Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2083570 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #15300 on: May 27, 2018, 01:42:10 AM »
Well I for one think putting pussy on a pedestal is super romantic.

Havn't you read The Great Gatsby?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
filler please like one of my posts. You like everyone's posts but mine. Stop negging me. And don't say "nip" it's racist
[close]
::)

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=44700.msg2433316#msg2433316

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45505.msg2433304#msg2433304

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45609.msg2431843#msg2431843

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15301 on: May 27, 2018, 01:43:29 AM »
what kind of bitch ass nicca doesn't check their likes properly  8)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15302 on: May 27, 2018, 01:46:24 AM »
For some reason I still want to try nip pussy. I've had all sorts of other asian, but not jap.
There's other asian puss besides Jap?  :o

I'd only dare go south korean or japanese. Everything else

:donot
I really want one of those asian looking russian bitches  :noah, wouldn't mind a north korean just for the novelty  :lol

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15303 on: May 27, 2018, 01:49:16 AM »

I really want one of those asian looking russian bitches 

I'd marry one immediately. That's like a dream

:preach

edit: i had something close in a Polish chic. But she was thicker though.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15304 on: May 27, 2018, 01:49:51 AM »
what kind of bitch ass nicca doesn't check their likes properly  8)

Nah I mean like my posts where I defend a 49 year-old dude travelling across the solar-system trying to fuck a 22 year old he's never met before. I guess you're not a romantic

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15305 on: May 27, 2018, 01:52:51 AM »
This is about as close as anyone has ever been to making my ignore list  :doge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15306 on: May 27, 2018, 02:01:48 AM »
Completely unrelated but did you say something about liking Asian looking Russian girls or something?

https://www.instagram.com/taaarannn/?hl=en

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15307 on: May 27, 2018, 02:05:44 AM »
I'd fuck her tight ass, but that's not what I was talking about

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15308 on: May 27, 2018, 02:15:58 AM »
Cuter the girl, shittier the music she likes. This is universal.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #15309 on: May 28, 2018, 12:06:45 AM »
been watching oz. ecstasy. this is peak hbo.
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15310 on: May 28, 2018, 03:33:09 AM »

anyone bother?

looks weird .. going to watch

will watch 2 eps and see

prolly going to watch

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15311 on: May 28, 2018, 08:04:49 AM »
westworld is garbage and continues to get worse every week.   the presentation tries to trick you into thinking it's some sophisticated commentary on the nature of consciousness and the implications of giving robots morality, but it quickly reveals itself to be about as deep as a fourteen year olds book report on Do Android Dream Of Electric Sheep. jonathan nolan is a hack

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15312 on: May 28, 2018, 10:13:11 AM »
westworld is garbage and continues to get worse every week.   the presentation tries to trick you into thinking it's some sophisticated commentary on the nature of consciousness and the implications of giving robots morality, but it quickly reveals itself to be about as deep as a fourteen year olds book report on Do Android Dream Of Electric Sheep. jonathan nolan is a hack
That's exactly the age i did a book report on that book  :doge

Nolans are all hacks but WestWorld is still entertaining.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15313 on: May 28, 2018, 10:30:25 AM »
Adebisi's hat is the most adhesive substance known to man

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15314 on: May 28, 2018, 10:35:10 AM »
i dunno i was never of the opinion that the first season was that good but the latest iteration is just so fuckin boring. this episode managed to avoid the dull monologues that have dragged the season down and still sucked. the expository dialogue is so shitty and obvious that i'm actually starting to root for the humans to win at this point

CR4-DL lmao come the fuck on

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15315 on: May 28, 2018, 10:37:28 AM »

small town ecstasy is peak hbo. i sometimes wonder what rave dad is up to these days

shosta

« Reply #15316 on: May 28, 2018, 10:56:56 AM »
Adebisi's hat is the most adhesive substance known to man
"How the fuck does your hat stay on your head? Velcro?"
每天生气

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15317 on: May 28, 2018, 11:54:45 AM »
what season are you on kris?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15318 on: May 28, 2018, 12:54:18 PM »
Kimmy Schmidt isn't getting a 5th season, but a movie to wrap the story up.  Kinda sad, kinda OK with this. 

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15319 on: May 28, 2018, 12:58:30 PM »
the movie thing is a nice surprise. kinda secretly hoping that 30 rock reunion ends up working out

shosta

« Reply #15320 on: May 28, 2018, 01:41:00 PM »
what season are you on kris?
Season 1, just finished fifth episode. I love that every episode is so dense. Other shows crawl in comparison.
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15321 on: May 28, 2018, 08:55:46 PM »
rewatching the Westwing.  Man I miss optimism and an as-advertised America. 

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #15322 on: May 28, 2018, 09:13:51 PM »
one time a poli sci grad student told me how much they loved The West Wing and how realistic it was, etc. and i thought it was funny...then i found out how common this opinion is among the cohort

i always try to limit what i say about it by calling it "that short lived couple episode show where John Goodman plays an amazing President and Gus from Psych is there for some reason but not funny" and i hope people won't bring it up again, but boy do people bring it up at least once

benjipwns

« Reply #15323 on: May 28, 2018, 09:16:13 PM »
What show should I watch now? I tried the first episode of True Detective's second season and realized it would be insufferably bad. Need something that crawls under my skin and unsettles me over time. I was a huge fan of Hannibal before that was cancelled.
Wilfred (US)

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #15324 on: May 28, 2018, 09:20:10 PM »
edit wrong thread ignore

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15325 on: May 28, 2018, 09:20:52 PM »
wrong thread you stupid bitch

Tasty

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15327 on: May 29, 2018, 02:14:01 PM »
lol @ posting that via hbox. Very on brand  :lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #15328 on: May 29, 2018, 02:14:43 PM »
I mostly in favor in keeping artists personal beliefs separated from their work... but she genuinely deserved to be called out by the network. I imagine the show started to have a lot of internal problems given her behavior.

nudemacusers

« Reply #15329 on: May 29, 2018, 04:51:27 PM »
Separating art vs artist is fine and often easy to do when the artist is just kind of an asshole on the low; not as easy when said artist blasts repellent garbage via a loudspeaker constantly.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #15330 on: May 29, 2018, 05:05:13 PM »
Yeah, it's not like Roseanne was compartmentalizing her asshole-ness. It's hard to separate from her work.
___

nudemacusers

« Reply #15331 on: May 29, 2018, 05:29:59 PM »
Somehow varg has managed to be less obnoxious about his actual killing of a person and church-burning than Roseanne about her weird racist conspiracies and edgelord tweet diarrhea. Kind of impressive on Roseanne’s part tbh.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15332 on: May 29, 2018, 05:30:23 PM »
Like a lot of life, there is no hard and fast rule. Sometimes I can separate the person from the art and sometimes I can't. It's often an individual case kind of thing based on how much I like the art. The better the art, the easier it is honestly for me to do it. That's not the most fair thing in the world but its how my brain works. Family sitcoms are pretty low on my art list so its pretty easy for me to shitbin Roseanne and her "art".

benjipwns

« Reply #15333 on: May 29, 2018, 06:08:17 PM »
the hollywood corporate exec in me is saying "holy shit, this is a great opportunity to get out of a second season we should have never greenlit so fast for so much" versus her known normal level of crazy already factored in

wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of other revivals that suddenly popped up all over in the wake of Roseanne's re-debut start silently disappearing

they originally shot the Roseanne stuff back in 2017 as an eight episode "special" thing for the anniversary, then reassembled to shoot an extra episode just in case...then renewed it for a full "tenth" season literally days after that original premiere was such a surprise hit, it never kept up ratings of that level or the attention it got (let alone all the TRUMP ZEITGEIST wankery), did more ratings of "hey, this popular thing i heard about is a bit different and unique for midseason so i'll watch it" and it wasn't exactly going to be as cheap to continue since everyone took "cuts" to do it as a special in the first place, Barr herself had already been pushing up the bidding just to keep her

benjipwns

« Reply #15334 on: May 29, 2018, 06:32:20 PM »
it had been sounding to me like they were already considering they could hype it up enough again to make up for the expected ratings cratering like every other broadcast sitcom, toss out one more season (probably shorter than the standard 22 episodes again) and get out with sacks full of money before it fell apart naturally from modern broadcast economics

all the wankery about the politics or how it was saying something about "restoring the glory days of the sitcom" or whatever was probably all part of that in an already internalized cynical notion about the modern broadcast sitcom

take literally any sitcom from the era that has done reruns for years-to-decades after and you can probably do the same comparatively huge premiere, good ratings for a HBO length "season" and then slowly fall apart in a second comeback season then pull the plug before the costs outrace it

stuff like Arrested Development and 30 Rock are operating on completely separate models, just like the shows themselves originally were, and probably do better now (or will/would) than the shows ever did originally

benjipwns

« Reply #15335 on: May 29, 2018, 06:32:28 PM »
lone exception: a Cosby revival, do it NBC like your dark corporate hearts demand... they wanna get nuts, lets get nuts

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15336 on: May 29, 2018, 06:40:37 PM »
See I'd say it's the opposite reaction for me, because it's a family sitcom and is pretty low on the art list, I really don't give a shit what anyone involved does or says.

Everybody is different. Roman Polanski is a pretty shit guy. But he has made some of my favorite movies of all time. It doesn't overly effect my enjoyment of them because they are really great art for me. Which is not to say he shouldn't have paid the consequences for what he did or that he doesn't continue to be a shit-bird based on his recent comments ala the me too movement.

benjipwns

« Reply #15337 on: May 29, 2018, 06:42:42 PM »
if anyone has a "Lisa Bonet" parody account now's your chance to like the above post that you've been waiting for

FatalT

« Reply #15338 on: May 29, 2018, 07:03:38 PM »
I’ve been binging Supernatural because it’s supposed to be really good and I like the Dean/Sam bromance. Up to season 4, episode 12 so I finally got past the monster of the week garbage and into the heaven/hell with angels parts and it’s gotten more fun.

Started Gotham too but am only watching that with the girlfriend. Read that season 1 is slow and bleh but 2-current are a blast. I like the Penguin because he’s like the original and the one they used in the TellTale game.

Also I’m probably a terrible human being but I’m getting her into Lost and we’re at season 1’s finale.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15339 on: May 29, 2018, 07:27:59 PM »
I'm watching the new Arrested Development season and it feels somehow more off than the 4th season. It's missing the rapid fire comedy and editing that made the original run a favorite of mine.

Thx for reminding me. Need to binge these.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15340 on: May 29, 2018, 08:34:33 PM »
not gonna defend MJ, but I still listen to off the wall and thriller. I'm not gonna stop enjoying good music just because some kids might have got amirox'd 30 years back

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15341 on: May 29, 2018, 09:39:16 PM »
not gonna defend MJ, but I still listen to off the wall and thriller. I'm not gonna stop enjoying good music just because some kids might have got amirox'd 30 years back
i'm still on the fence on that one. He was too weird in a guy that never grew up way be to be an amirox.

And didn't the family that was involved in that fall apart afterwards? the father committed suicide and the kid vanished?

benjipwns

« Reply #15342 on: May 29, 2018, 10:28:10 PM »
And didn't the family that was involved in that fall apart afterwards? the father committed suicide and the kid vanished?
not making any argument about Jackson as I've never looked into it, but I did want to point out that you might want to re-evaluate these "points of evidence" from the perspective that something traumatic might have happened to cause them

especially something traumatic "coped with" through the global media spotlight and legal system

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15343 on: May 29, 2018, 10:36:20 PM »
not making any argument about Jackson as I've never looked into it, but I did want to point out that you might want to re-evaluate these "points of evidence" from the perspective that something traumatic might have happened to cause them

especially something traumatic "coped with" through the global media spotlight and legal system
Possible. But LA people are weird so i never know what to think.

Yes, let my son go play with a grown ass man and have sleep overs  >:(

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #15344 on: May 29, 2018, 10:39:01 PM »
MJ is sort of the opposite of Bill Cosby, in that the factual case against him was much, much weaker but his public persona was weird enough by that point that a lot of people were ready to believe it.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15345 on: May 29, 2018, 10:40:47 PM »
MJ is sort of the opposite of Bill Cosby, in that the factual case against him was much, much weaker but his public persona was weird enough by that point that a lot of people were ready to believe it.

Mandark, would you let your 12 year old self be fondled by MJ for 20 million?

Serious question.

benjipwns

« Reply #15346 on: May 29, 2018, 10:41:15 PM »
sometimes teenagers can learn a lot from older men
The Neverland Ranch, outside Los Olivos, California, is a two-and-a-half-hour drive from Bryant's home in Pacific Palisades through rolling hills and canyons. Bryant misjudges the distance, arriving nearly out of gas. Not to worry, Jackson says, you can fill up at my private gas station. A 2,700-acre cornucopia of childlike delights, Neverland also boasts an amusement park with a Ferris wheel, a roller coaster, a petting zoo housing a llama, orangutans, an elephant and giraffes, and a steam engine named after Michael Jackson's mother, Katherine.

Inside the French Normandy residence, the two men share a meal of marinated chicken and organic vegetables."He told me, 'This is what you love. This is your obsession,'" Bryant recalls. "He said, 'I know what it's like to be different. Embrace it.'"

After dinner, Jackson presents Bryant with a gift, a copy of Jonathan Livingston Seagull, a novella about an outcast bird who's unwilling to conform. Then they drive half a mile to Jackson's private 5,500-square-foot theater, adorned with billboards for old films, a flowing fountain and a concession stand stocked with boxed treats and cotton candy.

The theater has a state-of-the-art sound system, plush velvet seats and trapdoors for magic shows. Bryant has never heard of Grace Kelly, Fred Astaire or Ginger Rogers, but during a private film showing of their work, Michael explains how they were the inspiration for Jackson's 1988 "Smooth Criminal" music video and describes the lineage of his music, breaking down songs note by note, taking Bryant through the process of recording "Billie Jean." Jackson tells Kobe that he is transfixed by the success of the Beatles, that he initiated friendships with Paul McCartney and Yoko Ono just to learn more. Your curiosity is your greatest gift, Jackson says. Use it to expand your scope. Ordinary people won't understand your insatiable thirst for excellence. They won't bother to keep striving because it's too onerous, too difficult.

"You've got to study all the greats," Jackson tells Kobe. "You've got to learn what made them successful and what made them unsuccessful."

As Bryant drives home through Santa Barbara County -- a full tank of Neverland gas in his car -- his front seat is cluttered with copies of classic movies Jackson has given him: An American in Paris, Singing in the Rain, Farewell My Concubine. It's Kobe's homework, along with an additional reading assignment: Napoleon Hill's Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #15347 on: May 29, 2018, 10:44:44 PM »
Mandark, would you let your 12 year old self be fondled by MJ for 20 million?

Serious question.

I didn't know that about you.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #15348 on: May 29, 2018, 10:50:02 PM »
S2 of Insecure was great.

Has a bit of a daytime tv soap feel at times, especially in that everyone is overly manicured and fit. But it's funny, and self-aware. Cool sexy show. So many positive vibes. I love overcoming negative shit and restoring broken relationships. <3
◕‿◕

Borealis

« Reply #15349 on: May 30, 2018, 11:02:15 AM »
The new AD season (half season?) is boring and generic as hell. Some good lines here and there but the delivery is off and the editing in this one really sucks. I saw some merit in S4 at the time, don't really here. Will probably finish the second half when it comes out, but not expecting much.

Yet another good thing where they should have left well enough alone.

I've recently finished S3 and just begun S4's remix, I'm not sure if I should continue with the revival. Everyone in ep1 feels a bit exhausted, the jokes are sorta there, and some of the green screen moments just destroy the vibe.

Worth getting through?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #15350 on: May 30, 2018, 12:02:46 PM »
someone help me here...

why is Thomas Janes' character obsessed with this bitch he never met? I'm halfway through season 2 of the Expanse  and he's still hung up on this dead bitch. Did i miss something ? Or are they simply pandering to weirdo nerds that obsess over women that never knew they existed?

He's a broken human being with a fucked up moral compass. It's noir. It's beautiful and if you don't understand it, you need more whisky.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #15351 on: May 30, 2018, 12:10:26 PM »
wrong thread you stupid bitch
Could you please try to be less of a cheesedick fuckbag? PLONK

I’ve been binging Supernatural because it’s supposed to be really good and I like the Dean/Sam bromance. Up to season 4, episode 12 so I finally got past the monster of the week garbage and into the heaven/hell with angels parts and it’s gotten more fun.

Started Gotham too but am only watching that with the girlfriend. Read that season 1 is slow and bleh but 2-current are a blast. I like the Penguin because he’s like the original and the one they used in the TellTale game.

Also I’m probably a terrible human being but I’m getting her into Lost and we’re at season 1’s finale.
Supernatural has a great arc that ends with s5 and is the perfect place to end your engagement with the series. I urge you to watch through the end of s5 and leave it alone after that.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15352 on: May 30, 2018, 04:59:32 PM »
I'm watching the new Arrested Development season and it feels somehow more off than the 4th season. It's missing the rapid fire comedy and editing that made the original run a favorite of mine.

I was hoping you were wrong. I was hoping I would come back to the thread and say how much I disagree with you.

But nope you are right.

They needed to do a time jump and come up with a new story instead of basically continuing on from Season 4. This is the least funny season of the show so far. Season 4 was certainly problematic but there were still good gags in it. In 5 episodes, I don't think I've seen an especially clever joke yet which is awful for arrested development. The pacing is too slow again like season 4 but again less funny so it hurts even more. The characters don't make sense to me anymore. Like the relationship between George Michael and Michael is baffling to me. None of it makes a lick of sense. The characters are unmotivated and unlikeable which is a weird thing to say about Arrested Development, but its what I feel for like the first time ever. The writing simply can't match the past ambitions of the show. If this was the beginning point of a new show, nobody would fall in love with this material like they did the old show.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 05:04:40 PM by Stoney Mason »

Tasty

« Reply #15353 on: May 30, 2018, 05:37:22 PM »
Season 4 is way better than s5 so far. Either version.

I agree they needed a timeskip. It's like they can't decide whether to continue from s4 (Lucille 2 stuff, Tony Wonder, etc.) or make a clean break/retcon (George Michael punching Michael, all of Maebe/Lindsay/Buster s4 plotlines, etc.)

Tasty

« Reply #15354 on: May 30, 2018, 05:38:05 PM »
They need to bring Charlize back for like a three-episode arc. Something like Julia Louis-Dreyfus in s2.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15355 on: May 30, 2018, 05:53:02 PM »
The show feels like everybody's 2nd or 3rd job instead of the main thing they focus on. Writers, Producers, Actors, etc. The original show never had a wasted moment that wasn't packed with a jack or a setup for a joke.

Now the show just meanders and scenes just always linger as if its trying to let the actors improvise or something.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15356 on: May 30, 2018, 06:10:52 PM »
been slowly rewatching season 1 of expanse, so good brehs  :lawd

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15357 on: May 31, 2018, 12:09:29 AM »
Kimmy Schmidt season 4 is out

'We meet having sex at a vodka launch party'  :lol

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15358 on: May 31, 2018, 12:43:40 AM »
episode 3 :dead

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15359 on: May 31, 2018, 12:46:12 AM »
OMG the footage is real too