed about, and then make a good gesture but not perfectly how we might like them to. Let's shame them to make sure this never happens again.

Quote from: Nepenthe, post: 89370387, member: 1995
"Man, I finally realized I spilled milk on the floor. People told me for awhile the milk was on the ground but I didn't listen to them. I didn't even pay attention to the smell, until I watched a cow get slaughtered by being fed into a wood chipper. So you know what I'm gonna do? Vacuum these dusty floors."

Quote from: MrCibb, post: 89370513, member: 50831
... what?

:dead
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23573 on: July 01, 2022, 04:09:26 PM »
 :what

Boredfrom

« Reply #23574 on: July 01, 2022, 04:10:57 PM »
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/01/world/carnivorous-plant-lives-underground-discovered-scn/index.html

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nepenthes pudica is shown in the Indonesian province of North Kalimantan on Borneo. No other species of pitcher plant catches its prey underground.
[close]

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #23575 on: July 01, 2022, 04:15:35 PM »
Everything they're trying to shame the friends lady with, the friends lady already said about herself.

It's bizarre.

She's not even asking for accolades:

"Here take 4 million and shut up"

:lol

benjipwns

« Reply #23576 on: July 01, 2022, 04:16:16 PM »
I'm glad you're confused at the metaphor for her actions. Because I'm also confused on how you go from ignoring obvious criticisms about how white your show is for the location it's set in (the spilled milk on the floor), only figuring out those people were right because a Black man got lynched on a video you couldn't ignore (the cow in the woodchipper), and somehow squaring these two things with funding the creation of a Black American education program (vacuuming the floors).

All in all, you're one of a few people in this thread complaining that people aren't just giving this woman easy props when she arguably didn't address either the issue of her writing being white or the systemic policing that got Floyd killed with this particular gesture. The gesture is good. Black education is important in these anti-CRT times, as is vacuuming your floors (they are allergen traps), but there is ample space to be concerned about whether or not this is truly helpful altruism or something to just kind of assuage her guilt for not listening to Black people for all these years.

And it's a gesture that isn't in a vacuum, pun not intended; it stands in the shadow of the enormous cloud of systemic racism that hangs over the head of Black Americans, because a lot more was taken from us than just a measly $4 million.
:dead :dead :dead :dead

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23577 on: July 01, 2022, 04:18:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/%E2%80%98friends%E2%80%99-creator-donates-4-million-due-to-%E2%80%98guilt%E2%80%99-and-embarrassment-over-show%E2%80%99s-zero-diversity.602796/page-4#post-89374215
Good for him. The only two diverse characters I remember off the top of my head were Ross’ girlfriends.
How did you get through the entire article and the entire thread and still assume the "creator of Friends" is a "him"?
1) didn’t read the article
2) replied super quickly after just waking up
3) don’t really care that much

But thanks for pointing that out.
He edited the gender part :show

benjipwns

« Reply #23578 on: July 01, 2022, 04:18:38 PM »
“Philanthropy is the private allocation of stolen social wages”
"Here take 4 million and shut up"
Fucking bitch (probably a TERF) should have just kept her blood money to herself instead of trying to shame Black people into silence. :social

Boredfrom

« Reply #23579 on: July 01, 2022, 04:21:04 PM »
Quote from: Nephente
I'm glad you're confused at the metaphor for her actions.

Nephente is never wrong and never makes mistakes. She didn’t had a brain fart, it was totally intentional nonsense.