Author Topic: Residential Biohazardness 5 Thread  (Read 78753 times)

Himu

Residential Biohazardness 5 Thread
« on: February 26, 2009, 09:30:38 AM »
Wow, so this game isn't just an action game?

:o look at the moon in this vid. WOW.

[youtube=560,345]ISheim6ImZg[/youtube]

So who's getting RE5 and for what system?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 04:18:46 PM by the lyte edge »
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: New RE5 vid from 1up
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 09:57:04 AM »
Getting it for the 360, it's sure to have inferior graphics on the craptacular PS3.  Not that you'd notice on your sdtv, but still.
yar

dark1x

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 10:03:52 AM »
Getting 360 version so that I can use a VGA cable for easy same room CO-OP play with a friend of mine.  Plus, the PS3 demo had more slowdown.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 10:04:49 AM »
not buying. looks like crap. shitty controls, re4 hd etc

money's going towards Riddick :heart
nat

cool breeze

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 10:08:18 AM »
Getting it on 360

and I saw that cover mechanic back when Eurogamer or someone had videos up.  Still looks incredibly awkward.

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 10:10:55 AM »
not buying. looks like crap. shitty controls, re4 hd etc

money's going towards Riddick :heart

:bow fistfulofmetal :bow2

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 10:39:54 AM »
Me,360,will play coop,can't wait,total Resi 5 media blackout starting today.
cat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 10:46:08 AM »
360 unless I hear that the PS3 version is actually somehow equal (lol).
ど助平

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 10:46:59 AM »
360 unless I hear that the PS3 version is actually somehow equal (lol).

Right, so I'll just go ahead and pencil you in for the 360 version then.
yar

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 12:25:02 PM »
I guess I'll get it, but man, I did not like what I played from the demo.  The controls bugged the shit out of me, and I hate the mechanics of Sheva and the item management.
püp

Himu

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 12:42:35 PM »
I guess I'll get it, but man, I did not like what I played from the demo.  The controls bugged the shit out of me, and I hate the mechanics of Sheva and the item management.

Did you try control type A? RE4 controls.
IYKYK

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 12:55:28 PM »
I might hit it later this year. Between KZ2 this week and MLB 09:The Show next week, it's just not in my immediate future.
©ZH

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 01:09:52 PM »
The PS3 version is actually better because you play it on a PS3. It's a playstation experience and a playstation franchise best played on a playstation.

Did you forget about Code Veronica, Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil 4, and Umbrella Chronicles? 
ど助平

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 01:12:03 PM »
The PS3 version is actually better because you play it on a PS3. It's a playstation experience and a playstation franchise best played on a playstation.

Did you forget about Code Veronica, Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil 4, and Umbrella Chronicles? 

Not to mention REmake.

CBG

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 01:14:48 PM »
lol ps3 got defranchised by Capcom. Every game is now multi-plat or 360 exclusive.

Capcom knows where the shill is at.

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 01:23:14 PM »
I knew you were being sarcastic, I just though I'd play along. Not that you'd belive me you sexy pollack.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 01:41:47 PM »
suckers :smug

It was hard to tell which way you were going.  I had to go along with it in case you were acting all ig'nant.   :smug
ど助平

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 01:52:03 PM »

Oh?  I'll have to try the demo again.
püp

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 01:59:51 PM »

What do you think about type B, Himu? I've been mainly using that scheme in the demo. Is it not preferable to have shooting controls on the triggers and aiming on the RS?

Himu

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 02:05:28 PM »
Fuck no. Not for RE5. I prefer it the RE4 way because I'm used to it that way. With other shooters, you don't have to HOLD ANOTHER BUTTON to shoot, so having to press LT *and* RT is just weird to me. RT + X ftw.

Plus, that's how RE games control. It makes feel more comfortable because I'm used to that control scheme in the series now.
IYKYK

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 02:10:12 PM »
Nice graphics, but it's painful to watch those controls. I can feel the tank.
i

Himu

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 02:12:55 PM »
I think type A is the most intuitive. Type C is good, but strafe is just weird to me in this game. Type B isn't bad but not preferable to type A, and type D is shit. Too bad the demo defaults at type D. I don't know why.
IYKYK

cool breeze

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 02:15:24 PM »
after playing the demo a couple times, C is what I'll use.  Strafing does really help move around the environment.  And even though I'm getting it on the 360, using A/C controls feels more natural on the PS3 since I'm more used to aiming with the left stick from all the Metal Gears and games like that.  The only time I can remember using the left stick to aim on the 360 was in Banjo 360 or something.

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 02:17:19 PM »
I have a bad feeling I'm going to alternate between control schemes throughout the whole game and still not find something I'm comfortable with. I would have very much preferred it if they just had one control scheme in the game (like the GC) and forced players to use that. RE4 was all like 'if you don't like it, then GTFO'

Himu

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 02:17:46 PM »
Don't you use left stick to aim in Dead Rising?

I seriously prefer aiming with the left stick. I prefer my right hand to do the shooting, left hand to aim/move.

I have a bad feeling I'm going to alternate between control schemes throughout the whole game and still not find something I'm comfortable with. I would have very much preferred it if they just had one control scheme in the game (like the GC) and forced players to use that. RE4 was all like 'if you don't like it, then GTFO'

Agreed.
IYKYK

cool breeze

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 02:23:58 PM »
Don't you use left stick to aim in Dead Rising?

true

there is another game I know I'm forgetting.  I think it's infinite undiscovery with the Aya bow shooting shit.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 03:00:03 PM »
But the controls in RE4 are awesome.  The game feels like its structured around them, whereas what I played of RE5's demo, they just weren't sure of themselves.
püp

Himu

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 03:22:49 PM »
RE5's type D is shit to appease for the Gears distinguished effete fellows. Type A is fine. There are various control types for various styles.
IYKYK

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 03:39:03 PM »
I'm gonna try and force myself to play the full game on A. Telling myself all the time, this is how it's supposed to be played.

But than a little voice in my head would say, 'the only reason they didn't use the RS to aim in RE4 is because the GC controller's RS sucked balles.'  >:(

Come on, Himu, reassure me that Type A's the best. Please.

Himu

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 03:47:01 PM »
I'm gonna try and force myself to play the full game on A. Telling myself all the time, this is how it's supposed to be played.

But than a little voice in my head would say, 'the only reason they didn't use the RS to aim in RE4 is because the GC controller's RS sucked balles.'  >:(

Come on, Himu, reassure me that Type A's the best. Please.

Haha. Well it's what *I* like the best. Have you tried C? I can't remember but can't you aim with right stick with C?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 03:52:30 PM »
Type C in action:

[youtube=560,345]LIfVgb6SEm4[/youtube]

well, it LOOKS like type c due to strafe. can type d strafe? forgot.
IYKYK

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 03:57:21 PM »
I don't know about C or D, specifically the strafing aspect - it doesn't sit well with me. Everytime I play with C or D, I get a mental image of Mikami looking down on me and shaking his head with a dissapointed look in his face.

It makes me wanna cry...

Himu

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 03:59:38 PM »
:lol
IYKYK

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
Re: RE5
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 04:12:58 PM »
I love that instead of coming up with a control scheme that actually works, they just made like 12 janky versions.
wha

duckman2000

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 04:23:58 PM »
I love that instead of coming up with a control scheme that actually works, they just made like 12 janky versions.

Pretty remarkable, really. I think there's something to RE4 being alright because, hey, take it or leave it. Here, there are a ton of options, yet not a single reasonable one.

Himu

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 04:26:16 PM »
But there's an option for RE4 controls, so why does RE4 get a pass and RE5 doesn't?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 04:31:29 PM »
IYKYK

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 05:07:16 PM »
The first main Resident Evil game that's very uninteresting to me.

But I will still play and be bitter about it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 05:10:10 PM by Third »

Jansen

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2009, 05:17:45 PM »
which control scheme made it easy as hell to do the contextual attacks? cuz that is what i'll be using

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2009, 05:55:13 PM »
I preordered yesterday for the 360. :hyper

Don't give a crap about controls, whiners can play something more on their coordination level like Pong.

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2009, 07:52:27 PM »
I preordered the PS3 version a couple weeks ago. No LE for me, it's all a bunch of superfluous crap and a hokey looking messenger bag.
野球

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2009, 08:18:20 PM »
I need to finish up with Lost Odyssey and maybe one other game to use as trade bait, GS is giving an extra 20% if you trade in towards RE5.
yar

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2009, 09:38:39 PM »
But there's an option for RE4 controls, so why does RE4 get a pass and RE5 doesn't?

Because it came out half a decade ago

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2009, 09:56:42 PM »
Ding!

Other games have been released in the same genre with far more refined controls since the release of Resident Evil 4.  We don't need this crap.
PSP

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2009, 09:58:10 PM »
If they  had gone straight retro I still wouldn't have bought it, but at least I could have written it off as catering to a niche. But their decision to sloppily throw in sidestepping and taking cover, and trying to make giant setpieces like Gears but forcing you to trudge through them, makes it unacceptable.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2009, 10:00:31 PM »
Ding!

Other games have been released in the same genre with far more refined controls since the release of Resident Evil 4.  We don't need this crap.

Yeah, except that I replayed RE4 last year and it was still, you know, MASSIVELY FUN AND AWESOME.
yar

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2009, 10:02:09 PM »
The game is fun, but that doesn't mean Capcom should keep the same controls intact years later - especially when other genre titles have instituted more intuitive controls for awhile now.
PSP

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2009, 10:06:07 PM »
Whatever Hebrew, you'll still play it and love it.
yar

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2009, 10:08:40 PM »
Way too much fuss about controls. Oh no, i have to stop to shoot, it just brakes my mind, i can't take it, *has convulsions*

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2009, 10:17:25 PM »
Whatever Hebrew, you'll still play it

Yes.

and love it.

Jury is definitely out on this one, probably moreso than any Resident Evil in recent memory (maybe Resident Evil 3?).
PSP

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2009, 11:01:42 PM »
Way too much fuss about controls. Oh no, i have to stop to shoot, it just brakes my mind, i can't take it, *has convulsions*

That's not even the issue.  I loved RE4's controls.  RE5 mixes in a weird janky system where I just can't adapt to it.  That's INCLUDING Type A's control method.

Maybe I just liked using it on the Cube controller, I don't know.
püp

Himu

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2009, 12:55:48 AM »
RE5 does not mix in a "weird, janky system". I played RE4 three times back to back in like the span of a few days just the other week. They're practically the same. The only difference is the fact that run and shoot buttons have reversed.

Chris is more slow due to a number of things: 1. animations; he has to stop and PICK items up while with Leon he automatically got loot when you decided to pick it up. 2. The aiming speed is slow as fuck, turn it to fastest speed, 3. Chris is more slow than Leon in general. Haven't gotten the chance to play as Sheva yet but being more slow does not change the controls a bit, since they're...you know, the same. I agree Chris is slow, but you get used to the controls in like 2 seconds if you have played RE4 for any length of time.

I wish we could have an RE5 discussion for any length of time without someone mentioning the controls. Sigh.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2009, 12:58:46 AM »

Because it came out half a decade ago

That's the stupidest argument I've ever heard. If the controls were fine then, the controls are fine now. Sorry gamers are pawns to trends and have ridiculous ADD.
IYKYK

drew

• sy
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2009, 01:03:05 AM »
I wish we could have an RE5 discussion for any length of time without someone mentioning the controls. Sigh.

o we will boo.  once i get the game

im probably the biggest closet resifag on eb

G The Resurrected

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2009, 02:00:27 AM »
Got the collectors edition and limited edition console bundle preordered. Gotta get rid of my regular elite now too many 360's in the house.

duckman2000

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2009, 02:19:47 AM »

That's what happens when a game has shit controls.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2009, 05:11:52 AM »
Got the collectors edition and limited edition console bundle preordered. Gotta get rid of my regular elite now too many 360's in the house.

Are all of those 360's fighting your multiple PS3's for space?
yar

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2009, 05:17:49 AM »
I'll take your Elite - or one of your spare 120GBs
fat

G The Resurrected

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2009, 09:54:52 AM »
I'll take your Elite - or one of your spare 120GBs

How much? the hdd is practically new (payed $150 for it), I only opened the hdd for the hdd transfer kit for the elite. I should rephrase that the 360 I wish to get rid of is just an upgraded pro, but if you have to have it black I can work my jackson pollock magic. Unfortunatly its not by choice that I'm trying to get rid of it, the girlfriend wants a red 360 so the girlfriend gets what she wants.

Greenman

Nah I'm not giving up the wired controlers, they are like gold in this house cause we fly through batteries like crazy if we didn't have them.

Himu

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2009, 10:15:57 AM »

That's what happens when a game has shit controls.

Man up
IYKYK