Author Topic: Is the world burning?  (Read 245493 times)

El Babua

Re: Is the world burning?
« Reply #1380 on: June 01, 2020, 11:57:59 PM »
The last 6 months had like at least 5 years of accelerationism. I wouldn't count out anything crazier happening.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1381 on: June 01, 2020, 11:58:09 PM »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #1382 on: June 02, 2020, 12:01:21 AM »
The last 6 months had like at least 5 years of accelerationism. I wouldn't count out anything crazier happening.
a whole generation has been scarred by police violence so I guess that's not nothing.
每天生气

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1383 on: June 02, 2020, 12:02:05 AM »
WHAT THE FUCK
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1267641851215036416

lmao imagine going out to an anti-cop protest and then trying to flag down some cops thinking that they'll help you out just because you'll tell them the truth
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1384 on: June 02, 2020, 12:04:44 AM »
Feeling a little despondent... the protests are basically over, they're going to keep upping the violence until no one wants to be outside anymore, and to my amazement, no city that I know of has announced any concrete plan of action. At the end of the day it was just a burst of energy gone as quickly as it started. The only thing that's changed is some public opinion, but just barely.

One whole week of liberal politicians saying "We hear you! We hear you!" But if nothing changes then hearing has become ignoring.

protests over? my dude ferguson protests were out there nightly for months and faced much worse artillery and tactics then what has been used this time. people are not going to give up that easily.
pcp

Boredfrom

« Reply #1385 on: June 02, 2020, 12:05:42 AM »
Feeling a little despondent... the protests are basically over, they're going to keep upping the violence until no one wants to be outside anymore, and to my amazement, no city that I know of has announced any concrete plan of action. At the end of the day it was just a burst of energy gone as quickly as it started. The only thing that's changed is some public opinion, but just barely.

One whole week of liberal politicians saying "We hear you! We hear you!" But if nothing changes then hearing has become ignoring.

protests over? my dude ferguson protests were out there nightly for months and faced much worse artillery and tactics then what has been used this time. people are not going to give up that easily.

It was not in the middle of a pandemic.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1386 on: June 02, 2020, 12:05:58 AM »

there were quite a few crazy things that happened that could have longer term consequences or certain people fighting harder for change

Ohio congresswoman pepper sprayed
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/05/congresswoman-pepper-sprayed-joyce-beatty/612436/

New York state senator sprayed and handcuffed
http://bronx.news12.com/story/42192118/state-senator-says-he-was-pepper-sprayed-handcuffed-at-barclays-protest

it might be too early to say how this could affect the election but it sure feels like a net loss for Trump at the moment
Uncle

shosta

« Reply #1387 on: June 02, 2020, 12:06:36 AM »
每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1388 on: June 02, 2020, 12:07:07 AM »

pandemic does mean a lot of people have no jobs right now and nothing better to do
Uncle

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #1389 on: June 02, 2020, 12:08:20 AM »
pandemic does mean a lot of people have no jobs right now and nothing better to do
exactly, this shit is a pressure cooker.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1390 on: June 02, 2020, 12:13:58 AM »
I've been watching CNN for the first time in years - or any American news network.  I think I'm starting to understand why America is so fucked up.  You guys need more BBC in your lives.

Eh... didn’t BBC had some big controversies this past decade?

If the BBC spent one day acting as partisan and biased as CNN, that would be their biggest scandal yet and they covered up that their most famous children's' performer was a child rapist for decades.

The same bbc who’s political editor is basically head of Tory PR at this point?

:maduro
(ice)

shosta

每天生气

shosta

« Reply #1392 on: June 02, 2020, 12:22:51 AM »
It surprises me because people burned down Minneapolis and wrought havoc on multiple other cities and they already know that the next time there's another death it'll happen all over again but they still don't give a fuck because at the end of the day all they have to do is call in the national guard and goddamn it I am losing my mind at the callous indifference :stahp
每天生气

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1393 on: June 02, 2020, 12:24:21 AM »
yes that would be u.s. politics
pcp

Boredfrom

« Reply #1394 on: June 02, 2020, 12:26:42 AM »

Until the virus kicks in two weeks from now.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1395 on: June 02, 2020, 12:30:52 AM »
everyone now saying it was a foregone conclusion that nothing would change when just a few days ago they were saying peaceful protest has been tried and failed so things have to get violent because that's how you guarantee change
Uncle

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1398 on: June 02, 2020, 12:42:42 AM »
It surprises me because people burned down Minneapolis and wrought havoc on multiple other cities and they already know that the next time there's another death it'll happen all over again but they still don't give a fuck because at the end of the day all they have to do is call in the national guard and goddamn it I am losing my mind at the callous indifference :stahp

Now you know why some of us hate both parties. :kermit

Take the black pill, bb. Free your mind from Jack's grip.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1399 on: June 02, 2020, 12:46:03 AM »
One of our cities has only just now visibly recovered from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_Detroit_riot
(In this case literally in that the ring of fires was still visible in locations that were never rebuilt.)

And similar was: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_Newark_riots

Which led to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerner_Commission
President Johnson, who had already pushed through the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act, ignored the report and rejected the Kerner Commission's recommendations.[4] In April 1968, one month after the release of the Kerner report, rioting broke out in more than 100 cities following the assassination of civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr.
And Nixon/Wallace won a majority of the vote, and then Nixon won one of the biggest landslides ever, by essentially running against them rather than to admit any possible wrongdoings in society/state/government, let alone commit to any specific reforms.

The 1990's reaction on crime that culminated in the post-9/11 reaction built a modern police force that has never actually faced a reckoning of that size or even the LA riots. It's instead achieved things like locking down all of Boston to find one person. Police forces now are much more major institutions than they were then. The federal law enforcement and associated intelligence apparatus has never been bigger. What's some minor property damage and mass looting by funemployed people compared to it? Deaths aren't even in the tens yet are they?

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

remy

« Reply #1401 on: June 02, 2020, 12:49:25 AM »

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1402 on: June 02, 2020, 12:50:59 AM »
for whoever posted the fake antifa Twitter account:
https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1267633407711948800?
pcp

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #1403 on: June 02, 2020, 12:51:42 AM »
https://twitter.com/brett_mcgurk/status/1267662905383596032
love how media frames shit like this as “but why are they beating the fuck out of us?”

benjipwns

« Reply #1404 on: June 02, 2020, 01:14:51 AM »
"which is interesting because they're not discriminating between the protesters and the media" - Australian anchorlady

well, they might be, but just not in the way you're probably thinking :rollsafe

Himu

« Reply #1405 on: June 02, 2020, 01:18:05 AM »
Had a rough night (dad died but don't want to hijack the thread). What did I miss? I heard police gassed priests?!
IYKYK

remy

« Reply #1406 on: June 02, 2020, 01:18:56 AM »
"which is interesting because they're not discriminating between the protesters and the media" - Australian anchorlady

well, they might be, but just not in the way you're probably thinking :rollsafe
"its interesting they beat a white person"

shosta

« Reply #1407 on: June 02, 2020, 01:21:16 AM »
I'm sorry Cindi.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #1408 on: June 02, 2020, 01:22:12 AM »
https//twitter.com/justinboldaji/status/1266940031374995459

"It's cause the cops were too woke, actually"
She says "body cams are not turned on unless police have to take action" so therefore it is clear that these officers did not act.

Himu

« Reply #1409 on: June 02, 2020, 01:22:48 AM »
Update me so I can the fight going 💪
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #1410 on: June 02, 2020, 01:30:06 AM »
Update me so I can the fight going 💪
Starts on page 24.

- innocent black man killed by police or national guard live fire during a sudden shootout between cops and a rogue protestor in Louisville. Details murky. Wasn't picked up by national news.
- Trump made a speech that managed to check off every box on how to make things worse. Tear gassed a bunch of lawful protestors so he could walk two blocks and have a cringe photo op holding a bible.
- I watched video after video of indiscriminate police violence against protestors and journalists and flipped out.
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #1411 on: June 02, 2020, 01:31:25 AM »
I'm caught up on the first two things. No idea what happened after Trump's speech.
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #1412 on: June 02, 2020, 01:34:05 AM »
DC protests were kind of nuts with the military flying helicopters. Eventually the protestors started taking refuge in homes and the national guard was going door to door demanding they take hand over the protestors but they couldn't do anything because they weren't trespassing. I don't know what happened to that.
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #1413 on: June 02, 2020, 01:35:26 AM »
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #1414 on: June 02, 2020, 01:35:48 AM »
DC protests were kind of nuts with the military flying helicopters. Eventually the protestors started taking refuge in homes and the national guard was going door to door demanding they take hand over the protestors but they couldn't do anything because they weren't trespassing. I don't know what happened to that.

What the fuck.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #1415 on: June 02, 2020, 01:38:06 AM »
No idea what happened after Trump's speech.
Titan is almost ready.

remy

« Reply #1416 on: June 02, 2020, 01:43:11 AM »
https://twitter.com/jusalotofpain/status/1267638427723296768

Maga Mindset
This shit is fucking insane to me. Gas canister to the face at point blank.

shosta

« Reply #1417 on: June 02, 2020, 01:50:13 AM »

What the fuck.
found a thread, they're currently still waiting outside these houses with buses ready to deliver the protesters to jail.

https://twitter.com/allieblablah/status/1267680388123631616
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #1418 on: June 02, 2020, 01:52:03 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #1419 on: June 02, 2020, 01:54:04 AM »

shosta

« Reply #1420 on: June 02, 2020, 01:55:39 AM »
https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1267676026391404544

Uh... this is the best propaganda video they could come up with?
每天生气

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #1421 on: June 02, 2020, 02:01:04 AM »
Seeing his tweets from yesterday and today (I haven't looked past say 2PM... shit. Well it's technically June 2nd now, but you know what I mean) has been utterly infuriating. This man has no idea how to communicate to the country during this time.

This video, while I'm guessing was something his team pushed through more than himself, is still utterly stupid and pointless. Going to a church and holding a bible? What?! Yes I've hated this man since he began his candidacy, but I can't believe how pathetically he is approaching this protest.

Himu

« Reply #1422 on: June 02, 2020, 02:03:24 AM »
:rofl @ the white house vid
IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1423 on: June 02, 2020, 02:09:17 AM »
God, can you imagine what it's gonna be like for when Trump gets re-elected? He'll have to take the inauguration in a bunker.

That bunker bitch.
que

Himu

« Reply #1424 on: June 02, 2020, 02:10:59 AM »
God, can you imagine what it's gonna be like for when Trump gets re-elected? He'll have to take the inauguration in a bunker.

That bunker bitch.

Trump? Reelected? Don't count on it unless the dumbass leftists convince everyone to stay home
IYKYK

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #1425 on: June 02, 2020, 02:12:43 AM »
I'm still scared he could win. I certainly hope this event tilts the scales in the other direction.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1426 on: June 02, 2020, 02:14:19 AM »

That bunker bitch.

Trump? Reelected? Don't count on it unless the dumbass leftists convince everyone to stay home
oh it'll happen. Count on it.
que

shosta

« Reply #1427 on: June 02, 2020, 02:25:44 AM »
Many white people on my FB feed have decided the riots are beyond the pale and must be stopped by any means necessary
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #1428 on: June 02, 2020, 02:28:36 AM »
Many white people on my FB feed have decided the riots are beyond the pale and must be stopped by any means necessary
The people want lockdown orders enforced against ANTIFA to combat the Wuhan Virus.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:dobbs
[close]

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1429 on: June 02, 2020, 02:29:04 AM »
Even nintex has turned on him, trump is done, litmas is over

:trumps
(ice)

benjipwns

« Reply #1430 on: June 02, 2020, 02:30:35 AM »
Then I hope The War™ is against the Dutch.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1431 on: June 02, 2020, 02:40:20 AM »
If America can’t handle a bit of civil disorder how will you handle Dutch directness

:rash

Get ready for some lit zwarte ops brehs :pimp
(ice)

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1432 on: June 02, 2020, 03:28:09 AM »

Non-voting leftists are a tiny, tiny minority.

If Trump wins, it will be thanks to the hardened cultural identities of exurban white people in the midwest whose votes get extra weight because of the electoral college (and the current geographic distribution of various demographic groups).

Himu

« Reply #1433 on: June 02, 2020, 03:46:22 AM »

Non-voting leftists are a tiny, tiny minority.

If Trump wins, it will be thanks to the hardened cultural identities of exurban white people in the midwest whose votes get extra weight because of the electoral college (and the current geographic distribution of various demographic groups).

No but they're spreading anti-biden stuff in the middle of a time when we have a literal dictator
IYKYK

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1434 on: June 02, 2020, 04:14:45 AM »
US nearing favorite third world country to follow. Even Duterte didnt make this much of a mess.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1435 on: June 02, 2020, 04:55:25 AM »
After these riots there is a (good) chance Trump will get reelected.

Nothing to change some allies and undecided people into enemies then some "if you are not with us then you are against us and a racist" rhetoric and seeing your country burn.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1436 on: June 02, 2020, 05:09:24 AM »
That's exactly the attitude of why Trump might win so thanks for proving my point. Remember Clintons deplorables?

I really don't care what you have or not have patience for :umad

If you guys want to be an echo chamber go at it  :trumps

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1437 on: June 02, 2020, 05:28:20 AM »
There is no discussion just

"omg the police did this and that how could they"

"omg trump how can he"

"omg nothing is changing"

One of the two/three people that doesn't support violent mass protests during an epidemic was banned. I'm not mad this is a private forum if the mods can do whatever they want. Of course its super hypocrite to ban people for free speech when being so outraged about police clamping down on protests but hey that's just my logic.

But don't pretend like there is any discussion going on here besides a sad em up of police violence and echo chamber.

I'll keep voicing my opinion if I feel like it until I no longer can.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1438 on: June 02, 2020, 05:32:49 AM »
Btw playing the race card over this is  :lol

Even my avatar is making fun of white coronabro for months now, thats ok of course. But when I say these protests are dumb thats racism  :lol

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1439 on: June 02, 2020, 05:35:10 AM »
Sure you think its dumb, I think the rioters are dumb. Opinions eh.

But I guess I failed critical thought class otherwise I'd be all for looting Target.